• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Juto

• Arty

• Subtly Clashing Wishes

• Kaze Wo Hiku

Thank you so much to everyone who has read my stories so far and thank you thank you thank you!!! For all your comments...

New little Drabble. Feel free to comment (translation: please let me know what you think).

Part 19 - Studying

"One more time Zach, focus! Hhhh... Hn'NXT'ch! Ugh, Snf! Here we go:

The history of the... Hh... Roman Empire...hh'NKT! Snf! Covers the history of Ancient Rome from the...hh... The fall of the... Hh'GKT'ch! Snf! Of the Roman Republic in 27 BC until the abdication of the last emperor in 476 AD. HH... Dang it... Hh'HNGXT'choo! Snf! Ugh! I have NO idea what I just read."

Zach buried his nose in a tissue and blew for the 100th time that evening. His exam in ancient Roman literature was tomorrow. His head was throbbing painfully as if some witch was currently stirring a brew in his brain. Important facts about the Roman Empire, its dynasties and emperors were simmering alongside what felt like several litres of mucus and spiced with red bull and a candy bar.

Zach frowned as the shook his 3rd can of red bull, finding it empty. He had to stay awake to study. He needed to pass this exam.

He brought his fingers to his temples, rubbing them in circles, trying to put an end to the unpleasant throbbing. He looked accusingly down at his books as if his newly acquired pre-exam-cold was entirely their fault. He sighed and rubbed his eyes with the heels of his hands, refocusing on the Roman Empire.

"Rome had begun... Hhh... Expanding shortly after... Hgn'XT'ch! Ugh! Snf! After the founding of the Republic... in... The... Hn'HNGT'ch! 6th century BC.

He became suddenly aware of a light pressure at his temples, sending a delightfully cool sensation into his fevered head. His own rubbing must have ignited a pressure point to some healing current. He leaned back and closed his eyes, sighing in satisfaction as he felt the throbbing pain slowly abate. His mind painted a picture of a pair of cool, soft hands, gently rubbing his temples, his skull, his neck and his upper back, removing all traces of ache. He embraced the weightless sensation the coolness provided and closed his eyes, murmuring in delight.

When he opened his eyes again, he was sitting in bed, a glass of water and a couple of paracetamols on the bed in front of him.

Huh, I must have gone up to retrieve these. Or could it be…?

He shook his head slightly. He was more or less used to his fevered and slightly crazed mind doing things he wasn't completely aware of. He shrugged, at least it was a help, it wasn't like he was starting his own fight club or anything. He eyed the pills and heaved a sigh.

But I need to study. I have time to be sick tomorrow after the exam, not now.

He jumped, startled as his window suddenly flew open letting in a chilly and strong gush of wind. Despite the awkward angle of the books lying on his desk, not to mention their hard and heavy cover, the wind managed to lift the pages of the books, slamming them shut with a muffled ‘thumb’! The wind was gone as swiftly as it had come and Zach's windows shut silently, as if drawn together by magnets.

Zach looked curiously at the books and let his eyes wander slowly around his room, finally raising his eyes to the ceiling. He sniffled, the light catching his eyes and ignited the constantly lurking tickle deep in his congested sinuses. He kept his gaze upwards as he let his breath hitch, coaxing the sneezes out.

“Hh… Ju-hh-hust sneeze… Come…hhh… On!” His eyes closed involuntarily as the tickle neared the unbearable, his hands fumbling for a tissue in the bed. He smiled as both his hands seemed to find what they had been searching for.

“Tha-hh-hanks! Hi’HGKTX’ch! Huh! Snf! Ah’NXT’choo! Ouch!”

He brought his hand up to rub the sore spot between his eyes where the stifled sneezing had made his congested sinuses twitch painfully. As he blew his nose he felt a cool sensation on his brow. Almost as if something cold was being gently pressed against the sore spot between his eyebrows.

He concluded that the paracetamols had kicked in already and was relieving the pain. No, wait! He hadn't taken them yet, there were still on his bed.

His tired, hazy and slightly feverish mind was playing tricks on him again. His imaginary Master’s knickers must be in a twist... Again! He sniffled once and winced at the gurgling sound coming from deep in his nose.

”I hate to admit it oh nursing and caring Master, but you’re probably right. It’s probably a good idea to get some rest before my exam.” He sighed and hung his head. ”I wish you could be there. Just to... Be there...Be real.” He chuckled pathetically at his own request. Yeah! That’s gonna happen Zach, you idiot! It’s just you as usual!”

He let out a jaw breaking yawn, took the pills and practically fell asleep before his glass of water was empty.

.......................................................................................................................................

Elias regarded his own arm, wonder and slight amusement lurking behind his sapphire eyes. His skin felt tingly and prickly, probably some minor effect of the 3 red bulls he had almost singlehandedly emptied whenever Zach hadn’t been paying attention. Elias rolled his eyes. The last thing his ward had needed was an excess of caffeine.

Oh, I’ll be there Zachariah! I will ALWAYS be there! Have no fear. You are not alone anymore my brave ward.

He had managed to catch The boy by his shoulders, removing his half empty glass of water before the ward had poured it down his front, and laid him gently back against the propped up pillows.

The angel carefully put his ear to Zach's chest, listening to the sound of his even breathing. There was no detectable wheeze. Elias sighed contently. At least it was "just" a head cold. His Zachariah's lungs were fine. He gave his pink-nosed ward a final affectionate gaze before he leaned down to gently press his lips to his forehead, leaving a soft trail of feather light kisses from his eyebrows to his curly crown.

Zachariah stirred and rolled sleepily onto his side, facing away from his desk where his newly opened history books were slowly turning page after page, as if affected by a breeze.

Edited by Juto

Arty has died....the cause was too much sugary goodness.

Oh my GOD! I cold never have imagined that my secret angelic caretaker and his ward would reach 2000 views.

Thank you so much to each and every one of you who have spent your time reading my drabbles. You deserve a treat :-) I will upload 2 new drabbles.

The first one is another collaboration between Meh, my encyclopedia in all things angelical and myself. There are no sneezes in it, sorry! It's an important piece for the continuation of the story, so please read it.

As a peace offering, please enjoy a very allergic Zachariah and a very bold (and still very invisible) Elias.

As always, your comments keep me in a creative writing mood. Thank you.

Part 20 - Meet me in the seventh heaven

Elias looked at the note. The note itself had golden edges and was folded into a neat little square; he had found it in his pocket when he had refilled his tissue stock, ready for a new day.

Meet me in the seventh heaven after Zachariah leaves for school.

-Raphael, Patron God of Health and Protection

The angel's face fell. He would honestly rather be with his ward than with his boss but he figured he didn't have much of a choice. He watched Zachariah get on the bus and heaved a sigh. Time to go. He could only hope it wasn't anything bad. He scanned his memory for incidents that could have possibly let to this meeting, but he came up empty. He shrugged. Maybe it was just some sort of evaluation.

He brought out a small remote and looked at it for a minute. He had gotten it on his first day working on the job. There were, of course, 7 buttons that represented the different levels of heaven and one button for returning to the human realm. The device was given to guardian angels because it took more than just wing power to get past Earth's gravity, and the technology would allow them to zap themselves to the heavens from Earth in the blink of an eye. The heavens themselves were categorized by what they held.

