Sneeze Fetish Forum

Guardian Angel (original fiction, M/M)

Juto

B..brainns?

Translation: your holiday is sucking? Why? Are you ok?

Brains...brainns! !!!!

Translation: Omg Elias!!!!!!!!! Weak immune system? Hehehehehr! Daww

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Juto

• Arty

• Subtly Clashing Wishes

• Kaze Wo Hiku

1. So, okay, holiday officially sucks!!

Logged on here for some comfort (*thank you country wi-fi* - totally by accident, I swear (!) :-) ) and omg, 3000+ views??? That just made my day!! I know that that may seem like a small amount for some of the great writers on here (TaurielRiver, Rachiella, AdrianMarx, scw, Meh, theGreatCatsby, Yume, Quite Contrary, Cally, Sophie<3 just to name a few)

2. Hahaha Arty you are the greatest!! If I knew how to do emoticons I would totally award you the hug-thingy-one! But I don't, 'cause I'm stupid! But seriously, you are an amazing support and never fails! Thank you!!!!!!!!!

How very 'plants vs. zombies' I like it!

3. Elias in deed, bless him! I'm gonna be so cruel!

Raphael isn't (too) angry, no. Just concerned for his guardian's sake! On some level though, he understands. Man, he saw it coming from miles away... There's no fooling him!

Thank you so much for reading and commenting.

1. Girl, how did I get on the list? XD :lol: don't even know how many views I have!

2. Dis is hug. :group: the IPhone combo for it is

: group :

only w/out any spaces.

3. Yeah there really isn't avoiding Raphael. I'd say he's more concerned than angry. Sort of like your parents finding out you went outside to play in the rain w/out a coat and got sick as a result. More concerned about the well being.

Girl, take my word as gospel! You are Awesome! I think you're on 1200-something! I'm a proud mama, my little cheerleader!

Dis be hug? :group: doesn't work?!! I'm seriously a retired, grumpy git when it comes to IT!! I think it can sense my fear!!

B..brainns?

Translation: your holiday is sucking? Why? Are you ok?

Brains...brainns! !!!!

Translation: Omg Elias!!!!!!!!! Weak immune system? Hehehehehr! Daww

Aww Arty, your concern is touching! You are such a sweetheart.

I'm just down with a bad case of being stuck in a summerhouse with my parents, sisters, add-ons, hubbie and sons and everyone is sick. Not the adorable awwletmekissyourforeheadandmakeyoubetter-kinda sick but the -ewwwstayawayfrommeughgross-kinda sick. My boys have JUST started walking which consequently grants them a free access pass to EVERYWHERE, and trust them to go in opposite directions!! It's raining and we are too many people on too few square metres. So I can't catch a break during the day and I get no sleep at night, and I'm freakin' OUT OF COMFORT CHOCOLATE!

But hey, I'm being Monty Python about It! No sleep means 3 new drabbles for you guys and lots more on the writing process... Not sure about the sanity of the contents though... May have to spend weeks in editing! :-)

This forum has been my escapism!!

Aaaaaand...look what I can do now

:group:

Ta-daaaaa

Sorry for my complain rant!! I'm fine, I swear, we're leaving soon!

Thank you for being an absolute sweetheart.

I haven't commented on this thread in a million years, but I've been reading every single update and LOVING IT! Keep it up :)

I haven't commented on this thread in a million years, but I've been reading every single update and LOVING IT! Keep it up :)

Oh gosh, thank you so much! I most definitely will!

BRAINS!!!!

Translation: b..but you gotta rest!! :0 but I still love the story.

BRAINS!!!!

Translation: b..but you gotta rest!! :0 but I still love the story.

Aww... Hahaha what do you think retirement is for? Yeah, can't wait till I turn 65... Or maybe they've changed it by then... 75?

No, my plan is to get so worked up and exhausted that the universe will grant me my own Elias! That would just be awesome. *peeks up at sky* anytime universe, preferably in the shape of a certain Cutiebatch! Cheers!

Ooooooh WHAT TINY CINNAMON BUN I LOVE THEM!! ugh I'm just waiting for Zach to figure out his guardian is sick, such suspense!!

