Sneeze Fetish Forum

The Boss and I

jai_is_bae?

Of course it would rain on Sienna's first day on the job; and it's not like a rain that just dampens your mood, no it's the type of rain that dampens you and your mood and drenches everything in its path. She closed the door to her bedroom and pulled down on her skirt that barely covered her knees. "Come on Mandy, we're late," she called down the hall before walking towards the kitchen.

"I made some cranberry orange coffee cake muffins," Vivian, her other roommate, announced as she crossed the threshold into the kitchen. Her apron was covered in batter and flour, some of which was also on her brunette curls.

"Oh wow, they look amazing. You however; look a little wild."

"Whatever. Mandy tell Sienna I look beautiful."

"I never said you didn't."

But Mandy didn't seem to pay attention to either of the girls, too busy stuffing her face with one of the muffins. "New recipe," she asked, hand over mouth as she paused chewing to talk.

"Yes, I wasn't sure how well the cranberry orange would go with the streusel."

"It's good, try one Sisi."

"One, stop eating with your mouth full and two, we're going to be late. And it's my first day so I'd rather not be late."

"Oh calm down, I'm late all the time." Mandy handed her one of the muffins.

"That's going to have to stop too, this is new management."

"Not new."

"Ok but new to you. Isn't this the CEO of Holland-Thorne Marketing Group's son?"

"Yes but he is known throughout the company for being a playboy."

"So?"

"So he is unserious."

"If you say so. Still I don't want to be late so hurry up."

"Ok I'm coming."

They made it to work with minutes to spare. Sienna followed Mandy to the front desk on the fourth floor where Mandy took her seat.

"Where is the office?"

"His office is straight ahead."

The lights were off. Was he late?

"See even he's late."

"So?"

"So if he can be late so can-," she cut herself off.

"I can't believe he'd be late on his first day."

"Sienna shh," Mandy whisper yelled.

Sienna turned around to see a man who was soaked to the bone walking away from them, towards the office. Great that just happened to be him.

"Do you think he heard," she asked once he was out of earshot, watching him as she waited for Mandy to answer.

"For your sake I hope he didn't."

She watched him grab something out of his bag and then he turned towards his window, away from whoever could have been or was watching. He pulled his soaked shirt off, exposing his toned back before pulling another shirt on.

"Oh my god," Sienna said without thinking.

"Wait until you see his older brother Christian."

"He looks better than him?"

"Way."

"Let me see."

It took Mandy all of ten seconds to pull up a picture of Christian Holland.

"I don't know Mandy, Theo's pretty hot."

"Hmm ok. Oh I think you should go introduce yourself, he looks a little more...settled."

Sienna turned around and giggled as her eyes landed on the man who was now seated at the desk. She didn't know if she was imagining it, but it looked as though he was staring. At her? She made her way to the office, swallowing hard. She knocked and when he motioned for her to come in, she walked in and closed the door behind her.

"Who are you," he questioned, accent thick and voice deeper than she imagined.

"Your n-new assistant." She cursed herself for stuttering but geez he was a very handsome man who about a minute ago had his shirt off.

He looked her over for a minute, then, "Very well. I need coffee, caramel macchiato from Starbucks."

"Oh ok."

"I'll take it venti."

"Ok...Are you hungry?"

"If I was I would tell you to pick me up something to eat, just the coffee."

A little harsh. "Ok coming right up."

She went to Starbucks and when she returned, there was a woman in his office. She contemplated attempting to open the door to see if she could go in. Or should she knock? Maybe she should leave them alone. She settled on knocking which was met with both parties turning around and Theo waving her in.

"You were saying," Theo asked the woman.

But instead of picking back up where Sienna assumed they'd left off, the woman pitched forward with, "Eshiew! Eshiew! Eshiew! Ehh..eeishiew!" All uncovered, germs visibly spraying towards Theo. "Excuse me, I'm one of the graphic artists."

Theo’s face immediately turned sour, visible disgust on his face as his eyes lingered on the area in the air where the spray from her sneezes had just misted. It was almost as if he was staring like he could see the now invisible germs. "Are you ill,” he asked slowly.

"Um maybe a tiny bit."

"There will be no illness in the building, I cannot afford to fall sick right now. Go home."

"But who's going to cover me?"

"How many graphic artists do we have?"

"What?"

"You said you are one of them, how many are there?"

"Six."

"I think five is enough, we should be able to fair just fine."

She stood there shocked.

"Is there anything else? Please. You are contaminating my office with your germs."

She left, a mixture of emotions written on her face. Sienna stood there processing what had just happened and how to carry on after that, anger clearly winning on which emotions she felt. Sure she had submitted him to probable contagion, but there was no need to speak to her as if she was a peasant.

"Oh yes my macchiato," he said, "Thank you assistant."

It felt like her blood had started to boil, he wasn’t going to treat her like a peasant too. "Sienna," she corrected.

"Ok then...Sienna."

"That is my name. My name isn't assistant."

"Ok. Anything else?"

She looked around, for who he thought he was talking to. Her eyes landed on Mandy at her desk down past the common area and she was reminded that Mandy had gotten her this job and that she couldn't tarnish Mandy's reputation.

"No I'm good."

"I'll need your number in case I need you. I'm not looking everywhere for you, I have way more important things to take care of."

She felt like gritting her teeth and she had to take some deep breaths before giving her number to him.

"Anything else," she asked, meaning the question in the pettiest way possible.

He looked up at her. She could feel the tension, her heart racing a bit. He was also overwhelmingly hot which did not make the whole heart racing situation any better. "That'll be all."

She made her way back out to Mandy, who was on her desk phone, and let out the breath she'd been holding.

"Yes Mr. Marino, 9 am. See you then." Mandy hung up and turned to Sienna. "So that was Caesar Marino who works directly with Florentino Leone."

"No way."

"Yea I was shocked when he said who he was too. Apparently he wants to meet with Theo at 9."

"That's in an hour. Where are they meeting?"

"It's about 20 minutes from here. Have you heard of Marta's?"

"No."

"They just opened up, it's an italian restaurant."

"Hm."

"Yea I'm gonna go tell him, watch the desk."

"What? What do you mean watch the desk?" She walked away before explaining any further. Sienna watched Mandy and Theo. Theo nodded after a minute and then Mandy turned and made her way back toward the desk. Past Mandy she could see Theo looking at her. He grabbed his phone and then Mandy interrupted the attention Sienna had placed on him.

"Are you going to eat Vivian's muffin?"

"I need to at least try it so I don't get the cold shoulder." Her phone buzzed and she pulled it out to read the message. Theo—We need to leave in thirty minutes. Sienna-We? Theo—Yes we. You are accompanying me, you are to be where I am unless I tell you otherwise. Sienna-Ok. She put her phone away and turned to Mandy, "So I'm going with Theo to meet with Caesar."

"Oh really? A date with Theo already?"

Sienna rolled her eyes, "Give me some of that muffin."

Twenty-five minutes later Theo opened the door to his office and walked towards Mandy's desk.

"Let's go." He started walking towards the elevator. Sienna was up a second later and grabbing her umbrella as she said a quick goodbye to Mandy. She managed to catch up to him, barely making it onto the elevator as the doors had begun to close. She side eyed Theo, but it didn't seem to have any effect on him. The elevator ride was silent and they remained silent as they exited the building.

Sienna put up her umbrella in preparation of stepping out into the downpour. She looked to him as the rain began pelting her umbrella, watching him quickly become soaked. "No umbrella," she asked.

