Sneeze Fetish Forum

SpamKey

Eeeeeiiiii my angel talking to Dr Hot Guy makes for happy Kaze!!!

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gosh, SpamKey you're more than welcome this was simply GLORIOUS OH GAWD!!!!! :heart:

Sick and sneezy Dr. Hot Guy is adorable on his own, but with a hovering Nick (darling ahhhhh :heart: ) and a freakishly worried and very over protective angel/boyfriend on the phone it just makes him sO MUCH CUTER AND GAH!!!!! 

Also, your Elias was spot on!!! Even though he was only a silent voice, everything poor Darian responded to was so in character for him. I'm amazed. It's just so adorably cute and wonderful. :heart: feel free to borrow him again :D 

Oh gosh. I just- gosh. This is so cute, I have literally no idea what to do with myself. AHHH SO CUTE!

I'm so glad you're all enjoying my nonsense! :heart: Now have two Dr. Tech and THEM PERJE drabbles, inspired by the wonderful @Juto!

---

Title: Talking

Characters/Pairing: Darian/Nick

Cause: Allergies

“And you kdow ho-how--hhh-etchhhh-hitchhh-etshhuh! Ugh, sorry--” Nick yanked out his handkerchief yet again, and blew his nose--yet again. “Hay fever, sorry, that’s better. So, as I was saying, you know how Dr. Stewart gets about petri dish positioning--or have I told you about that one?”

“I don’t believe so, no.” Darian replied, watching carefully as Nick scrubbed at his rebellious nose absently. The inhaler felt heavy in his pocket, but… So far, no asthma. Or at least, nothing a puff from Nick’s own inhaler every so-often couldn’t handle. “You did tell me about your boss’s thing about test tube labels, though, so I can imagine.”

Nick laughed, but his breath hitched half way, and he sneezed again. “Hihh-itshhhuh-atshhhhh-etschhhuh! Ugh, sorry, agaid--”

He blew his nose. Darian forced down the niggling worry and smiled fondly. A moment later, that smile turned slightly impish.

“So anyway,” Nick continued at last, nose momentarily clear again. “Bella had just put the dishes in the incubator, but when Dr. Stewart opened it to place her own sahh-s-samples--eshhhuh-ishhhuh-atchhhuh! Ugh--”

“...she went ballistic and dumped the incubator’s contents all over the floor?” Darian suggested. Nick shot him a look over his handkerchief.

“Do, sh-sheee-ehh--etchhhuh-hishhhh-atshhhhuh!”

“Started frantically rearranging all the petri dishes until they were just right?”

“D-do, thahh--atchhhuh-hitchhhhuh-etchhhh!”

“Dropped her own petri dishes, spilling the contents on the floor and potentially infecting you with a deadly pathogen that, evidently, won’t allow you to speak for sneezing?”

“Ih-id’s allergie-hies, ahh--atchhhhuh-hitchhh-heh-ehh-eahhhh-ATChhhuh!”

That last sneeze seemed to end the fit, leaving a disgruntled looking Nick glaring good-naturedly at Darian, who wore his most innocent smile.

“You think you’re funny, don’t you?” Nick grumbled.

“A little.” Darian shrugged, smirking.

Nick shook his head, leaning forward to shove Darian’s arm. However, he misjudged Darian’s position, and nearly fell right out of his seat. Luckily, Darian noticed what was happening just in time, swooping down to catch Nick before he hit the ground.

They crouched there for a moment, Nick half-collapsed in Darian’s arms, before they both burst out laughing.

“Well, that was humiliating.” Nick said at length, finally stumbling to his feet with Darian’s assistance.

“It was adorable.” Darian corrected, leaning down and kissing Nick gently. “Love you, darling.”

“Love you, too, Doc.”

---

Title: Teasing

Characters/Pairing: Kaije/Percy

Percy sighed, sniffling exhaustedly as he tried to focus on his computer screen. It had been a long day in a string of long days, and to top it all off, his allergies had decided that today was the perfect day to go haywire.

