Sneeze Fetish Forum

Morning Coffee (32 Parts - Complete)

Kaze Wo Hiku

Kaze Wo Hiku!!!!! Omg, wtf??!! Hahaha I'm sorry I expected to be PERSONALLY NOTIFIED when you started another story! :lol: Shoot, I'm several days behind! I will catch up asap and shower with praise (as I have no doubt you deserve!) :D it's great to see you're still writing! I'm liking the names already...

I'll be back!

Sorry! I dont have access to PM yet or I would have told you!! XD

Oh my GOD I LOVE THIS STORY,

Liam is such a genuine sweetheart! I love the fact that the song keeps replaying in his head, keeping the anxiety at bay, I imagine. I felt so sorry for him after the conversation with Bryce! Poor dear!!

And Gabriel, awwwww... He's simply too adorable for words. His poor poor suffering nose. But so cute that he can tell the difference between cold, allergies and his nose simply being his nose.

Gosh, I just wanna cuddle him to no end.

Keep uploading these please:D they are amazing

Oh, and PLEEEEEEAASE make things right between them? My poor heart can't handle an over sensitive, crying Gabriel and a guilty and anxious Liam!

Good catch on the song replaying, thats exactly why he does that.

Don't worry we know Liam feels awful and will obviously try to make it up to Gabriel...but will Gabriel forgive him....DUN DUN DUNNNNNNN XD

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry! I dont have access to PM yet or I would have told you!! XD

Yeah, but you will soon. I think just one more post is all you need. :)

Don't worry we know Liam feels awful and will obviously try to make it up to Gabriel...but will Gabriel forgive him....DUN DUN DUNNNNNNN XD

Don't you EVEN tease like that! :eek: All Juto's Eve and I like happy endings, don't we? :2lovers:

Yeah, but you will soon. I think just one more post is all you need.

Haha yeah, just reply to this and you'll be fine! :) I think you still need an OK from a staff... But soon :)

Don't you EVEN tease like that! All Juto's Eve and I like happy endings, don't we?

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Now I'm the one having a panic attack!!!!! Don't you dare be so mean to us!!!! :cry:

That's right! This excellent witch and I ONLY like stuff with happy endings!!! *snif* please don't tease us!

Please please please please please...

Wait, do I need an asthma refill before the next upload? :lol: CANT HANDLE!!!!!

