Sneeze Fetish Forum

Guardian Angel (original fiction, M/M)

Juto

Aghh I need the reveal man do you know what you're putting us through *cries*

Kinda... *inserts evil laugh*... I tested it on Meh first :-) sorry I'm so cruel.

Just realised the next drabble IS the first reveal.

*sings* paaaaatiiieeeencceeeeeee :-)

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Juto

• Arty

• Subtly Clashing Wishes

• Kaze Wo Hiku

Waaaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! My feels!!!!

That kinda was the reaction I was going for... Thank you!! :-) More to come soon, I promise. :-)

If that was too much for you guys I have to say you're pretty much screwed. Your feels are gonna break altogether. Lord knows mine have. ^_^ Well good luck handling the next part and may the strongest person keep their scarred feels! :D

Hnnnng when do you think you'll have it out?? *becomes really pushy*

Ha ha ha can't wait? Uhm... Give me like.. 10 minutes? Also. You'll have the Middle part and the second reveal before I leave tomorrow. Scouts honour. Trust me, I am as excited to know what you think about it as your are reading it. I can't wait either.

If that was too much for you guys I have to say you're pretty much screwed. Your feels are gonna break altogether. Lord knows mine have. ^_^ Well good luck handling the next part and may the strongest person keep their scarred feels! :D

He he he, I adore your almost spoiler alerts! They should really come with a brown bag to hyperventilate into.

*inserts drumroll*

*inserts dramatic entrance*

Welcome to THE FIRST REVEAL!!!

Enjoy. And comment please, I'm nervous!!

Part 26 - The first reveal

Zach was still floating around, limbless in the inescapable darkness. Despite the pain in his head and the burning sensation behind his eyes, he felt reason and sanity return to his mind.

Fragments of a conversation swam back into his memory. He remembered being extremely angry about something, but now, he couldn't quite remember what. His own mind had merely tried to protect him, why had he become so angry? It wasn't like any of it had been real anyway… Right?! There was no such thing as guardian angels. And yet, on some level, Zach felt he owed his Master Universe an apology. His own mind had made him this way, it was hardly his imaginary saviours fault. He tried to open his mouth to speak, but his lips and voice were unresponsive. He needed to apologise, it was the right thing to do. He had after all greatly enjoyed the benefits of his mental state. Was being insane really so bad? The more he thought about it, the more he realised that if insanity could grant him a nursing caretaker that in deed seemed to care about him, he would accept it, gladly. He didn't want to be alone anymore.

He fought hard against the restrains that seemed to have trapped his muscles. He had to apologise, he had to make things right. He wanted his guardian. Wanted him more than sanity, more than anything. A name suddenly swam into memory, a name he desperately needed to say out loud.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

For several hours, Elias had been sitting on the floor of Zach's room, still in shock from Zach’s fever hallucination and rant, feeling incredibly hurt and rejected. He had glanced up every now and again to confirm that his ward was still in his bed, a movement that had been the only change in his dead still form. His mind had only been able to focus on Zachariah's manic chanting, the way he had been pushed away! The way he had been rejected!

But something wholly unexpected happened.

“E-Elias?” The sound of his name, coming from his ward, slowly pulled the angel out of his personal hell. Elias looked up. Zach was still lying on the bed, his eyes fluttering, opening and closing as if Zach fought hard against sleep. His voice had been feeble, barely more than a whisper.

Had he heard right? He couldn't possibly. He must have imagined it. His ward had rejected him, why would he be calling his name?

“Elias?” There it was again, a bit louder than before. He had seen Zach's lips move as his name sounded. Maybe he hadn't imagined it? The angel got slowly to his feet, his eyes never leaving his ward's face. What should he do know? Continue as before? Remain the secret behind the magically appearing tissues act? Somehow, that future no longer seemed possible. Elias couldn't stand it anymore, he was either going to risk everything by revealing himself to Zachariah or he was giving up his guardianship. He closed his eyes as the mere thought of the latter tore painfully at his heart. There was no way in hell or the heavens that he could ever leave his ward. To his great joy, his ward seemed to agree.

“M’sorry… M’not mad… Please don't leave me.” Sleep was slurring Zach's voice. The angel watched as his ward struggled to open his eyes. When they finally did they were full of tears. Zach was staring straight at him, as if he knew exactly where he was. “Please Elias,” His Zachariah was begging him, his cloudy eyes raining their sadness. “I want you, I want my guardian.”

That did it for Elias. The decision was made. The angel raised his arms towards the ceiling, whispering a prayer to Forcas, the Patron God of Invisibility.

“Forcas, I wish to become visible. I am fully aware of the consequential loss of grace and I accept it gladly. Grant me visibility so that I can truly be the guardian my ward requires me to be.”

The angel closed his eyes, momentarily blinded as an angelic white light burst from his body into every corner of the room. The light quickly died down and Elias glanced down at himself. He looked exactly the same, but he felt different, he couldn't quite put his finger on it. He glanced over his shoulder. His wings were gone, he had truly lost grace, he was visible.

He returned his gaze to his ward, expecting to see a mask of shock, but Zach's eyes were closed, his hands shielding his face from the light that was now almost gone. The angel smiled in relief and moved closer, positioning himself on the bed next to his ward.

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

Spots in many different colours were still dancing in Zach's vision even though his eyes were closed. The bright, white light had been most unexpected and slightly unnerving.

He felt a tug on his arm and allowed it to be pulled away from his face. He slowly opened his eyes, coloured spots still filling his vision, but no amount of coloured spots could blur out the blazing blue sapphires that shone down upon him beneath a mass of pitch black hair, sticking out at all angles. Zach's mouth fell open in amazement. He had no idea his imagination could create something so… He shook his head, beautiful wasn't the right word, angelic more like, but still masculine. If this was truly insanity, he welcomed it. He braced his arms against the mattress, fighting to sit up. The man in front of him chuckled and gently took hold of his hands, pulling him up into a sitting position.

“Better?”

