Sneeze Fetish Forum

Chanel Does Drabbles (various Fandoms And Original) Updated January 31

Chanel_no5

Yeah, I have so many ideas but so little time and energy I can’t really work them into longer stories. And I still haven’t gotten myself a nice little drabble thread, so I suppose it’s about time. I may even give a shot at some male stuff ahead. Maybe. :P

Fandoms I can promise without a doubt it will contain, are Criminal Minds and Downton Abbey. May be original stuff in here too. Who knows, let's get a little wild and crazy. :P

Prompts: photic + coffee
Fandom: Criminal Minds

Spencer Reid made connections faster than anyone else on the team, and that saved Alex Blake from some embarrassment and possible blisters.

He saw her enter the room with a coffee mug in her hand. Hot coffee; he saw a trail of steam rise from the surface. He saw the rays of sun shining through the window, getting into her eyes. He saw her stop mid-step. He saw her eyelids flutter and her breathing begin to hitch.

Yeah. She was definitely one of those people with a photic sneeze reflex. It never failed. She usually put her sunglasses on before stepping outside in bright sunshine, but if she forgot, she would sneeze. She had sneezed when he had accidentally shone his flashlight in her face. And again when he did it on purpose just to prove his theory.

He saw how desperately she tried not to sneeze, to keep herself from spilling that hot coffee, but it was inevitable.

He got up from his seat, brushed past an oblivious Derek Morgan with a very un-Reid-ish elegance, and took the steaming coffee mug from her just a second before the sneeze was a fact. She doubled over with a desperate - and failed - attempt to stifle;

“Heh-ignTSCHghh!!”

Reid put the mug down on the table and turned to her.

“Bless you.”

“Thank you. Wow, that could have been painful.”

“Messy, too. Did you know that the photic sneeze reflex affects somewhere between 18 and 35 % of the population, but its exact reason isn’t completely known yet.”

“Really? By the way, the word photic originates from the Greek word for light, which…”

Rossi tuned out their exchange, chuckled and turned to Hotch.

“Quite the pair, those two.”

One of Hotch’s rare smiles made a quick appearance.

“Yeah, they sure are.”

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Prompts: tea + cough

“You look like hell,” David Rossi remarked as Emily Prentiss entered the conference room, unusually late, with a cup of tea in her hand. Instead of answering, she simply pursed her lips and rolled her eyes, before she took a seat and drank from the cup. She winced as she swallowed.

“Good thing you could join us today, Prentiss,” Hotch said in a sarcastic tone. Rossi noted that she still said nothing, just shrugged and made a vague gesture with one hand. A hand that only seconds after wandered up to her face and pinched her nose. Her head bobbed slightly forward with a quiet and harshly stifled sneeze.

“Bless you,” JJ said. Prentiss nodded.

“So, Prentiss, do you have anything on the husband?” Hotch asked as he turned his piercing gaze to her. She swallowed, opened her mouth, and proved beyond a doubt what was wrong. Her voice was ragged, hoarse; almost non-existent, in fact. She interrupted herself by coughing several times, and each time she looked even more mortified. The team looked simultaneously worried and amused.

“It’s not the bubonic plague, I promise,” she rasped in an attempt to joke, before the need to sneeze overtook her again. This time it was a fullblown fit that ended with a chesty cough attack. Morgan and Reid, who sat closest to her, recoiled.

“Alright, this isn‘t working,” Hotch said. ”You need to go home and stay in bed for a couple of days.”

“It’s just a cold,” she objected.

“One you’re going to spread to the rest of us, rendering the whole team unfit for field work. Go home. That’s an order.”

Emily got up from her chair and collected her things. Secretly, she was rather pleased. It would be nice with a couple of days on the couch, watching stupid TV shows, drinking tea and cuddling Sergio.

Wonderful! (As always). Prentiss is also another quite hard character to get down pat, but I think you managed that flawlessly. :)

Awesome wink.png

Thank you! smile.png

Wonderful! (As always). Prentiss is also another quite hard character to get down pat, but I think you managed that flawlessly. smile.png

Aww, thank you! smile.png Yeah, she can be a bit difficult sometimes, but I think she's much easier than Blake. heh.gif Thanks! biggrin.png

Alright, I'm trying my hand on something a little different... straight pairing, omg! heh.gif

Prompt: morning + embrace

Fandom: Downton Abbey

The Lady of the house awoke to a dreadful, burning itch in her nose, her eyes, even her throat. A watery, congested sniffle escaped her, and that was all it took - the urge to sneeze was completely overpowering her still half asleep body.

