Sneeze Fetish Forum

What would Marie Antoinette do? (Secret Santa for Kaze wo hiku) 13 parts + Epilogue :)

Juto

Aww thanks. I hope you'll enjoy the next bit. (And the ones after that... Planning 9 in total... With a possible epilogue... Maybe even a sequel... *shhhh*)

DO NOT TEASE ME!!!

I'll decide whether or not you've earned it based on you-know-what after you-know-when ;)

New chapter coming up :D

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, so. In regards to the Latin here I decided to add the translation in brackets after the Latin quote so you'll get the meaning as you read it. I find it annoying having to scroll down for the translation... Maybe that's just me. Pray forgive ;)

Enjoy...

Chapter 5 – Qui Sanat

CJ had spent the entire cab ride to his apartment internally panicking about his decisions to bring the sick curator home with him. A sudden wave of nerves ran through his body. How could be possibly have believed that he could cater to Theodore James’ needs? He wasn't a nurse, or a chef, or a barista, or any type of healer or miracle worker. He was a shy soul who wanted to care for his boss but who suddenly realised that he lacked the means to.

Regardless he was determined to do his best. He owed that much to Theo, the curator who had had endless amounts of patience as CJ took his time finishing the work tasks, the curator who had had nothing but praise waiting for him after a job well done, the curator who, more than any other person, could send CJ’s heart into a quickstep.

Veni Vidi Vici.

Turning the key to his apartment, CJ’s lurking nerves were back full force. Theo was right behind him, practically leaning against the wall in exhaustion. CJ took a deep breath before giving the key the final turn.

Upon entering his apartment his own eyes immediately darted to the undone dishes by the sink in the open kitchen, the clutter of historical magazines on his coffee table and… Oh god!...

Breathe CJ!

Custodi Spirandi.

... His Latin words of encouragements. CJ mentally facepalmed himself for having forgotten.

Multicoloured post-it's adorned the walls, the door frames, the handle on his fridge and cabinets, practically every surface he would use in the course of his daily routines. They were his mantras, his go-to advices, his comfort.

Veni Vidi Vici (I came I saw I conquered)

Custodi Spirandi (Keep breathing)

Experientia Docet (experience teaches)

Aut Vincera Aut Mori (either to conquer or to die)

Vincet Qui Se Vincet (he conquers who conquers himself)

Consilio Et Animis (by wisdom and courage)

Fortes Fortuna Iuvat (fortune favours the brave)

And many others.

He couldn't possibly run around and remove them all now without Theo noticing, but the curator looked so exhausted that chances were he would not even notice them.

CJ stepped through the door pulling Theo’s smallish black suitcase with him. At Theo’s request, CJ had left all suitcases but one in the locker back at the museum and stranger yet to the assistant, the bag the curator had requested was the least flashy of the bunch. A plain black suitcase as opposed to the mocha, the emerald, the bordeaux and the sapphire blue he had been asked to leave behind.

He sat it down just inside the apartment, stepping aside to let the curator in. CJ worried how his flamboyant and extravagant boss would perceive his humble home. It was hardly worth any praise. To his great surprise, Theo seemed to disagree.

“Blessed Marie, what a lovely home.” The curator’s eyes ran over what little furniture CJ had, his couch in the middle of the room, two armchairs, a small coffee table, his computer desk in the corner, a small dinner table and finally his bulging bookshelves taking up most of the wall space.

CJ followed the curator's eyes as they slowly turned upwards to the ceiling where four golden haired and winged cherubs were busy cherishing flowers, butterflies and looking utterly adorable. CJ smiled. Callum had known how to work a brush. The cherubs had been CJ’s 6 months anniversary gift. He had decided to keep them though, despite his wrecked state after the brake up, the cherubs always seemed to have a soothing effect on him.

“Ahh, how delightful.” CJ smiled looking down, warmth spreading in his cheeks. Apparently, Theo liked the cherubs too. He looked at the older man again, expecting him to look back down and move further into the apartment. But the curator's eyes remained fixated on the ceiling. Suddenly Theo swayed where he stood, his eyes falling shut. Instantly reacting, CJ caught his boss around his midsection and pulled his weight onto himself to keep the curator from tumbling over.

“Theo?” CJ couldn't keep the worry out of his voice as he half dragged half carried his boss over to his couch. The curator was still awake coughing mercilessly into his hand on CJ’s shoulder.

“I-I'm *cough* fi-ine.” The curator finally managed through a cough after CJ had lowered him onto the couch. CJ stood in front of him, hands balled into shivering fists at his side as a mixture of nerves and adrenaline coursed through him. He had felt the heat in Theo’s face as he almost fainted and CJ was sure the older man was running a temperature. His hand itched to feel Theo’s forehead to confirm the fever, but he couldn't possibly. Judging by the state of his boss his current cold had been wrecking his system for at least a couple of days possibly more.

That's when it occurred to CJ that his boss must have felt sick at the hours d’oeuvres tasting last night. Why hadn't he said anything? Now that he thought about it, Theo had been sneezing and he had seemed a bit flushed, but CJ had written it off as an allergic reaction. He scolded himself for not having deduced the state of his boss’s health sooner. He shook his head.

Some P.A. you are.

No matter, he was determined to make up for that now. He focused on the curator again whose head was resting in his hands, fingers buried in his long locks drawing patterns on his scalp.

CJ was overcome by a sudden urge to do that too, to feel the softness of Theo’s hair under his fingers, to help his boss relieve the tension in his head most likely a result of the congestion there. A harsh cough from Theo made him snap out of his dream like state.

What now? Nice plan CJ, or lack of, obviously.

He felt his own stomach rumble uncomfortably and was reminded that he had been to busy to consider any kind of meal. He wondered if...

“Uhm, H-Have you eaten at all?” CJ thought back, there had been no evidence of food in the locker and considering the curator's request to not be seen, it’d been highly unlikely he'd ventured up to the cafeteria. Without looking at him the curator slowly shook his head.

“Not since this morning.” Theo's voice was hoarse whisper and he winced as if shrugging off a terrible memory. CJ wasn't a nurse but knew that staying hydrated and fed was important during illness and judging by the near-faint Theo had just experienced, the to-go cups in the locker clearly hadn't been enough. CJ was about to ask what kind of soup Theo preferred when out the corner of his eyes he saw the curator's face scrunch up once more, his arm coming up to shield his face.

“Hhih’ektschoo! K’tsschoo! Hn’xxtsch!- uhh, blessed relief.”

The sneezes provoked a dry cough followed by deep and wet sounding sniffles.

Right CJ, first things first.

He left the curator to his snuffles and moved around the apartment opening cabinets as he went to procure a warm blanket, a box of tissues (bought for Callum more than a year ago. No way CJ had been prepared to share his precious handkerchiefs with his bullying boyfriend), more pillows and a glass of water. Glancing at the curator every now and again he had inconspicuously removed the multicoloured post-it's he passed, sadly recognising that “veritas vos liberabit” (the truth shall set you free) and “ipsa scientia potestas est” (knowledge itself is power) didn't really provide the necessary means of comfort that was currently needed.

“Any, uhh…s- soup flavour preferences?” He called to the couch after having placed the blanket around the curator's shivering shoulders trying not to focus on the fact that his own hands were shaking and had retreated to the kitchen in search of food. Theo looked at him over the top of the tissue that were currently being rubbed against his nose.

“CJ, you really don't have to I'm fi-hhh-fine…hheh…”

“Chicken and noodles okay?” It really was no laughing matter but CJ couldn't hold back a tiny smile as the curator's nod was lost as his body started to build up for another round of sneezes. Watching the curator struggle to actually reach the sneeze was oddly endearing. His facial expressions were adorably tickly-looking and the muttered “ahh, sweet Marie” in between breathy buildups reminded CJ just who was in fact sneezing on his couch. His heart was doing the quickstep again.

“Ek’ktscshoo! Eh… Eh’knxxtch! Kh’tsCHOO!-uhh delightful.”

Aww, bless him.

CJ had never heard anyone welcome sneezes the way Theo seemed to. To CJ that only added an extra layer of cuteness. Damn!

Right! Soup!

Opening the freezer, quickly stuffing “dimidium facti qui coepit habet” (he who has begun has the work half done) in his pocket, silently muttering “I'm already on it, Horace.” He took out a container of chicken noodle soup and popped it in the microwave. As it defrosted he set out to make some toast and a cup of tea, filling the entire bottom of the mug with honey in the hope of soothing the curator's hoarse throat.

Balancing a tray of two bowls of steaming soup, a basket of toast and a big mug of honeyed tea back towards the couch he suddenly realised that he was about to serve defrosted discount soup and wheat toast to Theodore James. The Theodore James. The man whose coffee requests exceeded the writing space on the cups. The man in tailored suits and expensive shoes. His boss, Theodore James.

He swallowed nervously stopping just before the coffee table with the tray in his hands suddenly unsure of his next move.

“CJ?” The hoarse voice was softly inquiring.

Shit!

The curator must have noticed his shocked expression. CJ took a deep breath finding his voice again.

“I-I'm… I am Uhm…I…” Deep breaths CJ! “ I-I'm sorry, I know this is n-nothing… F-Fancy.” He heard the soft clanking sound of metal against pottery and only then realised that his hands still holding the tray were shaking. He froze.

“CJ, look at me.” Confused, CJ looked straight into a pair of dark green eyes at level with his own. “It looks delightful.” Theo had taken hold of the tray, smiling calmly at the assistant who took a deep breath releasing his own hold, tucking his hands under his arms to keep them from shaking. Theo sat the tray down all the while keeping his eyes fixed on CJ and didn't look away before CJ unwrapped himself from his arms and had stopped shaking. Theo smiled and raised his eyebrows questioningly as he reached for mug of steaming tea. CJ mastered a small nod offering a brief smile in return.

