Sneeze Fetish Forum

Dear Nice Person

Demon327

Dear incredibly cool people,

thanks for writing all those awesome foodblogs. Especially the baking blogs. Thank you for posting all that info, those wonderful recipes, tricks and tips. And pictures. And videos! From stay-at-home mothers and fathers to professional bakers, thank you for all the awesome videos. Seriously. You do it without being paid or anything, just for the goodness of your hearts. It's wonderful. I won't exaggerate a bit to say that you have changed my kitchen habits (both cooking and eating), and thus my life.

:unsure:

:confused: and respect,

A happy home baker

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

(so this is fairly personal in nature but it's a GOOD thing and I'm really, really grateful to the point where I'm almost bursting and and and... :confused: )

Dear Therapist,

Thank you for listening without just looking for something that fits any kind of diagnosis. Thank you for finally understanding what I've been telling psychologists, therapists, doctors, welfare officers, parents and friends and whatnot for the past THIRTEEN YEARS - and finally, finally finding the root of it all. Finally someone listened all the way and heard what I was saying as well.

I'm still not sure I'll ever be like anyone else. I still have a feeling it's been going on for far too long to repair completely. But now I know there is someone who hasn't given up on me and who knows there is nothing "wrong" with me, as in mentally illness. Someone who doesn’t say “oh, you know what, suit yourself, it’s obvious that you WANT to suffer!”, which hurts deeply because I really don’t. Who the hell wants to suffer?!

So thank you for understanding. I really hope you can help me come up with a way to undo the harm. And I think I trust you. It took thirteen years of different types of therapy and different types of doctors/therapists to find one who listens - and it took you thirteen sessions to figure me out. To find the real problem. It’s always said that you never see what’s right in front of you and I guess it’s true. Only I saw it, but nobody has seen what I’ve been trying to show them for all these years.

So thank you for finally seeing it. I want to say “about bloody time someone did”, but I’m far too grateful. Maybe there will be life for me after all. A good life. Someday.

Eternally grateful,

NOT schizophrenic/borderline/asperger/et cetera and NOT "just whiny".

:unsure:

Chanel, that sounds just wonderful. I hope you continue to go from strength to strength and have finally found the help you really need.

Dear nice person,

thank you so much for what you are doing for me, I don't think you could ever understand how much i means to me. I don't think anyone realized how close I truely was to giving up for good, how ready I was to end it all. and you have been central to the chain of events that has brought me out of the pit I've been in for almost a year. Thank you for loving me just because, for not judging me for anything, for being so patient and kind, for always being there with open ams for me. I am looking forward to my future and my life more than I ever thought possible, there were times I didn't think I'd live to see another day, and now I'm so grateful I was able to push through and get to this place where everything is finally falling into place, I can be free and happy and have joy and peace, I can start living my life free from depression and self injury and suicidal thoughts. I owe you my life, literally, because you saved it, so thank you, I love you with all of my heart, you are completely amazing

Dear Nice Person,

Thank you all for supporting a friend. Her dad's gone, still fresh, but she's still surviving and living as she always had, determined as ever. And you guys help her, and keep her strong. :drool:

Love,

Me.

Dear Son,

Thank you for saying "sorry" when you got a little crabby tonight. But I know it's hard to be a teenager. I'm glad we went out to dinner, and I do hope that you become a biomedical engineer or whatever makes you happy. I'll be there to cheer you on, no matter what.

Love,

Your Mom

Dear Uncle David,

Thank you for the long phone call last night. I think you are a big man. Thank you for listening to me rant about my son's choice of high school process. And thank you so much for understanding the deflection question. It is so nice to talk to another engineer.

Your nephew,

Demon

Dear Pretty,

Thank you for being such a nice girl tonight. I think we had some fun, don't you? Best part of it was the hug though. It was wonderful to be able to hug you again and not sense you trying to back away.

Thank you. You really made my day.

Love,

Starry-Eyed.

Dear Nice Person

Thank you for liking me enough to rent your house out to me and my little family. I'm unbelievably happy and love the house. Thank you for giving me that chance I so need right now.