Zach was speechless as the voice he had heard so many times in his dreams suddenly spoke to him from an unknown face. Or was it? He recognised the eyes, for sure. But not the rest of the face. He seemed familiar somehow, as if Zach had known him for a long time. The sapphire eyes grew concerned as they scrutinised his face, then they relaxed, reflecting the growing smile from the lips. The man, (Elias? His Master Universe?) drew a tissue and gently placed it on Zach's nose. Zach's eyes asked an unvoiced question.

“Just give it a minute” Elias chimed, apparently amused.

“He’I’choo! Hept’shoo! Snf!”

“There you go, bless you. Feel better?” His guardian gently squeezed his nose through the tissue and wiped it clean.

Zach had a hard time constructing a sentence as his mind spun uncomfortably. The little energy he had spent on sneezing had left him dizzy and breathless. His lungs tightened and he turned away from Elias to cough mercilessly into the crook of his elbow. Strong arms were around him in a heartbeat, holding him upright as he continued to cough. Once finished, he did not have a single drop of energy left in his body. He slouched back against Elias, panting hard. He felt a pair of cool lips brush his sweaty forehead and he leaned further into the embrace.

“My Gods, you're burning up Zachariah, how in the seven heavens have I let you to become this sick? Stay here, I'll just get you some wa-“ he released his hold and went to stand up, but Zach wouldn't let him. Despite his sore muscles he quickly wrapped his arms around Elias’s waist, fighting to keep him.

“N-no! Stay, please! Hn’nx’ch! Snf! Stay! Hept’ch!” He muffled his sneezes into his saviours shirt, refusing to let the older boy go.

“Hey hey, it's okay. Bless you. I'll just get you some wa-“

“Don't WANT! Stay… Please!” His voice was nothing but a high-pitched whisper, but the plea was undeniable. Zachariah was begging him not to let him go as he felt his mind drift off again, unable to keep the nothingness at bay any longer. He clung on to his imagination for dear life, afraid that if he got up and left, he would never come back.

“Want you…” Were the last words he uttered before the darkness dragged him down. Despite the nothingness that hurriedly rushed up to engulf him, he still felt wrapped in a loving embrace, gently rocking back and forth.

Edited by Juto07ab

As promised, here's the next chapter.

Part 27 - Mentor

Elias sat on the bed, cradling his sick and unconscious ward in his arms, his waist still lovingly trapped in Zach’s arms. Tears were slowly trickling down his cheeks, liquid emotions made up off 50% anxiety and 50% pure joy. He brought his lips to his ward’s sweaty temple, sighing in despair at the wall of heat he encountered and changed his tear ratio to a 75%/25%.

The graceless angel tried to free himself from Zach’s arms, causing Zach to stir and let out a panicked “N-no! No! No!” whisper. Elias awkwardly scooped Zach up into his arms and carried the unconscious ward to the bathroom, retrieving the thermometer and gently putting it underneath Zach’s tongue after Elias had placed himself with Zachariah in his arms on the edge of the bathtub.

The thermometer beeped. 105. Elias’s dead heart felt like a rock in his chest. This was bad, really bad. He felt Zachariah shiver slightly in his arms and hugged him tight as the younger boy shook violently while a nasty cough tried to rip his lungs to shreds. He buried his face in his ward's curly hair. He needed help, now. He needed to see Izra’il.

He walked back into the bedroom carefully lowering his ward onto the bed. He gently pulled Zach’s arms from around his waist, trying to tune out his patient’s whimpering “n-no no” as he swiftly wrapped him in his duvet and scooped him up in his arms again. Zach was still whimpering softly, feebly struggling to free himself. The guardian touched his forehead to Zach’s as he softly tried to shush his ward back to sleep.

“Shh shh shh. It's okay my Zachariah, I'm taking you to someone who can get you better. Let me just… Ohh…aww, okay.” Elias smiled affectionately at his ward as the boy had managed to free his arms from their hold and wrap them tightly around Elias’s neck, tucking his head under the guardian's chin. Zach’s whimpering stopped immediately and he let out a content sigh. Elias kissed his curly crown, nuzzling his hair with his nose. “Aw, my Zachariah, do you have any idea how long I have yearned to hold you like this? Only, in my visions, you were healthy. Feel better now?”

In reply, Zachariah pressed his face into the guardian’s chest, letting his breath hitch slightly before releasing a few soft sneezes into Elias’s shirt.

“Heing’tcho! Snf! Hept’scho! Snf! M’sorry. Snf!”

“Bless you. Alright, we’re leaving. Hang on tight.”

Elias took the remote from his jeans pocket and pressed the 5th button. He closed his eyes and hugged Zach closer. When he opened his eyes again he was standing on a delicately carved “5” on the floor. The bundle in his arms shivered slightly.

“He’I’scho! Snf!”

Elias brushed his lips to his ward's forehead, receiving a soft murmur in response and quickly made his way to his mentor Izra’il’s office at the end of the large corridor to his right.

The office door was open and Elias peeked inside, keeping his body and the patient in his arms behind the doorframe, hidden from view. Izra’il was sitting at his desk, arranging vials of brightly coloured liquids, but he looked up as he noticed his favourite student’s face in his door.

……………………………………………………………

“Elias, my dear boy, what brings you here?”

“Sorry to disturb you mentor, but could you possibly spare a moment?”

“Of course of course, come on in. Glass of nectar?”

The mentor rose from his chair and turned his back on Elias as he went to a small desk in the corner retrieving a bottle of what looked to be liquid honey and two crystal glasses.

“So, how do you find your guardianship?” He asked over his shoulder, out the corner of his eye he saw the angel step into the office. “Have you been able to use any of the methods I taught you? How is your ward by the way? Zachariah, was it? A tough case that one, rarely have I seen anyone in such need of a guardian. I hope he isn't giving you too much tro-“ Izra’il had turned around, holding 2 glasses of nectar. His eyes immediately fell upon the bundled up form in his student’s arms. Concern and anger flared up in him.

“WHY IN THE SEVEN HEAVENS AND EVERYTHING BENEATH DID YOU BRING YOUR WARD HERE?” He put the glasses down and walked briskly up to Elias.

