Sneeze Fetish Forum

Various Hetalia shorts (M)

Hachimitsu Tea

I wrote this for the kink meme a while back and thought it might find a home here as well. I hope you'll enjoy it! I'll likely be adding more with various pairings later. I hope it's not too long!

Title: The Merits of Getting Caught in the Rain

Pairing: USUK

Word count: 2,050

Damn… I’m drenched! Shivering, England stepped under the awning of a nearby shop and wiped away the rain that had dripped down from his hair and into his face. What on earth is wrong with American weather?! The sky was the most beautiful, clear blue when I left my hotel this morning and now it’s pouring! I never want to hear that tosser whining about the weather at my place again!

Suddenly England was deeply regretting his earlier decision to walk back to his hotel from the conference hall where he’d had his previous meeting with America. He’d always enjoyed taking walks and opted to do so rather than driving whenever time and distance permitted, but something about having freezing water falling on him the whole way rather dampened his enthusiasm for it.

He looked down at his sopping wet suit with a disconsolate sniffle and mused that it was probably ruined. England sighed and pointlessly attempted to wring some of the excess water out of it as he tried to decide what he should do next. His hotel was still a good seven blocks away, a trip that he didn’t relish making in this freezing downpour. He also didn’t have enough cash on him for a taxi, so that option was out.

There was only one other possibility that he could think of, though the thought of following through with this plan filled him with dread. Then again, it was better than walking seven blocks in the rain. He sniffled again as he dug reluctantly into his pocket for his cell phone.

Thanking god that he wasn’t soaked enough that his phone had been damaged, he selected America’s number from the contact list. England held the phone to his ear with his shoulder as he rubbed his hands on his arms in a desperate attempt to generate some warmth.

“Hey, what’s up, England?” America’s voice grated on his ears through the phone, the cheerfulness irritating him even more in his present miserable state. “You missin’ me already?”

England bit back the annoyed comment he longed to fling at America, figuring that it would be unwise to insult him in the same breath that he asked him for a favor. “I-is there any ch-ch-chance you might be able to p-pick me up?” England asked through chattering teeth. “It’s r-raining, as you can cl-clearly see, and I w-w-walked to our m-meeting today… Heh….Hetchoo! Hikshoo! …Ah… I’m ch-chilled to the bone, so if you c-could get here b-before I catch my death of pneumonia, I’d ap-preciate it.”

“Oh, yeah, sure! America the Hero is on it!” America replied enthusiastically. “Just tell me where you are.”

England related his location to America. “And y-you may want to b-bring some t-towels to protect your s-seats; I’m s-s-soaked through.”

“Roger that! Be there in a sec, ok, England?”

England sniffled as he hung up and stuffed his phone back into his pocket, feeling a rush of affection and gratitude toward the younger man. A small smile tugged at the corner of England’s lips in spite of his current misery. No matter how much America teased and irritated him, he could always count on him to come through in his times of need. Whenever England could muscle past his pride enough to express his gratitude, America would smile warmly, a different kind of smile than he normally wore, and say “any time, dude”, and clap him on the shoulder. Something about the look in America’s eyes would cause something in the region of his heart to stutter, but not in an unpleasant way.

England suddenly realized that his cheeks were growing hot, and that it was being caused by tender thoughts of America. He began to justify and explain things away in his head (I-it’s not like I have any special feelings for him! It’s just your run-of-the-mill gratitude!) but then he realized that those thoughts had brought a slight illusion of warmth to his chilled body.

Perhaps, just this once, while he was freezing cold and wet, he could allow these sorts of thoughts to continue (It’s only for my own sake, of course). England folded his arms over his chest and allowed the image of America’s gentle smile and the steady touch of his hand to fill his memory as he waited.

America pulled up to the curb in front of England in his flashy red, white, and blue sports car not ten minutes later. England hurried over to the towel-lined passenger’s seat as quickly as his numb legs would take him, shivering uncontrollably from head to toe. He sighed aloud with relief when America leaned across the center console to open the door for him and a blast of warm air from the heaters spilled out to greet him.

“Holy crap, you really are soaked, huh?” America marveled as England dropped into the seat and hurriedly slammed the door shut against the chill. “You’ve gotta be freezing your ass off! Here, take this.”

He passed England another towel, which he helped him wrap around his shoulders. England continued to shiver, his fingers so numb with cold that he hardly felt them brush America’s as the two of them fumbled with the towel.

“And this,” America added, grabbing a large fleecy blue blanket from the back seat and draping it over him.