He ran a hand over his face, reflexively stifling a few sudden sneezes. “Ngtch-tch! Hhih-ntchh-tchh-gtch!” Sniffling again, he reached over to the tissue box and snagged a few, blowing his nose for all the good it would do. He wasn’t going to stay late tonight. He’d been trying to do that as little as he could allow himself to recently (recently being after that last fever-scare with Kaije) just in case his boyfriend got sick again.

His boyfriend, who Percy had determinedly kept from finding out about how bad his allergies were today.

Percy sighed in frustration as the need to sneeze rose and fell sporadically, never quite allowing him relief. It wasn’t that he didn’t want Kaije to know, really; it was just that Percy had been having a bad week, he knew he’d been having a bad week, and Kaije really didn’t need to be worrying about his dumb allergies on top of his sleep deprivation and overworking.

Percy’s phone dinged with a message just as he tried to return to work. He glanced over, unlocking his phone, and immediately tried not to laugh.

It was a selfie of Kaije, upside-down on his chair with his legs dangling over the top. A moment later, Kaije sent a caption; “soooo boooooored”

Percy shook his head, texting back; “go find a lost email or something, nerd.”

He went back to work for a few minutes (stifling a few sneezes as he did so) before his phone dinged again; another picture, this one of Kaije lying on the ground, with his chair collapsed over his legs, a sheepish expression on his face.

“i fell”

Percy really did laugh this time, typing a reply; “i don’t know what you expected, honestly.”

“not to fall on my ass for one -_-”

“you’re clumsy as hell, kai, it was a given.”

“fuck you <3”

“fuck you too <3”

Percy worked for another hour or so (sneezing more frequently, that allergy medication he’d taken earlier was absolutely worthless) before his phone dinged again.

“hey you ok, man? you didnt come down for break”

It was followed by another selfie of Kaije making an exaggeratedly sad face that made Percy snort. Which made him sneeze. Again. Ugh.

...He really didn’t have the energy to keep up this charade. He readied his phone and snapped a picture--all red, watery eyes, irritated, runny nose, and tired, miserable expression--and sent it to Kaije.

A moment, later, he got a reply; “allergies?”

Sighing, Percy responded. “allergies. meds don’t help.”

“we’ll get you some better meds on the way home tonight angel <3”

Percy smiled fondly; angel over text? Kaije must be feeling bad for him.

---

It is coming on spring, after all ;)

Haha! You already know, but Oh My GOSH I adore these drabbles so much. Sneezy Nick is a-freakin'-dorable as always and smirky, innocently smiling Darian was just HHNNNNGGGGG!!!!!

And OH DEAR!!  Kaije's little "I fell" absolutely floored me! I burst out laughing! He's so wonderfully childish and adorable. And him calling Percy "angel" I just llmckljsrfvlksrjfnvilsjfrnjochervjohce!!!!!

Oh, these last two were really too, too precious. I always love Nick, and Kaije is such a playful delight.

The obvious answer is to show more of their friendship. At first I thought I'd ask for them to be working on their game or something and Nick's hayfever is playing up, and Kaije takes care of him without babying him, just, like a bro, throws a tissue box at his head or something. BUT THEN I thought of something even better (worse?) which is: in AWIP, Nick mentions to Darian that every spring he ends up in the hospital with his allergy-triggered asthma. This served two functions in that story; 1) to totally throw us readers a curveball when Nick ends up in the hospital for unrelated reasons, and 2) to get the character development that Darian will anxiously finger that inhaler in his pocket at the slightest hint of a wheeze or cough, forever. But what if Darian gets a phone call one day from Kaije like "hey there Dr Hot Guy coupla things-- numero uno don't panic, two nick is totally gonna be ok, three we're at the hospital getting a breathing treatment, please don't have a heart attack" because Nick was with Kaije when the terrible allergy/asthma flare came to a head, and so Kaije takes care of him until Darian can get there but also Darian can feel way guilty and panicked about being NOT THERE.

SO uhhh that was... An Impertinence By An Internet Stranger, do with it what you will!

