Sneeze Fetish Forum

What would Marie Antoinette do? (Secret Santa for Kaze wo hiku) 13 parts + Epilogue :)

Juto

StaraiRoalanstjay
Just now, kaze wo hiku said:

Pffft Nathaniel has NOTHING on Evtree XD He's just psycho.

This may be true, but Nathaniel is obviously far more intelligent and flamboyant than Evtre. I genuinely didn't expect him to resort to violence as a result of that.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CJ who he sees as nothing more then a mere peasant owned him so I don't think he was in his right mind at the moment. Plus it leads to lovely care taking on Theo's part :heart:

But yeah under normal circumstances I doubt Nathaniel would let anyone get the better of him.

Agreed with Kaze, he's probably used to being treated with respect bordering on slavishness, I bet CJ, with his stutter and plain clothing, standing up to him threw him for a real loop! I mean, if you've never heard a bad word against you before, and suddenly this guy you regard as your inferior in every way brushes you off, wouldn't you get pissed?

Brilliant! Nathaniel is so, vibrantly evil. It drips off of him with your words. And Go CJ! Way to Be!

Nathaniel envisioned CJ as a peasant when instead he truly shined like the knight he is!!! Brilliant installment! I adore your writing abilities and look forward to reading the next segment!!! 

Alright - I'm very VERY late on catching up here but WOW what a ride! I really love that story, Juto, every line, every word of it. And sorry - I LOVE Nathaniel! I know, this story will come to an end soon. And of course, I want to see Theo and Copernicus happy and everything. But - Nathaniel is a much too interesting character for only such a short appearance! (And to be honest - I was curious from the moment on when Theo said Nate had been the first who had been sick. *lol*)

Falls to ground blinking and holding up brownies in zombie mode. Beautiful

Ah, Juto, what did I tell you? *pats Juto's hand and gestures at the adoring comments*

BTW, you know we come for the sneezing, but stay for the story, right? :) Can't wait to read more! 

@Kaze If Juto will permit, I will take a small amount of credit for suggesting the curtain rod euphemism. Terrible, isn't it? :razz:

• 3 weeks later...

'Ello darlings :) this will just be for comments but I plan to upload the next chapter later today. (Here's hoping my parent's wi-fi works ;) )

@Kaze wo Hiku Thank you for your endless support. (Heart) Needless to say that without you Teddycus would most likely never have seen the light of day :P I bow before you, Empress...

@SpamKey THANK YOU SPAMKEY :hug: your support and encouragement means the world to me :heart: 

@StaraiRoalanstjay Hahahaha they provide JUST the necessary amount of angst for the fluff to be even better :P oh and I agree with @Kaze wo Hiku, now that I have read your piece, yes, Nathaniel is a wish-granting fairy compared to Evtre and his psycho ways. 

As for the way Nathaniel acted, he's normally the very epitome of poise and composure, but he's also used to flattery and a round of appreciative giggles for his way of phrasing insults. All that was lost on poor CJ who is no more than a simple peasant in Nathaniel's eyes, and since neither power, fame nor phrasing could make Nathaniel win over CJ he snapped. 

@AngelEyes thanks for your support, dear :hug:

@Mysterion0325 STAHP, you're making me blush :blush: But thank you so much. I'm glad you like it. 

@hedgehog Thank you so much for the support Hedgie, I'm glad you caught up :P again, thank you for all the private comments I received as you read the chapters, it was amazing!! Thank you. I do plan to start an OC Drabble thread and the "break-up dinner" featuring sick Nathaniel and love distracted Theo is on my list :P stay tuned...

@Artemis aww thank you, dear. Yum yum...

@Seeking Clarity + Wisdom Huuuuuuuuge thank you for all your wonderful support. I couldn't have done this without you. And yes, thanks again for that glorious "dress the curtain rod" euphemism, it was perfect :heart: 

As promised...

Chapter 12 – Cor ad cor loquitur

Darkness

Pain

CJ wasn't quite sure what had happened, only that his eyes were closed and that people were muttering nearby. He tried to open his eyes but felt a searing pain almost numbing the right side of his face. He moaned. 

Chilled and slightly shaky fingers petted his hair and squeezed the hand on his chest. “Dear Marie, this is all my fault. How could I have let this happen?” The voice was hoarse, strained and its melancholy sound tore at CJ's heart. 

He flinched as something ice cold was gently pressed against his sore side, his breath hissed between his teeth.

“Oh, pray forgive me.” 

CJ slowly opened his eyes, squinting in the dimly lit room. As far as he could tell, he was lying on the small couch in Theo's office and judging by what he'd heard so far, Theo was there too. CJ blinked several times as a blurry face swam into view. 

“Oh goodness, you're awake. A moment.” CJ heard a small scramble and felt his glasses being placed on his nose. “They didn't sustain any damage, Queen be praised.” Theo's face, still sporting signs of his terrible cold yet smiling tenderly, came into focus. CJ swallowed.

