• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jai_is_bae?

• RipleyToo

• Catsgotyourtounge

• Lunaconner

She set her things down and walked towards Theo's office, hot toddy in hand, though she was nervous on how it'd be received. After all he was fine, she'd reminded herself about the week's events and how he'd said he was fine every time she brought up his declining health.

She finally tuned back into reality and saw Theo's head down on his arms, folded on his desk. She walked in, not wanting to disturb him. She walked towards his desk, "Theo?" He didn't lift his head. "Theo?" She set the mug down once she'd reached his desk and then touched his shoulder, "Theo?" Heat radiated from under her palm. She could feel it through his cardigan. She could hear him taking loud breaths through his mouth. "Theo!"

Finally a hoarse, "I dod't feel good Siedda." Her heart dropped. First she had to make sure she heard correctly. Then another thought: comforting, she had to be comforting.

"I know Theo, let me look at you."

He raised his head and looked at her. His chocolate brown eyes were hazy, sweat lined his forehead, there was a pool of mucus that was leaking from red rimmed nostrils. He was breathing through his mouth. He gave a sniffle, sounding thoroughly blocked and then it was back to breathing through his mouth. She placed her hand on his forehead finding the same abnormal heat radiating from it. He didn't lean away from it, instead he leaned into it and closed his eyes.

"Oh Theo."

He turned away from her, curling into himself and bringing a fist up to cover as he coughed, whole body shaking as they racked through him. She picked up the mug and held it near him, "Drink."

He took it from her and took a few drinks. "Hot toddy." It did nothing for his throat, his voice still coming out hoarse.

"Yea I knew you didn't feel well." The drink must've made his nose run even more because he sniffled a couple of times, unproductive and greatly congested. Said congestion irritated his nose and he found his breath hitching, breath tickly. She pressed a couple of tissues into his hand just in time for him to bring them up and snap into them, "Heh'tchoo! Tchoo! Tchoo! Tchoo! Tchoo!" All rapid and congested, then a ticklish intake of breath. "Tchoo! Tchoo! Tchoo! Huh...huh...nn-heh...heh?" The last hitch was high in pitch, "N'TSCHOO!" It was explosive. "Heh," high in pitch again, just showing how ticklish it was. He crushed his nose, "UH'TSCHOO!" He went to wipe, breath hot and nose a mess under all those tissues.

"No Theo, you need to blow your nose."

He blew his nose, making a slow gurgling noise. A gasp and then another blow, nose and everything being expelled coming out hot. Another gasp and then another blow, a bit faster and more gurgling. He started to feel dizzy but gave one final blow. He wiped his nose and threw the tissues away then quickly brought his fist up to cover as he coughed.

"It's hot," he said.

"You definitely have a fever."

"I've had a fever sindce last ndight."

"Why are you here?"

"Mby mbumb would be here."

"You aren't her."

"She wants mbe to be."

"And who do you want to be."

"Sombeonde she cand be proud of."

"I'm sure she's proud of you."

"I wish but she's just," a sniffle and the catching of his breath interrupted him. "I'mb sorry I thought I was gonnda sndeeze." He buried his head in his hands, "I ndeed to mbake it to the mbeeting, thend I could-" another hitch. "Thend I could go hombe. Nnhh......fuck." He sniffled and then his breath hitched again, "It tickles." He wriggled his nose.

"Need these," she asked, handing him some more tissues.

He held them near his face expectantly. "Ehh-hh-"

It was torture watching him. Each hitch made his body shake. A harsh shiver coursed through his body, shaking him further.

"Cold now?"

"A bit," he said breathily.

"We should take your temperature, you’re burning up yet you’re shivering.”

"I just wannda sndehh-sndeeze." He dropped his hands seconds later, "It's nohh use. How mbuch timbe do we have before Florendtindo combes?"

"A couple of hours."

He sipped on the hot toddy, "I'mb tired." He paused to sniffle a couple of times, "Mbaybe I cand sleep a bit mbore. Ohhh...huhh," he brought the tissues back up, "Ihh...oh it tickles agaihhh." A congested sniffle and then he flinched into the tissues, "Tchoo! Tchoo! Tchoo! Huh...HUH'TCH! Yuh-TCHUH!"

"Bless you."

"Uh'tchuh! Uh'tchuh! Idt'chuh! Tchoo! Hehh...HEH'EHH'TCH'yuh!"

"Bless you."

"N'tch! N'tch! Tch! Tch! Hehh….HN'TSHYOO!"

"Jeez! Done yet?" He nodded so she continued, "Bless you." He wiped his nose and sniffled. He put his head back in his arms.

"Wake mbe up whend it's timbe for the meeting."

"Ok."

She left his office and went to sit at her desk not taking long to miss Mandy, wishing she was at work. She was scrolling on her phone when she suddenly heard, "Sienna right?" She looked up to see a face she recognized from the meeting when they came up with the backup idea.

"Yes."

"Want to preview the ad?"

She looked to Theo's office as she had done periodically since leaving and upon not seeing any change in Theo's placement, she shrugged, "Sure."