3 hours ago, queenie said:

The obvious answer is to show more of their friendship. At first I thought I'd ask for them to be working on their game or something and Nick's hayfever is playing up, and Kaije takes care of him without babying him, just, like a bro, throws a tissue box at his head or something. BUT THEN I thought of something even better (worse?) which is: in AWIP, Nick mentions to Darian that every spring he ends up in the hospital with his allergy-triggered asthma. This served two functions in that story; 1) to totally throw us readers a curveball when Nick ends up in the hospital for unrelated reasons, and 2) to get the character development that Darian will anxiously finger that inhaler in his pocket at the slightest hint of a wheeze or cough, forever. But what if Darian gets a phone call one day from Kaije like "hey there Dr Hot Guy coupla things-- numero uno don't panic, two nick is totally gonna be ok, three we're at the hospital getting a breathing treatment, please don't have a heart attack" because Nick was with Kaije when the terrible allergy/asthma flare came to a head, and so Kaije takes care of him until Darian can get there but also Darian can feel way guilty and panicked about being NOT THERE.

*sound of frantic typing in the distance*

Thank you dearly for the prompt! I am, needless to say, on it :D 

Wow I belted this one out quick :lol: This one is for @queenie, who wanted some Kaije/Nick friendship, and just a teensy bit of angst on Darian's part! :D (the full prompt can be read above!)

---

Title: Concern

Characters/Pairing: Nick/Darian, Nick & Kaije

“Okay, first thing; don’t freak out.”

Darian frowned before responding. “Alright. What is it?”

“Second thing;” Kaije continued, his tone placating. “Nick’s gonna be just fine.”

Cold dread doused Darian’s stomach, and he almost couldn’t speak to ask; “What happened?!”

“Third thing…” Kaije sighed; Darian could almost visualize him rubbing the back of his neck resignedly. “Nick’s asthma spiked up while he was here working on the game, and he didn’t have his inhaler on him, so I had to call an ambulance. He’s in the hospital right now, I’m with him, and they say he’s gonna be just fine, they’ll be able to release him in an hour or so. We’ve only been here about ten minutes, so it’s really a big deal, you don’t even have to come dow--aw, who’m I kidding, you’re already in your car aren’t you?”

Darian merely hung up, swerving out of the parking lot and speeding dangerously down the road towards the hospital.

What good was it keeping an inhaler on him at all times, if the one time Nick needed it, Darian was nowhere in the vicinity? Darian shook his head at the absurdity of it. Only his darling Nick’s luck could be that bad.

By the time he located the room in which Nick had been moved to, the lab tech was already sitting up, laughing wheezily at something Kaije said. They both looked up with wry expressions on their face when Darian burst in, panting slightly from his rush.

“Told you he’d get here in under ten minutes.” Kaije gloated. Nick shot him a disbelieving look.

“I agreed with you!” He protested, his voice slightly raspy. His breath faltered suddenly, and he ducked to the side to sneeze. “Hihh-itchhhhuh--atchhhhuh--etchhh! Ugh, hey, Doc.”

“Don’t you ‘hey, Doc’ me!” Darian exclaimed, his voice about as close to snappish as it ever got. He immediately started bombarding Nick with questions (“Why didn’t you have your inhaler? How bad was it? Did your lungs ever close up entirely? Did the physician on-duty give you any drugs?”), leaving a slightly overwhelmed Nick trying to reassure the doctor while Kaije lingered in a back corner, trying not to laugh at the display.

Eventually, Darian was satisfied, and soon enough both he and Kaije were kicked out so that Nick could be examined. Darian sighed heavily as the door to Nick’s room closed. Kaije glanced over as the doctor leaned heavily against the wall, expression melancholic.
“Something on your mind, Darian?” Kaije asked. Darian hesitated a moment, then looked up with a slightly forced smile.

“No, nothing. Just… Thank you. For helping him. He, ah…” Darian cleared his throat. “He means the world to me. And I should’ve...”

“Okay, I’m gonna stop you right there.” Kaije stated, raising a hand to emphasize his point. “First off, if you think you can be there for Nick one hundred percent of the time, you can’t. It’s just not humanly possible. Secondly, if you think I’m not perfectly willing and eager to pick up the slack, you’re an idiot. Finally,” Kaije smiled reassuringly, placing a warm hand on the doctor’s shoulder. “Nick is going to be a-okay. Trust me, he’s had it worse this time of year. He got off easy.”