“Mmmmm, Marie be praised. This is the best tea I've had in a long time.” The appreciative words and kind smile from Theo made the nervous assistant relax further and CJ took a seat in the chair opposite the couch, cheeks red and fiery hot and his hand clutching the handkerchief in his pocket.

Bowls empty, mug of tea (and its refill) drained and afterwards the curator looked completely done in. With no more steam and hot soup to lessen his congestion he sounded even worse than he had before. His stuffy nose made him blur out his consonants and ignited more achy sounding coughs.

“Don’t you have any m-medicine?” CJ asked after a long minute of forced breathing. Theo pointed to the small black suitcase pulling out a fresh tissue to cup around his reddening nose.

“Eeehk’tsschoo! Ek’tssch!”

CJ brought the bag over to the coffee table, placing it on top. After about 30 seconds of staring into a pair of pleading and exhausted dark green eyes CJ fought back his nerves, sat back in his chair and opened the suitcase. The small pharmacy bag was lying next to a small stack of overly used handkerchiefs. CJ made a mental note to wash them later. The paper tissues were clearly not treating the curator's skin very well. He glanced at Theo who winced as he wiped his sore red nostrils with a fresh tissue.

Digging has hand into the pharmacy bag CJ’s eyes widened and he brought out the only 2 items inside; Theo’s allergy pills that CJ had brought him and a small bottle of painkillers with only one dose left.

“Is this all you have?” Surprise made him forget his shyness.

Theo shrugged rubbing his knuckles against his nose over the tissue. “It's normally enough. I'm usually over a cold in few days time… But thi-hhh.... This…” he kept the tissue in place.

“EKTSCHOO! Oh Marie… Hheh… K’nxxtch!” He coughed into the tissue, blew his nose and reached for a new one.

“Ugh! This delightful bout of sniffles has graced me with a prolonged visit.” He looked at CJ attempting a flashy smile

CJ rolled his eyes at Theo’s obvious attempt to downplay his illness. “Theo, are you allergic to any types of medicine?” The curator slowly shook his head, continuing to rub his red and still twitchy nose. His eyes were starting to look unfocused. CJ could tell exhaustion was setting in quickly and he was anxious to get some proper medicine into Theo’s system before his patient fell asleep.

“Be right back.” CJ muttered as he got up and went to his bathroom. Lucky for Theo CJ’s stock of cold medicine and the likes was full. The assistant always made damn sure that whenever he was feeling under the weather or was coming down with something nobody else would find out about it. He quickly grabbed whatever he thought he could possibly convince Theo to take and went back to his patient.

Theo was sitting up blowing his nose into a fresh tissue, his eyes widening as CJ sat down at the other end of the couch, emptying his arms of medicine.

“Dear Marie, CJ, this is hardly necessary, it is but a sniffle.” The thick congestion in his voice, however spoke a different matter.

CJ scrutinised the older man's face. Eyes tired and red, nose chapped and several shades darker than the rest of his face, brow and cheeks flushed and dotted with tiny beads of sweat despite the shiver in his chest and shoulders. Yes it was necessary.

“How are you feeling?” CJ could scarcely believe his own courage, but something about the depleted man in front of him made him less nervous. Without his flamboyance and glamour and elaborate gestures, he seemed less intimidating. Not that CJ minded those particular traits in his boss, quite the contrary, but this lesser version of the man he knew had a calming effect on him.

The curator looked deep in thought. His eyes darted upwards first to the left, then right, then back to left, clearly trying to engage the creative parts of his brain, possibly, CJ thought, in search of another clever or down playing remark.

After what felt like several minutes of silence Theo finally seemed to drop his search. He hung his head, looking the very image of an exhausted patient.

“Absolutely horrible.” The confession came out with such a weakened body language that CJ almost whimpered audible in compassion. Theo rubbed his eyes and nose scanning the variety of medicines in front of him. “Why do you even have all of this? I can't remember you having a single sick day for the past 2 years, sweet Marie, I don't even think I've ever heard you sneeze.” CJ looked away, a blush rising in his cheeks. “Oh!” He closed his eyes briefly as Theo’s voice told him the older man had seen right through him. “CJ my selfless knight, have you been sick without telling me?”

CJ didn't answer but dared a quick glance at the curator, blush still rising. Theo had the gloomiest look on his face. Before CJ's mind could construct an explanation Theo turned away from him, once again bringing the tissue to his face.

“Hheh’ektsschoo! K’nxxtschoo! Hheh… Eh’kehtsschoo!”

“Very well then, Dr. Bennett.” He hoarsely coughed out after a wet sniffle and a thorough nose rub. “What would you prescribe?” CJ quickly assembled a small pile of NyQuil, decongestant pills and cough medicine. Theo popped the pills in his mouth, washing them down with a fresh glass of water that CJ had procured from the kitchen.

Theo laid back down on the couch with a heavily congested sigh, bringing his hand up to rub his forehead. CJ, unsure of his current role, - should he stay and watch over the curator or try to get some sleep -, merely sat back on the couch staring down at his hands in his lap.

Theo shifted, putting his arm under his head. “Why are you doing this CJ?”

CJ's eyes darted around the room searching for any explanation other than ‘because I adore you and I couldn't bear to see you sick and alone in the museum basement’. His mind brought out another truth.

“I like my job.” That was an easy enough statement. True. “But I can only be sure to keep it if this exhibition is a success and for that to happen the museum needs it curator to be the best he can possibly be. “ He looked at the lesser version of the curator currently spread out over his couch. CJ’s heart went out to him. There was an enormous pressure on Theodore James to save the museum and here he was, feverish and shivering on CJ’s couch trying his best to hold off a sneeze by pinching his nose shut. With sympathy CJ watched him loose the battle.

“Hhih’ektschoo! K’tsschoo! Hn’xxtsch!-uhh!” A soft moan escaped the curator and CJ helped him lower himself down into the soft pillows.

Theo closed his eyes and sighed heavily. His congestion was so thick he couldn't breathe through his nose. He nudged his head further into the pillow making himself more comfortable and a lock of hair attached itself to his sweaty forehead but Theo seemed too exhausted to take notice. A few minutes later CJ was sure Theo was fast asleep.

Observing his boss closely CJ realised the man in front of him was more fragile in his current state than CJ had ever been before him. That observation almost gave the assistant enough courage to reach out and run his fingers through the curator's hair, brushing the stray lock back, but he didn't. Instead CJ carefully removed Theo's glasses placing them within reach on the coffee table next to the glass of water and the box of tissues.

CJ really ought to set to work removing all the remaining post-it's before Theo noticed and asked about them, but he couldn't quite seem to remove himself from the curator. Convincing himself it was okay now that Theo was asleep the assistant rested his wrist against Theo’s burning forehead and frowned. Spending almost a week sleeping in the dusty basement with a constant draft had not been kind to the curator.

Theo stirred and mumbled something incoherent. After about a minute Theo relaxed again and nudged his head closer to the edge of the couch, closer to where CJ sat crouched in front of him. The assistant tensed. It would be so easy to simply reach out and run his hand through Theo’s thick dark hair, maybe even press his fingers against his scalp to help soothe his ache but he couldn't possibly. He just sat staring, hoping he would one day find his courage.

“Sleep well, Theodore.” He reluctantly got up and went to retrieve his spare comforter which he tucked securely around the sleeping curator hoping that his fever would not make him shiver during the night. He then set to work silently removing the remaining post-it's with their Latin encouragements. The sick, toned down and, CJ had to admit to himself, rather endearing curator may be a support to CJ’s nervous nature but that didn't mean he was ready to share everything with the man, let alone in Latin.

Handkerchiefs washed and hanged to dry, dishes done, water glass refilled for the night, CJ decided his nursing duties for tonight were at an end. Finally able to close his eyes, head resting on his plump pillow in his bed CJ’s mind replayed tonight’s event. He was proud of himself for bringing Theo home. Now all he had to do was ensure that the curator's health improved during the course of the weekend and that come Monday's exhibition, Theodore James could take the stage as the flamboyant and expressive curator his museum needed him to be.

~ ~ ~

When CJ woke a few hours later it was to the sounds of muffled sobs coming from the living room.

TBC…

Oh and a side note (I won't edit the post because it messes with the formatting and Apple is giving me enough trouble as it is... )

In case any readers out there are hardcore Latin professors... *eyes the stalls and catches one hand shyly raising. Sighs and narrows eyes at the all too familiar professor*. Not you Herondale, you're just an enthusiastic logophile. If anyone ELSE out there consider themselves Professors of Latin and have comments to my use of the language and/or its tense, please let me know :D

Thank you.

Haha yeah, I think Kaze started and "anxiety" wave in the fiction department ;)

I make no apologies :P

Proper comment coming later but you already know how much I adored this chap :heart:

Awwwwwh this caretaking fluffiness! And CJ is being so brave, and poor Theo! And something tells me someone's fever spiked during the night ;) I can't wait for the next part, Juto, this is truly amazing!

Ok this whole chapter is too adorable. But this is the most adorable of the adorable...

Watching the curator struggle to actually reach the sneeze was oddly endearing. His facial expressions were adorably tickly-looking and the muttered “ahh, sweet Marie” in between breathy buildups reminded CJ just who was in fact sneezing on his couch. His heart was doing the quickstep again.

“Ek’ktscshoo! Eh… Eh’knxxtch! Kh’tsCHOO!-uhh delightful.”

Aww, bless him.

CJ had never heard anyone welcome sneezes the way Theo seemed to. To CJ that only added an extra layer of cuteness. Damn!

Oh, I just love that Theo revels in his sneezes. :wub: This is so sweet I need more salty popcorn! You with me, SpamKey?

Oh, I just love that Theo revels in his sneezes. This is so sweet I need more salty popcorn! You with me, SpamKey?

*pops soda top, pulls out extra-large popcorn* Waaaaay ahead of ya B)

I adored this chap

Aww thank you :hug:

Awwwwwh this caretaking fluffiness!

Hahahaha as fluffy as it can get when half the duo is an nervous, Latin muttering wreck ;) ahh poor CJ he tries...

