Sneeze Fetish Forum

Drabbles!

Quite Contrary

I really liked this last one! There's definitely something to be said for both boys to be ill at the same time...and the way that Kai tries to secretly take care of James because James won't let him and has taken on the role of caretaker in most situations, but then Kai succeeds ANYWAY is really, really cute!

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whenever I feel sad, all I have to do is read about your boys and my mood goes from :dead: to :dead::D

Omg, thank you, thank you guys! Your comments make me so happy! :) Ok, just as a note, I looked up the definition of lovely for this drabble and it is this: having a beauty that appeals to the heart or mind as well as to the eye, as a person or a face. That's what I had in my head while I was writing this. Idk if you really need to know that, lol, but there it is anyways. :laugh: Here goes...a lil sad maybe, fair warning...

56 – Lovely

Kai stood in front of the fogged mirror, clad only in boxers, a towel clutched in his hands. Taking as deep a breath as he could without coughing, Kai reached forward and rubbed away large swipes of the condensation, facing himself in the glass. The harsh lights of the bathroom highlighted the dark shadows beneath his eyes and the leftover steam was making his nose run. His skin was slightly pinkened from the heat of the shower, his scars all the more pronounced from the color. Kai swallowed hard, staring at his reflection. Disgusting. Kai turned away, holding up the towel as his breath hitched, “Hihh…ipshh! Snf. Gh’ih…hih! Ipffsh!

“Bless you,” James’ voice sounded from the doorway behind him.

Kai flinched, an involuntary gasp escaping him as his arms automatically reached up to cover his body. A frown flickered across James’ face at that reflexive move and then it was gone. The brunet stepped fully into the bathroom, shutting the door behind him. Kai shivered at the sudden rush of air. James pressed against Kai’s back, his hands brushing against his ribs as his arms wrapped around the smaller boy. Kai shifted, uncomfortable, his face turned from the mirror and from James. “Hey,” James said softly, troubled by Kai’s behavior, “I’ve seen this already.”

Kai winced, apologies rising in his throat. He swallowed them, knowing James would reprimand him for them, and muffled a few coughs into his towel instead. James shushed him soothingly. Kai sniffled; the bright reflected light was making his nose tickle, “Ehh…hptschuh! Hiih…snf. Igssht!

“Bless you,” James paused, “Kai, look up.”

Kai stared stubbornly at the tiled floor, his jaw clenched. I don’t want to see… James cupped Kai’s chin, turning his face towards the mirror. “Look,” he said gently.

Kai swallowed hard, reluctantly raising his eyes to meet his reflection. James could see the pain etched in his boyfriend’s gaze. He tilted his head, pressing a kiss to a puckered burn scar on Kai’s shoulder, murmuring against his skin, “You are lovely.”

His lips brushed Kai’s neck, “And beautiful.”

James studied Kai’s reflection, blue eyes intense and searching. He met the smaller boy’s mirrored gaze, a soft, sad smile on his lips. “And perfect,” he whispered, “And I love you just the way you are right now.”

Kai’s breath hitched, but for a different reason this time. He twisted in James’ arms, pressing his forehead against the brunet’s chest, feeling tears prick his eyes. He squeezed them shut with a shaky breath. James’ warm embrace tightened around him.

Comments and suggestions are welcome :P

So cute and sweet and darling and lovable and....poor Kai! And James is such an amazing boyfriend! So adorable! I think this last one was my favorite so far. :angry: Keep em coming!

Awwww, James. I'd give anything for a boyfriend like him. Man. He and Kai are just...ONE. Lol.

You guys are the best, thank you! :D So I'm going to be gone for 2 weeks (sorry :blushing: ) so this is my last drabble for a little while. There will be more when I get, I promise! Also, this drabble is in response to SneezeyLove's suggestion. I know you mentioned Hospital, but this is a pre-hospital experience, so I hope that's okay. Kai is definately sicker than normal if that counts... Hope you all enjoy!

14 – Frail

It had been long time since Kai had been this sick. James had forgotten how much he hated this, how much it scared him when Kai shook with fever chills, how he had to struggle to rationalize when he could rush Kai to a doctor, a hospital, anyone who could make him better. Kai stirred under the covers, “James?”