Darian tried to protest for a moment, but finally deflated under Kaije’s friendly aura. “You’re right. Obviously. But still… Thank you.”

Kaije gave his trademark, winning smile. “Like I said; I care about the little nerd.”

---

I hope this was what you wanted! :D And everyone, feel free to leave requests, I'm always looking for more inspiration!

I got another prompt and couldn't resist :P This one's for @Juto, who originally requested a double date (I only tweaked it a little bit, promise :innocent: )

---

Title: Date

Characters/Pairing: Darian/Nick, Kaije/Percy

“Etchhuh! Hitchhhuh! Eshchhhh!”

“Hhih-igktch-tchh! Ngtch-hehh-ektchh! Tchh!”

Kaije and Darian glanced between their sneezing boyfriends and each other, each thinking the same thing. Kaije, naturally, was the first one to say it.

“You know, maybe lunch at that nice café in the park in the middle of springtime wasn’t the best double date idea.” The programmer mused idly, glancing sidelong at Percy, who was rubbing his fist against his rebellious nose irritatedly.

“Nick, darling, I think your breathing is getting a bit tight, maybe you should--” Darian coaxed, fishing the inhaler out of his pocket. Nick, blowing his nose into his handkerchief, rolled his eyes.

“I’m fine, Doc, really. Not even a little bit wheezy.” He promised, before his expression faltered again, and he ducked back down into his handkerchief. “Etchhhhuh-ashhhuh-achhhh! Ugh, really…?”

“Uh, Perce, you sure you wanna stick this out? We could head back to Darian’s place, I’m sure he’s got allergy pills or something--” Kaije attempted gently. Percy cut him off with an eyeroll and a sharp sniffle.

“I’b good, Kaije, seriously.” He stated, rubbing at his itchy eyes. “Id’s dot a big deahh-aktch-ktch! Tchh-kchh-ngtch!” He dissolved into annoyed sniffles, rubbing at his nose roughly.

Kaije and Darian exchanged another look, this one more resigned.

“Dude, you haven’t sneezed this much since that cold two months ago.” Kaije accused his boyfriend, then turned to Darian, grinning. “I ever tell you about that? He was being all paranoid--”

“It’s not paranoid if your fevers are potentially lethal!” Percy snapped, already low patience made even shorter by irritation at his allergies, which chose that moment to bother him again; “Akchh-ngtch! Kchh-ntchh-ktchh! Guh…”

“--and trying to avoid me and crap,” Kaije continued, ignoring his boyfriend’s outburst. “And he was feeling really shitty, I kept trying to get him to go to bed, but he wasn’t having any of it.”

“Oh, I wouldn’t know anyone like that.” Darian drawled, smirking slightly at Nick, who was blowing his nose again and tactfully chose not to acknowledge the comment.

“So eventually, he was running out of ideas, I’d already dragged his ass home from work.” Kaije struggled to keep from laughing, ignoring Percy’s protesting moan. “And I went to make him some soup--”

“Ramen--hhhih-ikchh!” Percy muttered.

“--and when I came back to the bedroom, I couldn’t find him.” Kaije ignored him again. “But I could hear him, right, he was sneezing and coughing and shit. You know where I finally found him?”

“Where?” Darian asked, already close to laughter just from Kaije’s storytelling.

“The bathroom cabinet!”

They both burst into laughter. Simultaneously, Nick and Percy both burst into sneezes.

“Okay, okay…” Darian caught his breath. “But get this; Nick has hayfever, obviously.”

“Exhibit A.” Kaije snorted, gesturing to Nick, who had just recovered from a fit of sneezes and flipped him off, coughing slightly.

“But there was an opportunity over in the research division at the hospital to work on a more high-profile project with the university.” Darian continued, sliding the inhaler over to Nick, who reluctantly made use of it. “Nick immediately volunteered; didn’t ask what it was, didn’t listen when Dr. Stewart tried to talk him out of it. He goes in the next day, ready to work, and the project…” Darian broke off, laughing.

