Sneeze Fetish Forum

Things you "should" like, but don't

bloom

Cinemas.

Everybody loves the cinema, right? Nope.

Firstly, the cinema is always far too cold. Worse than that, there are so many people in one room. I'm so horrible at sitting through movies in one sitting because I lack the ability to concentrate and I fret when I can't multitask.

I always drink too much and need to leave to pee right in the middle of an action scene and there are no subtitles.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually, I hate the cinema/going to the movies.

I always get a headache and sometimes I get slightly motion sick watching. I also don't like being crammed in a small space with people for a long time and not being able to fast forward through the almost inevitable vomit scene that is in nearly EVERY damn movie made today. Also, most of the people I want to go with like to sit in the middle of the aisle or in the middle row, at least. That's too close for me to watch comfortably. I need to sit pretty high up.

So, NOPE. Go to a movie? Bah, go by yourself. :lol:

Agree with both Ralee and Geist! I love to watch movies, but not in theaters. The only seat that is comfortable is the top corner, the one where you can put your feet up. And yes, even if it's the dead of summer, you do indeed need to bring a very warm sweater. Also, I hate how theaters smell of popcorn and candy and the like. And, perhaps the most annoying - people who cannot go without their damn phones!

First person shooters specifically Call of Duty and Grand Theft Auto, because those games are "cool" among people my age and everyone who plays Mario is a baby. Nope. I dislike GTA with a burning passion and shooters just aren't my thing. Says the one who plays Earth Defense Force nonstop I'll just stick with my Mario Bros.,thank you.

Oh,and rap music and My Little Pony *prepares to get flamed*. Rap music because...just listen to the radio. Nopenopenope.

And MLP? Well,I LOVED the older generations anyway,but after Friendship is Magic,the series lost its charm for me,so I stopped. Plus too many bad experiences with rabid bronies.

too many edits bruh

I really really REALLY dislike the whole "working to achieve a goal" concept. I don't like having to do it, I don't like doing it. I don't particularly like achieving any kind of goal. It doesn't make me feel good about myself. The most it'll do is make me think "huh, I wonder what people will say when they hear I did this". I tell people I want to do things, because apparently everybody should, right? But deep down . . . nah.

This is probably not normal and waaay too heavy for the topic, but it was the most fitting to "things you SHOULD like but don't". :lol:

john_kimble

The Game of Thrones opening. I do like the show but that opening is just so unappealing to me. Apparently I'm one of the few people who dislikes it because other shows parody it quite often.

I really really REALLY dislike the whole "working to achieve a goal" concept. I don't like having to do it, I don't like doing it. I don't particularly like achieving any kind of goal. It doesn't make me feel good about myself. The most it'll do is make me think "huh, I wonder what people will say when they hear I did this". I tell people I want to do things, because apparently everybody should, right? But deep down . . . nah.

This is probably not normal and waaay too heavy for the topic, but it was the most fitting to "things you SHOULD like but don't". heh.gif

Oh god, this is me absolutely. The sense of achievement and pride that people get when they reach a goal...I don't get that. Like, at all. I just don't get any joy out of it.

Meanwhile, I'll do something that others would consider trivial or a waste of time and that'll make me feel accomplished for a month. :P Oh well.

This is probably not normal and waaay too heavy for the topic, but it was the most fitting to "things you SHOULD like but don't". heh.gif

Oh god, this is me absolutely. The sense of achievement and pride that people get when they reach a goal...I don't get that. Like, at all. I just don't get any joy out of it.

Meanwhile, I'll do something that others would consider trivial or a waste of time and that'll make me feel accomplished for a month. tonguesmiley.gif Oh well.

Clearly, we are soul twins. :heart:

I like Star Trek. I think all of the TV series admittedly may have had their bad points but each were good in their own way and I liked them. A lot. I do not like the "reboot" movies. On paper, I should. With modern visual effects they were able to do things that a TV show in the 60s simply was not able to (not least of which would be updating the look of the ships and technology so that "fans" will stop moaning that "Enterprise" looked too slick to be a predecessor to the original series, ahem). And they brought the franchise to the attention of a whole new group of fans, and made it much more accessible, which is vital to it's survival as a franchise on the whole. So yes, on paper I should. And I tried, I really did. And it just won't happen And I can't help but be like "Guys. There's a whole rich, developed universe-both in the literal and figurative sense-to play with. There are so many untold stories and new characters that we've never imagined. And the best you could come up with was a 'reboot'?" and that prejudice and disappointment might very well be a huge part of my block toward it but, there you go...