“Do you realise the danger you put him in? Too long here and he’ll die!” The mentor stopped abruptly, noticing a change in his student’s aura, and even more noticeable, his featherless back. “Elias, did you reveal yourself to him? Did you loose your grace? Why in the name of Father would you-“

The mentor was interrupted as the bundle in Elias’s arms started coughing harshly and Izra’il’s features softened as he witnessed the display of affection unfolding before his eyes.

Elias sunk to his knees on the floor, cradling his coughing ward on his lap as he rubbed soothing circles on his back with one hand and brushed the damp hair out if his eyes with the other, all the while whispering soothing words and brushing kisses on the top of his ward’s head. When the coughing let up, Zachariah whined, “Hurts, Elias”.

His guardian gently rocked him back and forth as he pulled his ward’s arms back up around his neck. “I know, my darling Zachariah, I know. I'll get you better I promise.” Elias pulled a tissue from his pocket and balled it around Zach’s nose as the younger man’s breath started to hitch.

“He’I’choo! Snf! He’ngx’shu! Oow! Hurts, Elias.”

“Bless you Zachariah, I know. Just hang in there.”

The guardian raised a pair of wet sapphire eyes to his mentor, a single drop of moisture escaped and trickled slowly down his cheek. His voice was pleading, begging.

“Please Izra’il, I don't know what to do. Please help him.”

The mentor, stunned by what he had just witnessed, quickly composed himself and crouched down in front of Elias, placing his hand on Zachariah's forehead. A dim blue light shone from his palm.

“Hmm… Severe case of pneumonia. Not much you CAN do, he needs proper medicine.” He withdrew his hand. “Get up, get out. I wasn't kidding when I said that he would die here if he stayed too long.”

“WHAT? How…?”

“Well, technically he would have to die to enter heaven right? But you brought him in through a back door, so it takes a while for death to catch up, but you need to leave, now!”

“A-are you coming with me? Please Izra’il, I really need your he-“

“Of course I'm gonna help you, you graceless fool!” Despite the accusation, Elias could hear the affection and concern in his mentor’s voice. “You’re not really giving me much choice are you? Coming here to my office carrying THAT, being all affectionate and worried. C’mon. Let's go before Father finds out you were here.” The mentor grabbed a purple vial from his desk before ushering his student and the coughing bundle through the corridor and onto the 5th heaven platform.

Back in the bedroom, Elias breathed a sigh of relief as he looked at his sleeping ward. A mere 10 minutes after Izra’il had given him the proper medicine, Zachariah's fever had gone down, he was no longer wheezing and he even looked peaceful in his sleep. He looked up as Izra’il caught this attention, gesturing for him to join him in the hallway, out of Zach's earshot, in case he woke.

The mentor placed a hand on his student’s shoulder, his eyes soft but wary. “You did the right thing asking for my help, I doubt he could have fought this illness in his own, even with your help. But bringing your ward with you was beyond foolish, why in the seven heavens did you –“ he held up his hand, stopping himself. “No, wait, that's obvious by now”. He sighed deeply, his eyes staring intensely into Elias’s. “The real question is, how deeply are you…” He trailed off, as he noticed the look in Elias’s deep, blazing blue eyes. The gemstones were so full of longing and affection as his gaze turned back to his ward. The mentor shook his head slightly. “Oh, heavens!”, He sighed and padded his student’s shoulder. “Don't forget what happened during training. Your immune system will not fare well without the protection of grace. And you, being so close with your sick ward…” He trailed off again. Elias’s face grew serious and he nodded knowingly, fully remembering how he had fainted in class during a virus simulation and how vulnerable he would be to illnesses without his grace.

He turned his head to meet his mentors caring gaze.

“It doesn't matter Izra'il, he’s worth it!”

Edited by Juto07ab

AHHH GOSH WHY I WAS SMILING SO HARD WHILE I WAS READING THIS

IT'S FINALLY HAPPENING YESSSSSSSSSS

After reading the chapter name, "The first reveal", I sort of died and stayed that way until the very end of both chapters Q_Q

Your writing is beautiful, as always ;v;

I owe a huge amount of 'thank you's" to Meh. Without her advice and guidance, 'the reveal' would not have turned out this way!! So THANK YOU MY ANGELICAL CHEERLEADER!! Your support means the world to me!!!

AHHH GOSH WHY I WAS SMILING SO HARD WHILE I WAS READING THIS

IT'S FINALLY HAPPENING YESSSSSSSSSS

After reading the chapter name, "The first reveal", I sort of died and stayed that way until the very end of both chapters Q_Q

Your writing is beautiful, as always ;v;

It means so much to me that you guys liked it, I would hate to disappoint after the entire story was leading up to this point. I was sooooo nervous when I posted it! I really felt like I had something to live up to. Thank you so much for your wonderful comment.

WOOOO FIRST REVEAL THANK YOU OMG

You are very much welcome. The second reveal will be up shortly, and since our plans have been delayed a couple of hours.... *ahem* maybe there will be another before I leave. *croses fingers*

:rip:

We are gathered here today to honour the life and love of one of the greatest commenter of this forum. Her talents, her request and her supportive attitude will be surely be missed.

In the name of the sneezers, the stiflers and the cold-ridden nose blowers. Amen!

Seriously though, just finished reading about Adrian and Callum, remember those? The most adorable Scottish couple crushing on each other and cuddling during colds? I saw that drawing you did and I MELTED!!!!!! It was a piece of art, so beautiful and heartwarming. You are really talented. Just wanted to let you know!!!!!

You never did do the teddy bear drawing did you? Just wondering.

Edited by Juto07ab

Aaaaaaaaaand here's the next part.

Part 28 - The second reveal

Zach was in the slow process of waking up. After what had seemed like hours of struggle, he had reached the point where his mind was awake, yet not enough for him to open his eyes. His memory of the last few days seemed hazy. He knew he had been sick and that his fever had been through the roof. He couldn't recall a time he had felt poorer. His fever dreams had seemed so real, it was almost scary. His heart dropped to his stomach as he remembered the name, the feeling of protection and comfort, God, and that voice. It had all just been a fever hallucination.

He should be relieved to conclude that he had no weird stalker angel, but truth be told, he wanted him to be real, more than he could possibly say.