“Th-Theo I-I-I…” CJ had no idea what he was about to say. Images of Nathaniel, Alice, Queen Elizabeth… Argh! It was all a jumble in his head. Wait! Did Nathaniel hit him? Was that why he was laying here? Where was the fashionista now? He refocused on Theo. 

The curator was patiently smiling at him and, CJ realised, still holding his hand. CJ immediately tensed, face flushing despite the coolness still pressed against the side of it. He noticed Theo’s smile widen which only intensified his blush. 

He was about to build up the courage to ask… Well, he didn't even know what his first question would be, but he was pulled from his trail of thought as Theo abruptly turned to the side, pulling his hand from CJ’s and brought it to his face.

“Ehk’tschoo! K’tscheww! Eh… Ehk’etscheww!” CJ watched the curator reach for a tissue from the box on his desk, softly blowing his nose before turning back towards him with an apologetic smile. “Pray forgive me, this sniffle is persistent.” He moved closer reaching out to put his hand back on CJ’s, but before he could a puzzled look shot across his face and he swiftly reached for another tissue before turning away once again. 

“Ehkt’sscheww! O-oh… T’scheww! Ahh, dear Marie, such relief.” 

Despite his cheery note he rubbed his brow as if in pain, his hand shaking slightly. Worry shot up in CJ. He wasn't sure the curator should be out of bed yet, let alone here at the museum. As Theo turned back to reposition the ice pack he had let slip during the small fit CJ brought his hand up to feel Theo’s forehead, surprising himself at his lack of hesitation. Theo still felt fever warm but not dangerously so. Still. Another day in bed would be preferable. To his surprise, Theo chuckled at his gesture. 

“CJ, my befuddled assistant, how can you even think to worry about me when you…” His face turned grave and he looked away, shaking his head slowly from side to side. “Pray forgive me CJ, I never meant for any of this to happen. If only I'd been honest with you, maybe-“

Both men turned their heads as they heard a small knock on the door. Alice swiftly manoeuvred inside, closing the door behind her, but not before CJ had heard a bustle of movement from the other side. His mind brought back the argument with Nathaniel and the coworkers who'd been listening by the door. His head started to spin uncomfortably but he tried to focus on Alice, ignoring the growing shiver he felt ignite in his body. 

“Theo you should leave before the press gets wind of what's happened.” Alice moved a little closer to the couch, speaking in hushed tones. “I'll take care of whatever needs to be done here, you two just… Skedaddle.” She made her fingers run like little feet through the air. Theo nodded knowingly before turning back to CJ, smiling through a sigh. However, his smile faded and his face lined with concern as he took in CJ’s frightened and confused expression. 

“Goodness me, you're shaking.” CJ could do nothing but stare as Theo pulled off his coat, revealing the amber pyjamas he was still wearing underneath it as he draped his coat over CJ's shivering body. “CJ, my dear, close your eyes.” CJ obeyed. At least it made the black spots obstructing his vision disappear. His head felt like it was spinning out of control, he wasn't really sure he was still lying down. He squeezed his eyes shut, distancing himself from his shaky nerves, Nathaniel’s words, Alice’s stunned expression, his lurking coworkers.. Uhh, the horror. 

Theo's hand was suddenly back in his, the other still pressing the cool pack against his temple. “Custodi Spirandi.” Somehow, Theo’s calm and patient voice broke through the roar in his head. CJ's mind grabbed onto it and he forced his lungs to comply as the curator repeated his mantra. 

After a few minutes, CJ felt his body slowly relax. He opened his eyes to see Theo gazing tenderly down at him, his eyes deep, green ponds. “There now, CJ my dear. All better?” Embarrassed, blushing beyond the borders of crimson CJ nodded. “Spectacular.” The curator ran his thumb across CJ’s cheek, ice cold against his warm skin, his lips curling up in a smile before his features turned somber. “Not to rush you, CJ dear, but we really ought to leave. Can you stand?”

With a bit of support and a stronger body to lean against, CJ managed a standing position, flinching slightly at his throbbing head. Theo, now back in his coat, trashed the ice pack and snaked both his arms around CJ's waist. The assistant tensed for a moment but relaxed as Theo supporting his weight made standing a lot less difficult. 

“Seeing that I'm still in my pyjamas and you're being anything but invisibly with that lovely pink and purplish colour around your eye, I would suggest the back door...?” Theo raised his eyebrows and kept his arms around CJ as they made for the door in the back of the office out to a waiting cab. 

During the ride home, CJ’s mind was coming back to him. The phone call, Nathaniel confronting him about Theo and…. Something else? He hadn't quite been able to work out all the details yet. 

Most of the morning’s events were clear again, and yet, CJ had a hard time connecting what Theo had told Alice about him to what Theo was currently expressing. He looked down. Theo's arm was still around him, holding him tight in the back of the car, his thumb drawing soothing patterns on the back of CJ's hand. 

Their eyes met and CJ quickly looked away, blushing at the warmth in Theo’s gaze. Where was the connection? More confused than reassured, he discarded the mental investigation for now and simply enjoyed being held by Theo… His Teddy.
Suddenly, the reason why he'd gone to the museum in the first place hit him. His resignation. He never got to do anything about it before Nathaniel showed up. He sat up, cringing as the pain from his bruised eye shot through his head.

