Sneeze Fetish Forum

Drabbles!

Quite Contrary

Awh you're back, sweet :) . Adrian mate, you inspire people . :) . Yeh Awh I really like these charecters c:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got another one! Spring is beginning, and I found an old suggestion that inspired me, although I don't remember whose suggestion it was. But no blabbering, here we go!

83 – Dirty

Gktsh!” James could barely shut the door behind him, wrist pressed against his nose, breathing erratic, “H’isch-isht! Heh’ih’uh…hih! H’ishchuh!

“James?” Kai poked his head above the back of the couch where was sitting, brows drawn together in confusion, “Your note said to let myself in, so I’ve been w -”

Eptshuh! Snf! Sooh…s-sorryyih! Hih! Hih! H’ISHhew! Ngktsh!

Kai squirmed around to get a better look at his boyfriend. To his surprise, James was covered in dirt: the knees of his jeans were just two large grass stains, the hems were brown, and there were dirt streaks on his white t-shirt, hands, even one on his cheek. Kai was guessing that was from sneezing, which James seemed to be doing a lot of at the moment. He was already gearing up for another round. Kai snagged the nearest tissue box and leapt off the couch, grabbing a handful of tissues to press into James’ browned hands. “Hihhh…Hgkt-shu! Snffff-snff!” James stifled his sneezes, buying himself time to blow his nose, “H’igkt! Mbgkt! Uhh…Snf!

Kai stared at James as the brunet blew his nose again, keeping the tissue pressed firmly against the offending appendage when he was done. “What happened?” Kai ventured to ask.

James winced, rubbing his nose vigorously. “I was mowing the…” James pinched his nose hard, and released it, “Ahh. Mowing the lawn. I didn’t…didn’t rhhealize the…hhthe p-pol…heh’ih! P-polleehhh…P-H’Ischuh! Issht-ishiuh! Idschu! Uhh…. Gssht! Huhh…hih-hih-h’idschuuh!

James blew his nose again, wetly, and dragged in a breath through his mouth. “Pollend coundt was so high,” he finally finished, massaging his nostrils between pinched fingers.

Allergic tears had gathered at the corners of his eyes and Kai stood on tiptoe to wipe them away with his clean hands. “Isn’t your allergy shot tomorrow?” Kai realized aloud.

Heh’gssht!” James blinked blearily down at the shorter boy, “Hhyeah. I guess it…it is hah’ischuh! Hhiiihh…ih! H’ishhuh! O-oh…”

Kai shook his head and took James by the hand, leading him further into his own house. “C’mon, you need a shower.”

“Yeaahh…Hih! Hah’idschtew!

Pure fetishy fluff. If you liked it, let me know! smile.png Also, for those that are interested, I have started writing again for my longer story with these two boys, Where the Heart Is, so hopefully I will have something posted for that soon!

Howly cow! *cries*

I'm so glad this came back I really missed these guys!

I looooove sneezy James! And Kai is just so cute!!!

• 1 month later...

do the drabble victim where kai gets beat up from bullies because of being in an orphanage and then james has to tend to his injuries but james keeps sneezing from allergies

• 1 year later...

So...it's been a ridiculously long time. But a while back, I started writing for this drabble prompt again, just to get some creative juices flowing, and I've just been hoarding them on my hard drive. thumbdown.gif Which seems selfish. So in case anybody else might be interested in them, here is a drabble.

50 – Gentle

Kai winced and hissed as James smeared more translucent goo across his chest. The brunet instantly removed his hand, clutching the blue container to his chest. “I’m sorry,” he moaned, “I’m trying to be gentle, I swear.”

Kai was three days into a flu, and he was sore, inside and out. “I wish I could just stand in the middle of a room with nothing touching me. Not even clothes,” Kai murmured, thinking out loud.

James tried to picture his boyfriend, buck naked, standing in their bedroom spread out like a starfish. Kai giggled at James’ concentrated look, nose scrunched, eyes squinting with one eyebrow raised. “Maybe not,” Kai said, smile turning to a frown as his laughter turned to coughing.

