Sneeze Fetish Forum

Spiritual messages of all kinds - new version

kiku

@Mygyn Thank you! ❤️

@AntheaHolmes Thank you for reminding us of Diana - I've posted about her on page 1. Her Greek name is Artemis. 🌔

Also, thank you for pointing out Sol aka Helios, the sun god! ☀️ I'll be back with a new goddess / spiritual guide a bit later. First I'm going to have breakfast. 🍳

It's a grey, rainy November day which makes it feel good to be safely inside, warm and cosy... 😊

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kiku

• AntheaHolmes

• Leekermly

• Melody

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow, that's amazing!... We were just talking about sun deities - and here I am, pulling a card out of my goddess oracle deck - and it's another sun goddess! ☀️

Today's goddess is Yhi.
In the mythology of the Gamilaraay, an Aboriginal Australian people, she is the personification of the sun and a creator spirit.

I imagine her message to be like this: “Use my light and warmth to grow into the person you are meant to be.”

(Image created by britaseifert on pixabay.com)

yhi by britaseifert.jpg

@AntheaHolmes Thank you for your kind support! ❤️

Today's goddess is Metis.
In Greek mythology, she is one of the Oceanids (nymphs whose sphere of action is the sea and rivers). Metis stands for intelligence, wise councel, as well as magical cunning.

I imagine her message to be like this: “Use your wits! Always remember you’ve got the mental capability to solve any problem.”

(Image shared by Artie_Navarre on pixabay.com)

Metis by Artie_Navarre.jpg

Today's goddess is Nike.
In Greek mythology, she is the goddess of victory. The Romans called her Victoria.
I imagine her message to be like this: “Never give up! You are stronger than you think.”

(Image created by darksouls1, shared on pixabay.com)

Nike by darksouls1.jpg

6 hours ago, kiku said:

Today's goddess is Nike.
In Greek mythology, she is the goddess of victory. The Romans called her Victoria.
I imagine her message to be like this: “Never give up! You are stronger than you think.”

Nike by darksouls1.jpg

Oh, I know her. Yay! She was the inspiration for the Brand name of "Nike"! 

@AntheaHolmes Thank you for your comment! ❤️

Today's spiritual guide is Hildegard of Bingen.
Also known as Saint Hildegard, she was born around 1098 and lived until 1179. Hildegard was a German Benedictine abbess, and an ingenious scientist of many fields: She was a medical writer, a healing practitioner, a composer, a philosopher, and a visionary.

This is one of her messages I particularly like:
“Be the sun through your teaching, be the moon through your adaptability, be the wind through your firm guidance, be the air through your gentleness, be like fire through the beautiful speech of your instruction.”

(Quoted and translated from https://gutezitate.com/zitat/172291 )
Image: A wall hanging showing Saint Hildegard in the “Heilig Geist” church in Frankfurt, Germany. Image shared by Urmelbeauftragter on Wikipedia. https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0

The writing on the left says, "Wisse die Wege" (= "Know the Ways") which is the title of an illustrated work by Hildegard describing 26 religious visions she experienced. The original Latin title is "Scivias".

Hildegard.jpg

Edited by kiku
Just now, kiku said:

@AntheaHolmes Thank you for your comment! ❤️

Today's spiritual guide is Hildegard of Bingen.
Also known as Saint Hildegard, she was born around 1098 and lived until 1179. Hildegard was a German Benedictine abbess, and an ingenious scientist of many fields: She was a medical writer, a healing practitioner, a composer, a philosopher, and a visionary.

This is one of her messages I particularly like:
“Be the sun through your teaching, be the moon through your adaptability, be the wind through your firm guidance, be the air through your gentleness, be like fire through the beautiful speech of your instruction.”
(Quoted and translated from https://gutezitate.com/zitat/172291 )
Image: A wall hanging showing Saint Hildegard in the “Heilig Geist” church in Frankfurt, Germany. Image shared by Urmelbeauftragter on Wikipedia. https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0

The writing on the left says, "Wisse die Wege" (= "Know the Ways") which is the title of an illustrated work by Hildegard describing 26 religious visions she experienced. The original Latin title is "Scivias".

Hildegard.jpg

Oh my @kiku, Hildegard is one of my absolute favourites! She's truly an inspiration! Both religious and spiritual. I also truly believe she was one of the first known feminist, even though not in the "traditional feminist" way. 

Again, thank you, @AntheaHolmes! Danke schön! 😊
Yes, Hildegard was indeed a very strong, independent woman who was not intimidated by anyone, not even by the Emperor Barbarossa. She disputed with abbots and bishops, spoke her mind to the pope, and in her medical books, she wrote in a rather modern way about sexual desire in men AND women. I mean - that was the 12th century!...

Edited by kiku
9 hours ago, kiku said:

Again, thank you, @AntheaHolmes! Danke schön! 😊
Yes, Hildegard was indeed a very strong, independent woman who was not intimidated by anyone, not even by the Emperor Barbarossa. She disputed with abbots and bishops, spoke her mind to the pope, and in her medical books, she wrote in a rather modern way about sexual desire in men AND women. I mean - that was the 12th century!...

