• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pseudosneeze

• Blah!?

• Neesan

• BikermousefromMars

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I haven't played this game myself, a friend showed it to me but I think it might contain the odd swearword, so apologies if I'm posting this in the wrong place...

In the game "Alice: Madness Returns", there are floating pig snouts which are really sweet. You have a long range pepper grinder as a weapon and you have to shoot the snouts full of pepper to make them sneeze out secrets. When you shoot them, they swell up with pepper, and you can see them fighting not to sneeze.

• 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...

...this thread is pretty dead so I don't know if I should post here or not but I couldn't miss the fact that no one has mentioned these couple of things here yet so...

In Dragon Age: Origins there is this one male sneeze at one point quite close to the end of the game... When your story guest is "Landsmeet" and you've went to save Anora (or what ever the name of the queen is), you get captured and inprisoned (unless you manage to work some magic, I guess). Now then... When you choose to run away from the prison, you soon end up being mistaken for the new... guards, I think, and you are given a small task of getting ready with these two random men. They aren't bad looking characters, not at all, but they are with you for the shortest time. Anyway, they would need to get some equipment before you meet with the man who gave you the task... Well, just as you exit the storage room where you met these two short-time companions, one of them sneezes. That must be the best sneeze I've ever heard in any game, movie, western cartoon or anime. Seriously. It's just that good. Sadly though it's from a random character and a random sneeze. xD

...the other thing isn't really sneezing... It's the same thing that I have as a quote in my signature. You can hear it in DA:O if you have both Alistair and Wynne in your party. Alistair might complain to the mage that he's got a hole in his shirt that needs to be fixed or he might catch a cold. I guess he's just being a bitch towards Wynne. ...but that would be a nice situation, right? Alistair catching a cold.

Edited by Sitruuna

In Sims Castaway for DS, you get to this point where you find this girl who's sick and you need help her get better. She sneezes every 20 seconds or more I'd say. :)

I recently noticed while playing Assassin's Creed II that when you walk around the streets you will usually see someone sneeze occasionally. There is no audio, but you seem them quickly pitch forward into their hands and then they straighten back up, shake their heads a little, and continue walking. It's now become a personal game of mine to look out for sneezing people ;)

not sure if it was mentioned, but in an old war game "Worms" , if they get poisoned they sneeze, same thing goes with "Hogs of war"

not sure if it was mentioned, but in an old war game "Worms" , if they get poisoned they sneeze, same thing goes with "Hogs of war"

They sneeze randomly all the time in the latest one for XBLA

i don't know about the latest one, i just remember that the worms when you throw a poisonous grenade at them they would sneeze and lose health :D, allthough it is possible that i mixed it with Hogs Of War because it's almost the same there

• 1 year later...

What it says on the tin. There are tons and tons of individual threads; I'd really like to see an organized central reference post. I'd be happy to help start one, even. I'm not good at ongoing maintenance since I have ADHD but someone else who is better at it is welcome to take over anything I start, and in general, folks are welcome to respond to this post remembering video game sneezing, coughing or illness they've encountered and start making this into the central thread that we so direly need!

Doing this piecemeal, since I am posting from my phone and don't want to lose text in progress.

PC

*The Sims games:

** Sims 1 has the guinea pig disease

** Sims 2 has colds and flus. Was supposed to have allergies in Seasons but wasn't developed properly so it apparently happens at random

** Sims Medieval has sickly characters who catch illnesses easily

** Sims 3 has allergies as of Seasons (does it have colds? Anyone know?)

Console

*Legend of Zelda (which games/editions?) - Link sneezes when he gets cold

Older Games/DOS and Similar

*Legend of Zelda (which games/editions?) - Link sneezes when he gets cold

I know it's in Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask. I don't know what other games it's in, though. I know it's NOT in Twilight Princess or Skyward Sword.

Also, I know Snake sneezes in one of the games he's in...but i don't know anything about Snake.

I've seen a thing about that in DYKG I think.

Just popped over to the wiki.

The Cold Medicine first appears in Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake and allows the player to cure Snake of cold symptoms. Snake will develop a cold if he remains in the water of the underground drainage ditch for an extended period of time, causing him to sneeze at regular intervals, and alerting any nearby guards. While swimming in the drainage ditch is not mandatory, this article assumes that Snake did so.
Medicine appears in Metal Gear Solid and serves the same purpose as in the previous game. After Snake escapes imprisonment, he will become afflicted with Johnny Sasaki's cold if the player submitted to Revolver Ocelot's earlier torture.
It reappears again in Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty. Because of Raiden being stripped of all his gear, including his clothing, upon his capture, as well as Arsenal Gear's cold temperature for GW's operations, Raiden could become afflicted with a cold due to his lack of protective warmth over his body after escaping.