Ooooooh WHAT TINY CINNAMON BUN I LOVE THEM!! ugh I'm just waiting for Zach to figure out his guardian is sick, such suspense!!

Aww, thank you so much. It's coming, it's coming! I'm working on it right now. It's 2.30 am here though, I'm kinda falling asleep a little bit and my boys will be up in about 4 hours... But still... One should really endeavour to support the coffee industry, should one not?! I know I do!

Thank you so much for your support and wonderful comments. (Wait, what? Cinnamon bun??) :-)

Congrats on 3000 views! ( You totally deserve more :) )

W-Why am I on the list of "great writers"? I think you made a mistake there xD

The new update ohmygosh QAQ He's sick ahhhh it's happening!!!! //super excited

And the description of Zachariah's smile at the end ;A;;; SO SWEET!!! Your writing really warms my heart ;v;;

Can't quote so I'll just copy/paste:

"I melted into a puddle of happy when I read your comment. Thank you so much, I'm thrilled that you like it.

Uhh, he did in deed. Sneezy Elias is simply too intriguing to leave out of the story, I think! There will be more of that, I promise. Stay tuned for the next couple of drabbles.

I swear I'm working on shortening them, they do take up too much of my time as it is (but who needs sleep anyway, right?!) but have no fear, I fail miserable in the next one... Possibly the one after that too... And the next one... DANG IT!! :-)"

I'll definitely stay tuned, haha.... *Keeps eyes glued to screen* *Refreshes page way too many times*

And yeah, no one needs sleep... I could stay up all night reading these drabbles! :D Elias may need some sleep soon, though ;)

( Edited this comment because the formatting came out completely wrong :( )

Edited by Yume

Congrats on 3000 views! ( You totally deserve more :) )

W-Why am I on the list of "great writers"? I think you made a mistake there xD

The new update ohmygosh QAQ He's sick ahhhh it's happening!!!! //super excited

And the description of Zachariah's smile at the end ;A;;; SO SWEET!!! Your writing really warms my heart ;v;;

Can't quote so I'll just copy/paste:

"I melted into a puddle of happy when I read your comment. Thank you so much, I'm thrilled that you like it.

Uhh, he did in deed. Sneezy Elias is simply too intriguing to leave out of the story, I think! There will be more of that, I promise. Stay tuned for the next couple of drabbles.

I swear I'm working on shortening them, they do take up too much of my time as it is (but who needs sleep anyway, right?!) but have no fear, I fail miserable in the next one... Possibly the one after that too... And the next one... DANG IT!! :-)"

I'll definitely stay tuned, haha.... *Keeps eyes glued to screen* *Refreshes page way too many times*

And yeah, no one needs sleep... I could stay up all night reading these drabbles! :D Elias may need some sleep soon, though ;)

( Edited this comment because the formatting came out completely wrong :( )

Aww thanks. Keep reading and it will happen!

Seriously? Just for "sorry" you deserve that spot! Believe me!! (My decision anyway!! ;-))

It is SO ON! Been waiting for it too...

Ahahaha your poor eyes, if you want I could just PM you the upload schedule (not that it exists, but I could try! Haha) *psst later today I think,,, or tomorrow...

Ahh... He will sleep... And soon... But first, I'm gonna torment him a bit... Mwuhahahahaha ahh the cruelty! He will be pampered though, have no fear.

If anything I'm a SUCKER for caretaking, so no way in hell I'll leave my angel uncared for :-)

Thanks again, you're awesome!

Here's the next part and due to a absolutely LOVELY (*tries to convince herself*) holiday, I have 3 more drabbles that just needs a bit of editing, so stay tuned.

Thanks again for all your wonderful comments! I would probably still be doing this even if noone commented, but I don't think I would enjoy it quite as much :smile:

So here's the much dreaded 'graceless (and rather ill) Elias meets Raphael'. It doesn's feature Zachariah, sorry...

