Sneeze Fetish Forum

Let's share our favourite quotes

kiku

3 hours ago, kiku said:

@AngelRain Thank you for sharing the beautiful poem and the quote about the dream - I love mysterious thoughts like that. 😊 ❤️

Now, I take a minute to go off topic because I have some good news! 😍

Our dear friend JessStarseed1111 is OK and says hi to you all! She's got a youtube channel with the same user name (that's how I found her! *proud grin*), she has her contact info in her bio, and she would love to hear from you all who liked her posts and would like to stay in touch with her. I'm just so incredibly happy that she is not lost to us after all. 😊 🦋
Hellooooooo @sneezefan222 ! 📣 Jess wants you to know about this too. 😊

As Marcel Proust once said:
“Let us be grateful to the people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.”

@kiku you have no idea how happy I was to read this.  I honestly thought it was my fault that she left the forum.  

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kiku

• AngelRain

• AntheaHolmes

• sneezefan222

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@AngelRain Thanks for the info on Tarotgal's book! 👍

@sneezefan222 ❤️ It was certainly not your fault. 😊 And I was sooooo happy too when I discovered the youtube channel. 🫠

Now, everybody... *putting on a strict thread-mom-face* Back to topic!

I'll start with another quote:

"It is never too late to be what you might have been."
(George Eliot)

23 minutes ago, kiku said:

@AngelRain Thanks for the info on Tarotgal's book! 👍

@sneezefan222 ❤️ It was certainly not your fault. 😊 And I was sooooo happy too when I discovered the youtube channel. 🫠

Now, everybody... *putting on a strict thread-mom-face* Back to topic!

I'll start with another quote:

"It is never too late to be what you might have been."
(George Eliot)

“Love is like the eternal flame.  It can never be extinguished.” (Unknown) 

13 hours ago, kiku said:

@Femiline77 Thank you for sharing this wonderful quote! Your grandpa must be (must have been?) a very wise man indeed. ❤️ There is so much truth in his words.
Kindness is so important. Sometimes it's easy to forget. But I try to remind myself all the time. 🌸

It's easy to forget indeed, but definitely worth choosing it over and over. Also thanks for the update about Jess, I'm glad she's doing just fine! ❤️ 

Also, wow I never knew tarotgal had published a book, that's impressive! 

There's a quote by Charles Darwin that I just love: "I am very poorly today and very stupid and hate everyone and everything". 

... I know what you're thinking. Sure, it's not the most positive quote ever but, it's Darwin who wrote it, a man whose theories had a humongous impact on many science fields to this day. He was everything but stupid.

This quote is both a funny and gentle reminder that bad days happen, but that they do not mean that we're not doing great things or living an important, fulfilling life. 

@sneezefan222 This is so beautiful. And so true! ❤️

@Femiline77 Wow, Darwin had thoughts like that... But thinking about it, he was only human too! 😁 Even the greatest scientists and geniuses can have doubts about themselves. In fact, I believe the wiser somebody is, the greater are their self-doubts... Which leads me to another famous quote by Socrates: "I know that I know nothing."

13 hours ago, kiku said:

@AntheaHolmes Wow, thank you! 🌸 Great that you mention Oscar Wilde. There is one famous quote by him that I say to myself almost every day - it actually keeps me going when I feel down: "Everything is going to be fine in the end. If it's not fine, it's not the end."

❤️💚💜

Oh I love that one. I have two tattoos that are quotes by his. He's such an inspiration and such a tragic queer hero. 

@AngelRain Thanks for buying it and letting me know you enjoyed it! That means the world to me 🙂 Hugs!!

Please let me know when your sneezekink anthology is available! Best of luck with it and your novel (and all your writing projects). 

@tarotgal How great to see you! 🌷 Kudos to you for your fantastic pioneer work. You contributed a great deal for us sneeze lovers to find each other, and find amazing content online. ❤️

12 hours ago, tarotgal said:

@AngelRain Thanks for buying it and letting me know you enjoyed it! That means the world to me 🙂 Hugs!!

Please let me know when your sneezekink anthology is available! Best of luck with it and your novel (and all your writing projects). 

Will do! It's coming along pretty well. I'll definitely be letting everyone know as soon as it's available. :) And you're very welcome!

Another Quote by Oscar Wilde today. 

"To love oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance" 

I find so much comfort in that. To love and to be loved is essential for us human beings and love is shown in so many different ways, it's beautiful! 

My quotes for the day. :)

"I am the star that rises from the sea, the twilight sea. I bring men dreams that rule their destiny. I bring the dream - tides to the souls of men; the tides that ebb and flow and ebb again – These are my secrets, these belong to me." – Dion Fortune

"If we could live like wolves, we would never hate our brothers and sisters just for being of different colors. We would live together in harmony, knowing that the well-being of the others would be the basis of our own well-being. We would care for each other no matter whether young or old or healthy or sick. We would have a sensible order. We would look after Nature because we would understand that we need Her to survive, and we would kill for one reason only – for food. What a perfect place earth could be, if only we could live like wolves." – Anonymous

I couldn't find an author for the one about wolves but it's still one of my favorite quotes. I also have a deep love for wolves and I agree with this quote 100%. I studied wolves in college even and don't understand why so many people are afraid of them and think they're bad. They're the ancestor of your dogs. The same dogs that so many people keep as pets. Wolves are beautiful animals. My boyfriend and I went to a wolf dog sanctuary and one of them took a really intense liking to me. She stood on this high platform right behind me and started burying her face in my hair. It's called scent rolling. It's basically when an animal marks something as theirs. I've never felt so honored.

