Sneeze Fetish Forum

Warbler drabbles!

stephab13

omg that was just too cute for words. i am actually smiling like a huge dork right now smile.png

please keep writing! I love these so much.

*is also smiling like a dork*

AND AGREED! :D too cute!!

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awwww. Glad I could make you smile. They really are gorgeous. I love my boys.

And now, time for some Wevid and blink-and-you'll-miss-it Wavel.

Title: Satisfied

Characters: Wes, David (cold)

“David… David… David… David… David…”

It was Wes. Bloody hyperactive child.

“Dave… Dave… Dave… David… David… Africa… Africa…”

What did he want? David groaned but didn’t open his eyes.

“D… D… D… D… Daddy… Daddy… David… David…”

David allowed himself a sniff, still feigning sleep. Would he not just SHUT UP?

“David… DAVID…”

“WHAT???” He finally opened his eyes, glaring at the senior.

“Hi!” Wes broke into giggles, waving Justice through the air.

“Is there a reason for you being here?” David winced at the hoarseness of his voice – yelling had probably not been the best idea.

“God made me.”

David stuck out his tongue, still not sitting up. “I mbeand, why are you here, ind mby bedroomb, keeping mbe fromb sleep?”

“Justice” (the gavel David gave him when he was elected head council member) “wanted me to check you’re still alive.” Wes turned the desk chair around and sat on it backwards, staring at him, chin resting on the rungs.

“And you couldn’t have just, oh, I duddo, watched mbe breathe? You had to actually wake mbe up?” David rubbed his bleary eyes. “Dude. Ndot cool.”

“So, you are alive then?”

“Barely.” David’s face began to contort. “Hashoo! Hashoo! HASHOO!

Wes giggled. “Bless you. Now, hurry up – dinner’s in 5.”

“Finde, I’mb up.” He slowly pushed himself to his feet, swaying slightly. Wes caught him, placing a leather jacket over his shoulders. “Satisfied?”

Wes grinned, helping David stumble to the door. “Sure am!”

Bhahahaha! That last one was soooooo cute! Wes hyper and waking poor David up. aaevil.gif I LOVE IT!!!! heart.gifwub.png I love all of your Warbler drabbles!!! SQUEALS!!! WES!!!! wub.png I come on here to check for updates whenever I can (lately not as much as I would want to but hey it's college) anyway...... rolleyes.gif I come on here whenever I can to check for updates and you have no idea how happy your updates make me. biggrin.pnghug.gif thanks again for the PURE AWESOMENESS!! worshippy.gif

OMG RED VINES OMG OMG OMG

I actually brought 4 pounds of them back to Australia, I am that obsessed. They lasted... maybe 2 weeks.

College, Zane? Mind me asking what you're studying? Or where? I really really want to study in the US at some point in time... once I get my GPA up... and live over there a couple of years...

And to everyone that reads this: the next update. Lively. I'm writing something (alongside with TSAB, so if I get both published soonish, then great, but this might have to wait a little and STOP YOUR RAMBLING WOMAN!!! Anyhooo...), but it's ridiculously angst-based... And I can rewrite for the prompt if you want, but do you want to see some Trent!angst? Or should I leave that just for FFnet and do something else instead?

Right. Okay.

Sorry for taking a while. Uni has been evil... Eg, I just finished doing my prac notebook from my prac today that is due tomorrow... So I haven't had a heap of time to write. Plus I updated TSAB. And I debated posting this anyway... It's... well, it's angst. A tiny rewrite and I'm posting this on FFnet - though hopefully not at 0330 in the morning. You can blame microbiology for that :P

Yeah. Trent!angst... I guess... Yeah. Please read it. And let me know what you think, because I'd love to hear comments. And I'll get along and continue writing my drabbles... Seeing as this is over 3 times the maximum length... And yes.

See how tired I am? I'm not even rambling properly.

So here you are. More caring!Warblers.

Oh, before I forget... songs! They are Boulevard of Broken Dreams by Green Day, My Legs Are Weak by Paloma Faith and Iris by Goo Goo Dolls.

Title: Lively

Characters: Wes, Trent (unspecified)

Wes sighed heavily as he trolled the corridors, one hand clenched in his pocket, other kneading both his temples with his thumb and forefinger. One of the few joys of being a senior – and a prefect – was that he was able to just get out and clear his head, no matter the time of day.

Which is really what he needed to do. To say it had been a long day, was like saying Jupiter is a long way from Earth. Long didn’t even begin to cover it. He’d run from assessment to Warbler council meeting to class to meeting with the headmaster to make-up assessment after school to LATE Warbler rehearsal to meeting with the boarding masters. By the time he finally got around to eat, it was about 8:30 pm and he’d had to reheat everything in one of the kitchen ovens. When he managed to get to his room – and we’re now past 10 on the clock – there was a line of about 5 boys – both Warblers and members of his own house – of varying levels of anxiety needing his advice. He’d finally managed to sit down to work on his Literature essay at a little past midnight – only to discover his head was too crammed to even begin to comprehend how Jay Gatsby did or did not represent the death of the American Dream. Bed was out of the question – so he’d shoved the pen, paper and novel aside, pulled on his softest slippers and glided out the door.