“Theo I-I, uhm, ow!”

“CJ dear, relax for now.” CJ's heart almost stopped when Theo silenced his response with a kiss to his pain-free temple. “We'll have a heart to heart when we get back to your apartment and I'll start by begging your forgiveness.”

~ ~ ~ 

“There now. Tea makes everything better.” CJ hesitantly accepted the steaming mug from the curator, bringing it to his lips. He winced as Theo’s warmed fingers gently brushed his bruised area and a look of complete anguish travelled across the curator’s  face. Theo seated himself at the opposite end of the couch, eyes nervously darting around CJ’s small living room. To CJ's discontent, Theo made no attempt to move closer to him, to hold him again like he had in the car. He sighed. It really was time for a heart to heart and by the looks of it, it couldn't be good. 

Fuelled by a sudden urge to explain himself CJ held up his hand just as Theo drew a deep breath to start. “I love my job!” He nodded feverishly. “E-Even though I n-n-never deserved it, even though I n-never f-fully understood why I was offered it… I…I…” Please don't let me go. “I love it!”

Theo regarded him patiently, deep in thought. He took a deep breath. “CJ, I really think I should start by explaining why I-“

“Please don't fire me!” Until the words were out of his mouth he hadn't realised how deeply he'd wanted to keep his job, keep Theo, even if it was just for a little while longer until Theodore James took over the fashion industry, hand in hand with the famous Nathaniel Marc. CJ shivered as a snippet of his confrontation with Nathaniel returned. He shook it off. “I-I'll do b-better, I-I-I'll work longer hours, I…” He hid his face in his hands, appalled by his pathetic begging. “P-please Theo.”

“CJ, my dear.” Theo scooted a bit closer, still keeping a wary distance between them. “You've been the perfect balance to keep my floaty head out of the clouds, you've undertaking every task with spirit and professionalism, and you've helped me accomplish so much, why would I ever want to let you go?”

“What? B-b-but… I…I… The… The… Alice.” CJ's mind was in a state of panicked confusion, replaying bits of the phone conversation in his head. 

If that's the case then I'll have no choice but to let him go.

That was what Theo had said. How else could it be interpreted?

“It was you in the hall, wasn't it?” CJ froze. “You overheard me talking to Alice.” CJ felt his cheeks warm and as ever cursed his nerves for forcing him to silence. He kept his eyes on Theo, surprised to see the older man still smiling warmly at him, obviously deducing CJ's thoughts. “Then your bravery exceeds all, my dear CJ. I think we can safely agree that you have gone above and beyond your assistant duties at this point. Why stand up to my former partner if you were under the impression I was letting you go? I know you well enough to know that if you truly hated me, you would not have defended me the way you did.”

“I never hated you.” The words slipped past his lips just as his body moved forward to touch Theo’s arm, without his brain having any say in the matter. He pulled back, blushing a deep shade of red.

The smile that spread across Theo’s face made the nervous assistance’s chest warm and tingly. He could feel his breathing becoming faster, heart rate quick stepping away. Theo nodded, his smile spreading even further. “After your little encounter with Nathaniel today, I…” Theo's eyes darted away. He looked nervous to CJ. Green eyes, insecure in ways CJ had only ever seen this weekend, once again locked on his own brown eyes. “… I've dared myself to hope.”

CJ shook his head, ignorance finally getting his nerves under control. “Theo I-I don't understand!” He spoke through clenched teeth and closed his eyes as pain shot through the side of his face as he tensed. 

“Oh dear, oh dear.” He heard Theo tut motherly from the other end of the couch before getting up, returning moments later placing a towel wrapped bag of frozen something against his bruise as his free hand came up to support the other side of CJ's face. CJ leaned into the cold touch feeling the pain diminish. Theo's thumb brushed his temple tenderly and CJ's eyes sprang open, startled by the sudden proximity of the deep green eyes he found so calming.

Theo sighed a smile. “Will you please allow me to explain?” There was that thumb brush again. Despite the coolness CJ knew his face was burning hot. Theo didn't seem the least bit disturbed by it, quite the contrary in fact. CJ noticed how the curators lips turned up into a shy smile before he frowned again, taking a deep breath. 

“CJ after what happened… After you'd left I was beside myself. I wasn't sure what state of wretchedness I'd left you in, I didn't know what to do…I… I should have gone after you, but I wasn't sure you'd want me to.” Theo's eyes filled with tears but he quickly blinked them away. “But then Alice called me and told me you were at the museum and I panicked. I knew there was a possibility Nathaniel would be looking for you there and I-“

“What?” CJ jerked, feeling his head start to spin “Why would Nathaniel be looking f-for me? W-wha-what did I do?”

