Sneeze Fetish Forum

Morning Coffee (32 Parts - Complete)

Kaze Wo Hiku

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:D these updates make me so happy!!!!

I really hope that gave gets to do some caretaking of Liam!

Eventually :)

Awwwww Kaze, such a wonderful update! :D poor flustered Gabriel spending the night on Liam's couch. And poor Liam being called "Michael" for his efforts! Made me so sad :cry:

Hahaha I loved when Gabriel acted the "disappointed professor"! Hilarious! Spill the beans Liam, your teacher is worried! He DOES teach psychology. there may be hope for you yet.

This little bit killed me:

He had no idea why he was running, he hated running but all he knew is all the energy he had pent up trying to not hold Gabriel after his reaction to Liam calling him his friend needed to be burned off.

I'm so excited to see where this "treasure map" takes us next. There was no obvious follow up theme to this chapter in my mind, so now im all curious and excited to see where you'll take this :D

Loved it!!!!! :heart:

I have a plan, it's kinda like Jack's compass in POTC, it'll show you how to get there, you just might need to take the long way XDDD

Liam will be forced to "spill the beans" soon.

Aww they're just... So great. I reallg love your writing style, it's so... Seamless. Gah. Words. Beauty. Bleah.

Aww thank you, I really appreciate that!! //totally not blushing like Gabriel

*intoxicated seal noises*

Ha! I hope this means you liked it XDD

I saw there was an update but I had wait until now to read it. So worth it. I love how these two are slowly spiraling in together. (But NO crash and burn allowed.) Beautiful!

*starts shuffling cards*

I saw there was an update but I had wait until now to read it. So worth it. I love how these two are slowly spiraling in together. (But NO crash and burn allowed.) Beautiful!

*starts shuffling cards*

I totally agree! I love that you manage to savour everything, it makes the inevitable parts were all waiting for SO much more enjoyable :D they are such wonderful characters and you write thier interaction and personalities so well! I'm in awe :)

*Rests her "LIBRIEL 4EVER" cardboard sign against the table before sitting down to pick up her small pile of cards.*

"S'up? How 'bout them knaves eh?"

@ All Juto's eve Ditto!!

*Rests her "LIBRIEL 4EVER" cardboard sign against the table before sitting down to pick up her small pile of cards.*

*Dealing in another hand, "In the US we call them 'Jacks'. Love your sign BTW" *

*starts shuffling cards*

No promises :P

i feel like liam should get sick too though. I love this so much!

Oh Liam has his issues but that will happen eventually...

*starts shuffling cards*

I totally agree! I love that you manage to savour everything, it makes the inevitable parts were all waiting for SO much more enjoyable :D they are such wonderful characters and you write thier interaction and personalities so well! I'm in awe :)

@ All Juto's eve Ditto!!

D'awwwwww :blushsmiley:

Ok first...wow guys 3k views??? Seriously I never thought Id get this many for something that Ive honestly been throwing together for only a few days. Thank you all! :clapping2:

~~~~

Part 9: I Write Sins Not Tragedies

Liam was not going to lie to himself, he was ecstatic that it was finally Monday. Gabriel had kept to his word and not shown up for coffee following Tuesday’s exam. Liam had, since for one, he did not want break his little routine and two he did it on the off chance Gabriel had shown up. Liam was happy Gabriel was getting rest but at same time hated the idea of not seeing his quirky teacher lately.

Liam sat at his table, laptop open but not paying any attention to it. He watched the door like a hawk trying not to look at his phone. 7:30am. 8:00am. 8:15am. Liam was starting to get worried. Gabriel had been late before so this wasn’t completely unexpected. 8:30am. 8:45am. Liam’s knee twitched as he sat. He thought about ordering another coffee but figured he was jittery enough. At 8:50am Graced walked over to Liam’s table.

Liam did not like the look on her face. “Hi. Email from Professor Herondale. Class is cancelled today. Thought you’d want to know.”

Liam felt the floor fall out from under him. He did not remember saying anything to Grace, just grabbing his laptop hightailing it to Gabriel’s apartment. There was no sign indicating the heat was out which pleased Liam. Out of breath by the time he reached the third floor, he paused to collect himself. This is another reason you need to quit smoking.

Deep breath, he knocked on the door. “Gabriel?” Liam then realized Gabriel might be sleeping. However he heard distinct movement behind the door.

The door opened, “Hi Liam.” Gabriel was not wearing his normal teaching attire today. Instead he wore blue striped pajamas, with his tan cardigan over his shoulders. “Sorry I couldn’t make coffee today.” His dejected expression killed Liam.

“Who cares about coffee? Are you alright? Grace told me you cancelled your classes today.” Gabriel opened the door letting Liam in.

“I did yes.” He coughed. “Trust me I didn’t want to.” Gabriel sat down on the couch, resting his head in his hands. “I was getting better. Wednesday and Thursday I slept, it felt great. Friday I thought I was over it so I went out. I ran a few errands, nothing too strenuous. Saturday I woke up all stuffy again but I didn’t think too much of it. Saturday night I could barely breathe, apparently going out triggered my ragweed allergy. I spent most of the weekend miserable, the coughing and sneezing due to allergies must have made me relapse since I had not fully recovered from my cold. I think I have a sinus infection now.” He pulled his sweater closer around him.

“Why didn’t you call me?” Liam said louder then he wished. “I told you if you needed anything to call.”

Gabriel shrugged, “I felt better, and I didn’t think it was necessary. Besides I’ve bothered you enough.” He grabbed a handkerchief from the couch.

Eh’tschoo

Heh..Eh’tschoo

Tsk’tschoo

Liam saw the pain on Gabriel’s face as he blew his nose. “Ow.” The professor said quietly. “I appreciate you coming by but you don’t need to stay. I’d hate myself if I got you sick.” Gabriel looked away.

“I think I’ve built up a decent immunity to you.” Liam meant it as a joke but regretted it immediately. Gabriel just glared. “Sorry.” Liam apologized.

“Don’t apologize, I’m just being irascible.” Gabriel got up walking into his kitchen. Liam saw him grab a box of sinus headache medicine, popping two pills into his mouth. He did not even bother using water, just threw his head back swallowing.

“Should you go to the doctor?” Liam at this point was trying any suggestion.

“My doctor is a 45 minute train ride away. Needless to say I don’t quite feel up to it.” Gabriel coughed. “I could call his office though, he knows me well enough he might fill the prescription without an appointment, goodness knows he’s done it before. I’d still have to go in town to get it though.”

“Do it, I’ll get the prescription.” Liam said, again, a little too enthusiastically. Gabriel just looked at him and shook his head.

“Fine.” He said.

Liam sat as patiently as possible, trying not to straighten the apartment, as Gabriel called his doctor. From the sound of it Gabriel was able to get a prescription for his sinus infection and one for his inhaler which Liam found to be nearly empty.

“It should be ready in half an hour.” Gabriel said turning away from Liam.

Eh’tschoo!

Eh’tschoo!

Heh...Eh’tschoo!

Liam winced as Gabriel left out a painful groan before round two hit.

Eh’tschoo!

Eh’tschoo!

Eh’tschoo!

Heh...heh...Heh’tschoo!

Liam picked up a handkerchief from the table handing it to Gabriel.

“Thank you.” The professor replied, his voice thick with congestion. “As much as I detest being sick. I hate allergies.” He blew his nose which triggered a hard cough.

“You should have stayed inside.” Liam said moving some of the medicine on the kitchen table into piles.

Gabriel scoffed, “Should I live in a bubble too Liam?” His tone was bitter. Liam could not blame him but still felt a bit hurt from the comment. Gabriel apparently noticed.

“Sorry, again. Allergy medicine makes me...”

“Querulous.” Liam tried not smiling.

“Of course you remembered.” Gabriel said stiffly. “I had hoped to see you at Grace’s the following Friday, I...had been a bit short with you the day before. I felt bad.”

That’s why he was there! “No worries.” Liam said quickly looking at his phone. “Where’s the pharmacy in town?” Gabriel gave him the address which Liam punched into his phone. “Ok not that far. I’ll be right back.”

“Hold on.” Gabriel went into the bedroom. Liam arched his head around the wall to see what the older man was doing. “Here.” He threw Liam a black coat. “Since you insist on being my caretaker while I’m ill I will not have you developing pneumonia from that light little music hoodie of yours. Put that on.”

Liam set his phone on the table so he could put the coat on. “Satisfied?” He quipped.

“It’s a little big but you’re also scrawny.” Gabriel replied folding his arms.

“I’m what?!” Liam could not believe his ears. “Do you lose all your sense of tact on allergy meds too?” He wasn’t mad honestly but Gabriel was definitely acting weird.

Gabriel looked at him then flushed horribly turning away. “Oh goodness Liam, forgive me.” He ran his hand through his hair. “No coffee plus allergy meds doesn’t make Gabe very pleasant.”

All work and no play. “No worries.” Liam opened the door, “I’ll be right back.”