He scuffed his shoes down the corridor, through the foyer, until he came to the house music room. Too often he’d be brought here in the middle of the night. He’d slip inside, sit down at the piano stool, lose himself in thought, clear some from his head. Some nights he’d dampen it with the practise pedal and play pianissimo, maybe humming along. Other nights he’d mime playing. Sometimes he’d bring sheet music and work on arranging.

Not tonight. He knew something was off as he crept down the stairs. As he worked his way closer and closer to the door he could hear the gentle hush of the muted piano and a soft voice singing. He stopped at the door, ears pricking.

My shadow’s the only one who walks beside me.

My shallow heart’s the only thing that’s beating.

Sometimes I wish someone out there will find me.

Till then, I walk alone…

He wasn’t entirely sure who it was. He recognised the voice, of course – Wes knew everyone in his house like the notes on a stave, especially the musicians – but it was too quiet, too… emotional. He considered going in there, trying to help whoever it was out… but it was past midnight. Whoever was there didn’t want to be disturbed. Honestly, it sounded like they just needed to vent – and Wes knew from experience not to interrupt. So he slowly turned away and shuffled back upstairs, the echo of the song lulling him into sleep.

The next day, thankfully, was not as busy. He’d pulled together the Warblers, tried talking to each of them to work out who’d been so distraught the night before. He knew it had to be one of his boys – he was kinda psychic when it came to that sort of thing – but they all seemed fine. A couple perhaps a little more tired than usual, but he couldn’t really read anything into that – a lot of the guys had stuff going on in their lives, and midterms were coming on top of the chapel concert the choir was featured heavily in.

But it was still bugging him. There were a few there that Wes was worried about – though he didn’t really know why. Maybe because he saw people. That was really the only way to describe it. He’d look someone in the eye and could tell exactly what they were feeling, what sort of person they were, how much horror surrounded their past, how strong they were now, how much of a burden they were trying to hide… But he still couldn’t work out what it was, or who, or just how badly they needed him.

So that night he again found himself drawn to the piano room, the refrain from last night echoing in his mind, calling him back. And again, he heard that haunting sorrow.

Woke up this morning and hoped for a dream,

But reality came and sat next to me, and forced me to believe.

Knocked down too soon

Like a skittle on the lanes.

The man who took the wrong stop

From life’s fast-moving train…

It was Trent. There was no doubt about it tonight. That guttural rasp of country twang that very few can pull off… Sure, there were others that could sing jazz – David and Blaine, for example. But their voices were too sweet, too smooth. Trent’s was… perfect. From the pitch to the emotion it conveyed… There was a horrifying sort of maturity that his voice carried, some strange loss of innocence. It was beautiful, in a twisted manner.

He waited until the song had finished, then knocked quietly on the door. “What’s up, Trent? Couldn’t sleep?”

He could hear some papers rustling inside. “Was… Was I too loud? I’m sorry, Wes, I’ll just… I’ll just go…”

The door remained closed. Forcing himself to trust that Trent was alright, he turned back away. “No, you’re fine. Just… make sure you get some rest tonight, okay?” And, regretting his decision the instant he acted upon it, Wes turned and hurried back to bed.

Thankfully, the next day held a Warbler rehearsal after school. Wes had not been able to get Trent off his mind all day. That pain in his voice. How frightened he’d sounded at the interruption… at being discovered. And Wes knew from experience that the more terrified a person seemed at exposure, the higher a toll it was taking on them.

It wasn’t really a surprise, therefore, that the freshman was absent from rehearsal. But upon asking Jeff – the only Warbler who shared a class with Trent, who took advanced history – Wes was concerned to learn he hadn’t attended class that day. And that night, the piano room remained eerily quiet.

And so it remained for the rest of week. Whenever Wes was not kept busy with whatever errands he had to run, he spent the rest of his time trying to track down Trent. He didn’t show up to rehearsal. He didn’t show up to class. The piano room remained Wes’ alone at night.

Eventually, on the Monday of the next week, Jeff came forward and told him that Trent had finally made an appearance after lunch – he’d lost weight, looked dreadful and sounded even worse – though, Jeff repeated back, “he was feeling a lot better than he appeared – and better than he’d felt since late Tuesday night.”

Wes had been checking the music room every night since he’d first heard the singing. And he wasn’t disappointed that Monday night. Sneaking down yet again, ear turned towards the soft oak door, he was greeted again with a lament, the voice much rougher than usual after nearly a week of disuse, the pitch slightly faulty, but the self-hatred just as evident.

And I don’t want the world to see me

Cos I don’t think that they’d understand.

When everything’s made to be broken

I just want you to know who I am.