Your very grateful tenant x

Dear George,

I love your hugs, and am so glad we can do that again!

XOXOXOXO

Sylvia :)

Dear B,

Loving your notes lately! Thanks for making me smile!

XOXOXOXO

Sylvia :)

Dear Nice Person,

I'm so glad our paths crossed...I hope you know that. You're one of the lovliest persons I've ever met, and if this silly ocean wasn't in the way, we'd be sharing an ice cream sundae and a beer.

Love,

Me

Dear small band of coworkers,

I had a blast tonight :( We need to go out for drinks more often (especially as I get to stay sober and watch you all get sillier as the evening progresses!)

~ Love, Me.

Dear brother and sister-in-law,

Sushi was awesome, and I'm really enjoying getting to spend more time with both of you :drool: Sometimes, the greatest friends are hiding right under your nose!

~ Love, your sister.

Dear Job (job = work, not Job like in the Bible),

You've been crazy-busy these last couple of days, but I love it. I love bouncing between phone calls and e-mails and meetings and deadlines and research and most of all, delivering on time a quality product with my unique insights. It's fun and it makes me proud. It makes the days go fast. I even love my job when I have to take stuff home to read and analyze, like this weekend, because I know that I'll have a few interesting things to say on top of what everyone else thinks. You're cool.

Love,

Me-the-worker

Dear friend

You make this world a better place for me to be in. You cheer me up when I'm feeling sad and you support me whenever I need help. AND you make me laugh. Thank you for being there and thank you for being you.

:(

Love you

Sx

Dear cat kids,

I love you so much. I don't know how I would be able to go through one single day without either of you. Please live forever.

Your Mommy

Dear Neighbour,

Thank you for taking the time to clear our driveway of snow. We don't talk very often but I am often amazed at how helpful you are to these random foreigners who have moved in next door. Your kindness goes a long way towards helping me to feel good about being here.

Gratefully yours

Vet

Demon gave me an assignment this morning. I have to write out five things that I'm grateful for today :)

so here goes:

Dear Demon,

I am thankful that I have a friend like you to turn to when things seem very dark and troubling. I am thankful that I have two beautiful children who are challenging and fascinating creatures. I am thankful for the fact that, against all reason and logic, I bought an enormous treadmill that I really couldn't afford at the time (still really can't, but meh) and so now I have it at my disposal (and at the children's disposal) whenever I like :laugh: I am thankful that I have become friends with my brother (and his wife) - we spent so many years at each other's throats, or avoiding each other outright, and I am very much enjoying having him as a friend now. And finally, I am thankful that I can change things in my life, that I can try to improve myself, and that I can succeed if I drive myself to do it!

~ Love, me.

Dear Dr. S.,

You made me laugh today, and I needed that. Your encouragement, your faith in me, and your kind words are things that have just put you at the top of my list. I enjoy working with you, because I thrive when I can be with humble, decent people.

Thanks for taking away some of my bitterness. :)

Sincerely,

Dr. D.

Dear Toilet,

Thank you for breaking today. You're only -- what -- almost 42 years old? You sorely need to be replaced, you and your twin brother upstairs. It's been fun, but when you gotta go, you gotta go.

:dribble:

Love,

Your Owner

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Lovely Persons,

You just make my life incredible, you know that? You do. I am so fiercely proud of you both; I didn't know I could have so much love, pride, and protection in me for anyone. I'm so happy that you're both happy. I'm so amazed by your accomplishments. I'm so blown away by the wonderful young adults you've become.

You've taught me so much. Thank you.

Love,

Your Big Sister

• 2 months later...

Dear cats,

I love you. You are my reason for getting up each day and sleep through the nights, without you I don't think I'd ever even tried - I've been so tired of trying and failing... but you depend on me and I will never let you down. You will never be without food, water or cat litter. Not ever. Even if I'll have to survive for months on pancakes with nothing on, or macaroni with ketchup, in order to afford what you need. You are my kids, and I'll do anything for you. Anything.

Love,

Your Mommy.

Dear Boss,

I love you. Can I take you home with me and keep you for always? :D

Dear new co-workers,

you too....

~ Me

Archived