The waiting is over, Part 7 is here!

~~~~

Part 7: When You’re Following An Angel

Liam spent the rest of the weekend either laying mindlessly on his couch, avoiding Bryce online or chain smoking. He had gone back to the river edge once in a sad effort that he would either see Gabriel or find some sort of peace. Neither of which happened.

He debated for several hours Monday morning if he should go to the cafe or not. He knew he would see Gabriel unless the professor suddenly decided to change his habits. Liam honestly would not blame him if he did.

I thought you might be different. Those words stung more than any insult Bryce had ever thrown at him.

Liam eventually packed up his laptop and headed out. Weather was quite cold, the rain drizzling did not make it any more pleasant. Liam could see his breath as he walked. Cafe was crowded, probably do to the rain but Liam was glad to see the table he now deemed his was not occupied.

Liam went to the counter to order not looking forward to conversing with Grace.

“Latte again?” She said way too cheerfully for how early it was. Liam just nodded. “You’ll be happy to know that you paying for Professor Herondale’s coffee came in handy on Friday.” Liam tensed when she said his name.

Spot the Band. He remembered. “Oh?” He tried sounding casual.

“Yeah he had forgotten his wallet in his apartment. He does that sometimes. So he was grateful.” Grace flashed Liam a smile.

Liam forced his mouth to return one. “Good then.” Why was he here on Friday?

Grace handed him his latte. “Add the rest of this, minus my latte, to his tab.” Liam pulled out a $20 giving it to a rather stunned Grace Katherine and headed back to his table.

Liam stuck his earbuds in but lowered the volume on his player. For a week he had not cared when that bell had rung announcing the coming or leaving of a customer, now it’s all he waited on hearing. He had a plan though, he would not try to converse with Gabriel, just observe. Liam had given him the option to never talk to him again and wasn’t about to break it. So he watched the regular patrons get their coffee, chit chat, or sit, whatever normal people did. He glanced at his phone. Gabriel normally showed up before 7:30am, it was nearly 9:00am. Maybe he really did change his habits. Liam sighed. Just as he debated on packing up the door dinged and in walked Gabriel. Liam propped his head against his hand but kept his eyes up so he could watch and hopefully not be acknowledged. Gabriel did not seem to notice him; he looked a particularly frazzled this morning. The rain must have picked up since his hair was dripping.

“Everything okay Professor?” Grace asked.

“No,” Gabriel said miserably. His voice was hoarse but Liam could hear the congestion that clogged his nose, “My heat went out last night. I’m paying for it today. Coffee plea....”

Eeeeschoooo!

Heh...heh...Eh’tshoooo!

Tsk’xxooo!

Gabriel barely got his handkerchief to his mouth.

“Bless you. You should call off class if you’re sick.” Grace replied setting the coffee on the counter.

“I’ll be fine. Just don’t expect a lot of talk from me today in class.” Liam watched Gabriel give her weak smile. He reached for his wallet, Liam held his breath.

“Oh it’s been taken care of Professor.” Grace said.

Liam could not help but look up just over this monitor at the confused professor. He silently cursed at Grace as her eyes looked directly at him which made Gabriel turn. Liam averted his gaze but could still the two in his peripheral vision. He could not read Gabriel’s expression which was odd since the older man normally wore what he was feeling on his face.

“Well then.” Gabriel replied. Liam’s chest ached as his heart beat hard against it. Gabriel took his coffee bid Grace a good day and left. Liam squeezed his eyes shut; he gripped the back of his neck with his left hand, massaging the knot in his neck.

He heard a small throat clear. Looking up quickly he tried to hide the disappointment in seeing Grace.

“Hi.” She said nervously pushing her black hair behind her ears. “Listen, I don’t know what happened between you and Professor Herondale.”

“Nothing happened. I barely know the guy.” Liam refused to look at her.

“Right.” He could tell she did not believe him. “Well I’ve known him for several years, he’s been coming here since he started teaching and I’ve never seen him actually converse with another person like he does with you.” She paused, “Well one other guy but I haven’t seen him in ages.”

Liam bet his next paycheck she meant the guy in the picture.

“He wasn’t from around here anyways. What I’m saying is Professor Herondale doesn’t have many friends, even the other teachers think he’s weird. They’re polite to him but that's about as far as it goes.

I’d keep you safe, I’d keep you dry.

“You’ve done more in a few weeks then I’ve done....well...ever.” Liam detected a hint of remorse. “Anyways, I just wanted you to know that.” She started back to the counter. “Oh and when he’s sick he likes lemon tea.” She added before going in the back.

Liam got the hint; maybe Grace wasn’t so bad after all. He packed up his laptop and went searching for a store that carried lemon tea.

Liam found the little grocery store did not sell tea but according the person behind the counter there was a tea shop a street over that carried all varieties. Liam sprinted to Lily’s Tea Shop. Panting as he entered the aroma of tea was overwhelming. He wondered how Gabriel even managed in a place like this. Not knowing a darn thing about tea other than instant, he asked for assistance. A guy about his age with shoulder length brown hair wearing an Avengers shirt directed him.

“Is this for Professor Herondale?” The guy asked.

Liam was taken back slightly. “Uh yeah why?”

“I figured. I was in his class a few years back, nice guy just...” The guy tilted his head and glanced upwardly.

“Yeah I know.” Liam said softly.

“Anyways, since it’s difficult for him to come in here, if he needed any he’d ask me to bring some. I didn’t mind, felt badly for the guy. He still emails me every now and then for a refill. I figured he must have just asked you this time.”

He thinks I’m a student, Liam played along. “Ah yeah he did, thanks for the help.” Lemon tea purchased, Liam quickened his pace to Davenport College. He glanced at his phone, it was nearly 11am Liam figured Gabriel would be in class. Suddenly a thought dawned on him; he had no way of giving the tea to Gabriel. Liam knew he locked his office. He could just leave it outside the door or at this apartment, but what if he didn’t see it.

Mid-thought Liam heard two people approaching, he ducked behind a nearby tree to avoid them.

“Hear Professor Rudolph is sick again?” The male said in a tone that did not please Liam.

“Good, maybe he’ll cancel Early 20th Century History, that class is so boring.” The girl replied while looking at her phone.

Liam stayed behind the tree until they were well past mostly because he could not physically move. Hunched over his chest burned and sweat rolled down his face. He rubbed it off with the sleeve of his hoodie. He fought his craving by digging his fingers into the wet grass. But it did not help. Cigarette out and lit, he pulled hard on it, holding then exhaling watching the smoke drift above his head.

Liam you can’t keep doing this. He said inwardly. Gabriel can’t know you smoke.

If I could fly. Then I would know. What life looks like from up above and down below.

Finding his strength again, Liam pushed himself up deciding he would simply come back later after all classes were out. He had heard Grace say days ago that most sessions were out by 4:30pm. Liam killed time by setting up his laptop inside a bistro that faced the river; at least he could watch the water. Sadly around lunchtime it got too crowded for Liam’s tastes so he just went back to the bench he’d made the biggest mistake of his life. Well second biggest, Bryce was still the first. Rain began to fall, the drops making little circles in the slow moving river. He still had time, Liam quickly ran back to his housing to drop off his laptop. About half way there the sky just opened, soaking his hoodie. Thankfully the laptop was still dry as he removed it from the bag. Liam debated on changing but then came to the conclusion as he started back to the college; he was already soaked, so why bother. Liam was about to duck under an overhang near Gabriel’s office but he noticed something on the building which housed his apartment. Running he frowned seeing the note on the door.

