Sneeze Fetish Forum

Let's share our favourite quotes

kiku

2 minutes ago, AngelRain said:

"If you are a dreamer, come in. If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, a hoper, a prayer, a magic-bean-buyer. If you are a pretender, come sit by my fire, for we have some flax-golden tales to spin. Come in! Come in!" – Shel Silverstein

Thank you, @AngelRain! I especially like the one above. It's wonderful. ❤️

Interesting poem about all those Disney heroines! 👍

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kiku

• AngelRain

• AntheaHolmes

• sneezefan222

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, kiku said:

Thank you, @AngelRain! I especially like the one above. It's wonderful. ❤️

Interesting poem about all those Disney heroines! 👍

Yeah the Shel Silverstein one is one of my favorites. I originally found it as a teen on a fansite dedicated to Zoisite from Sailor Moon who I was obsessed with at that time. The quote has stuck with me all these years. :)

1 minute ago, AngelRain said:

Yeah the Shel Silverstein one is one of my favorites. I originally found it as a teen on a fansite dedicated to Zoisite from Sailor Moon who I was obsessed with at that time. The quote has stuck with me all these years. :)

I can understand that! Wise words can stuck with us for a long time if they have a special meaning for us. ❤️

Well, it's past midnight here, so I'll be back tomorrow with another quote. Good night! 🌚

2 minutes ago, kiku said:

I can understand that! Wise words can stuck with us for a long time if they have a special meaning for us. ❤️

Well, it's past midnight here, so I'll be back tomorrow with another quote. Good night! 🌚

Good night! I look forward to reading everyone's new quotes tomorrow. :)

Good morning! (Although it's almost noon here. 🌥️)

"When you are born with wings, you should do anything you can and use them to fly."
- by Florence Nightingale

🐦🦋🦋🦋🐦

21 hours ago, kiku said:

@AntheaHolmes Awww! That's a sweet statement. 😊 And I think there is some truth in it, even though it's not always as easy as that.

I admit I'm not familiar with the Paddington Bear movie, although I've seen pictures of the cute bear. 🤗

Oh you should definitely watch it. It's just adorable! Really. 🐻

I also really love this quote. 🌻Kindness is so important in these uncertain times. 

2 hours ago, AntheaHolmes said:

I also really love this quote. 🌻Kindness is so important in these uncertain times. 

That's true! Even just a little bit of kindness in our every day life can change so much for the better. ❤️

Feeling a little sad today but here are some quotes that I wanted to share.

"Sticks and stones are hard on bones, aimed with angry art. Words can sting like anything, but silence breaks the heart." – Phyllis McGinley

"And it was in such a way as to be called magical by some, by others a stretch of the imagination. That in this hollow, hidden in the forest, an instant of enchantment passed my way. Where upon nights air impassioned fireflies alight, to whispered dreams in gentle flight. A silent morning breath awakes my soul to rest at ease, my mind in fairies to believe." - Goatman (Tink's dad)

I'm not 100% sure where the second quote came from. When I first came across it, it was attributed to Goatman, Tink's dad so that's what I wrote down when I saved it.
If anyone knows anything different, please let me know.

@AngelRain ❤️🌷🤗

I don't know the second quote either, but I really like the magical atmosphere...

Here is my quote for today:

“We're here for a reason. I believe a bit of the reason is to throw little torches out to lead people through the dark.”
- by Whoopi Goldberg

💙💚💙💜💚💙💚

18 hours ago, kiku said:

That's true! Even just a little bit of kindness in our every day life can change so much for the better. ❤️

Yas! It's so important! 

I also like this quote "Kill 'em with Kindness!" I think it fits well. 

8 hours ago, kiku said:

@AngelRain ❤️🌷🤗

I don't know the second quote either, but I really like the magical atmosphere...

“We're here for a reason. I believe a bit of the reason is to throw little torches out to lead people through the dark.”
- by Whoopi Goldberg

💙💚💙💜💚💙💚

Love me some Whoopi Goldberg. Sister Act is a huge favorite! 

17 minutes ago, AntheaHolmes said:

I also like this quote "Kill 'em with Kindness!" I think it fits well. 

I agree!

Oh, you're also a Whoopi fan? I love Sister Act - I don't know how many times I've watched it, I still hugely enjoy it every time! 😀 All the other actresses are wonderful too. And the music!!! :music:

My quotes for today. :)

"Some say the world will end in fire. Some say in ice. From what I've tasted of desire, I hold with those who favor fire. But if it had to perish twice, I think I know enough of hate, to say that for destruction, ice is also great, and would suffice." - Robert Frost

"With their qualities of cleanliness, discretion, affection, patience, dignity, and courage, how many of us, I ask you, would be capable of becoming cats?" - Fernand Mery

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion." - Unknown

@AngelRain Thank you again! Especially the quotes about the features of a cat and a dog are so insightful and touching. ❤️

My quote for today:

"I am simple, complex, generous, selfish, unattractive, beautiful, lazy, and driven."
- by Barbra Streisand

🧡💛🧡💛🌻🧡💛🧡💛

My quote for today:

“Forgive the past. It is over. Learn from it and let go. People are constantly changing and growing. Do not cling to a limited, disconnected, negative image of a person in the past. See that person now. Your relationship is always alive and changing.”
- by Brian Weiss

🌠🌠🌠🌠 🌓 🌠🌠🌠🌠

I just came across this in a book I'm reading and I liked it so much I had to share it.

"It's not what you are that holds you back.  It's what you think you are not." -Denis Waitley, author

@SleepingPhlox Very wise words, and so true! I definitely have experienced this. 👍

I found this quote today:

"Happiness is spiritual, born of truth and love. It is unselfish; therefore, it cannot exist alone but requires all mankind to share it."
- by Mary Baker Eddy

🍀🍀🍀🌓🍀🍀🍀

Today's quote:

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right, for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do and damned if you don't."
- by Eleanor Roosevelt

🌠🌠🌠🌠♀️🌠🌠🌠🌠

• 2 weeks later...

Time for another quote!

"We all have two lives. The second one starts when we realize that we only have one."
- by Tom Hiddleston

🌳🌳🌘🌳🌳

“Every child is an artist. The problem is to remain an artist once they grow up.” -Pablo Picasso

(I'm reading a lot of books on acting at the moment, and boy do they all have some fire quotes in them!)

@SleepingPhlox Thank you for sharing this quote which is very true and inspiring! 🌳

My quote for today is:
"The man who asks a question is a fool for a minute. The man who does not ask is a fool for life:"
- by Confucius

I really need to remember that next time I - which happens much too often - feel too embarrassed to ask about something I don't understand...

My quote for today is:

"The best protection any woman can have is courage."
- by Elizabeth Cady Stanton

🌿🌿🌿🌿♀️🌿🌿🌿🌿

• 3 weeks later...

"To achieve the possible, we must attempt the impossible again and again."
- by Hermann Hesse

🌳🌳🌳🌗🌳🌳🌳

My quote for today is from an Austrian writer from the 19th century:

"If there is a faith which can move mountains, it is the faith in one's own strength."
 - by Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach

🗻🗻🗻🗻🌊🌗🌊🗻🗻🗻🗻

• 3 weeks later...

My quote for today which has been accompanying me for some time now:

"Nothing is more powerful than an idea whose time has come."
- by Victor Hugo

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌍🌊🌊🌊🌊