She went up to the meeting room where Clara and the man with the southern Asian accent were sat. She watched as the commercial started with a split screen of a little girl on one side and boy on the other who are both shunned in school and do not have friends to play with. The girl and boy then grow into teenagers and are shunned at prom, not ending up with a date. The girl and boy then grow into adults who are shunned during a speed dating session. They then wear Florentino Leone and suddenly they're turning heads until the heads they turn are each others and the screen draws together as they fall in love. Florentino Leone-Stand Out plays once the screen fades to black.

"Oh wow that's good."

"I think this will get us a deal," Clara said, "What do you think?"

"I think so."

"Mr. Florentino would be out of his mind if he passed on us."

"I agree."

"Well the meeting starts in about 15 minutes so we'll be up here waiting."

"Oh ok. I'll be back in 10 minutes with Theo."

She went back down to the fourth floor and then walked to Theo's office, closing the office door behind herself after she'd walked in.

"It’s time to get ready for the meeting."

He tried to groan, but it came out hoarse and congested and made him cough. He lifted his head and sniffled, eyes showing how fatigued he still was.

"Are you coming?"

He blinked at her.

"Theo, come on."

He got up and she waited for him to walk to her and then motioned for him to walk in front of her. They walked to the elevators and once inside, he leaned back against the walls and closed his eyes.

"You ok?"

"Dizzy," he answered.

"Maybe it isn't a good idea for you to go to this meeting."

"I ndeed to."

"Theo-"

"I ndeed to."

"Ok."

The elevator dinged and they started walking down towards the meeting room. She watched him stumble and then stop, his hand going up to his forehead and covering his eyes.

"Dizzy," she asked.

"Yes, I'mb ok though." Stupid Theo. They finished walking and made it into the meeting room. He sniffled thickly as he crossed the threshold into the room and she could hear his breath hitch. She looked over to see him duck into the crook of his arm. "Huh'tchoo! Huh'tchoo! Huh'tch'huh! Hh...UH'TCHoo! HIH'UT'TCHoo!"

"Bless you," everybody said in unison.

"Thank you. Ok everybody this is it, thank you everyonde of you for what you have donde and the hard work and dedicationd. I kndow there's beend a lot of pressure and I appreciate you for working so hard. Let's close this deal."

Caesar and Florentino walked in a couple minutes later, when Theo was off guard. He was sitting with his head in his hands while everyone around him was engaged in conversation.

"Good morning Theo-Holland Marketing Group Santa Cruz," came Florentino's voice, making every conversation halt and sending Theo quickly rising to stand.

"Good mbornding Florendtindo. We have a treat for you today put together by the visiond of mby-hh teamb." He turned away quickly, ducking into the crook of his arm. "Huh'tch! Huh'tch! Huh'tch'oo! I'mb so sorr-hhh...HUH'gx'TCHoo! HGG'tch'EHH'TCHoo!" A round of bless you's before he continued, "Ondce againd Florendtindo Leonde Red."

Theo moved out of the way of the screen and the commercial played. After the screen faded, Theo walked back over in front of the screen. Without any indication of what was coming Theo gripped the chair in front of him, color draining from his face, leaving his pink cheeks standing out more than ever. He breathed heavily, "This will ndo doubt leave everyonde wanting Rossa and Rosso."

"Theo," Florentino rose and began to walk over to him. He placed a hand on his shoulder, "Sit before you faint."

Theo sat down, "Sorry."

"You're overworking yourself and while I appreciate it, I'm merely a man. I'm nothing to kill yourself over. This contract, it's nothing worth any of this. You have hard work and dedication but working yourself into the ground, this is not what determines it. I just needed a commercial. Take care of yourself better. For goodness sakes get some rest tonight. With that being said, let's sign this deal."

Theo went wide eyed and everybody clapped. "Thank you Florendtindo," Theo said as they shook hands.

"Thank your kick ass assistant."

Theo smiled at her, "Thank you."

"I have matters to attend to now, thank you for your time," he turned towards Caesar and called him, "Caesar?" He bent forwards to whisper in Sienna's ear, "Get him to go home and then please take good care of him."

"Yes sir."

"I will send the disclosures over to you in the morning," Caesar said and then led Florentino out.

"I will send the disclosures over to you in the morning," Caesar said and then led Florentino out.

"We did it," Theo said and then ducked into the crook of his arm to cough. "I appreciate every onde of you, we cambe together and closed a huge deal. To show mby appreciationd I would like to treat everyonde to lundch. We are going to close for a couple of hours and take a trip to Mborgand's so everybody please joind there."

Everybody cheered and then started filing out of the meeting room leaving Sienna and Theo. He was back to taking loud breaths, head in hand.

"You okay," Sienna asked to no answer. She placed her palm around his neck and then his cheek. "We have got to get this fever down. We should really get you home."

"We've worked hard."

"Yes I know, but you are really hot."

"Thank you," he broke off into a coughing fit that made Sienna wince. She lifted her hand and placed it on his back, rubbing absentmindedly as she waited for the fit to die down.

"You belong in bed."

"Enough Siennda." Her heart dropped, he hadn't spoken to her that kind of way since at least a couple of days ago.

"Well come on then," she said, fighting back either tears or a fit of rage or both. He stood and they walked to the elevators. He leaned back against the wall of the elevator, eyes closed and looking exhausted.