"No."

"You can share mine."

"No." He sniffled.

She quickly took the amount of steps it took to be perpendicular to him and raised the umbrella so it shielded his tall frame.

"Don't get wet," he said. She smiled at the caring remark, not caring about his cold tone. That was until he added, "I can't afford for you to get sick and become another chance for spreading germs." She brought her umbrella back down to cover only herself.

They got to his blacked out BMW M4 and they climbed in. After closing her umbrella and then her door, she was repositioning herself in the chair when she caught a harsh shiver run through him.

"Are you going to wear that," she asked as she eyed the soaked shirt that clung to his body, creasing so she could see the outline of his muscles.

"Of course not."

They were quiet the rest of the ride save a few sniffles from Theo towards the beginning. Once it'd warmed up a bit in his car, they'd occurred less and less until they stopped. They pulled up to Marta's and got out.

"Let's get up to the awning and I'll give you my umbrella so you can change in your car and then keep dry on the way back up here. I'll wait for you."

"There's a perfectly good bathroom inside."

"And do you want the possibility of Caesar catching you changing?"

"I don't see harm there."

"Sure wear regular clothes to an upscale Italian restaurant, change in their bathroom that could possibly go past our table that he could possibly be seated at and then try to make a good first impression."

"Fine, fine. Just please stop talking before you get my mind overthinking." She handed over her umbrella and waited for him. It wasn't too long before he was walking back up to her. He opened the door for her and then walked in. He opened the second door for her and they walked inside the restaurant. "Table for Marino, party of 3."

"Sure follow me," the hostess led them to a table where Caesar was already sat.

“Good morning,” Caesar said as he stood, “Mr. Thorne?”

"Yes. Good morning, I am Theo Thorne from Holland-Thorne Marketing Group," Theo shook hands with Caesar and then turned to Sienna, "And this is my assistant."

"Sienna," she told Caesar as she held her hand out for him to shake. She eyed Theo again.

"Theo, Sienna please sit."

They obeyed, Sienna taking the seat beside Theo and across from the empty chair beside Caesar.

"Hi I'm Ginger and I'll be your waitress. Can I start you off with drinks?"

"I'll have a water," Caesar said.

"I'll have a sprite," Sienna added.

"I'll have scotch on rocks," Theo said earning an observant eye from Caesar. Sienna couldn't tell if it was more disapproving or neutral.

They made small talk, breaking to order food. Then it was right back to small talk in the form of today’s weather, Theo used to rain while Caesar not so much. Then it was some talk about Caesar's pride in his Italian roots, growing up in Sicily. The food came and then came how Caesar had met Florentino once he'd moved to Verona and attended Universita di Verona with him. They shared a dorm while Caesar attended for Communication Studies and Florentino attended for Business Administration.

It was nice to dive into the world of Caesar and Florentino, a culture that was not her own and she became intrigued so she couldn't help but feel a bit disappointed when Caesar said, "Enough about me. Tell me about your company and why you think we should let you represent us."

"My company was founded by my mother from a dream. She would go to different companies, some who were just starting to even some big names in London and show them commercials she'd made for them. Little by little over years she built clientele. Then she reached the U.S and opened up two offices overseas and she's only hoping to get bigger."

"Where do you come in?"

"I'm looking to take over her office overseas so she can focus on clientele and her offices elsewhere."

"How does she expect to expand with you running the show? Aren't you yourself a reformed playboy who just so happened to change only about two years ago?"

"Mr. Marino," his voice rose, "I grew up unwanted, in the shadows of my older brother who was wanted. Forgive my days of countless yearning to be wanted by something, anything." Sienna looked at him, her heart having sunk for him. He looked incredibly beautiful through the lines that creased his breathtaking skin by account of his own disdain. "Excuse me," his voice softened, falling back to his normal volume. "Now? I have a chance to prove my worth to my own mother."

Sienna was expecting Caesar to dissolve into his own bout of anger, but his face stayed calm as it had been, "I, myself, was," he paused seeming to try to gather himself, "Unwanted for a long time. Hopefully you put that passion into your work. Mr. Leone has a couple of other marketing groups that have reached out to him, I hope you can stand out."

Sienna could've passed out in a fan-girl induced swoon, she'd heard him use the slogan that she'd been hearing almost everywhere for the past 5 years and I mean everywhere. She couldn’t even begin to count the times she’s heard or seen those words: Stand Out.

"I always do,” Theo said.

"I have to get back to the office, we'll set up something for...tomorrow? It'll be somewhere secluded so Florentino can show you his new perfume to give you inspiration. I'll talk to Florentino and we'll get all the details together."

"Ok."

"Check please," Caesar called, raising his hand to the waitress that had been working their table.

After the bills were settled, Theo and Sienna made their way back to their building. It was still pouring and Theo rode in his soaked, cold shirt instead of changing into his cardigan. He was sniffling to the point of where it'd become vexing. "You're going to catch a cold," she said as she turned the heat up.

"I don't get colds from the rain," he sniffled again and she watched a harsh shiver run through him.

"Ok but you still should be warm."

The rest of the ride was quiet. As soon as they got in the building and up to the fourth floor, Theo was making his way to change when Mandy alerted Theo, "Kate Arquette is waiting for you in meeting room 3."

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jai_is_bae?

• RipleyToo

• Catsgotyourtounge

• Lunaconner

"Kate Arquette is waiting for you in meeting room 3."

"Why," Theo asked.

"Something serious, she looked kinda distraught."

"Ok I'll change and head up."

He went to change, showing those same back muscles, making Sienna wanna drool again. He was so painfully beautiful. He covered himself with his cardigan, his skin disappearing as quick as it had appeared. He turned around and his and Sienna's eyes locked. Her heart started racing as her eyes darted down.

"Come."

By the time she'd lifted her eyes again he was walking towards the elevators. "O-ok." She quickly met him at the elevator, stepping inside and watching the doors close. Her eyes drifted over to him without her face moving.

"Yes?"

"Nothing."

"You were staring into my office."

"Huh? No." She heard a small noice, sounding like a chuckle and she looked at him to see the slightest smirk on his lips. Oh god, oh god. He looked at her and her heart picked up its pace. They were just looking at each other. Then the elevator dinged signaling they had reached their floor. Theo motioned for her to step out first which she did and then waited for him to lead the way to the meeting room.

"Hello," Theo said as he walked in.

"You must be Theo," Kate beamed as she got up. She made kisses at both sides of his face. "Have you seen the new Lauryn Arquette?"

"I have not yet had the chance to."

She whipped out her phone and showed him a video of some clothing items that either were pink or had strawberries on them or both. At the end of the video was wording and Kate read them sadly as they appeared, "Lauryn Arquette x Strawberry Shortcake."

"Hm not too bad," Theo said.

"I know. They're cute as fuck. That's the problem. I mean me and Lauryn grew up on Strawberry Shortcake, I'm so jealous."

"You guys are twins, isn't the whole thing about twins is that they are supposed to match no matter how god awful and ridiculous they look?"

"Yes we were always in matching outfits when we were growing up."

"So why not match her clothes and your shoes?"

"Oh my god. Brilliant! You're so scrumptious!"

"Get some ideas going and I'll have my team give the franchise owners a call once you have something for me. Also you know you can call anytime."

"Yes I did call and I found that you were out and I couldn't wait. I just needed to talk to you, I was distraught so I came here so we could talk."