“Liam,” Gabriel did not look at him. “When you get to the pharmacy check the inside pocket.” Liam nodded and shut the door.

Liam was about half way there when he realized he’d left his phone at Gabriel’s so he relied on his memory picturing the map in his head. It was just as good as his phone’s map. He was able to get the prescription easily; obviously Gabriel was a regular to the little pharmacy which did not sit entirely well with Liam. He was just about to start back when what Gabriel said rang in his head. Quickly he reached inside the coat hoping he had not messed up somehow, he had been told to check before the pharmacy. What Liam pulled out answered his question; Gabriel had done this on purpose. In his hands Liam held an iTunes gift card.

Thank you for everything. ~ Gabe

Liam ran his hands over the top of the card. Music. You like music right? “Grace must have helped him.” Liam said aloud.

He stuck the card in his hoodie and hurried back with the medicine Liam was just about to open Gabriel’s door when he heard “Bloody hell!” from inside.

Now in the few weeks Liam had known Gabriel, Liam had picked up on the professor’s odd way of talking. This was as close to swearing as he got so obviously something was not right. Liam slowly opened the door to find Gabriel standing in the kitchen. The door creak alerted the professor who jumped throwing his hand behind his back.

“Liam! Y-you’re back, already!” Gabriel was nearly out of breath.

Liam had no idea what was going on, “Well I told you I’d be right back.” He set the medicine down on the table then approached Gabriel who took several steps back, his face was beet red. “What’s wrong?”

“I...um...well,” Gabriel sighed heavily then brought his hand back out. Liam looked down at his cracked phone screen. “I didn’t mean it! I’m such a klutz! I-I was looking at it and it moved or something which I wasn’t expecting so I dropped it and it hit the floor and well...sorry.” His voice nearly gave out on the last word.

Liam took the phone from Gabriel. There was a pretty sizeable crack in his screen, not the first time it had happened and not the last either. “It’s fine, honestly.” He added trying to calm his technology impaired friend. “It...happens. I’ll just need to take it to a store.”

“You’re pretty calm for someone whose phone just broke.” Gabriel said rubbing his nose with his handkerchief.

Liam laughed slightly, “It’s not broken, look.” He slid the lock screen revealing the number pad. “I can still use it, the screen is just broken. It’s a fairly common issue.” Something dawned in him. “Why were you looking at my phone?”

If possible Gabriel blushed even harder than before. “I...was just curious. Every person on the planet seems to have one...I just...” He looked away. “I shouldn’t have touched it.”

Liam looked at his notifications; he saw a text from Melody. “The phone vibrates when I get a text, that’s why it moved.” He smiled at Gabriel who was removing his medicine from the bag.

“It wasn’t Bryce was it?” Gabriel said apprehensively.

“No, just my sister.” Liam replied typing a message back. “Amazingly Bryce has left me alone for a few glorious days.”

“Does this mean you’ve been sleeping?” Liam winced at Gabriel’s question. “It’s not hard to connect he’s part of the reason for your insomnia.” Gabriel continued.

Not now, Gabriel not now. Liam cleared his throat quickly. “If I recall correctly I said you could only lecture me after you were over your cold.”

Gabriel frowned but did not argue. Liam watched him take the medicine from the doctor, and then he sat down on the couch pulling a blanket over him.

“If you’re tired I can leave.” Liam said secretly hoping Gabriel wasn’t.

Gabriel waved him off. “I’m just...so ready to be well again.” He leaned forward resting his head in his hands.

“Will you be able to have class tomorrow?” Liam asked booting up his laptop. He needed to search for the closest Apple Store to Prim.

Gabriel gave a weak nod, “I just needed one more day to recover really. Though with the meds you got me I should be fine by this weekend. I really shouldn’t have cancelled, I tried, I really tried to get myself dressed this morning but you see how far I got.” He coughed into his hand.

Liam did not mind he thought the professor looked adorable in his pajamas.

“What are you doing?” Gabriel asked when he saw the laptop open.

“Looking for an Apple Store,” He typed it into a search engine. “The company that makes my phone.” He answered Gabriel’s confused look.

“Oh they make computers!” He said cheerfully.

“And Gabriel wins this round of pop culture talk.” Liam said giving him a smile. Gabriel smirked, and then quickly turned away.

Eh’tschoo!

Heh...heh...Heh’tschoo!

“If Gabe could only win this round of stop sneezing.” He said pinching the bridge of his nose.

“According to Google there’s an Apple Store in the Three Rivers Mall.” Liam was about to find out where that was when Gabriel spoke up.

“Oh that’s in Devonshire, that’s...where my doctor is.” He looked away briefly. “Devonshire is probably the closest big city we have out here.”

“So 45 minute train ride?” Liam remembered the professor’s earlier comment.

Gabriel nodded, “Though the train only runs there on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays.” His voice hitched, Gabriel grabbed a handkerchief.

Heh...heh....hhh....

He sighed, “Finally was able to hold one.” He leaned back.

“Ok well I can go on Wednesday then....what?” Liam noticed Gabriel’s disappointed look.

“It’s just...it was my fault, I should come with you but I can’t go on Wednesday.” Liam wasn’t sure but he swore Gabriel was irritated by Liam going himself. Maybe it was just his imagination.

“Well let’s see how you’re feeling on Friday first.” As much as Liam wanted to have a little “date” with Gabriel, he was not about to put his unrequited feelings before his friends health.

Liam packed up and left the apartment not long after giving Gabriel a chance to rest so he would be better for class tomorrow. While walking home Liam could not help but secretly thank Gabriel for breaking his phone.

“You really didn’t need to come.” Liam looked over at Gabriel who was sitting next to him on the train. “I’d hate for you to relapse again.” They had caught the 9:00am train to Devonshire where the mall was located, grabbing coffee since Liam did not want unpleasant Gabriel accompanying him to the store. Together they now sat for the roughly the 45 minute ride.

Gabriel waved him off. “It’s my fault your phone broke.” He flushed slightly then quickly pulled his scarf over his nose.