Well, well. It makes sense, a game like that, for a cold to be annoying. I mean, how you supposed to hide inconspicuously in a box if the box keeps jolting and making noise? heh.gif

Edit: As for other sneezes in video games...

Sonic the Hedgehog actually sneezes twice in the first cutscene for Sonic and the Secret Rings. >w>

He then wishes for 'a handkerchief for starters. Make that a few!' and ends up in a pile of them, a la Captain Kirk in a pile of tribbles.

That moment absolutely killed me when I was younger when I found it.

Edited by Daisoku

There's a cute game for the DS that has its sequel for the 3DS come out in North America in June or so called Tomodachi Collection where you create and import mii characters to live on an island. I've played the first game and the little mii characters sneeze occasionally when you tap on their windows, they can also catch colds and you're supposed to give them medicine in order to level up their happiness level and earn money. There's also the news channel that gives the pollen count once or twice but something went wrong with my game in the middle of it so I'll have to wait to see it again.

In a game called Tokimeki Memorial Girl's Side 2nd Kiss/Season, there's a mode where you can touch your date with the DS stylus but if you leave them be they'll sneeze along with yawn and a few other things that vary from character to character. In 1st Love/1st Love Plus, there's a scene with a character named Morimura who sneezes from the colder air outside the cinema if you go on a date there during the winter. I'm not sure if there is any sneezing in 3rd Story/3rd Story Premium, having played around four playthroughs without much luck but I'll try to get back if there are any once I finish up all the routes.

In Harvest Moon DS/Cute, if you throw your dog's ball in the duck pond, the mayor of Mineral Town will come back with it, saying that he had to dive into the pond to retrieve it and sneezes as he expresses his irritation with the player losing the ball.

In iDOLM@STER Dearly Stars for the DS, there are at least 2 promotion events in Ryo's story that have him sneeze twice or more, though one is voiced and needs certain answer to choices to get him to sneeze but this will not earn the maximum memory points he can gain if the event is played properly; the other is not story related and therefore not voiced, but he sneezes on his own without any player input needed (though one of the correct choices is, in fact, a sneeze). The voiced is in the first part of his story, but the one that is not voiced requires a certain level of Vocal/Visual/Dance stats and is only available to unlock if one of the auditions is failed so it risks a bad ending. In iDOLM@STER2 for the Xbox360/PS3, there is an unpaid promotion event if you have Hibiki in your idol unit and meet certain criteria where you help Hibiki get out a sneeze she cannot get out herself.

There's a game called Love Plus+, that I have not been able to play due to money being a bit tight (Anti-Piracy makes the player's virtual girlfriend dump them, just a warning), where the player character and their love interest can get sick, I'm not entirely sure what happens but there's quite a bit of caretaking fluff from what I've heard. In the first game, which I have played, if I recall correctly if you choose to be with Takane (I did, so I'm unsure of what the other girls would do) and you start up the game in winter, sometimes she'll sneeze and comment on the cold weather.

Of course, there's the hiker near Lavender Town in the Pokemon games featuring the Kanto region who sneezes and mentions he has hay fever. There's also the blackbelt in D/P/Pt near Snowpoint City who brags about not wearing warmer clothing before the battle and then sneezes after, stating he should probably dress warmer (seems he never does, thanks to the Vs. Seeker you can battle him over and over again). In the same game, there's another blackbelt in one of the areas you unlock after the Elite Four and National Pokedex who meditates under a waterfall and catches a cold from doing so.

In Animal Crossing New Leaf, the player character can learn the sneezing emotion from Dr. Shrunk and use it to their heart's content. Some of the NPC's use it too, which is pretty neat since the older games used to just use the anger emotion for sneezes.

That's all I can list for now, but I hope this helps with your list :D

What it says on the tin. There are tons and tons of individual threads; I'd really like to see an organized central reference post. I'd be happy to help start one, even. I'm not good at ongoing maintenance since I have ADHD but someone else who is better at it is welcome to take over anything I start, and in general, folks are welcome to respond to this post remembering video game sneezing, coughing or illness they've encountered and start making this into the central thread that we so direly need!

I'm pretty sure a thread dedicated to video game sneezing does or at least did exist (just had a quick search and failed to find it). As I remember there was a fair sized collection of reported sneezes and some clips posted.

I'm always surprised more games don't make use of sneezing as an in game element considering how many use stealth sections and it would be a good way to ramp up the tension :D

I'm pretty sure a thread dedicated to video game sneezing does or at least did exist

Found it! I think that may have been the thread where I first discovered the Sims2 Make Me Sick cheat. I may or may not have started giving my Sims perpetual colds afterwards...