“Th-thank you,” England mumbled, his already chill-flushed cheeks reddening even further at America’s thoughtfulness.

“Any time, dude,” America said with the same smile that England had recalled in order to keep himself warm.

England nuzzled his face into the blanket, trying to hide his steadily rising blush. It wasn’t a blush, though; he was just getting used to this drastic temperature change.

“So, uh… things are pretty boring over at my house right now, so I was just thinking about asking you over to sit in front of the fireplace and have some hot chocolate anyway…” America glanced over at his passenger nervously. “H-how ‘bout it?”

England sniffled again and rubbed his nose. “To be honest, a fireplace and hot cocoa sound wonderful right now.”

“Awesome!” America grinned, looking relieved. “My place it is, then!”

He pulled away from the curb and began heading in the direction of his house.

England clutched at the blanket and tried to will away the smile that was threatening to overcome him. He was only happy because of the prospect of warmth and free hot chocolate, but he didn’t need America getting the wrong idea. He chanced a glance at America, who was humming along softly with the pop song that played quietly on his radio, and found that he wasn’t bothering to restrain his own smile.

The two of them drove in near silence for a few blocks, the quiet broken only by the steady drumming of the rain, the purr of America’s engine, and his absentminded humming along with the radio. England could feel his nose starting to itch and reached hurriedly into his pocket for his rain-dampened handkerchief. He held the embroidered cloth over his nose and mouth, trying to stifle the tickle, not wanting to break the peace between them so inelegantly. To England’s chagrin, the sneeze slipped out anyway, and it brought friends.

“Tchoo! …Nng…Ngxshoo! Hetchoo!”

America glanced over in his direction and chuckled quietly as England blew his nose. In the brief haze the sneezes left behind in his head, it took him a moment to realize that America was laughing at him.

“Wh-what’s so funny?” England asked irritably, his cheeks still pinked.

“I never really thought about it before, but you’ve got a really cute sneeze,” America commented with a goofy grin. “It’s all quiet and polite, just like you pretend to be!”

“Who’s pretending?!” England snapped, blushing even more prominently at the strange compliment. “I just don’t bother wasting politeness on prats like you who won’t appreci…”

America looked over at him once more when he suddenly trailed off in the middle of his word. His grin widened when he saw England’s head fall back slightly, lids lowering gradually over watery eyes, lips parting slowly in preparation. “Heh…kshoo! Ktchoo!”

America was laughing again, but England could feel another series of sneezes creeping up on him and hardly noticed. They slipped out one after the other, soft and whispery and muffled by the handkerchief. “Tchoo! …Hegshoo! Hetchi! Hepchi!”

America’s heart fluttered with each one, his cheeks pinking slightly, though he was nowhere near as red as England. His breath was still hitching, and his nostrils twitched and flared at the lingering tickle. There was one more sneeze left, but it was holding its ground stubbornly. “Hehhh…Uhhh, mmhehhhh… Hihh, hihh…!”

“Can’t sneeze?” America asked pleasantly.

England reddened even further, too embarrassed to give a verbal reply. The tickle had grown so insistent that he could no longer keep his eyes open as he sniffled helplessly, drawing small, quick breaths through his nose in the way that sometimes helped coax out a stubborn sneeze. “Hah, hah… heh… hehhhhh…”

America stopped at a red light and put the car in park for a moment while he reached under his seat for his emergency flashlight. He clicked it on and held it out to England.

“Here, try looking into the light,” he suggested.

England sniffled again and forced his eyes open a crack. The effect was immediate. “Hitchoo!” He didn’t manage to get his handkerchief up in time to catch the first sneeze, but he had time to try again when three more slipped out with it. “Hepchoo! Heh…hehchoo! Ipshoo!”

“Seriously man, adorable,” America teased gently, though he honestly found them endearing.

England blushed to the tips of his ears as he blew his nose quietly, still feeling a little dizzy from sneezing so many times. “Why do you have choose such a trivial and embarrassing thing to compliment?”

To the Englishman’s surprise, America’s only reply to that was silence. England peered cautiously in his direction, and was astonished to find that though America’s gaze was fixed determinedly on the road before them, the previous light kiss of rosy pink in his cheeks had deepened, and he was biting his lower lip as if trying to make a difficult decision.

“…Do you want me to tell you the other things about you that I think are cute?” he asked eventually.

England was so shocked by this reply that he gave up on pretending that he wasn’t watching him and stared openly. “Th-there’s more…?” he asked hesitantly, trying not to sound hopeful (because he wasn’t. Honest!).