Heater still out. Estimated repair time two days. Sorry for any inconvenience. -Management

Wonderful. If Gabriel had sounded that bad just from one night Liam shuddered to think what two more would do to the poor guy. Liam decided to see if Gabriel was actually in his office since it was nearly 4:30. He would simply give him the tea and leave. Rounding the corner to the office, the door was closed and he did not see any lights. Liam sighed, as he took the bag containing the tea out of his pocket he heard footsteps followed by something very familiar.

Ehehxxx’tsooooo!

Liam was no expert but that sounded worse than anything he had heard from Gabriel previously. There was a rough throaty edge to it, like it was accompanied with something much worse.

Eh’Eeeeschooo!

Eeh…hxx’tsooooo!

Liam heard something hit the ground, sounded like Gabriel’s briefcase. He slowly looked around the corner. Gabriel was hunched over, face buried in his overcoat sleeve, briefcase at his feet.

Eh’tschoo!

Eh’tschoo!

Hhh...Heh…Hnh’tschoo!

Gabriel finally look up, Liam swallowed hard. Gabriel looked ghastly; he was whiter than what Liam assumed was humanly possible, except for his cheeks and nose which appeared to be on fire. His eyes had a glazed over exhausted look. Gabriel barely moved before another round of sneezes overtook him.

Eh’tschoo!

Eh’tschoo!

Eeh...eischoooo!

Eh..ehheh...eischoooo!

Nh'ghtd

Nh'xxdt

Gabriel leaned back sliding down the wall. Liam forgot all about the tea and rushed to his side.

“Gabriel.” Liam bent down. Gabriel’s eyes strained as if he was having a hard time focusing. But when they did a very prominent glare fell on Liam.

“Gabriel...I” Liam was cut off by the loud ringing of the phone in the office which made him jump. When he turned back, Gabriel he was already up but leaning against the wall. Liam let him go into his office before he moved to the doorway.

After clearing his throat repeatedly, Liam noticed he winced each time, Gabriel picked up the phone.

“Gabe Herondale.” The throat clearing had not helped. “Yes sir. I’ll be fine. Yes. I know. I know. Yes. Goodnight.” Gabriel hung up the phone then collapsed into the chair behind the desk. Liam decided it was now or never.

He walked in removing the tin of tea, from the bag in his pocket, placing it on the desk. “Here.” Liam was having a hard time finding his own voice, “I hope you feel better Gabriel.” He gave a sympathetic smile. Gabriel did not react. Liam turned and started back down the hall. Exiting he was at least happy the rain had stopped. He was several strides away from the office as he reached into his pockets for a cigarette he felt a pull on his hoodie. Liam turned around a bit shocked to see Gabriel out of breath standing behind him.

“Sorry.” His voice was barely a whisper. “I couldn’t yell your name. I...” He did not get to finish.

Eh’Eeeeschooo!

Eh...Eee’heh’tsooooo!

Gabriel shook his head pulling his handkerchief from his pocket. Liam could tell it had been heavily used today.

“Dear me, I need to go home and get a new one.” Gabriel said after a good blow.

“You need to go home!” Liam barked so hard his voice cracked.

Gabriel gave a humorless laugh, “I can’t I’m giving an exam tomorrow, I...need....to...to...”

Eh...Eee’heh’tsooooo!

“Finish typing up the questions.” He wiped his nose again.

“Gabriel,” Liam was trying to reason with him, “You’re going to give yourself pneumonia. You shouldn’t even be standing out here.”

“I’ll be fine.” Gabriel’s voice barely formed the last word. “I’ll be...” Gabriel swayed, Liam quickly he got under him before the professor regained his composure.

“Sorry, little dizzy.” Liam felt Gabriel lean on him.

“Ok pack up we’re going to my place.” Liam stated firmly. He started helping Gabriel back into the office.

“Liam, its fine, I’ll just do my work from my....” He turned away from Liam.

Heh’tsooooo!

“Sorry.” He followed that with a cough. “From my apartment.”

“Bless you and wrong answer, the heat is still out. I should have mentioned that.” Liam heard Gabriel groan. Back in the office Liam told Gabriel to take anything he’d need for his test. Reluctantly the professor agreed while stifling more sneezes. Liam put the tea back in his pocket and together they started for Liam’s apartment. Liam was not going to lie to himself, he was freezing. His light hoodie already soaked from earlier was sticking to his body. He knew Gabriel was cold too, the older man had been trying to hide it since the office but he was shivering. Liam was at least happy he had a better coat on.

If I could fly. Then I would know. What life looks like from up above and down below.

I’d keep you safe, I’d keep you dry. Don’t be afraid Cecilia I’m the satellite. And you’re the sky.

“What are you humming?” He heard Gabriel whisper. Liam realized it was not just in his head this time.

“Just a song.” Liam stayed close to Gabriel just in case another dizzy spell happened. Liam was relief when they finally reached the house. He helped Gabriel climb the stairs to the second floor apartment. Inside was comfortable, Liam had not tried to turn the heat up since he’d arrived, and today he was going to find out.

Gabriel removed his coat which Liam hung in the shower along with his drenched hoodie. He changed his shirt and grabbed a blanket from off the bed returning to Gabriel who was shivering on the couch. “Here.” Liam handed him the blanket. The relief on the professor's face as he wrapped it around his shoulders melted Liam. Today Gabriel just had on a white button up shirt, dark green bow tie and grey cardigan. “I’ll see if I can turn the heat up too.”

Liam was pleased he was able to turn the heat up a bit. “I’ll be right back.” Liam said walking into the adjacent kitchen. Gabriel nodded quickly.

Eh’tschoo!

Eh’tschoo!

Hhh...Heh...Hnh’tschoo!

Liam searched the small kitchen for a kettle, finding one in the very last cabinet of course. Now he had a new problem, the tea he had bought for Gabriel had actual leaves not a bag so he needed a steeper. Liam tore through the drawers; he gave an audible laugh when he found one.

“Liam?” Gabriel’s gravelly voiced made Liam wince.

“Hold on.” Liam replied.

Hee....heh’tsooooo!

Liam really did not like how raw Gabriel’s sneezing sounded, like it was scrapping the back of his throat. Liam’s own throat was not feeling all the great at the moment either.

The kettle finally whistled Liam grabbed a mug put the lemon tea in the steeper than poured the water over it, that much he’d knew from Cordy. He let it sit for a minute then returned to Gabriel handing him the mug. Liam saw his bowtie was gone, the top shirt button undone.

Gabriel flashed his trademark embarrassed look but then took the mug. Liam noticed he had stopped shivering. After a long drink, Gabriel thanked him.

Liam sat in the chair opposite the couch and booted up this laptop.

“You should have some.” Gabriel whispered bringing his hand to his mouth.

Eh’tschoo!

Eh’tschoo!

Liam didn’t look up from his laptop. “Bless you, never cared for tea much.” He got up grabbing his portable scanner from his computer bag. “Ok this is going to save you from having to re-type everything.” A thought occurred to him. “If you have Word why don’t you just type out questions on that?” Liam’s question was answered as Gabriel looked away blushing.

“I..uh,” He gave a quick throat clear, “I don’t know how to print. I can barely figure out the Xerox machine for copies.”