The song ended abruptly as a harsh coughing fit broke out inside. And without even thinking about it, Wes pushed open the door and had his arms around the freshman, rubbing his back as the boy turned red and started gasping for air.

“Trent… Breathe… That’s right.”

But as soon as he was able, the freshman pushed himself out of the senior’s arms. “What are you doing here?” Eyes flashing. Accusatory. No, not accusatory. Defensive. Wes let his own eyes wash over the boy, from the trembling hands to the firmly folded arms to the dark bags ringing his eyes and the drawn expression of a boy that’s lost a lot of weight in not very much time at all.

Wes was shocked, actually. “I couldn’t sleep,” he said, half-honestly. “So my feet just kind of lead me here.” He bit his lip. “Are you okay? I mean… relatively? You’re usually so… vivacious…”

Trent shook his head, eyes widening. Like he hadn’t anticipated the question and really had no idea how to answer it. Or maybe he did know, but was fighting to decide whether to burden Wes with the proper answer or just side-step it. He opened and closed his mouth a few times. “I’m getting better,” he finally whispered, eyes darting.

“Do you want to talk about anything? It’s just… I know that look. It’s okay, Trent. You can trust me, I promise.”

That terrified expression. Wes would never forget it. They both knew at that moment that something was about to change. But it was up to Trent to dictate it.

Or maybe not. Trent’s eyes fluttered shut and his breath began to hitch. “HaYISHHH! HaYISHHUH!” The sneezes snapped him forwards and, on instinct, his hands raised to cover his face – the sleeve on his left arm falling back. Trent quickly realised his mistake and pushed the sleeve back to his wrist, but not before Wes had seen the cuts. Tiny little things. Some white and healing, some still jagged. All in neat little rows.

“Trent…” Well, shit. Not exactly what he was expecting. Though thankfully, this wasn’t his first experience. Wes sat down on the piano stool, watching the boy’s lower lip begin to tremble. “Come here.” He opened his arms and Trent fell into them, slowly beginning to cry.

I haven't watched Glee since season 2 (college has been sucking up all my time), so I actually don't know most of these characters, but I still really enjoy your drabbles! They're very well-written (and adorable), and the things you've changed for your own Glee universe are intriguing. Also, just wanted to add that I read TSAB and enjoyed that as well (don't have an account FFnet, so can't comment there). I look forward to the rest of your updates whenever you can get them in biggrinsmiley.gif

Nawwww. Caring!Wes ^-^ I can't put my finger on it, but there's just something special about him.

It's been a while since I've been on here (Uni is sucking up all of my time too...) so I enjoyed reading over what I'd missed.

Did you watch all of season 2? Because you've met the Warblers, and they didn't actually get a whole lot of screen time. Sebastian, sure, new character and all. And Nick got a solo. But no lines or anything, so I don't think it'll make a whole lot of difference. But if you want to confirm who I use, there's a character list and photos maybe half-way down. http://glee.wikia.com/wiki/Dalton_Academy_Warblers

As for caring!Wes... I think he's quite similar to Blaine, in the sense they're both very selfless. But Blaine's still learning, because he hasn't really been cared for a lot of his life, so he's just sweet. Whereas Wes draws upon his empathy and uses that to tailor his reactions, and then jokes around with them anyway.

Okay. Next drabble. Um... I'm sorry is all I can say...

Title: Remorseful

Characters: Kurt, Blaine (allergy)

One of the first things Kurt had learnt as a Warbler, was how to listen and make yourself blend while still keeping that unique sound that ultimately was Kurt. It took months of meetings, rehearsals, and spontaneous jam sessions with Wevid, Blaine and Niff – but eventually he understood and was granted a duet at Regionals.

One of the second things Kurt had learnt as a Warbler, was never to let Blaine near lavender. Ever.

Okay, so Kurt knew Blaine had allergies. Kurt had seen a couple of sneezing fits in the past, usually when the boy was at the tail end of a cold. They were typically loud and frantic enough to stop rehearsal in its tracks. Every Warbler knew this. But his allergies hadn’t been enough to stop Nick spraying cinnamon air freshener around that one time. Nobody bothered telling him about cinnamon. And Blaine had been sneezing all night from that.

So, naturally, Kurt was curious. And maybe there was something a little more… something about seeing Blaine, who was usually so rigid, lose control and look all vulnerable and sniffling and… yeah. Whatever. Goodbye, baby penguin.

The curiosity was enough to stop him throwing out his L’Occitane Lavande. So one day, when he knew Blaine was coming over and they’d have the house to themselves, he took the liberty of hiding a tiny bit on his neck – so tiny that Kurt himself couldn’t smell it – the only way it could be smelt was if someone’s nose just happened to be directly under his jaw…

It starts, like always, pretty slowly. A hug at the door and a couple of wayward sneezes that leave Blaine surprised and Kurt with a pang deep in his stomach. But they soon settle down, pop in a movie and lie snuggling on the large couch.