“Well… y-yeah,” America admitted. “There’re, um… actually quite a few things.”

It was as if England had fallen into some kind of surreal parallel universe where everything was backwards. This couldn’t really be happening. This man, the dense, obnoxious, beautiful, wonderful man, whom England had been trying to convince himself for years didn’t occupy his head as much as he really did, couldn’t be saying such things about him.

It’s a dream, England told himself. I’ll pinch myself and wake up in bed at my hotel. England pinched his thigh hard under the blanket and had to bite his lip to prevent himself from gasping in pain. This was really happening.

“Do… you wanna know…?” America asked uncertainly, still not looking at him as they pulled into his driveway.

America put his car in park and killed the engine before meeting England’s eyes at last. The look in his eyes was so vulnerable that it England’s heart was overwhelmed by the steadily growing bubble of joyful warmth. His gaze fell to the hand that America had just placed hopefully in the space between them.

He placed his own down beside it, just close enough that their fingertips could brush, testing the waters, wanting to make absolutely certain that he wasn’t going to find out that he was misinterpreting the situation. America moved his hand closer, slipping his fingers into the gaps between England’s in confirmation of England’s suspicions.

England’s breath caught in his chest. America was leaning closer over the center console and England felt absolutely no desire to stop him. And as their lips met at last, England was glad for the first time that day that he had gotten stuck out in the rain.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh my god...You were the one that wrote this?! I can't believe it's you!!! I loved this fic from the kink meme, too! I'm so happy you joined <3

Title: A Friend in Need

Pairing: FinlandxSweden

Word count: 2,424

Sweden couldn’t remember the last time he’d been this glad to see his apartment. He staggered through the door and collapsed on the couch, simultaneously dropping his bag on the floor. Shivering uncontrollably, Sweden began to pull down the blanket that was folded over the back of the couch, but had to pause when that familiar tickle flared up in his nose again.

His nostrils were flaring in preparation for the sneeze, but he pinched them closed as he reached hurriedly for a tissue from the box on the end table. He had barely brought it into place in time to catch his first sneeze. “HENGKXchoo! HETchoo! HIGNXchoo! …Nnngh…Choo!” Sweden blew his nose gingerly and applied a fresh layer of Chapstick to the irritated, red skin the tissue left behind. It had taken everything he had to stay awake in class today, and now he wanted nothing more than to forget about his homework and take a long nap.

What had started out as a mildly uncomfortable “icky feeling” that morning had progressed into a definite fever, chills, a pounding headache, and a sneezy, runny nose. Sweden supposed he should have known that he was in danger of coming down with a cold after he’d let Finland borrow his coat while they’d been out cheering on their school’s soccer team last week, but he’d had no choice when he’d seen his roommate shivering at his side on the bleachers. And hadn’t Finland looked heartbreakingly adorable all bundled up in Sweden’s oversized coat?

Sweden shivered again as he closed his burning eyes. Finland hadn’t returned from his own classes yet, and Sweden couldn’t decide whether or not he was grateful for that. On one hand, he didn’t really want Finland to see him looking so pathetic. But on the other hand, Sweden was entertaining a dazed fantasy in which Finland crouched concernedly at his side to feel his forehead, then treated him to a little kiss, a hot bath, and a nap in his arms.

Sweden’s already fever-flushed cheeks warmed even further at the thought as he made himself a cocoon of his blanket. Until lately, he would have forced himself to dismiss those fantasies as mere flights of fancy; impossible dreams that could never come true. But recent developments had put hope in his heart for a relationship with his beloved roommate. Sweden’s lips twitched upward tiredly at the corners as he remembered how Finland had shyly allowed him to hold his hand on the way home from class last week, or how he had prepared Sweden’s favorite dish for him on Sunday. There might actually be hope of Finland caring for him while he was ill.

The young man’s consciousness began to drift away, but his head was still full of big violet eyes, soft blond hair, and gentle smiles.

The next time Sweden opened his eyes, someone was rubbing his back and gripping his hand, firmly but gently. He blinked and cleared his throat, struggling to clear the haze of sleep from his feverish mind and regain his grasp on the present. It took him much longer than it should have to realize who was rubbing his back and holding his hand, but when he did, he started slightly.

“F-Fin!” he croaked. “What’re ya…?”

“You were mumbling my name in your sleep,” Finland said softly. “Are you ok?”