His rasp of a voice was barely there, but James heard and knelt beside the bed, trying to push down his anxiety. Kai was so pale, his hair mussed and damp from the feverish dreams that marred his sleep. James stroked the smaller boy’s hair gently, almost afraid to touch him because he just looked so fragile. Kai turned his face into his pillow, coughs shaking his thin frame. The sound was congested, but not as bad as it could be. James prayed it would get better instead of worse. “What can I do, sweetheart?” James whispered.

Kai sniffled, jerking forward with sudden but feeble sneezes, “Heh’ish! Snff…igsch!

Kai blushed, mumbling, “Sorry….”

James shook his head and pressed a kiss to Kai’s forehead; his fever might have gone down…. “Shh, you’re okay,” the brunet murmured, “Do you think maybe you could eat something?”

Kai thought for a moment, but shook his head. Damn. Kai needed to eat so that James could give him some more medicine. Either way, I don’t want to make him feel worse…. James nodded, concealing his disappointment. Kai’s breath hitched again and he turned his head towards the pillow, “Hh…iggshew! Snf. Snfff. Uhh…h’igsht!”

James blessed him softly, passing him some tissues. Kai blew his nose, producing only a quiet, unproductive gurgle. James stood to throw out the tissues when he felt the hem of his shirt catch on something. He glanced down, half-turned. Kai’s fingers clutched weakly at his shirt, trembling. James looked at Kai and something in the boy’s green eyes made his heart clench.

“James?”

The soft voice was so hesitant, yet so desperate. James swallowed hard. Carefully, very carefully, James pulled back the covers and climbed into bed with Kai, holding him tenderly. Kai pushed himself up so that he could use James as a pillow, his body quivering with the effort. James held him and murmured sweet things, feeling the knot in his stomach ease as Kai relaxed against him.

Comments and suggestions are welcome. :winkkiss:

That last one was just beautiful. It was so sweet and gentle and James is the best boyfriend in the fucking world. Kai's a lucky guy. Loved it!

What the heck--you should have seen the expression on my face while I was reading this lol. It was so serious, kinda like this: :winkkiss: It was weird. I got so into the story, and I actually felt worried for Kai. Jeez.

Wah! I've been gone on vacation and I came home to not one, but three AMAZING drabbles!! I can't even say which one I liked best because they were all so great! I was having a kind of crappy night and this totally put me in a better mood! Keep the awesomeness coming (and have a good time, wherever you're going!)

Oh hey, I had another idea for you, if you're interested (inspired by real events, funnily enough). Kai could find a stray dog (or cat, if he's allergic to them too) in the road and pick it up, feeling bad for it even though he's allergic. Just a thought.

• 3 weeks later...

Whew, I'm back! Wow!! You guys are so amazing! Coming back to all your lovely comments was the best thing ever :cryhappy: You people make my day, seriously. So awesome. Btw, SneezeyLove, thank you for your suggestion, I love it! Speaking of suggestions, I still have several drabbles left to do, so if anyone has any suggestions for prompts or just anything in particular that they might like to see, I would love to hear from you guys :) Thank you for all your support so far, it's wonderful!

55 – Ruin

Sitting on the edge of the bed, James stroked Kai’s hair tenderly, watching his green eyes blink open slowly. “Happy birthday, sweetheart. How are you feeling?”

Kai peered up at James, quickly covering a yawn. “Bedder? Snfff!” he offered hopefully.

A faint smile played around James’ mouth, “Liar.”

Kai had come down with an absolutely awful cold just a few days ago, unfortunately just before his birthday. He was pale and tired, sore from fever chills pulling at his muscles, and congested, with just a hint of a cough coming on that James wasn’t too worried about…yet. Kai was already rubbing at his nose. James felt bad for him; what a miserable way to spend your birthday. The brunet was determined to make the best of it, however. Kai pulled the covers over his face, flinching beneath the sheets with muffled sneezed, “Hhih…heh’iggshht! Snf. Heh’ih! Uhh…huh’ibschuh!

James had tissues ready when Kai resurfaced, murmuring, “Bless you, bless you.”