"I understand."

"Well I won't hold you up, it seems the matters you were out for was important. So important you couldn't take the time to put an umbrella up. You should dry your hair."

"Oh that's going to be the first thing I do," he gave a soft subtle smile.

"Well I'll leave you to it. Thank you." She gave him the same kisses before leaving.

"Oh wow so he does smile,” Sienna said once it was just the two of them in the quietness of the room.

He looked at her, challenging her with a death stare. She bit her lip, not trying to let him or the tension he created defeat her. She did not want to give in that easily. "Don't bite your lip." She quickly stopped. He walked towards the door and opened it, not bothering to hold it open for her.

"That's not very nice."

They rode in the elevator in silence. "I shouldn't need your company for the rest of the day. Help the receptionist, your friend I assume, if she should need help."

"Her name is Mandy,” she said as the came to the desk where she was sat.

"Yes I was almost positive you'd let me know." He leaned closer to her ear, her feeling his breath as he whispered, "As I'm almost positive you'll keep informing of my employees names as you shall find them out. As if I need to know."

"Yes I will," she said as he leaned away. Was this a challenge?

"What was that," Mandy asked as soon as he was out of earshot.

"He's such an asshole,” she said, eyes trailing him as he walked to his office, “It’s annoying."

"No Sienna."

"What?"

"One he's our boss, two he's not going to date an employee."

"I don't want to date an asshole like him anyway."

"Sure." Mandy must've been waiting to gossip to Vivian because they had barely made it into their apartment when she blurted, "Sienna has a crush on the new boss." Vivian dropped the cake she'd just pulled out of the oven softly but still theatrically onto the counter.

"I do not." She didn't. She didn't look at him enough to notice the light dusting of freckles on his nose and cheeks, hadn't stared at his back muscles every time they'd been exposed, did not care about the way his wet shirt had clung to him enough to see the outline of his chest, the dimples that had flashed when he smiled that one time did not even phase her and that stare-that stare almost way into her soul past her eyes-that stare did not make her heart flutter.

"Sienna," Vivian and Mandy chorused, attempting to return Sienna's attention.

"I'll get over it, he's an asshole anyways," she didn't even bother arguing. They shook their heads, she had to switch the subject. "What kind of cake did you make?"

Mandy squinted at her knowing what she was trying to do. It worked as Vivian lost track of what they'd just been talking about, "Red velvet and strawberries. The customer just got broken up with and the theme is kill love. I have to have it delivered by 9:30."

"Need any help," Sienna asked.

"No," she answered quickly. "I don't need your romance over here ruining the cake."

"What? It's not a romance."

"Yea move along Capulet," Mandy said.

"Who?"

"Romeo and Juliet, Sienna. You read the story don't act like you didn't."

"Both of you are distracting me," Vivian said.

"Sienna is going to a vineyard with Theo tomorrow." Vivian dropped the spoon from the strawberry filling.

"I am," Sienna asked.

"Yes like as soon as we get in, you guys have to be in the car for an hour and go to a vineyard. You will be sipping wine with your new boss and talking with Florentino."

"Oh I have to find something nice to wear."

"Work appropriate."

"Is Mandy Frank really asking me to be professional?"

"Yea, yea I actually kind of like my job so I wanna keep it."

"This is the same place you called boring and you're always late to."

"Ok but most of our coworkers are pretty cool so don't mess this up by pulling a me."

"So no sleeping with the boss," Vivian interjected.

"Matter of a fact what are you thinking," Mandy asked.

"What, do you want me to model for you?"

"That could work," Vivian said.

"You're busy with your murderous cake,” Sienna pointed out, trying to avoid two pairs of judging eyes.

"The cakes have to cool."

"Fine."

Sienna tried on several dresses, strutting down the hall and into kitchen like it was a runway.

"Too long." "Wrong color." "Too grandma-ish." "Too skimpy. Where'd you even get that?" Then she was down to two, strutting down the kitchen in a wine colored satin dress that came just above the knee.

"Ok I actually like that one," Vivian said, "What's the last one though?"

"White lace."

"Yea you're not going to a wedding, this one is perfect," Mandy said.

Sienna was confident until she was getting ready in the morning. She couldn't tell if it was because of Theo, because of her own self-confidence issues, or if it was because this seemed important. Nevertheless she was ready in a timely manner and waiting for Mandy.

"I made raspberry white chocolate chip muffins," Vivian announced.

"This sounds more like a cupcake than a muffin."

"Just try the muffin."

"Ok," Sienna threw her hands up in surrender and then grabbed a muffin. She started eating it as she waited for Mandy.

"What kind of muffins did you make this morning?"

"Raspberry white chocolate chip."

"Sounds good." Mandy grabbed one and then turned to Sienna, "Well come on then, I know you're gonna scold me about not being late." She said it in a playful manner.

"I wasn't."

"Sure."

They arrived at the building and headed up to the fourth floor together. This time Theo was already in his office and he was talking to a man. Both girls hurried to sit and look like they were already immersed in something work related.

"I wonder what Aspen is talking to him about," Mandy thought out loud.

"Aspen?"

"Yea he's a good sound engineer. He's also really funny."

"Hm ok."

Suddenly Aspen opened Theo's door and walked out, walking towards them.

"Morning Aspen," Mandy said, "What's going on?"

"Oh just getting sent hombe."

"What? Why?"

"I'mb sick. I was just telling himb that the Rosales's Mboscato commbercial had a smball hiccup, whend the bubble sound occurs it doesnd't really sound real. But I guess that's Javy and Serenda's problemb ndow."

"Oh I'm sorry."

"It's ok, mby sick leave expires in December, this just gives mbe and excuse to use it. Also you kndow I believe ind karmba so he’s definditely going to get the short end of the stick. See you ind a few days."

"Ok get some rest,” Mandy said.

”Remind me not to get on his bad side,” Sienna told Mandy, eyes following Aspen as he walked to the elevator.

It wasn't too long after he'd left that Theo came out of his office, "Let's go."

"Come on Sienna," She said as if she was talking for him, "Are you ready Sienna?"

He kept walking, not listening to her trying to correct how he was speaking. She sighed and walked towards the elevators. She felt anger well up in her and she was trying to take deep breaths to calm herself down. "You know what," she asked, looking at him. He was leaning up against the wall of the escalator with his eyes closed. The anger suddenly vanished, "You look tired." He opened his eyes and looked at her. "You do." He didn't say anything else, just closed his eyes again.

So this is kind of a slow burn, but it’s worth it :byetele:

Such a beautiful update! Theo sounds like a slow brewing cold is starting up, sounds exciting! I’ll be here waiting for the next installment :) 

"You look tired." He opened his eyes and looked at her. "You do." He didn't say anything else, just closed his eyes again.

The walk out to his car and the whole drive to the vineyard was quiet. It wasn't like yesterday's car travels hadn't been quiet as well, but she could've assumed that the longer ride would've gave them more room for conversation. Theo parked and they got out. He took out his phone and looked at it and then started walking around. He got them lost a couple of times before finally finding private tasting room #7.

"There you two are," a man said as they entered. "You must be Theo and Sienna. I'm-"

"Florentino Leone," Sienna finished for him excitedly. She earned a chuckle from Florentino and of course a hard glare from Theo. She stared back.

"Let the girl have her fun, you know the saying happy wife happy life," Florentino said.

"Oh we're not together."