The first heaven was the location of Eden; the second was where fallen angels were jailed; the third was heaven's version of hell also containing the Tree of Life; the fourth was heavenly Jerusalem; the fifth was ruled by Sammael and most angels who resided in heaven stayed here in buildings much like the structures on Earth; the sixth was where guardian angels resided mostly because they were almost never home and this specific heaven was frequently stormy; and the seventh heaven was the dominion of the seven archangels, one of the archangels being his boss Raphael.

Up until now, he had only used to remote to get back to his tiny apartment in the 6th heaven, whenever he felt like he needed a shower or a change of clothes. But now he pressed the golden button that had a seven on it and closed his eyes. When he opened them, he was standing on an engraved silver circle with intricate designs on it. Seventh heaven. Classy!

He looked around. Everything was basically pure white, save the engraving on the floor and the line of seven small square offices in front of him. The rest looked like a whole lot of nothing. He surveyed the doors. Michael, Gabriel, Uriel, Remiel, Raguel, Saraqael...Raphael!

He gave himself a mental high five as he jogged over to the office. He knocked on the door and it opened to reveal an impossibly spacious room. The ceiling was at least 20 feet up and the room itself had only been 213 cm (7 feet). He stepped back outside to look at the office, seeing that it was just as small on the outside that he presumed it to be but the inside was still as huge. He whistled, impressed by what he saw.

"Trippy, but I suppose anything is possible with Father."

Elias took a cautious step inside and noticed that Raphael was seated behind a simple desk made of wood decorated with a large crucifix on the front. He looked at the top of the desk and smiled at the obvious lack of a name plate. Everyone on the 7 heavens knew who Raphael was. Raphael gestured to a seat he hadn't noticed. When he had taken a seat, Raphael took a deep breath.

"I called you here to talk about an incident involving both you and your ward."

Elias felt his stomach twist with anxiety. This definitely couldn't be good. He nodded in nervous anticipation, but when Raphael opened his mouth to speak, the guardian cut him off.

"Wait! I um...I wanted to talk to you about maybe becoming visible..."

Raphael's eyes widened, but he remained silenced.

"I think it could help him to see me because you know he's just so fragile and maybe I could...actually protect him, and I could be like a best friend to him, maybe even like-"

Raphael held up his right hand in warning.

"Let me stop you there, Elias. I wanted to alert you of the dangers of becoming visible or what I was primarily concerned about, the dangers of falling in love with your assigned ward. The thing about angels is that our love extends to all the inhabitants of Earth, not just those whom we personally protect."

The archangel paused to make sure Elias was still listening and stood, beginning to pace.

"If you choose to concentrate love like that on just one person and put him or her before Father and your duties as a guardian angel, there is a risk your wings could be revoked and you would become mortal. It's not pleasant either. It had been been described as someone pouring lava over your wings, letting them slowly burn and melt off your body."

Elias felt panic rise up in him, tenfold stronger than the pleasant anxiety he had felt mere moment ago. His boss was staring at him intensely, letting his message sink in before he continued.

"Or should you lead your ward astray and off the straight and narrow path due to personal love you would keep your wings but you would be stripped of your grace and your feathers would no longer be pure white, but black and marked with your sin. You would be put in jail and Zachariah would be assigned another guardian.” Raphael stopped pacing and took a seat on the corner of the table. His eyes softened, but never left Elias’s.

“The only reason why I would even bring up these terrible consequences is because I received word that you have… kissed your ward on the forehead and… Forgive me but… it would give me reason to believe that you are in fact… in lo-"

Elias panicked and interrupted his boss before the Archangel could read his true emotions.

Think Elias! Think!! Why did you kiss him on his forehead, why, WHY??

"No sir! It's not love! I was merely measuring his temperature but I did not have a thermometer at the time. I “G”ed it and discovered that a temperature can be detected using ones own skin, preferably a more delicate spot like your lips or your cheeks.”

Elias gave a worried smile hoping his boss would buy it.

SHIT SHIT SHIT!! You IDIOT! You just lied to the Archangel! Well. Technically it's not a lie, the “G “ really said so, but that's not the true reason you did it and you know it.

Raphael raised an eyebrow skeptically.

“Then how do you explain your actions towards Zachariah’s class mate, Simon? Was it not affection that caused you to wreck his car, mend it again and scare him away?”

“What? No no no! That boy was clearly bothering my ward. If you had been there you would have seen how Zachariah recoiled from his touch. It was a means to protect him.”

“So you are not in love with your ward?”

“Absolutely not!” LIAR!

Raphael nodded slowly, eyes still boring into Elias’s. Elias held his ground, not blinking, not looking away. Raphael breathed a sigh of relief and he looked away from Elias, arranging his face in softer lines.

“Elias, love is not a mortal sin for angels. It is normal to develop certain emotions for a person that you are involved with every minute of every day. What is a sin though, is acting upon it. If you do so, you will not only bring yourself, your immortality and your wings in danger, you will also inflict consequences on Zachariah. Everything you have done so far will be wiped from his memory and he will be assigned a new guardian.”

Elias felt a burning sensation behind his eyes. The mere thought of him loosing his Zachariah and his ward loosing his Master of the Universe tore at his soul. He felt a single silvery tear escape his eye and trickle slowly down his cheek. He felt Raphael’s hand rest on top of his and lifted his head to meet his eyes.

“Elias I know. Trust me. I know what you’re going through. Take comfort in the fact that Farther allows unnoticed touches and caresses, but don't cross the line. The consequences could be extremely severe. You are a good and caring guardian and it is obvious, even to Farther, that Zachariah is healthier and happier in your care than he has ever been before.”

Elias nodded slowly, still biting back tears. He wanted his boss to understand, desperately.

“But…” He managed, his voice trembling slightly. “He's so alone! He's hurting! I’M hurting! Is there any way… Any way at all that I can…?” He trailed off, gazing into Raphael's eyes, pleading.

His boss seemed to be at war with himself. After a minute, his face let up and he heaved a sigh.

“There is a way. You yourself can chose to become visible to Zachariah and everyone else, but there will be consequences. Not mortally dangerous ones, but not pleasant ones either.If you choose to reveal yourself to him for any reason you will loose your invisibility and your grace for 10 days. For you, that would open the door to mortal illness because if I do remember correctly, your immune system is not as strong as the rest of the guardians's. So I would not risk it if I were you. I shall breathe none of this to Farther. Whatever you choose to do will be entirely YOUR decision, but be warned. Revealing yourself, connecting more strongly with your ward may in time stir feelings in you that are beyond your control. Tread carefully, Elias. Think about Zachariah. How will he react to all this do you think? The poor kid already believes himself to be mentally disturbed because of your “magically appearing tissues act”, cute, but bold. Consider the consequences Elias, that is all. You are free to go.”

Elias slowly got up from his chair, his legs shaking, his knuckles white from curling them to fists. He nodded his thanks and understanding to his boss and turned towards the door.

“Oh… and Elias?

He turned questioningly.

“Don't lie to me again. Ever!”

Elias nodded apologetically and exited the office. He stepped out onto the silver floor and tapped the “return” button on his remote.

Part 21 - Sunflowers

"Alright, everybody off the bus, line up by the entrance please", the teacher tried to announce over the loud chatter.