“Nothing, nothing, my dear CJ. It was all me.” Theo looked up, sighing in nervous exasperation. “Sweet Marie, how to tell you…” His eyes sought CJ's again as he ran a hand through the length of his dark locks before resting it against CJ's face again. “CJ, the day you brought me home with you I…” He looked away again, scolding himself. “No no no, Theodore Antonius, start at the beginning.” He gave CJ an apologetic smile as he wiped his hand on his thigh. “Sweet Marie, CJ, those mocha eyes,  you're making me quite flustered.”

What

CJ found he couldn't look away. 

Wait, mocha? Uhh… What?

Theo sniffled delicately, rubbing at his nose before starting over with a timid smile. 

“CJ, Nathaniel and I are, were!” He corrected himself with a frown. “Were what you might call an arranged alliance, though not in the full sense of the word, I'll explain. We met through mutual acquaintances and romance blossomed. Our parents where over the moon. They saw a wonderful chance to not only financially bring together the houses of James and Marc but to emotionally tie the family businesses together.” He shook his head. “Pray forgive me, I'll spare you the details. The point is, I was at a really low place in my life and couldn't face being on my own. Nathaniel, with his flamboyant ways and constant focus was a wonderful distraction from the death of my beloved grandfather, and I won't deny that a small part of me genuinely loved him… but...” He raised his eyes to CJ who were surprised to find them wet and smiling. “ … Whenever I get back to the museum..”,” His look turned tender, his lips drawing up in a smile. “… And I see you?”

“M-ME?” CJ nearly choked on the word. Theo's eyes sparkled and a warm colour unconnected to the remnants of fever crept slowly into his face. 

“Those beautiful mocha eyes I couldn't escape even in my corners of despair. Those beautiful eyes that never judged.” He sighed a smile once more letting his thumb caress CJ's face. “I remember that shy night guard who saw right through my act, whose kind smile gave me hope. I have only accomplished what I have because those eyes, that comforting smile and the incredibly talented man that came with them has been by my side these past two years”

Speechless, not believing what he was hearing CJ remained silent, willing his lungs to keep taking in air, which oddly enough, they did. He should be shaking with nervous tension now, why wasn't he?

“I didn't know if you'd welcome me trying to court you or if you were even interested at all so I did what I could to try to win your affection.”

He rushed through the words before turning away from CJ, pulling his elbow up to cover his mouth.

“Ihk’tschoo! Keh’etscheww! Ehh… T’scheww! Dear Marie, what a time to be interrupted.” He scolded himself. 

CJ frowned, too stunned to even consider searching for a handkerchief. Theo turned back to look at him, eyes a bit watery and nose a bit redder than before.

“Th-Theo I…I d-don't… I…. What?” It was only then that CJ became aware that his own hand had found its way into the curators hair, slowly running it between his fingers. Gosh, it was just as soft as he remembered. He pulled his hand away with a jerk. Theo let out a warm chuckle before reaching for the hand CJ was now attempting to sit on, placing a soft kiss on its back before guiding it back up towards his hair. CJ held his breath, fearing he would jerk awake from this dream any minute. His fingers touched hair again and the content sigh that escaped the curator at his touch nearly sent CJ to heaven. Theodore James relished his touch…. Theo, no wait! 
Brown eyes searched green as CJ's fingertips trailed down through the curators hair, to the base of his neck before repeating the action. Wonder, tenderness and affection shone out from deep green ponds. This wasn’t Theodore James. It wasn't even Theo, CJ realised… This, this was Teddy. His Teddy. 

“How can you possibly be this ignorant of your own charm, CJ my befuddled scholar.” Theo was smiling at him again. CJ was sure his heart was halfway out of his chest. “Surely you must know. You must know it was all for you.” Theo searched his eyes for something, waiting patiently for CJ to answer, but CJ was all too aware of his own puzzled expression, too bewildered to say anything. “The Elizabethan exhibition; your favourite era? The coronation; the focal point of your upcoming dissertation? Your application ended up on my desk with the outgoing mail, I… I wanted to give you your best chances.” 

CJ merely stared as Theo answered one of the many still not completely defined questions in his head. His mind was slowly processing Theo's words.

Wait!... Court? COURT? His hand dropped from Theo's hair causing the curators face to fall into confusion and anguish. 

“But the… The ph-phone call… Y-you said I'd…” CJ paused, trying to recall what exactly Theo had said to Alice. 

Alice my dear, you wouldn't believe what I have had to endure these past few days, it's a wonder I've been able to keep a straight face.

This continuous attention even after I tried to repudiate his offer.

“Y-you said I-I-I was ruining it, that… That y-yo-you had n-no choice but t-to l-let me go.” All the tension and confusion CJ had kept bottled up since overhearing the conversation was now leaving wet trails down his cheeks. The careful distance Theo had kept between them on the couch was gone in a heartbeat, the cold wrap dropped on the floor. Theo paused for a split second, warily searching CJ's eyes before he snaked an arm around him. Careful not to touch his bruised face CJ allowed Theo to pull him against his body.