Sweden was in a daze and found it difficult to formulate an answer. Did he want to admit to his illness, or did he want to pretend that he was fine? He rubbed his eyes to buy himself time to decide, but his thoughts felt as though they were moving through molasses. Before his fever-hazy mind could come to a decision, his nose made it for him. His breath began to hitch and he frantically hid his face in the blanket wrapped around him to keep from sneezing on Finland.

“Hutchoo! Hehhhh’ksht! …Nngh…Tchuh! Hp’chuu!”

Finland hurried to pluck some tissues from the nearby box and offer them to Sweden, who blushed and covered his face with a hand to hide his freely running nose as he accepted the tissues. The Fin touched the back of his hand against Sweden’s cheek as the taller boy blew his nose.

“Oh, Sve,” Finland breathed. “You’re burning up! You must be in a lot of pain… Have you had any medicine yet?”

Sweden blushed and clutched his blanket more tightly around himself so that it obscured most of his face before shaking his head weakly. Finland brushed a lock of hair away from Sweden’s forehead in a way that could almost be called a caress. Sweden’s heart skipped a beat.

“Let me get you some,” he offered. “Would you like some tea to go with it?”

“Mm.”

Sweden could hardly believe this was really happening. It was almost exactly like he’d imagined in his little fantasy! He held his breath, praying against hope that Finland would grant him the kiss he’d pictured, but Finland simply gave his hand a gentle squeeze before releasing it to retrieve the items he had promised. Sweden sighed. A kiss really had been too much to hope for, but at least Finland had held his hand. His fingers drifted absentmindedly to the place on his forehead where Finland’s fingers had brushed so tenderly.

“You’re in luck,” Finland commented from the kitchen. “My mom just sent me a care package a while ago with the best cold medicine ever invented. This stuff’ll fix you up in no time!”

“Thagks,” Sweden croaked, hoping that Finland was right.

He heard the water running as Finland filled a kettle for his tea. A moment later, Finland poked his head back into the living room. “While the water is heating, shall I get you another blanket? Maybe you’d be more comfortable in your bed…”

Sweden rubbed his eyes wearily. His bed sounded appealing, especially if Finland were to join him in it, cuddled up at his side and keeping him warm. Trying not to blush so hard, Sweden propped himself up wearily.

“Guess I’ll bove t’ by owd bed,” he muttered.

“Do you need help?” Finland asked.

Honestly, his head was already swimming and pounding just from sitting up, and he wasn’t sure he could walk without stumbling. But he already looked so pathetic in front of Finland that he couldn’t bring himself to ask for more help. If he stuck close to the wall, he’d probably be able to catch himself if he fell.

“Thigk I c’d do it byself,” he said.

Clutching his blanket around his shoulders, Sweden got unsteadily to his feet. As he stood, the late afternoon sunlight streaming in through the window hit his eyes, sending a zing through him that went straight to his sensitive nose.

“Hah… Haaaahhhh…” Sweden sniffled, swaying dizzily, his head throbbing as he tried to rub away the tickle. His eyes watered and squeezed shut of their own accord as the lingering tickle taunted him. “Hehhhh…. Ngh… hahhh…”

Sweden had been half trying to hold his breath to ward off the impending sneezing fit, but it made him feel as though he would faint. Finland was suddenly at his elbow, steadying him with uncertain hands. Instinctively, Sweden buried his face in Finland’s shoulder, pressing his nose firmly into his shirt in order to nudge the itch away.

“Go ahead and sneeze, Sve,” Finland advised. “You must be miserable trying to hold it in.”

Sweden didn’t want to let it go, didn’t want to risk infecting Finland, but he simply couldn’t keep it in any longer. His chest expanded shakily against Finland’s as his body geared up for the sneeze. “Hnxxgk! Hgxk! …Hehhhshoo! Ket’chuu! Heksh! Hekshueh! Hahhh… Hihhh… Ugggh… ‘B so sorry, Fid…”

Finland rubbed his back patiently. “You’re sick. You couldn’t help it… Are you alright? That sounded pretty painful.”

Sweden nodded his pounding head slightly, although it had indeed hurt. Finland separated from him slightly so that he could guide him to his bed silently, and pulled back the blankets for him, covering him up to his chin. Sweden’s heart throbbed when Finland caressed his feverish cheek shyly. He turned his face toward Finland’s touch to show his approval.

“I hope you didn’t catch this cold because you lent me your coat that day,” Finland said softly, his cheeks looking almost as pink as Sweden’s. “I told you you’d probably get sick if you didn’t keep it on.”