Eh’tschoo!

“Besides I can’t live in a proverbial bubble all the time. I did still have class this week, minus Monday.” Scarf up again.

Eh’tschoo!

Eh’tschoo!

Gabriel shook his head. “This is mostly residual and just me being me.” He sighed.

Liam threw him an apologetic smile. The day had not started off well for the professor who already felt bad enough for breaking Liam’s phone screen he had also not slept well due to his lingering cold and allergy issues and had forgotten a handkerchief.

“I’ve had this bloody cold for nearly two weeks.” Gabriel complained rubbing his nose against his coat sleeve. Liam really didn’t know what to say to make his friend feel any better. The prescription Liam had gotten Gabriel was working, he could tell a difference between Monday and today. However, it was not working fast enough for Gabriel’s liking.

Eh’tschoo!

“Sorry.” He sniffed hard. “I’m always a sneezy mess in the morning even when I’m not sick.” He looked away running his hand through his grey hair messing it.

God you’re so cute. Liam said internally. Truthfully he was happy Gabriel was with him. Liam always did better in large groups of people if someone else he knew was around. One of the only reasons he was able to go to clubs with Bryce.

All Liam needed to do was go in the Apple Store get a new phone and be done. He and Gabriel exited the train walking the few blocks from the station to the mall. It was bright and clear for late October but still cold. The sun gave no warmth. He did not admit it but Liam knew Gabriel had thrown him a dirty look as he was only wearing his “music hoodie” and Gabriel affectionately referred to it.

Liam took a deep breath as the automatic doors opened letting them into the mall. It was crowded, Liam had not expected this many people this early in the morning. His chest began to tighten.

“Before we find your store, I need to find a restroom.” Gabriel said. Liam knew he desperately needed to blow his nose. Liam waited in the corridor until Gabriel emerged looking slightly relieved, his nose quite red.

Liam located the store on the mall directory; it was not too far from their current location. The store was just as busy as Liam feared. Too many people. Liam just stood looking at the store front for a moment.

If I could fly. Then I would know. What life looks like from up above and down below.

Right before he was about to entered he realized Gabriel was looking at him.

“Sorry did you say something?” Liam really tried to make it sound like he just not heard the professor.

“I said, since I know absolutely nothing about your little phone or this store I’m going to buy some handkerchiefs, I need some badly.” Karma struck making him pull his scarf up again.

Eh’tschoo!

Liam swallowed hard. “Okay then.” He hoped his voice did not sound as shaky as it had to him.

“I’ll meet you back here.” Gabriel smiled walking away. Liam’s hands began to shake. Calm down, you can do this. Liam wished to God he had brought his cigarettes. Inhaling deeply Liam walked into the store.

Almost immediately breathing was difficult. Apple Stores were always busy; Liam knew this which is why he had been depending on Gabriel for support. That was now gone. You should have told him, he wouldn’t have left you. Liam forced his voice to work as he talked to a technician about his phone.

I'd keep you safe. I'd keep you dry.

Liam was not even sure how long it was taking to get a new phone; to him it seemed like hours. His hands shoved inside his hoodie pockets so the technician would not see them shake. His vision would blur forcing Liam to blink rapidly; every breath was hard, his lungs just refusing to cooperate. Finally everything was transferred and he was done. Grabbing his phone, he barely was able to thank the person before stumbling out of the store. Any relief Liam thought he would achieve did not happen. People hurried past him going wherever mall patrons go. His head began to spin; he fought not falling over finally making it to a bench in a hallway next to the store. Head between his knees he clenched his hair in his hands. Gabriel where are you? Breath was not coming, he panted for any air his lungs would take in. His craving for nicotine was nearly unbearable.

Don't be afraid Cecilia. I'm the satellite.

“There you are.” A familiar voice said.

Shit.

“Did you get...Liam?” He could only hear Gabriel he could not look at him. “Liam you’re shaking, what’s wrong?” Liam felt Gabriel's coat fall onto his frame, he pulled it close around him. Gabriel sat next to him. Liam sat up slowly hating the worried look on his friends face. Tears welled in Liam’s brown eyes; he turned trying to blink them away.

“You’re having an anxiety attack aren’t you?” Gabriel said quietly. Liam could only nod. “Ok try to breath, do you want to leave?” Liam nodded furiously. Gabriel helped Liam up and they exited through the hallway door which led to a back hall probably used for deliveries. A few turns later, they were back outside where the cold air was all the Liam needed to get his lungs to start working again. He leaned against the brick facade closing his eyes hoping the deep breaths would bring calm. It did but more tears also came as Liam slowly realized he would have to explain himself to Gabriel.

“Gabriel.” He started.

“Not now.” The professor said calmly. “Relax first, let’s get you back home and then we can talk.”

Liam rubbed his eyes, his vision cleared and he saw Gabriel holding a blue handkerchief out for him. “Here.”

Liam looked away blushing but took it wiping his eyes again. It then hit him he was still wearing Gabriel’s coat.

“God Gabriel you’re probably freezing!” Liam whipped the coat off giving it back to the older man.

Gabriel shrugged, “I didn’t even notice the cold. And stop worrying about me.”

“Yeah but,” Liam stopped as Gabriel put his hand on Liam’s face.

“You’ve spent so much time worrying about me; let me worry about you for once.” He said with those magnificent blue eyes.

It took every bit of strength Liam had left not to physically melt, the pain in his chest released. He felt a small smile form on his face. “Ok.”

For now he would concede but still knowing Gabriel expected an explanation for all this did not sit well. However Gabriel was owed an answer and honestly Liam felt more comfortable telling his quirky teacher than even his own sister.

Gabriel held onto him as they walked back to the train station. Liam now had at least 45 minutes to figure just how he was going to explain all this to Gabriel.