“What, what?” Kaije prompted, grinning widely.

“It was a project…” Darian gasped. “Studying the effects of different pesticides… On plant pollination!”

Kaije roared with laughter, joining in Darian’s less boisterous mirth, both men willfully ignorant of their boyfriends’ glares. Percy and Nick exchanged looks across the table.

“Our boyfriends are the worst.” Nick grumbled. “Hhih-hetchhhuh-etchhhh-echhhuh!”

“Tell be aboud id.” Percy scowled, sniffling furiously as Kaije and Darian continued to laugh endlessly.

---

I hope you enjoyed :D Also about to post more "Irredeemable," so check that out!

Oh dear, I'm getting behind in commenting, ~again- apologies. 

That prompt from @queenie, oh my, angsty and overworried Darian with his "Don’t you ‘hey, Doc’ me!” :lol: just wonderful.

... And that sneezy date scenario had me giggling all the way through. What jerks :lol: But so very endearing!! :heart:

H..how did I miss this!?! And my favorite is Darian getting ill because just yes!!!!!! And the crossover with Juto's universe, Yes!!!! I just want Darian to get sick......ya know, no yelling at him whatsoever? 

:whistle::flirt:

Oh that was amazing. Now if I could just figure out how to write like this........ooooh but still amazing. 

Oh I can't even begin to describe how wonderful that last allergy one was! Well done you!

A loooong drabble. Long one :D For Kaze, who answered my request for prompts with angst!

---

Title: Insecure

Characters/Pairing: Kaije/Percy

Cause: Illness

Kaije was avoiding him. Percy knew it.

At first, the excuses had seemed plausible; working through break yesterday because there was a locked-down harddrive that needed unlocking, not fighting too hard when Percy wanted to pull an all-nighter that night.

But then Kaije didn’t stop by his office that morning. Took ages to reply to Percy’s texts, and sent only short responses when he did. Missed Percy at break again, and when Percy texted asking if Kaije wanted to meet him by the bus to head home and have dinner together, all of a sudden Kaije was pulling an all-nighter?

It wasn’t just yesterday and today, either; the past few days Kaije, who was normally a clingy, cuddly mess, had been suddenly distant. No good-morning kisses, fewer casual touches, no embraces, no easy grins, barely any eye-contact even. He was talking less. Percy had written it off as him being tired, but…

Not bothering to grace Kaije’s curt “cant come gotta stay tonite” text with a response, Percy stormed out of the office building in an even fouler mood than usual, snapping at the poor guy who bumped into him on the way out, and sending off such a dark aura that no one on the crowded bus bothered to try standing next to him.

He almost--almost--considered staying in his old apartment (which he hadn’t quite gotten around to selling yet, despite Kaije’s constant pestering; another thing that was missing this past week) just to spite Kaije, but… His thin veneer of rage started to chip away, revealing the despair that lay beneath it.

He’d been fairly terrified of this happening ever since Kaije had first kissed him. What if… Was this Kaije losing interest? Getting sick of him? It wasn’t as though Percy had that much to offer; Kaije was drop-dead gorgeous, charming, sociable, kind, funny, smart… Percy was just some average-looking asshole with a head for numbers and more issues than a magazine.

Getting off the bus, he bitterly kicked a cast-aside beer can, stalking towards their apartment building. How he could have deluded himself into thinking that he could occupy Kaije’s attention for more than the eight months they’d been dating… How he could’ve let himself forget everything he’d learned in that awful time after Cecily left him… How he could’ve been so stupid, so downright naive…

These thoughts carried him through the building, into the elevator, and right into their apartment. They sparked a headache, and Percy, too tired and bitter to bother with any self-punishment that night, made for the medicine cabinet to grab the painkillers. His hand stopped halfway to the bottle as his eyes skittered about the cabinet’s contents automatically.

Kaije’s pills. His prescription fever reducers.

They were gone.

