Sneeze Fetish Forum

Spiritual messages of all kinds - new version

kiku

Today's spiritual guide is Polik-mana (Butterfly Maiden).
She is a spirit being in Hopi mythology. Every spring she dances from flower to flower, pollinating the fields and flowers, and bringing life-giving rain to the desert of Arizona.

I imagine her message to be like this: "Take good care of yourself during the long cold season, so when spring comes, you will be recharged with fresh energy and blossom to your full, creative self."

(Image shared by Eleatell on pixabay.com)

Schmetterlingsfrau Eleatell.jpg

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kiku

• AntheaHolmes

• Leekermly

• Melody

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Today's goddess is Brigid.
She is a Celtic goddess of pre-Christian Ireland and also appears in Irish mythology as one of the Tuatha Dé Dannan. It's suggested by historians that Brigid was syncretized with the Christian Saint Brigid.
She represents healing, poetry, and smithcraft.

I imagine her message to be like this: "Use your creative power! All your endeavours are blessed."

(Image shared by Eleatell on pixabay.com)

Brigid Eleatell.jpg

Today's goddess is Mama Qucha , also known in Spanish as Mama Cocha.
She was worshipped by the Inca as the goddess of all water bodies: The sea, lakes, rivers, and even human made water courses. She is the guardian of sailors and fishermen.

I imagine her message to be like this: "You may feel as if you are just a drop in the ocean. But every little drop is important. Bless you for being a part of this beautiful ocean."

(Image created by Crazylology, shared on pixabay.com)

mama qucha crazylology.jpg

Today's goddess is Iris.
In Greek mythology she is the personification of the rainbow, and one of the goddesses of the sea and the sky.
She is also a messenger between gods and goddesses.
I imagine her message to be like this: "Speak from your heart, and you will be understood."

(Image created by EvaMichalkova, shared on pixabay.com)

rainbow 1 EvaMichalkova.png

Today's spiritual guide is Elen of the Hosts.
Elen was a historical person who lived in the 4th century as the daughter of a Romano-British ruler. However, British, Welsh, and Celtic mythology reveals that she has been worshipped since ancient times as a goddess of the wild woods.
The historical Elen married the Roman emperor Magnus Maximus, founded several churches, and is considered a saint in the Welsh church. She is remembered for having her husband build roads across her country so that soldiers could more easily defend it from attackers, so she earned the name "Elen of the Hosts" or "Elen of the Ways".

I imagine her message to be like this: "I prepare the path for you, and watch over you as you travel."

(Image created by Surprising_Shots, shared on pixabay.com)

elen surprising shots.jpg

Edited by kikuwitch

Today's goddess is Ama no uzume.
In Japanese Shinto mythology, she is the goddess of dawn, cheerfulness, meditation, and the arts.
When one day the sun goddess, Amaterasu (see my posting on the previous page), was very upset about her brother, the storm god Susano-o who created a lot of chaos, she hid inside a cave so that the world turned dark without her light. To make her come out again, Ama no uzume performed a cheerful, sensuous dance in front of the cave, while all the deities were watching her. All the music and laughter made Amaterasu curious, so she came out of the cave - which brought the light back into the world.

I imagine her message to be like this: "Come on! Don't dwell on negative things. Seize the day, enjoy every hour to the fullest. Let your heart dance."

(Image created by BarbeeAnne, shared on pixabay.com)

uzume BarbeeAnne.jpg

Edited by kiku

Today's goddess is Guanyin,  also known as Kannon in Japanese.
She is the Goddess of Mercy in Buddhism.
In Kamakura, Japan, there is a temple named Ofuna Kannon, which has a big statue of the goddess (25 metres high). As Kannon is said to help women have a safe childbirth, pregnant women go there to worship her.

I imagine her message to be like this: “Don’t judge other people. Open your heart to love.”