He smiled, "Oh I've had plenty of these. Anyway, let's start this off the right way. This is Marcello Rossa, flattery in its highest form." He poured them each and himself a glass of the wine and then handed them out. He sipped on his wine, "I would tell you about the wine, but I am not a vintner. Shall we?"

They followed Florentino until the came to the grapevines. "This is Giovanni, my cousin. Our great-great grandfather, Luca Vitale, started his winery called Vitale back at home. When Marcello, Giovanni's father and my uncle, came to America to study abroad his father gave him some seeds and he started growing them in my father's backyard. There", he pointed, "That was my father's house. I only saw him during the summer but that is beside the point."

Somehow they had walked the whole tour route of the vineyard and Florentino was still talking about his family ties. It was during this time that Sienna learned that Florentino too had experienced not being wanted, bounced around between Italy and the US like his parents were playing hot potato. It was also during this time that she had noticed that Theo had begun to sniffle, getting to the point where it was about every couple of minutes.

"Florentino has always talked too much," Giovanni chuckled and clapped Florentino's back, "Let us finally get to the point."

"Ah yes so I made Rossa and Rosso," he paused and pulled out a vile before continuing, "In honor of my heritage." He opened it and let everybody get a whiff. Theo began coughing, stepping away as he tried to get himself together. "Too strong?"

"Oh I don't believe so. I am truly sorry, excuse me."

"Yes of course. So I wanted to choose my new marketing team based on what ideas are created in order to get Rossa in every woman's perfume collection and Rosso in every man's cologne collection. Only you and four others have smelled Rossa by Florentino Leone."

Theo sniffled, "Thank you for the opportunity."

"I trust that we can meet tomorrow to see a rough draft?"

"So soon," Theo asked and then cleared his throat.

"Yes I happen to get impatient when I'm excited. This won't be a problem right?"

Theo thought for a second. His mom loved Florentino Leone and if he let this fall through, there would be nothing that would come even close to how big of a win for the company this would be. "No, no problem at all."

"Good. I'll let you two loose so you can get started. I will get Caesar to reach back out for a time for tomorrow."

"Thank you, it was a pleasure."

"The pleasure was mine. Ciao."

They made their way back to Theo's car, Theo sniffling a couple times as they walked. They made it back to the building and back up to the fourth floor. "Set up a meeting with the graphic design and the sound engineer teams."

"Please?"

Instead of asking please Theo attempted to clear his throat again but it turned into a couple of coughs that died out as he entered his office. Sienna used Mandy's second computer to send out a meeting invite for 2pm which left them about 4 hours in the day to get a really good head start. The meeting went by with Theo leading the team with his own idea for the commercial. That was until Sienna commented that it didn't really stand out much to her, earning a death stare. She shrugged and he carried on talking about his idea for the rest of the meeting. After the meeting she was seated at the desk with Mandy when one of the coworkers that she recognized from the meeting approached her and passed her a note.

-Come to meeting room 2 alone-

She nodded and stuck the note in her pocket quickly. She waited for the man to disappear into one of the elevators, threw a quick glance to make sure Theo wasn't looking, and then followed. She walked past room 1 and stepped inside the next room over where just about everybody from the meeting were sat.

"Hi glad you can join us," one of the women said, "My name is Carla and I along with many of our colleagues here agreed when you said Mr. Thorne's idea didn't stand out. What did you have in mind?"

"What," she asked. She just started this job and was only an assistant. To the boss. "Theo's idea wasn't too bad."

"Nice try," one of the men said with a strong south Asian accent, "You know Mr. Theo isn't the boss? Ms. Madelyn Holland just sent him to get his bearings and give him a chance since Jerry, our last regional manager, and Joey, our last director, quit. Mr. Theo is going to tank Ms. Madelyn's business the way he is going. Then you won't have anybody to be an assistant to."

"Please," Carla begged.

She sighed, "Ok so I was with Theo at the vineyard and Florentino brought up not being wanted. Theo himself told Florentino's right hand that he was unwanted. I'm pretty sure we all have felt unwanted. So I was thinking we can do a girl or a boy who feels unwanted by their parents. Then they are ditched at prom for someone else, again unwanted. As adults they experience watching a group of work friends talking and leaving the boy/girl to sit alone feeling unwanted. Then said girl/guy puts on Rossa/Rosso and their clothing turns red and suddenly they are wanted by everyone."

"Or we can do both," one of the other women said, "And even as they finally become wanted by everyone, they meet and upon realizing their scent they fall in love."

"Perfect," one of the men blurted.

"We'll get to work," Carla confirmed.

"You are still going to make Theo's rough draft right," Sienna asked.

"Duh," the man with the accent said.

"Ok." They all started talking amongst themselves and as seconds went by she realized she was no longer needed. She caught an elevator back down to the fourth floor.

"Where have you been," Mandy asked.

"Bathroom."

"For thirty minutes," she deadpanned.

"Yes for thirty minutes."

"Well I'm finishing a couple emails and then I'll be ready to go."

She zoned out a bit towards the end, catching Theo looking at her again. "Ok," she acknowledged Mandy but truly she wasn't paying attention still and wasn't actively aware that her lips formed a word. "I'll be right back." She walked towards Theo's office and she watched his eyes dart elsewhere. She knocked and didn't wait for him to answer before going in.

"Why do you keep staring at me?"

"What?"

"You keep staring at me. Why? It's creeping me out and then you're like rude and give me death glares. And yet again you are staring at me." He was staring again, lips briefly moving as if to say something but not getting far and his eyes just rested on her face. Her beautiful face. Her dark brown eyes, soft pink lips, the beauty mark on her cheek right below her cheekbone, thick long eyelashes that fluttered as if demanding an answer.

"What," she demanded.

He got up and crossed the floor to her and kept closing the distance even as she began to back up. Then she was up against the wall with nowhere to go, heart thumping through her chest.

"What," she cried out, weakly as she felt walls coming down. Then his lips were on hers, his right hand on the wall. When she didn't pull back he deepened the kiss and they made out for a few seconds. Then he moved down to her neck, his breath making her skin burn with desire. He withdrew, looking into her eyes. She was breathing heavy, head still angled to give him better access to her neck.

"Why the bloody hell," he breathed, head aimed towards the ground. "Who made you my assistant?"

She looked at him, "Joey Clark, the old director."

He chuckled, "Rhetorical Sienna. As in why did you have to be my assistant? We can't. I can't."

"Can't?"

"This violates several policies which, though I wish to break them all, I cannot. Especially not right now." He backed up to look at the receptionist desk where Mandy was twiddling her thumbs. "Mandy's awaiting you."

Her heart dropped yet she nodded.

Next chapter guys I promise :sweatdrop:

Edited by jai_is_bae?

Oh this is getting so much more interesting! Hopefully Theos sneezes will be coming soon. Mr I-hate-germs has the germs.

Her heart dropped and she nodded. She should've listened to Mandy and Vivian, she thought as she tried to gather herself before walking out. She took a deep breath, pausing with her hands on the door.

"Ngk!"

She turned around to see what the source of the sound was. This was just in time to see him jerk towards the crook of his arm, whole torso shaking with each release.

"Ngk! Ngk! Ngk'hh!"

"Bless you."

"Hh..hh," he brought his arm closer to his face, using his other hand to hold it as tight as possible. "Heh'nx'tch'oo!"

"Bless you."

"Thank you."

She looked at him for a few more seconds and then walked out towards Mandy. Mandy looked up a few seconds after she left the office, but waited til she was close to investigate.