“CJ, my dear, sweet, selfless darling.” Theo was squeezing his shoulder as he cooed to him. “Oh dear Marie, it all makes sense now.” He pulled back slightly to look CJ in the eyes. “CJ, Nathaniel was the one who'd been trying to sabotage the exhibition, all out of spite. Late that night after  our horrid breakup he went back to the museum, mildly intoxicated, and broke a window, though I don't believe he knew that's where I'd gone. The night of out date, dinner!” He hastily corrected himself, blushing. “Dinner, he called me, begged me to come home with him. He was furious. I had a feeling he would try to contact you, so I stayed at the museum to watch over you, afraid to let you out of my sight. The museum vaults seemed the best possible place to stay close to you and keep my reputation intact. Even while I was in your care he'd text me, email me, try to call me, the attention was nerve wracking, I…I didn't want you to know, to worry, so I kept my phone shut, letting Alice take the reigns. I'd told her where to find me in case she needed to, and dear Marie that woman has proved her worth. She knew Nathaniel had been in contact with me and that he might be coming to the museum in search of you, thank goodness she called me after you arrived. I was already on my way when Nathaniel answered my call.”

“B-but…” The pieces were beginning to fit together in CJ's head. Nathaniel had been trying to sabotage Theo. Theo wasn't going to fire him. And…something about “courting”…? “S-so, Nathaniel Marc, y-your former partner but future business associate doesn't like m-me… Uhm, why would Nathaniel come looking for m-me?”

Theo's eyes sparkled as the curator turned a bemused expression at him, giving him a small chuckle. “CJ my befuddled nurse, I'm surprised at you. Oh dear, and here I thought I'd been so painfully indescreet.” He said more to himself than CJ, giving a small shake of his head. “CJ, Nathaniel and I went our separate ways because he discovered I was in love with someone else.” The curator blushed as his eyes found CJ's once more. “By Antionette, I've tried to alert you of my feelings the entire weekend, wishing you wouldn't feel repulsed by them, hoping you would hold just an ounce of the regard for me that I hold for you. With every action that somewhat confirmed your emotions came an incident that utterly disproved them and when you left after I'd said your name I thought all hope was lost.” He smiled a sigh. CJ could barely breathe, his heart was racing in his chest. “Dear Marie, even the idea of having to let you go because you-“

CJ wasn’t really sure why the curator had stopped speaking, nor exactly when his chest had ignited the fire that now cursed through him… 

… Until he opened his eyes. 

TBC…

FIRST OF ALL HOW DARE YOU PUT THIS MUCH HNNNNNGGGG INTO ONE CHAPTER!!! :heart:

Seriously I do not even KNOW where to begin....

30 minutes ago, Juto of Fluff said:

The curator was patiently smiling at him and, CJ realised, still holding his hand. CJ immediately tensed, face flushing despite the coolness still pressed against the side of it. He noticed Theo’s smile widen which only intensified his blush. 

SO FRAKING CUTE!!  Oh my god seriously, these two just kill me...

32 minutes ago, Juto of Fluff said:

“Goodness me, you're shaking.” CJ could do nothing but stare as Theo pulled off his coat, revealing the amber pyjamas he was still wearing underneath it as he draped his coat over CJ's shivering body. “CJ, my dear, close your eyes.” CJ obeyed

D'awwwww Teddy :heart:

32 minutes ago, Juto of Fluff said:

He raised his eyes to CJ who were surprised to find them wet and smiling. “ … Whenever I get back to the museum..”,” His look turned tender, his lips drawing up in a smile. “… And I see you?”

BOOM!!  Check please, I'm done :D

If I could quote the entire ending with his explanation of Nathaniel I would but god it's just so heartbreaking and wonderful and lovely :heart:  Nathaniel is such a little bitch for everything he's done to poor Theo and all the while Theo just pined for CJ....EEEEEEEE *fangirling*

Again you've gone above and beyond, I'm running out of praise and sadly can't be like Gabriel and just switch to French :lol:  I love this so much Juto :heart:

What the. You did not do that take it back take it back or I'll hold you at wet noodle point. It was so cute if that wast real I will actually cry. Why would you do that to me? Love the characters. Very believable. 

Awesome update! So full adorable moments I can't possibly enumerate them. It looks like Theo and CJ are on their way to a beautiful relationship.

:love:

*sigh*

This is so beautiful! Finally, getting on the same page! So sweet! 

11 hours ago, Juto of Fluff said:

Theo's hand was suddenly back in his, the other still pressing the cool pack against his temple. “Custodi Spirandi.” Somehow, Theo’s calm and patient voice broke through the roar in his head. CJ's mind grabbed onto it and he forced his lungs to comply as the curator repeated his mantra. 

Awwww!!!!!

Juto. Girl. I must have this. And also its sequel in which CJ is adorably ill. I must swallow them whole. 

So is this retaliation for "Define 'Okay'"? Because I'm definitely dead now, just fyi :rofl:

Hoooooly flippin crap JUTO :cryhappy: I spent the entirety of this part in a constant state of squealing inhumanly while bouncing up and down in my chair :lol: Theo and CJ and cuddling and sweetness and OMFG I CAN'T HANDLE IT!!!!