He forced his eyes open, scanning the room for sapphire eyes and pitch black unruly hair. Nothing! He wanted to call out the name in his head, but he didn't. He was just a silly teenager hoping his imaginary friend would come and stay with him. Stupid! And yet, Zachariah was having a hard time holding back his tears. A tiny hope flared up in him as a tickle announced its presence in his nostrils. He tilted his head back, coaxing the sneeze out. He slowly brought a hand up to pinch his nose, silently praying to find a tissue there by the time he was done.

“Hn’NX’ch! Snf! He’EKGT’shu! Snf!” He slowly pulled back his hand, wishing, hoping, but in vain. His hand was empty. His head snapped up as a heard a soft knock on his door.

“Elias” he whispered, cringing at his own silliness, but he couldn't quite deny the warmth that spread throughout his entire body as he said the name out loud. He couldn't for the life of him figure out how his hazy mind had come up with such a name.

The door opened slowly, Zach’s heart was racing. Please! Please! Please! The chestnut coloured curls of his mother appeared in the door, followed by the rest of her slightly sunken and reddened face.

“Hey Ziggy. Still in bed?” Zach closed his eyes in despair, hating himself for even hoping.

“Yeah mum. Don't fe-hh-el so good. Hn’GKX’cho! S’cuse me.”

“Aww poor Ziggy. Try and get some sleep. Your father is working late tonight and I have to go see a friend after work. There’s still some soup in the cupboard, right?”

Zachariah closed his eyes and groaned internally. He was all to familiar with the translation of his mothers words. ‘Your father will go out and get drunk and I have to smoke some weed with my bff, so, soup for one?!’ He was left to care for himself, as usual.

“Sure mum.”

To Zach's great surprise his mother stepped into his room and sat down on the edge of his bed, brushing his curls away from his forehead. “Why do you look so sad, Ziggy?”

Zach felt tears well up in his eyes. He wanted to hug his mother tight, to cry his heart out, to tell her all about the fever dreams and his imaginary saviour whom he wanted more than anything else in the world. But he didn't. He kept it bottled up, knowing full well that this was just some brief encounter of motherly affection. That tomorrow, she would be back to her usual zombie state of post-drug-use, not giving a rats ass about anything. He sighed and put on a brave face, not to spare her feelings, but to protect himself against the neglect that was sure to come.

“M’fine mum. Just a dream. Sleep sounds nice, I think I might just try that.”

“Sleep tight then.” She got up and left, leaving Zachariah alone. Unable to keep his tears at bay any longer he curled up like a ball, hugging himself tight in a feeble attempt to not break apart entirely.

…………………………………….

Elias was fuming, violently angry with himself. He had got up before Zach had woken to arrange the usual tray of tea, paracetamols, water and a few pieces of toast, hoping that his ward would finally try to eat something. He had completely forgot that he was now visible to Zach's parents who were bustling around the house, getting ready for work. He had been forced to hide in the empty rooms, tiptoeing around corners to avoid being seen. He noticed Zach's mother going into his room, but she came back out rather quickly, leaving the guardian to deduce that his ward was probably still asleep.

When Elias was sure that both parents were out of the house, he quickly put his tray together, adding a fresh box of tissues and headed up to the bedroom. Half way up the stairs, the sound of Zach's crying stopped him dead in his tracks. Oh no no no! That sound was unacceptable! He ran up the stairs, as quickly as the wobbling tray in his hands would allow it. He put it down on the floor as soon as he was in Zach's bedroom.

The sight of his curled up ward, crying his eyes out created a big lump in Elias’s throat.

He sat on his knees on the floor next to the bed and started nuzzling Zachariah’s hair and upper back.

“Hey hey…what’s wrong? Are you in pain? I got you some more paracetamols and another dose of your pneumonia meds, they should help.”

Zach immediately stopped crying and his eyes shot up and stared straight into Elias’s. Elias stared back, still rubbing his back gently. Zach’s mouth fell open slightly, but the boy looked unable to speak. Elias wondered what could possibly be going through his mind.

“What's wrong Zachariah? Please tell me. Was it your mother? What did she say to you? Did she hurt you? Zachariah, please tell me, I-“

“Hn’GX’ch! Snf! Snf! Ha’INGT’ch! Snf!”

“Aww, hey, bless you. Here.” He grabbed a few fresh tissues and gently wiped Zach's nose as the younger man made no move to accept them, he just continued to stare. Elias tossed the tissues and returned the stare, unsure of his next move. The minutes dragged on, Elias continued his soothing back rub as he waited for Zachariah to speak or show some kind of acknowledgement. After a full 10 minutes of nothing but staring (and sneezing), Elias truly began to worry that his ward was experiencing some sort of mental breakdown. Then, all of a sudden, Zach blinked, his gaze turning from confusion to realisation.

“You're real!”

Elias looked at his ward, utterly confused. It hadn't been a question, but a statement. Was Zach still trying to convince himself? Could he possibly still believe that he was going insane? The thought made him swallow hard against the growing lump in his throat.

He carefully, slowly, reached out and took his ward's hand, bringing it to his face, letting the slightly shivering fingers touch his cheek, brush his nose and rest on his neck. He stared deeply into Zachariah's eyes as he spoke, willing his sane ward to understand.

“Yes, Zachariah. I am real. I have been your guardian angel for the past 6 months. I have been with you every single day, helping you, taking care of you, nursing you and protecting you. I have been with you in sickness and in health… Well sickness mostly.” He let his lips curve up in a smile, but it quickly faded as he noticed that his ward’s shocked expression had not changed one bit. He decided to try a different approach. He removed his ward's hand from his face and placed it on Zach’s own forehead.

“Do you feel very feverish, Zachariah?” His ward still looked utterly confused, but not unwilling to answer, hesitantly though.

“N-no”

“No”, Elias repeated. “Thank the gods for that.” He smiled again, bringing his fingers to the soft flesh of Zach's earlobe, pinching him with his nails.

“Oow! What the-“

“Are you awake?”

“Uhm, yes.”

