Sneeze Fetish Forum

Movies That Make You Cry

Nicole

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A lot of movies make me cry.

The ones that do so the most are the following, listed in order.

1. My Sister's Keeper. (saddest move ever.)

2. The Notebook.

3. A Walk to Remember.

4. The Invisible.

5. Dear John.

There's a lot more. I'm sensitive. Hahaha.

Oh, I have to now add Never Let Me Go to the movies that make me cry. Making... two or three. Lol, my friends and I were all bawling. It's so incredibly sad.

LOL...man I feel bad now...it seems I'm the only guy here so far that crys during movies too:)

Nah, High On Lullabies cried when we went to see Beauty and the Beast at the Imax :sweatdrop:

Mmm, he did its true.

Bridge to Terabithia and The Lion King also seem to get him every time as well.

Everything makes me cry...although I tend to cry at stuff that's not aimed at making people cry. Really emotional scenes that are obviously there for tearjerker value don't get to me but really weird things affect me. Like...The Lion King makes me cry, but not the really obvious part...the very opening scene where Simba is born and all the animals are gathering always makes me well up for some odd reason.

Muriel's Wedding is the worst for making me cry though...I honestly can't watch it. I was told how hilarious it was and when it came on TV one time I decided to watch it...I got to this one scene and it wasn't even really supposed to be a sad scene but I was crying so hard I couldn't speak. I had to switch it off after that. I can't explain what scene it was without possibly spoiling it, but it wasn't really an overly sad scene. Nobody died, it wasn't played for tears, but it hit something inside me and set me off really bad. :sweatdrop:

If no one said Grave of the Fireflies yet, then I'm saying that one. I was crying two minutes into the movie, and was unable to finish it. ; _ ; It's about World War II, where a brother and his younger sister experience terrible bombings and live with their aunt who mistreats them after their mother dies. And I mean. It doesn't get any happier. It just continues to get sadder and sadder. One of the most unhappy movies I've ever seen. Beautifully done, but sooo sad.

'Boys Don't Cry'

And this is why I'll probably never see it: because everyone I've ever met who did see it told me they sobbed hysterically at it, and I have issues with movies that make me cry AND have no chance for a happy ending. It's an emotional thing. And yet, one could argue, that's almost a compliment: "This movie is so powerful, I don't want to see it for fear of how I'll react."

Ah, yes, I remember that movie, The Cracked Egg. I did manage to finish it, but yeah, floods of tears. :)

Apart from that, enough movies, including ones with beautiful happy endings. :laugh: But my mind is totally blank, so I can't think of any of them right now. :shy:

Edit: Just saw Wuthering Heights, we can add that to the list as I cried through the last 30-40 minutes of it. :laugh:

And the end of "Dead Poets Society" makes me sob!

One of these days, I will STOP screwing up when I THINK "Dead Poets Society" is on (Thursday, not Friday; 8:15am, not pm; etc.), and actually get to watch the damned thing...and, from all I've heard, chances are I will cry whenever I finally do see it!

I finally saw "Dead Poets Society"...saying I "cried" would be a bit like saying the Titanic "took on a bit of water": a more massive understatement would be difficult. Interestingly, though, I didn't ONLY cry at the end (though I'm pretty sure I actually cried nonstop for about the last half-hour of the movie); I cried at other parts, too.

And, tma: I can see why it made you fall for RSL...though, again, because I'm weird, what really made ME fall for him in it was the scene with him

as Puck

. But yeah, just in general, he was so...I'm beginning to understand, now. Even though I don't think he's likely to ever be one of "my" boys.

All of that said--and this is a spoiler, a real one, I think, so I will put it under a spoiler tag--this:

I have issues with movies that make me cry AND have no chance for a happy ending. It's an emotional thing. And yet, one could argue, that's almost a compliment: "This movie is so powerful, I don't want to see it for fear of how I'll react." (from an earlier post I made about why I won't see "Boys Don't Cry")

is really how I felt about DPS. Because I'd thought the very ending was going to be a lot different than it was.

All of that said--and this is a spoiler, a real one, I think, so I will put it under a spoiler tag--this:

I have issues with movies that make me cry AND have no chance for a happy ending. It's an emotional thing. And yet, one could argue, that's almost a compliment: "This movie is so powerful, I don't want to see it for fear of how I'll react." (from an earlier post I made about why I won't see "Boys Don't Cry")

I do too! There have a been a few movies I saw that just gutted me because of that.

Ah yes, Dead Poets Society gets me every time as well. Still one of my favourite movies though, I finally got around to buying it recently. I watch it about once a year and ball my eyes out... Combined with the massive desire to punch Kurtwood Smith (Mr. Perry).

And SneezeChick, Boys Don't Cry is definitely one of those movies. It's impossible to deny that it's incredibly painful to watch especially because it's based so closely on a true story. It's kind of one of those movies that I feel like is worth seeing once, but I can't see anyone listing it among their favourite movies and wanting to watch it at any frequency.

Ah yes, Dead Poets Society gets me every time as well. Still one of my favourite movies though, I finally got around to buying it recently. I watch it about once a year and ball my eyes out... Combined with the massive desire to punch Kurtwood Smith (Mr. Perry).