(Image: Photo of Ofuna Kannon by S. Fukasawa. Source: Wikipedia)

Kannon.jpg

Dear @AntheaHolmes, thank you! Danke schön! I'm so happy you're enjoying this thread. ❤️😊

Today's goddess is Epona.
She is a Celtic goddess of fertility, and the Romans worshipped her as a protector of horses, ponies, donkies, and mules.

I imagine her message to be like this: “Trust me, and I will guide you safely all along your ways.”

(Image createdby oriole1j, shared on pixabay.com)

oriole1j.jpg

5 minutes ago, kiku said:

Dear @AntheaHolmes, thank you! Danke schön! I'm so happy you're enjoying this thread. ❤️😊

Today's goddess is Epona.
She is a Celtic goddess of fertility, and the Romans worshipped her as a protector of horses, ponies, donkies, and mules.

I imagine her message to be like this: “Trust me, and I will guide you safely all along your ways.”

(Image createdby oriole1j, shared on pixabay.com)

oriole1j.jpg

Dear @kiku, would love to learn more about Celtic Gods and Goddesses. So fascinating. Not the biggest fan of horses ( I find them intimidating) but they beautiful nonetheless. 

Dear @AntheaHolmes Oh yes, standing right in front of a horse really makes you realize how big they actually are! 😅 (Although the one in the picture above I chose for an image of Epona is is quite small and cute - probably a foal.) I agree they are beautiful creatures. 🐎

1 hour ago, kiku said:

Dear @AntheaHolmes Oh yes, standing right in front of a horse really makes you realize how big they actually are! 😅 (Although the one in the picture above I chose for an image of Epona is is quite small and cute - probably a foal.) I agree they are beautiful creatures. 🐎

I find all Horses or Foals or Ponies intimidating. I'm only 1,57 m or 5'1. I once had a teacher that was 2,3 m and he did maths. Uff. Intimidating 

On 11/12/2023 at 7:39 PM, kiku said:

@AntheaHolmes Whoa! 2,3 m, that's huge!... I can relate to that since I'm only 1,62 m myself. 🤣

Ja. It was intimidating, much more because I suck at maths and he wouldn't believe me. 😜

@AntheaHolmes LOL, that's another thing we have in common - I suck at maths too. 🤣

But that brings me back to our topic of quotes and messages that make you think and - maybe - can help us find peace in our minds:

“The saddest aspect of life right now is that science gathers knowledge faster than society gathers wisdom.”
- by Isaac Asimov

16 hours ago, kiku said:

@AntheaHolmes LOL, that's another thing we have in common - I suck at maths too. 🤣

But that brings me back to our topic of quotes and messages that make you think and - maybe - can help us find peace in our minds:

“The saddest aspect of life right now is that science gathers knowledge faster than society gathers wisdom.”
- by Isaac Asimov

Oh my. I love Asimov. This is such a nice quote. 

Today's goddess is Gaia.
In Greek mythology, she is the personification of the Earth, and the ancestral mother of all life.

I imagine her message to be like this: “All living beings are one.”

(Image created by David_Do, shared on pixabay.com)

Gaia David_Do.jpg

Today's goddess is Nyx.
In Greek mythology, she is the personification of the night. She is the sister of Gaia (see my posting above).

I imagine her message to be like this: “Don’t be afraid of the darkness inside your soul. It contains deep wisdom.”

(Image shared by darksouls1 on pixabay.com)

Nyx darksouls1.jpg

21 hours ago, kiku said:

Today's goddess is Nyx.
In Greek mythology, she is the personification of the night. She is the sister of Gaia (see my posting above).

I imagine her message to be like this: “Don’t be afraid of the darkness inside your soul. It contains deep wisdom.”

(Image shared by darksouls1 on pixabay.com)

Nyx darksouls1.jpg

Such a beautiful picture. Always happy to learn something new. 

I found another Roman goddess: Diana. She's the virgin goddess of hunting and the moon. 

I also found: Sol. He's the Roman god of the sun. In Greek mythology he would be Helios.