"Where were you at? Did you just come out of Theo's office?"

"Yes. Just talking about the big day tomorrow."

"Hm okay. Ready?"

She nodded and they left out together. Sienna drove them home, turning the music up as she was not up to conversation. No sooner had the engine been turned off and the music stopped blaring through the speakers did Mandy look at her, trying to be observant.

"I'm fine Mands," she said, "I'm just a bit nervous for tomorrow."

"Theo's going to do fine if that's what you mean." She gave an assuring smile.

"Good." They got out and headed up to their apartment.

"I'm gonna hop in the shower," Mandy said as Sienna opened the door. There was no reply, Sienna did not move to talk until she heard the bathroom door close and the water turn on.

"Spill," Vivian said.

"What?"

"I didn't stutter SiSi, spill."

"Theo and I kissed."

"Sienna!"

"They were so soft, he's such an amazing kisser. But he said we couldn't."

"I told y-," she cut herself off, sensing this was not the time as Sienna looked at her. "I'm sorry boo, it's for the best anyway. Didn't you say he's an asshole."

"But he's the sexiest asshole, Vivian if you saw him you would understand how painfully sexy this man is."

Vivian smiled. "You're adorable, but you just got curved so you need to get over him no matter how painfully sexy he is."

"Yea you're right."

"I know I am. Now...wanna watch me decorate?"

"Sure. Why not?"

"Ok the theme is sweet pea, I'm going to do yellow, purple, and pink and then it's going to say 'Happy Birthday Sweet Pea."

"That's cute."

"I know right."

The two engaged in conversation until Mandy came out of the shower and joined in.

"That's so beautiful," Mandy gushed over the cake.

"Who wants to come with to deliver the cake?"

They both looked away.

"Fine I'll just get Jeremie to come with me."

"Jeremie," Mandy wiggled her eyebrows.

"He's a good friend."

"As if," Mandy said as she went to get the door for Vivian, "You know I hear you come in late? Yea Vivian I don't think a cake delivery takes five hours."

"Traffic." Mandy rolled her eyes.

Vivian smiled as she took the cake in her hands and walked out. Mandy closed the door behind her and turned to Sienna, "What are you doing the rest of the night?"

"I'm probably going to read and fall asleep, tomorrow is a big day."

"Yea. Well goodnight SiSi."

"Night Mands."

They went to their rooms and Sienna really tried to read, but her mind quickly went to the events of the last 15 minutes of her shift. The way he'd forced her against the wall, the crashing of their lips, how his felt. She was tracing her lips now, imagining the feel of his on hers. She smiled as she slowly let the night fall away.

"Sisi wake up," she opened her eyes to Mandy. "Vivian never came home last night."

"You and I both know where she is."

"Yes but shouldn't she have at least called?"

"Do you call when you're hooking up?"

Mandy rolled her eyes, "No."

"Ok then. Now move and let me get up."

She moved just enough to let Sienna up, it was obvious she wasn't leaving. "Do you know what this means?"

Sienna went to her closet and began changing, "She finally just spent the night instead of hiding that she was there."

"Yes but also..no muffins."

Now it was Sienna's turn to roll her eyes, "Go get dressed. We'll have to just grab something on our way in. That means you have to be ready quicker, now go."

As soon as Mandy had left the room, Sienna looked at herself in the mirror, eyes trailing down to her lips. They curved into a smile because instead of letting this go when she'd received the most obvious shut down, the spark of desire had only been fueled.

"Let's go Mandy," Sienna called. She couldn't wait to get to work.

"Why are you so cheery?"

"Looking forward to my caramel macchiato and vanilla bean scones."

"Oh I'm getting the white chocolate mocha and a coffee cake."

Once they'd gotten to Starbucks and it was their turn in the drive thru, Mandy repeated their order. "Oh get a venti caramel macchiato."

"I'm sorry can I make the macchiato venti," she asked the employee taking orders.

"Sure thing."

"No," Sienna said quickly, "Get another caramel macchiato, make this one grande."

"I'll also take another caramel macchiato, this one I need to be grande."

"Sure thing. Is that all?"

"Yes."

"21.67 is your total."

"Who is the other macchiato for," she asked as she inched towards the drive thru window.

"Theo."

"Sienna!"

"He asked for it on my first day."

"Keyword asked."

"It’s not like I'm spreading my legs."

Mandy started laughing loudly, "I did not expect that."

Once they'd gotten their order, they were on the way to work. Mandy sat at her desk and looked expectantly at Sienna who was looking into the office but not making any movement.

"I didn't pay for Theo to have a watered down macchiato," Mandy said.

Sienna's heart raced but Mandy was right. She began to walk to the office and knocked on his door once she'd came upon it. He had his arm on his desk supporting his head, palm cupping his forehead. He moved slightly, "Come in."

"I got you a caramel macchiato on our way in."

"Thanks." He didn't move so she went to place it in front of him. She was still placing it down, eyes on the cup and the area on his desk where she was setting it. She heard a gasp and looked up to see Theo twist away from her. "Huh'chx'tch! Huh'kx'tch! Huh'kx'tch'uh!"

"Bless you," she said. He didn't move, arm still hovering in front of him.

"Hh..huh'kx'tchoo!

"Bless you."

"Uh'nkx'tch!"

"Bless you."

He sniffled wetly. She looked him over, picking up on the small hints of him being less in health than normal. She knew it wasn't allergies because the only allergy he had was a small shellfish allergy, really only enough to put him out if he had an abundance of shrimp. Yes she actually read about him, she was his assistant after all.

"May I," she asked, reaching for his forehead

This just keeps getting better and better! Is Theo going to play mister tough guy about his cold? Can’t wait for the next part!

"May I," she asked, reaching for his forehead.

"You may not." He moved away, giving her only glimpse at the subtle warmness that was just beginning to work its way into him.

"You feeling ok?"

"I'm fine. Now if there isn't anything else you'd be needing, I'd prefer to be alone right now. I don't need you distracting me."

"Fine. Enjoy your stupid macchiato."

He sighed as she left the office. She walked out to Mandy.

"This is the thanks I get for getting him a coffee."

"What happened?"

"He made me leave."

"Maybe he's in a bad mood."

"He's always in a bad mood," she looked back at him in his office.

"You're the one who likes or 'does not like' him."

"He's an asshole."

"Yes but you knew that."

He flinched forward into his arm, Sienna counting five little bobs of his head. She shook her head, "I think he's coming down with something."

"That's not good, you guys have that meeting with Florentino today."

As time ticked by and it got closer and closer to the meeting, Sienna had tried to ignore Theo but she kept taking glances at him, only two of them returned. Way less than normal. More often than not her glances had found Theo either with his head in his hand or his head bobbing towards his arm. About 30 minutes before the meeting she'd looked at the time and then she'd happened to find herself looking into his office again. Head in hand again. She fought herself on deciding whether to go in and on what could even get her in there.

There was a noise and she looked down to find a tissue box in front of her. She followed the arm that had placed them down to see Mandy. "Take these in there and take this as well." She set a cup down beside the tissues. "It's tea."

"Thanks Mands," she smiled gratefully. She took the tea and the tissue box in hand and walked towards the office. She knocked and he looked over, not moving his head. He waved her in with the hand that didn't currently hold his head.

"Uhh," he turned away from her, holding his arm up.

She walked over to him as his breath kept faltering. She quickly placed the tissue box and cup of tea down on his desk and then held out a tissue, "Here."