There was a bustle as Zach and his class mates from' romantic literature' climbed out of the school bus to gaze upon the impressive entrance of the Botanic Gardens. Once they were all through the entrance, they were greeted by their guide. The class was forced to walk close together in a tight formation on the small paths that were carefully laid out amongst the flora in the massive greenhouses, Zach was fascinated as his vision was greeted by flowers in the most dazzling colours and imaginative shapes and sizes. The air above their heads was full of butterflies, silently flying from flower to flower intoxicated by the pollen.

The guide led them from one of the larger greenhouses to a bright yellow door. He turned towards the waiting student.

"Welcome to our most enlightened greenhouse in the gardens: the sunflower room". He paused for effect before he turned around and opened the double doors wide open. It was a spacious room with a very narrow walk path and a low ceiling with glass on all sides.

Zach was huddled in the middle of the cluster, truly feeling packed like a sardine. The crowd inched slowly forward, surrounded by bright yellow sunflowers ranging from tiny buds to massive stems. Zach sniffled and absentmindedly ran a finger under his nose.

The students stopped in front of a giant collection of sunflowers and the guide animatedly began his tale of this incredible family of helianthus annuus.

Zach wasn't paying attention. A sudden vicious and unquenchable tickle had settled in his nostrils, and he pinched his nose shut, trying with all his might not to give in to the tickle. This made no sense? He wasn't allergic?! But the more he considered the possibility, the more he realised that he had never really been around flowers much, and certainly not sunflowers, so technically... He... Could... Be...Hh...

"H'ngx! H'ngx! Snf!"

Zach managed to stifle 2 sneezes into the folds of his jacket as they escaped him, a wet sniffle at their heels. He hoped that had been enough to put an end to the tickle, but sadly not. His eyes started to itch uncomfortably and he dug the heels of his hands into them in attempt to relieve the itching. As he rubbed his already sore eyes, the tickle in his nose flared up again causing his breath to hitch and his nostrils to quiver. He fought hard against the newly discovered allergy but was unable to deny the tickle access much longer. He buried his face in his sleeve as he felt his nose throw in the white towel.

"Hh'NGX'ch! Hh... Hn'KGT'ch! A'HNX'choo! Hh...hhh... Hh'HNXT'ch! He'NXT'choo! Hh... Hhh... He'ENGXT'choo!

The entire class all turned to stare at Zach as he continued to sneeze helplessly, allergic tears streaming down his cheeks as his hands were too busy cupping his nose to rub them. The guide stopped his monologue and looked at the teacher who quickly manoeuvred his way through the crowd of students towards Zach. The teacher grabbed his shoulders and steered the sneezing and blinded-with-tears boy towards the exit and out in the hall. He helped Zach sit down on a bench between the greenhouses, padding his back softly.

"Ohh...hh... He'NGXT'choo! T-tickles... S-s-so muh-hutch.. Hh'GKT'ch! He'NXT'choo! Snf!"

"Sorry Zach, I didn't know you were so allergic to the flowers. Why didn't you tell me?"

"I... Hh... Hh'NXT'ch! Snf! D-didn't...He'NXT'ch! Ugh! Snf! ... know."

The teacher must have realised that this fit wasn't going to let up on its own. He got up.

"Listen, I just need to pass on a few messages to the other students and I’ll see if anyone has an allergy pill to spare. I'll come back to you in a few minutes."

Zach just nodded, unable to speak, unable too see, feeling utterly helpless on the bench with his face buried in his sleeve.

"Hh'NGX'ch! Hh... Hn'KGT'ch! A'HNX'choo! Hh...hhh... Hh'HNXT'ch! He'NXT'choo! Hh... Hhh... He'ENGXT'choo! Ugh! Snf!"

He brought his spare hand up to rub viciously at his eyes, wanting nothing more than to claw them from their sockets. He tried to open them, but that merely made them itch even more and it wouldn't be helpful anyway as the constant stream of tears made his vision blurry. Suddenly, Zach felt a gentle tug on his arm and a man's voice, deep and entrancing spoke softly to him.

"C'mon. We need to get you outside. Get some fresh air. You're covered in pollen. Keep your eyes closed and don't rub them, you'll only make it worse."

Zach did as he was told. He pinched his nose with one hand, stifling his sneezes and let the stranger take his arm across his shoulder, the stranger's arm around his waist to steady him as the pollen continued it's merciless assault on his nose and eyes.

Once outside, Zach breathed the pure, fresh air, trying to steady his breath in between ticklish sneezes. He brought his hand up to rub at his still closed eyes, only to have it gently slapped away by his saviour.

"B-but... Hh... Hn'NGT'ch! Snf! It I-h-itches... He'NXT'choo! E'GX'choo! Snf!"

"Don't rub, please Zachariah. Keep your eyes closed and take off your jacket. Zach complied, keeping his streaming and itching eyes closed whilst removing his jacket.

With both his arms occupied by the jacket removal, he was unable to pinch his nose to prevent the next set of sneezes. In stead, he held his breath and screwed up his face, fighting the urge to sneeze with every fibre in his body. His saviour let out a light chuckle and Zach felt a tissue being pressed against his nose and mouth.

"Discard the gentleman act for a minute and just sneeze, Zachariah. That looks wildly uncomfortable and honestly, I'm afraid you'll pop a vein! Just relax. It's okay, I'll steady you."

Zach felt a strong arm tighten around his back and he let go, sneezing as softly as he possibly could into his saviour's tissued hand.

Ha'I'choo! Snf! He'ehp'choo! Ohh... Hh... He'e'choo! Snf! S'cuse me!"

"Bless you. Here, I'll take that pollen infestation that used to be your jacket. Tissue. Blow your nose, please. And keep your eyes closed. Trust me!"

Zach felt the jacket being pulled from his hand, and a bunch of tissues replacing it. He did as the deep voice commanded, eyes still closed. He blew his nose once... twice... Three times before he felt the tiniest of relief from the throbbing congestion in his sinuses. Sadly though, his lesser congested nose was now itching ticklishly again.

"Here, use these. Bless you. I'll see if I can't wash some of the pollen off of you."

Zach felt a fresh couple of tissues being gently pressed against his nose and his own hand took over, stifling the sneezes into the tissues.

"Hh'HNGX'ch! Hh... Hn'NX'choo! Snf! He'NGXT'ch! Snf!"

"Bless you, Zachariah. Just keep breathing, you'll be fine." The saviour said. Despite his closed eyes, Zach could almost picture the compassion in the man's face as affection and comfort dribbled from the spoken words.

Zach felt a cool, wet cloth brushing his arms, his hands, his neck, his face and gently dabbing his eyelids. The cloth felt so soothing, and Zach found himself leaning into the soft brush, grateful for his saviours assistance. The tickle in his nose slowly abated and every other sneeze was replaced by a shiver, his damp skin now reacting to the slightly chilled weather. He heard a bustle of cloth and felt a warm and soft jacket being placed around his shoulders.

"Keep it Zachariah. My gift to you."

Zach wanted to look at his saviour and voice his thanks, but a different voice caught his attention. He turned his head and opened his eyes slowly, and saw a blurry version of his teacher approaching. He quickly looked around, but there was no one else in sight. He looked at his arms now wrapped in a soft leather jacket, it's bulging pockets full of tissues. He looked up, slightly stunned at the thoughtful and probably very expensive gift from his saviour. His teacher came within hearing distance,

"There you are. I've been looking for you. How did you manage to get out here? Your eyes were in such a bad way I didn't think your could see anything at all. Anyway, one of the girls had an extra Benadryl, here. And some water. We'll be done in about 30 minutes. Just go back to the bus and relax. You look absolutely worn out."