Yeah. She's just amazing! Another strong and independent yet religious woman was Jeanne D'Arc. Not only a saint but also the national hero of France. So awesome! 

@AntheaHolmes Ah, Jeanne d'Arc (Joan of Arc)... I know what you mean. She definitely is a very important personality for France, no doubt. The problem I have when thinking about her is that her life story makes me so sad. First of all, I have issues with anything war-related. And then she was burned at the stake at age 19!... This is so horrible. I definitely respect Jeanne d'Arc for what she accomplished, for everything she went through and suffered, I really respect her, but I can't see her as a spiritual guide - for myself. (I have no problem if anybody feels differently about this, of course.)
☀️

Today's spiritual guide is White Buffalo Calf Woman.
She is worshipped by the Lakotah for having brought to them the “Seven Sacred Rites” to protect Mother Earth.

I imagine her message to be like this: “Give thanks to Mother Earth every day! She nurtures and blesses us with everything we need.”

(Image created by Roses_Street, shared on pixabay.com)

Small White buffalo calf woman Roses_Street.jpg

Edited by kiku
  • 2 weeks later...

Merry Christmas everybody! 🎄

Today, on Christmas Eve, our spiritual guide is Mother Mary.

I imagine her message to be like this: "Let's hope and pray together for peace on Earth. What the world desperately needs is love and reconciliation. We are all one."

(Image created by Geralt, shared on pixabay.com)

Maria 2.jpg

Today's spiritual guide is Druantia.

She is a Celtic goddess of the trees, also known as “queen of the druids”.
Druantia stands for the protection of trees as well as humans. She is also associated with fertility, passion, and creativity.

I imagine her message to be like this: "Take the time to go out into nature. Sit down under a tree, close your eyes, and breathe deeply. You will feel fresh energy flow through your body, and a wave of creativity will fill your mind.”

Druantia by darksouls1.jpg

On 12/31/2023 at 6:34 PM, kiku said:

Today's spiritual guide is Druantia.

She is a Celtic goddess of the trees, also known as “queen of the druids”.
Druantia stands for the protection of trees as well as humans. She is also associated with fertility, passion, and creativity.

I imagine her message to be like this: "Take the time to go out into nature. Sit down under a tree, close your eyes, and breathe deeply. You will feel fresh energy flow through your body, and a wave of creativity will fill your mind.”

Druantia by darksouls1.jpg

I love Celtic things. Ancient and fascinating. 

• 2 weeks later...

Today's spiritual guide is White Tara.

She is a Buddhist saviour goddess who is associated with maternal compassion and healing.

I imagine her message to be like this: “I will guide you all along your spiritual path, until you find enlightenment and peace.”

(Image created by _Sonoko_, shared on pixabay.com)

White Tara by _Sonoko_.jpg

Edited by kiku
7 hours ago, kiku said:

Today's spiritual guide is White Tara.

She is a Buddhist saviour goddess who is associated with maternal compassion and healing.

I imagine her message to be like this: “I will guide you all along your spiritual path, until you find enlightenment and peace.”

(Image created by _Sonoko_, shared on pixabay.com)

White Tara by _Sonoko_.jpg

Simply beautiful. 

Today's spiritual guide is Yuki Onna.

Her name means “snow woman”. In Japanese folklore, she is a spirit born of ice and snow. According to the various folk tales all over Japan, Yuki Onna can be either evil (disorienting people in the snow) or good (leading people to safety when they are lost in the snow). My favourite story is the one that portrays Yuki Onna as a princess of the Moon, who out of curiosity came down to Earth together with snow. Unable to return to her own world, she stayed here, and sometimes appears on a snowy moonlit night.

I imagine her message to be like this: “Watch carefully, and you will find me. I can tell you stories full of wisdom from a land far, far away.”

(Image created by AlanFrijns, shared on pixabay.com)

Yuki Onna by AlanFrijns.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I find it very interesting how spiritually connected you are. I tend to be same too but I’m new to it.. Grew up in a Christian home etc.. but I still pray but to God you know…what do you believe in? @kiku

Hi @Barbie , thanks for checking in! 🌻

I believe in God, independently of any religion. I respect any religion and belief. I believe - but this is only my own personal way of thinking, I would never try to convince anybody or say it would be wrong to see it differently - I believe that the "source" of all religion and belief systems is the same, and that the form and the name of that source varies due to cultural differences.
To me, what matters is what we all share, and not what separates us.
🙏

5 hours ago, kiku said:

Hi @Barbie , thanks for checking in! 🌻

I believe in God, independently of any religion. I respect any religion and belief. I believe - but this is only my own personal way of thinking, I would never try to convince anybody or say it would be wrong to see it differently - I believe that the "source" of all religion and belief systems is the same, and that the form and the name of that source varies due to cultural differences.
To me, what matters is what we all share, and not what separates us.
🙏

Yes I completely agree with you! You seem like a very kind soul. Bless your heart @kiku

@kiku love this thread. so nice to always learn something new about other religions and faith, especially with lent coming up. 

Edited by AntheaHolmes