~~~~

Ooohhhh my God, Kaze!! So so so so so so so very just freaking ahhhhhhh..

Liam's reaction when he heard Gabriel was still sick = adore!

A Pajama wearing Gabriel being a klutz!( just the word in itself = so him) = pure love

Liam finding him cute = d'AWWWWW!!!

The anxiety attack =':cry: poor Liam!

Ahhhhh, but the face/hand contact and the "let me worry about you for once" = puddle of Danish goo!

Aaaaargh!! Now I'm even more (if possible) impatient for the next part!! Spill the beans, Liam, SPILL THE BEANS!!!!!

So much love and appreciation for this story!!!!! :heart:

Yeah! Another update! You rock!

Oh, I love the mutual concern and caring.

How clever of Gabriel to give Liam an iTunes card in his own coat, pretty sneaky.

Poor Liam with his anxiety attack and Gabriel to the rescue. I bet Gabriel doesn't get to rescue people much.

Can't wait to learn more!

Want some ice cream? *offers spoon and container*

!!!!!!! I was kinda hoping that Liam would come down with a terrible fever and that Gabe would have to take care of him, but the panic attack was cute too .I guess Liam's feeling better then( physical state wise)?

thanks for the updaaaate!

I do enjoy this story! I'm so happy when you update! Thanks for keeping it frequent too, I know how hard that is.

Ooohhhh my God, Kaze!! So so so so so so so very just freaking ahhhhhhh..

Liam's reaction when he heard Gabriel was still sick = adore!

A Pajama wearing Gabriel being a klutz!( just the word in itself = so him) = pure love

Liam finding him cute = d'AWWWWW!!!

The anxiety attack =' :cry: poor Liam!

Ahhhhh, but the face/hand contact and the "let me worry about you for once" = puddle of Danish goo!

Aaaaargh!! Now I'm even more (if possible) impatient for the next part!! Spill the beans, Liam, SPILL THE BEANS!!!!!

So much love and appreciation for this story!!!!! :heart:

Not gonna lie, PJ!Gabriel might be better then suit!Gabriel in my mind....

I'll get the next part out as soon as I can...havent written it yet...

Yeah! Another update! You rock!

Oh, I love the mutual concern and caring.

How clever of Gabriel to give Liam an iTunes card in his own coat, pretty sneaky.

Poor Liam with his anxiety attack and Gabriel to the rescue. I bet Gabriel doesn't get to rescue people much.

Can't wait to learn more!

Want some ice cream? *offers spoon and container*

To clarify, the coat wasnt Gabriel's norming coat, just a spare black one he had but yes I did love his little plan to get Liam the giftcard.

Knowing Gabriel's lack of friends Im sure he doesnt get to rescue people that often, so Liam better make it up to him!

Ohhh no poor Liam! At least now, maybe it'll all come spilling out. I'm looking forward to the next part!

Yeah Liam's backed himself into a corner...

!!!!!!! I was kinda hoping that Liam would come down with a terrible fever and that Gabe would have to take care of him, but the panic attack was cute too .I guess Liam's feeling better then( physical state wise)?

thanks for the updaaaate!

I do enjoy this story! I'm so happy when you update! Thanks for keeping it frequent too, I know how hard that is.

I actually do have a sick!Liam plan in my head but it won't happen for a while, several things need to happen before we get there but Gabriel is going to have to care for Liam right now.

Hehehe thanks, Im trying, next part might be a few days since I actually dont have any of it on paper yet.

I really am loving your story. You're such an amazing writer :doublethumbsup:

Aww thank you!!

Well wow. This is fantastic! I'm late to this, but man am I glad I am (gives me more to read!!!) I'm only sad that I didn't drop in later hahaha, guess I'm on the cliffhanger train with the rest of these guys. This is beautifully done. I would like some more please. :yes:

Well wow. This is fantastic! I'm late to this, but man am I glad I am (gives me more to read!!!) I'm only sad that I didn't drop in later hahaha, guess I'm on the cliffhanger train with the rest of these guys. This is beautifully done. I would like some more please. :yes:

Welcome to CAMP LIBRIEL :lol:

I'm on the cliffhanger train with the rest of these guys

Yup, Juto brought ice cream and I brought the cards. If you've got a spoon help yourself. :)

Aww thanks glad you like it!! Hopefully the next part will be up sometimes this weekend, it's not coming as easy as some of the previous parts.

Welcome to CAMP LIBRIEL

God Im not going to lie, I didnt get this until this morning.... //whoops

I'm on the cliffhanger train with the rest of these guys

Yup, Juto brought ice cream and I brought the cards. If you've got a spoon help yourself. :)

Ive already pitched a tent over in the GA thread XD

All Juto's eve, on 24 Oct 2015 - 05:26 AM, said:

Welcome to CAMP LIBRIEL

God Im not going to lie, I didnt get this until this morning.... //whoops

Awwww, bless!

I'm considering changing the name to CAMP LIBRIENGEL! I'm feeling left out ;) I DID provide the icecream :lol:

So we're doing *LI*am-Ga*BRIE*l-A*NGEL*... Too much?

I'm considering changing the name to CAMP LIBRIENGEL! I'm feeling left out I DID provide the icecream
So we're doing *LI*am-Ga*BRIE*l-A*NGEL*... Too much?

But where does that leave Zach? Hmmm

Oh, went to the store and picked up some more NY Super Fudge Chunk and got some Coffee, Coffee, Buzz, Buzz, as well as Cherry Garcia ice cream bars for those who don't have spoons. *tosses containers and boxes in the cooler* Do we have enough people to play Euchre, yet?

Part 10: Haunted

Neither spoke much on the train ride back, Liam mostly because he physically couldnt. Gabriel would randomly sneeze or ask if Liam if he was okay to which Liam would nod.

"Do you mind if we make a quick stop before heading to your apartment?" Gabriel asked as they exited the station. "I promise it wont take long."

"Ok." Liam barely got out. Gabriel took Liam's arm again, he had not let go since the mall, and Liam figured the professor was worried Liam might pass out; at this point it was still a good possibility. Liam was not paying much attention to where Gabriel was leading them until they stopped and he noticed a familiar store window. They were outside the tea shop.

"Ill be right back, will you be okay?" Liam heard Gabriel ask for probably the hundredth time, he nodded. Gabriel disappeared inside. Liam leaned against the brick exterior closing his eyes. You should have told him. It was something he kept repeating to himself.