“Ok that’s understandable. Sadly I don’t have a portable printer, well not with me.” Liam exhaled leaning his chin against his hand. “If we were closer I could send to my home printer but that doesn’t help us....something wrong?” Liam looked up to see the older man giving him an unreadable look.

“Oh, I...” Gabriel’s fingers drummed the mug, “I thought you’d laugh at me again.” He said quietly looking down.

Liam ran his hands through his dirty blonde hair. “Gabriel.” He paused, a small knot formed in his stomach, he drew a breath. “I will never laugh at you again.” He said locking eyes with the professor.

Gabriel closed his eyes, his lips parted into a relaxed smile. “I misjudged you.”

Liam was not about to let himself off that easily. “No you didn’t, I’m a horrendous asshole which I choose to show at the most inopportune times.”

“I don’t believe you.” The seriousness of Gabriel’s tone and look made Liam stop typing. “I think you use that as a blanket excuse for your personality. Just like I use oversensitive. You do think before you speak, yes, but a lot of people do that. You’re also young; you’re influenced by your peers, Bryce for example.” Liam cringed at the name. “Maybe you call yourself that to keep from getting close to people or vice versa but if you really were a ‘horrendous asshole’ as you so eloquently put it, you would not have helped me on the train, you would not have got my inhaler or bought me coffee. I wouldn’t be sitting here right now with my favorite tea; I’d be suffering in my frozen apartment...alone.” He choked out that word and quickly looked away from Liam.

Liam was so engulfed by Gabriel’s words it took him a few moments to realize Gabriel’s was sniffling more. Liam got up but Gabriel cut him off, “Can I-I use your b-b-athroom.” His raspy voice shaking.

“End of the hall.” Liam could see fresh tears glistening in Gabriel’s blue eyes, who nodded thanks, dropped the blanket and rushed down the hall. Although he knew he wasn’t really to blame this time he had now successfully made Gabriel cry twice in barely two days.

With the bathroom not being very far either Liam could hear Gabriel too which made him incredibly uncomfortable, Gabriel altered between sobbing, sneezing and nose blowing. Liam felt like he was inadvertently eavesdropping so he grabbed the mug and walked into the kitchen. It was a good ten minutes before he heard the door open. As bad as Gabriel looked in his office hallway he now topped it. His eyes were all puffed up, redlined which matched his poor nose. His hair was a mess; he clutched the tissue box from the bathroom as he walked back into the living room. He walked past Liam sitting back on the couch pulling the blanket back over his shoulders.

“So,” He had to clear his throat twice before his raspy voice would cooperate, “Not that I’ll understand any of it but explain how that thing,” He pointed to scanner, “is going to help me?”

Liam just looked at him, “Gabriel...” But Gabriel shook his head.

“Please let’s just do this, please.” Gabriel grabbed a few tissues.

Nh'ghtd!

Nh'xxdt!

Liam consented putting the fresh tea in front of the professor. He sat next to him and flipped his laptop around plugging the scanner into a USB port. He then reached for Gabriel’s briefcase handing it to him. “Whatever is going to be on the test give to me.” Liam did not even have to guess the look Gabriel was probably giving him. Liam got several pages of typed questions. “Ok basically I’m going to put the papers through this little device and it’s going to transfer what's on the page to my laptop.” Even using the simplest explanation he could think of the look on Gabriel’s face was clear confusion. Liam smiled, “Ok let me try again.” He thought for a second, “Do you know what a fax machine is?”

Gabriel looked at the ceiling coughing slightly, “Partially.” He barely got his cluster of tissues in time.

Eee…hexx’tsooooo!

“I hate tissues.” He muttered taking a sip of tea.

“Bless you. Sorry.” Liam apologized.

“My fault, I’m just being cantankerous.” Gabriel sighed sipping again.

Liam stifled a giggle, “I like that word. Anyways about the fax machine.” Liam did his best to explain the basic principle of a fax machine and how the scanner basically did the same thing. “So instead of going to another fax machine, the data goes to my laptop. Get it?” He asked running the pages through the scanner.

“I’ll just lie and say yes.” Gabriel sighed; he was really starting to look tired to Liam.

“You’re sick I shouldn’t be throwing all this at you.” Liam turned the laptop screen so Gabriel could see it. “There, everything you just gave me.” He grinned as Gabriel pulled out the black frame glasses and peered at the screen.

Gabriel’s jaw dropped. “How...how did you do that?” He looked from Liam back to the screen, to Liam, to the screen.

“From now on I’m just saying ‘magic’ if you don’t mind.” Liam’s voice cut making him cough.

This caught Gabriel’s attention. “Oh Liam,” He removed his glasses much to Liam’s dismay, “I keep forgetting you got soaked too. You really should try the tea; I promise you it’s heavenly.”

Liam shook his head. “I’m fine really. The tea is yours. If it’s still bothering me tomorrow I’ll get some drops.”

“I’ll give you some, I have plenty.” Gabriel replied dryly grabbing more tissues.

Eh’tschoo!

Eh’tschoo!

Eeh...eischoooo!

Eh..ehheh...eischoooo!

“Bless you. Anyways, now that all the questions are in feel free to add whatever else you want.” Liam leaned back against the couch. Gabriel shifted uneasily.

“You don’t need to keep blessing me and I really shouldn’t be touching your computer.” His voice even quieter.

“Fair enough. Well you could dictate to me but you probably shouldn’t be talking either.” Liam got up off the couch entering the kitchen. “I’ll clean the keyboard later so go do that voodoo that you do so well.”

It was beyond obvious Gabriel did not get the reference only half shrugged, put his glasses back his nose and began typing. Liam swore he heard the professor mutter something about preferring his typewriter which made Liam smile.

Liam gripped the counter top. In no way would he ever admit this to Gabriel but he was feeling rather crappy at the moment. Every time he swallowed his throat felt raw. As much as he appreciated Gabriel’s offer this was something he needed to address now. Plus he was starving; his phone said it was after 6pm.

“I’m going for food, what do you want?” Liam forced his voice to cooperate as he went back to Gabriel. The professor looked up over his glasses at Liam and thought.

“Pizza. Don’t care what’s on it.” He said looking back at the screen. Liam was glad Gabriel couldn’t see the shock on his face. Not what he was expecting from the proper teacher at all. Liam whipped out his phone dialing the number of a place he had ordered from a few days ago. He grabbed another sweatshirt from the bedroom.

“Ok I’ll be back in a bit.” Liam headed for the stairs.

“Liam...” He turned back to Gabriel who was looking at the couch cushion. “I’m sorry about the other day.”

Liam blinked. “What exactly are you sorry about? I’m the one who made you...” Cry. Liam decided against saying that, “...upset. Don’t apologize for my behavior. I won’t be forgiving myself anytime soon for that.”

“I know but...” Gabriel started but Liam cut him off.

“Gabriel,” Liam walked back over and locked eyes with the grey haired professor with those magnificent blue eyes and forever red nose. He looked at the only person he cared about here, the only person he felt comfortable around. He looked at Gabriel Herondale and his heart skipped. “Don’t ever apologize for being you.”

Gabriel’s eye widen while he turned the deepest shade of red possible.

“I’ll be back.” Liam turned heading down the stairs and out the door for the pizza place. He could not contain the smile on his face. You’ve done it this time, Liam. You’ve fallen for an older man. Liam shook his head almost not believing it himself.

I’d keep you safe, I’d keep you dry. Don’t be afraid Gabriel I’m the satellite.

And you’re the sky.

TBC