*snickers* You're STILL nicer to him than I was in my LJ review (which, to be fair, probably suffered some from being written by someone with more psych problems than all the DPS characters combined...including the ones we barely see *cough*MrsPerry*cough*)

I have to admit, though, I can't imagine ever watching it again, unless I decided to try something ridiculously beyond my abilities as a writer and try to "fix" the ending. (Well, except for the play scene. I could watch that one part forever. As one of my friends commented on my journal, "Robert Sean Leonard will always be my Puck.")

The most I ever cried after a movie was "The Cure" where 2 boys go off on a Huck Finn type raft trip down the river trying to get to a place they saw a magazine ad had a cure for AIDS because one of the boys was dying from it. I sobbed for about an hour after and scared my ex(then boyfriend).

I was a little sensitive at that point in my life because I was volunteering at a hospice home and had recently been with a couple of people as they died, but I think it would probably get me again if I watched it today.

**typo fix**

Man...I'm such a sap when it comes to movies. I can't even think of all the movies that make me cry, because we just watched Schindler's List in school and I cried at at least four or five different points in the movie...it's devastating. Incredibly amazing, but devastating.

I'll have to repeat a few movies you've already said such as:

-Titanic

-My sister's keeper

-Léon

-Forrest Gump

-Boys don't cry

-The Lion King

and others that have made me cry were:

-The heart is deceitful above all things

-Requiem for a dream

-Basketball Diaries

but there's many many more

Nice topic ;)

Okay, have you got the canned laughter ready...?

...My Girl. :D

That sad thing that happened, and that one person's reaction to it? (I don't know how to do the black stuff and I don't want to spoilerise...) Floodgates opened.

And De kleine blonde dood (The Little Blonde Dead) made me cry a bit as well. Mostly, I think, because I was so hopelessly in love with the lead actor, Antonie Kamerling (who, sadly, died yesterday... Resquiat in Pace ;)).

That sad thing that happened, and that one person's reaction to it? (I don't know how to do the black stuff and I don't want to spoilerise...) Floodgates opened.

My Girl is sooooo sad. I cried too. In fact, any movie that shows someone else really grieving generally makes me cry.

If there was't canned laughter for that Titanic movie there shouldn't be any here.

I think that little actress did a marvelous job at depicting extreme shock and grief in the film.

Strangely I've never seen a single movie that's ever actually made me cry. I've seen a lot of the ones mentioned here, and none of them did it for me.

However, I will admit that Toy Story 3 came very, very close. :D

...My Girl. :drool:

:laugh: ME TOO! I actually just saw that movie recently, and yeah, same reaction. :innocent: Although I kind of blame the fact that it was about 2:00 AM when the movie was ending...I'm much more likely to cry at ANY movie if it's really late at night, I've had a hard day, or I'm just especially emotional.

When it comes to movies (and, ok, life in general), I'm kind of a sap, although I think I'm getting slightly harder of heart as time goes on. :laugh: I'm sure I it would take me a long time to recall every movie I've ever cried a tear or two at! But, generally the movies that make me cry, at least lately, fall into two main categories.

Number One - Super-intense movies that a lot of people cry at. One I saw recently was a documentary called Dear Zachary - amazing movie, but just...horrifying subject matter. Supposedly it made many a hard, crusty, male movie reviewer bawl their eyes out. :twisted: Hotel Rawanda had me and several of my female friends crying almost hysterically. I also love Schindler's List, and I've seen it several times. I never cry during the majority of the movie, but I usually shed a few tears at the end. And Life is Beautiful...I managed to watch Schindler's List tear-free in high school once, but Life is Beautiful wrecked me, even dubbed in English! And let's not forget the time I saw it in my Italian class... :laugh:

Number Two - Kids movies. Seriously, it's crazy how many family-oriented movies I've seen that have made me not just cry, but SOB. Up was a big one - I would have sobbed through the thing from start to finish had I not been sitting with a boy on either side of me at the theater. :laugh: Lilo and Stitch made me cry buckets for some reason. Toy Story 3 made me cry at the end. Oh, and because I was a deprived child, I had never seen The Land Before Time until, like last week, and of course I cried at the sad part. :laugh:

Oh I Pretend Ta Be A Real Hard Ass When It Comes To Movies But I Get Real Upset

Marley And Me I Bawled Like A Baby Next To My Friend On The Transfer To San Francisco

Beaches She Has Cancer And *Sob* A Kid And The *Sob Sob* ....

UP Just A Cartoon Man Whos Wife Dies, I Tear Up Every Time No Matter Where I Watch It

King Kong Something About That Loving Look In His Eye At The End Makes Me Cry

Offt Im Such A Baby!

:drool:

aww i just watched my sisters keeper and cryed like a baby :drool:

but the lion king NEVER fails to make me cry

• 2 weeks later...

Dead Poets Society. Every single time. It's kind of embarrassing, I watched it in my English class last week and I just started bawling... Dumbo is another one, I never let the kids I babysit for watch it because they don't realize I'm crying over how heartbreaking it is in some parts

Archived