"Th-h-hanks... Hh'NGXT'ch! Snf! I've been Hh... Better... Hh'HNGX'choo! Snf!"

...........................................................................................................................................

Back on the bus, Elias sad completely still, trying not to disturb his still sneezy ward as Zach had unconsciously rested his head on his guardian's shoulder in stead of back support of the seat next to him. He was now doped on Benadryl and enveloped in Elias's own jacket, made to fit his Zachariah perfectly with a light touch of the guardian's glowing finger. Elias enjoyed the fact that his ward now had something of his, something he could hold on to, something that was actually visible. He was immensely grateful for the enclosed space of the sunflower greenhouse that had forced the angel to remain in the hall, making him able to offer Zachariah his sunflower-pollen-free jacket. He made a mental note to add Benadryl to the list of stock supply, who knew if Zach had any other allergies he was unaware off himself.

Today had been a bold move, the angel knew that, especially in the wake of his conversation with Raphael. He had counted on Zach to keep his eyes closed during his assistance. If Zach had been more curious and his eyes less itchy he would have looked directly through Elias, probably wondering if he were imagining voices. And he had touched him! In public! Ha had made sure that no one had been around to notice, but still, it had been his boldest move ever. He raised his eyes towards the heavens and let out a silent plea.

It was an emergency okay? Please don't take me away from my Zachariah. Please! I'll be more careful, I promise.

Elias felt Zach's head quiver slightly against his shoulder and saw his ward bend forward, his face hidden in tissues.

"Hn'NX'ch! Snf! Hh... He'KXT'choo! Ugh! Snf! Stupid sunflowers!"

Elias resisted the urge to chuckle and cuddle his still very sneezy ward. The irony of the situation was not lost on the angel. His ward, with his pair of deep, beautiful eyes, the colour of rain clouds was allergic to flowers of the sun! Go figure!

Edited by Juto

Ooh, I'm having mixed feelings about Raphael o.o

The insights on Elias's life are always really interesting xD

If you choose to reveal yourself to him for any reason you will loose your invisibility and your grace for 10 days.

Is this only for 10 days, or is it for more? :o

"Bless you, Zachariah. Just keep breathing, you'll be fine." The saviour said. Despite his closed eyes, Zach could almost picture the compassion in the man's face as affection and comfort dribbled from the spoken words.

Zach felt a cool, wet cloth brushing his arms, his hands, his neck, his face and gently dabbing his eyelids. The cloth felt so soothing, and Zach found himself leaning into the soft brush, grateful for his saviours assistance. The tickle in his nose slowly abated and every other sneeze was replaced by a shiver, his damp skin now reacting to the slightly chilled weather. He heard a bustle of cloth and felt a warm and soft jacket being placed around his shoulders.

Zach wanted to look at his saviour and voice his thanks, but a different voice caught his attention. He turned his head and opened his eyes slowly, and saw a blurry version of his teacher approaching. He quickly looked around, but there was no one else in sight. He looked at his arms now wrapped in a soft leather jacket, it's bulging pockets full of tissues. He looked up, slightly stunned at the thoughtful and probably very expensive gift from his saviour. His teacher came within hearing distance,

Aww, I loved this moment between them <3 So adorable!!

Congrats on the 2000+ views!! You deserve them :D

Ooh, I'm having mixed feelings about Raphael o.o

The insights on Elias's life are always really interesting xD

If you choose to reveal yourself to him for any reason you will loose your invisibility and your grace for 10 days.

Is this only for 10 days, or is it for more? :o

Aww, I loved this moment between them <3 So adorable!!

Congrats on the 2000+ views!! You deserve them :D

10 days at a time, as punishment before he get his grace and his wings back. But I daresay it won't be the only time he sacrifices his grace (and his health) for his ward's sake.

More adorable moments ahead. I promise.

Thank you so much for your comments, they truly make my day :-)

I'm being 100% honest when I say i just found someone on YouTube called 'Elias Yaziggy'

*whispers* he's real

Hahaha I have got to check him out! How weird is that?

*whispers* I know... And so will Zachariah... Soon...

This upcoming story hints at reveal..... Buuuuut... You'll have to have patience...

Omg!!! The tension! !! The tension!!!!!!

I know! Sorry. Worth the wait though, I promise. Especially for a lover of sickie like you :-)

Only *counting on fingers* some more stories to post before the reveal. It's coming, don't worry!

Here's a new little story for you.

This one takes place shortly after 'Sunflower', like, on the bus ride home and later that same evening.

Author's note: I have never been on Benadryl, and therefore can not say for sure if Zach's emotional reactions are believable. It was the way it turned out in my head. Sorry!

Enjoy, and as always, I will highly appreciate your comments. Thank you!

Part 22 – High and low

"Whoops! There you are bed, nice to... Hn'NXT'ch meet you!"

Elias shook his head at his Benadryl-high, giggly and still sneezy ward. Zach’s sneezes had just begun to simmer down after his unfortunate sunflower incident as the bus started to fill with pollen infested students. The guardian had tried to shield his ward the best he could, cocooning him with his wings, but the pollen still made it through his defences and once again turned his Zachariah into a sneezing and sniffling mess as he waited for the meds to fully kick in. As they did. Elias noticed how Zach's eyes had turned more unfocused, his body more slouchy and his mind more easily entertained.

Elias stretched his body, glad that his angelic corpus was not susceptible to bruises whilst he was on earth. He had had to throw himself on the ground to ease Zach's meeting with the hard asphalt as his ward had dived headfirst out of the school bus, giggling insanely as he collided with the angel's soft feathers.

Now he was on his bed, sporadically giggling at... Something that apparently amused him. Elias noticed his ward's presneeze expression before the younger man had realised it himself, and hurriedly placed some fresh tissues in his hand before Zach doubled over.

"Hn'NX'ch! Hhh... He'NXT'choo! Aww thank you. Snf!" He said affectionately, gesturing to the tissues in his hand. His face fell, all amusement gone. "You are always so nice to me, Master Universe. Just like that guy today, Snf!... who helped me and gave me his j-jacket. Hn'NXT'ch! Snf!" He stroked the soft leather of the jacket on the bed beside him. "So soft... So warm... He called me Zachariah. No one calls me Zachariah anymore." Realisation dawned on his face. "How did he know my name?" He sighed deeply and shrugged. "He was probably an imaginary saviour as well. Like you. Snf! I wish you weren't just a fragment of my own imagination. Snf! I could really use someone like you in my life. Snf! Hn'NXCh! Snf! Don't want to be alone anymore." He shook his head, looking down, then picked up his pillow and hugged it close to his chest.

Elias regarded his ward, his eyes soft with longing, his arms wrapped tightly around himself to prevent him rushing forth to embrace his emotional and allergic ward.

Elias's own eyes started to sting uncomfortably as Zach broke out a drunken and rather high-pitched (not to mention sneezy) version of "all by myself". It was a slightly pathetic scene unfolding before his eyes, but Elias had to practically restrain himself. His entire body yearned for his ward, to hold him, to nuzzle him, to convince him that he was no longer alone.