“HuuhgnnXTh!”

As usual, it did nothing to ease the tingle. Cora had never suffered from hayfever before moving to England, but now it seemed it got worse with each passing year. She pinched her nose shut and sneezed again, a quick yet painful fit of five in a row. Her entire body rocked forward with each fiercely bottled stifle.

“Cora,” Robert muttered. “Are you not feeling well?”

He placed a hand on her shoulder, and she was silently grateful that she had her back to him, so he wouldn’t see her in this condition. She must look like a dripping, bloodshot, red nosed mess. She hid her face in her hands.

“It’s only hayfever,” she sniffled.

“Oh, my darling.” It was spoken with a sigh. “My poor darling.”

Instead of getting out of bed and getting ready for the day, he snuggled closer and pulled his sniffling, sneezing wife into his arms, turning her so that she faced him. Her eyes were rimmed with red and filled with tears, and her poor irritated nose twitched with the ever-present need to sneeze.

“No, Robert d-don‘t…” she protested, and sneezed into her hands again, unable to keep stifling. “I’m so… huuh… disgusting… huh-eSSChoo! Heh-tSSHHOO! EeeSSHH! Heh-ERSSCHEW!”

“Not at all my dear, only miserable.”

“I‘m warning you; I might spray you if you insist on staying this close,” she chuckled, partly amused and partly embarrassed. And - truth be told - very touched by how concerned he sounded. Robert rolled his eyes and placed a kiss on the tip of her pink nose.

“Oh, I think I will survive being sneezed on by my own wife.”

Less than ten seconds later, he proved it.

That. Last. Line.

Awesome, once again!

Hahaha, thank you! ^_^ Well, he only had himself to blame. :P

Wow, Chanel wrote a male drabble! There is no end to the craziness! :omg::lol:

Prompts: asleep + teasing

Fandom: Maleficent

Diaval was asleep. Maleficent was bored. Many playful fights in the Moors had begun this way, and the one for today was no different.

Maleficent picked a straw of grass, twirled it between her fingers and then looked to her sleeping companion. A mischievous smirk crept across her face and she moved a little closer. Diaval didn’t notice. He was deep asleep. Maleficent’s smirk widened.

She tickled the tip of his nose with the straw. Diaval scrunched up his face and sniffed, but did not wake up. Maleficent then ran the straw up and down the bridge of his nose, slowly, teasingly. His nostrils twitched. Maleficent pulled back for a moment and waited, but as nothing happened, she tickled him again, this time running the straw back and forth under his nose.

“Hahh…”

Maleficent grinned manically. And here’s the final touch, she thought and ran the straw just around his twitching nostrils.

“Hehhh…”

Diaval woke up only a split second before the sneeze took hold of him.

“HaaKSSCCHUU!!”

Maleficent giggled like a little girl. He glared at her, knowing perfectly well this was her doing, in one way or the other. He didn’t have to speak, his glare said everything. Maleficent’s giggle faded and she pouted instead.

“Oh come on, that was funny.”

Diaval held out his hand. After a few moments Maleficent rolled her eyes and handed over the straw of grass.

“You are very boring, do you know that?” she said.

“I may be funnier if I ever get to sleep.”

“Alright, fine!”

Diaval shook his head. This time he was going to stay awake until she was fast asleep.

And then he would use her own weapon against her…

JAG ÄR DÖD. :o:boom::stretcher:

Jag är så död, jag är inte ens talar engelska nu. Nej, nej jag är definitivt död.

(Translation basically I'm dead. Because DIAVAL. :drool: My handsome bird babyyyyyyy)

JAG ÄR DÖD. 7.gifblowup.gifstretcher.gif

Jag är så död, jag är inte ens talar engelska nu. Nej, nej jag är definitivt död.

(Translation basically I'm dead. Because DIAVAL. drool.gif My handsome bird babyyyyyyy)

Hahahaha, you're weird in all the good ways!! I love you. tonguesmiley.gif

Ah, well, let's make another male drabble. And I still love Blake, so... rolleyes.gif

Prompt: contagion + denial

HepTSCHuh!”

