Sneeze Fetish Forum

Movies That Make You Cry

Nicole

I just watched the movie Everybody's Fine with Robert De Niro. Oh my God, I swear I cried through the entire movie. ;) It broke my heart.

So make me feel not so much like a loser. What movie makes you cry?

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh gosh. Let's see. I know there are a few. Of course I can't think of a dam one right now. ;)

Uh, I cry all the time during movies. The ones that make me cry the most are probably The Notebook (Man, I was bawling, and it was gross because I had a cold at the time. XD), Meet Joe Black, Titanic, Star Trek (In the beginning, SO SAD, and more every time I watch it...), and Fly Away Home (also very sad in the beginning).

The most recent one that made me cry was Toy Story 3.

But I cry during epic music a lot, like at the end of The Return of the King.

I have also cried at school when I watched The Crucible. I felt really weird because my class was full of jerks who were laughing at the end. What the crap? >>

I'm a sap.

I've cried in so many

But the three that I can remember right now are:

Titanic

The Lovely Bones

Pirates of the Caribbean-At World's End

Sometimes I'm really far too over emotional when I watch sad movies :wub:

But I cry during epic music a lot, like at the end of The Return of the King.

Oh yeah I got choked up at the end of that movie. When Aragon sees Arwin again and then when the hobbits were going to bow before him and he says, "you bow to no one" and then everyone else bows. I was bawling. :wub:

LOL...man I feel bad now...it seems I'm the only guy here so far that crys during movies too:)

Nah, my brother cried during Toy Story with me. XD

I just watched the movie Everybody's Fine with Robert De Niro. Oh my God, I swear I cried through the entire movie. :wub: It broke my heart.

So make me feel not so much like a loser. What movie makes you cry?

Oddly enough I very rarely cry with movies. But- things that remind me of my dad... yup. "Beaches" when it came out (I believe that it was the same year that he died). "Father of the Bride"

"Shadowlands"- OMG- the end was HORRID for me.

Although... one that doesn't remind me of my dad that I really do get all choked up with and misty eyed is "Mr. Holland's Opus"

Although now that I'm thinking of it- my dad was a HUGE sap. The guy was 6' 6"" 350lbs and would be all teary at "Lassie Come Home" :lol: And some people evidently thought he was intimidating. :lmao: He was a giant teddy bear. :wub:

Oddly enough I very rarely cry with movies. But- things that remind me of my dad... yup. "Beaches" when it came out (I believe that it was the same year that he died). "Father of the Bride"

"Shadowlands"- OMG- the end was HORRID for me.

Although... one that doesn't remind me of my dad that I really do get all choked up with and misty eyed is "Mr. Holland's Opus"

Although now that I'm thinking of it- my dad was a HUGE sap. The guy was 6' 6"" 350lbs and would be all teary at "Lassie Come Home" :wub: And some people evidently thought he was intimidating. :lmao: He was a giant teddy bear. :lol:

Awww, your dad sounds awesome. :wub: You hit it on the head though... Robert De Niro reminds me of my dad, and after the movie was over I mentioned to McHotPants that that's why it got to me so badly. What can I say? I'm a Daddy's girl. I had to call him after the movie. :lmao:

Oh, and Mr. Holland's Opus has me sobbing every time. Such a great movie.

Oh and I'm a total sap here as well. :wub:

Same here.

Oh man. What movie *doesn't* make me cry? :lol:

• 1 Litre of Tears

• 10 Promises To My Dog

• Pokémon [The first two]

• Toy Story 3

And those are just a few of 'em. . . :wub:

Yup Nic- I was Totally a Daddy's girl. Our favorite movie was the orginal Father of the Bride with Spencer Tracy and Elizabeth Taylor.

Mr. Holland's is just so touching to me- so many great songs- it's about music and teaching and just... *sigh* lol!

Not sure if you've ever read any C.S. Lewis Nic- but I think that you'd love the movie anyway- "Shadowlands" w/ Anthony Hopkins. Not sure what to say w/out giving things away, but the themes main themes are family, love, faith, suffering.