... Ohh wait... It does. In all his raincloudy and curly glory. Thanks Meh, my Angelic cheerleader! I love it!!!

http://astralactivity.deviantart.com/art/Zachariah-new-version-547587013

Part 31 - Boss

Elias pressed the 6th button on his heavenly remote and closed his eyes. When he opened them his head was spinning uncomfortably. He took a step to steady himself, cursing under his breath. Teleporting with congested sinuses, not pleasant! He shook his head to relieve the dizziness and set off towards his apartment complex to meet Raphael.

Elias loved his apartment, but when it came to convenience, it flunked terribly. It was quite a long way away from the teleportation platform from Earth to the 6th heaven, and (not that he had considered it before) but there was no means of transportation to get around the 6th heaven. He glanced up at the bustle of morning traffic in the sky above him, guardian angels flying back and forth, basking their glorious wings in the sunlight, supported by the brisk wind in the heavens. He sighed and looked down towards his feet on the pavement. He had always wondered why the heavens had a pavement. Now he knew. It was the walk of shame for the angels who had lost grace. He hunched his shoulders in shame and started walking, silently praying that he wouldn't be noticed by anyone he knew. He didn't get far before the cold wind that whipped around him chilled him to the bone, making his nose run and tickle terribly. He wrapped his arms around his torso for warmth as his eyes started to flutter shut, the tickle becoming more and more dominant, making his breathing shallow. He tilted his head back slightly and gave in, aiming his releases at the ground.

"Heh-shuh! Hh... Hup'tshh! Snf! Heh'tchew! Hh... H-Hi'eshew!” He sniffled miserably and rubbed at his runny nose with his hand. At least he carried something with him that had belonged to Zachariah, but honestly, he would have preferred it to be a warm sweater, not his cold! As if the heavens were not capable of mercy at all, Elias felt the first droplets of rain falling on his bare arms. He picked up his pace, hoping he would make it to his apartment before the sky released the showers. He was not that lucky.

When he was finally standing at the foot of the massive building of apartments he lived in, a sky scraper, naturally, he was soaking wet, chilled to the bone and he couldn't stop his teeth from chattering if his life depended on it.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Raphael was standing in the lobby of the apartment complex, awaiting the guardian's arrival, admiring the large wall of residents. Each guardian's name was engraved on a silver plate and was arranged in the same order the residents lived in the complex. He looked for Elias’s and found it in row 23. Raphael shook his head, almost sorry for the amount of stairs his young employee would have to climb. ALMOST sorry! Elias had brought this on himself the Patron God reminded himself. Nevertheless, he couldn't help feeling sorry for him. The decision he had made was a rare one, but not unheard of in the history of the heavens. For a brief moment, he let his memory open the doors to a time long gone to a face clear as day despite the passing millennia.

No, Raphael! Don't go there!

He forced the doors shut again as a man's voice in his memory started breathing his name.

Enough!

Raphael mentally slammed the doors shut, composing himself.

He turned towards the lobby door as he heard a few uncomfortably sounding coughs and saw a shivering and sniffling, graceless angel walk through the door leaving a wet trail on the floor as he dragged his feet.

Elias held up his hand in a silent greeting as he walked towards his boss. Raphael remained motionless, taking in his employees condition. It was… Pathetic! Almost to the point of endearing. Almost!

Elias came within hearing distance and opened his mouth to speak, but Raphael held up his hand, silencing him.

"I'm not mad, Elias. Disappointed? Very. But not mad. You KNEW what it would do to you, you were warned countless times. Did you ever think that maybe we warned you for a reason? Hmm? We were trying to PROTECT you. Can't you at least see that?”

Raphael eyed Elias with uncertainty and concern, noticing a slight reddened colour in his cheeks and hazy, unfocused sapphire eyes.

"You chose to wander off the straight and narrow path of the Guardians of the Heavens, so even though I wish it was possible to ignore punishment, you must face the consequences of your actions."

Elias hung his head. Embarrassment and shame plain in his features. But he did not speak.

Raphael sighed as Elias sniffled wetly and let out a small groan. The boss put his hand on Elias’s shoulder, giving him a warm look.