He knew the consequences of revealing himself to Zach and of course he had no way of predicting how an average teenager would react to having a full time stalker in the shape of a guardian angel.

Zach finished his self-pity-serenade on a note only dogs (an unfortunately angels) could hear. He kicked off his shoes and curled up on his bed, still hugging his pillow tight, burying his face in it before the guardian had time to serve up tissues.

“Hn’GNXT’ch! Snf! Ha’ENGT’schu! Ugh… Stupid-ass flowers. He rubbed his finger under his nose and closed his eyes, hugging the pillow tighter.

Carefully, Elias approached the bed and lowered his body onto the mattress, his front to Zach's back. He silently spread his wings, stretching his silvery white feathers and placed one wing on top of himself, ready to curl it around his ward as soon as the younger man was asleep.

Before he could do that, Zach reached an arm out behind his back, searching for his duvet. Elias held his breath and inched back to avoid Zach's touch. Curiosity got the better of him though and he placed his wing within the younger man’s reach. The searching hand caught hold of a few feathers and dragged the wing up around it’s shoulder and Zach sighed contently as he wrapped the wing around his curled up form.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

His mind in a blur of strange colours and sounds, his limbs growing more and more numb with each passing second, Zach was floating further and further away from his human self, entering the realm of abstract reality. His unconscious mind tried its best to process today's incident.

In his mind Zach tried to connect the deep, rich voice he had heard with a recognisable face from his memory, but all he was able to collect was a pair of blazing blue eyes, light as sapphires. He reached out and even though his hand felt numb and unresponsive, he could still register the change in texture as his fingers touched upon a smooth surface, his hand following to cup the round feel of a cheek beneath one intensely staring gemstone. His other hand reached above the watchful eyes to meet an unruly mass of soft locks.

In his dream, unconscious Zach moved both his hands down to rest from what he could feel were ears, around a jawline, letting his thumbs draw small circles over the unmistakeable structure of cheekbones. His own eyes never left the unblinking gaze of the sapphires.

His mind formed a question and his numb and uncontrollable lips seemed to accept the proposed collaboration as they framed the sounds.

“Were you my saviour?”

The question lingered in the nothingness, its sound resembling that of a sentence spoken under water. The sapphire eyes grew soft and the cheeks moved under Zach's fingers, into what the sleeping boy deduced to be a smile. The chocolate smothered voice rumbled low and pleasantly in his ears as it answered.

“Yes, my Zachariah. I was. I am…”

The nothingness muffled the deep voice as it pulled Zach deeper into the world of blissful nothingness.

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

“… Elias, your guardian angel. I’ve been…”

The angel stopped abruptly as his ward's hands fell from where they had been cupped around his face, gently brushing his cheeks with their curious softness, and down upon the mattress. The guardian was frozen, listening to the gentle snore of his sleeping ward with his congested sinuses as he tried to get a grasp on reality.

His Zachariah had been dreaming of him! Had touched him! Had spoken to him!

Could a dead heart beat again? It sure felt like it.

Edited by Juto07ab

Hey...

Just a fresh and cleaner version of part 20 as I just noticed the amounts of weird... Uhm... Letters in the text and for some reason I couldn't edit. So here it is again... Only without the weird stuff!!

Part 20 - Meet me in the seventh heaven

Elias looked at the note. The note itself had golden edges and was folded into a neat little square; he had found it in his pocket when he had refilled his tissue stock, ready for a new day.

Meet me in the seventh heaven after Zachariah leaves for school.

-Raphael, Patron God of Health and Protection

The angel's face fell. He would honestly rather be with his ward than with his boss but he figured he didn't have much of a choice. He watched Zachariah get on the bus and heaved a sigh. Time to go. He could only hope it wasn't anything bad. He scanned his memory for incidents that could have possibly let to this meeting, but he came up empty. He shrugged. Maybe it was just some sort of evaluation.

He brought out a small remote and looked at it for a minute. He had gotten it on his first day working on the job. There were, of course, 7 buttons that represented the different levels of heaven and one button for returning to the human realm. The device was given to guardian angels because it took more than just wing power to get past Earth's gravity, and the technology would allow them to zap themselves to the heavens from Earth in the blink of an eye. The heavens themselves were categorized by what they held.

The first heaven was the location of Eden; the second was where fallen angels were jailed; the third was heaven's version of hell also containing the Tree of Life; the fourth was heavenly Jerusalem; the fifth was ruled by Sammael and most angels who resided in heaven stayed here in buildings much like the structures on Earth; the sixth was where guardian angels resided mostly because they were almost never home and this specific heaven was frequently stormy; and the seventh heaven was the dominion of the seven archangels, one of the archangels being his boss Raphael.

Up until now, he had only used to remote to get back to his tiny apartment in the 6th heaven, whenever he felt like he needed a shower or a change of clothes. But now he pressed the golden button that had a seven on it and closed his eyes. When he opened them, he was standing on an engraved silver circle with intricate designs on it. Seventh heaven. Classy!

He looked around. Everything was basically pure white, save the engraving on the floor and the line of seven small square offices in front of him. The rest looked like a whole lot of nothing. He surveyed the doors. Michael, Gabriel, Uriel, Remiel, Raguel, Saraqael...Raphael!

He gave himself a mental high five as he jogged over to the office. He knocked on the door and it opened to reveal an impossibly spacious room. The ceiling was at least 20 feet up and the room itself had only been 7 feet. He stepped back outside to look at the office, seeing that it was just as small on the outside that he presumed it to be but the inside was still as huge. He whistled, impressed by what he saw.

"Trippy, but I suppose anything is possible with Father."

Elias took a cautious step inside and noticed that Raphael was seated behind a simple desk made of wood decorated with a large crucifix on the front. He looked at the top of the desk and smiled at the obvious lack of a name plate. Everyone on the 7 heavens knew who Raphael was. Raphael gestured to a seat he hadn't noticed. When he had taken a seat, Raphael took a deep breath.

"I called you here to talk about an incident involving both you and your ward."

Elias felt his stomach twist with anxiety. This definitely couldn't be good. He nodded in nervous anticipation, but when Raphael opened his mouth to speak, the guardian cut him off.

"Wait! I um...I wanted to talk to you about maybe becoming visible..."

Raphael's eyes widened, but he remained silenced.

"I think it could help him to see me because you know he's just so fragile and maybe I could...actually protect him, and I could be like a best friend to him, maybe even like-"

Raphael held up his right hand in warning.

"Let me stop you there, Elias. I wanted to alert you of the dangers of becoming visible or what I was primarily concerned about, the dangers of falling in love with your assigned ward. The thing about angels is that our love extends to all the inhabitants of Earth, not just those whom we personally protect."

The archangel paused to make sure Elias was still listening and stood, beginning to pace.

"If you choose to concentrate love like that on just one person and put him or her before Father and your duties as a guardian angel, there is a risk your wings could be revoked and you would become mortal. It's not pleasant either. It had been been described as someone pouring lava over your wings, letting them slowly burn and melt off your body."

Elias felt panic rise up in him, tenfold stronger than the pleasant anxiety he had felt mere moment ago. His boss was staring at him intensely, letting his message sink in before he continued.