On 3/15/2016 at 6:26 AM, Juto of Fluff said:

“Y-you said I-I-I was ruining it, that… That y-yo-you had n-no choice but t-to l-let me go.” All the tension and confusion CJ had kept bottled up since overhearing the conversation was now leaving wet trails down his cheeks. The careful distance Theo had kept between them on the couch was gone in a heartbeat, the cold wrap dropped on the floor. Theo paused for a split second, warily searching CJ's eyes before he snaked an arm around him. Careful not to touch his bruised face CJ allowed Theo to pull him against his body.

YOU MADE HIM CRY!!!!!!! And you made them finally hug it out but YOU MADE HIM CRY!!!!!!!

On 3/15/2016 at 6:26 AM, Juto of Fluff said:

CJ wasn’t really sure why the curator had stopped speaking, nor exactly when his chest had ignited the fire that now cursed through him… 

… Until he opened his eyes. 

You and your dang cliffhangers!!!!! *grumpy grumbling* AWwhwhh I cannot handle these two they are too adorable and I can't! You're too amazing for words Juto! :notworthy:

StaraiRoalanstjay

I think my heart just exploded...

Also, Nathaniel is an arse. Literally. I don't even know what to say, I mean first he punches poor CJ and knocks him out cold and then we find out that he's a controlling, violent manipulative drunk as well. 

Also again, I'm slightly scared about that cliffhanger, I have to say... 

That's an amazing new chapter, Juto. Very nice caretaking by a still feverish Theo in his pyjama. :lol: Too sweet! Good, they finally talked and interesting to learn that Theo was courting CJ because I had no idea. ^^

What does this strange end mean? Did CJ lose his consciousness for some time?

21 hours ago, StaraiRoalanstjay said:

Also again, I'm slightly scared about that cliffhanger, I have to say... 

I have a theory Juto is silently getting me back for all the cliffhangers in MC :lol:

StaraiRoalanstjay
51 minutes ago, Seeking Clarity + Wisdom said:

@StaraiRoalanstjay don't be afraid of the cliffhanger! This Juto and she only believes in happy endings. ❤️

Thank the giddy aunts of God for that, as a great man once said. 

StaraiRoalanstjay
46 minutes ago, Kaze wo Hiku said:

I have a theory Juto is silently getting me back for all the cliffhangers in MC :lol:

I can totally get behind this theory :D 

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you so much to everyone who reads, and especially everyone who comments :D I'll reply properly some other day, but for now, here's the final chapter (with a small epilogue in production).

Enjoy :heart: 

Chapter 13 – Dulcissime, totam tibi subdo me.

CJ was vaguely aware that something had silenced the curator, but he wasn't entirely sure what. Most of his focus was turned towards his chest which suddenly burned with a strange and all consuming fire that seemed to spread through him with each heartbeat. He tried to get a grasp on the situation but noticed to his own surprise that his eyes were closed. 

Had he closed them? Was he sleeping? He felt his mouth move, but no sound was heard. Strange. 

Slowly, he opened his eyes.

Lips on lips, fingers tangled firmly in Theo's hair, the shy assistant found himself unable to breathe, (but pretty certain he preferred this kind of euphoria to oxygen anyway). He would later deny all notions that he should have initiated the sweet encounter, but for now, he let his eyes fall shut, feeling Theo's arms keep him in place. It wasn't until he heard a soft, appreciative hum from Theo that his mind caught up with his actions. Struck by sudden horror he pulled away, lungs burning from lack of oxygen, head spinning, eyes seeing double. 

Ave Caesar. Ave Imperator, morituri te salutant.

His mind frantically searched for the quickest escape from embarrassment. Without having decided between the door or the window he jerked away. Or tried to; Theo's arms had formed a tight ring around him, locked together, keeping the now nervously shivering assistant in place. 

“Custodi Spirandi, CJ dear.” CJ was surprised to hear his mantra spoken in Theo's soft and hoarse voice. His Teddy was still holding him tight, softly stroking his back as he fought to keep himself in place and not fight free to jump out the window. “Breathe, just breathe. Don't listen to your nerves. Don't leave because your mind doesn't know what else to do. Custodi Spirandi, for me, please. Stay. Stay right here where I can hold you.”

Forcing in huge gulps of air, coughing as he almost felt his lungs expand beyond their limit, CJ willed his body to listen to the calmness in Theo's voice. He relaxed as his mind slowly came to the realisation that Theo wasn't on a path to mock him, ridicule him or otherwise trigger his nervous disposition. The strong arms that held him in place genuinely wanted him there. He couldn't look at Theo, not yet. His eyes still darted to the door, the window, even the kitchen door to the basement, but he stayed put, forcing in every intake of breath and pressing out every exhale. 

“CJ my dear, relax.” CJ held his breath as Theo timidly moved his lips to touch his temple, pausing in the last second before the actual contact. Could it be Theo was asking permission to touch him?  CJ wasn't sure he had the emotional capacity to give a proper response at this very moment, but luckily, the curator took his silence as a ‘yes’ and CJ felt the softness of Theo's lips touch his temple, his hair, even his neck. 
He turned his head slowly, finding Theo's eyes. “There you are.” Theo smiled affectionately at him and CJ found his own lips turning up into a small smile. His breath was still slowing and a small heat indicated that colour was returning to his cheeks. 