“Good, I thought so. Now look around. Do you see anything out of the ordinary, except from me obviously.” He regarded Zachariah as the younger man let his eyes move slowly around the room, still confused. “Any dancing purple elephants? Hippos in tutus? ANYTHING that could point towards insanity?”

Zach lowered his gaze, letting the words sink in. “N-no… I guess not.”

“Then please believe me when I tell you that you are most definitely NOT insane. I am real, Zachariah. I am here, with you, in your room, right now. You are not alone anymore, my sweet ward, you will never-“

The guardian’s convincing monologue was abruptly interrupted as Zach flung himself at him, wrapping his arms around his shoulders, burying his face in his neck as he started sobbing again.

Despite his ward’s sobs, Elias couldn't help the smile that slowly spread across his face. He was visible, he was wanted and he had Zachariah in his arms… At last!

Edited by Juto07ab

JESUS TAKE THE WHEEL

Ha ha ha... Did I drive you off course?

Psst! *spoiler alert... Guess who's sneezing in the next couple of drabbles...

Thank you for still reading. I hope you'll enjoy.

*From the grave*

Ah yes.....I remember them....I was meaning to draw the teddy bear scene but I got distracted. :lol: and that eulogy, thanks! :heart:

Now.....that reveal....my goodness.

*comes back a zombie*

BRAINS!!!!!!!! BRAINS! !!!!!!!!!!!

Translation: omg!!!!!!! Omg!!!!!!!!!!

*From the grave*

Ah yes.....I remember them....I was meaning to draw the teddy bear scene but I got distracted. :lol: and that eulogy, thanks! :heart:

Now.....that reveal....my goodness.

*comes back a zombie*

BRAINS!!!!!!!! BRAINS! !!!!!!!!!!!

Translation: omg!!!!!!! Omg!!!!!!!!!!

I love your comments Arty, please don't ever stop :-)

I'm so thrilled that you enjoyed it.

Oki last Drabble ( for now) I'm leaving the sad weather behind in exchange for... More sad weather approximately 200 km South of where I live! Sad! I know!

Here's a little explanatory silliness.. And a teaser for what is to come when I return.

Thank you so much to all who have read my weirdness so far and especially to those who have commented. I will return with more, I promise (I don't think Meh would forgive me if I didnt!) :-)

Here is it. Sorry about the length. This is SO NOT a Drabble thread! Please don't hate me!

Part 29 - Post reveal awkwardness

Zach’s sobs finally let up and Elias gently dried his eyes with a tissue before lifting him up and putting him back in his bed. Before he had let go Zach's shoulders started to quiver slightly and he curled inwards to release a few sneezes.

“He’ext’cho! Ng’xt’ch! Snf! Sorry, they came out of nowhere.”

The guardian smiled and wrapped Zach in his duvet to stop his post-sneeze-shivers.

“Bless you. Need a tissue?” He offered the box to Zach, who took one, smiling wickedly.

“I'm surprised it isn't in my hand already. You know, you've set the bar pretty high for yourself!” Elias returned his smile and placed the box of tissues in Zach's lap.

“You seem more at ease with the situation. Have I managed to convinced you that you are in fact… Sane!?” Zach lowered his gaze, an embarrassed flush creeping into his cheeks.

“Well, I decided that… As long as you were here… It didn't really matter.” He peeked up at Elias through his thick mass of curls. The guardian couldn't help but smile at his ward's insecurity.

“Have no fear Zachariah. I'm not going anywhere.” He reached up to brush a few stray curls from his ward’s forehead before leaning down to gently press his lips against Zach’s brow. To his great joy, Zach leaned in, intensifying the gesture. The guardian pulled back, looking down at him. He gently stroked the soft spot between Zach’s eyebrows, sensing a little tension and Zach winced slightly at the touch. Elias’s eyebrows drew together in concern.

“Do you have a headache?”.

Zach squinted his eyes and cocked his head to the side in suspicion.

“How can you tell?”.

Elias shrugged, smiling sweetly.

“You tense up right here…” He stroked the spot again and Zach winced slightly. “… And you wince when I touch it. Even in your sleep.” Zach couldn't help but smile.

“Spoken like a true stalker, Master Universe.”

Elias got up and went to retrieve the tray he had sat down on the floor by the door. He brought it to the bed and handed Zach the painkillers and the glass of water. Zach stared perplexed at the items in his hands and glanced to the side, looking at the place on his nightstand where these items would normally be waiting for him when he woke during an illness. Zach let out a small whistle.

“You have no idea how freaky this is for me.” He popped the pills in his mouth and washed them down.

Elias smiled again and quickly swopped the glass in Zach's hand with a couple of tissues. “Bless you”

“Wha-hh… Ha’ngx’c-how could you possibly know that? He’gxt’ch! Snf!” It was Elias’s turn to blush with embarrassment. “I-I’ve had time to study your facial expressions in detail. It's… My job! YOU… Are my job.”

“Right, so how does this work exactly, this…?”

“Guardianship!”

“If that's what you prefer. Sounds better than stalkership anyway.”

Elias chuckled lightly, at least his ward could joke about it.

“Well, I am your guardian, you are my ward. I am here to help, protect and care for you. Whatever you need that is in my power to grant.”

“Like my personal servant?”

“No… Guardian.”

“Like some sort of nurse?”

“Nooo… GUARDIAN! Here, I'll give you an example. Remember Simon? How he got a liiiiittle too affectionate and you asked me to take care of it and then he was suddenly called into a meeting, remember?”

Zach's eyes widened in surprise. “That was you?”

“You asked me to do something, and I did.”

“So you have to do as I say?”

“Oh no no! Far from it. I have to act in your best interest, like, making you stay home from school when you are obviously to sick to go.”

Zach's eyes widened even further. “You BROKE my mother’s mirror to make me stay home from school?”

“Nooo… YOU broke your mothers mirror when you threw the door handle in anger. I mended the mirror. That it finally made you give in and stay home was a happy coincidence.”

“So, I have to do as YOU say?”

“No no! I can't interfere with your free will.”

“So, if I wanna drag myself to school when I'm sick…?”

“Then I would do all in my power to persuade you to stay home and be nursed by yours truly.”

“And if I refuse?”

