Sneeze Fetish Forum

Bits and Pieces (Rivers' short fanfics, updated 09/06/18)

RiversD

Woop, you guys are still around! I love you all. And thanks for the headcanon love.

Title: Bedrest

Character: Tony Stark

Fandom: MCU/Avengers

Tags: Illness, little bit of mess I guess.

Authors Notes: I need to get back into writing Avengers, so here's a 2am drabble (Best kind? Best kind).

“Pepper?”

“Mhmm?”

“wha’ time izzit?”

Pepper sighed and rolled over to check her phone. She knew she probably shouldn’t be setting herself up to catch whatever Tony had acquired this time, but, well… he could get clingy when he was sick. All the while denying that he felt any actual need for her company, of course. Child. Besides, of the two of them, there was no doubt that she had the stronger immune system these days.

“’Bout twenty past three. You alright?”

“Yeah, I just- I think it might be safe to take some more pills now.”

Tony’s voice had already paid the price of his cold and now, heavy with sleep, it sounded as though he was trying to talk to her through his mattress. Pepper pushed herself upright with a sigh.

“Sure, I’ll grab them. Your head still bothering you?”

“I’m awahh… I’m awake, aren’t I?”

Tony crushed his nose peevishly against the back of his hand. It looked to Pepper as though he was sitting up only because lying flat had become too uncomfortable to bear. She made a mental note to get some extra pillows in here.

“You’re up at three all the time, boss.”

“Not when I don’t want to be.” Tony grumbled. Pepper just laughed and tousled his hair with her fingertips.

“Liar.”

He wrenched his body away from her, but somehow she didn’t think he was objecting to the touch.

hh’iESCHHoo! Hh…huhh… H'ISSCHeue! EshtSCHh!

“Bless you.”

“Mn.”

She guided some tissues into his questing hand and winced as he gurgled gratefully into them.

“Sucks to be you, huh?”

“Nah, I’b alwayds awesub. You know th- hh! ESSCHeue!”

That one caught him by surprise and he doubled over, head bobbing just clear of his knees. He followed up with a broken, breathless groan that tugged at Pepper’s heartstrings without bothering to consult her brain. She reached down and rubbed his back in what she hoped was a comforting way.

“I’ll go find those pills.”

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There really is an echo! But Tony's so fun to play with.

A silliness:

Title: Advice

Character: Clint Barton

Fandom: MCU/Avengers

Tags: Allergy

Authors Notes: If I'm honest, I've never really been able to get my head round Clint. Still, practice makes the heart grow fonder, right?

“C’mon, Clint. You like her, you’re reasonably sure she feels the same- that’s the hard part done!”

“You can talk.”

Tony paused.

“True, true. There have been a few roadblocks on my path to romantic bliss. But this is because I am inherently self-destructive, not because the methods themselves are flawed”

“Comforting. I’d still appreciate it if this was more of a shopping trip and less of a lecture.”

“Fine then. Now, candles. A vital part of your romantic dinner-date, candles. And so we come here.”

Tony gestured expansively at the bewildering array of candles in all shapes and shades that lay before them. “These guys are reliable. Lots of choice, but no tat. So.” He began fluttering back and forth along the display, inspecting the possibilities.

“How about this?” He plucked a spherical purple candle from somewhere at the back. “Shows you put thought into it, but not too ostentatious, easy on the eyes…” he sniffed. “scented too. Does she like that kind of stuff?”

Clint peered uncertainly at the proffered sphere, but quickly pulled back, his face scrunching up around an invasive tickle in his nose.

“hh…zzschhh!”

“Bless you?”

Clint shook his head, not finished.

“huh… izssch! Eschuh!”

“So… no scent.”

Tony carefully replaced the little orb on the shelf.

“Plain whites, maybe?” He mused, surveying their options once again. “You can’t really go wrong with a slim-”

hh’nscchxt!”

“Tell you what, why don’t we go pick you out a tie?”

Have I told you how much I like this drabble thread? Well I continue to love it! I came back two days in a row just to check it :)

Love the George bit. Yes, that absolutely happened, I'm sue of it. And I've adopted the George stifles, Fred doesn't into my head cannon :) I'd love, love, love to see more sneezy, allergic Harry if you've got the time and inspiration! :)))

CLINT MY BOO excuse me while I incorporate his candle allergy into my own personal headcanon

"Tell you what, why don’t we go pick you out a tie?”