“Look Elias, wouldn't it be better for everyone if you were simply transferred?” At his words, the guardian's head snapped up, his face a mask of horror and despair. Raphael ignored it and continued. “We knew Zachariah was a tough case and maybe… Well… Maybe you would be better suited with someone else. Someone who-“

The archangel stopped as he noticed thick tears escaping Elias and the graceless angel started to shake uncontrollably, barely containing his pain.

"Elias? Are you alright?" Raphael asked, with just a slight hint of concern and (hopefully undetected) guilt.

“Please Raphael. Snf! Please do not take me away from Zachariah. Snf! You KNOW how I feel about him, even the mere thought that…” he trailed off, bringing a fist to his nose in apparent attempt to silence the sobs. “I did this for him, because he needed it. I am willing to sacrifice ANYTHING for Zachariah’s wellbeing. Isn't that what constitutes a proper guardian? He knows me, he trusts me, he listens to me! I am EXACTLY what he needs. I am so much more than a guardian to him. I am a friend, a comforter, an escapism from his miserable life. He needs me Raphael. You should have seen him when-“

Raphael noticed Elias wince, apparently recalling a rather unpleasant memory. He squeezed the younger man's shoulder in a comforting manner as he spoke.

“Elias, I would not be so heartless as to tear you away from Zachariah. I see the bond the two of you share and I approve to a limited extent, but solely because it is in the best interest of Zachariah. I am merely concerned about you, Elias, and I want you to at least consider an alternative.”

Elias nodded, his sobs now under control.

“Thank you Raphael, that is very thoughtful of you, but I will never want anyone but Zachariah. This?” He gestured to his face. “This is tolerable. If this is the price I have to pay to be the guardian Zachariah needs me to be, then so be it, I accept it gladly.”

Raphael eyed him suspiciously.

“I take it this is not the last time you plan to become graceless?” Elias looked down, not speaking. Raphael nodded. “I figured as much. Just be careful Elias, I would hate to loose one of my best guardians over this.”

Elias raised his head, meeting his boss’s eyes and nodded gratefully before pinching the bridge of his nose and turn his head to the side as his eyes snapped shut.

"H'kshh! 'Ncch! H'nnxsh! Kn'nxx! Hup'tshh! Ugh...Sorry..."

Elias sniffled, blushing as he noticed Raphael still had his hand on his shoulder.

"Are you gonna be alright, Elias?"

"I'mb fide." The boss nodded, not fully convinced as he noticed the thick congestion in

the man's voice.

"You're soaked...go change. Then return to your ward, guardian. I believe you have duties to perform?!

"Yes sir."

"Very good. You are dismissed."

With a last affectionate glance at Elias, Raphael was gone.

……………………………………………………………………………………………………..

Elias gave a violent shiver, rubbed at his nose and eyed the stairs to his apartment with dismay.

He had always wondered why there were stairs when angels simply flew up to their windows, using their balcony doors as their main entrances. Now he knew. They were the climb of shame for graceless angels.

He reached his apartment door, panting and shivering with a splitting headache and an extremely runny nose. When he got inside it took him three seconds flat to change into a warm sweatshirt and dry jeans. He sighed and revelled in the newfound warmth and sat down on his sofa, resting his dizzy and congested head in his hands. He let out a small groan as he felt a new itch ignite a burn in his nose, he quickly scanned the room, why was there no damn tissues in this place?! He buried his nose in the crook of his elbow and let his breath hitch.

“H'nnxsh! Kn'nnx! Hh… Heh-shuh! Hup'tshh! Snf! Hh…hih… Heh'tchew!” He leaned back on the sofa and rubbed his sore head, sniffling. He closed his eyes for a minute, just to satisfy the burning sensation behind them. His breathing became even and he slouched back into the soft cushions.

TBC.

Edited by Juto07ab

YESSSS QAQ

This is so perfect ;v;

I wonder what happened in Raphael's past... ;-; I love how he tries to be really angry with Elias but usually ends up being nice to him in the end xD

And the way Elias reacted when he brought up transferring?? ;A; Tears....

These are just so sweet I can't <33

Ahahaha your poor eyes, if you want I could just PM you the upload schedule (not that it exists, but I could try! Haha) *psst later today I think,,, or tomorrow...