“Then, I would follow you, care for you as much as the surroundings would allow me to and do my best to relieve your discomfort during the day.”

“Huh.. Well, aren't you loyal.”

The guardian shrugged. “I’m your guardian. It's how I roll.”

“So why can I see you now? I couldn't before?”

Elias hesitated. How much should he tell Zachariah about his current condition? He decided to put it off until a more convenient time.

“Because you were alone and sick and miserable, so I decided it was time to become the visible type of guardian angel. I will remain visible for 10 days at a time.”

“And then you become invisible again? For how long?” Elias detected a sadness in his ward’s words and dared himself to believe that Zachariah valued his visibility just as much as he did.

“Until either of us deems it necessary for me to become visible again.”

“Huh. So… You’re an angel, correct?”

Elias nodded, noticing a slight blush in Zach's cheeks. “So, where is your dress?”

Elias looked at him in amused disbelief. “My dress?” Zach blushed a deeper shade of rosy.

“Well, yeah. All the pictures my history teacher has shown us of angels they are either naked or wearing dressy robes. Clearly, you are not… “ he trailed off, gesturing to the guardian's body, sitting beside him on the bed in a pair of jeans and a short sleeved buttoned down shirt that matched his black hair. “… So where is your dress?”

Elias had to suppress a laugh. Mocking his ward now was probably a bad idea. He went for amused teasing in stead.

“Zachariah, consider the amount of dead clothing designers over the years and ask me again.” He flashed his brilliant white teeth at Zach, barely containing his amusement. Zach looked down, the blush spreading all the way to his ears.

“I don't think I want to now.” He sniffled and rubbed a finger under his nose. Elias scrutinised his ward’s face. Zach seemed puzzled. The guardian's lips turned up in an affectionate smile when he realised the reason for the puzzled look. He drew a fresh tissue and pressed it into Zach's hand before he rested his head on top of Zach's, stroking his curls.

“Don't be self conscious Zachariah, I'm just teasing. Sorry.”

“Hn’NGX’ch! Snf! Hh… Hi’I’choo! Snf.”

“Bless you”. The guardian brushed his lips against Zach's forehead and pulled an arm around him as he felt the younger man sway slightly.

“Aww, hey, you're still not fully recovered, and my confusing you is not helping. Why don't you lie back down and try to get some more sleep.”

Elias’s eyes widened in shock as panic shot across Zach's face.

”What is it Zachariah?”

His ward just shook his head fiercely, his eyes never leaving Elias’s. He couldn't understand Zach's reaction and it concerned him.

“Why not? What's wrong?” The guardian became even more concerned as he noticed Zach's eyes starting to tear up. No no no! Not tears, that was simply unacceptable. He pulled his now quietly sobbing ward into his arms, covered him with his duvet and gently rocked him back and forth, trying to calm him.

“What's wrong my darling Zachariah, please tell me.” His ward kept his gaze locked on his hands, not meeting his eyes. He was still sobbing and sniffling quietly.

“Snf! I'm just afraid that… Snf! When Snf!... When I wake up Snf! You will be nothing but a dream!” He slowly raised his head, eyes shining dark, cloudy blue as they locked on Elias’s. To the guardian’s surprise, Zach leaned in and rested his brow on his, cupping his hands around his face and gently stroked the guardian’s cheekbones with his thumbs. Eyes closed, Zach muttered quietly, denying the sobs access.

“I can't loose you now. Snf! You are my angel.”

Elias was stunned. He sat completely motionless as he felt every fibre in his body come alive, dancing with pure joy. The joy was short lived however as Raphael’s warning suddenly flooded his mind. He was not allowed to act upon his love for his ward, no matter how Zachariah felt about him. It was forbidden. Dang it! He would have to face Raphael sooner or later. Probably sooner, his boss must have already discovered that one of his angels had lost grace. There was no way he could share this information with Zachariah, not yet anyway. He resolved to hug his ward closer, cradle, him to his chest and pull him down on the mattress, covering them both with the duvet.

“I promise to still be here when you wake, my adorable and completely sane ward. I'm not going anywhere.” Zach seemed to accept his promise but still wrapped his arms tightly around his guardian, resting his curly head on his shoulder.

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

Just before he fell deeply asleep, Zach had the sensation that he was falling, head first, plunging towards the ground. He startled awake the second his imaginary self hit the ground. He opened his eyes, panting, his heart threatening to break through his ribs.

He felt strong arms pull him closer, hugging him tight and that oh, so familiar and utterly entrancing deep voice murmur softly in his ear.

“You're okay my Zachariah. I've got you. Go back to sleep.” Zachariah tightened his arms around his angel and buried his face in the folds of his shirt, rubbing his nose against him as he felt a building tickle threatening to erupt.

“Elias?”

“Hmm?”

“Need to sneeze. Won't let go. Tissue?”

He felt rather than heard his angel’s light chuckle.

“Nope! I'm not ready to let go either. Just sneeze Zachariah.”

Zach drew a few shallow breaths, trying to minimise the force of the sneezes. Warm lips touched his forehead and strong arms hugged him tighter as his breath started to hitch.

“He’e’choo! Ha’I’choo! Snf! Excuse me.”

Zach felt his ‘pillow’ shake as Elias chuckled silently beneath him. “You are the perfect gentleman Zachariah. Consider yourself excused and blessed.”

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

1482… 1483…1484… 1485… Elias was content to spent the night counting the even breaths of his sleeping ward whose head was resting comfortably on his chest. That is, until a slow building tickle announced its presence in his nose, stealing his thoughts. Was he about to sneeze? No no, he couldn't, not now. Not with a sleeping Zachariah on his chest. He was sure to wake him.

Elias reached his hand up to pinch this nose shut between his thumb and forefinger as the tickle reached its climax.

“N’xt! Kn’nx! Hn’xt!” The stifling minimised the force of the sneezes, but his upper body still quivered slightly with each release. He removed his hand, sniffling softly. He listened intently for sounds that indicated Zach's state of consciousness. His ward was still sleeping soundly, his breathing even against his angel’s chest.