“’F I hadn’t gived it to ya, you’d prob’ly ‘ve gotted sick ‘dstead,” Sweden pointed out.

“If I had, at least I would’ve learned my lesson about forgetting my coat when I go to sporting events,” Finland retaliated. “You shouldn’t have sacrificed your health for my sake.”

“Don’t wadda see y’ sufferid’,” Sweden mumbled, not looking at him. “Better be thad you.”

Finland ran his fingers over Sweden’s cheek again tenderly. “And how do you think it makes me feel to see you in pain?”

Sweden swallowed hard, his heart fluttering hopefully in his chest. The kettle began to whistle in the kitchen, signaling that Sweden’s hot water was done heating.

“I’d better go fix your tea,” Finland said, getting to his feet. “Do you like honey and cream in it?”

“Mm,” Sweden said.

Finland’s warmth disappeared from his side, and Sweden had to fight back the urge to call him back and tell him that he didn’t care about tea or medicine as long as he could have Finland beside him, stroking his cheek as tenderly as he had been and keeping him warm. That would just be childish.

Sweden drowsed as he waited for Finland to return, shivering miserably beneath his blankets. The earpiece of his glasses was pressed uncomfortably between his cheek and his pillow, but he couldn’t muster the energy to remove them and set them on the nightstand. He knew that doing so would mean that he would have to reach his arm outside of the protective heat bubble provided by his covers. The Swede shifted feebly as he tried to get more comfortable without moving too much outside of the spot on the mattress that his feverish body had already warmed.

Sweden sniffled through his congested nose, rubbing it weakly. It was beginning to itch again. He decided he’d rather sneeze now when Finland was in the other room. Maybe it was strange, but it embarrassed him to sneeze in front of him, so he made no effort to hold it in this time. He buried his face in his blankets and sneezed explosively. “HUTK’CHUH!! TCHUH!! HF’TCHUU!! …HESHOOO!!” Sweden moaned miserably, wishing he’d thought to bring the box of tissues from the other room.

“Are you ok, Sve?”

Sweden’s aching ears heard the soft clatter of a mug being set on the nightstand and he felt the mattress dip a little as someone took a seat on the edge of his bed. A wonderfully warm hand cupped and stroked his cheek and Sweden forced his sleepy eyes open to see that his adorable, sweet angel Finland had returned to him. Finland reached into his pocket and pulled out a handkerchief, which he held over Sweden’s poor, chapped nose.

“Here, blow,” he prompted.

Sweden obeyed unthinkingly, blowing his nose wetly into the soft cloth that Finland was holding for him.

“Better?” Finland asked sweetly.

“Mm…” he said hoarsely, only vaguely aware of the words coming from his own lips. “Fin… yer s’ beautiful…”

Finland blushed at this unexpected compliment. “Ah ha ha… you must be pretty out of it, huh?” he laughed nervously. “Your tea is ready. Can you sit up?”

“’M cold,” he mumbled. He shivered again, as if to illustrate his point.

“Poor Sve,” Finland cooed sympathetically. “Umm… d-do you think… Would it help if I sat next to you? Maybe I could help keep you warm or, uh… something like that?”

That honestly sounded like the best idea ever, and Sweden wished that he could tell Finland so, but he was so fatigued and miserable that even unnecessary speech was unappealing. “Mm,” he grunted.

Finland helped Sweden hoist himself upright before slipping in beside him under the blankets. Sweden leaned against him just barely, longing for more contact, but too shy to take what he wanted without Finland’s express invitation.

“Are… you sure you’re comfortable like that?” Finland asked timidly, his cheeks almost as pink as Sweden’s. “I mean… you could snuggle up a little more if you wanted.”

This was just the sort of offer that Sweden had been waiting for. He wrapped his arms hesitantly around his roommate’s frame and pulled him closer, cuddling into his delicious warmth and softness. Finland swallowed hard, blushing at the sudden increased closeness of his beloved friend. He carefully passed him his tea and medicine before returning his embrace.

Sweden blew on the lightly steaming tea before taking a cautious sip, praying that he wouldn’t burn himself. Fortunately it was just the right temperature. He tossed the pills into his mouth and washed them down with a gulp of slightly sweet, milky tea. Finland had begun to stroke his hair lovingly

“Does it taste ok?” Finland asked.

“’S perfect,” Sweden said. “Thanks.”

Finland smiled, nuzzling his nose into Sweden’s soft hair affectionately.