Percy felt dread rise in his throat, and immediately began shuffling through the various bottles and things in the medicine cabinet, headache forgotten. Through with him or not, if Kaije lost those pills…

He frantically searched every drawer in the bathroom; the bedside tables; the kitchen; the living room; nothing. The pill bottle was nowhere to be found, so unless someone took them, they had seemingly disappeared, where the hell were they--

Percy froze in the middle of the living room, realization dawning.

“Kaije you fucking idiot.” He breathed, shaking his head.

He quickly whipped out his wallet, counting; yes, just enough cash for a taxi. He dashed out of the building in record time, practically throwing himself in front of an unoccupied taxi in order to hail it down. He rattled off the address for Dali Accounting before he was even fully in the car, and spent the whole ride on the edge of his seat, forcing himself not to snap at the driver to go faster.

---

Percy didn’t bother knocking on the door to Kaije’s office; just barged right on in, because he was too pissed and worried to make a fuss about manners.

Plus, it was the perfect opportunity to catch Kaije in the act. Of sneezing, that is.

“Hihh-GISHHhuh!” Kaije sneezed wetly, exhaustedly into a handful of tissues. Similar piles were strewn in and about his wastepaper basket. Percy crossed his arms as Kaije sat in his chair, sniffling miserably and wiping his nose.

When after several seconds Kaije still didn’t notice Percy’s presence, the accountant cleared his throat pointedly. Kaije jumped, almost falling out of his chair and coughing roughly.

“P-Perce, whad’re you--”

“Kaije, what the hell did I tell you about hiding it from me when you’re sick?!” Percy interrupted, livid and worried. “Honestly, I need to know these things! Hiding out in your office all damn day is not going to help you get better, look at you--”

“W-waid, Perce--” Kaije tried to protest, but Percy held up a hand.

“No, Kaije, no. Even if you were taking your pills…” A quick glance around, and Percy spotted the orange prescription bottle on Kaije’s desk, next to the keyboard. “There’s a chance they won’t work, or you might fall asleep and miss a dose… Anything could go wrong, Kaije, I have to know about this! This isn’t about me being paranoid, this is about your life!”

“I kdow, Perce, bud…” Kaije tried again, this time interrupted by another sneeze. “Hhh-IKSCHHhuh! Heh-GSHHhh!” He scrambled for a handful of tissues, snagging the last of them out of his already-depleted box and blowing his nose. Percy sighed, anger fading at the miserable display.

“I just worry, Kaije.” Percy ran a hand through his hair, tugging it in stress. “I-I mean… When you were avoiding me, I kinda thought… Th-that you were pissed, o-or just… B-bored with me--”

“Whad?!?” Kaije exclaimed, jumping out of his chair. He swayed slightly, and Percy quickly came up to steady him, gently gripping the programmer’s shoulders. Kaije just kept talking. “Perce, you kdow I’d dever do thad, cobe od! I told you I love you, add I beadt it.”

Percy scowled, shrugging. “I-I just… I know that, I just… Y-you’re… You, you know? And I’m just kinda… Here.”

Kaije stared at him, blinking. “Okay, id bay be the fever, but thad bade absolutely do sedse.”

Reminded of why he was really here, Percy quickly felt Kaije’s forehead; warm, but not too concerning, not by the programmer’s standards. “Just forget about, I was being stupid. Come on, you’re coming home.”

“Do, Perce--” Kaije protested, pulling back. “Look, I’b so sorry I bade you feel ligke thad, bud id really wasd’t by idtention, okay? I just dod’t wadt you gettigg sick agaid.”

Percy blinked. “What’re you talking about?”

Kaije sighed, shivering slightly. “You’ve beed sick way too buch id the past few bodths. I kdow it’s stress, bud… I didd’t wadt you to get sick agaid. I thought if I could just stay away for a few d-day-days-hhhhih--IKCHhhuh! GISHHhuh!” He was out of tissues, so just wiped his nose on his sleeve, wincing and shuddering. “Ugh. Sorry… Bud I jusd cad’t seeb do shake id. Id jusd geds… W-worse--EKSCHHhuh!” More sniffling. More wiping.

Percy’s heart melted.

