Sneeze Fetish Forum

Movies That Make You Cry

Nicole

I am afraid this is going to be a long list. I'm too emotional for words.

Persepolis

The Corpse Bride

Dead Poets' Society

Finding Neverland

The Rocky Horror Picture Show (*facepalm*)

Fatal Attraction (*double facepalm*)

Libertine

The Big Fish

Hair

Sunset Boulevard

The House of the Spirits

The Adventures of Priscilla, the Queen of the Desert,

Boys Don't Cry

Chakushin Ari

The Lion King

Marley and Me

Brother Bear

etc.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I cry at most movies if there's an emotional scene!

I have actually cried at This Is England before, when Combo beats Milky up almost to death, and Sean's reaction is just :cry:

Any film where a dog dies, oh man.

Marley and Me was my worst one. I actually full on sobbed for about 2 hours after.

I Am Legend, when Sammy gets infected, and Will Smith is there hugging her and singing Bob Marley as she dies :cry:

My Sister's Keeper. I really cried at several times during that.

Titanic, like most people, but the only part I cry at is when the guys playing the violins play that final song, and there's the old couple in bed and the woman tucking her kids in to sleep.

The Lion King is another bad one for me.

Edited to add The Sixth Sense, when he's telling her about his grandma :cryhappy:

And again when Bruce Willis is talking to his wife when she's asleep at the end.

The first one that comes to mind is that Casper movie, when Casper tells Kat about how he died and what dying felt like. Pretty deep shit for a little kid.

I'll list a bunch off as I think of them:

Lion King definitely.

Fern Gully.

The Fox and the Hound.

Toy Story 3.

Up.

Moulin Rouge.

Romeo and Juliet (The first time we watched it in English class I bawled at the end. Nobody else in the classroom did and thought I was weird for crying. :P I guess it really wasn't that sad?)

Titanic.

The Truman Show.

Finding Neverland.

Contagion.

Cast Away (My sister and I cried when Wilson floated away and our parents made fun of us because it was just a volleyball. Back then though I became really attached to inanimate objects for some reason.)

Any death scene or really dramatic thing that happens in the Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings movies.

Ice Age (What is with these children's movies?)

Eight Below (Those poor dogs. :()

The movie version of Rent.

I'm sure there's a ton more but I can't remember them all right now.

I'm also pretty sure I cried during Happy Feet and similarly adorable movies due to the sheer level of adorableness. Yes adorable things sometimes make me cry. Like this.

I also cry at super happy parts too.

Maybe its just me, but 'How To Train Your Dragon' really got to me the other day... cry.gif I can't be the only one, can I???

I cry in a lot of movies...

The Lorax - This killed me

West Side Story

The Lion King

The Corpse Bride

The Truman Show

The Hunchback of Notre Dame - This killed me

The Lord of the Rings Trilogy - This REALLY KILLED ME. Like I can't even.

Beauty and the Beast

Les Miserables

Tarzan

Ice Age

The Hobbit

Monsters Inc

"Poltergeist 2: The Other Side". Oh dear God how I cried.

Oh yeah, most of RENT = crys also, hahaha

Great gatsby

Django unchained

Boxing helena

Cruel Intentions

Jack the bear

Beaches

The Help

Kill Bill 2

Moulin Rouge

My Girl

Little Mermaid

Just watched Hesher (yes, it has JGL in it I know I know, I'm acting like a teenage here but who cares, I need to love someone ok?lol) and the acting of the boy who lost his mother constantly had me tearing up. The ending had me tearing up, it was so sweet and sad.

Hesher it's self (performed by JGL) was hilarious, crazy, arrogant and had this don't give a shit nature. So it had me bursting out laughing too.

Good movie :) and brilliant acting, starring Natalie Portman too (that I also happen to love as an actress)

• 2 weeks later...

I cry in a lot of movies...

The Lorax - This killed me

West Side Story

The Lion King

The Corpse Bride

The Truman Show

The Hunchback of Notre Dame - This killed me

The Lord of the Rings Trilogy - This REALLY KILLED ME. Like I can't even.

Beauty and the Beast

Les Miserables

Tarzan

Ice Age

The Hobbit

Monsters Inc

I'm updating/adding to this list!

The Haunting in Connecticut - This killed me

Blindside

Elf

Peter Pan 2

Most recently -

The Hunt, Mads Mikkelsen's latest movie, about a male pre-school teacher who's wrongly accused of molesting a child. Bloody brilliant movie, but SO PAINFUL to watch. I believe I had a tears streaming down my face for most of the movie's two hours. x____x

Cyberbully

Oh my gosh, yes. When I watched that I was literally crying my eyes out.

Great gatsby

How was it?

I "love" seeing movies that make you cry and wanted to see the Great Gatsby since quite a while :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmmm... I don't often cry during movies, but there have definitely been a few. Mostly I cry during parts of the film. Les Miserables, Up, Toy Story 3, Finding Nemo, Lilo and Stitch, Return of the King, Steel Magnolias, City of Angels, Love Actually, Beaches, Milk, Mr. Holland's Opus, Ponyo, Letters from Iwo Jima... That was quite a bit longer than I thought it would be, and I'm sure I'm missing some.