Sweden finished his tea at a deliberately leisurely pace, basking in Finland’s warmth. Would Finland remain by his side even after he’d finished his tea? He certainly hoped so; Sweden was fantasizing about holding him even closer, resting his poor aching head against Finland’s chest, and falling asleep in his arms. He allowed himself to become so wrapped up in his daydreams that at some point they slipped into actual dreams as he nodded off at Finland’s side. It wasn’t until he felt Finland gently tugging his mostly empty mug from his loose grip that he was jostled awake a bit.

“Why don’t you lie down, Sve?” Finland suggested softly. “You’ll be more comfortable that way.”

Sweden hugged Finland closer again, his half-asleep state preventing him from feeling much embarrassment about his needy actions. “Please don’t go,” he murmured.

Finland couldn’t help smiling at his friend’s sleepy request. His cheeks pinked again shyly as he pressed a warm kiss to Sweden’s forehead. “I won’t,” he replied.

Sweden didn’t reply; he had already drifted off. Finland helped him lie down and slipped under the covers beside him. Sweden’s arms wound around him immediately and he snuggled close, resting his head on Finland’s chest. Finland bowed his head to kiss Sweden’s feverish forehead once more before allowing Sweden to nap in peace.

Oops, forgot to thank my lovely commenters for their encouragement ^///^ Thank you very much, I'm glad you enjoyed!

Oh my gosh. These are absolutely incredible!!! *3* For shorts, they're rather long and I totally commend you for that! They're so adorable<3

I noticed some people were interested in a DenNor story on one of the other threads (including me ^^;) so I wrote one. Enjoy!

Title: Dignity

Pairing: DenmarkxNorway

Words: 1,139

When Norway finally closed the door between himself and the inside of Sweden and Finland’s new house, it was with great relief. Talk about a long night! Sweden and Finland had invited their fellow Nordics over to break in their new house that the two of them had just finished building.

Norway had known going in that it was likely to be a miserable night. It wasn’t that he disliked spending time with the others (and, alright, that included Denmark, in spite of how often Norway complained about him), and he certainly had nothing against parties (even though Sweden had limited the amount of alcohol consumption allowed at this one as he didn’t want anyone getting sick on the new carpeting). It was just…

“Tch! Nngch! Hpch!”

“Ah man,” Denmark groaned in frustration, clearly a little tipsy. “I hate to admit it, but Sve’s new place was super swanky, even if it was full of stupid Swedish furniture! Did you see that bathtub?! It was freakin’ huge! I bet they could totally get it on in there and be totally comfortable while doin’ it! Ours is too short and I always end up with a cramp in my leg!”

“Hktch! Hpch!”

“Say, what would you think about lettin’ me remodel our place a little?” Denmark suggested, still not noticing how distracted Norway was. “We could start with gettin’ a bigger bathtub and then…”

“Hepshoo!” Norway sneezed, unable to stifle any longer. “Het’Ischew!”

“Bless you!” Denmark said loudly, in a way that would’ve embarrassed Norway a lot more if he’d been completely sober. It was still embarrassing though, especially since Norway wasn’t done.

“Heh…Hih’hitnghx! Etchnxch!” Norway sniffled and groaned, his cheeks pinking as he searched his pockets for another tissue, even though he was pretty sure he’d used them all up at Sweden and Finland’s house.

“Bless you again!” Denmark said, turning to look at him owlishly. “You ok, Norge? I thought I saw you rubbing your nose and eyes a lot at Fin and Sve’s place… You gettin’ sick?”

Norway sniffled and scrubbed at his itchy eyes irritably. “If it was a cold, my eyes wouldn’t be affected. Stupid Brohhh---Pt’chnx! Inxtch!”

“Then… allergies?” Denmark guessed. “To what? I don’t think I’ve ever noticed you havin’ an allergy problem before…”

“’T’s ‘cause you’re ad idiot,” Norway said peevishly before stifling another three sneezes into the sleeve of his jacket. “Hnxch! Nnxch! …Ikngxx! Ugh…Id’s that dog of theirs.”

“Hana… Hana-what’sername?” Denmark asked.

“Inxcht!” Norway sneezed in reply.

“Lessee… Hana-tomato?” Denmark tried again, searching for the correct name.

“HnnntCH! NgghCHXXXN!”

“Or was it Hana-tornado?” Denmark continued, laughing at the dog’s silly name.

“IhhhhnKNXXX!! HnCHNXnnn…TCHNXCH!!”

“Um, Hana…Hana…”

“ENGXCH!! …S-stop saying that name!” Norway wheezed. He stumbled into Denmark, dizzy from stifling his sneezes.