“Bless you. I don’t mind, Kai, really.” He promised, wrapping his boyfriend in a hug whether he liked it or not. Kaije stiffened, considering pulling back, but in the end, melted into the accountant’s embrace, sniffling and exhausted. “You’re so dumb if you think a simple thing like catching a cold would keep me from taking care of you.”

“You’re dumb if you dod’t worry aboud your owd health.” Kaije muttered into Percy’s shoulder. Percy rolled his eyes.

“Come on, Kai, let’s go home.”

Kaije sighed resignedly. “Fide, angel. Let’s go home.”

---

I missed these boys... I might do a little bit of sick!Darian fluff later... ;)

God this was better then imagined :D Poor insecure Percy I looooove it!!

AND YES FOR SICK!DARIAN!!!!

I'm finally getting around to reading some of these amazing original drabbles of yours. They are quite fun and well written. I'll definitely keep my eye out for updates. :) 

Omg!!!!! And poor Percy!!! And what about the pills? Did something happen with them? 

*dances around like a raving loon* fight, fight there was a fight and it was adorable because they made up. Love it love love love. !!!!!!!!!!!!!*continues dancing*

Gah!!! I have so much love for Percy :heart: even worried, insecure, self-punishing, I just wanna wrap my cutie-count-man up and cuddle him to no end. 

... And I swear a new puppy is born every time Kai calls Percy "angel". :heart: 

I did promise sick!Darian... ;) Full-on fluff for once, btw, so enjoy that while it lasts, because more Irredeemable is coming soon, and that's always angsterrific!

(yes that's a word shut up)

---

Title: Patience

Characters/Pairing: Darian/Nick

Cause: Illness

Nick regarded his sick boyfriend pityingly. Darian was bundled up under the covers, still shivering slightly despite the heat of his fever, sniffling slowly and occasionally letting out a small, harsh cough. As Nick watched, Darian’s face twitched, and his breath started hitching. In a moment, he let out a tired series of sneezes, in his usual relentless, fittish manner.

“Hhhih-ishh-kshh-eshh-ashh-tshh-ishhuh-eshhhuh-eh-hih-huh-USHhhuh!” He sniffled in the aftermath, rubbing his nose with his handkerchief.

“Really not feeling any better, huh?” Nick asked sympathetically. Darian’s green, fever-glazed eyes gazed up at him as he shook his head no. “Voice still gone?” Nick probed further. Darian nodded miserably. “Been taking your meds?” Another nod. The lab tech sighed, pushing Darian lightly so there was room in his bed.

“Sorry I had to leave you today. I’ve missed enough work as it is.” Nick murmured, gently lowering himself onto the bed and under the covers. Before Darian could latch onto him (he was an insatiable cuddler when sick) Nick gently prodded him until the doctor was propped up on the pillows, with Nick splayed across his chest.

Feeling Darian’s fever through his thin t-shirt, Nick hummed, concerned, and shifted up until their faces were inches apart. “Sorry I got you sick.” He breathed, gently kissing Darian’s lips. It was hard to tell from the flush of his fever, but the doctor might’ve blushed. Unable to speak and so relieved that he wasn’t alone in his misery anymore, he merely closed his eyes, letting Nick shower his face with kisses; lips, cheeks, forehead, even the tip of his nose, feather-light and prompting a small fit of sneezes.

“Ihhh-ishh-kshh-eshh-ashh!” Darian sneezed quietly off to one side, cringing and opening his eyes. Nick regarded him with a wry, sympathetic smile as Darian swiped at his nose with his handkerchief.

“Sorry. Couldn’t resist.” Nick apologised again, and began to detangle his boyfriend’s slightly mangled hair with his hands. Darian closed his eyes, humming his appreciation. Nick rewarded him with another sweet kiss. “Let’s see what we can do to make you feel better, huh?”

Oh, yes. This moment had definitely been worth the wait.

---

(Seductive!Nick is still canon, btw)

I had a coherent reply and then it got lost in how fraking adorable Darian is when he's sick.  This is like Fessor level for me, seriously.   HNNGGGG.

*Blinks emptily * 

Just just just adorable, fluffy fluffy fluff. Fluff!!! I am a fluff eater, you have stated my hunger. 

Archived