Sneeze Fetish Forum

Movies That Make You Cry

Nicole

Oh... "Bridge to Terebitha"- I was all teary and choked up. Not w/ reading the book or the movie (which I thought was good- but I LOVE the book a Lot more), but hearing Robert Sean Leonard read it.... it was different hearing it read than reading it and he reads SO well and it was heart-wrenching.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are alot of movies that make me cry. Just to name a few, there's Forrest Gump, Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith, Toy Story 3, Despicable Me, Remember the Titans, Marley & Me, and The Game Plan.

LOL...man I feel bad now...it seems I'm the only guy here so far that crys during movies too:)

Nah, High On Lullabies cried when we went to see Beauty and the Beast at the Imax :heart:

I cry... oh my word... I don't know of many movies during which I DON'T tear up a little. Worst ones by far are Bridge to Terabithia, Up, and Raise Your Voice (yes, I watch Hilary Duff movies). I bawled during the last two Harry Potter films... I bawled while reading the books too. I bawled watching CSI and CSI: Miami when characters that I particularly liked died.

I just cry easily.

Ahh....I totally fogot about Bridge to Terabithia...now that was a good movie....sad at the end....

I have watched so many movies that made me cry. Some of them I never watched again. Some of them I watch over and over.

When I watched I Am Sam, I don't think I stopped crying. Same for The Time Traveller's Wife and I knew already how that story went from the book. Watching White Noise made me cry, too, but that was because I was scared stupid.

What else. Let me see...

Mrs Doubtfire (Every damn time. And, I must have watched it a thousand times. The ending is too much)

The Outsiders

Ladder 49

Pretty much any time people get married in a movie I cry. I don't know why.

Awakenings is a tearjerker for sure... :heart: And Father of the Bride 2. Isn't that weird? I don't know why that made me cry.

As far as Titanic goes...I didn't shed a tear! :heart: All I remember saying was, "That bitch pushed him off the raft!!!"

Toy Story 3 for me! But y'know, I've grown up with and loved these characters since I was 7 years old. I've known them longer than any of my current friends. They mean a lot to me, so the ending really got to me (*points to sig and avatar*)

Up also got me at the end too (not as much as Toy Story 3 though!)

i just recently watched eat. love. pray. i cried almost the whole way through it. it was an amazing movie. makes you realize a lot.

Have you read the book? Was it as good as the book?? There were spots that touched me SO much.

I have to admit, I don't cry very often at movies at all. Books'll make me sob, and TV shows will sometimes, also. Hell, well-written fanfiction'll do it. But movies...there aren't too many. A few that come to mind (and yes, I do notice that they're all variations on the separation of loved ones):

Little Women (all the versions), but NOT

when Beth dies

. No, I start sobbing at

Meg's wedding, when Jo turns down Laurie for the last time

, and then again when

Laurie comes home married to Amy (because then you know it's just never going to happen)

. Yeah, yeah, I'm a romantic, so sue me.

The Broken Heart Club: A Romantic Comedy, when

Jack (John Mahoney's character) dies

. Surprise, surprise. (Although, one could argue it's a surprise that's the ONLY place I cry in it).

The Holiday near the end, when

she leaves and then comes back, and then you don't know what happens after that

and

Music From Another Room, again,

when they split up and then get back together

. There seems to be something in Jude Law movies that makes me cry...and I'm pretty sure it's something about just how sad he looks, like his character's heart is just absolutely breaking.

And...I have to go. But these are most of the ones I tend to think of anyway. :)

Oh, and Mr. Holland's Opus has me sobbing every time. Such a great movie.

I almost forgot about this movie, but you reminded me of how I was sitting in front of the TV, crying and being really angry with the main actor (whose name I totally forgot :) ) for being so ignorant against his son.

And there's the movie Two Weeks with Sally Field. No one really seems to know that movie, but it's a movie about a dying woman and how her relatives cope with her illness and death.

I watched it by coincidence, but it was probably THE movie, where I did not cry because of sad music and drama alone, but because it really touched me deeply and made me remember some of my saddest experiences so far.

Also, I have to admit that I cried a lot when I first saw Titanic. Probably because I was 12 when I watched it and it was just a little bit too much drama for me at that age :P

To be honest, pretty much every movie ever. :blush:

But one of the most cry-y ones was Pan's Labyrinth. Even though it had subtitles. The war bits and the fantasy bits were so sad ...

I hardly ever cry from books and movies. The only movies that made me cry were "Edward Scissorhands" and "Beauty and the Beast." I guess I have a thing for girls falling in love with non-humans? :blush: And I once cried at the end of "Thumbelina" because it was such a nice ending. :D I must have been in a serious crying mood.

I watched The Notebook today and I started crying 20 minutes before the end; the whole scene was so miserable and sad

but at the end I cried like a baby because it was her...and ....him...and...it was just too much to take :'(

I loved the movie though :)

Oh, and Mr. Holland's Opus has me sobbing every time. Such a great movie.

I almost forgot about this movie, but you reminded me of how I was sitting in front of the TV, crying and being really angry with the main actor (whose name I totally forgot :) ) for being so ignorant against his son.

Richard Dreyfuss

Rugrats in Paris - LMAO

Pay it Forward - I bawl during the end every single time I watch it.

Elizabethtown - Only at one part.

That's all I can think of right now.

Pay it Forward - I bawl during the end every single time I watch it.

I did actually cry at Pay It Forward, right near the end (of course). In fact, I think it may have been the first movie I cried at since I was, like, five. But I didn't include it on my list, because I considered it to be a movie I saw when I was still a kid/teenager (being 16 or so when it came out and I saw it).

• 2 weeks later...

"Kramer vs Kramer." This one gets me every time. The book does too.

"The Lion King". I cry pretty much all the way through this one. Strange thing is, though, I can watch "Bambi" and it leaves me unmoved.

And the end of "Dead Poets Society" makes me sob!

Oh, and the first three "Saw" films have all made me cry.

The saddest movie I have ever watched in my life was my sisters keeper I cried like a baby through the whole thing. Other movies that have got to me is Titanic, The Notebook, PS I love you and the biggest plus is Gerald Butler is soooo hot in that movie :)

One of these days, I will STOP screwing up when I THINK "Dead Poets Society" is on (Thursday, not Friday; 8:15am, not pm; etc.), and actually get to watch the damned thing...and, from all I've heard, chances are I will cry whenever I finally do see it!

One of these days, I will STOP screwing up when I THINK "Dead Poets Society" is on (Thursday, not Friday; 8:15am, not pm; etc.), and actually get to watch the damned thing...and, from all I've heard, chances are I will cry whenever I finally do see it!

LOOOOOVE "Dead Poets". It's when I first fell madly and irrevokably in love with Robert Sean Leonard. :)

I watched The Notebook today and I started crying 20 minutes before the end; the whole scene was so miserable and sad

but at the end I cried like a baby because it was her...and ....him...and...it was just too much to take :'(

I loved the movie though :)

That's one of my top ten favorite movies of all times. I love it.

Another movie that really made me cry was My Life. Michael Keaton stars in it and it was a tear jerker for sure.

Archived