He took it and cupped them around his mouth and nose. "Huh'nkx'tch! Nkx'tch! Nnh-nkx'tch!" His breathing still hitched every other second and he kept himself in the same position, waiting. "Huh'chx'tch'hh!" Another hitch-filled pause. "HUH'kx'tch'oo!" He quickly wiped his nose, freckled cheeks taking on an embarrassed blush.

"Bless you."

"Thank you," he sounded like he'd swallowed nails.

"You really don't sound good Theo."

He cleared his throat which caused him to wince, yet he still argued, "I'm fine."

"You sound like a heavy smoker right now."

"I said I'm fine."

"Ok, ok. Damn." She didn't understand why he was so stubborn but she had to do something to ease this deep raspy throaty thing he had going on. She walked out to Mandy. "I'll be right back."

"Where are you going?"

"CVS, he sounds like shit when he talks. I'd rather him not sound like he smokes a pack of day in this meeting. Also with the way he's sounding, I know it has to hurt."

"Oh ok."

She hurried to CVS and back, not pausing in her strides to talk to Mandy when she'd made it to the fourth floor. She went straight to his office. "If you want to pretend to be fine then it's whatever but you sound like shit and our meeting starts in 15 minutes." She threw a pack of cough drops down on his desk and walked out. She stalked back to the desk and didn't take her eyes off of him, waiting for him to take one of the cough drops. Two minutes, a plucking of a tissue, and five rough shutters into the tissue later he opened the bag. He unwrapped one and placed it in his mouth. Score!

She definitely shouldn't have cheered yet because he wasn't out of the clear. When she entered to grab Theo for the meeting he had just wiped his nose not even minutes before. She caught him finishing up wiping his nose as she stepped inside his office.

"You ready?"

"Sure." He sniffled and she could've swore she saw the bottom of his nostrils glistening. He sniffled again and grabbed another tissue. He wiped his reddening nose yet again.

"You should probably blow your nose."

He glared at her. Oh how she'd missed his glaring and staring today. He threw the tissue away, "Let's go."

"Mhm of course." He started walking towards the door. "Are you going to grab the tissues? You might need them the way you're going."

"I don't need them."

"Sure you don't."

She followed him out and to the elevators. "Heh-hh..huh....Huh'nkx'tchoo! Huh'nkx'tch'oo! Huh'kx'tch'ue!" Hitching gasps filled the elevator for the rest of the ride. He rubbed his nose, willing the last two to go away as he stepped off the elevator.

"Bless you."

"Ngk! Ngk'ue!"

"Bless you."

She saw him move out of the corner of her eye and looked to see him rubbing his forehead then he tried to massage his temples. He sniffled a couple of times as they walked down the corridor. They reached meeting room four and walked in.

"Ok guys let's run it through while we wait for Florentino," Theo said.

The commercial played on the screen. The video opened to a black and white video of a woman spraying perfume. The dress she wore turned red immediately after and she began walking through the town, her red dress standing out amongst the crowd. The screen faded to black and then Florentino Leone in a cursive front came across the screen. Everybody glanced at each other noticeably. Could they be anymore obvious?

Sienna's phone buzzed signaling that she'd gotten a message. She read the text from Mandy: Lorraine said that Florentino and Caesar were heading up. "Florentino and Caesar are heading up," she told everybody. About a minute later Caesar escorted Florentino inside the meeting room.

"Good morning gentleman, please have uhh-a seat. My team and I are excited to prehhsent to youhh Floren-ngx'tch! Ngx'tch! Excu-ngx'tch! Huh-hh..Huh'kx'tchoo'huh!" HUH'kx'tchuh! Excuse me." He sniffled as he received a chorus of blessings. "Excuse me sorry. Florentino Leone Red."

The commercial played and once it had faded to black and Florentino Leone displayed across the screen, Caesar slow clapped. "I guess you can say she stood out," Florentino said after a few seconds of silence. "Thank you for your time."

"Of course it is a rough-I'm so sor-hh-sorry. Nx'tchoo! Nkx'tchoo! Ngx'tchoo! Huh'kx'tchoo! Nn-nkx'TCHUH!" Another sniffle amongst more blessings. "It's a rough draft." Another sniffle.

"I bet," Florentino said and stood, waving at Caesar to stand as well before continuing, "Well I have a few other marketing groups slash firms to lend an eye and an ear to. Get some rest Mr. Thorne." He gave a soft smile. "Thank you all. Caesar?"

"We'll reach out to you with further details when Florentino has come to a decision later tonight." He nodded in Theo's direction and then he and Florentino left.

"Well that went good." Fake smiles and sarcastic agreement followed the statement. Theo was probably, no definitely, the only person who thought it had gone anywhere near good. He closed his eyes for a moment and rubbed his temples. "I have some more clients to tend to." His voice was getting a bit worse again, this time growing hoarse. "Thank you to everyone." Then he left.

"Florentino isn't picking us," Carla began.

"Yea Mr. Florentino would be a fool if he did."

"Don't worry Sienna, when Caesar calls just tell him we have something else lined up."

"Ok."

"You got this Sienna." She smiled and then turned and walked out. She made her way back downstairs.

"How'd it go," Mandy asked.

"Really bad. Florentino seemed to leave in a hurry and all he could really say was that he guessed we stood out and he had other companies he's in talks with."

"Oh shit."

Sienna's phone buzzed and Sienna read Theo's text: Can you come here?

She looked towards the office and she met his eyes. "I'll be back." She walked over to his office and she didn't even have to knock before she was invited in.

"Let me know as soon as Caesar calls. Our future rests on this decision."

"Is it really that serious?"

His breath started hitching and he quickly plucked a tissue, bringing it to his nose as he tried to turn away. His first involuntary release of nasal discomfort was completely in the view of Sienna. "Nkx'hh!" The next one he was halfway. "Nkx'huh!" The third found him where he'd desired to be two sneezes earlier. "Nkx'tchuh!" Hitching turned to panting as his shoulders flinched with each breath. He curled into himself, his whole body shuddering, "HUH'TCHOO!" Audibly tickly hitches, high in pitch and soft in sound and then an audible buildup before a powerful, "HUH'TCH'HOO!" exploded into the tissue.

"Geez! Bless you!" His reply was a sniffle. "You sure you're feeling ok? I mean it's hard to deny it after that."

thais story is incredible. the slow burn and the wait was so worth it i hope you continue!! could there possibly be a trip and maybe only 1 room?

I love how he let his last 2 sneezes go! They sounded loud and harsh! 

"Geez! Bless you!" His reply was a sniffle. "You sure you're feeling ok? I mean it's hard to deny it after that."

He wiped his nose and threw the tissue away. He squirted some hand sanitizer into his hands and rubbed them together.

"The call is that serious." Did he just ignore her? "I need to seem at least a little important to my mum." Her heart dropped. "Please let me know as soon as he calls." He sniffled, this one sounding a bit thicker than before.

"Ok." She headed back out to Mandy. "Let me get some hand sanitizer."

Mandy dug some out and gave her some. "That bad?"

"Definitely sick."

"Poor guy."

"Maybe I'd feel the same if he admitted it, but right now he's just being stupid."

"Would you rather have stupid or an asshole?" She looked at him, his head was in his hand again.

"Neither."

"Hm sure."