:rofl: I love that he and Tony are palling around.

CLINT MY BOO excuse me while I incorporate his candle allergy into my own personal headcanon

Aw, thanks, guys blushsmiley.gif I'm glad I don't totally fail at ClintFic.

@Fang815 Have I mentioned that you sticking with this thread makes me happy? Thanks!

@DevilBird Thanks, I'm experimenting with the z.

@the Kneezle Thanks! I'm so happy to be giving other people fun headcanons to run with. If I ever get round to it, I'll continue that. Will see what I can do with Harry- I have a scenario, but the words are currently being disobedient. I'll get back to ya.

@anonymouse ^what I said about headcanon fun^

@SneezeyLove Likewise not by instinct a Clint girl, though I think he's growing on me. For some reason I find it hard to write Loki, which annoys me, because the hawwt.

Speaking of which....

Title: Asteroid

Character: Loki

Fandom: MCU/Thor

Tags: Dust

Authors Notes: speedwriting exercise. Set post-Thor, pre-Avengers.

He had heard astronomers speak of the silence of the interstellar gulf. He had expected it to be cold. He had known it would be dark. No-one had mentioned the dust.

The fragile shell of atmosphere that clung to the asteroid was thin and uncertain, but Loki drew it up nevertheless, and wrapped it about himself like a cloak. In this darkness any air, any warmth, any spark of hopeful light, might be enough to get him as far as the next one.

His head ached.

Disturbed by his movement, pale dust curled fretfully about Loki’s boots and sent diffuse coils into his little sheath of air. Out here, everything was dusty, the very firmament slowly ground down by the emptiness, and the heavy silence.

His nose itched. It had done for some time, but what had been a constant but minor discomfort now chose to peak with a speed and intensity that surprised him.

hh-nngxt!”

He stifled it out of habit, then, remembering where he was, allowed himself to clear the irritation freely.

“ah… ahh-itschew! hh’nschew!

He straightened himself with a genteel sniffle, and gazed out into the void. Was that a world, out on the edge of perception, or just another cloud of fragments, reflecting the second-hand light of a distant star? There was only one way to find out. Cold, tired, alone, but not yet defeated, Loki walked on.

Great job! I think the stifles are right on point because Loki is a proper one, not to lose control. All of your other drabbles are amazing too. :)

I'll definitely be reading more from you. yes.gif

Ohh, I love this so much! Okay, sorry to gush, but seriously, for how short it was, it packed a punch! Adorable Loki allergies combined with post-Thor depressiveness... Aw, it was gorgeous and it makes me want to hug the poor lil' guy. "C'mere hon. Don't go over by those mean Chitauri, they don't know anything..." Okay, done now. :)

Loki~ Loki~ Loki~ *sings* :D

Thisssss. :drool: I squee'd when I saw Loki and my parents were both right there in front of me and I don't even care because LOKI :wubsmiley:

• 1 month later...

So... I haven't been around in a while. (If it helps, I've been neglecting just about everything, it's not just you guys)

@Sophie83540 Thanks so much! Means a lot. Yeah, I find it hard to envision Loki as not stifling when he's around other people, and I imagine over time it becomes pretty much automatic with him.

@SneezeyLove Awww, thanks. blushsmiley.gif Let's you and me go take a blanket and make a Loki-burrito out of the little guy before he gets himself into any more trouble, eh? Screw the Chitauri.

@Fang815 serenade.gif I live to please. Also, your new icon makes me smile.

@Deathly Sparkle He's just so pretty...

Didn't want to abandon you any longer, so here's a quickie while I try and finish the little bits and pieces I started a month+ ago.

Title: Resisting a rest.

Character: Tony

Fandom: MCU/Iron Man

Tags: Illness

Authors Notes: Quick and scrappy, worming my way back into the groove.

“You should be resting.”

Tony looked up guiltily when Pepper entered the lab, but quickly made an effort to seem unaffected. She looked more concerned than annoyed, but he wasn’t convinced that that was the better option.

“Couldn’t sleep.”

Pepper folded her arms. Tony winced.

“Well, that’s a lie. Care to add another?”

Tony wasn’t even looking at her now.

“Fine. But it’s not resting. I keep waking myself up. Coughing and such.”

“Which naturally, indicates that you’re in perfect condition to be operating complex machinery.”

“Shut up, I’m fi- i- hh’IZzssch!

Tony twisted his face away from his work, burying the sneeze in his upper arm. He sniffed, then stiffened as Pepper laid a hand on his shoulder.