It was James’ turn to wince at the slushy sound, wondering how all that shit managed to get inside Kai’s lungs. “I hope this stuff starts working soon,” James murmured, itching to reach out and touch Kai, sooth him somehow.

“Me too,” Kai muttered, “This sucks. Hih! H’ischew! Hp’tshuh!

“Bless you.”

“Thanks,” Kai returned, sniffling.

They were quiet in the evening light for a moment. “Well,” James drawled, “I don’t know about the standing naked thing, but I have another proposition for you.”

“Mm?” Kai snagged a tissue and blew his nose, blinking tiredly at James over the white square.

“I keep rubbing this crap on your chest and then we both try and get some sleep,” James offered with a soft smile.

Kai laughed, “We have a deal. Slime me up, baby.”

Hope somebody enjoyed this (if you did, maybe let a writer know, we like to hear read that stuff blushsmiley.gif ). There will be at least four more...because that's how many I have written. And now...back to lurking. upsidedwnsmiley.gif

Wow wow WOW... I just spent my entire evening (stealing glances at my phone during dinner, playtime and making ready for bed with my hubbie and my boys) reading THIS ENTIRE DRABBLE COLLECTION OF PURE AWESOME!!!!! I have important stuff to do you know!!! Shame on you for being such an amazing writer and for making me spend all my night picturing your wonderful boys in all their sneezy, caring, cuddling and sick glory!!! *scowls*

*drop to my knees, pleading*

Please, please PLEASE DO MORE!!!!!!!!!

I am duly ashamed, Juto07ab. shy.gif But not enough to stop writing them. wink1.gif Although, seriously, if you made your way through all of these drabbles in the last 24 hours, all I can say is DAMN! That's very impressive! And also thank you! So, in return for your lovely comment (and also because I said I would), I have another drabble to post! This one has a bit more whump to it.

74 – Shut Up

Kai’s leg jiggled anxiously as he leaned halfway out of his chair to peer into the hallway. He shook his head and sat back, unable to keep still. James breath caught, drawing Kai’s gaze to him, and the brunet flinched forward, “Ip’kshiuhh! Heh! Huh’eptshiu!

James relaxed back against the bleached white pillows, wincing as the muscles in his abdomen tensed and released. “Bless you,” Kai kissed the back of James’ hand, trying to look down the hallway again.

“Take half your blood for ‘testing,’ God forbid they ever come back with the results, or some anti-emetics, or some fucking Tylenol,” Kai muttered to himself.

James brushed his thumb across Kai’s palm, bringing him back. Kai hadn’t let go of his hand since he’d been admitted. “You gave me Tylenol before we came,” James reminded him, his voice raspy.

Kai nodded, apologetic. “I know,” he said softly, raking a hand through his tangled hair, “I’m sorry, I’m just…worried.”

Kai offered a weak smile, making a conscious effort to bounce his leg in a slightly less disruptive manner. James returned the smile, his lips pale and dry. Kai ran his fingers over James’ IV drip as if he could make it hydrate James faster. The brunet turned his head away from Kai to sneeze once again, “H’itschiu! Snfsnf.

James winced again. Every cough, sneeze, and sniffle tugged at his sore abdominal muscles. The itch lingered and James waited, trying not to fight it, “Hhh…heh! H’idjschuh!

“Bless you,” Kai murmured again.

‘Worried’ had been an understatement. Kai caught every wince, every pinched look of discomfort on his boyfriend’s face. There was nothing he could do and he hated it. He leaned forward, trying to catch the eye of any nurse passing through the hall. “I guess turnabout is fair play,” James’ voice interrupted his thoughts.

Kai grit his teeth, his grip on James’ hand tightening. He felt like he might puke. James squeezed Kai’s hand, instantly regretting his words. “Hey,” he rasped, “I’m sorry.”