Denmark grinned that obnoxious (and, alright, gorgeous, but Norway would die before he’d admit that out loud) grin of his, pulling sniffly Norway closer and kissing the top of his head. “Sorry, didn’t know just the name would set you off. That’s kinda cute.”

Norway sniffled again and socked Denmark half-heartedly in the side, blushing at having something as gross and undignified as an allergy attack called cute. Denmark hardly seemed to notice the punch; he just kissed the top of Norway’s head again.

“But you weren’t sneezin’ like this at Fin and Sve’s house,” Denmark pointed out. “How come you’re only doing it now that you’re away from the dog?”

“I had to back there too, I just held it in.” Norway rubbed his itchy, teary eyes again miserably.

“Eh? You held it in that whole time?!” Denmark gasped.

“Not the whole time. I knew the dog would be there so I took some allergy medicine before we went….Hntchnx! Nnntchuh! Ugh… It started wearing off in the last hour.”

“Still, holy crap,” Denmark marveled. “To hold it in for a whole hour… It feels so much better to just let ‘em out! If I gotta sneeze, I just do it and it feels great.”

“I know,” Norway said testily. “And you’re so loud that you end up startling everyone in the room. And besides that, you get that ridiculous expression on your face. If you had any dignity at all, you wouldn’t show that face to anyone.”

“Wha—is that why, then? You don’t wanna show other people your sneezy face?” Denmark laughed heartily, nuzzling his face into the crook of Norway’s neck and kissing up and down the soft, pale skin there. “Ahh, Norge… you’re so freakin’ adorable! It should be illegal for one guy to be this cute!”

“G-get off, stop that,” Norway huffed, reddening even further and shivering at Denmark’s breathy kisses. “Annoying Brother… quit laugh…Iktch! Nnkchn!”

Still laughing quietly, Denmark held Norway fast against his chest and kissed the rim of his ear. “How ‘bout like this? No one can see your face with me huggin’ you like this. Just go ahead ‘n’ let yourself sneeze openly. It’ll feel way better than holdin’ it in, I promise.”

Norway sniffled, feeling stupid. Was Denmark serious about this? To be completely honest, there was something extremely intimate about the thought, even if it was kind of gross and completely embarrassing. Denmark kissed the top of his head again as Norway clutched at his shirt uncertainly.

“Go on, Norge, let it out,” he urged softly. “Just think of Hana-Torpedo, and…”

Right on cue, at the mention of the dog’s name, Norway’s nostrils flared, and his teary eyes began to flutter closed. His chest expanded erratically against Denmark’s as his breath hitched.

“Come on, no holdin’ back now,” Denmark said, sounding like he was enjoying this far too much. “Picture that adorable, white, soft, fluffy…”

“Hehhhhhkshoo! Ihhh…Ikshoo! T’choo! T’choo! Nnn, huhhhh…Hikshoo! Hekshoo! Eshoo! Hiihhh—HIPTCHOO!!...kshoo…Ughhhhhh…”

Denmark held him close through his sneezing fit, rubbing his back soothingly. Norway wasn’t sure if he was feeling better now, or worse. He knew that he was blushing to the tips of his ears, and was glad it was dark so that Denmark couldn’t see. His breath hitched a few more times, but the burning tickle had mostly gone and the random hitches didn’t come to anything. He sniffled wetly and drew away.

“Bless you,” Denmark said brightly. “You really needed that, huh? Feeling better?”

Norway rubbed tiredly at his drippy nose. “Hmph,” he grunted noncommittally. “The frodt of your jacket is disgusti’g dow, a’d I refuse to take the blabe.”

Denmark laughed and kissed the top of his head. “Don’t worry, it can be washed. Felt good though, didn’t it, just letting it go?”

Norway said nothing, but rested his head tiredly against Denmark’s shoulder as they continued their way back to their hotel, making no protest when Denmark took his hand and gave it an affectionate squeeze. In fact, he may have even returned the squeeze. But just a little.

Oh, does anyone have any other pairings or situations they want to see? I don't like working with France, Russia, China, or Japan, but I'll give pretty much any other character/pairing a shot.

your a really good writer, I know you already did an UKUS however if possable could you do another one?

Sure, is there any particular situation you want to see and do you have a preference for who's sneezing?

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be filling Shadowholmes's request next, but I got the idea for this story and had to write it down before I forgot it.