~~~~

Did anyone really think sensitive Gabriel wouldn't be able to forgive Liam? ;)

TBC! Yay!

Gabe and Liam have made up and soon they will be cuddling (and sneezing) on the couch together. I hope.

D'awwwwwwwwww!!! *clutches heart so tightly it aches*!! This was so perfect! I especially adore how you changed the name in the song to "Gabriel"! Just shows how much he's really relying on this professor as a pillar of strength against his anxiety! (*ahem* do we get a snippet of that at some point?)

Liam is such an amazing sweetheart! I just adore him! And Gabriel....ahhhh... No words! Purely cuddles!

I love how Liam adores Gabriel's glasses :lol: you write his inner dialogue so well!

MOAR MOAR MOAR :heart:

THAT. WAS. AMAZING.

That is all... :D

Heh thank you :blushsmiley:

TBC! Yay!

Gabe and Liam have made up and soon they will be cuddling (and sneezing) on the couch together. I hope.

Oh.....well...we've got a bit before that happens.... won't say too much more....hehehheheeee

D'awwwwwwwwww!!! *clutches heart so tightly it aches*!! This was so perfect! I especially adore how you changed the name in the song to "Gabriel"! Just shows how much he's really relying on this professor as a pillar of strength against his anxiety! (*ahem* do we get a snippet of that at some point?)

Liam is such an amazing sweetheart! I just adore him! And Gabriel....ahhhh... No words! Purely cuddles!

I love how Liam adores Gabriel's glasses :lol: you write his inner dialogue so well!

MOAR MOAR MOAR :heart:

You will...eventually :P

The glasses thing is totally a me thing, I adore guys in glasses (look at Kyoichi XD)

I'm working on it!!!

The glasses thing is totally a me thing, I adore guys in glasses (look at Kyoichi XD)

I've caught that since joining here... I absolutely adore it now!

Eeeehhhh.... I can't wait :D

Wow...just wow.. It keeps getting better! But, but, but Liam really didn't mean any harm by laughing... but I get Gabe's point of view too.. It's so hard to choose sides :P But luckily they made up again so I don't have to! :DD

Looking forward to everything~ >.<

Ohhh gosh that was soo cute! I'm so glad they made up. I mean, I expected it, but... Ngah, is Gabriel going to take care of Liam!? Yessss I just love it!

Spell Casting Witch, on 17 Oct 2015 - 2:29 PM, said:
TBC! Yay!

Oh.....well...we've got a bit before that happens.... won't say too much more....hehehheheeee

I should hope so! I don't want this over too soon. I'm having too much fun reading it.

Omg, I actually just got around to actually listen to Cecilia and the satellite!

I understand why you love it so much!! It s so sweet and perfect for replaying in your head. It has a calming serenity to it and the fact that he wrote it for his baby girl just makes it so much better!!!

It's on spotify peeps, give it a listen! Kaze's on to something good here :D other than her amazing story! :heart:

*clutches chest* Whyy are you doing this to mee...? :lol: I've just binge read this instead of studying.

It's unbearably adorable and the characters are so relatable. You've also kinda reassured me thst there are people out there whom I might charm solely with being a ditz. :P

this fic made me weak ❤❤❤

And your writing is so good, imma look up other fics from you

Keep it up, it's amazing :D

Xo

This story is so.... Words can't even explain how much I enjoy these two!!!

Glad you're enjoying them!

Wow...just wow.. It keeps getting better! But, but, but Liam really didn't mean any harm by laughing... but I get Gabe's point of view too.. It's so hard to choose sides :P But luckily they made up again so I don't have to! :DD

Looking forward to everything~ >.<

He didnt really, it was a spur of the moment thing that poor Gabriel took the wrong way since sadly he is used to it. But yes they made up <3

Ngah, is Gabriel going to take care of Liam!? Yessss I just love it!

Not yet, I have that planned but not for a while.

I should hope so! I don't want this over too soon. I'm having too much fun reading it.

Good! :D

Omg, I actually just got around to actually listen to Cecilia and the satellite!

I understand why you love it so much!! It s so sweet and perfect for replaying in your head. It has a calming serenity to it and the fact that he wrote it for his baby girl just makes it so much better!!!

It's on spotify peeps, give it a listen! Kaze's on to something good here :D other than her amazing story! :heart:

Hahahhahaha yeah song totally fits doesn't it. And thanks :blushsmiley:

*clutches chest* Whyy are you doing this to mee...? :lol: I've just binge read this instead of studying.

It's unbearably adorable and the characters are so relatable. You've also kinda reassured me thst there are people out there whom I might charm solely with being a ditz. :P

Hahaha your comment made me laugh, I do hope you did actually study though!

Gabriel might be a little more ditzy then most but I do think anyone can be charmed by adorable behavior XD

this fic made me weak ❤❤❤

And your writing is so good, imma look up other fics from you

Keep it up, it's amazing :D

Thanks! I only have one other one right now, Of Pride and Stubborness features two of my OCs.

OK SO....I got a bit ahead of myself over in Juto's Guardian Angel drabble cuz her update just was HHHNNGNGGGGGG and I said I'd try to update Morning Coffee to thank her....well I forgot I had something to actually DO today :whistle: I have a good section of part 8 written, Im missing one major event so if it's out today itll be later tonight or maybe tomorrow, but definitely tomorrow.

Thanks for the comments everyone!

OK SO....I got a bit ahead of myself over in Juto's Guardian Angel drabble cuz her update just was HHHNNGNGGGGGG and I said I'd try to update Morning Coffee to thank her....well I forgot I had something to actually DO today I have a good section of part 8 written, Im missing one major event so if it's out today itll be later tonight or maybe tomorrow, but definitely tomorrow.

Thanks for the comments everyone!