Sienna resolved to glancing towards Theo's office as the afternoon hours ticked by, again either finding his head in his hand or finding him bobbing forwards into a tissue in his hands. Slowly the glances became more spread out as Mandy received her attention more and more.

It was about an hour before Mandy and Sienna were off when Caesar called. Sienna was immediately handed the phone from Mandy.

"Hello this is Sienna," she said.

"Yes Sienna, I regret to inform you but we've decided to move forward with another group. Your commercial just didn't stand out to us."

"Have you called them yet?"

"I don't see how that is any of your business."

"He needs this. You said yourself you know how it felt to be unwanted. Florentino said he also knows how it feels. This is his chance, I have another idea and I know it'll blow your socks off."

"I don't think-"

"You don't need to think, don't think about it. Come tomorrow and I'll prove to you how valuable we would be to your company."

"He has an hour window tomorrow at 10."

"Perfect I'll see you then."

She got up, walking towards Theo's office. His head was in his hand again. She knocked on the door and waited for him to wave her in, but he didn't. She opened the door and closed it quietly behind herself. Soft snoring fell on her ears as soon as the office space outside of the doors was left behind.

"Theo," she asked as she walked towards him. It wasn't until she'd reached his desk that he woke, eyelids opening and closing slowly as he tried to become more coherent. He looked up at her with warm eyes, taking breaths through his mouth. Without thinking she placed her hand on his cheek, caressing his face with her thumb. He looked at her for some time before seeming to get some clarity back. He pulled away, "I'mb finde."

"You feel a bit warm and you sound congested."

"I'mb finde," he said firmly, punctuating himself with a thick sniffle. "Did they call?"

"Yes and they decided against our commercial."

"Fuck."

"But we can save it, we have an hour tomorrow and they'll be here at 10."

"How are we supposed to save it? We have ndo-hh ndo ideas-huh'ngx'tch! Ngx'tch! Ngx'tch! Gx'tchoo! Guhh...HGG'TCH'uh!" He'd quickly gotten a tissue around his face to cover the sneezes that made his whole body shake.

"Bless you. We already have it covered."

"Mby idea was that bad huh?"

"Just a bit."

"Why did'it you tell mbe?"

"You would've been pissed and you know it."

"Yes you're right," a sigh and then a thick sniffle, "Well I'll see you tomorrow thend."

"Yes sir. Please drink some fluids and get some rest Theo, I'll see you in the morning."

"I appreciate your sympathy but againd I'mb finde."

"Good night."

"Ndight."

Sienna and Mandy finished their shifts and then headed home.

"Do you think Theo will be in tomorrow," Sienna asked from the stool in front of the kitchen island.

"Yes especially now that there's more on the line," Vivian said as she made dinner, "Before it was competition now it's redemption. He's already lost but thanks to you he has a chance to redeem himself and the company."

"In that case, can you make him a hot toddy like you did for Mandy and I that one time we were sick?"

"Sure but you owe me."

"I'll give you an accompaniment to the next cake delivery of your choice."

"Done. One hot toddy for your boyfriend. I'll make it close to when you leave in the morning so it'll be warm."

"Boyfriend?"

"You heard me."

"What are you guys talking about," Mandy asked, pulling her attention away from the show she was watching.

"Oh nothing Mands," Vivian said, "Watch your show. So any more smooches?"

"No and there won't be anymore, I told you."

"Boring."

"Well I'm sorry my love life isn't as entertaining as yours, you and your secret boyfriend which nobody here knows about."

"Sienna!"

"Why aren't y'all together?"

"It's complicated. Just like you and Theo."

"Theo and I aren't complicated, it cannot happen. There's nothing stopping you and Jeremie."

"His son."

"What?"

"His son is sixth months old, it happened by accident. Jeremie cannot stand the mom and neither can she stand Jeremie. He's responsible and a good man though so he is present in his son's life. Some part of me expects Jeremie to end up with the mom."

"You said they can't stand each other."

"You swore you couldn't stand Theo but now you can't avoid thinking about him."

"I'm sorry Viv."

"He's asked me to be his girlfriend and I want to so bad but I just can't."

"Why do you still see him then?"

"Cuz he's so sweet, he's the cutest thing."

"Meet the mom."

"What?”

"Meet the mom and see how she truly feels about him. Tell her that you like him and that you want to start a relationship with him."

"Why would I do that?"

"It's respectful and she'll respect you for it."

"Ok. I guess I can try."

"Try what," Mandy asked, walking over and sitting on the stool beside Sienna.

"Nothing," Vivian answered, "Your show over?"

"Yea. Dinner smells amazing."

"Why thank you."

Sienna's phone started ringing and Theo's name popped up.

"Who is that," Vivian asked. Mandy leaned in and once she saw the name, she looked at Sienna wide-eyed.

"Answer it," Mandy cried.

Sienna answered and put her phone up to her ear, "Hello?"

"Put it on speaker," Mandy whisper yelled. Vivian nodded in agreement. Sienna put it on speaker.

the way i was genuinely so exited when i saw the update!!!! so excited for the next part

"Put it on speaker," Mandy whisper yelled. Vivian nodded in agreement. Sienna put it on speaker.

"Hello it's Theo, though you probably gathered that. Umb so Christian-mby brother-is ond his way to where I'mb staying. He wants to have dinnder with mbe and its beend so long sindce I've seen hihhmbe." He sniffled, "I was thinking youhh-" he cut himself off, "Ng'tchoo! Ng'tchoo! Ng'tch!" He sounded a bit further away from his phone like he'd pulled away from it. "HGG'tchoo! Huh...nhh..heh? HUH'G'tchuh!"

"Bless you."

He sniffled and then he was closer to the phone when he continued, "I was wondering if you'd want to joind. It should'ind be long, mbaybe 20 mbinutes. He's ond his way ndow." Another sniffle. "I'mb sorry it's last mbinute, I just sort of get nervous around himb and I'd rather have sombeonde to take a bit of attendtiond away fromb mbe."

She paused nervously and looked at Mandy, "Um can Mandy come?"

Mandy's mouth dropped.

"Umb I dond't see why ndot, that's probably evend better."

"Ok we'll be there."

"Ok I'll text you the address. See you soond."

"Bye." Sienna hung up.

"Bitch," Mandy said. Vivian started laughing and Mandy asked, "Why did you get me involved?"

"I don't know I panicked," Sienna replied, "Can you get dressed?"

"What if I don't want to come?"

"Don't you think Christian is cute? This is a plus for you."

"Yea but-"

"Please Mands."

"Fine."

"Ok, I gotta change myself."

Mandy came back out in a red dress cut way above the knee, red heels, and brunette hair pulled back into a messy bun. She had silver hoops in her ears, silver necklace and a silver bracelet on to match. Red lipstick was on her lips and there was blush on her cheeks.

"Yea if Sienna can't be with Theo when she genuinely has feelings for him, you can't be with his brother."

"Who said I wanna be with his brother?"

"The way you're dressed right now."

Sienna came out in an emerald dress with gold heels and jewelry to match, her curls set free. "Mandy!"

"What?"

"Put on a longer dress."

"We're not going to work."

"And? You're dressed provocatively."

"Oh let me live a little."

"Whatever. You ready?"

"Yes."

They headed to address that Theo had texted, pulling up to a Gaylord hotel and making their way to the room that Theo had told Sienna. Sienna knocked and Theo quickly answered.

"Sienna, come in. Hi Mandy."

"Hey Theo."