Oh, I just love that Theo revels in his sneezes

Hehe I love it too. It just really fits his ever positive persona...

Thank you so much guys. Comment are love (quote scw). :heart:

New chapter shortly...

Chapter 6 – Aegri Somnia

The sound of the first sob barely broke through his sleep. CJ's stirred but quickly found sleep again.

The second sob had him shifting in bed bringing his pillow up to cover his ears sleepily muttering “Damn you Mrs, Jenkins and that mutt of yours”.

The third sob had him toss his pillow and groan audibly.

By the fourth sob he was sitting up in bed rubbing his eyes of sleep.

When suddenly, as the fifth sob registered in his brain, he remembered the sick curator on his couch.

Theodore!

He bolted from the bed, nearly stumbling on the leg of his pyjama pants as he ran towards the living room.

Theo was tossing on the couch, eyes still closed, sobbing. Without allowing his nerves to stop him CJ went to crouch next to his boss and slowly, hesitantly bring his hands up to seize Theo’s shoulders. He felt the heat of Theo’s skin through his shirt, the woolly sweater had been tossed on the floor sometime during the night. The fever reducer must be wearing off. Despite CJ’s pressure on his shoulders Theo kept tossing, turning his head from side to side, sobbing, gasping until his eyes suddenly flew open and instantly focused on CJ. The assistant gasped at the panicked expression in the curator's eyes.

“No no no, he can't find you here, he's mad enough as it is, I tried to apologise, tell him it wasn't your fault but he wouldn't listen.” Theo's eyes fluttered shut again a single sob breaking through. “He wouldn't… Listen” His words slurred. “He… wouldn't… listen.” He was asleep.

CJ panted, his heart racing. What had Theodore been talking about? Something to do with him? Or maybe just a fever dream? Judging by the heat rolling off his boss the latter was probably most likely.

Worried to no end and slightly out of his wits CJ brought his wrist to the curator's hot forehead cringing at the heat he encountered. He got up to organise more fever reducer and a fresh glass of water bringing it back to the couch.

It took a fair amount of shoulder shakes and “Theodore”’s before the older man stirred, slowly opening his eyes again.

“CJ?” Theo’s hoarse whisper sounded surprised. “What are you doing here?”

CJ wondered how much of last night's event had registered in the curator's fevered brain. “W-We're at my apartment, Theo, I-I brought you here s-so you wouldn't have to sleep in the museum vault, remember?” As CJ watched, recognition seemed to form in those dark green eyes. “I, Uhm, I-I brought you some more medicine. Can.. Can you sit up?”

Supported by pillows and CJ’s arm the curator managed a near sitting position, swallowing the pills and the water. He shivered and CJ felt the dampness if his shirt from the fever sweats. He helped Theo lay back down before he searched his suitcase for a change of clothes. He found several plain T shirts, sweatpants, underwear and a small bag of toiletries. The only piece of clothing with some colour was a grass green pair of pyjamas. CJ frowned as he took out the night wear. He was starting to wonder whether this was actually Theodore James’s suitcase, certainly not the Theodore James he knew but that didn't make the sick man any less his friend or boss.

Back on the couch Theo had curled in on himself and brought his hand up to press against his nose.

“Hheh’ektsschoo! K’tschoo! Hheh… Eh’kehtsschoo!”

He shivered again and CJ handed him a tissue from the box on the coffee table before he went to the bathroom to retrieve the dry handkerchiefs he had washed before going to sleep. Theo gratefully took one, blowing his nose while CJ placed the rest in a stack on the coffee table along with the pyjamas. Theo shivered again, eyeing the stack of clothes. CJ crouched down in front of him, speaking slowly, both to calm himself and the still slightly disoriented curator.

“You, uhm, you should put on some dry clothes.” He gestured to the pile on the table. “Will you be c-comfortable in that or would you like something else?” The curator nodded, slowly sitting up rubbing his eyes as he reached for the clothes. CJ steadied him the short walk to the bathroom bracing Theo between himself and the wall as an explosive sneeze overtook him nearly bending him in half.

“Eh’TSCHOO!”

CJ kept his arms firmly around the curator’s midsection ignoring the hard drumming of his heart against his ribs. He helped Theo sit down on the closed lid of the toilet, making sure the curator could manage his balance before he let him go. Their eyes met briefly and Theo whispered a hoarse “thank you”. CJ nodded, feeling warmth spread in his cheeks and through his chest. He squeezed Theo’s shoulder affectionately before he left the older man to do his business in private.

Walking back towards the couch he heard several strong and productive sounding nose blows followed by dry harsh coughs. CJ’s own throat ached in sympathy and he set out to make a cup of warm milk with plenty of honey to butter Theo’s throat and hopefully give him a more peaceful sleep. As he sat the mug down Theo re-emerged, shoulder length hair tousled from sleep and sweat and with eyes so droopy he looked like he could fall asleep standing. Despite his otherwise miserable appearance CJ couldn't help but notice how the flashy green pyjamas made the curator's dark green eyes stand out. His heart was already several moves into a quickstep again.

CJ noticed the shivers running through Theo as he sat back down and brought the comforter up to wrap it around Theo's belly and legs before he swung the blanket around his shoulders. His fingers brushed Theo's hair in the process and the assistant’s breath caught for a second. It was as soft as he could have possibly imagined. Already his fingers itched to touch it again.

Theo seemed to have recovered some of his mental awareness during his trip to the bathroom and CJ practically melted as the curator's eyes turned to liquid, shadowed meadows when CJ pushed the steaming mug of sweet smelling milk towards him. He took it with both hands ignoring the handle and sighed in delight as his hands soaked up the warmth. He took a small sip, moaning softly. He flashed a tired smile at CJ.

“Your kindness knows no bounds, CJ my galant host.” Theo’s smile widened as CJ's felt the warmth of a deep blush spread in his cheeks and he diverted his eyes having absolutely no clue how to respond to that. He looked at his feet and shrugged as he muttered silently.

“It's the least anyone would do for Theodore James.”He looked back up as Theo’s sniffles suddenly sounded heavier and was followed by a resigned huff of air. The curator's eyes were downcast his hand fiddling with the handle on the mug.

“How can you possibly compare what you see before you to Theodore James?” His sniffled reaching for the handkerchief on the coffee table bringing it up to dap at his eyes. “This is not the Theodore James people expect to see at the exhibition.” He sniffled again and rubbed his nose. “This is not the Theodore James who can save the museum.” He finally raised his eyes to CJ. They were wet, dark puddles of deep green. CJ's heart ached as Theo shrugged, letting a single glistening tear roll down his cheek. “This is but some empty hologram of a confident man, believing he can be anything he wants to be because he dresses in flamboyant clothes and hides his emotions behind flashy smiles and elaborate gestures.”

Briefly, Theo's face scrunched up in agony and he brought his handkerchief up to cover it. He took a deep breath to steady himself letting the handkerchief fall back down, his face once again composed.

“CJ dear, I assure you, the man before you is not worthy of the name ‘Theodore James’.” He hung his head, letting another tear escape.

“Theodore that is not true!” CJ was surprised at how calm and secure his own voice sounded. He didn't know what leftover emotions or resentment was currently bottled up in the curator's heart after his break up with Nathaniel Marc nor did he care to think about it. The Theodore James he knew could conquer anything.

CJ scrutinised his boss, this WAS Theodore James the conqueror but CJ also recognised the Theodore James who once let his mask fall in front of a shy and unknown museum guard who could do nothing but offer a sympathetic smile in return. If anyone, CJ knew that Theodore James was much more than flashy smiles, theatrical gestures and showboat outfits. If Theodore James, the flamboyant museum curator was Marie Antoinette’s cake, then this Theodore James, the sneezy and adorably red-nosed man currently occupying CJ’s couch was the poor man’s bread. To either party, Theodore James was a satisfied longing. To CJ, Theodore James was everything he wasn't and everything he adored.

“You…” He struggled to find words he could possibly utter to explain the impact the curator had had on him, on the entire work force, Christ, on the entire museum. “You’ve conquered, Theodore!” Those words sounded strong in CJ’s own ears. “ You've accomplished more than anyone had thought possible two years ago. You're a leader, Theodore, people look up to you.” He pause, taking a deep breath. Shy warmth crept into his face and tinted his cheeks pink. “I…” He looked down at his hands, lowering his voice. “I… I look up to you.”

It was the truth! He knew it and yet, having uttered it made CJ feel oddly exposed. He dared a quick glance at the curator's eyes, expecting some kind of mock after having been told that the quiet striving-for-near-invisibility-assistant looked up to him. But the curator's eyes shone with a warmth CJ hadn't seen before. Not a glazed fever warmth to go with his flushed cheeks and red, chapped nose, something different, softer. His blush deepened and he looked down again.

“I-I-I just m-meant that,” he muttered to his hands “Even though you're, uhm, sick and l-less flamboyant, I-it doesn't make you any less ‘Theodore James’.” CJ felt his cheeks burning fiery hot and wondered when his nerves where gonna pay him back for that, but he felt oddly calm, given the circumstances, even calmer as he noticed the gentle smile that Theo was giving him.

The curator huffed a small laugh. “CJ, my northern star, you belief in me is inspiring.” Timidly CJ met his eyes. There were those deep green puddles again.

Custodi Spirandi, CJ!

Too aware of the colour in his cheeks and the speed of his heartbeat CJ looked away, noticing out the corner of his eye that the handkerchief was snatched from the table and the mug was sat down in its stead.

“Eh’ktsxhoo! K’nxxtschoo! Snf! Ahh, swe-hh-eet Marie.. Hheh… He’knxtschoo!”

“Ahh, I would revel more in this relieving sensation if it didn't make my head throb something horrible.” He blew his nose into the handkerchief and robbed the aching spot between his eyebrows. He refocused on CJ flashing a smile. “You know I rarely get sick but when I do it always seems to be at the worst possible time.”