Aww thanks Kaze... I'm blushing! Take your time though! Your updates are SO worth waiting for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :heart:

No worries. We'll wait patiently, right here. *gets out deck of cards and deals a hand of solitaire*

No worries. We'll wait patiently, right here. *gets out deck of cards and deals a hand of solitaire*

Haha yeah, it's not like some of us stay up to 2.20 am waiting or anything. ;P

*joins the lonely card table* "care for a game of the international success "go fish"? I brought a pond!" *pulls out a bottle of champagne and 2 straws.

Take your time Kaze :) the company in the camp out front in great :lol:

*joins the lonely card table* "care for a game of the international success "go fish"? I brought a pond!" *pulls out a bottle of champagne and 2 straws.

"Ooo, don't mind if I do. Got any Queens?" :cheers:

"Ooo, don't mind if I do. Got any Queens?" :cheers:

"Only 1 and she's retiring soon to make way for crown prince Frederik!" *does that drum swirl thingy that goes drrrrrrrrumm-chhhhh as she hands over Queen Margrethe II of Denmark*

"Got any cute princes? Mine's asleep?... Oh, no, wait! They're called knaves, right? Knights? Kings men? One if those, if you please."

You guys are hilarious. Part 8!

~~~~

Part 8: Just By Mistake

Liam returned with pizza, cough drops for himself, which he lied and told Gabriel were for him and cold medicine.

“I wasn’t sure of your symptoms so I just got something that covered everything.” He handed the box to Gabriel who looked uncomfortable. Liam refilled the tea so the professor was able to take the medicine. Liam had already downed one cough drop quickly on his way back from the pizza place.

Gabriel typed and ate, Liam just ate. Finally, Gabriel leaned back against the couch exhaling. “Finished. I really should have done these days ago; I did not anticipate my heat going out.” He rubbed his nose with tissues.

Liam sat down turning the laptop back to him making sure everything Gabriel had just typed physically saved then transferred it to a USB drive. Now the problem of how to print everything came back into play. Liam thought of something.

“Does the college have a computer lab?” He asked Gabriel.

“Remember whom you’re asking.” Gabriel replied not looking at Liam. He sounded tired.

Liam moved back to the chair. “Lay down.” But Gabriel shook his head.

“I really should go back to my apartment, I can’t keep impeding on you, Liam.” He voice hitched, he brought his cluster of tissues up.

Eeh...eischoooo!

Eh...ehheh...eischoooo!

Liam waited until Gabriel blew his nose. “Don’t be stubborn. One, you’re not impeding anything. Two, I doubt you could get down the stairs before you collapse. Three, you still need me to print this.”

Gabriel conceded laying down pulling the blanket over him. “I’ll just rest for a bit.” Liam didn’t even have to count to ten before he knew the professor was asleep. Liam pulled the larger comforter off the bed and covered Gabriel with it.

Liam passed the time writing; he was amazed he actually had inspiration lately. He also threw both his hoodie and Gabriel’s coat in the downstairs dryer. After spending out 20 minutes in the laundry room he returned to his apartment. Liam set the professor’s coat over the chair. He was about to sit back at his laptop when he noticed Gabriel shivering even beneath the two blankets. Liam knelt down beside the couch. Sweat beaded on Gabriel’s forehead. Liam gently placed his hand on the older man’s forehead. Oh yeah he has a fever. Liam ran into the kitchen grabbing a jar of Advil shaking two into his hand. Back over to the couch he hated to wake Gabriel up but knew his fever needed to come down.

“Gabriel.” Liam whispered, gently nudging his shoulder. “Gabriel, I need you to sit up quickly.”

The professor groaned, pulling the blanket closer around him.

“It’ll only take a minute, you have a fever, and I need you to take medicine.” Liam nudged him again.

Gabriel sat up not opening his eyes; Liam adjusted the blanket so it would not fall off his shivering patient. “Here.” Liam placed the Advil in Gabriel’s hand who managed to get them in his mouth. Liam then handed him a glass of water. “There, you’ll feel better soon.”

Gabriel sighed. “Thank you Michael.”

Liam froze, nearly dropping the glass he had taken back from Gabriel. The older man lay back down as Liam struggled to find his breath. Michael. Liam quickly recovered Gabriel with the comforter then tore down the stairs, not even bothering putting his hoodie on. Outside he grasped for air, realizing without his hoodie he did not have cigarettes. The sweat on his face stung against the chilling night wind. Michael. It was all he could think about. After several minutes nearly freezing his ass off, Liam found his way back inside. He did not even remember climbing the stairs, only staring at Gabriel from the chair until sleep finally came to him.

Liam jolted awake around 4am. Confused momentarily on why he was in a chair not on the couch. Then everything hit him like a truck. Michael. It had to be the person in the picture. Liam balled his fists together; he did not feel like having another panic attack. Instead he paced trying hard not to think about what Gabriel had said in his fevered state, which only made him think about it more. Truly Liam had never asked Gabriel about the photo and Gabriel had never given him any hints he was with someone. He lived alone, that was obvious and Grace stated he didn’t have many friends.

Well one other person but I haven’t seen him in ages.

Grace’s words rang in Liam’s head. So an ex maybe? Really did it matter at this point? All Liam knew is at some point Gabriel had probably dated this Michael person and recent enough to cause confusion for the poor professor in his state. After nearly making himself sick again Liam decided it would not help his anxiety at all to dwell on it. He sat back down in the chair passing the rest of the early morning staring at the only person he really cared for at this moment all while ignoring the pain in his chest.

Liam was not sure if the professor was actually awake or not, but Gabriel had continuously itched or rubbed his nose for the past several minutes. Finally whatever he was fighting took control.

Eh’tschoo!

Eh’tschoo!

Gabriel rubbed his nose again; his hand reached out from under the blanket pawing for what Liam assumed was a handkerchief. Not finding one, Gabriel finally opened his eyes. Liam desperately tried not to laugh as the confusion of where he was got the better of him. Gabriel looked around the room then at Liam and it finally struck him. Flushing horribly Gabriel shrunk back under the blanket.