A few minutes Gabriel came out. "Now I know you said you dont like tea but this is Caleb's, the young man who works here, own blend for stress relief. It does work, Ive had it before." He held the tin up for Liam to see.

"I thought you couldn't go in there." Liam squeaked out.

"I can't normally," Gabriel crinkled his nose, "And I'm about to pay for it." He turned around.

Eeh...eischoooo!
Eischoooo!

"Gabriel..." Liam sighed.

"Don't worry I'll be fine, it'll pass." Gabriel pulled out his handkerchief.

Eischoooo!

"It's only the flower based tea that bothers me; I'll clear up in a jiffy." He rubbed his nose.

Liam did not feel like arguing only shrugged as Gabriel helped him back to his apartment. Inside he sat on the couch while Gabriel made the tea. After a few minutes Gabriel joined him handing him a mug.

If I could fly. Then I would know. What life looks like from up above and down below.

"Well," Gabriel started, "I know you said I needed to be over my cold before I could lecture you. You might need to amend your rules, not that I plan on lecturing you though, Ill simply listen."

Liam just stared blankly, any words he tried forming just would not come out. He looked around the room trying to gather himself, taking several breaths, and he fought his craving for a cigarette by sipping the tea. It wasn't bad. However he could not form words his voice refused to work. He set the mug on the table and rested his head in his hands.

"Maybe were approaching this the wrong way," Gabriel said, "You're a writer, so write. I'll read." Liam saw him motion to the laptop.

Liam just looked at him for several moments then opened Word. He paused briefly and then he started typing. A few lines in suddenly everything felt right, he felt free like a rush of adrenaline hit, and he typed and typed. He did not even know where he started but everything came out; all his anxiety as a child in school, being an introvert and social awkwardness. Every panic attack and why, how it led to his anxiety induced insomnia. And then Bryce, the charm, the manipulation, the pain and cheating, the attack that sent Liam to Prim in the first place. Everything flowed out of him like water rushing through rapids. However in his euphoric state Liam was still careful never to mention smoking, it was still something he did not feel comfortable Gabriel knowing. Liam finally took a break to look at the clock on his laptop. He had been typing continuously for over half an hour and his hands were starting to hurt. He sat back letting out a relieved exhale.

"Feel better?" He heard Gabriel say.

Liam stared forward. "Yes, amazingly yes."

"You've never just wrote out your feelings before? Id think as a writer this would have been second na....hold...on." He looked away.

Eischoooo!

"Nature. My Ive been holding that one for a while." He sniffed blushing slightly.

"I do write when I'm stressed but not normally about me. Kind of stupid now that I think about it." Liam ran his hands through his hair. Something struck him. "Gabriel, at the mall you knew I was having an anxiety attack, how?"

Gabriel half smiled, "You see a lot of things as a teacher, and anxiety is quite common really. I had a student a few years ago with severe anxiety caused by being away from home. Davenport is a small college but still dorm life is not for everyone." Gabriel paused. "Sadly that student could not cope and eventually dropped out. She was very gifted too."

Liam finally looked over at Gabriel. "I'm sorry."

Gabriel shrugged, "It happens. One can only do so much." He got up grabbing Liam's mug. "Do you want more?" He asked half turning as he walked into the kitchen.

"I'm fine, it was good though." Liam looked back at his laptop, he noticed Skype blinking.

Please don't be Bryce, please don't be Bryce.

He clicked it, new message from Cordelia popped up. Thank God. Liam breathed a huge sigh of relief.

You around? Need a favor. Was his boss's message.

Yeah I'm here.

Calling.

Liam cringed, Cordelia always called when she needed something but it was better than Bryce. Skype alerted and Liam hit answer.

Cordelia popped onto his screen, black hair tied back in a ponytail, her brown eyes giving him a warm look along with her smile.

"Liam! God Ive missed you! How have you been?" Cordelia leaned forward into the camera.

"Fine Cordy, what can I do for you." Liam replied trying to hide how exhausted he felt.

"I need..." Cordelia's focus shifted, "Well hello greying and gorgeous."

Shocked Liam looked over to see Gabriel had rejoined him and apparently was in camera view.

Gabriel's shock matched Liam's. "Can...Can she see me?"

"Oh Liam, I approve." Cordelia continued to stare at Gabriel. "No wonder Bryce is pissed at you."

"Cordy!" Liam seized the laptop stepping up and over the table he ran around to the hall hoping he was out of earshot of Gabriel. "It's not like that." He whispered, "He's just a friend."

"Still I approve." She winked at him.

"What do you need?" Liam's patience was running thin.

"I need you to work your Photoshop magic on some pictures Paisley took. You know, make them pretty." Liam saw a file being sent to him.

"And why cant Paisley do this?" Liam asked mildly annoyed clicking accept.

"Because," Cordelia held the word, "Shes editing for me since someone pissed off Bryce." She eyed him with a smile.

"Motherfu..." Liam did not continue.

Cordelia shrugged, "Don't worry about it, you know Bryce he just needs to cool down for a few days hell be back. Anyways, just get these to me before Monday if you can. Unless you're...busy." She laughed.

"It's not like that!" Liam tried to not blush, he failed.

"Uh huh. Very jealous you landing an Eleventh Doctor clone." Cordelia then mouthed He is hot.

"I know...I know." Liam replied. "Ill work on these over the weekend. Bye Cordy." He clicked End Call.