"Huh'tchoo! Uh'tchoo! uT'choo!" He sniffled before his breath began hitching again and he resumed his fit, "iT'gx'CHUH! HUHT'TCHOO!"

"Bless you," she said monotonously though there was some tension mixed in if you'd paid enough attention. When he didn't answer she looked over expecting to see either a sexually tense stare, an angry stare, or no change. When her eyes laid on him she almost could see some of the color draining from his skin. The elevator dinged announcing their arrival, but Sienna had bigger things to worry about.

"Theo!" Nothing. "Theo," she said again, moving so she was up against him so he wouldn't fall.

"I'mb finde," he said breathily and then sniffled. Then he sniffled again after some time and then once again. She was still trying to read his face as he sniffled again. "I ndeed a tissue."

"We'll get you some when we get to your desk. Think we can head that way?" She looked out at the empty floor in front of them, she had to at least get him to the office.

He nodded and then made his first step and then the second and then the third. The fourth was not so sturdy so she closed the already thin gap between their bodies. They were touching, Sienna's heart racing. Unbeknownst to her, Theo's heart was racing too but more because he was trying to stay tethered to consciousness. He was so dizzy, so uncomfortably hot again. Theo stumbled, alarming Sienna as they were nearing his office door. Theo moaned as his body shifted and brought down Sienna's with him as it crashed onto the ground beneath them.

"Theo! Damn it." She fought and then freed herself from underneath him. She started trying to shake him, panic setting in. "I told you we had to lower your fever. I told you that you shouldn't have gone to the fucking meeting, you should've stayed down here. You shouldn't have even fucking been here in the first place. But no you want to be stubborn and now look." Tears lined her eyes and she didn't know if she was more sorrowfully angry at defeat or at the sight of him like this.

Her phone rang as the tears spilled over her eyelids, making everything blurry to where she was just able to make out Mandy's contact card displayed on her phone. 

She answered, "Now is not the best time Mandy."

"I know your like double mad at me and I'm sorry, you have every reason to be-"

"I said it's not the time."

"I'm sorry I'm such a shitty friend, but can you at least allow me to try to make things up to you. I think-"

Sienna's eyes were still on Theo's still body.

"Mandy I have better things to think about right now like how the fuck do I get Theo to fucking wake up."

"What?"

"He passed out Mandy," she sobbed, "I don't know what to do."

"I'm on my way, get some ice from the break room and put it on the back of his neck and his chest. Just long enough to get him awake, but you don't want to cause him shock."

"Ok. Should I call an ambulance? Theo would probably be mad if he woke up in the hospital."

"Try the ice and if it doesn't work in five minutes, call the ambulance. Theo doesn't get a say when he's not even conscious."

"Yea."

She hung up and made her way to the break room, getting ice. She quickly got back to him and scooped him up best as she could, holding one bag of ice to his neck and the other to his chest. It didn't take long for him to part his lips and utter, "Sorry."

"No talking, you're lucky you're barely coherent right now but when you're lucid I'm going to kill you."

"Is that a threat?"

"What did I say?" He smiled weakly. She kept the ice on him, taking it off minutes before Mandy and Vivian appeared.

"Theodore Thorne, you stubborn man," Mandy said as she walked to them.

"Thought you were sick," he said weakly.

"Thought you weren't."

"Do you want these fever reducers or no?" He just looked blankly at her.

"That's what I thought."

Vivian shook out two pills and put one up to his lips, dropping it in his mouth when he'd opened. She opened the bottle of water she had and put it to his lips, lifting slowly as he slowly sipped at it. He swallowed. One down, one to go. They repeated the same process for the other pill.

"We should be able to move in about 10 minutes, those pills are fast acting," Vivian said, "Oh I'm Vivian, Mandy and Sienna's other roommate."

"Theo,” he introduced himself.

"-dore," Mandy added, "Theodore."

"No just Theo."

"Really?"

He nodded.

"So how'd you pass out anyway," Mandy asked, "Did you feel it?"

Theo shook his head.

"I did," Sienna interjected, "You fell on top of me."

"Really?" When Sienna nodded, he added, "I'm sorry."

15 minutes passed easily, the roommates talking amongst themselves and Theo nodding whenever he could add his opinion.

"Ok let's try to move," Vivian said. Mandy and Vivian got up from where they'd sat and pulled him up. They each placed an arm around his waist and a hand on his shoulder.

Sienna got up, "Good?"

"Good," Theo answered hoarsely. They started walking towards the elevators when Theo randomly started trying to break free from both girls.

"What are you doing Theodore," Mandy asked.

"Theohh," his breath hitched.

"Oh here sit," Vivian said, bringing them over to a desk and placing Theo in the chair.

"Sorry," he said breathily, bringing his shirt collar over his nose. "Ngk! Ngk! Ngk'huh! Hugh...hh.......Ngk'tchoo! NgGK'TCHoo!" He sniffled as all three girls blessed him. He shook his head before pitching forward, "Gx'tchoo! N'gx'tchoo! NN'tchuh! GX'TCHOO! Huh..hehh? HUHT'TCHOO!" Each sneeze shook his body, exhausting him even further. He sniffled, "I'm good."

Vivian and Mandy helped him up and then sturdied him again as they walked down to where Sienna was parked. Sienna helped get Theo situated in the passenger seat and then closed the door.