• 4 months later...

It's usually very very hard for me to cry at movies (sometimes I'll kind of fake it when all of my friends are crying just so I won't look like a sadist :P ).

I do remember getting pretty emotional when I watched A Beautiful Mind (if you haven't seen that movie, see. it. like right now. It's SO good). Titanic, too. Especially when the mother is telling her children a story to put them to sleep so they'll die in their sleep. The Impossible and Dead Poet's Society moved me too.

Lincoln: made me just tear up...

Grave of the fireflies:........just no..:'(

Lion King: every time...

DBZ: History of Trunks: Damn it Gohan!!

Beauty and the Beast:.....

Treasure Planet: those feels should not be joked with!

Up: that scene...

The little princess

HP and the deathly Hallows part 2

Lady and the Tramp: Any abuse towards animals makes me cry...

Titantic: the ending gets me right there.

Spirit Away

Pokemon(the one with mewtwo)

Anne Frank

Schindler's List

Thumblina

Hercules(Disney)

Brave

Corpse Bride

Edward Scissiorhands

Parent Trap

Prayers for Bobby

• 4 weeks later...

#1 Movie that ALWAYS makes me cry: TOY STORY 3, basically from the fiery trash scene to the end!

Fox and the Hound, when the fox gets left behind in the woods. D'X

I don't remember why, But Romona and Beezus (with Selena Gomez) made me cry.

Dear John

Bridge to Tarabithia

Valentine's Day --when the army mother gets to see her son

The Lorax

That's all I can think of right now

• 3 weeks later...

I have noticed that I cry much easier for animated movies than others, here is my most cried top 5.

1. Hachiko

2. Grave of the fireflies

3. You dont know Jack

4. Pokemon 10 Rise of Darkrai

5. Iron Giant

I watched Hachiko once and it was well done movie. I spend rest of the night when i watched it, petting our dog trying to feel better. I still want to watch it again, but I know i will just start crying again so I'm waiting for someone who has not watched it yet to watch it with me.

Grave of the fireflies is incredible movie, i wasnt even sure what to expect from it when i watched it first time, i'm not much fan of war related movies, but i was still curious about this one. It was amazing and it felt even more horrible to think if it would have been me and my sister, which made the movie feel even stronger. It made me think so much about the innocent victims in war.

You dont know Jack is about a man who is helping people who are uncureable ill with euthanasia. I think this made me cry for several reasons, sure there possibly is people who think it's wrong, but in my own opinion, I think a persons should be able to make their own decision about their lives and if they would want to die with dignity instead of slowly dying in bed without being able to do anything.

Pokemon was new thing when i was kid, i saw all the movies, i collected the figures and it was big influence in my life. I was curious to see the Darkrai movie because i was already big fan and the movie hit me pretty hard, I could actually relate myself in the movie and i started to remember stuff that i had forgotten and in the end i was crying. But the movie was good in my opinion it's better than the earlier pokemon movies. This being my opinion, i'm sure there is quite many who will disagree.

Iron Giant is my favorite movie, I like to watch it often it's funny, i like the drawing style and the story is still keeping me interested. I know what will happenin the movie, but when i start to watch it, I kinda forget everything, I dont think about what will happen in the movie, i focus what is happening in the movie at the moment. I think I might just watch it tonight again.

I dont want to speak about the parts that make me cry, because it would be a spoiler, but I suggest you watch the movies and see if you cry or not. But you must be pretty heartless not to cry if you watch hachiko. If you decide to watch, be sure you have a lot of tissues with you.

Also, sorry for the long post.

Twelve Years a Slave.

Good god, that has to be the best, but also the most painful, movie I've seen in years. I had a headache when I walked out of the theatre, just from the strain of repressing all my sobs.

• 2 months later...

The Breakfast Club - Yeah, why don't you just rip my heart out and stamp on it. I love this film so much.

War Horse - So many emotions. I couldn't handle it.

Suicide Room - I spent the whole film convinced it wouldn't make me cry and then the end just broke my heart.

The Fox and The Hound - I thought it was going to be a happy, cute little cartoon. It was not.

A Beautiful Mind - Oh man. I did not see this turning out how it did and it actually killed me inside. I kept bursting into tears throughout the whole thing.

The Boy In The Striped Pyjamas - I remember getting all choked up when we did this in English and we had to read out paragraphs of the end to the class. And we watched the film afterwards and I ended up sobbing all over my best friend's shoulder. I'm a massive sap. I don't care.

I know it's not a film yet but it's pretty much guaranteed I will cry at The Fault In Our Stars when it comes out because I bawled like a baby over the book and had to wait several days before I could look at it and see well enough to finish it.

Generally, I am a very emotional person and I cry at everything.

Lilo&Stitch 2 : Stitch has a glitch ...

the ending when stitch almost dies.. I cry everytime.

;w;.

thats all I can think of aha

and when Er Anna almost dies at the end of frozen.

Yeh .

Archived