Yeah, I'd love that! :o It would be really helpful. :)

YESSSS QAQ

This is so perfect ;v;

I wonder what happened in Raphael's past... ;-; I love how he tries to be really angry with Elias but usually ends up being nice to him in the end xD

And the way Elias reacted when he brought up transferring?? ;A; Tears....

These are just so sweet I can't <33

Yeah, I'd love that! :o It would be really helpful. :)

Let's just say that Raphael can relate and feel empathy. I believe he has a soft spot for Elias because of his own experiences.

Ahh... He's so lost in Zachariah it hurts! He's just a big softie that Angel!!

Thank you so much I'm happy you like them. More on the way, I promise.

Haha... No schedule, sorry... Whenever I have the time I write, edit and upload. It's kinda hard to plan. I'm probably working on 10+ stories simultaneously, so it's like... What I am in the mood for today?!

Ahhhhh my poor baby I love him so much I just want to cuddle him 'til he feels better!!

*waves detached zombie arms frantically*

This is GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLDDDDDDDD

Ahhhhh my poor baby I love him so much I just want to cuddle him 'til he feels better!!

Awwww thank you! I'm sure he would greatly appreciate that! You would probably have to fight Zachariah for the opportunity though... Whoops! *spoiler alert!*

*waves detached zombie arms frantically*

This is GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLDDDDDDDD

Aww thanks Arty. You're the best!

I have to admit that I love tormenting him. He's just to good and pure to leave unharmed (mwuahaha!!) but don't worry, he will be well looked after soon! Not that he would want to, for obvious reasons! #contagion #toosicktocareanymore #sillywardwithnoregardforpersonalsafety #worstguardianintheuniverse ahh... That should give you some idea of what is come...

Edited by Juto07ab

Here's the next part of the story... Wow.. .seems like an eternity since I did a stand-alone piece. But these are fun to write :-)

This Drabble kind of ran off course though, so I turned it into a 3 part instead.

Thanks again to all my readers and huge thanks to everyone who comments. I love reading what you think!

Part 32 - Coming Home (1)

Elias’s eyes snapped up after what felt like a few seconds. He turned his head to glance out the window. The heavens were dark, it was late. He sprang out of the sofa, gasped as he was greeted by a sudden rush of lightheadedness and fell back on the floor. He laid there for a minute, taking in his own condition. He had a sore throat, a stuffed up nose that seemed to entail a constant delicate tickle and a splitting headache that both made his head light as a feather and extremely heavy on his shoulders. His cheeks felt flushed and warm to his own touch, was he running a fever? He slowly rose into a sitting position, but made no move to go further before this blasted tickle in his nose either abated or erupted. He took a few shallow breaths, but they didn't help. He searched for a source of strong light, but everything was dim. He pinched his nose shut in attempt to quench the tickle. It seemed to help. He got up slowly, testing his balance. Once he was standing upright, the tickle returned full force, bending the guardian's body in half as a series of harsh sneezes exploded from his nostrils.

“Heh-shuh! Hup'tshh! Hep'chk! Hh… Ek'tchuh! Heh'tchew! Hh... Hi'eshew!

The guardian groaned and rubbed his sore sinuses whilst running his wrist under his nose a couple of times. He did not have time for this, Zach was probably already worried sick, or even worse, chanting manically, believing Elias had left him. Elias brought his hand to his chest as a painful jab shot right through his heart. The thought of his precious Zachariah in pain, in tears, believing he was insane was too much for him. He had to get back to him, right this minute.

He retrieved a bag from his closet and swiftly threw in a pair of jeans, a shirt, underwear and a warm sweater. He went to his book case and took out his Guardian Angel’s Handbook and put it in the bag along with a journal he kept of his ward's illnesses, their causes, his conditions and treatments.

He looked out the window. The rain had stopped, but he could still hear the howling wind. He took out a thick coat and threw it on, tying a blue scarf around his neck and ran as fast as his slightly wheezing lungs and congested nose would allow him, back towards the 6th heaven teleportation platform.

~

It was well into the A.M. When he carefully turned his key in the front door, tiptoeing inside and up the stairs to Zach’s bedroom. He slowly opened the door, already preparing his whispered heartfelt apology in case Zachariah was still awake, waiting for him.

