Sneeze Fetish Forum

Movies That Make You Cry

Nicole

The runaways. i feel so pathetic, but i cry at crimson and clover every single time. just that little smile from joan does it, and i break down and weep. i cried during tangled, as well, at the part where you think flinn is dead. i cried every single time. lol

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How did I not see this one before? Ohkay. I have a pretty--semi-long list.

Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls-- okay, so I was like six. When the animal falls off the cliff in the beginning...yeah...I bawled.

Cruel Intentions- "I love you Annette..." Ryan Phillippe. Nuff said.

Rent- When Collins is holding Angel at the end of Without You....aghghg.

Blow- at the end when it tells you that Johnny Depp's character's daughter refuses to go to the jail and see her dad. CRY ME A RIVER.

Monsters Inc.- When Boo gets taken away by that jerk Randal.

Requiem for a Dream- mostly out of fright. That movie gave me nightmares.

Those are the only ones I can think of...I'm more of a TV crying person if we're being honest...

• 3 weeks later...

I cried at the end of "Grave of the Fireflies" Cried like a baby back...you get the rest. Most depressing cartoon movie ever.

I am glad this thread is still around because I forgot a few movies. He he he.

Marley and Me, and I think that was another movie that I saw after having to put my first cat, Sam, to sleep. Such a tear jerker, that one!

The Derby Stallion, where the trainer guy, um, well, something bad happens and then Zac Efron's character starts crying. Very sad.

I do cry when I watch Forest Gump, I'll admit it.

Dumbo, and Bambi, because of what happens to their mothers. Oh, and The Fox and the Hound, too!

The first five minutes of A Single Man. I thought I would have to turn the DVD off.

And I'm not sure if this counts because it's not a movie, really, it's a documentary, but I Knew it was You, Rediscovering John Cazale.

Any movie where people are in love and something happens to one of them (The Notebook, A Walk to Remember, Fine Things, The Bodyguard etc.)

The Blind Side (pretty much the whole movie :blush:)

My sister's keeper

The Bucket List

All the lifetime movies

Twilight, New Moon, and eclipse

Almost every Disney movie, even the Princess Diaries

Lionheart

Slumdog Millionaire

Hidalgo

Phantom of the Opera

I think I even cried watching the Sound of Music :)

okay...I can't even think of a movie I haven't cried watching :clapping:

I do cry when I watch Forest Gump, I'll admit it.

Oh yeah, me to. When he's talking to Jenny's grave. :drool:

And the Joy Luck Club really got me going. It's about mother and daughter relationships.

• 1 month later...

Most kid-friendly animated movies make me cry (Toy Story III, Lion King and How to Train Your Dragon are major tearjerkers for me.) But the all-time, make-me-cry movie is Iron Giant. When he closes his eyes and whispers "Superman"...right before his pivotal moment...I can't not cry!

I always cry a little bit at the end of Return of the King.

Absolutely! When Aragone tells the hobbits that they bow to no one and then everyone bows to them, I get a huge lump in my throat everytime.

Absolutely! When Aragone tells the hobbits that they bow to no one and then everyone bows to them, I get a huge lump in my throat everytime.

Yes! And of course when Frodo gets on the boat and looks back the hobbits and smiles, and then does that little nod. =')

• 1 year later...

I've seen "The Iron Lady" twice and I cried both times. Honestly, it's one of the most romantic love stories I've ever seen. *shakes head*

The end of Howl's Moving Castle gets me every time. It's happy tears, though, because it's just such a beautiful, all-round happy ending.

The ending of Pan's Labyrinth always makes me go a bit tear-y eyed. It's just so... poignant, particularly because in the end, it's the human monsters in the real world that turn out worse than the mythological ones of the other realm.

Edward Scissorhands. The one movie that can get me entirely hysterical. It's just so sad.

• 4 weeks later...

PUBLIC ENIMIES! I hate the ending. I squealed and cried when John got shot and I cried when Billie was given the message "Tell Billie for me, Bye Bye, Blackbird"

Terms of Endearment and Steel Magnolias. For some reason, I can only think of those at the moment but I'm sure there are others. I sort of remember crying during Avatar, too.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am usually the odd one out, but I love movies that make me cry very much. Something about being moved so powerfully by a book or a movie. Has anyone here seen the movie War Horse? I sobbed through almost all of it. Also The Hunger Games.

• 4 months later...

Uhhhmmm.....

Titanic (duh!)

The Hunger Games ( only when Rue died)

Iron Jawed Angels ( Some historical movie we watched in my history class about women's suffrage)

The boy in the striped pajamas ( Dang. Another history movie but this ones about the Holocaust. This ones almost Titanic sad!)

Pretty much anything in it with an emotional scene I can relate to. So like, everything.

I bawl in Brother Bear.

I watched The Velveteen Rabbit. I cried. Several times.

Actually, I pretty much just cried the whole movie.

I'm lame.

Most of these have already been said, but...

-Titanic (especially the bit where the mother tucks her two children up into bed while the ship is sinking and tells them to go to sleep and that they'll 'be together soon' or something like that ;^;)

-Marley and Me

-My Sister's Keeper

-War Horse

-The Perks of Being a Wallflower (also bawled hysterically at the book, as well.)

-Amadeus (For some reason I grew an emotional attatchment to Mozart and cried whilst he was dying, and when his wife and kid returned home to find him... not so alive)

-I came very close to crying during the Hunger Games.

-I'm not sure if it counts, but I cried really hard when I watched Westlife's last ever concert (mostly when it got to their speeches) streamed live to my nearest cinema from their gig at Croke Park. Does this count as a film? Since it was in the cinema? I don't know :P

Yeah, there are probably more, since I'm such a sap, but it's like 5am and those are the ones I can remember off the top of my head.

• 2 months later...

Archived