The sudden sneeze caught Spencer Reid completely off guard and he had no time to cover, only turn his head to the side and aim the sneeze towards the window.

“Sorry,” Blake said next to him, without looking up from the file she was reading.

“What‘s that?”

“Sorry I gave you my cold.”

“I don’t have a cold.”

“Mmm, that’s what I said.”

She still didn’t look up. Reid glanced at her, his gaze lingering at her chapped nostrils. Yes, it was true, she had been dragging around a pretty nasty head cold, but she was almost over it and nobody else on the team had caught it.

His nose tickled again, and he got his arm up in time to catch the sneeze into his sleeve.

“Hu-pTSCHuu! Huh-tSSCHH!”

“Ah, see.” She handed him a pack of Kleenex. “I might as well pass this on too.”

“Tha-haKTSCCHO! Thanks.”

Little poor baby Reid... Though it's always fun when contagion is involved... *innocently bats eyelashes*

Oh Chanel, what are you doing to me? :lol: These are marvelous! I always know I'm going to adore your CM stories, but I was totally surprised by how much I loved the Downton Abbey one. So sweet!

Little poor baby Reid... Though it's always fun when contagion is involved... *innocently bats eyelashes*

Hahaha, I don't think 'll ever really get you cold-fans, but there is something insanely sweet about Reid, I can agree with that. :P

Do one with this guy http://supermariogli...erMarioGlitchy4 with Mario teasing him while he's asleep.

(yes I'm sure smg4's SM64 bloopers count as a fandom)

Sorry, I can't write stuff I'm not familiar with. :(

Oh Chanel, what are you doing to me? heh.gif These are marvelous! I always know I'm going to adore your CM stories, but I was totally surprised by how much I loved the Downton Abbey one. So sweet!

Awwww, you are the sweetest! :wub: I usually don't get anything out of straight pairings, but those two are just so cute I can't un-pair them! :lol:

I… couldn’t help myself, okay? :rolleyes::bag: I swear I’ll move on from Blakey Lovelylocks soon. But at the moment everything about her just hits my soft spot and I keep coming back to drooling over her whenever I take a pause from anything else I‘m working on, so we just have to live with it. :lol:

Prompts: allergic + loud

Rossi glanced at his red-nosed, sniffly colleague, recalled the reports of the increasing pollen counts, and came to a conclusion.

“You have been sneezing,” he remarked.

“Guilty as charged,” Blake said and rubbed her nose.

“Allergicly?”

“That’s not even a word.”

“Oh, so that rubbed the linguist the wrong way, now did it?” he said, raising an eyebrow. “You do know even Shakespeare invented words, right?”

“EekTSCHghh!”

“Bless you. Isn‘t it about time you see a doctor about those allergies?”

“Claritin works just fine. Hehhh… eh-gnXTH! Eh-gnXtt-kTSSCHHah!”

“Yeah… it certainly does, I see it clearly.”

She sniffled, a wet, congested sound, and pinched her nose. “Gngxghh! Oh my God… huh-nnnXTHH!

“Do me a favour, at least stop stifling. You’re going to burst your eardrums or something.”

“Actually, I’m saving yours.”

“My ex-wife had the loudest sneezes I have ever heard in my entire life. There is no way you can top that, so just go ahead and let them out,” he said, handing her a handkerchief.

While poor Blake may have wanted to keep trying to hold back the sneezes, she was once more completely at the mercy of the allergy attack. The itch was too strong to be quelled in any way. She put the handkerchief over her mouth and nose and began to sneeze heavily.

“HahkTSCHOO! HaaaEESSCCHH! HeIISSCCHHO! HeREESSCHHO! Ha-ESSCCHYYahh!”

She doubled over, each sneeze even more violent than the previous, and her sinuses were burning. There was no way she could have sneezed quieter if her life had depended on it. Rossi schooled his features into complete indifference, but inwardly, he was cringing.

Wow. She actually does top it.

Awe okay :(

Can you do a Super Mario one where the fire flowers start making Mario sneeze and almost burn down the Mushroom Kingdom (bricked before anything else is said)

• 2 weeks later...