“Oh no, no, tell me I didn’t fall asleep on your couch.” A muffled voice said. Liam giggled.

“I wasn’t about to let you go back to your apartment, you know.” Liam replied.

Eeh...eischoooo!

The blanket moved as Gabriel sneezed again.

“Why didn’t you wake me up?” Liam noted though congested Gabriel’s voice sounded better. “I told you I was just going to rest my eyes.”

“Sorry, but I have a rule; sick people get to sleep.” Liam sat back in the chair.

Gabriel groaned pulling the blanket down. Liam was always impressed how hard the older man could blush.

“How are you feeling?” Liam asked hoping Gabriel did not notice the slight anxiety in his voice.

The professor sighed sitting up pulling the blanket around him. “You probably won’t believe me, but better.” He ran his hand over face. “I do remember being very cold last night though.”

Liam swallowed hard, “Yeah you had a pretty high fever.” He forced his voice to cooperate. “I managed to get you to take some Advil.” The pain in his chest suddenly came back.

Gabriel looked surprised, “I don’t even remember that.” He said with a slight cough. “But thank you.”

He doesn’t remember! Liam seriously was so relieved he nearly fell out of his chair. The pressure in his chest lessened, he would deal with whoever Michael was at a later date.

“What time is it?” Gabriel stretched suppressing a yawn.

Liam looked at his phone. “A little after 6am.”

“Ok so how are you so darn chipper already?” Gabriel asked throwing Liam a half glare.

Liam drummed his fingers together, “I have insomnia so sleep doesn’t always happen. I got about two hours.” Liam did not like the worried look on Gabriel’s face. “But its fine, I’ve learned to live with it.”

The professor did not react for a moment; Liam was starting to feel uncomfortable. “That’s not something you should just ‘learn to live with’ Liam.” Gabriel finally said seriously.

Liam shrugged, “Not a big deal.” He sighed, “Anyways I’ve figured out how we’re going to print your test.”

Gabriel frowned, “You’re not getting off the hook that easily.”

Liam gave a tired laugh, “Gabriel after we’re done with this and you’re well, feel free to lecture the hell out of me, I’ll sit like a good pupil and listen. But for now let’s focus on the task at hand.” He motioned to the laptop. “I found the computer lab by searching Davenport’s homepage, apparently it’s in the basement of Campbell Hall...will you please stop giving me that look!”

Gabriel sat hands folded with what Liam could only describe as “disappointed teacher” look. Like Liam had forgotten to turn in homework. Liam ran his hand through his hair then looked back up at Gabriel.

“You said you had a bad night on Thursday...” Gabriel started but then turned away.

Eh’tschoo!

Eh’tschoo!

Liam handed him the tissue box. “I did and one day I’ll explain all my little idiosyncrasies but for now just tell me where Campbell Hall is.”

Gabriel took a few tissues. “I’m holding you to that.” He replied then blew his nose. “Ugh, I really do feel better today. I’m sure it’s hard to tell.” He gave a weak laugh. “I just need to get through today. I never have classes on days after exams so if I make it through today and I can go home and hibernate until Monday and hopefully recuperate from this cold. I know I take a plethora of sick days but I’ve never missed an exam.” His tone tightened, “But the Dean of Students always feels the need to call me, reminding me to be there, just in case. Because we need to make sure Gabe’s illness doesn’t interfere with exams.” He sighed which turned into a small cough. “And I’m babbling, I do that when I’m sick.” Gabriel blushed slightly.

“I know, you said that on the train.” Liam replied a small smile graced his face.

“Do you remember every conversation you have with someone?” Gabriel asked rubbing his nose.

Liam shrugged, “I need to remember details, get some alcohol in me and I might forget a few things though.”

“Oh so all I need to do is get you drunk and you’ll spill all your dirty little secrets?” Gabriel eyed him.

Now it was Liam’s turn to blush horribly. “D-don’t say it like that!”

“I’m joking. I know it’s hard to tell sometimes.” Gabriel coughed. “We all have things we don’t want to talk about.” Liam noticed Gabriel tensed as he said this. Gabriel rubbed his eyes, “Sorry I need coffee, I promise I become more pleasant after I have some.”

“I only have the lemon tea at the moment. Want some?” Liam got up as he saw Gabriel nod. Tea brewed Gabriel was able to take more cold medication which made Liam happy.

“Can I use your phone?” Gabriel asked putting his mug down. The look he gave as Liam held out his cell was not something Liam would soon forget. A great mixture of horror and embarrassment making the professor look away blushing. “A real phone I mean.”

Liam sighed, “Just give me the number.” He pressed the numbers to Gabriel’s apartment complex in and hit “Call”.

“There should be an automatic response about the state of the heater repair.” Gabriel barely got the sentence out as his voice hitched, he grabbed his tissues.

Eeh...eischoooo!

Heh...heh...eischoooo!

The message kicked on just as Gabriel finished sneezing stating the heat was in fact repaired.

“Hallelujah hot water again.” Liam watched the older man relax against the couch. “What time is it?”

“6:30.” Liam said glancing at his phone. He was trying very hard to hide his disappointment that Gabriel wouldn’t be staying with him again. Liam, stop moping that his heater was fixed, be grateful he won’t be freezing tonight. Liam decided to ignore the voice in his head.

Gabriel obviously didn’t notice this. “Okay good, just enough time to go home, change, get coffee and print out my test.” Liam could not help notice the professor’s mood had improved since the heater news.

Liam handed Gabriel his coat and scarf then threw on his hoodie. The chill in the air made Liam’s lungs hurt. He glanced over at Gabriel hoping he was warm enough.

“You really need a better coat Liam.” Gabriel looked over at him. “That little music hoodie is not going to keep you very warm this winter. Trust me I’ve lived here long enough to know.”

“Not really a coat person.” Liam said trying not to have his teeth start chattering. He heard Gabriel scoff. Together they walked to Gabriel’s apartment. The blast of warm air as they walked through the door was a definite improvement.

“Sorry it’s a bit of a mess.” Gabriel apologized removing his coat. Liam thought “a bit” was an understatement. This was full on clutter. Liam had not really noticed it when he had come for the inhaler but looking around, this was actually making him anxious.