CJ offered him a sympathetic smile. “You can hardly help it. People get sick, it happens.” CJ swallowed, taking a deep breath. “I just…” he looked down at his fidgeting hands in his lap. “I-I just wish I could offer you something better than this.” When he looked up the curator's eyes were gazing softly at him, the same gaze CJ had noticed at the restaurant. The curator's face was unreadable but the smile was kind as he reached for his mug on the table, taking a small sip before he spoke.

“Ahh, CJ, trust me when I say that I can scarcely believe my fortune amidst my woe.”

CJ frowned. “What do you mean?”

The curator's face softened, his eyes more mesmerising than ever.

Custodi Spirandi, CJ! For goodness sake! His heart’s quickstep had picked up its pace.

“You, CJ.”

Screw quickstep! CJ's heart was a tap-dancing Fred Astaire in a marathon.

“If you hadn't walked down to the lockers and acted the modern interpretation of a knight in shining armour I would not be sitting here, nice and warm with a cup of honeyed milk in my hands and medicine in my system. If I should make it back to something that even remotely resembles Theodore James by Monday, I'll have you to thank.”

CJ blushed complete scarlet, looking down at his hands in his lap wishing he could fidget with his handkerchief. He couldn't possibly be worthy of such praise. He felt the curator sit up straight and turn towards him.

“CJ… I…” Something in Theo's voice made CJ look up. That nervous look Theo had worn in the restaurant was back. CJ frowned, his heart nearly busting through his ribs.

Please don't let it be bad, please don't let it be bad.

Theo cleared his throat and moved a tiny bit closer, resting his hand on the back of couch not far from CJ’s face. CJ suddenly wondered what it would feel like to have that hand stroke his hair, cup his cheek, trail his jaw line.

Custodi Spirandi, CJ! Snap out of it.

He cleared his throat, trying to get control of his breathing and his marathon-tap-dancing heart.

“CJ, I know that…” Theo didn't get further before his nose suddenly twitched and he scrambled for the handkerchief bringing it to his nose as he quickly sat the mug down.

“Ih’ktschoo! Hheh… Eh’tsschoo!”

CJ politely turned his head away as Theo blew his nose productively into the handkerchief. His own head was beginning to ache, a consequence of wearing neither glasses nor contacts. He rubbed his eyes and blinked a few times to get the focus back and that's when he noticed a blue post-it sitting on the arm rest of the couch just out of reach. He took advantage of Theo's following coughing fit to move closer to the other side of the sofa, snatch the post-it and stuff it in his pyjama pocket. He looked back at Theo, pleased that the curator hadn't noticed it.

When Theo reemerged from behind his handkerchief looking utterly spent, nose more red than ever, he instantly eyed the newly increased gap between himself and CJ. The assistant watched the curator's face fall into confusion before a saddened frown overcame him and he lowered his eyes from CJ and gave a small understanding nod.

For the second time in less than two days CJ had no idea what was going through Theodore’s mind but something he had done had obviously registered painfully in the curator's head.

CJ wanted to explain, to comfort somehow. He held up his hand, suddenly anxious, unsure of what to say.

“T-T-Th-The-Theo I-I-I-I I'm uhm….. I-I-I-“

“Please don't make yourself uncomfortable, CJ. I understand. By Versailles, I know you must find this whole affair utterly distasteful. I'm aware I hardly look the picture of health at the moment.” The curator looked down, running a finger under his nose.

CJ’s mind was frozen, he had no answers ready and so could do nothing but frown in despair as Theo sighed exhaustedly and lowered himself onto his mountain of pillows.

“You look exhausted, CJ. I apologise if I woke you earlier. Thank you for the warm milk, that was very kind of you.” He settled into his pillows and closed his eyes giving his nose a last rub.

Slightly feeling he was being dismissed from his own couch CJ nodded slowly and stood. His mind was bursting with explanations and apologies for which he couldn't possibly structure any coherent sentences. He felt his feet starting towards his bedroom and heard his own voice mutter a pathetic “sleep well Theo” as he passed the sick curator.

Once in his bed the tears broke free. CJ despised himself for reasons he couldn't even explain.

TBC...

*insert incoherent keyboard smash here*

Ahem.

“No no no, he can't find you here, he's mad enough as it is, I tried to apologise, tell him it wasn't your fault but he wouldn't listen.” Theo's eyes fluttered shut again a single sob breaking through. “He wouldn't… Listen” His words slurred. “He… wouldn't… listen.” He was asleep.

hmmmmm Nathanial??? Is this what dinner at the Nimb really was about?? SO CURIOUS!

Ok Theo's entire breakdown was heartbreakly adorable but this line

They were wet, dark puddles of deep green.

God what a wonderful description :heart: Poor cutierator.

“CJ… I…” Something in Theo's voice made CJ look up. That nervous look Theo had worn in the restaurant was back. CJ frowned, his heart nearly busting through his ribs.

Please don't let it be bad, please don't let it be bad.

Theo cleared his throat and moved a tiny bit closer, resting his hand on the back of couch not far from CJ’s face. CJ suddenly wondered what it would feel like to have that hand stroke his hair, cup his cheek, trail his jaw line.

Custodi Spirandi, CJ! Snap out of it.

He cleared his throat, trying to get control of his breathing and his marathon-tap-dancing heart.

“CJ, I know that…” Theo didn't get further before his nose suddenly twitched and he scrambled for the handkerchief bringing it to his nose as he quickly sat the mug down

Please tell me I wasnt the only one screaming "TELL HIM" at my screen since I'm DYING to know what he keeps trying to ell CJ yet keeps getting cut off with!!! If the first quote is Nathaniel well then..... hehehehheheheeee

Once in his bed the tears broke free. CJ despised himself for reasons he couldn't even explain.

Oh CJ, my star, everything will be okay....RIGHT JUTO????

Again dear I've run out of praise, I adore this so hard. I'll wait with baited breath to find out what Theo wants to tell CJ (god I hope it's what I think it is....)

Sadly, I'm not from Jutland and can only read some words of Danish; I got Greater Copenhagen though.Nor am I a professor of Latin, though I sort of did it at my college.

Isn't vincera Italian cf Pavarotti? I think in Latin it's "vincere",. What tenses concern you? Well, the past of Set is set, and of Lie is lay. [And the infinitive of lie is lie]. Hanged is right, but most English speakers would deny the word even exists.

Well, A Merry Christmes, and do keep up the wonderful sneezing, and the cherubs up above!

Another fabulous chapter!

His fingers brushed Theo's hair in the process and the assistant’s breath caught for a second. It was as soft as he could have possibly imagined. Already his fingers itched to touch it again.

CJ is turning into absolute goo around Theo isn't he?

“Ahh, I would revel more in this relieving sensation if it didn't make my head throb something horrible.”

I already told you how much I love this part of Theo's personality. :heart:

But all the sobbing. You are going to have to get these two together quick. They are beginning to lose hope.

SpamKey, do you have a Coke Zero?

*insert incoherent keyboard smash here*

Hehehehehe don't hurt yourself dear ;)

Oh CJ, my star, everything will be okay....RIGHT JUTO????

:whistle:

Isn't vincera Italian cf Pavarotti? I think in Latin it's "vincere",. What tenses concern you? Well, the past of Set is set, and of Lie is lay. [And the infinitive of lie is lie]. Hanged is right, but most English speakers would deny the word even exists.

Well, A Merry Christmes, and do keep up the wonderful sneezing, and the cherubs up above!

Thanks, I'll try to be more careful with the tenses ;)

More cherubs to come :lol:

CJ is turning into absolute goo around Theo isn't he?

Oh so very much, yes!

But all the sobbing. You are going to have to get these two together quick. They are beginning to lose hope.

;) I believe I have just the thing ;) not quite yet though :P

I'm in love with this story...

Oh gosh, thank you! :heart:

Chapter 7 – Magister Dixit

CJ awoke after what felt like mere hours. He rubbed his eyes before he could focus on his watch. 9.30. But he had no idea what time he had fallen asleep. His middle-of-the-night disaster with the curator had left him wondering and despairing in bed before sleep finally came to him. He cocked his head, listening intently but there were no sounds suggesting that Theo was awake yet, only the occasional muffled cough to confirm that he was still in fact there and hadn't fled after CJ’s horrible…whatever he had done to make the curator sad.

He sat up and reached for his phone working out sentences in his mind as he dialled the museum front desk for an update on the progress of the exhibition. He rubbed his eyes as he waited for Alice to pick up. His eyes felt dry and achy making his already compromised vision foggy.

CJ was pleased to learn that the missing gold goblet had been delivered early that very morning, that the technicians had fixed the lights during the night and that the cleaning crew was making everything spotless. He nodded happily. At least he would have some good news to share with Theo.

He dragged his feet to the bathroom for his morning business shrugging out of his black pyjamas and into black jeans and a long sleeved black t shirt. He flinched at his reflection once his eyes had adjusted to his contacts. They looked red and irritated as if he'd being crying and rubbing at them in his sleep. After a few blinks his contacts started to bother him. He reached for the saltwater drops dripping his eyes to wet them. He considered wearing his glasses but decided against it, today much like any other day, he just wanted to be invisible… Well… Transparent at the very least. He did still have a patient on his couch.

Entering the living room he was pleased to find the curator still sleeping. Theo's mouth was hanging slightly open and he was breathing heavily, probably a consequence of his stuffed up nose. CJ noticed the poor thing looked as red as ever. Theo must have been rubbing at it in his sleep. The comforter was on the floor and as CJ moved closer to the couch he could see the older man let out a small shiver.

As silently as possible he picked up the comforter and gently placed it back on the sleeping curator carefully tucking it around him.

Noticing the beads of sweat on the curator's brow CJ dared another feel of his forehead with his wrist. He sighed. Theo was still running a high temperature. He didn't want to wake him for more medicine just yet so he quickly went back to the bathroom to get a cold washcloth to place on the curator's forehead.