“Zachariah, I'm so so sorry, I don't know what came over me, I suddenly just-“.

He stopped. His eyes had gotten used to the darkness in Zach's room and Elias was suddenly able to see that his ward's bed was empty.

“Zachariah?” He whispered, looking around as a slow creeping panic grew in his mind. Where was he? What had happened to him. And the worst possible thought, was it Elias’s fault? In a matter of seconds, the guardian had searched the entire house, finding no one but Zach's parents, fast asleep, a detectable smell of alcohol emitting from their room.

The guardian sat down on Zach’s bed, pulling his coat tighter around him as his nose began to quiver slightly, teasing him.

“Hh… Heh…He'tish! Et’ch! He'ngchk! He'tchk! Hh… Hi-shoo!”

He buried his face in his hands, his head throbbing painfully. He couldn't remember ever having felt this sick (except for maybe Izra’il’s health class) and the fear that was now creeping up his spine wasn't exactly helping.

…………………………………………………….

Zach cursed silently under his breath as he once again reached his front door. He had been roaming the streets several times since he got home and realised Elias was not there. His current round had kept him outdoors for the past 2 hours, hoping to discover that his angel had simply lost his way. He was getting more and more worried. He had no idea where Elias had gone, what he was doing or even how he had intended to get back. But he couldn't just sit around and do nothing but wait, he had to do something. He drew a couple of deep breaths to steady himself as a fierce cold shiver crept up under his thin pullover, making his upper body tremble. His heart sank. What more could he possibly do? It was dark, he was cold and there was still no sign of his angel.

He decided to go back inside and warm up before starting another round.

Once in the hallway, he faced the door and turned his key to lock it when all of a sudden a pair of strong arms grabbed his shoulders, spun him around and pulled him into a fiercely tight embrace.

Zach breathed a sigh of relief as his angel's melodic voice sounded in his ear and warm hands ran up and down his spine, from his neck to his tailbone, firmly but gently pulling him closer.

“Oh heavens, Zachariah, where have you been? I was so worried.” He felt himself being pushed away at arms length only to be thoroughly looked over by huge, glassy and slightly redrimmed sapphire gemstones. For a brief moment, Zach felt something odd in his angel’s posture, his voice and slightly pale face but discarded it in favour of denounce. Zach’s sense and voice returned to him and he looked accusingly at Elias as he whispered in angry tones.

“What he hell Elias? If you make me a promise to be home, insisting that I am sane, why would you-“

He was cut off as Elias once more pulled him close, drowning his words in his embrace as the guardian started rubbing his arms and back, evidently believing that friction was the way to warm him up. After a few seconds though, Elias shrugged out of the coat he was wearing to wrap it around Zach’s shoulders still cradling the younger man tight to his chest.

“Ugh, you feel so cold! What on earth were you doing outside at this hour? Are you deliberately trying to catch a cold again? Because if that is the case, Zachariah, it is a highly foolish venture and I would strongly advice against it.”

“I was looking for you” Zach whispered into the folds of Elias’s shirt, still feeling angry. “I thought that maybe you had lost your way… Or…. Or…. What was I suppose to think Elias? You PROMISED to be here when I got back, and you weren't. I was afraid that maybe you’d-“ he stopped himself before he could voice his fear that his angel, his friend, his guardian would leave him!

Zach had more accusations on his tongue, waiting to blurt out of him, but the desire to scold his angel had diminished. He was here wasn't he? And he still cared. Zach decided to discard the rest of his rant and just let himself be buried in his angel’s warm and loving embrace.

“Doesn't matter. You’re here now.” Zach couldn't help the shiver that shook his entire frame from his heels up through his spine making the small hairs in his neck tingle. He squirmed deeper into the the guardian's embrace. Sighing contently.

“Hmm… And you're so warm, almost feels like you're burning. Why are you so warm?”

“I'm not Zachariah, you're just really cold.” Elias continued to rub gently at his shoulders, his upper arms and his back. Suddenly, Zach felt Elias’s body tense and looked up into his angel’s face. The older man had raised his eyes to the ceiling, pinching the bridge of his nose. Zach cocked his head to the side, wondering.