"Or should you lead your ward astray and off the straight and narrow path due to personal love you would keep your wings but you would be stripped of your grace and your feathers would no longer be pure white, but black and marked with your sin. You would be put in jail and Zachariah would be assigned another guardian.” Raphael stopped pacing and took a seat on the corner of the table. His eyes softened, but never left Elias’s.

“The only reason why I would even bring up these terrible consequences is because I received word that you have… kissed your ward on the forehead and… Forgive me but… it would give me reason to believe that you are in fact… in lo-"

Elias panicked and interrupted his boss before the Archangel could read his true emotions.

Think Elias! Think!! Why did you kiss him on his forehead, why, WHY??

"No sir! It's not love! I was merely measuring his temperature but I did not have a thermometer at the time. I “G”ed it and discovered that a temperature can be detected using ones own skin, preferably a more delicate spot like your lips or your cheeks.”

Elias gave a worried smile hoping his boss would buy it.

SHIT SHIT SHIT!! You IDIOT! You just lied to the Archangel! Well. Technically it's not a lie, the “G “ really said so, but that's not the true reason you did it and you know it.

Raphael raised an eyebrow skeptically.

“Then how do you explain your actions towards Zachariah’s class mate, Simon? Was it not affection that caused you to wreck his car, mend it again and scare him away?”

“What? No no no! That boy was clearly bothering my ward. If you had been there you would have seen how Zachariah recoiled from his touch. It was a means to protect him.”

“So you are not in love with your ward?”

“Absolutely not!” LIAR!

Raphael nodded slowly, eyes still boring into Elias’s. Elias held his ground, not blinking, not looking away. Raphael breathed a sigh of relief and he looked away from Elias, arranging his face in softer lines.

“Elias, love is not a mortal sin for angels. It is normal to develop certain emotions for a person that you are involved with every minute of every day. What is a sin though, is acting upon it. If you do so, you will not only bring yourself, your immortality and your wings in danger, you will also inflict consequences on Zachariah. Everything you have done so far will be wiped from his memory and he will be assigned a new ward.”

Elias felt a burning sensation behind his eyes. The mere thought of him loosing his Zachariah and his ward loosing his Master of the Universe tore at his soul. He felt a single silvery tear escape his eye and trickle slowly down his cheek. He felt Raphael’s hand rest on top of his and lifted his head to meet his eyes.

“Elias I know. Trust me. I know what you’re going through. Take comfort in the fact that Farther allows unnoticed touches and caresses, but don't cross the line. The consequences could be extremely severe. You are a good and caring guardian and it is obvious, even to Farther, that Zachariah is healthier and happier in your care than he has ever been before.”

Elias nodded slowly, still biting back tears. He wanted his boss to understand, desperately.

“But…” He managed, his voice trembling slightly. “He's so alone! He's hurting! I’M hurting! Is there any way… Any way at all that I can…?” He trailed off, gazing into Raphael's eyes, pleading.

His boss seemed to be at war with himself. After a minute, his face let up and he heaved a sigh.

“There is a way. You yourself can chose to become visible to Zachariah and everyone else, but there will be consequences. Not mortally dangerous ones, but not pleasant ones either.

If you choose to reveal yourself to him for any reason you will loose your invisibility and your grace for 10 days. For you, that would open the door to mortal illness because if I do remember correctly, your immune system is not as strong as the rest of the guardians's. So I would not risk it if I were you. I shall breathe none of this to Farther. Whatever you choose to do will be entirely YOUR decision, but be warned. Revealing yourself, connecting more strongly with your ward may in time stir feelings in you that are beyond your control. Tread carefully, Elias. Think about Zachariah. How will he react to all this do you think? The poor kid already believes himself to be mentally disturbed because of your “magically appearing tissues act”, cute, but bold. Consider the consequences Elias, that is all. You are free to go.”

Elias slowly got up from his chair, his legs shaking, his knuckles white from curling them to fists. He nodded his thanks and understanding to his boss and turned towards the door.

“Oh… and Elias?

He turned questioningly.

“Don't lie to me again. Ever!”

Elias nodded apologetically and exited the office. He stepped out onto the silver floor and tapped the “return” button on his remote.

Edited by Juto07ab

<p>I can't quote at the moment so I'll just copy/paste b29

I love this part where Zachariah becomes really emotional:

"Hn'NX'ch! Hhh... He'NXT'choo! Aww thank you. Snf!" He said affectionately, gesturing to the tissues in his hand. His face fell, all amusement gone. "You are always so nice to me, Master Universe. Just like that guy today, Snf!... who helped me and gave me his j-jacket. Hn'NXT'ch! Snf!" He stroked the soft leather of the jacket on the bed beside him. "So soft... So warm... He called me Zachariah. No one calls me Zachariah anymore." Realisation dawned on his face. "How did he know my name?" He sighed deeply and shrugged. "He was probably an imaginary saviour as well. Like you. Snf! I wish you weren't just a fragment of my own imagination. Snf! I could really use someone like you in my life. Snf! Hn'NXCh! Snf! Don't want to be alone anymore." He shook his head, looking down, then picked up his pillow and hugged it close to his chest.

It's so sweet, yet so sad! AHHHH, these parts are all so adorable

Edited by Yume

My heart stopped beating!! That Dream!!!!!!!!

Please don't die on me, I am addicted to your comments and thrilled that you enjoy my stories. :-)

<p>I can't quote at the moment so I'll just copy/paste b29

I love this part where Zachariah becomes really emotional:

It's so sweet, yet so sad! AHHHH, these parts are all so adorable

If you like this, you're gonna love the next 4-6 stories, including the reveal... Oh yeah, it's happening.

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my stories and commenting on them. It means a lot to me that you like it.

You guys might want to maybe prepare your feels. That's the only hint you're gonna get. :P

He he... You are such a tease.

Anyway, here is the first of a series of stories leading up to and including the reveal (and the second reveal - for there are in deed two)!

Enjoy and don't hesitate to leave a comment. I love reading what you think!

Part 23 - Cold

Elias gently swiped his hand through the air as close to his ward's face as he dared, in a feeble attempt to dry off the beads of sweat that had appeared on Zach's forehead, cheeks and upper lip. If only his Zachariah had been asleep, he could have nursed him more thoroughly (and secretly), but Zach was wide awake, staring blankly at nothing, grinding his teeth as he let the fever rage inside him.

Suddenly, he groaned and twisted in bed to muffle a few sneezes into his pillow.

“He’ngx’ch! Hh’nx’shoo!” He rubbed a finger back and forth under his still quivering nostrils a few times and sniffled wetly. Elias looked on in dismay as he considered what he could possibly do to make his ward feel less miserable.

That cold Zach’s body had been trying to fight off for the good part of a week had bloomed overnight, turning a cheerful, healthy and smiling Zachariah into a feverish and sniffling bundle of misery. Every cough was a battle as Zach fought to relieve some of the congestion that had formed in his lungs.

“Your father and I will be out of town for the weekend, try and get some sleep, Ziggy, it will probably do you good”. Those were the words of comfort Zach had received from his mother when she discovered he had caught cold, again. Elias silently cursed his ward's parents for leaving their sick boy at home, alone, while they were off… Drinking alcohol… And doing drugs… Yeah, okay, maybe not such a bad decision after all. This way, at least, Elias could secretly dote on his ward, give him everything he could possibly desire and nurse him back to health in his sleep. The only problem was, Zach didn't seem tired at all, even doped on paracetamols, his stomach full of soup and honey tea, not even after Elias had used his glowing finger to warm his ward through his duvet to put an end to his shivers. Zach was still wide awake, staring glossy eyed and carelessly at nothing.