Blaine starts sniffling pretty early in, and Kurt turns his head to the side, bringing his mouth to his boyfriend’s ear. “You okay, hon?”

Blaine nods, running a finger under his nose. “Yeah, just allergies, I think. I’ll be alright.” His eyes are slowly going red, too, but a quick blow of his nose and everything settles down.

For about five minutes. That’s when Blaine’s breathing starts becoming erratic. Kurt pushes himself up, keeping a hand on the tightening stomach, and looks up in interest. “What’s wrong, love?”

“I just… need… to sneeze…” Blaine mutters around gasps as he frantically rubs his nose, trying to expel something. “Kurt… do you… can I… please… have a… a… some tissues?” His chest continues to swell as he draws in air for the oncoming explosion – but as soon as Kurt digs a travel pack of Kleenex from his pocket, Blaine’s diaphragm has loosened and the sneeze has disappeared. “Odd…”

“I hate it when that happens!” Kurt pulls a box of tissues to the arm of the couch. “You know, when it just disappears but still really itches…” Blaine sniffs in agreement, and Kurt slides over, straddling him. “And sometimes…” he presses a kiss to Blaine’s lips before slowly moving up the side of his face, “you just really want…” a kiss on Blaine’s temple and Kurt can feel his nostrils flaring, “to sneeze,” he whispers in his ear.

It’s like thunder. Lightning. The effect on Blaine is frightening. Kurt’s never going to be able to listen to Amii Stewart the same way again. It’s almost instant. All it takes is a tiny whiff and Blaine is sent over the edge, sneezing over and over again, 10, 15 maybe in a row before he can even begin to start taking breath – and even then it’s jagged, anticipating the next fit.

Kurt’s rubbing his back, feeling it shudder with each massive expulsion of air, wondering how it’s humanly possible for someone to sneeze that much, that frequently, without seeming to draw anything back in. Instead of the few cute sneezes he was expecting, it’s turned into this.

Eventually, after 2 or 3 minutes of near-constant sternutation (thank you, Word-of-the-Day), Blaine collapses woozily back against the couch, spinning himself so that he can raise his legs above his head on the arm.

And now Kurt is caught. He can’t subtly sneak off to shower without having to admit he poured the flower over himself. But he can’t stay like this because he’s pretty sure if Blaine has another fit he’ll end up hyperventilating or collapsing. So he just sits there with Blaine’s rosy head on his lap, running a hand through the (thankfully ungelled) curls.

But it becomes obvious, fairly quickly, that this isn’t going to work. Blaine is still sneezing every few seconds, and every time he does, Kurt finds himself focusing on the flaring nostrils, the hitching breath, the way his eyes just flutter adorably, how his head snaps up at the crest when it becomes too much for him, how tight his diaphragm gets… How warm Kurt himself feels right at the pit of his stomach…

Finally Blaine seems to catch on and sits up. It’s… not exactly subtle anyway. He sneezes a couple of times, watching his boyfriend squirm uncomfortably. “Babe…” He’s not sure how to phrase this, his voice barely above a whisper. “Are you… ESH! ESH! ESHOO! … Are you… turned… turned on… Eshoo! Eshoo!... turned od by mby… mby sndeezigg? … Eshoo! EshOO! ESH! ESH! ESH!

Kurt blushes, but slowly nods.

“And did you put… put… put…” He gasps and it’s gone. Damn. Just when he could start having fun. “Put sombethigg special ond for bme?” Blaine moves this time, slowly, cautiously. He tries to sniff it out but his nose is too blocked now to smell anything properly.

Kurt doesn’t mean to, but his hand moves seemingly by itself to cover his throat. “Do you want to go shower?”

Blaine’s straddling him now, kissing, biting, sucking, up and down that outstretched neck. And, sure enough, as he gets to Kurt’s jaw the urge becomes too much and he turns aside, sneezing harshly over Kurt’s shoulder, almost amused by the effect it has. “Andd where did we get... eshoo!... get the… the… Eshoo! Esh!... the lavender?”

This is too much. “You… You’re not mad?”

“Oh, I’m very mad.” Blaine’s voice is dark, threatening… seductive. But there’s the hint of laughter – because, honestly, the whole situation is faintly ridiculous. “I think… esh! Eshoo!... I think I’ll have to work out exactly what to do with you after that shower… I'm going to have to make you... Eshoo! Esh! Esh! Eshoo!... make you blush more, it clashes horribly with your eyes...” He stands up with another few sneezes, grinning as Kurt whimpers. “Ndext timbe just… eshoo!... just use bmindt. I haven’t collapsed from a fit from that yet.”

Kurt smiles and nods, bashful.

“Blaine?”

“Ye – ESHOO!... Yes?” He turns, halfway to the bathroom, shirt already on the floor.

“I’m so sorry.”