“CJ, my befuddled caretaker, you really had no idea?” CJ slowly shook his head from side to side without moving his eyes from Theo’s. “Oh good heavens.” Theo rubbed his hand against his forehead as if the answer pained him. “ And you thought I was letting you go?” CJ willed his head to bob a small nod, immediately regretting it when he saw the curator’s eyes turn sad. Theo recovered quickly. “Oh, and here I thought I'd been so awfully indiscreet.” 

Through the curator's smile, CJ noticed a delicate sniffle, followed by a discreet wiggle of his nose from side to side. The rubbing became more insistent and Theo started blinking rapidly and cleared his throat.

CJ wasn't fooled by the forced smile that Theo served him and he started feeling even worse when Theo dismissively brushed his eyes with his hand. 
In attempt to soothe his Teddy, to show him that CJ wanted this too, that he was able to conquer himself, he slowly lifted his hand towards the curator’s face. With a vigorously tap dancing heart beat and with a lot of false starts and mind changes, CJ’s fingers finally found the curator's forehead from where he let them slide delicately down through Theo's soft hair, running its length to his shoulder and brought his hand back up to repeat the process.  

Theo hummed softly, leaning into the touch. The assistant’s confidence grew and he brought his other hand up to palm Theo's still fever warm cheek, tracing his cheekbone with his thumb. Pleasure turned to sudden worry and regret as CJ noticed Theo’s face scrunch up and half turn away as if Theo himself was fighting to stay in place. CJ was about to blurt out a hundred different apologies before making a beeline for whatever escape he would possibly cook up but Theo seized his hand and tightened his hold around him before ducking into his own elbow with an adorably confused expression on his face. 

“Heh’kitschoo! Ehk’tschieww! Hhh… Hih’tsschieww!” The sudden outburst triggered a cough and Theo kept his face hidden in the folds of his pyjamas.  “By Marie.” He croaked as he pressed his hand against his throat and swallowed. The gesture caused him to wince as if in pain. “What horrendous timing.” He gave another small cough and sent CJ an apologetic look. “Pray forgive me, CJ, dear, I did what I could to prevent it. The medicine must be wearing off.”

“I'll g-get you a dose of m-medicine.” CJ practically jumped up, free of Theo's arms and took a few steps towards the kitchen.  Suddenly aware of his own hurry to get up he turned around. Theo's crestfallen look told him the curator had noticed it too. Anguished, CJ walked back and crouched down in front of the man he'd had a crush on for years and hesitantly put his hand over Theo’s. 

“I'm… not… running… away… from... you.” He spoke slowly, making sure each word was clear in his mind before he uttered it. He would not screw this up… Not again. “I… Adore you! I… always have.” CJ knew his face must be bright red but he managed to stay calm, or at least stay put. 

The high pitched, whispered “oh!”, the hand clutching the handkerchief to the curators chest, those deep green eyes, brimming over with tears of joy; CJ's heart pounded delightfully against his ribs, but realism hit. “But… I'm still… Just… CJ.” His face fell. He shrugged. “I'm just... stuttering… nervous CJ.” 

What in CJ's mind had been a conclusive point that could finally put an (rather depressing, he had to admit) end to their little dance of miscommunication and misperceptions merely caused the curator to smile affectionately.

“Oh I beg to differ. CJ, my dear.” 

What followed were vividly explained scenarios in which Theodore James, the lurker, had observed the shy night guard whom he had later offered the position as his assistant, in a range of situations in which CJ had – at least in the curator’s mind – acted extraordinarily sensible, cautious, professional, even adventurous, though CJ had a hard time acknowledging that the dark purple shirt he had worn on their so-called “date” had been an adventurous move. 
Through his entrancing tale of CJ’s less than ordinary actions, Theo had every so often let his finger brush lightly over the back of CJ’s hand which had of its own accord moved from the couch to rest on Theo’s thigh. Every stroke of the curator’s thumb sent small shivers up through CJ's arm, a reaction that did not go unnoticed and was therefore repeated countless of times as the curator's smile grew. 

“So, you see CJ, my dear,” the curator finished with a kiss to CJ's hand. “You are anything but “Just CJ.””

Knowing he was blushing furiously, CJ looked away, but Theo persisted. “In fact now that I know your full name, I really think I should-“

“Please don't!” CJ had swiftly turned back towards Theo. Admittedly, he was less scared of Theo's reaction to his name after the sweet encounter they had shared, the memory of which still prickled in his lips. 

Theo smiled at him. “You know,” CJ rolled his eyes at the lecturing tour guide voice he knew so well – albeit a slightly more hoarse and stuffy version of it. “The Renaissance mathematician and astronomer bearing the name was one of the most-“

“It was also the n-name of Doc Emmet Brown’s dog when Marty v-visited him in 1995. I'll have none of it! It's just CJ!” Aware that his hands were trembling, CJ balled his fists and hid them behind his back. He felt Theo's calm and soothing hands cup his flushed cheek and managed to hold back a flinch. 