Kai shook his head, trying to wave off the apology, but he couldn’t open his mouth. He was afraid to speak in case something else came up. “Kai, seriously,” James tried again, “That was out of line.”

Kai swallowed hard, his leg practically shaking his chair. “No, you’re…it’s true,” Kai managed, trying to play it off with a light laugh but it came out shrill.

How many times had he done this to James? Left him sitting in a hospital, worrying, while he coughed up his lungs or spiked a fever? His hands itched to pull through his hair. James squeezed his hand harder, yanking him from his thoughts to meet James eyes, blue and sincere. “It’s not true,” James insisted, “I didn’t get sick on purpose and neither do you. It wasn’t okay for me to say that.”

Kai chewed at the inside corner of his lip. God, he felt sick. “But it still hurts you,” he said, glancing down at the IV needle in James’ other hand.

“Shut up,” James cut him off with a rueful smile, sniffling, “It scares me, but it hurts you too. I’m just here for dehydration, but I know that better than ever now.”

“’Just dehydration’,” Kai muttered, looking at the doorway for a nurse again.

James tugged at Kai’s hand, pulling his gaze along with it. “I’ll be fine,” James pushed, “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean it.”

Kai paused, searching James’ face with flickering eyes. He nodded, lessening his grip on James’ hand. He checked his watch and frowned. “Oh for God’s sake,” Kai leaned back, waving his hand as footsteps came down the hallway, “Nurse!”

Hope everybody enjoys! If you did, maybe leave a comment thumbsup.gif Aaaand I'll be back soon!

Edited because formatting is a bitch. So if the indentation still looks wonky, well...shit.gif

Edited again because I give up. The internet hates appropriate paragraph formatting.

AWWWWWWWWWWWW role reversal. I LOVE IT!!!

Normally I'm a sucker for sick, sneezy and oh so brave Kai, but my heart grows a few inches whenever he's overly worried about James!!! This was soooooo sweet!!!

Edited because formatting is a bitch. So if the indentation still looks wonky, well...

Edited again because I give up. The internet hates appropriate paragraph formatting.

I feel your pain. But seriously, this was awesome and beautiful and I am very glad these are back. I've missed James and Kai, and worried Kai is so freaking adorable! Scratch that, Kai is freaking adorable always. And of course James is such a cutie too!

OH MY GOSH. pinch.gifsurprise.gifstun.gif

What can I say?? I just spent 2 hours reading these and I don't regret a single minute of it. James and Kai are just so cute! Every single one of these drabbles was incredibly unique and well written... I think my heart just broke (almost) 100 times. blushsmiley.gif

Long story short, THESE ARE PERFECT. Thank you so much for writing them! I seriously hope you continue wubsmiley.gif

Hey everyone! Quick update: I have just driven across the U.S.! Yayyyyy.... (Oklahoma is so damn flat, seriously, why uhhuh.gif ) I had limited access to wifi, so it was difficult to post. I definitely have more drabbles written. I will post the next one very soon, hopefully tomorrow! Thank you all for your lovely, lovely comments! More soon, really, truly, I promise. winkiss.gif

Ok! As promised, a new drabble! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif Just a little silliness for this one, and must more drabble-ish length. If you don't know/remember who Alex and Trish are.....you might want to backtrack through this drabble thread. Basically, Trish and Alex are sister and brother, and they grew up with Kai in a group home. On with the drabble!

97 – Fashion

Trish and Kai weren’t surprised to find Alex already holding down a table in the cafeteria when they arrived. His blonde hair was immaculately mussed as usual, seeming effortlessly stylish in tight khaki pants, a striped v-neck t-shirt, and a beat-up blazer…with a handkerchief in front pocket. Kai bit down on a smirk. “Hey, Alex,” Trish greeted him, a smile tucked in the corner of her mouth, “What’s with the hanky?”

Alex rolled his eyes, his expression schooled into disinterest around his cherry red nose. “Id’s a fashiod stademedt.”