"Thanks guys, I think I'm going to stay with Theo to make sure he's ok."

"Uh uh he's coming to the apartment," Vivian argued.

"No. Why? Theo should be in bed, his bed."

"The bed he has at the hotel is not his bed," Mandy argued.

"You'd rather take him back to a hotel room than keep him with us." Vivian asked, "He needs some TLC. You're the one who likes him, wouldn't you say you'd give him better TLC at our place? I'll make him another hot toddy."

"I've never seen someone beg to store a sick person at their place of living."

"I'm trying to help you out."

"Fine. I'm stopping at the store on the way home."

"Do you want us to take Theo then?"

"I can take him while you guys go to the store," Mandy offered.

"Don't you have a hangover," Sienna asked.

"Surprisingly I don't. Maybe it's because it was rich people alcohol."

Vivian and Sienna rolled their eyes and then Sienna told her, "Drive safe."

"You bet. I've got special cargo." She winked at Sienna before climbing into the driver seat of Sienna's car.

"Where's Siennda going," Theo rasped and then brought his fist up to cough harshly into it, turning his head away from Mandy.

"She's going to the store with Vivian, I'm taking you to our place."

"What? Ndo I'll be finde ond mby ownd."

"In that crappy hotel?"

"It's a Gaylord," he yawned and then sniffled.

"And? Expensive doesn't always mean comfortable. Besides if it was, you would've got more sleep."

"I dond't wandt to be trouble."

"This coming from someone who dragged SiSi down with his stubbornness and when I say dragged down, I mean quite literally. You won't be trouble at all, in fact SiSi should feel better being able to take care of you." She started off towards their apartment, listening to music as she drove. When she'd come to a red light, she looked over to see Theo asleep so she turned the music down a bit for the rest of the drive.

She pulled up to their apartment complex and parked. "Theo, we're here." No movement. "Theo," she shook him. He opened his eyes slowly and blinked as he tried to get his bearings. "We're at the apartments." She got out and walked over to the passenger side, then opened up Theo’s door.

Sleep was still evidently calling him, his hazel eyes covered by heavy eyelids. He took a few shaky breaths and quickly pulled his shirt up over his nose. “Huh’tchuh! Tchuh! Tch! Hh….HUH’TCHoo! HUH’EHH’tch’HUH!”

”Bless you! Come on let’s get you inside.”

She helped him out and they walked up to the apartment. Mandy unlocked the door then walked Theo over to the couch, sitting him down.

"You still look like you could use a little more sleep."

He nodded and laid down. Mandy sat down in front of the couch and turned the TV on, turning the volume down so it wouldn't disturb Theo. She was lost in her show when she heard the door open.

A small cliffhanger? Aahhhhh!! I need more! I love your characters and your writing! Theo is very cute!

Mandy was lost in her show when she heard the door open. She got up and looked at Sienna and Vivian as they brought the groceries in, "Quiet, Theo's asleep."

Sienna dropped the bags she was carrying and walked into the living room so she could get a better look at him. "Mandy, you couldn't bother taking his shoes off?"

"Oh shit that's right." She pulled his shoes off which made Theo stir a bit, curling into himself and coughing.

"See this is why I should've taken him to his hotel, you don't know the first thing about taking care of someone who's sick."

Mandy looked at him to see his eyes were still closed "He's still asleep."

"Good, now shh." Sienna helped Vivian finish putting the groceries away. Then she sat down with Mandy as Vivian got started on icing a cake. The girls were all fully engrossed in what they were doing when Sienna heard a sharp breathy gasp from behind her. She turned to see Theo blink sleepily before his lips parted, his eyelids fluttered closed, and his nostrils flared. He steepled his hands over his nose, "Ng'tshoo! Ng'tshoo! Huh'tschoo! Heh-heh-heh...HUHT'tch! Uh-uh'hh-uhhh...HUH'ESH'OO!" He sniffled thickly from behind his hands and then sat up. He closed his eyes for a moment, head swimming, before getting up. "Where's the bathroob?"

"Here I'll show you," Sienna said and she led him to the bathroom. She flipped the light on for him and expected him to close the door, but he left it open as he washed his hands.

"That was gross."

"You're sick, it comes with the territory."

"Yea but dot ligk that. Ohh," his breath hitched so he plucked a tissue from where'd they'd sat on the shelf above the toilet. "Ptchoo! Ptchoo! Ptchoo! Ugh gross. Ehh..ehh....ehh....HUH'PTCH'uhh! EHH'PTCHoo!"

"Bless you."

"Thank you." He wiped his nose and threw the tissue away, revealing reddened nostrils. When he felt wetness around his nostrils, he tried to sniffle twice but his nose was completely stuffed up. He tried one more time and then ducked off into his arm, coughing crackly.

"Those don't sound good." His response was another attempt to sniffle and more coughing to which she replied, "Maybe you might have better luck blowing your nose."

He nodded and grabbed another tissue, placing both hands around it to hold it against his nose as he blew the offending appendage, or at least tried to blow. He blew unsuccessfully and then again which was not only unsuccessful but caused him to cough again. He drew in a bigger breath and blew tiny blows in quick succession until he felt the blockage break, resulting in a gurgle noise.