I adore my Criminal Minds girls, I'm pathetic, and I should be asleep at the moment. Hence drabble writing. heh.gif

Prompt: cat + closet

Morgan and JJ had been assigned to search through the missing couple’s house, looking for anything that could point them in the right direction. JJ was fine on the first floor, but as soon as she entered the master bedroom on the second floor, her nose began to tickle. She turned away from Morgan and stifled a surprisingly powerful sneeze.

“HEH-gNTXH!”

“Bless you,” he shot over his shoulder.

“Yeah, thanks,” she mumbled and rubbed the sides of her nose with a knuckle. The tickle refused to go away, and she cupped her hands over her nose and stifled another.

“Heh-GGNXH!”

“Bless you again,” Morgan said.

“Thanks,” she replied and kept both hands over her nose for a moment before slowly removing them. She sniffed lightly and noticed that she was getting a bit stuffed up. Was she coming down with a cold above all else? But it didn’t really feel like a cold either. Her colds usually began with a sore throat and a headache, but this mostly seemed located to her sinuses.

She began to look through the drawers next to the bed, and the tickle returned. It got stronger. And she felt her nose beginning to run as well. She sniffled, battling the persistent urge to sneeze, and walked out of the room to sneeze without having Morgan’s curious eyes on her. She aimed the irritated sneezes into the sleeve of her jacket.

“Heh-gNNXTh! Heh-kTSCHGgh!”

She glared at her soaked sleeve and sighed. She already felt the need to sneeze again, and reluctantly put her nose back into the crook of her arm and burst forward with yet another set of burning sneezes.

“Heh-tSSCHew! Heh-ISSCHEW! HaaISSCHew!”

She blinked away some tears, and sniffed thickly. She hoped the wet spot on her jacket wouldn’t be too visible, and cursed the fact that she had chosen today to wear a light jacket - she had almost chosen a black one this morning. She pinched her nose and moaned through the congestion as she allowed herself a brief moment to feel absolutely miserable… then she returned to the room.

“You okay?”

Ah, ever the Prince Charming. JJ smiled.

“I’m fine,” she said, hoping she‘d sound more sure than she felt. But it only took a few seconds before the urge to sneeze returned full force.

EyISSCH! Excuse me-HehESSCH!”

“Bless you. For…” he counted, “The eighth and ninth time.”

“Right, this isn’t working,” JJ said impatiently and rubbed her nose in a near-aggressive manner. “There is something in this room that sets my allergies off.”

“What are you allergic to, then?”

“Cats.”

“But they don’t have any pets.”

“Oh yes, there is a cat in here somewhere, trust me! EEISSCH! Heh-ISSCHEEW!”

Morgan had moved on to the walk-in closet, opened it, and stood still for a few seconds, a smile playing on his lips.

“Well, JJ, you certainly have a nose for this. Take a look.”

She stepped up next to him and peered into the shadows. Then she saw it. A cat with no less than five kittens huddled up next to it. She sniffed wetly and pressed her wrist against her itchy nose.

“I told you so.”

He laughed.

"Yeah, you did."

Prompts: creep + cologne

The suspect’s cologne was so strong Alex Blake had to resist an urge to wave a hand in front of her to clear the air as she walked into the interrogation room. It was like walking nose-first straight into a brick wall.

“Mr Smith, hello, I’m agent Blake.”

He said nothing, only eyed her up and down. Her nose began to tickle as it filled up with the heavy, spicy scent, but she pretended she wasn’t bothered at all. Finally he seemed to be content with his examination of her appearance, and he leaned back.

“I was kind of hoping for the blonde one.”

“Well, you got me.”

“Too bad. I always had a thing for blondes. And blondes tend to adore me.”

“A good thing I’m a brunette, then,” Blake said, her tone deliberately harsh, and ran the back of her hand underneath her nose. She didn’t know for how long she’d be able to fight the need to sneeze.

“Oh, I meant no offense. You’re not that bad looking. Maybe a bit too old for my taste, but I bet you‘re quite experienced…”

Blake bit the insides of her cheeks to keep from laughing. She wondered whether he was intentionally trying to insult her or if this was some kind of backwards way of flirting. Either way, it was absurd.

“Let’s talk about Amanda.”

“Why?”

“Because she is dead, and someone murdered her, and you are our prime suspect?” she suggested with an amiable smile as she sat down and began flipping through a case file. He laughed a little.

“You think I killed Amanda? Why would I?”