“Sh-Eshoo! Eshoo! … Sure you are. Just you… eshoo! Eshoo! Esh!... Just you wait until I get a… eshoo!... get a dog! Then you’ll be so-… so… sorry! Eshoo! Eshoo!

Could possibly be written better but I've gotta run to uni now, so... have a drabble :P

Title: Dismiss

Characters: Wes (flu), David, Elizabeth

“Any further business?” Wes surveyed the eyes of the empty room surrounding him. “Good. Meeting dismissed.” He sat back in his chair, rubbing at his eyes. “What? You’re all still here? Go!” He put his face in his hands, listening for the chatter or scraping of chairs to suggest the choir leaving, but again he was disappointed.

“They’re worried about you, Wes,” Elizabeth told him. “Even in your mind, they can’t leave you alone. You are pretty sick.”

“No, I’m not!” But it was like her words triggered something in him, and the tingling in his nose grew unbrearable. “Heh’kishh! Kishh’oo! Heh’kishh’oo!

“See?” Elizabeth’s tone was mocking, condescending. “You probably have a fever too.”

Wes groaned. She was probably right. “No, I… heh’kishh’oo! Heh’kishh’oo!

“Don’t lie to me, Wesley. I know. I always know.”

He gasped. “You’re making me sneeze?”

“Yes. Do not displease me, Wes. It would not end well for you.” Elizabeth now sounded threatening, and Wes dropped underneath the council desk in the hope the magical voice could not find him.

“… Wes?” David’s voice suddenly filled the room. “Are you in here?”

Heh’kishh! … Yes…” He slowly reappeared back from under the desk.

“… Who are you talking to?” The darker boy wrapped an arm around his friend, beginning to guide him back to bed.

“I’m talking to a gavel,” Wes suddenly realised. “I must be… heh’kishh’oo!... sick.”

omg Elizabeth xD

i havent check this in a while! glad to still see them coming!

i love you from the bottom of my heart

Oh, come on. I had to go and get depressed and quit the forum while this was going on?! Worst. Timing. Ever. I've been missing out in so much awesomeness.

These are all soooooo fantastic. My favorites are the Blaine allergy ones with the crazy sneezing fits. I want to comment on each one individually but I really should be sleeping so I won't. Later...

• 4 weeks later...

It's been a while since I've been on and since I decided to come on today I just had to check this out and re-read all of them! I know I've said this before but I absolutely LOVE these stories!!!! hug.gif I am so looking forward to more if you decide or have time to do more! biggrin.png I'm like going fan-girl crazy yay.gif now and it's all your fault! lol. laughing.gif WES!!!!!! heart.gifdrool.gif

Can I tell you these are absolutely amazing! You are a really real great writer, and I LOVE all of these!

I totally love you!! :)

I haven't been on the forum a lot recently (too much work, not enough time!) but I popped back on tonight and I found these! Oh my god, I was so excited! Glee! The Warblers! Klaine! You're amazing. And "Remorseful"! That was so HOT!!! *fans self* So, so, so good. I'm just...not quite coherent.

These are so great, and I am hopeful for more!

Hey guys!!!!

I'm so sorry it's been so long!!!! Uni work has been absolutely crazy - I'm in third year, so I suppose it's to be expected - and I've been helping out with Compassion Alerts on Tumblr or working or arranging for my a cappella choir (yeah, you read that right. I'm in, soloing, and arranging for them!) or dedicating more time to my FFnet stuff because I just have not had the time to write... But I do want to actually finish something, so... I shall present to you drabble number 34 - Heavy. Only 65 left! :P

Thanks also for the kind words. I'm glad you're enjoying reading them... I'm definitely enjoying writing them, when I get the time... :P

Prompt: Heavy

Characters: Nick (cold), Wes

“Hey, Nick. You feeling any better?”

Said brunette gave a tiny smile at his friend as the senior slid into the seat next to him, before pinching his nose and whipping away.

Heh’ngt! Ngt! Ngt’ch!

“I’ll take that as a ‘no’, then?” Wes chuckled slightly, and Nick felt slightly comforted by the warm hand rubbing his back. “Bless you.”

He coughed, groaning as he felt the air whistle through his lungs, and placed his head on the table as his vision suddenly swam.

“… Are you okay?”

Black. Why is it all black?

“Nick?”

Where is he?

“Come on, man, talk to me…”

Fuzzy. Spinning. “Help…”

Wes’ face came back into focus, his usual grin replaced with a frown of concern. “How? Want to go to the nurse? To bed?”

“No.” Another cough. Keep breathing. In and out. “Head’s too heavy. Elephant on my chest.”

“Asthma?” Jeff usually sat through a few attacks before, and after the last one – which had actually required an ambulance – he’d vowed never to leave him alone again. Sometimes you just needed someone there, someone to keep you awake, keep you calm, keep you busy or distracted so you couldn’t concentrate on how much harder those breaths were to suck in. But Jeff was sick too. Jeff wasn’t here now.