“Yeah, right. Totally convinced. Come on, boss. Tools down.”

Tony obeyed. He might have continued to argue against the need to actually go to bed, but obstinacy was swallowed up for a moment by pathetic gratitude when Pepper produced a pack of tissues and passed one over. Thus distracted, he allowed himself to be led away without really thinking about it.

“How do you always have what I need in your pockets?”

“Girl Scout’s secret, boss. You want me to come cuddle with you for a bit?”

“Always.”

@Fang815 Posted Image I live to please. Also, your new icon makes me smile.

I guess we both live to please then ^_^

This was cute! cute! cute! I love me some Tony ;)

@fang815 Thanks, girl! Always good to see you (well, figuratively. You know what I mean)

Behold, the effect of actually posting something! Also, new fandom (for this thread, that is).

Title: Paperwork

Character: James Bond

Fandom: Bond/Skyfall

Tags: Illness

Authors Notes: Q got this job because he was the first person in the chain of responsibility who wasn't cruel enough to pass the buck down. Ah well.

When Bond turned up to their meeting wearing a loose grey hoodie and trainers, Q was somewhat taken aback. He’d never really taken the time to consider the fact that double o’s might actually possess civvies. To his mind they were just a set of floating dress shirts with a damages bill that could mortgage mars.

“You sure I’m required to be here?”

If there was a hoarse edge to the man’s voice, Q dismissed it as Bond’s usual irritation with procedure.

“Afraid so. It’s dull, but regulations say you have to be informed of changes to the paperwork. Makes it your fault when you screw up the forms rather than ours.”

Bond rolled his eyes and threw himself into a chair.

“Get it over with, then. I’m not getting any younger.”

“Right.” Q took his own seat and placed a small stack of forms in front of him. He glanced at his notes.

“Shall we start with the updated gun regulations? I imagine you’ll be using those fairly regularly.”

Bond shrugged, but made no objection. Anticipating a long meeting ahead, Q reached for the relevant forms and started explaining the changes. He’d got about halfway through the new transit rules for live ammunition, when he was distracted.

Bond was staring into the middle distance, his eyes oddly unfocussed. His left hand drifted to the collar of his hoodie as he took a couple of shallow, querying breaths. Then his nose seemed to make up its mind, and he gasped in a much more meaningful quantity of air, drew his collar up to cover his mouth and nose, and sneezed.

hh’schffsch! Etsschuh!”

“Bless you.”

“Mm.” Bond waved at him to continue. He did so, soon progressing from ammunition to handguns.

“Well, the new requisition forms haven’t changed, much. It’s more or less a replacement of the old initialling system with three witnessed signatures. Honestly, as long as you bring them in yourself-”

Q paused as a sharp intake of breath warned him that Bond’s attention was momentarily elsewhere. He glanced up in time to see the other man disappear into the neck of his hoodie again.

hh-gnscchew! Eh-hisschuffch!”

“Again. Bless.”

Acknowledging the sneezing seemed to annoy Bond, so when it happened again a few minutes later, Q ignored him.

“I’m afraid they’ve updated the security rules for Q-branch specials, 007. Quite frankly, I think they’re over-paranoid and completely impractical, but-”

Bond snorted.

“Like they weren’t before.”

“Quite. Nevertheless, I have to at least tell you what they are, so you can pretend that you intend to use the tech responsibly.”

That actually got a smile- the first of the meeting, Q reflected wearily. Hells, this stuff was dull.

“So what happens if I-”

This sneeze seemed to come on much more quickly than the last few. Bond grimaced and twisted hurriedly into his elbow with a powerful “Isschhhuh!”

He held his position for a few moments, breath quavering in expectation, but the second sneeze failed to materialise. He relaxed a little.

Q sighed, and set down the paperwork.

“You’re sick?”

Bond sniffled. “What was your first clue?”

“Wasn’t sure double o’s were allowed. Isn’t it against regulations or something?”

“I’m off duty.”

Q sighed and shuffled his papers together. “Better go home before you infect the whole building, then. This can wait.”

“Til the last trump, if I had my way.”

Bond paused at the door and addressed the back of Q’s head.

“Thanks.”

“Oh, do go away, 007.”

"Resisting a rest" :rofl: Very clever! I love when the sneeze interrupts his denial and when he asks Pepper how she always manages to have what he.needs in her pockets.

Archived