“Why don’t you tell me?”

She rubbed her nose and cupped a hand over it, stifling a tickly sneeze.

Hhmpghh!”

“Bless you, honey.”

She ignored him.

“You were seen with her at 10 pm on Friday night, leaving a restaurant downtown.” She paused for a moment and pressed the back of her hand against her nose, as if pushing back a sneeze. She sniffed quietly and continued; “Three hours later, she was found… hehheh-mpgTHH!”

“Bless you again, agent Blake. You‘re not coming down with a cold, are y-”

“No,” she cut him off and rubbed her nose with her knuckles. It felt so good she had to force herself to stop. Mind over matter, she told herself and pushed on.

“Three hours later she was found murdered in a lake not far from your house. Now, what happened in the hours not accounted for? HuhntSCgghh!”

“You sure sound like you’re coming down with something,” he said. “Can I offer a tissue?”

After this last sneeze, she certainly needed a tissue, but she was not going to accept one from him. Her nose was completely blocked and at the same time runny to the point where she had to sniff with each inhale to avoid dripping over herself.

“I’b fide,” she said, inwardly wincing at this obvious contradiction, and insisted; “What happened in those hours?”

She had to choose her words carefully and pick the ones consisting of less m’s and n’s. Maybe she wouldn’t be able to avoid them altogether, but she sure as hell would try.

“I drove her home, we said goodnight, I went back home and went to bed.”

“Alo… hm, by yourself?” Yeah, ‘alone’ wasn’t one of those words she could say right now.

“Yeah, by myself. Why? Even a stud needs a night alone now and then.”

I’m sure that’s what you keep telling yourself when all your potential bed partners decline, she thought and nodded solemnly.

“Surely.”

“What about you, hm? Going to bed alone tonight?”

She barely heard what he said. She kept looking at him, but her entire focus was aimed at herself, or rather, at her incredibly irritated nose. She had hoped it would begin and end with just a slight tickle, but she feared she was heading for a full-blown allergic reaction, and she would have to leave the room within a minute, tops, before she lost everything that reminded of self-control. And so far she couldn’t even make him talk about that night. He was more interested in being generally sleazy.

Time dragged on. Blake struggled with her increasing need to sneeze, and finally, the oncoming attack erupted. She stood so quickly she nearly turned the chair over in the process and headed for the door with one hand cupped over her itchy nose, stifling one painfully unsatisfying sneeze after another. Hotch met her at the door, ready to replace her in the interrogation room. He gave her a quick but concerned glance.

“You okay?”

“Yeah,” she managed to get out before she had to sneeze again. JJ lead her around the corner and handed her a bunch of tissues.

“Bless you. Wow, that guy certainly wore the whole bottle.”

“He wore the whole perfume department,” Blake sniffed and pressed the tissues against her burning nose. “Heh-kTSCHuh! Eh-ktSSCHeww! Huh… huh-AESCHUhh!”

“Do you need anything?”

“I just… huh… I deed to get it out of my systeb,” Blake responded. The last fit had rendered her voice so stuffed up JJ could barely understand her. “Heh-kTSChuh! EEyISCHughh! Uh-HUH-eRSSCHUh!

“That guy was such a creep, it made me feel sick,” JJ said.

“You think? He claibs blondes adore hib,” Blake enlightened JJ. She blew her nose and wiped her reddening nostrils with a fresh tissue while she waited for the younger woman to decipher her words. JJ looked stunned, then threw her head back and laughed.

“Yeah? I can’t see how anyone can get closer to him than a quarter-mile without wearing a Hazmat suit, it‘s a bit hard to adore someone then.”

Blake blew her nose fiercely.

“Or just a gasmask. You know, so he can tell if it’s a blonde or a brunette.”

JJ laughed again, and Blake managed a faint smile, but deep inside, she found nothing amusing about this case whatsoever.

I love Blake deliberately choosing vocabulary she can still pronounce clearly. Adorable.

I love Blake deliberately choosing vocabulary she can still pronounce clearly. Adorable.

Thanks! :D It would be very her, I thought. :lol:

I have never watched any of the shows you've written for, but I really loved reading your drabbles.

Thank you so much! :D

Prompts: burning + purr

“Do you want to say hello to my kitty? His name is Sparkle.”