But this was Wes. Wes knew what to do. And Nick was starting to get pretty desperate for air now too. So he slowly nodded.

As soon as he made any sort of motion, he felt the cool teal plastic in his hand, Wes’ own hand guiding it to his face. The senior pressed the button and Nick gasped, held his breath… 3… 4… 5… let it out, repeated the action…

Each breath got easier and easier until finally he collapsed dizzily onto Wes’ shoulder. “Thank you.” He was shaky, but his voice was clearer, no longer wheezy or hoarse.

“You had me worried there. You were almost turning blue…” Wes glanced down at the inhaler, spinning it on his palm. “Do you need to keep this…?”

“No. I have one in my room.” He scrunched up his nose, sneezing twice – only twice – as Wes pocketed the salbutamol and put an arm under his shoulders.

“Elephant still on your chest?”

Nick shook his head.

“Then let’s get you to bed.” And, like nothing at all was abnormal, Wes led the shaking boy to his room, muttering reassurances the whole way.

So, I may have had a little too much fun writing this... You've no idea just how badly I want to sing this. Even if it's just me conducting people. OMG.

... So, can we say I had a little musgasm writing? :P

Plus, you know, Wes. Wes is Wes. My darling. He's too adorable. :D

Title: Forward

Characters: Warblers, Wes (cold)

Heh’kishh’oo! Heh… Heh’kishh’oo!

Bless you, mouthed David in one of his rests, as their conductor – yes, conductor – pitched forward again.

Heh’kishh’oo! Heh’kishh! Heh… Heh’kishh-kishh’OO!

nunc obDURat

ET tunc curat

ludO MENTIS aciem

The band played a set of subito forzando notes – suddenly and almost randomly loud and accented notes – and Wes chuckled, not knowing whether the boys actually had a sense of humour or just followed every swing – or sneeze-induced spasm – of his arm a little too perfectly.

It was actually working out quite well… The Warblers had wanted to do Bohemian Rhapsody but felt it would be so much more epic with an orchestral arrangement, and hence Jeff and Trent had rounded up the symphony band to help them. Then, when the band decided they wanted to do O Fortuna, as ‘pay it forward’ dictated, they had to help them in return… and they weren’t exactly about to turn down the opportunity to sing the very definition of epic! It had been going terribly, but by some strange twist of fate they’d ended up with a head council member – and brilliant musician – with a severe lack of voice. And hence Wes found himself almost trembling in his boots as he finally managed to bring them together, and only slightly jealous he wasn't standing in formation singing along…

Heh’kishh’oo! Heh’kishh’oo! Heh’kishh! Heh’kish’oo! Heh… heh… heh’kish’oo! Kishh! Heh’kishh’oo!” Wes coughed, trying to clear his swollen vocal folds so that the Warblers could actually hear him. “Diction, guys. I can’t understand you.”

His voice was barely a whisper, but apparently lip-reading was a required skill for the Warblers – or maybe his criticism was just too predictable. Either way, the effect was pretty obvious.

Sors salutis

et virtutis,

michi nunc OH BLESS YOU WES!

est affectus…

Bursting into silent laughter, Wes hurriedly cut them off. A short coughing fit later and he rightened himself, standing back up to full height. “Who do I… heh’kishh’oo! Heh’kishh!... Who do I blame for that?”

Nick shyly raised a hand from the back.

“Thanks, Nick.” He shook his head, massaging his throat. “I don’t think Mr Orff would… heh’kishh’oo!... would appreciate you changing his lyrics. Too forward for his thinking. But the thought is… heh’kishh’oo! Heh’kishh’oo!... is appreciated all the same.” He blinked, turning aside to wipe his nose and take a sip of ice water (a trick he couldn’t believe he’d actually learnt from Rachel Berry, of all people) before begrudgingly giving more instructions, amazed that the whole room could actually here him. “Warblers, you’re still ahead of the beat – you need to sit back more. Trent, the timpani is lagging slightly – don’t sing then if that’s putting you off. Make sure you all spit your consonants at me, and please, guys, the correct words this time! Heh’kishh’oo!

“Bless you.” An entire orchestra just blessed him in perfect sync.

“Get your timing like that and we’ll be fine.” He grinned. “Thanks. Now, from the top! 1-2-3-1!”

O Fortuna!

DogLover - Glad I could make someone giggle :-)

Immie Pattie - Thank you! I love Blaine too. He's adorable... and I need to find better words. Adorable has almost become the new awesome. Le sigh.

And, here we go. Just a little bit of fun here. Not exactly the most original idea in the world, but what the hell. And yes, I was a little... okay, ridiculously... liberal with the prompt...

Prompt: Prowl

Characters: Wes, David, Kurt, Blaine

“This is just SICKENING!” David sat down with a huff, throwing a nasty glance at Kurt and Blaine at the table opposite them. The pair were sitting alone, knees touching, Kurt showing his friend something on his phone – no doubt something ridiculously adorable, if Blaine’s face was anything to go by. “Sure, it started out cute. Now it’s just painful and if that sexual tension is not resolved – and SOON – I swear I’m going to start vomiting rainbows.”