"Christian this is my receptionist for the fourth floor, Mandy, and my assistant, Sienna. Please make yourselves comfortable, I'll be right back."

Theo walked down the small hallway and disappeared behind a door.

"It's just like mum to hire beautiful women," Christian said, staring at Mandy. So staring ran in the family?

Mandy turned into a giggling mess before gaining her composure, "It must be like your mom to make sexy men."

A flirty smile flashed across his lips. Theo walked back into the room, "Let's get this over with."

"Surely you can't hate me that much Thorne-bush."

"This is precisely why Holland-aise."

"You have nicknames for each other based off of your last names? Cool."

"Yes one time we were fighting over mum's attention. Started with my football game and Theo's rugby, the both of them scheduled on the same day and roughly same timing. I was mad because Theo here, being younger, got mum to decide on attending rugby-"

"Which she didn't come to because of work."

"Doesn't matter, she still picked you. That night this guy became my enemy, or so I'd thought." Once he'd finished talking, it became silent and then fell into an awkward kind of silent.

"What's for dinner," Sienna asked, eyeing the food in the middle of the table like she was interested. In all actuality she just wanted to change the unsettling feeling that filled the room.

"Salmon, broccoli, and potatoes," Theo answered.

"Say that again," Mandy said.

"Po-ta-ohs," he repeated.

"Oh my gosh I love the way you say potatoes."

"Po-ta-ohs," Christian asked, "Every American has a word they fancy hearing us pronounce, but I usually have to repeat wa-uh."

"No I've heard water pronounced by Brits plenty of times. I watch so many shows with actors who have accents in them." Christian smiled.

Then he turned to his brother, "So how is it going over here for you?"

"Quite alright, I'm in talks with a big name right now."

"Oh? Who might that be?"

"You needn't worry. How's things in Seattle?"

"Dreary."

"Surely can't be that bad."

Christian dissolved into exactly how bad it was, how plain everyday was. How he missed Emma, his ex who he'd caught cheating on him right before he'd made it to the states.

"She sounds like a bitch," Mandy said, putting her fork down. Her plate as well as Christian and Sienna's plates were almost clear. Theo's, not so much.

"Definitely and yet when I confronted her, she-"

"Ngk," Theo had steepled his hands over his face. He swung his legs over the chair and stood by the time the next one came, pitching him forward, "Ngk! Scuhhuse me. Hehh.." He walked towards the hallway. "Huh'NGK'uh!" Although it sounded far away, the next one sounded painfully loud, "HGG'TCH!" The final sneeze was clearly muffled by something but still almost as painfully loud, "HGG'TCHFF!"

Inside the bathroom, from behind a wad of tissues, Theo's breath felt warm, nostrils felt warm, eyes felt warm and wet, head felt a bit cloudy and was beginning to ache again. He'd fought through dinner as long as he could. He just needed to sleep, needed Christian to leave so he wouldn't feel nervous enough to want company. Needed to close..his....eyes. He blinked awake and wiped his nose before heading back out.

Everyone was quiet until a hand was clapped to his back, "Bless you lad."

"Thank you." Say something, anything, to signify you leaving, he pleaded with Christian in his mind.

"It was nice to catch up," Christian said, standing, "I'm so sorry but I was invited to a party and I promised I'd show my face."

"Oh no apology needed," Theo said gratefully, "I'm actually getting a bit tired."

"Night then Thorne-bush. Say Mandy, would you want to accompany me to the party?"

"Yea!" She didn't even look to see Sienna’s reaction. If she had she would’ve seen her eyebrows twist with confusion at first and then drop with a hint of anger. 

"Um Mands, did you forget you drove here?" Mandy held up a finger at Christian and smiled before digging out her keys and tossing them at Sienna. They left without any other words from either of them.

"Don't be late to work," Theo called out before the door closed, then finished what he was saying in a softer decibel, "Tomorrow's a big day." He rubbed his forehead with the palm of his hand.

"She won't be late and if she is, then I'm there."

"While I appreciate your dedication, your presence will be needed elsewhere less you forgot."

"I didn't. Need I remind you that it was me that made it possible." She didn't mean to smile or speak flirtatiously but it was obvious it came out that way.

"You're so intoxicating Sienna." The staring was back, fully embodied.

"Didn't you say you needed sleep Theo?"

"I can always do that," he cut himself off with a yawn, "Later."

Sienna giggled, "Oh but I think it's time for you to sleep now. I'll see you tomorrow."

She left no room for argument, grabbing her coat that she'd thrown on the back of the chair and grabbing the keys before walking towards the door.

”Thank you for inviting me and feeding Mandy and I.”

”Anytime, get home safe please.”

As the words he’d just spoke died down disappearing from her ears as quickly as they had hit, she noticed his eyes fixated on her once again. Staring. Yet this time she felt it was a bit more serious. 

“Good night,” she said, fighting to win control of the final interaction of the night, to get the last say, to have the power.

Ngt’tchoo! Ngt’tchoo! Ng’gt!” He’d ducked into the crook of his arm without warning and she waited with him until the other imminent sneezes came. He waited with his head hovering close to his arm, audible hitches filling the otherwise awkward silence. Then finally, “NGT’tchoo! HUH’NG’TCHoo!”

”And bless you.”

“Thank you.” 

She gave a soft smile as she turned around and left him, feeling his eyes through her back as she closed his door. For the rest of the night all she could think about was his stare. It had come back with a vengeance. Then she thought about what he had said. She couldn't fathom why he'd said she was intoxicating, he was the one who had rejected her. Oh but those brown eyes, how they'd burned into her. She should've given in. Should've given in, she thought as she gave in to sleep.

The sound of crashing rang through the apartment, waking Sienna. "Mandy," came Vivian's scream, "Sit your ass down!" Sienna got dressed quickly and went out to the kitchen, catching Mandy knock over a pan of Vivian's muffins. Mandy giggled while Vivian screamed, "Mandy Frank, I'm going to kill you!"

Vivian ran after Mandy, chasing her around the apartment. "Guys," Sienna said loudly, "Guys!" She grabbed Vivian by the arm as she ran past. "Calm it down. What has gotten into you Mandy?"

"Last night? A little bit of Tequila and a little bit of Christian Holland." She thrusted her hips between her arms with a smile on her face.

"Really? You just met him. Yet you were the one telling me to not even have feelings for Theo. Are you serious?"

Mandy giggled and Sienna put two and two together, "Are you still drunk?"

"Shit I'm gonna be sick," she darted off towards the bathrooms.

Sienna tried to continue processing her morning, she'd only been awake for ten minutes but it felt like an hour. "What am I going to tell Theo? I have to tell him she's sick or something." Another lightbulb went off in her head while Vivian agreed, "Yes but you wouldn't be lying."

"Shit Theo's sick. The hot toddy, did you make it?"

"No but I can make it now."

"Yes please. Can you hurry?"

"Sure it won't be too long." Five minutes later she was handing a mug to Sienna, "See not too long."

"Thank you," Sienna said, "Ok I have to go, please check on Mandy."

"Ok. Knock 'em dead today."

"Thank you." She drove to work and headed up to the fourth floor, feeling weird walking in without Mandy. She set her things down and walked towards Theo's office, hot toddy in hand, though she was nervous on how it'd be received. After all he was fine, she'd reminded herself about the week's events and how he'd said he was fine every time she brought up his declining health. She expected this time to be no different, but she had some residual hope that he would choose vulnerability.

Looking forward to more as always! Theo is so stubborn, I love it!