Spencer Reid looked down at the vic’s little daughter, holding a tabby cat in her arms. He swallowed, immediately realising why his throat and nose had felt tickly for the past few minutes.

“Uhm, hello Sparkle,” he said and waved his hand a little, hoping this would appease the little girl. But she was persistent, and before he could back away, she had dropped the cat on his lap and ran off to do something else. Reid tried to shoo the cat away, but it seemed perfectly content in his presence.

“What’s the matter, Pretty Boy?” Morgan teased. “Afraid of a cat?”

“N-no, I’m just…”

The cat curled up into a ball - a very furry, very shedding ball - and began purring. Reid thought he might still be alright if Morgan hadn’t just reached out a hand and patted the cat. Fur and dander whirled in the air and Reid felt the tickle in his nose go from slightly annoying to purely agonizing.

Ehh-USSCHuh!” He managed to catch the sneeze into his sleeve, but the action had done nothing to relieve the burning sensation that spread within his sinuses. “Huh-eSSChuh!”

The cat gave him a sleepy glance and purred even louder. Reid could have sworn it liked the reaction it brought on. His nose burned as if it was on fire, and he burst forward with several more violent sneezes.

“Heeh-uSSCHuh! EESSCCHOO! Huh… huh-uuuSSCHUH!”

“Hey, Reid, are you okay?”

“I… huh… am a little bit allergic… huh-uSSCHUHH!”

“A little bit, huh? You need to get out of here, man,” Morgan said and grabbed the cat to give Reid a chance to escape. The cat glared at Morgan and stopped purring as if he had pressed an off-button. Morgan chuckled, scratched the cat behind its ears, and said;

“You felines are such sadists, aren’t you?”

The cat began to purr again.

clapping.gif clapping.gif Wonderful. I don't even need to explain myself for you to know how I feel... thumbsup.gif

The cat glared at Morgan and stopped purring as if he had pressed an off-button. Morgan chuckled, scratched the cat behind its ears, and said;

This. Yes.

clapping.gif clapping.gif Wonderful. I don't even need to explain myself for you to know how I feel... thumbsup.gif

Haha, I'm very glad you liked it! wink.png

The cat glared at Morgan and stopped purring as if he had pressed an off-button. Morgan chuckled, scratched the cat behind its ears, and said;

This. Yes.

I've got two of them around, and I'm pretty sure they are sadists. heh.gif

Right, let's do some original, because I need to get back to writing the story with this character in... she is so evil she deserves some misery. yes.gif

Prompts: makeup + impulse

Fandom: None, original character

The tall brunette dabbed at her watery, bloodshot eyes with a tissue, taking great care not to smear her makeup. What she really wanted to do was to rub both hands against her eyes and have the itch properly dealt with, and to hell with mascara, eyeliner, eye shadow, foundation and powders. But of course she couldn’t give in to such impulses.

She gave a watery sniffle and winced as the urge to sneeze came upon her with full force - and then shied away.

She cupped her hands in front of her face and struggled with the teasing, indecisive sneeze. It almost came… then it didn’t. She knew she must look like a complete idiot with her eyes half-closed, her mouth open and her nostrils quivering and red from irritation. She loathed the helplessness and humiliation that her allergies brought to her, and that in turn made her absolutely furious.

“Huh… AEEESCHOOO!” The loud, throaty explosion was immediately followed by a sharp gasp and another sneeze, even more desperate and itchy: “AAERRSCCHHAH!”

She snatched a handful of tissues and then simply stared at them, breathing through her mouth as her nasal passages were utterly and totally blocked. Blowing her nose would be almost as bad for the makeup as rubbing her eyes would. Everyday makeup could be easily repaired, but makeup intended for TV took forever to put on.

Her nose itched so much she couldn’t think, much less plan ahead.

“Oh who gives a fuck,” she groaned and blew her nose thoroughly, emptying it of as much congestion she could, but it felt like nothing would help today. She finished by wiping her red, moist nostrils and threw the soaked tissues into the trashcan. Then, like a spiteful child, she followed the impulse and rubbed her itchy, burning eyes with her fists, smearing the makeup and the allergic tears all over her face.

There was a knock on the door.

“Madam President, are you ready?”