Elias quickly drew a tissue from his pocket and placed it in his ward's hand as Zach brought it up to pinch his nose.

“Hh”NGX’choo! Ha’EXT’shoo! Snf!” He scrunched his eyes to stare at the tissue in his hand before he balled it up and tossed it on the floor with a sigh.

“What does it matter. Tell me! What does it fucking matter? Who cares that I'm here? Huh? No one! Not even my own parents give a damn about me.”

Elias swallowed hard against the growing lump in his throat. He raised his hand to his ward's face to almost wipe away the moisture under his eyes.

I care, my Zachariah. Every second of every day, my thoughts are about you and only you. Don't be sad my sweet and loveable ward. You are not alone.

The angel’s eyebrows drew together in concern as the boy curled up even further, letting a current of scratchy, wet coughs rip through him. Elias made a mental note to use more Vapo-rub as soon as his ward dozed off.

The guardian sat down by the bed and looked straight into his ward's feverish eyes.

What do you need, my Zachariah? Please, tell me. Besides tissues, that's kinda obvious. Bless you.

“Hn’NX’choo! Snf! You know what I need? Hh…hn’NX’shoo! Snf!”

Elias’s eyes widened in shock. Could Zach hear his thoughts? What do you need Zachariah, tell me.

“One of those guardian angel thingies I just read about for my history class. Yeah, how awesome would that be?”

But I’m right here Zachariah. You do have a guardian angel.

“Someone to make my life less miserable”

That's kinda what I'm doing here though… Me! Your guardian angel.

“If I had one of those, I would feel so much better right now.”

Elias silently punched his chest, faking a twisting knife in his heart. Oooow, way to kill someone’s mojo! Thanks man!

“Yes! My guardian could nurse me, help me, protect me, shield me, keep me warm, fetch me stuff…”

With every single point Zachariah made Elias stabbed his imaginary blade into his chest, over and over, faking a slow and painful death, worthy of any great shakespearean actor. Zachariah continued his verbal assault on his guardian's pride.

“… He would keep me out of the rain, make sure I never leave the house without my jacket or my tissues, he would make me stay home if I was too sick to go to school, he would cheer me up, he would comfort me…”

His rant slowed down as he seemed to consider his own words. Elias stopped his over dramatised suicide to stare at his ward. Was he about to faint? But Zachariah was deep in thought, his eyes darting around his room and landing on the soft leather jacket that hung by his door. The leather jacket given to him by his saviour, a person he never saw, but whose voice he recognised from somewhere.

“.. He would keep me in constant supply of tissues, meds and tea… He would… offer me his… Jacket if I… Needed it.”

Realisation seemed to dawn in him and he glanced nervously around his room.

Elias was at a cross roads. Did Zachariah really know? Had he guessed? Should he reveal himself to his ward now? Risk everything? His grace, his wings, his ward's safety? No! But he wanted to. More than anything.

Before he had time to fully persuade himself, Zach shook his head in amused disbelief!

“God, you're so naive Zach, you idiot! There are no such things as guardian angels. What you suffer from is a particularly weird case of hallucinations, probably due to reoccurring fevers, frying your brain cells. It's kinda sad, actually. Hh… Just deal with… Hh… it!... Hn’NX’ch! Snf! Hi’NGT’choo! Snf!” Slightly cross eyed, he tried to focus on the newly appeared tissue in his hand! “I have to admit that this is strange though. I really must be loosing my mind!”

Zach’s upper body swayed slightly and Elias eyed him anxiously, afraid that he was going to pass out. He could feel the heat radiating off the boy. He wanted to kiss his forehead, test if his fever had gone up, but he didn't dare as long as Zach was wide awake.

Slowly, his ward eased back on his propped up pillows, his eyes staring blankly at the ceiling.

“I'm sorry, Master Universe, I mean no disrespect. Don't worry, I'll be taken away to the psych ward soon enough.”

Elias twisted and untwisted his hands, trying to restrain himself. His ward was in obvious pain, both physically and mentally. He sighed and fisted his hands at his side as he wondered how much longer he could stand this.

TBC.

Edited by Juto07ab

Here's the next part... We're getting there. Not far to go now.

Part 24 - Still cold

Elias carefully loosened his tight finger grip around his ward's wrist, repositioning the limb hand on his sleeping ward's chest before he noted Zach's pulse on a piece of paper in his lap. The guardian had kept close watch on the development of his ward's condition as Zach's cold had taken a turn for the worse. Every hour, the angel would measure Zach's pulse and temperature and write down his ward's food and water intake as well as general notes on his appearance and the sound of his breathing. Elias was at a loss and hoped that his mentor, Izra’il, could help him with a treatment if Elias showed him the notes. The angel glanced up from his scribbles as his still sleeping ward covered his face with his duvet as his breath started hitching. Elias carefully pulled the fabric back down, replacing it with a couple of tissues in front on Zach's nose and mouth as his patient geared up for a few sleepy sneezes.

“Ha’I’choo! Snf! Hept’shoo!” Zach murmured softly as Elias gently wiped his nose with the tissue before tossing it in the bin. The angel leaned his head down, and put his lips close to his ward's ear as he breathed a silent “bless you”. His eyebrows drew together in concern as he felt the increase in heat emitting from his Zachariah. He let out a sad sigh.

I don't know what more to do sweet Zachariah.

Zach stirred and mumbled incoherently in his sleep, his eyelids fluttering slightly. The guardian put his piece of paper on the floor and got up to make his ward a steaming cup of tea that would be in its usual place before Zach woke up.

………………………………………………………………………………………..

Zach slowly opened his eyes, feeling worse than ever. His head felt like it was going to burst from the amount of mucus it kept producing at an alarming rate. He felt a relentless heat behind his eyes pointing to a fever. His nose was in a constant state of tickles now that he was awake, but his nostrils felt raw from the amounts of tissues that more or less constantly brushed them.

He barely had a second to grab a tissue from the box beside the bed before a round of harsh sounding and rather forceful sneezes overtook him.

"Hh'NGX'ch! Hh... Hn'KGT'ch! A'HNX'choo! Hh...hhh... Hh'HNXT'ch! He'NXT'choo! Hh... Hhh... He'ENGXT'choo!” He groaned as the sneezes scratched painfully in his throat, making his lungs tighten uncomfortably. He buried his mouth in the tissues and let out a wet cough. One cough followed quickly behind the first, and Zach had to grip his bedside table for support as the coughing fit ripped through him. He accidentally knocked over the glass of water that was waiting for him, spilling its content on the floor.

When the fit finally let up, Zachariah rolled to the edge of his bed, looking at the wet floor in search if something nearby to sop up the spilled water. His eyes fell on a piece of paper and he reached out and took it, letting his eyes quickly scan the page to see what scribbles that would serve as a mop. It took him a second to realise that the writing was not his own incomprehensible scribbles. He squinted his eyes and tried to read what it said.

“Tuesday:

Parents left for work, taking no notice.

Fever 103.5. Fever chills, fever dreams.

Sips water, no solid food since Sunday evening.

Cough sounds harsh and wet, leaves him wheezing.

Vapo-rup every 4 hours.