Liam threw his head back against the wall letting out his breath. "How much of that did you hear?"

"The bigger question is how much of it did I understand." Gabriel replied from the other room.

Liam was about to relax, when Gabriel continued "But I did hear something about you quote pissed off Bryce end quote?" Damnit.

Liam walked slowly back into the sitting area putting his laptop back on the table. Gabriel sat cross legged with his hands together, with the grey sweater and bowtie he looked like a therapist. "I...I had'nt gotten to that part yet in my little journal entry. Besides that falls under my rules." He sat back down next to Gabriel.

"But you covered insomnia right; also again I don't plan on lecturing you." Gabriel rubbed his nose quickly.

"Fine yes I talked to Bryce, he called me!" Liam yelled getting up off the couch. "It was a stupid idea, I know. We fought; I didn't sleep for nearly two days or leave this apartment. When I finally did I was a jerk and upset you, which made me feel even worse than my fight with Bryce." Liam was pacing. "Now do you understand why I didn't want to tell you?" He looked away from Gabriel. "Not that I physically could."

Gabriel just looked at him hands still folded.

"What?" Liam said throwing his hands up.

"Nothing, I told you I wasn't going to lecture you." The calm in Gabriel's voice hit Liam.

"Sorry." Liam collapsed into the chair. "I'm talking to you like you're Bryce."

"Well I guarantee I'm not Bryce. I wouldn't want to be anyone who gave you anxiety. I'm just Gabe. Awkward, oversensitive Gabe." He smiled which melted Liam. "And I shouldn't have been so hard on you that day. You said you had a bad night I overreacted." He looked down.

"Gabriel we've been over this." He paused as Gabriel put his hand up.

Ehtschoo!
Ah..ehtshscoo!

"I know we did and..."

Heh...ehtschoo!
Eehtshscoo!

Liam watched Gabriel pull out his handkerchief holding to his nose.

"Not sure where this came from." He gave an uncomfortable laugh. His breath quickened.

Ehtschoo!
Ehtshscoo!
Heh...ehtschoo!

Liam stood back up holding his hand out to Gabriel. "Come on, I'm taking you home. I forgot you're still under the weather, you should be resting not listening to me whine."

"Liam please. I'm fine." Gabriel voice was congested again. "I'm sure its because my medicine wore off."

Eehtshscoo!

"Good you can take some more at your place, let's go." Liam threw Gabriel his coat. However the professor did not budge.

"I'm not leaving here until I'm 100% satisfied that you're okay." Gabriel looked up at Liam.

"I"m fine!" Liam shouted.

"If you were fine you wouldn't be yelling." Gabriel replied calmly even with his congestion.

"Gabriel just..." Liam really did not understand why he was yelling, he wasn't mad at Gabriel. He was mad at Bryce. Now even more irate that someone he had not physically talked to in days was influencing his behavior on the only person he cared about. In that instance Liam's stomach clenched the need to vomit surfaced causing him to run down the hall into the bathroom slamming the door behind.

"Liam!" He heard Gabriel from the other side.

Liam retched but quickly recovered. "I'm fine!" He yelled back. He was not lying either he actually did feel a lot better. "Really, I'm fine." He repeated since he was sure his friend did not believe him. He sat on the floor gathering himself.

"Liam?" A quiet voice said.

"Give me just a moment, Gabriel." Liam replied leaning back against the door. After a few moments Liam got up splashed some water on his face, took a deep breath and opened the door. Gabriel was right in his path. His blue eyes lined with worry. Liam smiled at him. "I'm sorry I yelled at you." He said softly. "I hate that fact that Bryce is still influencing me." Together they walked back to the couch, Gabriel going into the kitchen briefly to take the last of his prescription.

Liam felt Gabriel gaze on him when the professor sat back down. "Ugh I'm so pathetic." Liam hung his head.

"What's your middle name?" Gabriel asked.

Liam threw a surprised look at the professor. "James, why?"

"Liam James Black! You are not pathetic!" Gabriel said in what Liam would later refer to as his best teacher voice. It also took Liam a split second to remember he'd told Gabriel his last name during one of their early talks.

"You are human," Gabriel continued, "I know you hate thinking Bryce has any leverage over you but were all influenced by people around us as Ive said before. Sometimes it's good, sometimes it's bad. At least you recognized it. You said Bryce is a charmer and manipulator. I'm sure he saw the potential in you because you're so nice. Its not your fault hes the horrendous asshole. You made a poor decision but it does not make you pathetic. Sometimes even decisions made with the highest confidence don't work out." Gabriel sniffed hard rubbing his nose, Liam had a gut feeling it was not due to his cold. "Excuse me a moment." Gabriel walked into the kitchen. Liam heard him use his handkerchief; Gabriel's congestion still had not lessened. He returned a moment later with another mug of tea for him and Liam.

"If you could answer one question for me and then I promise never to bring the subject of Bryce up ever again." Gabriel said as he sat back down leaning against the back of the couch. "Your lady friend..."

"Cordelia, shes my boss." Liam answered quickly then took a sip of tea.

"When she saw me, though I don't understand how, she said 'No wonder Bryce is pissed at you'. Goodness what an unrefined word." Gabriel complained which actually made Liam chuckle. "What did she mean?"

Liam looked away hoping the older man would not see him blush. "She was confused, she thought...well..." Liam needed to force his voice. He paused taking a breath. "Bryce doesn't know about you, no way in hell Id tell him anything about what I'm doing up here. Bryce is mad because I called him out regarding his reason for wanting me to come home."