Ooh, this is interesting. I'm not sure I understand what you mean? I thiiiiiink I disagree, but this is quite intriguing anyway. What's the alternative to aiming for something? Don't most actions have a purpose? Or do you mean you do things for the progress/journey, and avoid the anti-climax of reaching the 'end'? (Sorry if I'm completely missing the point.)

Mark me down for people who hated star wars. It is SOOOO DRY AND BORING i don't get why it's such a huge deal, except for maybe in a film history context. I love space. I love sci fi. Star wars? instantly bored. Instantly.

I should like BBC sherlock bc i like all other adaptations of it that i've seen so far but i actlly hate it. Well, i liked it before season 3 happened, but then season 3 did happen and it ruined the whole thing for me.

I should theoretically like Ursula K Leguin's writing but i find her style so tedious and wordy @.@ i literally cannot get into her books i don't have the attention span to be bored to death by details that are not relevant to the plot. Which sucks bc the actual storylines and themes and stuff are fantastic if you can get around that. I just can't.

Also i should love culinary school, because i love food and food science and i love cooking in mass quantities and serving my food to people and i like making money and being a professional chef would be ace for that BUT too many rushed conversions not enough creative liscence too much heavy lifting not enough air conditioning tOO MANY PEOPLE CRAMMED IN FRONT OF ONE STOVE nope nope nope nope nope nope

do you mean you do things for the progress/journey, and avoid the anti-climax of reaching the 'end'?

In very short: yes. I just hate to be done with things, is really what it comes down to. Which probably means I have issues, but welp, what else is new. :lol:

Harry Potter, ice cream,cake, pie,icing/frosting.

Sweet delights for others while im not a fan of them.

Harry Potter, I could only read about 2 books then I got bored oops.

I never liked the bugs bunny gang or scooby doo as a child despite my best efforts to force myself to like it.

1. BBC Sherlock (it's good, I just... can't)

2. Booze (because there are more fun ways to forget life is shit)

3. Children (or should I say, the "parents" that "raise" them)

4. Benjamin Franklin (sorry if that makes me a terrible American but the guy creeps me out)

5. Fruit pies (I prefer my fruits and pastries separate)

6. The Killers (can't get into them)

7. Birds twittering in the spring (makes me feel depressed???)

Small children.

tl;dr,my little sister. nuff said

Eh, I guess stuff like The Hunger Games and Divergent for me. I normally love anything science fiction and/or post-apocalyptic, but I couldn't get into either of these, nor the countless other imitators that have been spawned in the past few years. I guess my dislike of young adult fiction is enough to cancel out my love of sci-fi. That said, I really enjoyed Battle Royale, which is very similar in a lot of ways. In my opinion Battle Royale was more "show," while The Hunger Games and Divergent were more "tell," and "show, don't tell" makes a big difference to me personally.

I should like BBC sherlock bc i like all other adaptations of it that i've seen so far but i actlly hate it. Well, i liked it before season 3 happened, but then season 3 did happen and it ruined the whole thing for me.

I definitely should like Sherlock seeing as I'm in the fandom and have been for three years, but I, too, think season three was garbage for the most part. I still adore the characters and the actors, but the show itself just pisses me off more often than not. :laugh: I guess one could say I have a love-hate relationship with this show.

Harry Potter, I really wanted to like it! I just didn't... Also Buffy the vampire slayer, I loved firefly, but I think i will give it more of a chance, I just watched the first episode, some things take a while.

I also hated inception and everyone always thinks I will like it and recommends it too me. I thought it was terrible.

*'Soft' Science Fiction - If it isn't 'believable' scientifically (Star Trek, Star Wars, anything involving little green men...) then I find it incredibly boring and cheesy. It's a shame, because I really want to be able to find more good science fiction writers, like Crichton. Oh, but even though I hate space crap, I do like Marvel comics and DC comics (I just ignore the space stuff and focus on the stuff I do enjoy).