Slowly and with plenty of false starts and pull-backs he brushed the hair away from Theo’s forehead before placing the cooled cloth on his brow. Even soaked in sweat, it was still the softest hair CJ had ever felt. Theo murmured softly in appreciation as the cold washcloth touched his burning skin but he didn't wake.

CJ set out to assemble his own breakfast of coffee and porridge, eating at the kitchen table from where he could watch Theo sleep. He continued to rub at his sore eyes. His contacts were killing him despite the saltwater drops he had used. He dug the palms of his hands angrily into his eyes one last time before settling down to eat trying his best to ignore the itches by focusing only on Theodore.

The patient on the couch let out a muffled cough from time to time and even brought his hand up to rub against his nose in his sleep but CJ was happy to note that the curator seemed to be relieved of his usual morning sneezing fits. CJ allowed himself a pat on the back for the state of his apartment. His own dust allergy forced him to keep the place relatively clean which seemed to earn the sick curator a few extra hours of sleep. CJ got up a few times during the morning to re-cool the washcloth with cold water and place it back on the curator's forehead. Each time he dared a quick feel of Theo’s hair. The fourth time he nearly slapped his own hand away before his fingers had buried themselves completely in the long wavy locks.

God, CJ, you're pathetic.

But it's so soft.

Stop it!

Sometime around noon Theo started stirring, slowly opening one eye at the time. CJ looked up from his laptop in the open kitchen where he'd been making corrections to the speech Theodore was supposed to give at the opening of the exhibition. CJ watched his patient’s hand come out from underneath the comforter searching for something. Watching the curator's face scrunch up around his twitching nose CJ was able to guess what and quickly brought a clean handkerchief within reach just in time.

“K’tschoo! Eh... Ehksschoo!”

The force of the sneezes made Theo's upper body snap forward almost to a sitting position before he flopped back down ready for a new assault.

“Ehsschoo! Kht’esschoo!”

Theo coughed away the aftermath of the fit, groaning audibly. He lay panting for another minute before attempting to open his eyes again. CJ had returned to the kitchen to procure a fresh mug of honeyed tea, a glass of water, some toast with butter and cheese and a dose of cold medicine, decongestant and cough drops, allowing Theo some time to wake up and tend to himself in peace. CJ dug the heels of his hands into his sore eyes as he waited for the water to boil. He had to blink his contacts back into place as the damn things had moved after all the rubbing. He shook his head trying to clear it of the irritant. He didn't want Theo to notice.

Now sitting up, leaning against a mountain of pillows the curator flashed a tired smile as CJ put down the liquids, food and medicine in front of him. The assistant took note of the exhausted look in the curator's eyes, his heavily flushed cheeks and chapped and angry looking nose. Theo frowned slightly at the food in front of him but happily accepted the mug of tea and the medicine CJ handed him. He swallowed the pills with a sip of water and turned his full attention to the mug in his hands, letting the steam rising from it soar up into his stuffed up nose. He began sniffling heavily after a few seconds and pulled the handkerchief up to his nose quickly placing the mug back on the table.

“Esschk’tchoo! Eh… Ehk’tchoo!”

He gave his nose a productive blow before accepting the nasal decongestant spray from CJ.

He tried handing him the plate of food but Theo kindly refused it, leaning back on his mountain of pillows as he turned a hazy and slightly unfocused look at CJ.

“What's the verdict Dr. Bennett? You look quite grave.” He said it with a small smile but CJ wasn't fooled. Judging by Theo's voice, the state of his nose and his flushed face he wasn't feeling much better than yesterday. CJ twisted his fingers in his lap giving his itchy eyes a quick and unproductive rub before looking over at the curator.

“You, uhm, you've been running a high temperature all morning. B-but I though you could use some sleep so I didn't wake you for more medicine.” CJ felt the blush creep into his cheeks as Theo eyed the moist washcloth now laying on the table next to his tray before he glanced back up at CJ nodding his thanks with another tired smile.

CJ was happy to see that the tension from the early morning conversation seemed to have left the curator's face. Theo took another sip of his tea, sighed appreciatively and reached for his glasses. He looked over at CJ who had sat in the armchair across from the sofa trying discreetly to rub his eyes. The assistant blinked a few times to refocus on Theo noting to his great surprise that his boss was frowning at him eyes bordering on despair.

“CJ dear, by Marie, have you been crying?”

CJ quickly looked away, blushing. Unable to ignore the irritating dryness he brought his hands back up to rub at his eyes, wincing at their soreness. He hadn't seen the curator move but suddenly warm fingers gently pried his hands away from his face and a concerned pair of dark green eyes behind black, thick-framed glasses bore into his own.

“CJ listen to me.” The voice was low and hoarse, but it had CJ's undivided attention. Theo’s eyes searched his own. “Please remove your contacts, drop your eyes with saltwater and wear your glasses instead.” CJ was stunned. Could Theo see his contacts? How else did he know? CJ hadn't moved, he wasn’t sure he was physically able to, not with the curator this close. Or maybe he just didn't want to move. Was he even breathing? CJ wasn't entirely certain. “CJ.” Theo's eyes turned stern and the voice was softly insisting. “You're hurting yourself and I won't have it. Please.”

Theo released his grip around CJ’s wrists and the assistant let out the breath he had been holding in. As Theo retuned to his seat on the couch reaching for his handkerchief CJ nodded slowly more to himself than to Theo and made for the bathroom taking long deep breaths as he went.

“K’etchoo! Ehkts’schoo!”

He could hear Theodore’s sneezes. muffled coughs and the following nose blow despite the closed door to the bathroom. CJ hoped for Theo’s sake that the illness would soon release its nasty grip letting the curator become his flamboyant self in time for Monday's exhibition.

He took a last look at himself in the mirror, eyes moist from saltwater and with his thick rimmed, square, black glasses perched lightly on his nose across his dance pattern of freckles. He took a deep breath and mentally prepared himself for any comments, good and bad, Theo could possibly throw his way.

When he came back to the living room Theo was on his phone, doing his best to “act himself”. Most of his elaborate nature was just that; his nature, but CJ picked up an added layer of flamboyance that he hadn't heard from the curator since the hors d’oeuvres tasting. Theo's voice still sounded rough and congested but the curator didn't even seem to take any notice.

“Fabulous Alice, and the delivery?” The curator glanced up at CJ as the blushing assistant took his seat in the chair again nervously readjusting the glasses on his nose. Out the corner of his eyes he noticed a small smile on Theo's face but couldn't tell if it was due to the – at his own request - now bespectacled assistant or whether it was due to good news from Alice. “Splendid. Right, lay in on me, dear, how far behind are we?”

CJ heard a happy chipper from the other end of the line and mentally padded his own shoulder. As he had had confirmed from Alice that same morning, things had all gone according to his plan, they were still ahead of schedule with only a few things to sort out before Monday.

CJ felt his face warm as the curator processed Alice’s happy news and the assistant humbly looked down at his hands as Theo turned a mildly surprised yet knowing glance at him.

“Did he now?” Theo’s smile widened and CJ felt his blush deepen. “Well, how marvellous. Thank you Alice. Carry on the splendid work, dear, I'll check in later. He ended the call tapping his phone against his lips a few times as he scrutinised CJ’s face.

“CJ my courteous saviour, Alice tells me you singlehandedly organised the entire workforce yesterday and successfully executed ‘mission fascination’.” He paused cocking one eyebrow at the reddening assistant before his face split in a huge smile. “I never doubted your abilities for a second.”

CJ bit his lower lip to keep from grinning at the unexpected praise and tucked his hands between his knees. He suddenly remembered the pictures he had taken on his phone and dug in his pocket for the device, quickly opening his photo folder handing it Theo who took it readjusting his glasses to look at the screen.

To CJ's great pleasure Theo had nothing but the highest praise for all the hard work he had done finishing the set up for the exhibition. He finished complimenting CJ on his keen eye to serve just the right cake as he handed his phone back to him. They went on to discuss exactly where to place the entertainers and period appropriate drink servers to optimise the guests experiences. In truth CJ did most of the talking, with a few deep breaths and stuttering consonants every now and again. Meanwhile Theo was busy rubbing his red and twitchy nose, giving in to the occasional exhausting sneeze or dry cough that would momentarily reduce his voice to a hoarse whisper until a harsh sounding throat clear would bring it back. But whenever CJ would make a clear point that the curator agreed with his eyes would turn to liquid seas and he would gaze softly at CJ nodding his agreement.

CJ, with a lot of help from mentally encouraging Latin spoken in his head, managed not to turn to liquid jelly on his own couch whenever that mesmerising gaze would catch him. During the planning CJ noticed that Theo's eyes seemed to search his own more than usual and more than once Theo's lips would curl up into a small smile, but the curator never commented on CJ's glasses and before they had finished their planning the assistant had forgot them altogether.

CJ kept a close watch on Theo all afternoon. Thankfully, the medicine seemed to be working, Theo’s face seemed less flushed with fever, CJ's fingers itched to feel, to brush away those soft, damp locks, but he couldn't possibly, so he didn't. Theo's voice was still hoarse despite the frequent use of cough drops but at least it sounded much less congested. CJ was happy to note that Theo had even taken a small bite of his toast while CJ had been making him more tea.

Sadly, the medicine had no positive effect on Theo’s sneezing and coughing, if anything his nose twitched even more after the decongestant had loosened the stuffiness. The stack of handkerchiefs were thinning and CJ made a mental note to wash them again tonight. Out the corner of his eyes he saw Theo bringing his handkerchief up to rub viciously at his nose before curling in on himself his shoulders shaking with a light shiver. CJ quickly got up to rearrange the blanket around the curator's shoulders, taking extra care not to touch Theo's soft hair, he wasn't sure his nerves could handle that kind of overload, not now. He dared a glance at Theo as he tucked the sides of the blanket under the comforter making sure no shivering body part was exposed. Theo’s features was a mixture of exhaustion and sadness, but as soon as CJ caught his eye Theo immediately transformed into his smiling albeit still depleted self voicing his gratitude with a creative yet familiar term of endearment sending the assistant back to his chair with pink cheeks.