“No,” she snapped. “Postpone the speech, get a makeup artist in here, and…” her breathing began to hitch, but she struggled to get her command through before the next mighty powerful sneeze would overtake her. “Aahh… and get me the s-st… s-strongest… hehh ehh-HEH! Strongest antihistamines… huhhh… on the markeeEEH-KTSSSCCHH! HEH-ERSSSCHHOO! Market!”

Her PR person was quiet. Very, very quiet. Then she spoke, in a small, nervous voice;

“Consider it done, ma’am.”

The President briefly considered taking her annoyance out on said PR person, but her nose felt like it was on fire, and the last thing she wanted was to sneeze her way through the nasty, hurtful lines she wanted to deliver. So instead she grabbed another handful of tissues and sat down on the couch to deal with the allergic sneezing fit that was about to come. While she may have been the most powerful woman in the world, she didn’t stand a chance in a war against her own allergies.

• 1 month later...

Prompts: tree + dust

Note:

Okay, this first drabble is actually inspired by a scene in one episode (season 8 episode 20). Well, not so much by the scene in itself, but by the fact that Blake’s voice is a little bit scratchy, the wind is blowing, and they’re at a site of the logging industry, so I obviously decided that's allergies. Haha! Also, when I was a teen I was on a work practice at a sawmill and goddamn it the smell and dust was horrible. Besides, I may need to change the name of this thread to “Chanel’s Blake Drabbles Plus Some Other Stuff Now And Then”. :shy:

The smell of sawdust was heavy in the air, and the wind was picking up, blowing fine particles around. Blake felt like her throat was coated with it, and they had only been here a few minutes. And the smell of the sawdust was absolutely overwhelming; it wasn’t exactly an unpleasant scent per say, but it was so strong it was almost painful to inhale.

“When did you find the body?” she asked and cleared her throat. Her voice was already affected by the dust, sounding somewhat scratchy. Before the millworker could answer her question, she had to turn away from him and Morgan, put her arm up in front of her face, and sneeze.

“AaERSCHmph!”

The sneeze seemed to push itself forward from the back of her throat rather than originating from her nose, but once it had escaped, it released the fires of hell into her sinuses. She sniffed once, still with nose and mouth safely hidden into her sleeve, and sneezed again.

“AaESCHmm!”

While the need to sneeze lingered, she forced herself to remove her arm from her face and turn back to the men with a soft sniffle. “Excuse me. You were saying?”

The heavily built man started over, and she tried to focus on his words but the urge to sneeze was growing steadily. She tried rubbing her nose, but the dreadful itch was seated much deeper and if anything only worsened. Her breathing began to waver.

“Excuse me,” she said again, walked a few steps away from the others and sneezed one more time.

“Blake, are you alright?”

“Yeah. Got some dust up my nose, is all. I’m fine.”

At least that’s what she wished, but she could not fight her own body’s overwhelming response; she pinched her nose and stifled three rapid sneezes.

“NgtSCH! NngGth! Hah-gnTXTh!”

Now I’m done,” she said, immediately contradicting herself by sneezing again, a completely uncovered, unstifled, spraying:

“HAAERSSCHOO!”

This violent sneeze seemed to at least do something about the prickly, throbbing itch in her throat, but nowhere near enough to rid her of the irritation altogether. And as if to compensate for it, the itch moved forces upwards and took her nose hostage instead.

“S-sorry…” she sniffed before being overcome with a harsh fit that she tried to restrain the best she could - and failed miserably.

“Blake, I’ve got this. You probably should go back to the car,” Morgan said. “Check the glove compartment, JJ keeps putting packs of Kleenex there, I swear it’s a compulsion of hers.”

While she wanted to protest, protesting meant that she needed to be able to speak without being interrupted by one sneeze after the other, and so she had no choice but to accept defeat.

But it was a reluctant and surprised kind of defeat.

Prompts: seasons + phone

It was the season of rebirth; when everything blossomed and filled the air with fresh scents.

And pollen. Lots and lots of pollen.

The damned allergy-inducing powder got in everywhere; even in here. Garcia felt like her poor allergic nose was filled up with glowing embers.

“Heh-eSCHH! ESCHHHO!”

Although sneezing seemed to be the only thing her body wanted to do right now, giving in to the desperate urge helped very little. In fact, each sneeze only seemed to make the itch worse. She snatched a handful of tissues and held them to her pinkish nose, aiming the next fit into the soft paper.

