Sneeze Fetish Forum

Misreading things

Chanel_no5

I misread "Pitch zone" as "Bitch zone". Which I feel would actually a useful warning sign in some places.

Highschool?

Or the town hall around here... :rolleyes:

Oh god, here too. :lamo:

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is huge!!

Obama's address was great.

I fear I just read this post as "Obama's dress was great."

Oh dear. I went back up to make sure that wasn't what I had written. :yes:

I was at uni doing vegetation survey stuff today, I read "Erica tetralix" (a type of heather) as "Erotica tetralix", some obscure genre of adult film set in Scottish moorland, maybe? Then a few minutes later my friend read "coniferous woodland" as "carnivorous woodland". The squirrels don't stand a chance. :(

This is going to sound so silly... but I was listening to a Christmas song and not listening too well....

The line was "He's got a sleigh full, it's not going to stay full"... I heard "He's got a sniffle, he's not going to stifle"... wondered why the hell that would be sung in a Christmas song, listened again and could just about distinguish the words as they should be. :):P

That may be one of the best Mama Appelsaps I've ever heard. XD

Never heard of a Mama Appelsap before - am I right to assume it's the same as a Mondegreen?

Yes. Well, sort of, anyway. :( It's the name of a radio programme over here. Listeners can phone in to say what funny Dutch they heard in English/Spanish/Roumanian/French/whatever lyrics in a song.

Speaking of Misheard Lyrics... I saw the

once and now I can never hear anything but Hamster - a dentist in there. XD
There's a thread in the blogs at the moment and it's called Post-Easter. I've already read it but for some reason despite that, every time I open the blogs I read Post-Eater ... and wonder what on earth someone has said about that.

:razz: I do apologize for any distress I may have caused by eating posts!

There's a thread in the blogs at the moment and it's called Post-Easter. I've already read it but for some reason despite that, every time I open the blogs I read Post-Eater ... and wonder what on earth someone has said about that.

:blushing: I do apologize for any distress I may have caused by eating posts!

How does one cause a mistress by eating posts....? I'm confused!

:twisted: I do apologize for any distress I may have caused by eating posts!

:laugh:

:laugh: I do apologize for any distress I may have caused by eating posts!

Well.. I'm not sure about the mistress, but I think it might cause intestinal distress... :twisted:

There's a little pamphlet on the floor in my house advertising "A Splendid way to Ship."

Naturally, I read it as a "splendid way to strip." I guess I have some reading to do today.

There's a little pamphlet on the floor in my house advertising "A Splendid way to Ship."

Naturally, I read it as a "splendid way to strip." I guess I have some reading to do today.

How amusing is it that I just read it exactly the same way? :laugh: Great minds think alike, right? :twisted:

How amusing is it that I just read it exactly the same way? :laugh: Great minds think alike, right? :twisted:

I read it as 'A splended way to Sh*t' and had to do a double take :laugh: Its such a decieving title!! I was cringing at the tmi from Blah :laugh:

Oh my... I'm not actually prone to misreading things. I'm really not. But just 20 seconds ago I misread Murphy's post in the Stories section as "Murphy's Gang-Bang". I thought, "Wow, what a story..."

Oh my... I'm not actually prone to misreading things. I'm really not. But just 20 seconds ago I misread Murphy's post in the Stories section as "Murphy's Gang-Bang". I thought, "Wow, what a story..."

:hug:;):heart: Oh my god...that would be a story.

:heart:;):lol: Oh my god...that would be a story.

Good thing you're over 18 because I'm pretty sure that one would have to go in the adult stories section! :hug:

"Murphy's gangbang"... *snorts* I like it! ;)

... and poor prince Harry keeps sneezing...¨

"Y U NO AUTHORIZE MY DLC?" was written by a forum friend on FB. I totally read DLC as .... um... dick. :hug:

I misread "general discussion" as "genderal discussion" nearly every time I look at it.

And I just misread that ^ as "genital discussion".

Pig told me that Scion wrote a story not so long ago called The Penis of Hope. At least I think that's what it was.....

Another one; I was just watching the internet aftershow for the tv show Mythbusters where under the video there's a short description of what's discussed in the clip and misread "And what do they do when not mythbusting" as "And what do they do when not masturbating." Needless to say I had to do a double take :)

Just read the title of SusieQusie's Snake Pit topic "I'm in a pickle. Advice please!" as "I'm a pickle. Advice please!" :laugh:

...Okay, take a second... look at them reeeeeal close... yeah, silly, I know :lol:

:lmfao: I just misread the title of my own thread as "MISLEADING things". :rolleyes::lol:
:lmfao: I just misread the title of my own thread as "MISLEADING things". :rolleyes::lol:

Well they are, aren't they? :bleh:

:D I just misread the title of my own thread as "MISLEADING things". :D:laugh:

Well they are, aren't they? :lol:

Actually, yes, that's correct. ;)

Ok I had one a few days ago. When I was on the bus looking out a window I saw a sign that I was sure said "Witchcraft" and I got all excited thinking there was some sort of convention coming up, but then when I saw the sign again it turned out it was a political sign for someone called "Wheatcraft". I was so disappointed. Funny enough, my mother misread that sign the same way I did.

Awww, Shayla, that's disappointing! I probably would've read it the same way though. Witchcraft is much more interesting than wheatcraft anyway. ;)

Archived