CJ was in his own world, typing notes for the kitchen staff and servers on his computer when a particularly vicious set of sneeze overtook the curator.

“Eschkt’schoo!”

Startled, CJ looked up to see the frozen, anticipating, ticklish face of Theo whose eyes were turned towards the cherubs in the ceiling as he waved his handkerchief absentmindedly back and forth in front of his face. Bewildered, CJ found he couldn't look away from the oddly adorable scene of Theo trying to battle his twitchy nose. His breath hitched once and Theo brought the handkerchief up only to lower it seconds later as the teasing sensation must have died down again.

“O-Hh-oh sweet Marie” CJ hid a smile behind his hand eyes still fixated on Theo’s adorable pre-sneeze expression. Theo's eyes fluttered shut and his chest expanded as the sneeze had finally decided to end the teasing and erupt. Handkerchief on his nose Theo pinched it shut against the force of sneeze.

“Hheh… Eh’ngXXT’ch!-uhh!” He sniffled deeply. “Oww.” He complained in a whisper pressing his palm against his brow.

“You okay?” CJ couldn't keep the worry out of his voice as he took in Theo’s pained expression. That stifle had not been kind to the curator's throbbing sinuses.

“Splendid splendid.” Theo waved him off with his handkerchief hand still pressed against his brow. “Merely a slight ache.”

CJ rolled his eyes at the obvious downplay. He knew that “merely a slight ache” was ‘Theodore’ for a “spitting headache threatening to burst through my skull”. Without further thought he got up and moved to the curator gently pushing the older man back against the couch. Theo complied letting CJ make him more comfortable against his pillows before the assistant went to his freezer pulling out a bag of frozen peas and wrapped it it kitchen towels before he went back, crouched down in front of Theo and placed it against his forehead.

“Better?” He asked quietly. Theo nodded, sighing, as he closed his eyes. “Don't stifle if it hurts you.” Theo gave another small nod. With a sudden angry flare CJ raised a lecturing finger. “And don't just say “splendid” when you're clearly in pain. How am I supposed to care for you when you won't be honest with me about how you feel?”

CJ blushed profusely as Theo opened his eyes and grinned at him. “CJ Bennett my brilliant but reticent assistant, did you just lecture me?” CJ panicked and looked away, feeling the heat spread all the way to his ears.

What the hell did you say that for? CJ you idiot!

Oh Caesar kill me now!

Ave Imperator. Morituri te salutant.

CJ closed his eyes as he dug his hand in his pocket for the handkerchief, willing his nerves to calm.

Breathe CJ!

Custodi Spirandi!

“CJ look at me.” A warm hand was placed on his shoulder, the thumb drawing comforting patterns on his shirt. Reluctantly and with flickering eyes CJ slowly met Theo’s deep green gaze. The voice had been humorous mere seconds ago but the eyes were serious and humble as they held CJ's. “Pray forgive my insensibility. I shall never again use “splendid” to cover a throbbing headache when I am at the mercy of your care.”

CJ was taken aback by Theo's directness but accepted the promise with a nod. Theo held his eyes for a little longer before closing them pressing down on the bag of frozen peas on his forehead.

CJ just sat on the floor, not really sure what to say or do. With Callum, whenever CJ had made a stupid comment without his nerves getting in the way there would have been a roar of laughter from his partner making CJ feel even more insecure, but with Theo, CJ didn't really know what to think. The curator had always seemed more respectful of his condition than Callum had ever been but this was something new, this guilt and need to apologise for having made CJ feel embarrassed.

CJ wasn't quite sure what to make of it, but whatever magical power the curator had unleashed it made him let go of his comforting handkerchief and raise his eyes to the curator once more instead of listening to his nerves telling him he should pack up and leave for Timbuktu as quickly as possibly.

TBC…

Awwwwh CJ! And Theo! And all this vacillating between miscommunication and proper communication and everything is just killing me! I'm glad Theo finally made him remove those contacts, though, maybe now there'll be less of a chance for mixed messages now, I neeeeed these two to talk! You're killing me here, Juto. Killing me. (But I love it :P )

I neeeeed these two to talk! You're killing me here, Juto. Killing me. (But I love it :P )

THIS THIS AND THIS!!

I keep thinking, it's gonna come, it's gonna come AND I KNOW I'M THE LAST FRAKING PERSON ON EARTH WHO CAN CLAIM TO DRAGGING SOMETHING OUT BUT COME ON JUTO!! (I love you :hug: )

With a sudden angry flare CJ raised a lecturing finger. “And don't just say “splendid” when you're clearly in pain. How am I supposed to care for you when you won't be honest with me about how you feel?”

FESSOR!CJ is the best!!!!

I love that Theo told him to wear his glasses :heart: so adorable and it really should show to CJ that his curator likes him for just who he is. Wonderful chapter again Juto :heart::hug:

NOW KISS ALREADY BOYS!! Don't make me get Jasper.

OMG. I'm so behind with everything on here. I just totally binge read this whole story. It's amazing! Your characters are so real. I admit I am emotionally invested in them right now. They seriously need to get on the same page! But they are both so damn cute, flitting around each other. I love it! So much!

Marvelous up date. No imminent disasters and maybe some baby steps toward romantic resolution. Such as...

During the planning CJ noticed that Theo's eyes seemed to search his own more than usual and more than once Theo's lips would curl up into a small smile, but the curator never commented on CJ's glasses and before they had finished their planning the assistant had forgot them altogether.

See CJ? Nobody cares if you wear your glasses. You're still cute.

and...

“And don't just say “splendid” when you're clearly in pain. How am I supposed to care for you when you won't be honest with me about how you feel?”

CJ blushed profusely as Theo opened his eyes and grinned at him. “CJ Bennett my brilliant but reticent assistant, did you just lecture me?” CJ panicked and looked away, feeling the heat spread all the way to his ears.

Yeah, Theo, be honest about how you feel. No, how you REALLY feel.

and this...

CJ wasn't quite sure what to make of it, but whatever magical power the curator had unleashed it made him let go of his comforting handkerchief and raise his eyes to the curator once more instead of listening to his nerves telling him he should pack up and leave for Timbuktu as quickly as possibly.

As Brian Wilson said, "Love and mercy, that's what you need tonight". I believe that is what got unleashed on you, CJ.

Please, Juto, may we have some more?

• 2 weeks later...

Awwwwh CJ! And Theo! And all this vacillating between miscommunication and proper communication and everything is just killing me! I'm glad Theo finally made him remove those contacts, though, maybe now there'll be less of a chance for mixed messages now, I neeeeed these two to talk! You're killing me here, Juto. Killing me. (But I love it )

SpamKey, on 28 Dec 2015 - 8:29 PM, said:

I neeeeed these two to talk! You're killing me here, Juto. Killing me. (But I love it )

THIS THIS AND THIS!!

I keep thinking, it's gonna come, it's gonna come AND I KNOW I'M THE LAST FRAKING PERSON ON EARTH WHO CAN CLAIM TO DRAGGING SOMETHING OUT BUT COME ON JUTO!! (I love you )

Hehe... I'm sure I can find a fitting Latin quote if you want to go in style? ;)

Until then... Juuuuuuuuuuuuust dragging it out a tiny bit more... Just a couple of chapters ;) Custodi Spirandi folks! :lol:

OMG. I'm so behind with everything on here. I just totally binge read this whole story. It's amazing! Your characters are so real. I admit I am emotionally invested in them right now. They seriously need to get on the same page! But they are both so damn cute, flitting around each other. I love it! So much!

Awww *cue CJ blush* thank you. ;) I hope you continue to like it despite them reading the same book one upside down, the other translating to Latin in his head :lol: they'll get there eventually! ... Maybe... ;) hehe

Please, Juto, may we have some more?

Well, certainly my dear...

Chapter 8 – Cura Personalis

Silence had ruled CJ's little apartment for a while only interrupted by a couple of breathy “o-oh dear Marie” often followed by an exhausted sounding sneeze or two. CJ often peeked over his computer screen at his patient still lounging in his nest of pillows and comforter in the couch. CJ sat in his armchair opposite the couch casting discreet glances and more often than not, Theo's eyes would seek out his and the assistant would look away quickly feeling the quickstep in his heartbeat and the spreading warmth in his cheeks.

After finding out that CJ was working on Theo's opening speech, the time schedules and the layout for the menus all by himself the curator was caught by guilt and confessed in a very elaborately apologetic manner that he hadn't given a single thought to them since CJ had brought him home with him, that this horrific state he was currently in had practically ruined CJ's weekend and that the museum would probably be better off with a less piteous and impuissant curator. It took the nervous (albeit internally eye rolling) assistant a good 10 minutes to convince his boss that he didn't mind working on the speech, the schedules and the menus, that Theo being sick on his couch was much better than him being sick and alone in a dusty museum vault and that even sick and miserable, Theodore James was by far the best possible curator for the museum.

Theo had blushed slightly at that last comment but had quickly been caught in a battle with his lungs, coughing and coughing until CJ had rushed to his side to help him lie back down. In a moment of bravery CJ had placed his wrist against Theo’s forehead and mumbled that it was time a for new dose of cold medicine to bring that fever down. His hand had lingered for a second longer than necessary because Theo's eyes had met his with a look the assistant couldn't quite decipher. Trust? Surrender? Pleasure? Whatever it was it had caused CJ's surprisingly calm hand to brush lightly over Theo's burning forehead before he got up to fetch more water for the medicine.

He supported Theo as the older man swallowed the pills and helped him lean back against the pillows. CJ placed the bag of now semi defrosted peas back on his forehead and tucked his comforter closer around him as he'd felt his body shiver from the cold water.