Elias reached for a tissue in his pocket, but as he pulled one out, a small, plain white note with golden edges was stuck to it. He recognised the note as a message from his boss Raphael. He took a deep breath, bracing himself before he turned it over, reading its contents.

“I believe we need to talk? Meet me at your appartment complex at 10 a.m. on the first day your ward goes back to school.

- Raphael, Patron God of health and protection.”

Elias groaned silently. A depleted angel, a tickly and slightly stuffed up nose and now a meeting with what he could only assume to be an extremely angry boss. His era of visibility was not going to be a bright one.

Edited by Juto

YES YES YES YESSSS.

I HAVE NO WORDS ANYMORE. THIS IS JUST SO SWEET AND CUTE. These drabbles never fail to put a smile on my face!!

Hm... did Elias just sneeze??!! I had to reread that part to make sure I wasn't mistaken xD

And about the length of this part, I'm certainly not complaining ;)

Brains!!!! BRAAAAAIIIINNSSS!!!!

Translation :

Omg he sneezed! !!! Girls hit your hallelujah! !!! Brilliant! And have fun on your trip!!

*waves zombie hand but the arm falls off so zombie arty waves that with the other hand*

Edited by Artygirl22

Elias yaaaaaaaas~ I hope Raphael isn't too angry, I mean he had probably seen it coming last time right?

So, okay, holiday officially sucks!!

Logged on here for some comfort (*thank you country wi-fi* - totally by accident, I swear (!) :-) ) and omg, 3000+ views??? That just made my day!! I know that that may seem like a small amount for some of the great writers on here (TaurielRiver, Rachiella, AdrianMarx, scw, Meh, theGreatCatsby, Yume, Quite Contrary, Cally, Sophie<3 just to name a few) but it means the world to me, so thank you so much! God I love this forum!! You are all amazing!!!

YES YES YES YESSSS.

I HAVE NO WORDS ANYMORE. THIS IS JUST SO SWEET AND CUTE. These drabbles never fail to put a smile on my face!!

Hm... did Elias just sneeze??!! I had to reread that part to make sure I wasn't mistaken xD

And about the length of this part, I'm certainly not complaining ;)

I melted into a puddle of happy when I read your comment. Thank you so much, I'm thrilled that you like it.

Uhh, he did in deed. Sneezy Elias is simply too intriguing to leave out of the story, I think! There will be more of that, I promise. Stay tuned for the next couple of drabbles.

I swear I'm working on shortening them, they do take up too much of my time as it is (but who needs sleep anyway, right?!) but have no fear, I fail miserable in the next one... Possibly the one after that too... And the next one... DANG IT!! :-)

Brains!!!! BRAAAAAIIIINNSSS!!!!

Translation :

Omg he sneezed! !!! Girls hit your hallelujah! !!! Brilliant! And have fun on your trip!!

*waves zombie hand but the arm falls off so zombie arty waves that with the other hand*

Hahaha Arty you are the greatest!! If I knew how to do emoticons I would totally award you the hug-thingy-one! But I don't, 'cause I'm stupid! But seriously, you are an amazing support and never fails! Thank you!!!!!!!!!

How very 'plants vs. zombies' I like it!

Elias yaaaaaaaas~ I hope Raphael isn't too angry, I mean he had probably seen it coming last time right?

Elias in deed, bless him! I'm gonna be so cruel!

Raphael isn't (too) angry, no. Just concerned for his guardian's sake! On some level though, he understands. Man, he saw it coming from miles away... There's no fooling him!

Thank you so much for reading and commenting.

Edited by Juto07ab

The next one in line... Forgive me, I have to get back to my crappy holiday... But hey, country wi-fi... So maybe I'll be back soon. No promises though. Enjoy.

Part 30 - Morning

It took an additional 5 days for Zachariah to recover from his pneumonia. Elias spent every morning enjoying the way his ward's eyes lit up when he realised that his imaginary guardian and saviour was in fact real and still by his side. The noons flew by as Elias was curled up with his ward in bed, gently massaging away the post-congestion tension in Zach's head as the younger man napped, resting his head on Eliass chest. The afternoons were spent exchanging thoughts and perceptions of various scenarios over the last 6 months and at night, Elias stayed in Zachs room as his ward joined his parents at the dinner table, excusing himself as quickly as he could and headed back upstairs to Elias. The guardian felt a pang of guilt as he realised how deeply Zach had believed that he was going insane because of the things that Elias had secretly done to help him, but as every situation was described from Eliass point of view, Zach's mood seemed to brighten. His smiles grew larger and more frequent and Elias found he could not withhold a goofy grin whenever the right smile would light up his ward's face, making his cloudy eyes seem like deep ponds on a beautiful summer day. Elias was head over heels in love with his ward, how could he not be? Zachariah was sweet, caring, loveable and so endearing, more so, the angel found, when he sneezed.

"Tha-hh-hanks Hnnxch! Snf! Higktch! Snf! Scuse me." Zach gratefully accepted the tissue offered to him by Elias and brought it to his nose in time to catch the sneezes.

The guardian stroked his upper back as he blew his nose and offered a "Bless you. You alright?"

Zach eyed him, suspiciously.

"It was just a few sneezes Elias. Don't go all angelic protector on me. I'm going to school today. That was the deal, remember?"

Elias nodded. They had agreed that as soon as Zach's temperature had been normal for 12 hours straight and he was no longer coughing up phlegm he could go to school. Today was that day, which meant for Elias, that today he was facing the wrath of Raphael. Zach had seemed sad at hearing that Elias wasn't going to accompany him to school, but had respected his angels rules to remain a secret to all but him.

Elias hastily rubbed his own nose while Zach's back was turned, picking out clothes for school before jumping in the shower. Elias had been forced to acknowledge that as Zach's health had improved in the last couple of days his own had deteriorated. Of course, this was not something he was willing to share with his ward. How could he be a proper guardian if he was sick? But he had to admit to himself that he felt increasingly ill. His head was throbbing slightly, his nose seemed bothered, his sniffles sounded wet and he felt tired, which was extremely odd since Elias had not needed sleep for 75 years.