“Elias?” He asked hesitantly. “You okay?”

His angel looked down at him, absolutely mortified, as if only just realising that Zach was in his arms. Elias dropped his hold around Zach and stepped back, quickly putting 2 large strides between them. Zach frowned, feeling slightly… Rejected?... Shocked?... Contagious? He couldn't quite name the emotion, but the look in Elias’s face concerned him.

Elias gave him a weak smile as if to rectify his action. “Why don't you go and cuddle up in your bed, get warm, while I'll… Hhh…” He closed his eyes and brought a fist to his nose, holding his breath for a few seconds before continuing, eyes still closed. “Hh… Make you so-hh-home… Uhh… tea?”

Not waiting for a reply, Elias turned on his heel and practically fled to the kitchen. Zach, still huddled in the oversized coat with a deep frown on his face and his head slightly inclined to the left followed his guardian with his eyes. He thought Elias seemed out of it somehow, not quite himself. Pfft! As if Zach really knew what Elias was truly like. Despite his growing fondness for the stranger who's single most essential function in life was to keep him healthy and happy, he had to admit to himself that he barely even knew him. Intrigued, and slightly worried, he hesitantly followed his guardian out into the kitchen.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

In the kitchen, Elias was standing with his back to the door, his left hand gripping the kitchen table for support as his right hand was cupped around his nose and mouth, busy ensuring that the inevitable sneezes could not be heard by Zachariah.

He was frozen in place, taken aback by a forceful tickle, his face turned towards the ceiling. He suddenly drew a large intake of breath and doubled over, letting out a string of strong and carefully stifled sneezes, praying that Zachariah would not hear him.

“Hnnxt! Hnxt! Ngksh! Hnnxt! Hnxt! Ngksh… Hh… He'ngchk! Ugh!”

He turned and grabbed the kitchen table with both hands as his head started spinning. He could feel tiny beads of sweat dot his forehead. There was no denying the fever now, but he had to hide it from Zachariah, and above all he had to ensure that Zach would not catch it. As he had been about to sneeze in the hallway he had suddenly realised that HE was the contagious one now and he could not risk being too close to Zach.

“Elias?”

The guardian's head snapped up and he saw Zach coming towards him through the kitchen door.

“Zachariah, why aren't you in your bed?”

His ward stepped a bit closer, hesitantly, almost as if he was trying to tame a fierce animal. And sure enough, Zach did look a bit calculating and careful.

“I-I just came to check on you. Are you alright? You seem-“

“I'm fine! Go to your room, climb into bed, get warm. I'll be up in a minute.”

“But you look-“

“I'm fine Zachariah! Just go!”

The hurt was plain in Zach’s features as he slowly turned and walked out the door.

TBC.

Edited by Juto07ab

Noooooooo are you trying to kill me with feels??? Babies!!!

Noooooooo are you trying to kill me with feels??? Babies!!!

D'aaawwww *twirls beard, Jafar style* YES! It makes the inevitable caretaking all the more enjoyable!!!

*looks at this from the grave while the screen pans out to the world*

WHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAATTTTTTTT!?

I had the absolute joy to read all these posts for your story all at once! You are just amazing at writing and your commitment to this story is incredible! The characters are ADORABLE and there is never a dull moment- instead just the sweetest of sweet interactions between Elias and Zach....You are so talented, I hope you know this!!!! Thank you!

Sorry, I'm dead. I can't comment anymore. The cuteness has killed me.

stretcher.gif

Seriously, though, this is amazing!! It's so well written... And the fact that Elias is trying so hard to hide his illness... AHHHH ; A ;

//explodes

:boom:

Haha... No schedule, sorry... Whenever I have the time I write, edit and upload. It's kinda hard to plan. I'm probably working on 10+ stories simultaneously, so it's like... What I am in the mood for today?!

Woah, 10 stories?? That's amazing :D And I can't even finish one... //recently quit another story of mine haha

Such dedication!! Are you an author or do you write as a hobby?

And take your time!! I'll be here waiting :)