Wes snorted. “As colourful as your hyperbole might be…” He sighed. “I actually agree with you. Something needs to be done about this. But, what?”

David smiled wickedly, leaning inwards. “I’ve got a plan…”

__________________________________________________________________________________

“So, remind me again what we’re doing under the table?”

David sighed. “Blaine’s going to come bursting in any moment with Kurt, looking to practise the song we planted. Because they’re both so freaking oblivious, it’s probably going to fail. In which case, when they quieten down, we’ll press play.”

“And…” Wes frowned. “How exactly do we get out of here?”

But either the consequences of getting caught hadn’t crossed David’s mind, or he just didn’t care, because he simply raised a finger to his lips. Shhhh.

Sure enough, at that moment, Blaine came bursting into the choir room, dragging Kurt by the hand. Awww. Wes bit back a retch.

“Thanks again for helping me rehearse, Kurt. It means a lot.”

“Anything to help out the master vocalist, lead soloist for the Warblers… Let’s hear it!”

Oblivious was an understatement.

Blaine sat at the piano, gave Kurt his starting note and gently pressed the supporting chords underneath them.

There were bells on a hill

But I never heard them ringing.

No, I never heard them at all

‘Til there was you…

Wes forgot how to breathe momentarily. Kurt was… incredible. Of course, he knew the boy could sing. A true countertenor, a Broadway baby, the Warblers were still counting their lucky stars that they had him. But… they hadn’t heard this. The soft honesty in his lyrics, the husk melting into the perfect pitch… He held out an arm, watching his skin break into goosebumps…

But then Kurt took a step towards the desk, and all thoughts – or lack thereof – of the beauty and power of his voice were quickly replaced with the terror at being found… Kurt had only been at the school for three weeks, and already he was famous for both the volume and pitch of his yelling, and his force of his wrath itself. No one wanted to cross him. Ever. Even armed with bucketloads of Starbucks and Patty LuPone within arms’ reach. Sure, the fury might be lessened then, but you still walked away with singed eyebrows.

To make matters worse, David’s breath slowly started becoming less regular, concentration falling off his face… If he wasn’t careful, he’d start gasping, potentially being heard and leading to them being found…

Then there was music, and there were wonderful roses,

They tell me, in sweet fragrant meadows

Of dawn and dew…

Blaine’s voice kicked in and the piano died down as they slowly moved to singing a cappella, their voices not quite blending but complementing the other – yet it wasn’t jarring. Just different.

hhh… heh… hhh… hhh…” David whimpered softly, one hand floating around his mouth as his eyes fluttered. Danger, Will Robinson! Abort! Abort! Abort!

Wes caught his eye briefly. You okay, he mouthed, frowning. But David shook his head, breath continuing to hitch.

There was love all around,

But I never heard it singing.

No, I never heard it at all,

Heard it at all,

Till there was you…

heh… heh… ha… HA…” Crap. He was going to sneeze. And soon… Wes, ever quick on his feet, chucked a finger under David’s twitching nose… and for a moment it seemed to calm down. But only for a moment.

Till there was you…

“HASHOO! HASHOO! HASHOO!

With the three explosive sneezes – like that wasn’t dramatic enough already for them – David somehow managed to hit the play button. Wes scrambled to his feet, preparing to make a run for it, as the smooth, sultry electric guitar poured out from speakers hidden everywhere, flooding the room.

I’ve been really tryin’, baby,

Tryin’ to hold back this feeling for so long,

And if you feel like I feel, baby…

“WESLEY JAMES MONTGOMERY, YOU GET YOUR SORRY LITTLE ASIAN ASS BACK HERE RIGHT THIS SECOND!”

“YOU’RE ON YOUR OWN, DAVID!” Wes slowed, shouting the words over his shoulder to his best friend – but didn’t stop. Too dangerous. He’d go apologise later.

“THAT’S RIGHT, WESLEY, YOU PROWL AWAY.”

Kurt spun abruptly to his left, burning a hole into David’s pupils with his laser eyes. “Bless you.”

Let’s love, baby.

Let’s get in on, sugar.

Let’s get it -

David jumped to his feet, finally hitting the pause button. Blaine was bent over the back of the couch, tears of laughter streaming down his face. Kurt, on the other hand, had brought himself to his full height – he was shorter than David, but the boy still cowered in fear – arms crossed and face set like Parisian marble.

“What was that?”

His words were cold, emotionless, and they stung like a sharp slap across the face.

No. Wait. David had been slapped across the face.

“I sneezed…?”

He was prepared this time though, and caught Kurt’s arm before it could connect with his body.

“What the hell was with the music? And why were you in here?”