Kai managed a gurgling blow that did nothing except frustrate him. James took the tissues, pressing a kiss to Kai’s forehead. “I have hot chocolate waiting for you in the kitchen,” he said with a gentle smile, getting up to dispose of the tissues.

When he turned back, Kai was curled up, eyes averted, looking…guilty? “I’b sorry,” he mumbled, sniffling quietly.

James was at a loss, returning to Kai’s side and rubbing his back in slow circles. “Why?” he asked, puzzled.

Kai picked at a stray thread on the sheets, his eyes dark. “Because. Snff,” Kai said haltingly, “You bade all these plads add. Snf! You were so sweet add. Snff. Snff! Add I got sigk add I bessed up everythig add snf ruidded it.”

James shook his head, unsure whether he wanted to laugh or cry. He went back to playing with Kai’s dark hair. “Sweetheart, no,” he said softly, “I’ll cancel our reservations for tonight and make them for another time. Everything can wait until you’re feeling better-”

Hiih… Hptsh’shuh! Snfff. Ihpschh! Snf. Sorry agaid.”

James brushed his thumb across Kai’s cheek. “I’m just sorry you’re so sick on your birthday,” James paused, then smiled, “We’ll just have to find other ways to celebrate.”

Determined to make Kai smile today, James stood and quickly scooped the smaller boy into his arms, cradling him tenderly. He kissed Kai’s cheek, “Time for that hot chocolate.”

Kai couldn’t help the small smile that crept upon his lips at James’ antics. “Thadk you,” he whispered, blushing.

James smiled, his hold tightening, “Happy birthday, love.”

Aw, yay! You're back! I missed you and your boys! SOmuch. They are sooooo :) cute! Lovelovelove! :cryhappy:

Yay! You're back! Sad that it actually hasn't been that long but I've felt like I'm dying! Poor Kai. No one should be sick on their birthday. It's not right. Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww. I just want to hug him and make it better! But he has James for that. I don't remember which prompts you need help with but if you could just remind me I'd be glad to offer suggestions. Welcome back and great writing!

Welcome back, and what a great drabble to come back with! It's so cute! (But then, they all are!) I'm glad you like my suggestion - I'm a writer myself, so I get ideas all the time, and I don't want to feel like I'm... I don't know, pushing them on you. :drool: Anyway, I look forward to your next adorable installment! Happy writing!

:blushing: welcome back!!! we REALLY missed you and your AWESOME drabbles!!!

thank you for the update :D

please more^^

Woops, thanks Tassielli! I meant to put them at the bottom of the last post but I forgot... :) Anyways, here they are if anyone wants them. Also, any random suggestions are also welcome. And please, please, please do not be upset if a suggestion is not written, it's not personal I promise!! ^_^

7 – Misplaced, 8 – Joy, 9 - Touched, 12 – Sin, 50 – Gentle, 68 – Attitude, 96 – Internet, 97 – Fashion, 89 – Money, 72 – Remedy, 74 – Ego, 80 – Grudge, 83 – Dirty, 77 – Secret, 91 – Goodbye

Ermmm. Let's see: for misplaced James could have misplaced his allergy medaction or maybe one of them is sick and wants something and the other can't find it so he is searching in the backs of cabinets and closets and has an allergy attack from The dust.

For fashion you could maybe do another alex Drabble- cause he seems kinda vain and like he cares about the latest trends- where he has a cold and is getting reddy for a date. He could create a great outfit and then walk out and trish goes "a red nose is not very stylish" or something.

For money Kai could have a cold and wont tell James because he's feeling insecure about their relationship. He could think he's nit good enough for James because he has no money but then James finds out anyway and asks Kai whats wrong. When Kai tells him he could go all gushy and be like "I don't care about money."

For sin: hmmm. Kai could be places with a really religious and strict family. They could tell him it's a sin to sneeze a the table or show weakness such as an Illness like a cold. So when Kai gets sick he keeps trying to deny it and makes himself worse but James takes him home and takes care of him.

For goodbye: James could be late for a meeting but reluctant to say goodbye to a sick Kai or James could have a cold and Kai is reluctant to leave him and go home and james tells him he never has to say goodbye.