Paracetamols every 4 hours.

Pulse 85 (normally 68).”

Zach stared shocked at the piece of paper. What the hell was this about? Was someone watching him? Keeping tabs on him? Obviously that someone had been in his room. From the note he could deduce that his parents had nothing to do with this, that they might not even know he was still sick. Could it be Simon? Zach had no trouble believing it, but how did he manage to get in?

He heard the sound of boiling water coming from the kitchen and a bustle of kitchen ware.

Zach got out of bed, meaning to confront Simon in the kitchen. As soon as he stood his head started spinning. He took an involuntary step forward, trying to steady himself, but the movement seemed the worsen his dizziness. The room around him began to swim and he couldn't make it stop. The last thing he felt before he nearly blacked out was a pair of strong arms encircling him, lifting him and placing him carefully back on the bed. A voice, deep and melodious whispered soothingly in his ear.

“It's gonna be okay, my Zachariah. I've got you. What were you doing out of bed anyway?”

Zach felt a rising panic as his mind drifted off towards the nothingness. He had a stalker and it was NOT Simon! He fought hard against the enclosing nothingness, his mind already turning hazy. He wanted answers and he wanted them now!

Edited by Juto07ab

O.o

o______o

O////////A\\\\\\\\o

Eeeeeeeeeeeeepppppppppp!!!!

AHHHHHH QAQ

IT'S HAPPENING

THIS IS SO AMAZING :o

Meh's warning was correct...

SERIOUS FEELS ;^;; //SOBS

Awww... You guys are the best. Thank you so much for your comments.

Here's the next part. Sorry, no sneezes, but a fever dream... Or is it...? :-)

I'm leaving on Saturday for a couple of weeks, and I really, REALLY, want to have at least the first reveal up by then... I'm working on it... It's coming...

On with the next part. Enjoy, and comment if you like.

Part 25 - Anger

In a haze of fever hallucinations, vaguely aware that he was sitting on his own bed in his own room Zach’s mind drifted through a thick fog of emptiness, searching for a pair of sapphire eyes, listening for that deep rich voice he had heard so many times in his dreams. Time to set the record straight, creep! He called out, his voice barely audible through the fog.

“I know you're here. Who the hell are you? Why are you in my room? SHOW YOURSELF DAMMIT!”

“I'm right here.”

Zach jumped, startled as the voice sounded in front of him, very close by, he inclined his head and his eyes locked on a pair of blazing blue gemstones shrouded in fog. Anger welled up in him. Time to face his stalker.

“What the hell is your game, man?”

“Excuse me?” The voice sounded surprised, hurt even.

“Who are you? WHAT are you?”

“ I am your guardian an-“

“By guardian you mean stalker!”

“What? No, I've protected you, kept an eye on you when-“

“Like a stalker!”

“Zachariah, no! Please listen.” The voice hesitated. Still sounding surprised at his anger. “I've been with you when you were sick, helping you ge-“

“Been with me? Like, in my room? Every time I was sick? Do you have any idea how creepy that sounds?!”

“N-no! I was helping you. I provided you with tissues, nursed you when you slept, vapo-rubbed your che-“

“You vapo-rubbed my… You TOUCHED ME? While I SLEPT? What kind of sick, twisted being are you?”

“No, Zachariah, it wasn't like that, I was just…”

“No no no no! You don't get to “just” anything! Leave me the hell alone, you freak!

“ZACHARIAH BENEDICT, WILL YOU PLEASE SHUT UP AND LISTEN TO ME?!” The voice thundered through the air. Zach was stunned into silence, cringing as fierce blue eyes bored into his.

He hesitated, still fuming, still feeling violated, but curious nonetheless. He nodded slowly. The sapphires softened their stare and the voice turned soothing, deep and rich as always.

“Zachariah, I am your guardian angel. My name is Elias. I was sent here by Raphael, the Patron God of health and protection to assist you in any way I possibly could. You were sick and miserable and I did everything I could possibly think of to ease your discomfort. Call me a stalker if you will, it's true to a certain extent. I have stayed close to you, unseen and unheard, but it has all been for the purpose of taking care of you. Zachariah, you are my ward and I am sworn to protect you from harm, from illness, from nightmares, you name it! I am here for you, Zachariah, to provide you with anything you could possibly need that is in my power grant you!”

Zach contemplated the words. His hazy mind tried to fit the missing pieces of the puzzle with the facts he had just been presented. A blurry picture was forming.

“So, the magically appearing tissues… That was you?”

“Yes”

“The odd attempts to make me stay home from school?”

“Only when I deduced you too sick to go, yes. Not an easy task if I remember correctly.”

“The jacket? That was you too?”

“Yes. One of my prouder moments, I have go admit. I'm glad you kept it.”

Zach hesitated. The final piece of the puzzle slowly falling into place.

“So… You are my… Master Universe?”

The sapphire eyes smiled and Zach heard an amused chuckle.

“Yes, you enjoyed calling me that, and I have no objection whatsoever.”

Zach's face fell, realisation and despair punching him hard in the stomach!

“But you are not real!” It was a statement as clear as day in Zach’s mind. He had always known that to be the truth. It had all been a delusion, a hallucination, a way for him to cope with his miserable life, alone. He wanted it to be real, more than anything, but essentially, he was truly afraid to loose his mind!

“Excuse me?”

“You're just a creature of my imagination, spawned by my fevered mind in attempt to cope with being sick and miserable all the time. You're not real. There are no such things as guardian angels. It's all just in my mind. You're not real.” Zach continued to chant as his mind panicked. This was it, he really had lost it now! When they realised how mental he was, they would lock him up for sure.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

Elias rushed forward to wrap his arms and wings around his feverish ward as the younger man rocked back and forth, his fingers boring into his skull, eyes shut tight, his mind stuck in a fever hallucination, chanting over and over. “You are not real. There are no such things as guardian angels. It's all just in my head, I've gone insane. You're not real. You're not real.”

Elias sped through the conversation that had just taken place between himself and a semi unconscious and still very feverish Zachariah. At some point, his ward had broken. Elias couldn't for the life of him imagine why. Zach's anger towards him still stung painfully in his chest, but he discarded it, focusing only on calming his sick and chanting ward.

Zach’s voice had gone high-pitched and he was shaking violently. Elias tightened his grip around his poor boy, rubbing soothing circles on his back, murmuring soft words of comfort in his ear.

Suddenly, he felt Zach’s weak arms lock around his own and the angel found himself being pushed away.

“N-no Zachariah please, please let me help you.”

His ward fought feebly against the angel’s embrace, tears streaming down from his eyes as he started to shout in a barely audible voice.

“YOU NEED TO GO! LEAVE ME ALONE! I DON’T WANT TO GO INSANE! I CAN’T TAKE IT ANYMORE. YOU’RE NOT REAL! YOU WERE NEVER REAL! GET OUT OF MY HEAD!”

The angel jumped up an backed away, startled by Zach's sudden outburst. He retreated to the foot of the bed, shocked and hurt by Zach’s rejection. He was barely registering how Zach's chanting became a low, incomprehensible mumble as his patient drifted fully into unconsciousness.

Elias sunk to the floor, letting his tears flow freely. Pushed away! Unwanted! Rejected! He didn't really know how to go on from here.

All will be well... Have no fear... :-)

Edited by Juto07ab