Norman Jayden, the FBI agent in Heavy Rain, sneezes and looks generally miserable if you leave him idle in the rain too long. :wub:

I'm pretty sure a thread dedicated to video game sneezing does or at least did exist

Found it!I think that may have been the thread where I first discovered the Sims2 Make Me Sick cheat. I may or may not have started giving my Sims perpetual colds afterwards...

Thank you for finding it! Have merged the topics for easy browsing.
  • 2 weeks later...

So, picture of the character in question for those who don't know him (lol):

Komplettloesung-Dragon-Age-Origins-Oghren-745x466-9647dd0fb1ed29ad.jpg

He's name is Oghren and he is a dwarf (which explains why he looks the way he looks) from Dragon Age: Origins.

Anyway, this hasn't been mentioned in this thread yet, so I thought I'd... leave it here even though he's no male model.

When you enter the Brecilian Forest first time with Oghren in your party, he will sneeze and say: "All this greenery is making me sick."

I know in bowsers inside story for the DS (I think) there is a part where you can make bowser sneeze!! He sniffs a flower and Mario and luigi are in bowsers nose and have to get pollen into certain areas of his nose and he eventually sneezes. :)

Edited by HarleyQuinnSFF

So I've been rather obsessed with the Elder Scrolls Online (I mean, come on an MMO all about the Elder Scrolls??), and I found something rather cute while questing. There's a quest in an area called Rivenspire where you are supposed to convince people to enlist in the local guard, and one of the people is a lovesick fool who is deeply in love with a woman. It's your character's job to play matchmaker, and you go around town asking people what this woman's favorite things are. Her brother conveniently mentions that she is highly allergic to flowers, and to not give them to her under any circumstances or she will start sneezing like crazy.

Needless to say despite my character's good nature, I went the sabotage route, and picked some daisies to give to her. She only sneezes once when you give them to her, but it's not the worst videogame sneeze I've heard, and the whole story is actually pretty cute. Just thought I'd mention it!

• 3 weeks later...

Tomodatchi Life for Nintendo DS came out yesterday. There is some sneezing in it that I wanted to detail:

1. Sometimes one of your Miis will let you know it has a problem, and you can go into their room to see what they need. They could want food, clothes, a new friend, etc. but sometimes they will say "I need to sneeze but it won't come out." You can then tap "Lemme Help" and you will go to a minigame screen entitled, "Sneeze! Sometimes a sneeze just won't sneeze" You will be given a feather, which you can wiggle around to tickle their nose. If you do it right, they will give a cartoony "ACHOO!" sneeze, and then say something to the affect of, "Phew! What a relief." Sometimes they will build up a bit first, with a cartoony "Ha!" or two. It is possible to fail the minigame though, they will not sneeze, and will say, "That was weird, it didn't really do it for me."

2. The Miis can dream and you will be able to tell because a thought bubble with a Z in it will appear over their head while they are sleeping (as opposed to when they are not dreaming, just a few Z's will float by, not in a bubble). If you tap the bubble you can enter the dream. There are many it can be, and two involve sneezing. In one, the Mii stands there and builds up with cartoony "Ha!... Ha!"s until they sneeze a big cartoony "ACHOO!" that blows them backwards off into the distance. The other shows the Mii sneezing themself across the screen with cartoony "Achoo!" sneezes. They sneeze, fly up into the air slightly, land on the ground, stand up, sneeze, repeat, all the way across the screen, until they say, "I wonder if I'm catching a cold." They sneeze twice more after this, and then the game ends.

The Hypnotizer item lets you play through a dream again with a Mii of your choice. You scroll through a list of every dream you have seen, the ones you haven't seen will be just a line of question marks. The game counts both Sneeze dreams as the same, so when you choose the Sneeze option with the Hypnotizer, you will randomly get one of those two.

3. The Miis will say something when you enter the room, and if they don't have a problem for you to solve, they will have a thought bubble with "..." in it, which just means a line of dialogue consistent with their personality type has been generated. Now this doesn't come up very often, but one possible line they can say here is something to the effect of, "My goal for this month is not to catch a... Achoo! *ahem* a cold."

Has anyone played 'Watch Dogs' yet? I remember watching a video about a year ago where they were demo-ing some of the street scenes, and one of the NPCs sneezed randomly as they passed by. Has this feature found its way into the finished game I wonder...?

Has anyone played 'Watch Dogs' yet? I remember watching a video about a year ago where they were demo-ing some of the street scenes, and one of the NPCs sneezed randomly as they passed by. Has this feature found its way into the finished game I wonder...?