That's all I got. I hope it helps!

~Tassi

Thank you so much, everyone, for your comments! :wub: They're so amazing! Also, Tassielli, THANK YOU for your suggestions, I really appreciate them and they're wonderful! :) And SneezeyLove, no suggestions are pushy! They are very welcome. Ok, here's a silly little one...

65 – Similarities

Trish sighed thoughtfully, staring at the soup that was boiling on the stove. The timer dinged and she pulled it off, pouring it into two bowls that sat on a tray. Taking the whole mess together, she headed upstairs to her two boys. They were very different, even in the way they handled illness. Trish nudged the door to the boys’ room open with her hip and set the tray on Kai’s desk. “Here,” she passed Kai and Alex each a bowl of chicken noodle soup.

Kai thanked her softly while Alex swallowed a spoonful, immediately sputtering and whining about burning his tongue. Kai set the bowl on the bedside table, his breath hitching. “Hehh…igst’shiu! Snf. Huh’iptk-shuh!” Kai muffled his sneezes against a sleeve-covered wrist.

Alex was next, sniffling from the steam rising from his soup. “Hh…kshu!” he sneezed openly, almost spilling his soup across his lap.

Trish smiled to herself. They were pretty much opposites. Kai was sick often, but kept it quiet until it was too late. He attempted to muffle every sound, avoid contact or help. When he got sick, he was sick. Alex, on the other hand, was rarely sick for more than a few days at a time; in fact, he was rarely sick at all. Which was good because the second he sniffled, he sought everyone’s attention, demanding all the pity and care he could get. Trish gathered up her tray and walked out of the room.

“Trish?” “Trish!”

The blonde burst out laughing, much to the boys’ surprise. Well, there was one thing they had in common….

Comments, thoughts, and suggestions are always appreciated! You guys are the best! :laugh:

Alex, on the other hand, was rarely sick for more than a few days at a time; in fact, he was rarely sick at all. Which was good because the second he sniffled, he sought everyone’s attention, demanding all the pity and care he could get.

Hahaha. I know his type! Totally annoying if he was my brother, but totally NOT annoying if he wasn't. :D

I apologize in advance, allusion to past v-ing in this one, if that grosses anyone out.

67 – Worship

James blinked slowly at the clock, its obnoxiously bright green numbers announcing that it was three in the morning. He stood, stretched, and grabbed the empty hot water bottle off his bedside table, padding towards the kitchen in socked feet to fill it up. Kai had caught some kind of nasty virus and, after coughing and sneezing all day, had spent much of the night worshipping the porcelain god, so to speak. James capped and dried the hot water bottle and wrapped it in a soft, clean dish towel, dropping it off on the bed on his way to the bathroom.

Kai was sitting against the wall, opposite the toilet, pale and exhausted. He glanced up as James entered, sniffling. Kai shivered faintly and wiped his nose on his sleeve, blushing. James was glad to see Kai’s constant trembling reduced to an occasional chill; his fever was probably down. “Come back to bed,” James said softly, “You haven’t been sick in hours.”

Kai shook his head slightly. His breath hitched and he rocked forward, sneezing weakly into his elbow, “Hh…heh’ishuh! Snff. Ipshew!

A quiet moan escaped Kai and his arm wrapped around his middle. His entire abdomen was sore, aching. James winced sympathetically. “Bless you,” he said gently, “I have a hot water bottle for you. C’mon.”

Kai hesitated, looking uneasy, then nodded slowly. Pressing his palms flat against the tiles, he paused. Kai blushed, avoiding James’ eyes and whispered, “I…I don’t know if I can get up.”

James’ heart twisted painfully and he knelt down, scooping the smaller boy into his arms, carefully not to jostle him uncomfortably. He stood, pressing a kiss to the top of Kai’s dark head. Kai nestled into his hold, pressing his sleeve to his nose, “Huhh… Hptshuh! Snf. Hiih…Issht!

James blessed him quietly, carrying him back to the bedroom. Deposited safely in bed, Kai curled up around his hot water bottle. James laid down close behind him, stroking his sweat-damp hair tenderly until they both fell asleep.

Hope you enjoyed!

Archived