"Ugh sorry this is disgusti'g."

"It's really not, continue."

He drew in another breath and blew, hot liquid and air being expelled into the tissue. He drew in yet another breath and blew again. "Ugh." He swiped at his nostrils and then threw the tissue away. He tested the congestion as he began washing his hands, sniffling. It sounded just as bad as before he blew, just like crinkling paper, and she winced.

He sighed, "Guess I cad't breathe through by dose." He parted his lips, breathing through his mouth. "I'b starti'g to get a bit dizzy agaid."

She reached up to place her hand on his forehead, "You're really warm again." She went to withdraw her hand, but he caught her arm before she could and held it in place.

"Oh Theo," Sienna cooed.

"I feel so ill."

"I know, it's going to be ok. We'll get you better I promise." He sniffled and broke away to cough into his arm. "Come on let's get some medicine in you."

They walked back into the living room and he sat back on the couch.

"Everything ok Theodore," Mandy asked

"Theo," he said.

She rolled her eyes, "Are you ok?"

"Just a tad under the weather."

"A tad?"

Sienna was rummaging through the bags from the store, working her way around the groceries Vivian bought. She pulled out some tissues and the DayQuil and NyQuil. "Theo," Sienna called to him, "DayQuil or NyQuil?"

"What is that?"

"Medicine," she answered in a confused tone. Then she remembered he was from England and this was almost one hundred percent likely this was his first time being sick in the states. She grabbed the DayQuil and tissues and walked over to him. "Let's try DayQuil, it's still too early for NyQuil and you take this stuff about every four hours so by then it should be late enough to put you to sleep." She set the tissues down on the stand beside the couch closest to where his head had been lying when he'd fallen asleep. She opened the bottle and poured a dose of the orange liquid before handing it to him. "Just take it like a shot."

He threw the plastic measuring cap back and swallowed hard, a heavily disgusted face chasing the liquid. He was breathing a bit harder and he brought up his arm to cough into it. "Ugh that was rubbish."

Mandy started laughing, "You guys actually say that? Oh my god I thought that was just something we'd come up with for TV."

"Doh," he said quickly before bring his arm up to launch into another coughing fit. He fought to continue his sentence, "We say that if sobethi'g is horrid like that."

Sienna laughed at the disgusted face which had returned, revealing itself as he dropped his arm. "It's really not that bad."

"Speak for yourself, I’d rather feel rubbish thad have that adywhere dear be agaid.”

The girls all laughed and Sienna commented, “I never took you for a drama king.” He looked confused. “We say that when you over exaggerate.”

“That was dot ad over exaggeratiod, it was thehh bloody truth.” He reached for the tissues and hurriedly rushed  them to his face as his breath wavered. “Huh’tchuh! Tchuh! Huh’tchuh! Huhhuh-huh-Huh’TCHoo! HUH’gg’TCHoo!”

“Bless you.”

He sniffled, “Ugh.”

“What should we watch,” Mandy asked.

“Is Mandy Frank giving up the TV,” Vivian asked, finishing up the final touches on the cake.

“Hey it’s not like I hog the TV, you’re usually baking and delivering cakes and SiSi’s idea of a good night is stuck in her room, nose in a book or something.”

“Just pick something Mandy,” Vivian said, “I’ll be back after I drop this cake off.”

“Not hanging with your boo tonight,” Mandy asked.

“Not my boo and also I have another delivery.”

As she was putting on the show she’d picked, Theo added, “Yea Abad’da.”

“My name’s not Amanda.”

“Oh just like how by dabe is dot Theodore?”

“Hm ok we can play this game.”

Theo looked to Sienna, “Do you wad’da sit?”

“Oh yea.” She sat down beside Theo, too close she’d decided once she felt his leg meet hers. They became engrossed in the show until Sienna felt Theo slump over into her. Sienna ignored it, becoming once again engrossed until Vivian had came into view out of the corner of Sienna’s eye.

“Come deliver this cake with me,” she whispered to Sienna.

“I’m comfortable and Theo’s asleep.”

“You owe me.”

“You pick now?”

“It’s out of my normal route and Jeremie is working late.”

“Fine.”

She moved carefully so that Theo, who was sleeping so soundly, wouldn’t wake up. He moaned a bit but quieted back down, falling back into a messy sleep. His head was cocked weirdly, mouth open, mucus pooling around the bottom of his reddened nostrils.

“Make sure Theo is ok, I got to run with this asshole,” Sienna told Mandy, “I’ll be back soon.”

“Ok.”

It wasn’t long after they’d left that Theo woke up, breathing unnaturally heavier, “Where is Siedda?”

I don’t know what else to say besides that I’m loving this story more and more as well as Theo. 

Thanks for updating can’t wait for the next instalment 

Thank you guys so much for commenting and following along :hug:So I was looking at the AI drawings in artwork and I spotted one that I envisioned Theo would look like, but I’d like to keep his look confidential so you guys can picture him yourself. If you’re having trouble imagining though just take a look there for some visual boosters.

Anyways something small to hopefully hold you over a bit as I gather ideas….

It wasn't long after they'd left that Theo woke up, breathing unnaturally heavier, "Where is Siedda?"

"She's out with Vivian."