“ESSCHOO! Heh-iSSCHHoo! Heh-kTSSCHHEw! Huh… uhhh… IESSCHeww!”

She blew her nose, trying to clear it of as much mess and pollen as possible, hoping it would allow her to breathe easier at least for a little while, but not counting on it.

At that moment her phone rang. She groaned, but tapped it to answer, hoping that her voice didn’t sound as stuffy to others as she felt it was.

“Talk to be, boss,” she said, trying to keep up her trademark sass the best she could.

“Garcia, check for local business owned by males with previous convictions of assault or rape.”

She was quiet, struggling with a tickly, teasing sneeze and she certainly didn’t want her boss to hear her lose that struggle.

“Garcia?”

“Y-yes Sir… I’b… I’b searching… huhh… huh-ikgtSChew! Sorry Sir.”

“Bless you. Are you okay?”

“Absolutely. I’b fide.” She winced. She probably shouldn’t have worded it that way, not with this mad congestion playing a crucial part in her voice. She typed as quickly as she could, reading the search results with watery, red-lidded eyes.

“Uh, I have two, a… uh-eKSCHoo! Sorry… a carpenter business and a… sball codstructiod firb.”

Hotch proved how amazing he was by correctly interpret her terribly allergy-distorted words;

“Send me a list of all customers of the small construction firm…”

Esschhew! ESSCHEW! Hahhh…ISSCHEW! I ab so sorry boss.”

“Penelope, as soon as I hang up I expect you to send someone - anyone - to a drug store and pick up antihistamines. Either that, or you hand over your work so far to Kevin and go home.”

“I’b okay,” she said, avoiding the use of the word ‘fine’. Hotch sighed.

“No, you’re not. Consider it an order, if that makes you more likely to oblige,” he said, more sternly than he wanted to.

“It’s just allergies,” Garcia said. “I’ve sent the list to your phode dow.”

“Thanks Garcia. And make sure you at least get those antihistamines. I don’t want you to suffer like this.”

“Alright... thank you. Garcia out. HEH-kTSCHoo!”

• 3 weeks later...

yay.gif WooHoo!!! Hotch and Garcia drabble! LOVE it w00t.gif

Thank you! That pairing is growing on me, actually... ^_^

Prompts: summer + secret

Fandom: Downton Abbey

Lady Mary Crawley stared at her reflection in the mirror. Well, in fact, the only thing she stared at was her nose. It was so battered by her hayfever it was completely red, her nostrils were chafed after many, many wipes and blows with handkerchiefs, and while it wasn’t visible from the outside, it was burning with unsneezed sneezes that crowded her sinuses and begged to be released.

“How’s your hayfever today, mylady?” Anna, her maid, asked casually while brushing her hair. Sweet Anna, always fully aware of the truth but always willing to allow you to keep up your pretence if you wanted to.

“Much better,” Lady Mary lied and had to hold her breath to keep the teasing sneeze back. It was a mistake to speak at all, as it only seemed to further increase the need to let out the looming allergic fit. Anna met her eyes in the mirror, raising her eyebrows to show her scepticism.

“Really?”

Lady Mary nodded stubbornly, even though her nostrils had already begun to flare as the sneezes little by little took over her resolve. It felt like her nose was filled to the brink with burning embers and strong pepper, but of course it was no such thing that bothered her. Only pollen. Only the grains from the verdant grass that surrounded Downton… her nose had declared Summer the season of Hell, and there was no medication that seemed to bring her salvation.

“Hhehh…”

Anna smiled a little as she took one of the fresh handkerchiefs she had brought up with her, and handed it to her employer just in time for the violent and desperate fit. The pale brunette tried her very best to keep the sneezes stifled, but it was impossible.

“Heh-kgTSChh! NttSCHH!-TSSCghh! Hah-! AAHnTSCghh! Hahh… hahAAESSCHH!”

Once finished, she gave her irritated nose a quick blow and glared at her maid with watery and red-rimmed eyes.

“Let’s pretend that never happened,” she said. Anna smiled and kept brushing her hair.

“I have no idea what you’re talking about, mylady.”

“Let’s pretend that never happened,” she said. Anna smiled and kept brushing her hair.

“I have no idea what you’re talking about, mylady.”

Fantastic. I love it!

Archived