David ran and hid behind Blaine – the only thing that had any chance of being a potential shield from Kurt – before explaining. “You two are so ridiculously oblivious. We knew prompting you both to sing a love song to each other wouldn’t show the other person’s feelings… so we waited here for you to rehearse. We hoped maybe some music would help things along…”

Kurt was biting his lip now. “So, you thought playing some Marvin Gaye would… how should I put this… get us in the mood? Make us realise our undying love for each other?”

“No!” David shook his head. “But maybe if you, you know, actually did something, you’d realise what’s been staring us all in the face the last month…”

Kurt grinned, then dialled the unemotion written on there to 11. “I’m giving you til the count of 3 to be out of my sight, and then I’m setting the banshees loose on you.”

David didn’t need to be told twice, and sprinted from the room, not daring to look back as the door closed with a sharp snap.

“So.” Kurt inched closer to Blaine, spinning him around and pressing himself up against his chest, whispering in his ear. “I think mission accomplished.”

“The secret of Klaine is safe for another day.” Blaine leant his head back, cupping Kurt’s chin and placing a soft kiss on his lips.

queenie: Glad you're enjoying them! I'm certainly enjoying writing them... perhaps a little too much... evil sadist that I am...

Faberrysneezes!: Thank you! I have... sometimes a very strange headcanon, shall we say... but my boys are fun to write for ;-)

So... I may have been going a little nuts on Wes lately... Maybe because I updated my Trent!Angst? Which does heavily feature caring!Wes... Who knows? It's over on my FFnet if anyone's interested. And I'm starting The Warbler Files... hopefully tonight, because I has crazy ideas that wants to bes on papers. STOP PUTTING S'S IN, WOMAN. THEY ARE NOT NECESSARY.

... Yes. So, I have one more Wes for you. Sigh. It'd be so easy to just write 100 dedicated purely to him... What do you guys want to see though? Any requests at all? Or characters? I'm happy to slip anyone in there for you... I actually wrote a Sues (yes. Sue/Wes) story the other day...

STOP RAMBLING WOMAN.

... Yeah. Okay. Here is, for your pleasure (or torture... let me know), drabble number 37... and the reason why you NEVER piss off the Warblers while trapped in a room with them.

Prompt: Cut

Characters: Wes (allergies), Warblers

“You might have seen a housefly, maybe even a superfly, but I bet you ain’t never seen a DONKEY FLY! Ha ha ha!”

“Oh, God. We’re in for a long night…” David glared as Wes began quoting. The boys – David, Wes, Blaine, Thad, Nick, Jeff and, for some strange reason, Trent – were all squeezed in to Thad’s room, bowls of popcorn littering the floor as Shrek played on Thad’s 42 inch screen.

“They was trippin’ over themselves like babes in the woods. That really made me feel good to see that.”

“He always does this,” Trent groaned, chucking a pillow at the senior’s head. Wes just grinned, catching it, but at least he had the decency to mime rather than actually speak with the video now.

Thad smirked. “I came prepared though…” He stood up, rummaging through his drawer until finally he pulled out a bottle of air freshener.

“NO.” Wes’ eyes went wide as he glared at the bottle. “Is that…?”

“Yep. Pine.” Thad chuckled. “The others won’t react to this… and I figured a little negative reinforcement wouldn’t hurt.”

“I hate you.” Wes grumbled. But he fell silent quickly, just watching the film.

It didn’t last long though. Soon enough came, “I like that boulder. That is a nice boulder.”

Squirt.

Heh… heh… heh’kishh’oo! Heh’kishh’oo! Heh’kishh! Heh… Heh’kishh’OO!

“Bless you. Now shut up and watch the movie.”

And so they got another five minutes or so of silence. But apparently, Wes hadn’t learned his lesson yet because:

“We can stay up late, swappin’ manly stories, and in the mornin’? I’m makin’ WAFFLES!”

The room groaned, and out again came the air freshener. Squirt.

The after-effects from the last spray were still hanging around Wes’ nose though – and the extra spurt of scent just sent it into overdrive. He glanced into the light, nostrils flaring desperately, sinuses absolutely burning. And then, chest swelling to the point of bursting…

Heh’kishh-kishh-kishh’oo! Heh’kishh’oo! Heh’kishh’oo! Heh’kissh! Heh’kishhh! Heh… Heh… HEH’KISHH’OO!

“Bless –“

Heh… heh… heh… Heh’kishh’oo! Heh’kishh’oo! Heh’kishh! Heh’KISHH’oo!

Wes lay, head between his knees on the floor, gasping for a couple of minutes before Blaine tried blessing him again. Jeff passed him a box of tissues while Nick just nudged him with his foot. “You done quoting yet, Sneezy?”

The senior nodded, massaging his temples as he sat up, sniffling miserably, and collapsed onto David’s shoulder.

The movie continued on in relative silence, bar the odd allergic sneeze from Wes. But apparently he had the memory of a goldfish, because, 20 minutes later:

“You cut me deep, Shrek. You cut me real – heh’kishh’oo!

Archived