He winced almost like he was in pain, "How long before she gets back?"

"I'm not sure they didn't leave that long ago," Mandy said, eyes still lost in the TV.

He sniffled, feeling the wetness at the bottom of his nostrils. Then he sniffled twice more in quick succession. This made Mandy look at him, "Theo, you're sweating."

He shivered, the total opposite of what he should've done given Mandy's statement. "Your fever, I think it might be back. Let me get the NyQuil."

"Do," he protested, "I want Siedda."

"She's out right now."

He winced and then started coughing, ending the fit with a painful groan.

"What hurts?"

"Throat," he breathed heavily, "Body."

"This doesn't sound like your average cold, I think you picked up the flu."

He groaned again and Mandy got up to get the thermometer. She brought it back and held it out to him. He eyed it and then took it out her hand, placing it in his mouth. His nose suddenly decided to betray him and he wiggled his nose. He staved it off as long as he could but he had to bring up his arm to flinch forward into it, shuttering with each release, "Ngx! Ngx! Ngx!" He wriggled his nose again, but ultimately lost again, "Ngk'ngx! nNGK!”

"Bless you."

He sniffled and waited for the thermometer to beep. When it did, he took it out and looked at it, reading it aloud, "102.6."

"Jesus! NyQuil now."

"I'll wait for her." He winced in pain, his body shuttering with a harsh shiver.

"Yea that's not happening, we gotta get this fever down. She's not missing anything."

"I want her."

"Theo please?"

"I wa'ed to do sobethi'g, to ask her od a date. She is so beautiful, I have dot beed able to take by bind off of her sidce I saw her."

(I wanted to do something, to ask her on a date. She is so beautiful, I have not been able to take my mind off of her since I saw her.)

"Yea she hasn't either."

"Baybe ode day we could ride off idto the sudset together," his eyelids fell closed.

(Maybe one day we could ride off into the sunset together.)

"Shit. Come on, NyQuil. You can't ride off into the sunset if you fry your head with this fever."

He opened his eyes, her point getting across. He held his hand out. Mandy ran to get the NyQuil and poured a dose in a the cap for him and gave it to him to drink. She was putting the NyQuil back when Theo's phone began to ring. He tried to answer it as she walked back to him, but he seemed a bit out of it at first. Then his eyes watered, eyelids closed to a squint, red nostrils flared and he took a couple of hitching breaths. He steepled his hands over his mouth and nose. “Tch! Tch! Tch! HehhTCHoo! Hh..HUHT’TCHoo!”

“Bless you,” she handed him a tissue when she realized he’d kept his hands where they were.

“I thi’k by bub is calli’g be, cad you adswer? She gets a bit a’gry whed I doh’t pick up.”

(I think my mum is calling me, can you answer? She gets a bit angry when I don’t pick up.)

She did as he asked, putting it on speaker.

"Why do I see half of our employees still clocked in on our time cards," the woman asked. "And another question-Where are the reports from today? I would hope you aren't getting distracted. You know how you are with women."

It was at this exact moment that his throat tickled and sent him into a crackly coughing fit. "I'b dot feeli'g well."

"Interesting. I didn't send you over there to pick up some American bug, I sent you for a test and you are failing. I believe I must have to send Christian over to pick up your slack."

"It's dot slack, I passed out," the last two words died on his tongue, his mother already spewing the next round of poison.

"But it is Theo, you don't see me or your brother taking sick days. I'm sending Christian, if you are as hard working as you say you have become then you will show up in the morning, send Christian on his way, and send me my report."

He winced, "Love you too bub."

(Love you too mum.)

"I mean it Theo."

She hung up. "By bub is quite the charber."

(My mum is quite the charmer.)

"I see."

Theo closed his eyes and Mandy watched him for weird movements or anything abnormal, asking him periodically if he was ok to which he replied he was ok. All except for once, when consciousness was on its way out, he'd answered, "I'd be alright if we were id a parallel udiverse. Id adother life, id hope to at least take her od a date but by bother, she's the odly persod who gave be a seco'd chadce. She's all I got. I cad'dot disappoi'd her right dow. Does dot batter if she's the bost beautiful wobad I've ever laid eyes od."

(I’d be alright if we were in a parallel universe. In another life, I’d hope to at least take her on a date but my mother, she’s the only person who gave me a second chance. She’s all I got. I cannot disappoint her right now. Does not matter if she’s the most beautiful woman I’ve ever laid eyes on.)

Her heart ached for him and then for Sienna and then for the both of them. "You've got it bad Theodore." She expected him to correct her, but his breathing labored, sleep prevalent. Mandy looked him over every now and then to make sure he was doing alright until she heard the door open.

"How is he," Sienna asked, barely even making it into the apartment before asking the question.

Mandy thought about telling her his fever induced confession about his feeling but settled on, "He's asleep."

"Oh I should probably get him into bed,” she made her way over to him.

"What bed?"

"Mine."

"That might not be the best idea."

"Yea but he shouldn't sleep on the couch especially with his cold."

"Yea I guess you're right."

Sienna shook him lightly, “Come on Theo, let’s get you into bed.”

“Hmm,” he moaned and then rushed his arm up to cough chestily into it. He doubled over, shoulders raised and stiff, back arched. He gasped and coughed even more, face scrunching up in pain.