CJ went back to his seat and picked up his laptop but didn't manage to get very far before Theo once again started his guilt rant about CJ, his noble saviour, doing all his work whilst he lay desolation feeling unworthy of the title ‘curator’. His voice gave out triggering a chesty cough which in turn made his nose twitch. He barely had time to catch his breath before he brought his handkerchief up to cup his enflamed nose.

“Hheh… Ekh’tschoo! Ahh, p-praise the… Queen… K’tschuh!-uhh!... Hnn.. Eh’ketschjuh! Ahh, such alleviation.

CJ, amused by the curator's attempted flamboyant comeback yet slightly worried for his boss’s wellbeing went to support Theo as a new cough threatened to shred his lungs with its force. With a supporting hand on his shoulder while the other caressed his back CJ waited for Theo’s cough to let up.

“Ahh Marie be praised.” Theo croaked happily accepting his glass of water from CJ. “Dear me,” he exclaimed between sips. “You never really learn to appreciate breathing until you can't.”

CJ kept a firm grasp on the glass since Theo's hands were shaking too much for him to hold it steady. Glass empty, Theo flopped dramatically back against the pillows and added a “I can't believe I'm stuck in a horizontal position letting you do all my work. I should be at the museum doing something, anything!” to his previous rant. CJ merely watched him from his place at the other end of the couch, surprised and slightly concerned as Theo seemed to talk himself into a standing position preparing to leave and head to the museum. He only managed half a step before his legs gave out and his eyes started to dart around the room dangerously unfocused. CJ was on his feet, catching his boss around the waist, gently lowering him back onto the couch before Theo had registered what was happening.

“That should r-really put an end to your escapades today, a-agreed?” He mumbled bursting with worry as he tucked the comforter tight around his shivering patient. Theo let out a distressed groan as he pinched his eyes under his glasses trying to bring his focus back.

“Dear Marie I'm so pitiful I can't even stand.”

“Don't worry about it Theo. Just r-relax. Here.” CJ pressed the handkerchief back into the older man's hand as he noticed his breathing hitched.

Theo turned away from him curling in on himself.

“K’etschiew! Ekt’xschoo!”

He blew his nose into his handkerchief and threw it on the floor with a distressed frown, flamboyant grace forgotten.

“Pray forgive me CJ for my deplorable state. I must look the very picture of abominable to you.” He reached for a clean handkerchief wiping at his moist eyes and chapped, red nose.

“I-I don't mind Theo, honestly. P-Please don't hurt yourself trying to leave. You should stay right here.” It suddenly occurred to him what he had said and he quickly added a shaky “u-until m-mond-d-day I m-m-mean.”

His hand dove for his grandmothers handmade handkerchief in his pocket and he took a deep breath closing his eyes against the dancing spots in his vision but not before he had caught sight of Theo whose small smile and deep affectionate gaze was resting on him.

Custodi Spirandi CJ!

Custodi Spirandi!

Thankfully, Theo remained silent and the nervous assistant slowly opened his eyes. Blushing at his own display. He escaped to the kitchen with the excuse to make more tea to in order to hide the remains of his self-conscious blush. He brought the steaming mug back placing it in the coffee table from where the handkerchief was instantly snatched.

“Hheh’ektsschoo! K’tschoo! Hheh… Eh’kehtsschoo! Goodness, if only these delightful outburst would clear the headache and the dizziness I could actually be of some use.”

In an attempt to soothe his boss’s guilty mind and prevent him from venturing on more vertical quests (and consequentially keep CJ from unconsciously sharing his feelings) the assistant brought his laptop over and together they worked their way through the curator's opening speech. CJ was reading and typing, Theo was commenting and sneezing, adding the occasional praise at something CJ had written exceptionally well. Every time the shy assistant would blush and focus on his keyboard feeling the soft gaze of the curator's deep green eyes on him. After a while though, Theo was succumbing to the drowsiness of the medicine and his comments became les frequent. CJ almost believed him to be asleep when suddenly…

“They really are quite lovely.” Theo's voice had taken on a dreamlike and floaty quality mixed with the congested hoarseness from his cold. CJ followed the curator's tired gaze up to his painted cherubs directly over the couch. “Did you paint them?” Theo turned a curious look at him.

CJ shook his head. “No no. Uhm, Callum did. My uhm, my ex-boyfriend.” He added answering the curator's confused look. Theo nodded slowly rubbing his nose with his handkerchief looking back up at the ceiling.

“Do they mean anything?” He sniffled deeply. CJ glanced at his boss. Now that he was horizontal again his nose was stuffing up adding a heavily congested sound to his hoarse voice. The assistant had hoped that the medicine would have more effect on ridding the curator of his nasty cold, but Theo's cheeks were still fever flushed, his eyes still glossy behind his glasses and his attention seeking nose still red and chapped and highly sensitive. CJ shuddered to think how Theo would have looked if he had used tissues and not handkerchiefs. He shook it off and looked back up at the ceiling, pointing to one of the plump and golden haired angels.

“The… The one balancing on the stack of b-books tearing out the pages of “Hamlet” was probably Callum's way of t-telling me I read too much.” CJ chuckled nervously as he shrugged off the memory of a naked Callum coyly covering himself with the pages of one of Shakespeare's greatest works after that particular issue had been thoroughly discussed later in their relationship. The aftermath of the discussion, fight really, had left CJ a shivering and stammering mess on the floor while Callum in direct spite was hiding any traces of sensual desire under “something is rotten in the state of Denmark”. The memory wasn't exactly a favourite of his but the cherub also reminded him now much comfort his “stack of books” could provide when his nerves were giving him hell.

“That one with the laurel wreath.” He pointed to another cherub. “Is a reference to Julius Caesar.”

“Why Julius Caesar?” Theo politely inquired looking at CJ.

“Veni Vidi Vici.” CJ answered with a shrug, hoping that the famous quote would be self explanatory. He really didn't feel like going into details with his Latin words of encouragements. Green eyes were nearly bursting with curiosity as Theo smiled at him, but CJ appreciated the curator not pressing him for answers. Theo coughed harshly into his wrist pointing to the ceiling again.

“I understand the cherub in the ruff and silk hat with the feather.” He flashed a brilliant smile at CJ who smiled back. Of course Theo would recognise the Elizabethan styled angel. “That last one baffles me though.” Theo squinted his eyes focusing on the last of the cherubs. “Is it singing to the butterfly on its finger?” He looked questioningly at CJ.

CJ swallowed nervously. “It's uhm, it's b-breathing.” CJ took a deep breath wetting his dry lips.

Deep green eyes were brimming over with unvoiced questions but Theo remained silent. Their eyes met and CJ reached for the handkerchief in his pocket clutching it tight.

Custodi Spirandi!

He took another deep breath suddenly anxious to answer the questions in Theo's eyes, a pair of deep calm ponds, gazing softly at him wordlessly begging him to spill his secrets.

“D-Do uhm, d-do you see the t-tattoo across its chest?” Theo held his eyes even after CJ had pointed to the breathing cherub. The curator gazed at him for a second longer before refocusing on the angel, squinting his eyes behind his glasses.

“Yes.” He sniffled, bringing a finger up to rub at his nose.

CJ drew a deep breath to steady himself, bringing his handkerchief up to clutch it with both hands. “It s-says “Custodi Spirandi”, it's uhm, it's Latin f-for “keep breathing”.”

CJ looked down, balling his hands into fists around the handkerchief to keep them from shaking. “Its uhm, i-it's what I t-tell myself when I'm n-nervous and my s-stutter just sort of…” He trailed off making an exploding gesture with his hand the other still locked around the comforting cloth.

“Are you nervous now?” The question took CJ by surprise but Theo’s voice was calm and encouraging his eyes soft, almost understanding.

“Little b-bit.” He chuckled nervously again reaching for his handkerchief with both hands and started trailing his thumbs soothingly around the edges. “I've o-only t-told one Uhm, one other p-person about “Custodi Spirandi”,” he shot a nervous glance at the ceiling. “A-And he turned out to be a r-real jerk.” He looked down at his handkerchief balled up in his hands not sure if he regretted telling his boss. He let out a resolute sigh. “And now… Theodore James knows.” CJ swallowed nervously, not believing he was still in fact breathing.

Ave Caesar CJ! What have you gotten yourself Into?

Too self-conscious to meet Theo's eyes he kept his gaze downcast, watching his handkerchief weave in between and around his fingers. He heard Theo clear his throat, a gesture that sounded extremely uncomfortable.

“CJ I will not attempt to offer relationship advice, goodness knows I’m the last person you should, take such advice from. But I will tell you two things. Firstly. If this, Callum was it?” CJ nodded eyes closed. Theo cleared his throat again. “If Callum had any problems with you being the erudite person that I know you are, and by the Queen Antionette herself, if he had any problems with you dealing with…” He stopped himself and CJ looked up, shocked to see the tense set of his mouth and the way his chest heaved and fell heavily as if he was fighting anger. Theo closed his eyes briefly drawing a heavy breath before he continued, voice more of a strain than before. “Then he didn't deserve you.” CJ met his eyes but the curator’s face was unreadable. “Secondly,” CJ braced himself for whatever Theo could possibly have to tell him. “Yes, now Theodore James knows, but I will promise you this, he will never ever tell another soul and he will never hold it against you.”

CJ watched mesmerised as various emotions flickered across Theo's face. Anger, hurt, affection, concern and something like admiration all swimming in and out of Theo's eyes before his expression turned unreadable once more. CJ had no idea how to respond.

“Besides,” Theo continued, offering him a small smile. “ I was under the impression we'd established that I wasn't Theodore James, at least not in this state.” As if to prove his point Theo pulled his handkerchief up balling it around his nose.

“Eh’kitchoo! Eh’tschoo! O-ooh ble-ess… K’tschjuh!-uhh!”

CJ muttered a quiet blessing as Theo tended to his nose and removed the now wet and fully defrosted bag of peas from his forehead. Cherry coloured nose clean and with a fresh handkerchief in hand Theo turned a melancholy look at the cherubs.