Kai snickered at the congestion thick in Alex’s stuck-up reply. “Oh, I agree it’s a statement,” Trish teased her brother, “I think fashion might be a bit of a stretch.”

Alex gave a disdainful sniff. His nose twitched and wrinkled in reply, and he whipped the handkerchief from his pocket with a flourish as his breath caught, “Heh’kshu!

Alex dabbed at his nose, and Kai laughed outright at the ridiculous image Alex made. The blonde glared at him over the white square, “Oh, piss off.”

Still giggling, Kai raised both hands and backed away, heading towards the lunch line. Trish couldn’t help grinning as she watched her brother jam the crumpled white cloth back into his pocket. “Are you sure you don’t want to raise the white flag?” she asked, biting the inside of her cheek.

“I’b fide,” Alex punctuated his retort with a sniff, “Fabulous, eved.”

Alex choked on his words, coughing delicately into his sleeve. Trish shook her head with a rueful grin. “Glad to hear it,” she said, patting his back as she followed Kai to lunch.

Ohmygosh, I think I fixed my formatting! w00t.gif I hope you all enjoyed. The drabble, not the formatting. Or the formatting, if that's your thing. Who am I to judge. More James and Kai to come!

“Are you sure you don’t want to raise the white flag?” she asked, biting the inside of her cheek.

“I’b fide,” Alex punctuated his retort with a sniff, “Fabulous, eved.”

Simply loved this!! Alex is a great character.

Also, laughing and giggling Kai? It's so heartwarming in a different way than sneezy Kai. (Don't get me wrong, sneezy Kai is ALWAYS preferable, but laughing Kai sounds adorable) could you maybe be persuaded to do a mix? Perhaps a sneezy, giggling, possibly drunk Kai?

On a different note. Is Trish older than James and Kai, or is Alex younger? She just seems older to me. Sorry, if I'm wrong.

Haha, this was ingenious! :D

Your characters are all super amazing xD

I'd love to read more of your fabulous drabbles soon ;)

Hey, all! Thanks for the lovely support and comments so far, I really appreciate you guys taking the time to let me know you're enjoying them. thumbsupsmiley.png Sorry for the semi-slow updates, but I do swear there are more drabbles on their way after this one. Really, really.

Juto07ab - I don't know about drunk, but I could maybe work out a benedryl (benadryll? bene I am too lazy to google the spelling)-high, giggling Kai. That's a possibility, I'll let it rumble around. To answer your question, I have had these characters a long time, so the ages have probably moved around. I haven't thought about it in a while, tbh. But I'd say that Trish and Alex are Irish twins (less than 12 months apart). Trish is probably a year older than Kai, with Kai, James, and Alex being the same age. Trish has had a lot of life experiences that she carries much more heavily/openly than Kai carries his, and she is also very protective of Kai. So she seems older without being actually that much older. Which is probably way more info than you wanted loloopssorry.blushsmiley.gif Thanks for all your wonderful comments!!! It really keeps my motivation up!

Anyway! On with the drabble. No sneezing in this one, it's illness/coughing, sorry about that... Also, if you are phobic/sensitive, this is mention of nausea in this but it comes nowhere near actually v-ing. So...hopefully people will still like this? Yikes. worriedsmiley.gif

42 – Poison

Kai curled away from his drawing, the pencils in his hand bruising his fingers where he gripped them too tightly as he coughed. James swiveled in his desk chair to look at his boyfriend. He chewed his lip. “That cough really doesn’t sound good,” he said when the fit ended, “Do you want some cough syrup? I think we still have some in the bathroom.”

Kai grimaced, gritting his teeth as a few wheezy coughs dragged their way out of his lungs. He shook his head, resisting the urge to wipe his brow. He felt warm. He could hear the frown in James’ voice, “Are you sure?”

Kai nodded, “Yeah, I’m okay.”

His voice came out for shit, a worthless rasp that scraped and irritated his throat. James sighed. Even though it was air moving out of his lungs, it sounded to Kai like a deep breath in; he could tell James was preparing for something. Kai focused on the pencils in his hand, glancing back at his drawing. He shook his head. He wasn’t even sure what he was drawing anymore. “It’s not bad yet, James,” he murmured, trying to head his boyfriend off.