“I might dress like Felix Unger but sadly I do not share his need for cleanliness.” Gabriel said walking down the hall into his bedroom.

Liam just looked around. It was not bad honestly, Liam had seen worse, there was just stuff everywhere, much like Gabriel’s office. Books and papers piled on tables, a few pizza boxes on the counter and dishes in the sink. Liam already knew what Gabriel’s kitchen table looked like.

“Yeah...I see...wait...” Something Gabriel had said struck him. “Did you just reference The Odd Couple?”

Behind his bedroom door, Liam heard Gabriel whistle the first few bars of the TV show theme. Liam laughed out loud, “Gabriel, there is hope for you yet!”

“Don’t count on it.” Gabriel replied. Liam laughed again, it felt good. He glanced over at the photo on the table next to the door. Oddly it was facing down. Liam decided not to look at it just in case Gabriel came out.

Gabriel emerged, new shirt, new tie, same sweater, overall he looked better than he had previously. His nose and cheeks were still quite red, but his color was better and he did not look as tired as he had when Liam first found him in the office hallway. Gabriel also wasn’t sneezing as much; Liam hoped this meant the medicine he bought was working.

“I just need to get through today.” Gabriel repeated, to Liam it sounded like the professor was trying to psych himself up. Liam watched as Gabriel pulled out his watch. “I know we’re on campus but I need coffee.”

“You go do that I’ll find Campbell Hall.” Liam said putting some books in a pile.

Gabriel sighed, “I never did tell you where it was did I?” He looked away from Liam.

“Well I looked at the college map but it desperately needs to be updated, awful quality.” Liam straightened a few books on a shelf.

“Could you stop cleaning my apartment?” Gabriel said laughing.

Liam threw a confused look at the older man then realized what he was doing. “Sorry.” He muttered, “Didn’t even notice it. I’m not OCD honestly. I just like clean.” He shrugged.

“You and I could be The Odd Couple.” Gabriel said nonchalantly stuffing a clean handkerchief and his inhaler in his coat. Liam was beyond happy the professor was not looking at him; he did not want to know how red his face was.

Gabriel told him how to find Campbell Hall then the two split up, agreeing to meet at Baker Hall where the exam was.

Davenport’s computer lab was about what Liam expected but the computers were fairly new and thankfully had USB ports. Liam printed out the exams Gabriel had asked for then made his way to Baker. Standing just inside the door he watched as Gabriel finally made his way up the steps.

Liam was rather surprised at the scowl Gabriel was giving him. “Are you ever going to let me pay for coffee again?” He handed Liam a latte. Liam just rolled his eyes innocently. Entering Gabriel’s classroom, which looked like any other classroom, a desk in front, about 25 chairs, a chalkboard which Liam bet money the professor actually used, Liam put the exams on the desk. He turned to find Gabriel facing him.

“You didn’t bring your laptop? How did you print my exams?” He gave a quizzical look. Liam pulled his USB drive from his hoodie.

“Magic.” He replied simply.

Gabriel rolled his eyes making Liam giggle. “Listen Liam,” Gabriel started after a moment Liam saw him flush. “You really helped me a lot the past two days. I...I really appreciate it.” He rubbed his nose. “I don’t know how I can pay you back.”

Liam shrugged, “You don’t have to. It was nothing.”

“It was not nothing.” Gabriel faced him but still would not look at Liam. “I owe you more than coffee, when I eventually can pay for it again.”

“Gabriel, we’re friends, I was just...” Liam stopped at the shocked look that now graced the professor’s face. “Gabriel?” Liam was not certain but it looked like the older man was about to cry. Again. “You okay?”

“Yes, of course.” Gabriel looked away quickly. Liam saw him pull his handkerchief from his pocket.

Through all the things my eyes have seen. The best by far is you.

“I just...” Gabriel voice went out forcing him to clear his throat. “I’m fine, totally fine.” Liam knew he had wiped his eyes but decided the poor guy was embarrassed enough so he would pretend not to notice. “I really should pay you back though. Music. You like music right?”

“Gabriel...” Liam started but was quickly cut off.

“A simple yes will suffice.” Gabriel replied, his eyes a tiny bit red.

“Yes.” Liam said in a sigh.

“Okay. Okay I can work with that.” Gabriel rubbed his nose again. “Might take me a few days but I can make it work.” He twisted his handkerchief in his hands. Liam just shook his head.

“Do you have any paper?” Liam asked.

Gabriel confused walked over to his desk, pulling out paper and a pen. Liam leaned over the desk. “Since I can’t text you, here.” He gave Gabriel the paper. “This is my cell number. I always have it on, as you’ve probably noticed. If you’re heat goes out again or you need something, call me.”

Gabriel face suddenly matched his nose. “Thank you.” He said quietly. Liam looked at his phone, it was nearly 9am. He looked back at the professor who was desperately trying to regain his composure. The classroom door opened, a student walked in. Liam knew it was time to go. “Don’t bother with coffee tomorrow, just go home and rest.” He smiled at Gabriel who nodded.

“Bye Liam.” He replied.

“I hope you feel better Gabriel.” Liam said leaving the classroom. Liam was barely outside before he broke into a run. He had no idea why he was running, he hated running but all he knew is all the energy he had pent up trying to not hold Gabriel after his reaction to Liam calling him his friend needed to be burned off. So he ran all the way back to his housing, the entire time a huge smile on his face.

TBC

~~~~

Awwwww Kaze, such a wonderful update! :D poor flustered Gabriel spending the night on Liam's couch. And poor Liam being called "Michael" for his efforts! Made me so sad :cry:

Hahaha I loved when Gabriel acted the "disappointed professor"! Hilarious! Spill the beans Liam, your teacher is worried! He DOES teach psychology. there may be hope for you yet.

This little bit killed me:

He had no idea why he was running, he hated running but all he knew is all the energy he had pent up trying to not hold Gabriel after his reaction to Liam calling him his friend needed to be burned off.

I'm so excited to see where this "treasure map" takes us next. There was no obvious follow up theme to this chapter in my mind, so now im all curious and excited to see where you'll take this :D

Loved it!!!!! :heart:

Archived