“Do you know what Nathaniel’s biggest problem was?” CJ had wondered what had caused the breakup between his boss and upcoming designer Nathaniel Marc, but he'd never dare ask. “Well, second biggest problem.” Theo shot a swift glance at CJ. “He expected Theodore James at all times. At work, at home.” Theo's voice became a whisper. “At night.” He paused and CJ noticed a faint blush that most likely wasn't caused by the fever. “Which was fine most of the time, but every so often I just..” He trailed off shrugging.

“You just wanted to be Teddy.” The reference was clear in CJ's head but Theo coughed a laugh.

“Teddy?” Theo's face was one big smiling question mark.

“Little women?” CJ arched an eyebrow.

“Oh.” Theo scrunched up his face as if trying to remember. CJ giggled at the exaggerated amusing expression on the curator's face. He calmly explained the plot he was so familiar with.

“Theodore Lawrence was the rich boy next door, raised by his wealthy grandparents, preparing for Harvard. He often escaped his life to spend time with the March family who called him Laurie. But Jo March, his best friend called him Teddy. With her, he didn't have to be Theodore Lawrence, he could just be Teddy.”

“Teddy.” Theo tasted the word. “An obvious pet version of Theodore, and yet, I've never been called that.” The somber expression in the curator's face made CJ's heart ache with sympathy. “ It was always Theodore, or Theo. Well, Theodore Antonius James if I'd done something naughty,” he winked at CJ who giggled, a blush warming his face. “But never Teddy.” He finished looking quite gloomy with his droopy eyes, his red nose and flushed cheeks.

CJ processed Theo’s words. From what he knew of Theo’s family and their business he doubted Theo's childhood held many cosy family-valued memories. Pet names didn't really seem like something the James’s would have had time to squeeze in between worldwide business trips. In Theo's face CJ recognised a longing to be anything but what the world had judged him to be, and Theo was right. The man on the couch wasn't Theodore James, it was his friend Teddy who had abandoned his busy life for a secret hideout because he obviously wasn't feeling very well and had no other place to go. The quickstep in his heart turned to a sorrowful waltz, Theo's miserable sniffles adding a mournful beat to it.

CJ hid a a melancholy smile behind his hand as Theo tried and failed to stifle a yawn. “Pray forgive my gloomy tales, CJ, how far are we with that speech?” CJ looked at the curator's exhausted and red rimmed eyes igniting to remain open behind his glasses and then glanced at the document on the screen showing 4/8 pages read.

“All done.” He lied, closing the laptop with a smile. Theo looked pleased and ready to fall asleep already sinking deeper into his mountain of pillows. CJ pulled the comforter up to Theo's chin and got up collecting all the scattered and used handkerchiefs for washing.

He was hanging the last to dry as a small whimper caught his attention.

“Theo?” He whispered, coming back into the living room. The curator was still sound asleep but had apparently believed he'd be more comfortable with his feet dangling off the armrest and with only a single pillow resting under his head close to where CJ had sat. Feeling the need to stay close by in case his patient had another late night fever dream CJ picked up his laptop again and sat down next to where Theo's head was resting. He reopened the document they'd been working on, scrolling through the last pages trying to glue the final pieces together.

Theo shifted beside him tossing his head first to the left, then the right. His breathing became erratic and he let out small distressed murmurs. Holding his breath CJ lowered his hand to place his palm against Theo's forehead immediately feeling the hot and sweaty skin. Under his touch Theo's head shifted and nuzzled into his palm. Not daring to move a muscle CJ watched spellbound as Theo's head moved forward making the assistant’s dead still hand move along the soft, long, black locks and back again.

Fuelled by affection and driven by the desire to actually provide some form of physical comfort CJ brought his now shivering hand back to Theo's forehead, positioning the tips of his fingers against his hair line and delicately, as if Theo's head would break like glass under razor sharp knives the assistant ran his fingers through Theo's fever damp hair pausing at the neck only to pull them out and repeat the gesture.

Theo sniffled a couple of times, coughed into his comforter and then fell silent, eyes closed and with his handkerchief curled into a ball in his hand under his nose. After a few minutes of deep, steady yet very congested breathing CJ believed him to be fully asleep again. He kept his fingers running smoothly over Theo's scalp angling to circle his temple and his forehead.

As he pulled back after having nuzzled the base of Theo's neck through the mass of thick hair he became suddenly aware that Theo's eyes were open, watchfull, insecure.

CJ blushed beet red, immediately embarrassed at being caught in the act and pulled both hand and eyes from Theo. His hand went straight to his pocket, grasping the soft cloth of his handkerchief as his mind sought the quickest escape from embarrassment; black out, shivery retreat, or simply jump out the window.

Custodi Spirandi!

Deep breaths CJ! Oh Caesar, just kill me now!

Ave, Imperator, morituri te salutant!

“Thank you.” The softness in Theo’s voice somehow broke through CJ’s shivering defences. It made him raise his head, meeting the curator's eyes. “CJ, you are a divine nurse, but surely you have better things to attend to, like… Sleep, than my woe.” He gave a weak smile. “I'm sure I've done nothing to deserve such sweet gestures, delightful though they were.”

“Don't say that Theodore.” The patient raised an eyebrow. “Theo.” CJ corrected with a small smile. The curator returned a weak nod before his eyes fluttered shut again. “Teddy.” CJ corrected himself again with no more sound than a breath. He brought his hand up to once more let his fingers run through the curator's hair in a comforting manner, chasing off fever illusions before they could form.

Reaching the base of his neck with his fingertips Theo's eyes opened again.

“You baffle me, CJ.”

“Why?” CJ heard the distant sound of his own voice, dream like and floaty. Was he even in control of his own body anymore?

“Sometimes I almost believe that you-“ A shadow crossed his face darkening his expression. He frowned as if he remembered something particularly unpleasant. “Pray forgive.” He exhaled, eyes fluttering shut again. “Thank you.”

TBC…

Juto...I cant even BEGIN to describe how awesome this chapter was!!! Given my love of character interactions these was like Christmas, New Years and my birthday all rolled into one giant 10 tier cake!! I ADORE Little Women and CJ's analogy to Theo being "Teddy" and hiding was just perfect PERFECT!! :heart::yes:

Theo once again started his guilt rant about CJ, his noble saviour, doing all his work whilst he lay desolation feeling unworthy of the title ‘curator’.

Poor Theo :( Don't worry cutierator we all still love you!

“Little b-bit.” He chuckled nervously again reaching for his handkerchief with both hands and started trailing his thumbs soothingly around the edges. “I've o-only t-told one Uhm, one other p-person about “Custodi Spirandi”,” he shot a nervous glance at the ceiling. “A-And he turned out to be a r-real jerk.” He looked down at his handkerchief balled up in his hands not sure if he regretted telling his boss. He let out a resolute sigh. “And now… Theodore James knows.” CJ swallowed nervously, not believing he was still in fact breathing.

“Secondly,” CJ braced himself for whatever Theo could possibly have to tell him. “Yes, now Theodore James knows, but I will promise you this, he will never ever tell another soul and he will never hold it against you.”

My fangirling on skype aside I cannot put into words how much I adored this entire part, from the CJ explaining the angels and Callum to being all nervous knowing that Theo knows his secret but Theo's reaction....save me Marie, I almost teared up. (plus throw in my adoration for when characters refer to themselves in 3rd person... :D )

“Teddy.” Theo tasted the word. “An obvious pet version of Theodore, and yet, I've never been called that.” The somber expression in the curator's face made CJ's heart ache with sympathy. “ It was always Theodore, or Theo. Well, Theodore Antonius James if I'd done something naughty,” he winked at CJ who giggled, a blush warming his face. “But never Teddy.” He finished looking quite gloomy with his droopy eyes, his red nose and flushed cheeks.

Oh dear me *fans self* that full name. Plus throw in fetishy goodness :heart:

He kept his fingers running smoothly over Theo's scalp angling to circle his temple and his forehead.
As he pulled back after having nuzzled the base of Theo's neck through the mass of thick hair he became suddenly aware that Theo's eyes were open, watchfull, insecure.

DEAD! DEAD JUTO YOUVE KILLED ME!!! He was awake!!! AHHHHHHHHHH NEED AIR FESSOR GIVE ME YOUR INHALER!! GOD I totally wasnt expecting him to actually be awake during it!!!

“Sometimes I almost believe that you-“

HE DOES THEODORE ANTONIUS HE DOES!!! :wubsmiley:

*ahem* Well that was delightful as always :whistle: Looking forward to the next part!!!

I know I've already told you this, but this is truly a masterpiece Juto! Poor CJ and poor Theo and ahhhh I just need them to love each other! (I know they do, but I need them to say it out loud!)

“Sometimes I almost believe that you-“ A shadow crossed his face darkening his expression. He frowned as if he remembered something particularly unpleasant. “Pray forgive.” He exhaled, eyes fluttering shut again. “Thank you.”

Ohhhh my god the romantic tension!

I love all the romantic tension you are building up between these two. But I have to admit this little moment is what really caught my attention. Such a lovely moment of companionship (with sneezing). Can you imagine a bit of artwork of this moment?

In an attempt to soothe his boss’s guilty mind and prevent him from venturing on more vertical quests (and consequentially keep CJ from unconsciously sharing his feelings) the assistant brought his laptop over and together they worked their way through the curator's opening speech. CJ was reading and typing, Theo was commenting and sneezing, adding the occasional praise at something CJ had written exceptionally well.

"Teddy" is just adorable! I love it. Tell me you have a some equally cute nickname planned for CJ. :D

And I don't know how Theo hasn't figured out CJ loves him. The man keeps washing Theo's used hankies. For God's sake, that is love! :2lovers:

Awww! So much love! These two are Adorable! They need to love each other! They are perfect! I love all the literary content. And Teddy! Too sweet! I love this so much!

Archived