“Yet,” James repeated.

Kai winced, hearing his mistake. “It might get worse,” James insisted, “It sounds like it’s going to get worse.”

James’ tone was gentle, but Kai felt rubbed the wrong way, a headache growing between his eyes. He had yet to put pencil to paper again. “It sounds worse than it is.”

As if on cue, Kai felt his lungs seize, his pencils clattering to the floor as he coughed desperately. Kai blinked watering eyes, taking grateful sips of air when the urge to spit out his lungs faded. He came face to face with a tiny cup of thick purple liquid. He pulled back from it, “James…”

“If it’s half as bad as it sounds, it’s bad enough,” James said firmly.

His chest started to feel small, the skin tightening around his ribs, and Kai felt fidgety. “C’mon,” James insisted quietly.

“I said I don’t want it!” Kai snapped.

There was silence, and James’ jaw set. “You’d think I was trying to poison you,” James said, his voice as cold as ice.

The brunet picked up the tiny cup and marched it back into the bathroom. Kai felt sick in the silence. Or perhaps sicker was a more accurate description. He padded in socked feet to the bathroom. “I’m sorry,” he whispered to his boyfriend’s back, “I’ll take it.”

He could see some tension ease out of James’ shoulders, but his own only increased. He tried to keep his hand from shaking as he reached for the cup, bringing it towards his mouth. The sickly sweet smell hit him, like rotting grapes and ethanol, and Kai’s stomach rolled. James watched as his boyfriend blanched. Kai dropped the cup on the bathroom counter and swallowed hard. “I need to sit,” he rasped, and folded gracelessly to the tile floor.

James went down after him, concerned. He offered his hand to Kai, who gripped it hard, taking deep breaths through his nose as well as he could. “Sorry,” Kai managed after a minute, “It makes me…gag. And I was already nauseous.”

James frowned, “You were? Maybe it’s the flu.”

Kai took another deep breath, color slowly returning to his face. “I was hoping maybe I ate too much breakfast.”

James raised an eyebrow, “You had half a piece of toast.”

Kai’s mouth quirked upwards in a shadow of a smile, “Maybe it was more hopeful than rational.”

James squeezed his hand, smiling in return. “Excellent observation, my dear Watson.”

Kai’s smile grew stronger. James reached out, brushing a palm over Kai’s forehead. “You do feel a little warm. You want some Tylenol? They’re tablets,” he hurried to reassure.

Kai chuckled, “Yeah, that sounds good. Thank you.”

Hope everybody enjoyed! If you did enjoy and you want to let me know, that would be super awesome! Like I said, more drabbles to come, just hang tight. sport.gif

Juto07ab - I don't know about drunk, but I could maybe work out a benedryl (benadryll? bene I am too lazy to google the spelling)-high, giggling Kai. That's a possibility, I'll let it rumble around. To answer your question, I have had these characters a long time, so the ages have probably moved around. I haven't thought about it in a while, tbh. But I'd say that Trish and Alex are Irish twins (less than 12 months apart). Trish is probably a year older than Kai, with Kai, James, and Alex being the same age. Trish has had a lot of life experiences that she carries much more heavily/openly than Kai carries his, and she is also very protective of Kai. So she seems older without being actually that much older. Which is probably way more info than you wanted loloopssorry.  Thanks for all your wonderful comments!!! It really keeps my motivation up!

You can never have soo much info when it comes to such well-formed and amazing characters. Thank you so much for your answer.

Giggling and sneezing Kai could be soooo cute. But if it doesn't suit you, please drop it. :-) (I had forgot what happened the last time Kai got drunk :-( sorry, not doing that again, no!)