"Which was?" Gabriel asked then put his hand up. "Sorry its none of my business I shouldn't be so meddlesome."

Liam sighed, "It's fine. Bryce got dumped so he wanted to use me to get back at the person who dumped him. Which, in an ironic twist of fate, is the person he cheated on me with." Liam rubbed his temples. "So yeah, no way I was going to let that happen."

Nh'ghtd
Nh'xxdt

Liam looked out the corner of his eye at Gabriel who was failing at covering up his stifled sneezes. By the red on his cheeks Gabriel was also aware of his failure.

Liam shook his head, "How can I convince you I'm fine so you'll go home and rest? I truly do feel better since...well since..." Liam pointed to the bathroom. "I've taken up too much of your time today."

"You have not. But Ill concede since you do appear calmer than earlier." Gabriel stood up as did Liam who stretched. "However you will do several things for me tonight." Teacher-mode Gabriel was in full swing Liam thought. "Keep writing that seems to be the best therapy for you. Eat something. Also be truthful did the tea help?" Gabriel looked hopeful.

Liam nodded, "It did, thank you." Gabriel smiled which helped more than tea ever would.

Through all the things my eyes have seen. The best by far is you.

"Still," Gabriel started putting on his coat, "I'd like confirmation you're doing better tomorrow." He paused. "I know it's Saturday but can we meet for coffee tomorrow morning, say 8:00am? Will you be awake?"

Liam just looked at him.

"Oh right, insomnia. Well you need to promise me you'll try to sleep tonight." Gabriel said as they approached Liam's door.

"Yes Professor Herondale." Liam said matter-a-factly but a small smile curled his lips.

Gabriel laughed, "Oh my, don't call me that. I prefer hearing my name from you." He opened the door but stood in the frame. "So coffee?"

"Yes I'll be there, I promise as long as you promise me you'll do nothing tonight except relax" Liam smiled though tightness in his chest began to form. Gabriel agreed, said goodnight then turned. Liam's hand shot out wanting to grab the professors coat and pull him back, hold him and confess everything he had buried in his heart. He did not want Gabriel to leave him. At the last second, just as his fingers grazed the threads of the coat Liam caught himself jerking his hand back, watching his friend walk away.

"Thank you Gabriel." Liam said to himself.
~~~~

Ughhhh so I really had a difficult time with this chapter, it's one of the few I didn't have a set plan on how it was going to go. It changed a lot from my original draft, mostly involving Liam. I hope it held up and everyone still liked it. Since Im my own worst critic I think it could have been better.

I was strongly encouraged to check this out. I'm very intrigued to see where this goes. I'm surprised that you were concerned about this last chapter, as I think you did a really good job illustrating the panic that Liam was experiencing. I do understand that the work could end up going in a different way than you had expected; it happens to me all the time.

i love you and this story and everything and omggg im in love with everything!!! Please keep going forever

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy. That was great!! "Greying and gorgeous", I love it. Magnificent up date!

Liam felt Gabriel gaze on him when the professor sat back down. “Ugh I’m so pathetic.” Liam hung his head.

“What’s your middle name?” Gabriel asked.

Liam threw a surprised look at the professor. “James, why?”

“Liam James Black! You are not pathetic!” Gabriel said in what Liam would later refer to as his best teacher voice. It also took Liam a split second to remember he’d told Gabriel his last name during one of their early talks

This bit was so adorable! I love Gabriel being parental/professorial with Liam.

Juto! *waves excitedly* Cally has joined us at Camp Libriel! Grab a spoon, Cally, and have some ice cream. Watch out for the zombie.

Oh my, Kaze... I could not sit still through reading this! My grin just got wider and wider as I tried to keep small excited "eeks" from escaping me! Their dialogues *melts* I love them so much!!

Gabriel took Liams arm again, he had not let go since the mall,

D'awwwwwwwwwww!!!!!! Ahh the caring!!!!! Poor heart!!

Gabriels shock matched Liams. Can...Can she see me?

Bwahahahaha I just adore quirky!Gabriel!! He's such a sweetheart!

Liam felt Gabriel gaze on him when the professor sat back down. Ugh Im so pathetic. Liam hung his head.

Whats your middle name? Gabriel asked.

Liam threw a surprised look at the professor. James, why?

Liam James Black! You are not pathetic! Gabriel said in what Liam would later refer to as his best teacher voice. It also took Liam a split second to remember hed told Gabriel his last name during one of their early talks.

I have to echo scw on this!! Just ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Parental!caring!Gabriel... I WANT ONE!!!!!!!

Yes Ill be there, I promise as long as you promise me youll do nothing tonight except relax. Liam smiled though tightness in his chest began to form. Gabriel agreed, said goodnight then turned. Liams hand shot out wanting to grab the professors coat and pull him back, hold him and confess everything he had buried in his heart. He did not want Gabriel to leave him. At the last second, just as his fingers grazed the threads of the coat Liam caught himself jerking his hand back, watching his friend walk away.

Thank you Gabriel. Liam said to himself.

This bit though!! My heart actually did a little clench-thing! Gosh, just pure okncjidhvnjisdbvjksdbvkdsjbvsjkfbvfjsk!!!!!!!!!!

Please don't catch yourself doing that next time Liam! The entire camp wants you be held and confess your sorrow to the cute, greying doctor :D

Simply loved it Kaze!!!!!!!

Archived