Rent, at the same place, every time, all 50 million times i've seen it- "I can't believe he's gone, I can't believe you're going, I can't believe this family must die. Angel helped us believe in love, I can't believe you disagree. I can't believe this is goodbye" (SOB)

ET

Where The Red Fern Grows

Old Yeller

My Dog Skip (are we sensing a theme here?)

My Girl

Toy Story three, obviously

um... all six Harry Potters ;) (well, not really, but at least the last three, and I don't even want to think what the next ones will do to me, I cried for about an hour after the seventh book, and then more when I realized it was over)

OH! I cry at Rent too usually! But at: "You always said how lucky you were that we were all friends. But it was us, baby, who were the lucky ones."

I really don't see sad movies all that often... but let's see... the last time I saw Sound of Music, I think I wanted to cry. I felt so bad for the Captain, having to watch the country he loved fall under attack. (For that reason I love the song Edelweiss, and get really pissed when I hear a spoof of it.) And although it's made to look not-so-bad, the ending is really sad, if you think about it.

I believe that I also may have cried during Fly Away Home, but that was a loooong time ago. Oh goodness, and on the topic of losing one's mom, I remember when I was little, watching some Rugrats Mother's Day special, and crying because Chuckie's mom wrote him a letter when she was dying.

Oi. ;)

Oh my, I guess I'm something of a sap too when it comes to movies. The ones that have made me cry at various times (and some still do now) are:

Titanic

Bridges of Madison County (that one gets me every time, towards the end)

The Sound of Music

Beaches

Lord of the Rings - The Return of the King (again, towards the end), though I only cried at that the first time I saw it, haven't done since.

And although strictly speaking this is not a film (though it could be, it's actually a 2 part drama series), 'The Incredible Journey of Mary Bryant' had me bawling my eyes out towards the end. Have only seen it once, but I have no doubt it would do the same thing to me if I saw it again.

ET

Where The Red Fern Grows

Old Yeller

My Girl

Oooh, yes, these are all on my list. "Who cried when old yeller died?" (Cookie for the reference!!! :D )

I would also like to add:

Steel Magnolias, every single time I watch it. I can't help it.

The Notebook, and I'm not even a Nicholas Sparks fan, I just love that one movie.

And, I can't say it happens every time, because I've only seen it once so far, but Charlie St. Cloud made me cry. First off, Zac Efron is an amazing crier, he is super good at it. And perhaps, because the movie was about death, and I had just put my cat to sleep the day I saw it, I was a little over-emotional. I don't know.

The Namesake, with Kal Penn. When his character loses his father, it was sooo touching!

I think that's it.

Steel Magnolias,

The Notebook

Oh yes these two for sure. I think I'll also add Terms of Endearment.

Brokeback Mountain

The Return of the King (NEVER fails)

The King and the Clown

The Mighty

Finding Neverland

Léon

And, most recently: The Road

I'm sure there are dozens of others. I cry very easily when watching movies.

I cried when I read "The Notebook," not when I saw the movie. Only book to ever make me cry.

Movies that do -

"Awakenings"

"Titanic" (but not the part everybody else did - the part with the 2 old people holding each other on the bed. gets me every time)

"Independence Day" (when the cities got blown up? and I imagined all the pets - people's dogs and cats - dying... i'm a 'tard)

"Untamed Heart" (can't watch past the hockey game)

"The Neverending Story" (ah! Artax!)

"Ghost"

"Field of Dreams"

There are more but that's a good start :heart:

LOL...man I feel bad now...it seems I'm the only guy here so far that crys during movies too:)

Nah, High On Lullabies cried when we went to see Beauty and the Beast at the Imax :heart:

I cry... oh my word... I don't know of many movies during which I DON'T tear up a little. Worst ones by far are Bridge to Terabithia, Up, and Raise Your Voice (yes, I watch Hilary Duff movies). I bawled during the last two Harry Potter films... I bawled while reading the books too. I bawled watching CSI and CSI: Miami when characters that I particularly liked died.

I just cry easily.

Archived