Honestly, I never get tired of your writing. I read these drabbles over and over again and they get better every time xD

Love this part especially, Kai's fear of the medicine just sort of takes my heart and shatters it wubsmiley.gif

He came face to face with a tiny cup of thick purple liquid. He pulled back from it, “James…”

“If it’s half as bad as it sounds, it’s bad enough,” James said firmly.

His chest started to feel small, the skin tightening around his ribs, and Kai felt fidgety. “C’mon,” James insisted quietly.

“I said I don’t want it!” Kai snapped.

There was silence, and James’ jaw set. “You’d think I was trying to poison you,” James said, his voice as cold as ice.

The brunet picked up the tiny cup and marched it back into the bathroom. Kai felt sick in the silence. Or perhaps sicker was a more accurate description. He padded in socked feet to the bathroom. “I’m sorry,” he whispered to his boyfriend’s back, “I’ll take it.”

He could see some tension ease out of James’ shoulders, but his own only increased. He tried to keep his hand from shaking as he reached for the cup, bringing it towards his mouth. The sickly sweet smell hit him, like rotting grapes and ethanol, and Kai’s stomach rolled. James watched as his boyfriend blanched. Kai dropped the cup on the bathroom counter and swallowed hard. “I need to sit,” he rasped, and folded gracelessly to the tile floor.

Oh my these are sooooooo wonderful

I love them SO much I cannot even describe the love I have for you boys

I do have a suggestion if you're still writing these maybe a sick denying Kai and then James gets mad and walks out reminding Kai of his past just a suggestion

Again I LoVed your stories

Thank you for your lovely, lovely comments, folks! Seriously, you have no idea how ridiculously much it makes my day to read what you all think about my little dribbles. blushsmiley.gif So, basically, I had a little mini-series of drabbles in my mind, but then I wrote them out of order. Like I always do. And this first one is turning out to be nowhere near drabble length, even by my extended standards. So here is part one of part one of part one of part one. This little series takes place after what would/will be the end of Where the Heart Is ifIhadfinishedit which I will hopefully someday finish. whistling.gif Yikes. Anyways, the point is that they have just moved in together. Too much preamble, on with dribbling!

81 – Solitude (Part 1)

The move had been stressful. Kai had packed up his belongings more times than he cared to count, but it never got easier. Boxes, organizing, labeling, tape, more boxes, jigsaw puzzles, heavy lifting, more tape, sore muscles, sharpies, spilled paint, and even more tape. Watching James stare into the half-empty U-Haul and ask, “Are you sure we aren’t forgetting something?” wasn’t easy either. Kai shrugged it off, cinching the last garbage bag of clothes and tossing it into the truck. He hoped his smile didn’t look as brittle as it felt as he replied, “I’m a low-maintenance kind of guy.”

The process had its ups as well as its downs. Like when James responded with a slow grin, backing Kai up against the truck, “Oh, yeah?” he smirked, “Easy to please?” And Kai felt the cool metal of the truck kiss the sweat between his shoulder blades at same time that James’ hand found his back pocket.

The moving in process had been much smoother than the moving out process, although it had its moments. Since Kai wasn’t able to pay rent yet, he spent a lot of time trying to make up for it, like by doing dishes. In an unfamiliar kitchen. And James spent a lot of time searching for a spoon to put in his cereal in the mornings.

The move had been stressful. So while Kai wasn’t surprised to wake up with a sore throat, he wasn’t exactly thrilled either. He shivered, the tile cool beneath his bare feet as he entered the kitchen. If he was feverish already, this wasn’t going to be an easy, run-of-the-mill cold. He swallowed, the post-nasal drip stinging, and reached over the coffee machine in search of tea. James joined him at the counter for his second cup of coffee, brushing a kiss against his forehead as he reached for the pot. “Are you coming down with something?”

Kai nearly spilled the box of tea all over the floor. “I – yeah? I think.” Kai fumbled, bewildered, “How did you know?”

“After you swallowed, you wrinkled your nose with this little grimace. You do that when your throat hurts.”