In the other room he heard the sound of running water. Zach was in the shower and Elias was alone in his room. He finally gave in to a tickle that had been bothering him for the past 10 minutes but which had been ruthlessly denied access. He looked out the window, catching the early morning light in his eyes and let his breath hitch before pinching his nose shut, stifling his sneezes.

"Hkssh! H'nnxsh! Txchk! Hnnxt! Hh... Hup'tshh!" The force of the last sneeze made him double over and the minor throbbing in his head seemed to explode into a painful jab, slowly fading away as he rubbed the sore spot between his eyebrows. This was a definite drawback of loosing grace. Zach was contagious and with no space left between them anymore (and taking Elias's bad immune system into account) he was bound to catch it. Did it make him stay away from his ward? Not in a million years. He sat back down on the bed, resting his head in his hands, closing his eyes for a second... Just... A ... Second!

"Elias? You okay?"

The guardian's head snapped up. Zach was standing in front of him, a towel hanging loosely around his hips, his wet, curly hair still dripping water on his bare shoulders and back. Zach sat down beside him, looking his angel over, carefully.

"You look tired. Did you not get enough sleep last night? Did I keep you awake?"

Elias looked puzzled at Zach for a second. Oh right, he hadn't told him.

"Uhm no, Zachariah, I Don't sleep At all!"

"What? Never?"

"Not for the past 75 years, no."

"So, what do you do at night?"

The guardian looked down at his fingers, slightly embarrassed at what he was about to reveal.

"Well, on regular nights I sit quietly in the chair over there, reading your schoolbooks or your mothers collection of Hardy and Austen. The angel felt a slight blush warm his cheeks. When you are sick I sit quietly by your side, cool you down with cloths, rub your chest with mint and genuinely just make sure you get the best possible sleep to make you better." His blush deepened. "I've spent the last 5 nights counting your breaths as you've slept on my chest, massaging your neck and brow to relief your headaches and hugging you tighter when you shivered." The guardian glanced up at his ward, not knowing what to expect from his revelation.

Zach knelt down in front of him, resting his hands on Eliass knees, cloudy eyes smiling at sapphire gems.

"You are such a stalker!" He touched his forehead to Elias's, closing his eyes. "But thank you! You've obviously made my life a lot easier and I was completely unaware."

Elias smiled, thrilled that his ward could see the affection behind his actions. "Anytime, my Zachariah." His ward pulled back, still facing him.

"Why do you call me Zachariah anyway? Not that I mind the least, quite the contrary, but all my friends call me Zach. My parents call me Ziggy, please don't ever do that." He added hastily.

Elias shook his head. "I wouldn't dream of it! I've noticed how you wince at the sound of that name. Well, the name Zachariah means the Lord remembers and can be translated as the one Father did not forget." Elias turned his full affection on Zachariah, noticing how the younger man was listening intently to his words, holding his breath. "And I could never forget you, Zachariah."

Cloudy eyes widened slightly at his words, but Zach said nothing. The seconds ticked by, then Zach sniffled wetly, reminding Elias where he had caught his own cold.

" Bless you"

"Tha- hangxch! Thanks. Snf! Still going to school though."

"Of course. Dry your hair first, please. I don't want you catching another cold."

Zach stood and bowed gracefully. "Yes, Master Universe" before he smiled and went back into the bathroom.

35 minutes, 2 pieces of toast, one cup of coffee and several smiles later, Zach was practically running out the door to make It to school on time. He turned on his heel just before he reached the door and ran back, throwing his arms around Elias who gasped in surprise before wrapping his arms around his ward, burying his nose in his soft curls.

Zach lifted his head to look his angel in the eyes.

"Please don't leave!"

Elias let out a sigh, scolding his ward with a smile.

"Zachariah, I've told you a million times, I'm not going anywhere. I have to go see my boss while you are in school though, but I will be here by the time you get back." He waved his newly acquired key in front of his wards face. "I promise."

Zachariah gave him his most brilliant smile, a smile that would have stopped any living, beating heart, a smile that ignited a warm fire deep in Elias's gut, before the younger man turned and ran out the door.

Edited by Juto of Beerpiece

I haven't commented on here before but I just thought I'd tell you that your writing is absolutely adorable! I love these guys! Keep up the good work!

I haven't commented on here before but I just thought I'd tell you that your writing is absolutely adorable! I love these guys! Keep up the good work!

Ohh, my God!! I believe I squealed audibly when I noticed who commented!!! So glad I was alone, except for my two 15 months old... They didn't seem to care much! You are my idol!! I have read EVERY SINGLE ONE of your threads!!! The caretaking and nursing and the thick fog of love that fill your stories gets to me every time!! I simply adore them!!!!! You never fail to provide fluffy sickfics and I always end up with the hugest smile on my face and a slightly high pitched 'd'aaawwwww!!!' When I finish! Please don't ever stop! <3

Ohh, and thank you so so much for your comment. It was so sweet of you!!

Edited by Juto07ab

1. So, okay, holiday officially sucks!!

Logged on here for some comfort (*thank you country wi-fi* - totally by accident, I swear (!) :-) ) and omg, 3000+ views??? That just made my day!! I know that that may seem like a small amount for some of the great writers on here (TaurielRiver, Rachiella, AdrianMarx, scw, Meh, theGreatCatsby, Yume, Quite Contrary, Cally, Sophie<3 just to name a few)

2. Hahaha Arty you are the greatest!! If I knew how to do emoticons I would totally award you the hug-thingy-one! But I don't, 'cause I'm stupid! But seriously, you are an amazing support and never fails! Thank you!!!!!!!!!

How very 'plants vs. zombies' I like it!

3. Elias in deed, bless him! I'm gonna be so cruel!

Raphael isn't (too) angry, no. Just concerned for his guardian's sake! On some level though, he understands. Man, he saw it coming from miles away... There's no fooling him!

Thank you so much for reading and commenting.

1. Girl, how did I get on the list? XD :lol: don't even know how many views I have!

2. Dis is hug. :group: the IPhone combo for it is

: group :

only w/out any spaces.

3. Yeah there really isn't avoiding Raphael. I'd say he's more concerned than angry. Sort of like your parents finding out you went outside to play in the rain w/out a coat and got sick as a result. More concerned about the well being.