“Oh Theo,” she cooed, rubbing his back.

He gasped and coughed again, body shaking as the coughs hit him one after another. Vivian got a cup of water and bought it over to him, “Here, drink some water hun.”

He did as she asked and they slowly died down, “Sorry.” His voice was shot, pain evident as he winced.

“Ok come on, to bed you go,” Sienna said. He stood up and followed Sienna as she begun to lead him to her room. “Good night guys.”

“Night,” they said back.

She walked him to the room and closed the door behind them. He stood not far from the entrance to the room. “Go ahead, get in.” He did as he was told, covering up with the blankets. “I’m going to go change in the bathroom, I’ll be back.” She went to change into her night shorts and a tee before walking back into the room. As soon as she’d laid eyes on him, she saw his body was still and she closed her door quietly just in case he was asleep. “You asleep,” she asked softly. No response.

She walked over to the bed and climbed in. She turned away from him and drifted off to sleep. It wasn’t long before she was awaken to darkness. She laid there confused as to why she was awake until she heard muffled coughs from beside her. “You awake?”

“Yea sorry, I cad go to the bathroom. I did’t bead to wake you.”

(Yea sorry, I can go to the bathroom. I didn’t mean to wake you.)

“No it’s ok.” There was a sudden quick shift in weight, but no noise of a cough. Was that a shiver? About a minute later the same thing happened.

“You ok?”

“I’b cold.”

She was pressed against him mere seconds later, sharing her body heat.

“Tha’k youhh. Tch! Tch! Tch! SorrhhHUH’TCHoo! HEH’UHT’TCH’huh!”

“Bless you.”

“Sorry.” He punctuated himself with a congested, thoroughly stopped up, squelch of a sniffle.

“Stop apologizing.”

“I’b bei’g a burded.”

(I’m being a burden.)

“Shh, try to get back to sleep.”

“Defiditely deed it, I have to go to work toborrow.”

(Definitely need it, I have to go to work tomorrow.)

“What do you mean?”

“By bub said I have to be at work.”

(My mum said I have to be at work.)

“Really? Does she know you’re sick as a dog?”

“Yes but we do dot take sick d-hh-days. Mptch! Mptch! Mptch! Hehhhuh-huh-HUH’MPTCH! MPTCH’HOO! Sorry that was loud, I tried to keep theb quiet.”

“What did I say about apologizing?”

“I’b sorry.”

“What am I going to do with you?”

Currently deciding if I should send Theo to work tomorrow or if we should keep him in bed where he belongs

Considering Theo wants to please his mother and is overall stubborn, I think he should make the attempt to go to work for sure! Does Theo usually have loud sneezes?

19 hours ago, jai_is_bae? said:

Currently deciding if I should send Theo to work tomorrow or if we should keep him in bed where he belongs

He should stay and Sienna takes charge at work. It would be interesting to see her tell Christian off (if he's there too) 

I'm in love with this story and your characters 🥰

Edited by 2SHY222
2 hours ago, 2SHY222 said:

He should stay and Sienna takes charge at work. It would be interesting to see her tell Christian off (if he's there too) 

I'm in love with this story and your characters 🥰

Oh I like this too! 

Theo typically is a stifle kind of guy, but unfortunately (for him) when he’s sick sometimes they’re a bit too harsh

"What am I going to do with you?"

Even though it was a rhetorical question, she half expected him to answer. When the answer didn't come she questioned, "Theo?"

"Mptch! Mptch! Mptch! Hehh...Mptch'oo! MPTCH'hh!"

"Bless you. Those sounded harsh, you should've let them out."

"I do dot wad'da be loud."

"You're not disturbing anybody. Plus they are heavy sleepers, especially Mandy."

"Ok."

It went quiet for a couple of minutes. She thought he had drifted off to sleep, but five harsh jerks paired with, "Mptch! Ngtch! Hg'tch! Ngtch'oo! NG'tchoo!"

"Bless you."

Another couple of minutes passed before she heard his telltale hitching of breaths. He groaned into this one before, "Hg'tch! Hg'tch! Hg'tch! Huh'g'TCH! Hh..HNG'tchoo! I thi'g I bight deed to blow by dose."

"I'm going to turn on the light and get you some tissues."

"Ok."

She did as she was told, coming back with the tissue box she'd placed in front of him in the living room. She took a couple of tissues from the box and handed them over. He placed them over his nose and sucked in a breath through his mouth before trying to expel the congestion from his nose. It took a couple of unproductive blows before they could hear something dislodge and then the mucus burbling out. He coughed, turning away from her and covering his mouth with the tissue. He got up and stumbled on his way to throw the tissue away and wash his hands. Then he got back in bed, laid down and dropped his hands to his sides. He sniffled, groaned, and sniffled yet again.

"You sure you're done blowing?"

"Yea," he rasped, "I'll just dot breathe." His crackled lips remained open, eyes closed. She took this time to turn out the lights.

They'd both drifted off to sleep when suddenly Sienna was woken again. It didn't take long to find the cause this time. Theo's chestily, harsh coughs filled the room, shaking the bed and racking his body.