“CJ, my dear, I don't know what memories and terrible experiences haunt that name and judging by your current state I am not likely to ask but know this; I will never, speak that name with anything but admiration and affection. Say the word and I will never utter it again.”

CJ wanted to believe him, but this was Theodore Antonius James after all, not exactly a man known for his subtlety. “It will n-never come up as p-part of your flamboyant manner?”

Theo huffed a silent giggle at the word “flamboyant” but turned serious again. “CJ, my befuddled darling, I'm afraid I don't always know how NOT to be Theodore Antonius James, but you have taught me so much this weekend. I believe with a little patience and your proficient guidance,” CJ's blush deepened as Theo winked at him. “I could learn to be simply…”

“… Teddy?” CJ breathed the word, daring a hope.

“Teddy.” Deep green eyes smiled affectionately as Theo confirmed. “And neither Teddy, nor Theo, nor Theodore would ever… do… anything… to…”

Theo slowed down his speech, carefully snaking both arms around CJ’s back.

“… Hurt…”

Theo pulled him closer, his watchful eyes cataloguing CJ’s reaction. CJ knew what was coming. His mind was already screaming at him, urging flight, but CJ remained in place. He found himself almost curious as to how it would feel when Theo said…

“… Copernicus.”

CJ had been expecting a tidal wave of emotions coming crashing down on him, had been preparing to mentally battle memories of bullies and parents, but she slight tremor that shook his body and the instant warmth he felt in his chest were his only reactions. Theo seemed just as surprised as he was. 

“Breathtakingly spectacular.” 

Letting out a small laugh of astonishment, CJ was too caught up in his own relief to get flustered and embarrassed as Theo pressed his hot face into his cheek, mumbling words such as “adorable” and “fascinating”. He was still smiling broadly as Theo's thumb and forefinger gently guided his chin up in an angle from which the curator's lips had easy access to CJ's.

The second kiss felt lighter, warmer and just as heavenly as the first. CJ closed his eyes, revelling in the feeling of Theo's soft lips on his, the way their upper lips met in a caress and the way their noses delicately brushed and nudged against each other. Theo broke the contact but stayed in place, letting their noses continue their caressing as he entwined his fingers in CJ's hair. The assistant kept his hands gripping Theo's hips in attempt to keep himself from wanting to flee. He smiled as he heard a soft catch in Theo’s breath and his Teddy removed his nose and hands from CJ as he was once again overcome by the remnants of his terrible cold.

“Ehhk’tsschieww! K’hitschoo! Ehtsschoo!” CJ handed him a handkerchief from the small stack in the table. “Curse this bout of sniffles.” The curator accepted it with a frown, bringing it up to rub viciously at his reddened nose.

CJ couldn't help to notice the very un-Theodore-like comment. “Blessings. What happened to ‘joyous little outbursts’?” 

Theo raised an eyebrow at him, face still half hidden behind the handkerchief. “CJ, my dear, anything that forces me to turn away from you are not… Considered… Joy-hhh-joyous… Hhehh’tsscheww!” CJ noticed Theo sway slightly and let his fall shut for a second as he sighed into the handkerchief.

What were they thinking? Theo was obviously too ill to continue this little séance. 

“Rest! Now!” Surprised at his own outburst he recoiled with a blush and a low-sounding “uhm, please?” Theo smiled, eyebrows raised in amused confusion as he gave his nose a final rub. 

“Only if you'll join me.”

CJ froze, eyes locked on Theo's teasing smirk and his sparkling eyes. He felt his breath come in quicker and balled his fists to keep them from trembling. His body tensed. Theo’s smirk quickly turned to shock.
“To keep me company not to- oh dear.” 

CJ hadn't been aware that his entire body was shaking before Theo gave him a worried glance over and let his hand slowly rub their way from CJ's wrist to his shoulders. He felt his breathing normalise and his shaking diminish to a slight quiver. 

“Oh dear Marie, I really must endeavour to be more considerate with you.” Theo's hands had reached his shoulders and pulled slightly as the older man scooted closer, slowly, and with his eyes locked on CJ’s, pulling him into his arms. 

CJ took a deep breath and let his arms snake their way around Theo's chest. He felt the curator sigh contently against him.

“CJ, my bright assistant, I'd be honoured if you'd allow me… to court you.” Slightly surprised, CJ pulled back to look at Theo. “Skipping the courtship is taking the fun out of the chase. I should hate for either of us to miss it.”

CJ smiled to himself. Of course Theodore Antonius James doesn’t just “date”; he courts. CJ really shouldn’t have expected anything less. 

“Would that be… Agreeable?” CJ detected a hint of insecurity in Theo's eyes. 

The small nod CJ gave in response as he leaned in earned him another sweet kiss. 

Custodi spirandi, CJ, you conquered. 

Veni, Vidi, Vici. 

THE END… I guess…

Archived