You just made me realize that this is the exact thing that bothers me about the genre(s). I have a history of being interested in shows that have a sort of whimsical background, but the second it dramatically distances itself from believability, forget it! I think it's because it already takes some mental effort for my imagination to become invested in something fictional, and when a lot of sci-fi/fantasy elements come into the picture, it feels too "extra" and I can't become fully immersed.

I definitely should like Sherlock seeing as I'm in the fandom and have been for three years, but I, too, think season three was garbage for the most part. I still adore the characters and the actors, but the show itself just pisses me off more often than not. I guess one could say I have a love-hate relationship with this show.

^^^ yes.gif

LOVE for the characters, "Meh" for season 3. Still hopefully that MAYBE if/when we ever get a season four that it'll be back to Season 1 & 2 quality.

Also

-SPN: It seems like **everyone** loves it and I love Grimm and that has supernatural elements in it, but... just have no interest. And I feel bad that I don't have an interest.

-beer: it seems like everyone loves it and I think that it smells *beyond* nasty. ANY kind. Cheap stuff, imported, microbrew, whatever. Thus far any type that anyone has ever offered me- one sip tells me that it is nasty as frick.

- Les Miserables the book: I always love the book better. Well, *almost* - but Victor Hugo just ODs on the details (**much** more so than Tolkien, in my opinion) and I just can't get through it. I end up going for my 10th Anniversary CDs everytime.

ETA: Game of Thrones: Everyone I know who generally has similar taste in books and such as I do- LOVE for this series. I just have no desire to read them. Guess I'll just stick with the straight up historical fiction and/or just history.

The Matrix: Same thing. My movie people that I'm normally on the same page with- they LOVE it. Whereas I'm afraid to watch Kenau Reeves in ANYTHING (other than "Bill and Ted" and "Much Ado About Nothing", the latter because his role is SO small and the desire to see the rest of the brilliant cast overwhelms me). I **know** that he is playing a machine, which probably works INCREDIBLY well with his "acting", but I just can't bring myself to watch it.

Smartphone: I can't get myself to plunge into all the money and am worried that I'd fall into a vortex of "ALL TEH ACCESS". Soooo.... I'm quite possibly the ONLY human over the age of 10 (excepting my kidlets) in existence without one :bag:

Soooo.... I'm quite possibly the ONLY human over the age of 10 (excepting my kidlets) in existence without one bag.gif

Nope, I don't have one either. :D Don't want one. Like you said, too much access.

Soooo.... I'm quite possibly the ONLY human over the age of 10 (excepting my kidlets) in existence without one bag.gif

Nope, I don't have one either. biggrin.png Don't want one. Like you said, too much access.

Whooot!! Chanel and I can be in a club. :D:naughty::wub:

Y'know, I used to think I hated dogs but I've realized that I LOVE dogs and hate their irresponsible owners. I'm tired of dog owners not picking up their dog's poop, I'm tired of owners letting their dogs bark uncontrollably, I'm tired of owners that let their dogs hump people, but most of all, I'm tired of some dog owners treating their dogs as their own children. They aren't children. They aren't humans. They aren't and never will be. Unless you have to have a dog with you, like a service dog, keep them at home. Stop trying to pass laws to make it legal for your dog to go everywhere with you. It's selfish, especially since not everyone likes dogs for various reasons. Please stop forcing everyone to gush over your dog. I'm sure he/she is amazing and adorable but I can't really see the rainbow that's shining out of its ass if it's being clouded over the fact that he/she is pooping on someone else's lawn or about to jump on somebody. JUST TRAIN YOUR DOGS, OKAY. DOGS AREN'T THE PROBLEM, YOUR IRRESPONSIBILITY IS.

I hate a very deep hatred for jeans. I just hate the feel of them and I despise wearing them and would rather wear a damn kilt.

I hate a very deep hatred for jeans. I just hate the feel of them and I despise wearing them and would rather wear a damn kilt.

I thought I was the only one! I HATE jeans. Like, absolutely loathe beyond all reason. They never fit well. They're hot. They're uncomfortable. I can't stand them!

I also really dislike flip-flops and ballet flats. Get out.

Archived