"You ok," she asked after a while. She didn't even know if he was getting any breaths in between the coughs and if he was, she didn't know how. They tumbled out of him one after the other. Once again she ripped the blankets off of herself and turned the light on. She walked sleepily into the kitchen where the lights were on and Vivian was up making some sort of batter. "Muffins," Sienna asked with a yawn.

"You know it. Why are you up?"

"Theo won't stop coughing, gotta get him some water."

"Oh. How long has this been going on?"

"I just woke up. Well for the second time. The first Theo was coughing and then he wouldn't stop sneezing."

"Hmm."

"Yea and then he said he's going to work tomorrow."

"Why? If he's been up coughing, then he should be in bed resting."

"Something about his mom, that woman."

Vivian shook her head. Theo's coughs sounded from the room, "Oh my god he sounds horrible."

"Let me get him this water." Sienna walked the water back to him. He had his arm up, coughing into it. His face was red as a tomato and his forehead was covered in beads of sweat. "Here, drink."

Theo's hand trembled as he accepted the water. Now that his arm was down, she saw that the coughing fit had somehow left his nose leaking. He brought the cup up to his lips and swallowed it gratefully before saying, "Sorry I woke you up agaid."

"Theo-"

"Ok, ok. I really do sidcerely regret disturbi'g you."

"It's ok, you're sick." He sniffled, apparently just having discovered the leakage at the bottom of his nostrils.

"Hh..hngtch! Hngtch! Hngtch'hh!" He moaned before gearing up for the final two. "HEH'TCHUH! UH'TCH!" He sniffled again.

"Uh uh, blow." He listened, blowing his nose. His head swam as he did so, breath hot, contents of the tissue hot, everything hot. A cold hand was placed on his forehead which made him shiver. "Ok temperature check time." She left the room again in search for the thermometer, not finding it in its usual spot in the bathroom. "Hey Viv, have you seen the thermometer?"

"It's not in the bathroom?"

"No." She begun searching the kitchen and living room for it. Vivian, seeing how distressed Sienna looked, joined in.

"Here SiSi, Mandy must've checked his temperature last night." She handed the thermometer to Sienna, washed her hands and went back to what she was doing. Meanwhile, Sienna took the thermometer back to her room. She handed it over to Theo who put it in his mouth. He closed his eyes as he held the tip of it steady. When it whined, he shook with a startle and then took it out.

"103.5," he read it to her.

"Why do you still have a fever," she asked herself, but it came out aloud.

"Mad'dy thi'ks I have the flu."

"Yea I think she's right. We'll have to get some Theraflu for you tomorrow."

"More drugs? Siedda, I dod't do drugs."

She couldn't help but laugh and he couldn't help but smile at the fact that it had worked in making her calm.

"Sorry, but I'm going to have to get some NyQuil in you, that fever is way too high."

"If I cad'dot apologize, deither cad you."

"Fine, I'll be back." Once again she strode into the kitchen.

"What now," Vivian asked, "You guys need to get back to sleep."

"I'm working on it, I need the NyQuil."

Vivian got it for her and handed it to her, "Bed now. Both of you."

Sienna saluted her and went back to the room. She gave him a dose of the NyQuil.

"Take it with me," he said.

"What?"

"I'll adbit this stuff, as bloody horrid as it is, this does kdock you out. You deed to sleep, I've kept you up lo'g edough."

"Fine." She waterfalled the bottle as he took his dose.

"How do you do that," he asked, face scrunched up.

"What?"

"How are you dot disgusted?"

"I don't know, DayQuil and NyQuil are my go to when I get sick."

"Oh."

"Yea."

"Back home do you have a go to?"

"Dot allowed to be sick rebeber?"

"Oh yea."

"Whed I was yuh'ger by father would give be sobe ki'd of bedicide. I do dot happe'd to rebeber what it was called. I was always feeli'g better id doh tibe," he paused to yawn and when he begun again it didn't even sound like he was aware he was talking. He continued nevertheless, "Thed agaid I was hardly ever sick growi'g up ad I was dever this sick. I thi'k I've odly ever had a fever ode other tibe and it was quite short."

"Oh so America has just messed you up then?"

"Pretty buch."

"Yea we have a habit of doing that sometimes."

"You kdow id is dot as bad as other people thi'k. You kdow Aberica has sobe beautiful wih'bed, appare'tly I would kdow." He sniffled thickly. "Ohh..scuse be. Mptch! Mptch! Mptch!" Even his sneezes were slower to come out, his body forcefully slowing down to rest. "Heh'mptch'oo! Mptch'oo!" The fact that the last two weren't harsh and louder said a lot for how his body was responding to the NyQuil. Though they did still make him shake as his body released them.

It was quiet for some time until she heard his breathing labor. She got up, turned the lights off, and crawled back into bed. Soft snores filled the room from beside her as she began succumbing to the NyQuil herself. "Night Theo," she whispered as she fell away into peaceful slumber.

Edited by jai_is_bae?

i’m so in love with this story. i do hope there is some contagion down the line with sienna ;)

Oh my GOSH, could Theo GET any cuter!?  Sienna, you are a hero, my dear...and seriously, the mother?!  She needs to be smacked.  Seriously.  What a beast.  I think the mum should get this rotten bug, just to put her in her PLACE.