James sipped his coffee, calm while the earth shifted beneath Kai’s cold feet. James could tell he was sick because he wrinkled his nose? He wasn’t sure if he noticed when James swallowed, or what face he made after. Was he supposed to? “Twice in a month,” James interrupted his thoughts, “You okay?”

Kai shook his head, “Uh, yeah. I mean, apart from a sore throat.”

“We’ve been busy.” Setting his coffee aside, James’ brow wrinkled, “You seem a little out of it.”

He pressed his forehead against Kai’s to check for fever, their noses brushing. Kai’s breath caught, his nose wrinkling, and James pulled back. “Bless you.”

Hh’gsh!

“Bless you.”

Hih! Hh’mnk’gshu! Snff,” Kai peered at James, “Stop predicting everything I’m gonna do. It’s weird.”

James grinned, retrieving his coffee, “Sorry. I’ll pick up some cough drops on my way home.”

“James!”

“Hey!” James chuckled, backing up with a one-handed surrender, “You already confirmed the sore throat, that’s fair game! And bless you, by the way.”

“J-hh! James! Hh’issht! Snf! Heh…H’ipkshiu!

After two classes, a few hours in the studio, and a shift at Common Grounds, a sore throat was the least of his problems. “Hey,” James called out as he stepped through the door, “Soup’s on. Literally.”

“Kai?” the brunet appeared from the kitchen when Kai failed to respond, standing with his hand pressed flat against the front door.

“Sorry,” Kai muttered, blinking the darkness from the edges of his vision, “Got a little dizzy.”

James held his hand, squeezing gently when Kai’s breath wavered and caught. The smaller man twisted to the side, sneezing towards the ground, “H’eptshiu! Hh…heh’ih! H’ilgshiu!

James blessed him and waited for Kai take the first step once his vision had cleared, not releasing his hand until Kai was seated at their kitchen table. Kai stared blankly at the wood grain as James puttered around him, words like “low-grade fever” and “cough drops” making their way to him through a haze. He was tired, and there was a headache lurking somewhere just behind his eyebrows. At some point, tomato soup appeared in front of him, which he made a few attempts to eat, although he thought he probably spent more time stirring it than consuming it. Kai couldn’t help the vague worry that settled nauseously in his stomach. He was confident that it had little, if anything, to do with his rapidly oncoming cold. It had lingered since moving with James. James, who cleared his bowl with no admonition for its unfinished contents, who kissed him, sweet and salty and gentle, and led him early to bed. And as Kai settled into bed, curling against James’ side as he was used to, he was keenly aware of two thoughts. One, which was new, as he tried to discreetly rub his nose against James’ shoulder: that it was going to be a long night if his nose kept tickling like that. And two, the same thought that was the nausea in his stomach: that this was what putting all his eggs in one basket felt like. He had been sick before; he had been sick with James before; he had been sick with James in James’ apartment before. But he had always had his own place to retreat to should anything, god (any god, please, whoever is listening) forbid, happen. There was no backup plan anymore, no safety net. And Kai, sniffling yet again, was terrified of falling.

Hope you all enjoyed, more with more sneezing and all that jazz to come. Please leave a comment below if you enjoyed, and I'll be back ASAP. wink_kiss.gif

Noooooo Kai.... Don't be sad!! He loves you!!!!! He said that!!! No matter how many times you are sick, he will ALWAYS want you!!!!!

Awwwwwww *heart shatters*!!!

There should really be a ring featured in this Drabble at some point, maybe then Kai will understand :-) If not, there's probably a couple of hundred or so in here who are more than willing to adopt him!!!

Again your drabbles are amazing! I wait (Im)patiently for the next - tissues at the ready.

Ah! Super cute, as always. And I read through your other story too, sorry I didn't comment on it! No pressure, but I do hope you continue with that storyline, either here or in the other thread. I love your drabbles, but it's also nice to read a longer story once in a while. I have to give you huge props - I can't write long stories to save my life. Can't wait for the next update, these are beautiful and Kai and James are beautiful human beings. :)

Archived