Anyway, sorry for the rant about wolves. I just love them so much. If I could have one as a pet I would.  Actually in PA you are allowed to have them. You just need a special license. So maybe someday. Haha

@AntheaHolmes Wow, another wonderful, wise statement by Oscar Wilde. Your comment on it is so beautiful too. ❤️ To love and to be loved is essential for us indeed, and it is so important to have that "lifelong romance" with ourselves. 🌸

@AngelRain Your quotes are beautiful too, especially the one about wolves. There is so much truth in it. Thank you so much for sharing your amazing experience with the wolf who "greeted" you in such a special, heartwarming way. It touched me deeply reading it. I can imagine it must have been an amazing, unforgettable moment. ❤️ 💚

Here is my quote for today:

"I cannot say whether things will get better if they change. What I can say is they must change if they are to get better."
(Georg Christoph Lichtenberg, 1742-1799, German physicist and philosopher)

“I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”
(Maya Angelou)

❤️❤️❤️❤️🌗❤️❤️❤️❤️

Three from me for today. Enjoy. :)

"Today a man discovered gold and fame, Another flew the stormy seas; Another set an unarmed world aflame, One found the germ of a disease. But what high fates my path attend for I – today – I found a friend." – Helen Barker Parker

"Love, as told by the seers of old,

Comes as a butterfly tipped with gold

Flutters and flies in sunlit skies,

Weaving round hearts that were one time cold." – Algernon Charles Swinburne

"If I’m in Heaven and you’re not there, I’d carve your name in golden chairs, for all the angels there to see, that I love you and you love me. If you’re not there on Judgment Day, I’ll know you’ve gone the other way, so just to prove our love is true, I’d go to Hell to be with you." – Jackie Paul

I shared this in the last thread but I like it so much I am going to share it again here.  Yes, it's from Adventure Time, but you know what? It's TRUE.  And it speaks to me. :laugh: The value of practice and just not being afraid to start something new even if you're not going to be good at it at first!

practice-suckingatsomething.gif

23 hours ago, kiku said:

“I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”
(Maya Angelou)

❤️❤️❤️❤️🌗❤️❤️❤️❤️

Maya Angelou is amazing! Such a wise woman! 

Thanks for the great new quotes! 👍

@AngelRain So beautiful - I especially like the one by Helen Barker Parker about finding a friend. ❤️

@SleepingPhlox LOL Oh yes, there is a lot of truth in it! 😅 Trying something new and not giving up too quickly is important, even if you suck at it at first. 😉

My quote for today - simple, but nice and encouraging:

"If you can dream it, you can do it."
(Walt Disney)

🦋🦋🦋🌗🦋🦋🦋

My quote for today:

"You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, ‘I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.’ You must do the thing you think you cannot do."
(Eleanor Roosevelt)

🍀🍀🍀🍀🌸🍀🍀🍀🍀

My quotes for the day. Sorry I missed the last couple days. I've been super busy.

"The only thing that scares me more than space aliens is the idea that there aren’t any space aliens. We can’t be the best that creation has to offer. I pray we’re not all there is. If so, we’re in big trouble." – Ellen DeGeneres

"A loving relationship is one which the loved one is free to be himself – to laugh with me, but never at me; to cry with me, but never because of me; to love life, to love himself, to love being loved. Such a relationship is based upon freedom and can never grow in a jealous heart." – Leo F. Buscaglia

"The rising moon has hid the stars, Her level rays, like golden bars; Lie on the landscape green, With shadows brown between, And silver white the river gleams, As if Diana, in her dreams, Had dropt her silver bow, Upon the meadows low." – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

"Someday, after mastering the winds, the waves, the tides and gravity, we shall harness for God the energies of love, and then, for a second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire." – Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

41 minutes ago, AngelRain said:

"The only thing that scares me more than space aliens is the idea that there aren’t any space aliens. We can’t be the best that creation has to offer. I pray we’re not all there is. If so, we’re in big trouble." – Ellen DeGeneres

Thank you so much for your beautiful quotes, @AngelRain! The one I quoted above is my favourite. 😊

Please don't feel bad about missing a few days. I love seeing your - and everybody else's quotes whenever you have time and feel like it. 🤗

My quote for today is, again, a simple but powerful one:

"Wherever you go, go with all your heart."
- by Confucius

❤️🤎💚💙🧡💛💜🖤

My quote for today:

"If you see someone without a smile, give them yours."
- by Dolly Parton

❤️💙❤️💙🥰💙❤️💙❤️

My quote today is from Michael Bond's Paddington Bear: "If you're kind and polite, the world will be right!" 

Paddington is and will always be my favourite bear on television and as a stuffed animal. 

Also Ben Whishaw's Voice Acting is perfection! I dislike the German one! 

@AntheaHolmes Awww! That's a sweet statement. 😊 And I think there is some truth in it, even though it's not always as easy as that.

I admit I'm not familiar with the Paddington Bear movie, although I've seen pictures of the cute bear. 🤗

Hey again. Here's my quotes for today. :)

"If you are a dreamer, come in. If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, a hoper, a prayer, a magic-bean-buyer. If you are a pretender, come sit by my fire, for we have some flax-golden tales to spin. Come in! Come in!" – Shel Silverstein

"When I sound the fairy call, gather here in silent meeting, Chin to knee on the orchard wall, cooled with dew and cherries eating. Merry, merry, take a cherry, mine are sounder, mine are rounder, Mine are sweeter for the eater, when the dews fall, and you’ll be fairies all." – Emily Dickinson

"Cinderella walked on broken glass.

Aurora let a whole lifetime pass.

Bell fell in love with a hideous beast.

Jasmine married a common thief.

Ariel walked on land for love and life.

Snow White barely escaped the knife.

Rapunzel had to find a new dream.

Tiana kissed her prince and turned green.

Mulan left to be a man.

Pocahontas stayed to save her land.

It’s all about smiles and tears; Because love means facing your biggest fears." – Unknown