Title: Inducing

Pairing: GermanyxItaly

Word count: 1,399

“I’m, uh… I’m not sure about this, Italy.” Germany shifted nervously as Italy crawled into his lap and straddled his thighs, feather in hand.

“Aw, c’mon, Germany,” Italy said cajolingly, pouting slightly. “I indulged your cross-dressing fantasy last night. Can’t you do this one little thing for me?”

Germany blushed. Italy had a point; Germany was very grateful for the way Italy had played out his fantasy for him so willingly, and indulging one of Italy’s fantasies in return was the least he could do. “Sorry, I didn’t mean that I wouldn’t do it; I’m… just a little embarrassed.”

Italy gave him a comforting smile as he leaned in and kissed Germany’s flushed cheek. “Veh, it’s ok, no need to be shy. There’s no one here to see but me, and I won’t tease you.”

Germany turned his head so that he could take Italy’s next kiss on his lips. He knew Italy wouldn’t tease him, but the way Italy fawned over him when Germany did something Italy liked was almost just as embarrassing. He would do it, however, because it would make Italy happy and he loved seeing Italy smile. “A-alright,” he mumbled. “What do you want me to do?”

“I’m going to tickle your nose a little bit with this feather,” Italy explained, twirling the feather playfully between his long, artistic fingers. “Try to hold the sneeze in as long as you can, and when you can’t hold it anymore, let it out into my shoulder. Ok?”

Germany swallowed hard and nodded, his cheeks reddening even further. Italy’s smile widened and he kissed him again.

“Ready?” Italy asked sweetly.

Germany nodded again, feeling foolish. Italy brought the feather to Germany’s pale, shapely nose and began to tease lightly around the very entrance of Germany’s nostrils. At first, the blond felt nothing in particular, but then Italy let the tip of the feather slip in a little deeper. Germany twitched his nose, feeling the telltale tickle begin to take hold. His breath hitched quietly. Italy must have noticed because he removed the feather.

Germany’s eyelids fluttered closed as the tickle worsened, despite the withdrawal of the irritant. It worsened so rapidly that before he could even begin to strategize about how best to hold it back without losing the sneeze completely, he was pitching forward into Italy’s shoulder.

“HUSHOO!! HRUSHOO!! HUTCHOOOO!!”

The muscular man drew away, sniffling, his face red as he avoided Italy’s gaze. “Ugh, sorry. It tickled so much that I couldn’t hold it in.”

Italy was smiling brightly as he leaned in and kissed the tip of Germany’s nose. “Don’t worry, Germany! It was still cute! Besides, we can always try again.”

The Italian was tickling Germany’s nose again before he’d even had a chance to mentally prepare himself for the next round. Germany tried to sniffle again just as Italy began to tease him, which resulted in a brief series of rapid-fire sneezes before Italy even had a chance to pull the feather away. Italy only had a second to observe the way Germany’s head fell back, his eyes fluttering closed, and his nostrils flaring.

“HRUSHOO!! HRUSHOOOOO!! HEKSHOOO!! …EKSHOO!!”

The sneezes came so suddenly that Germany hadn’t even had time to bury his face in Italy’s shoulder before they started. He was scarlet with embarrassment when the haze left in his head by the sneezing fit cleared enough for him to notice that he had accidentally sprayed Italy. Germany opened his mouth, intending to apologize profusely, but Italy just plucked a tissue from the nearby box and dabbed gently at Germany’s nose, grinning in a way that told Germany that he wasn’t the least bit upset about it.

“Bless you!” Italy said brightly, his own cheeks a bit pink now. “Wow, Germany really had to sneeze, huh? I didn’t even get to pull the feather away!”

“Sorry,” Germany apologized again, pausing awkwardly to blow his nose when Italy prompted him. “I guess I’m not very good at this…”

“Veh, you don’t have to be sorry!” Italy assured him, treating Germany’s blushing cheeks to a smattering of joyful kisses. “I should have warned you that I was about to start tickling. This time I’ll…”

Italy trailed off when he noticed that Germany’s chest was expanding rapidly with air against his. He separated from him hurriedly so that he could watch the progression of his pre-sneeze face. Germany’s head fell back again, his nostrils twitching as he wrinkled his nose against the growing tickle. He released some of the breath he had drawn in a quiet huff and pressed his lips together stubbornly and wrinkled his nose again, trying to hold the sneeze back as per Italy’s request. His fortitude lasted only about a fraction of a second before he was jerking forward into Italy’s shoulder again, his nose pressing firmly against the bare skin of Italy’s neck.

“Huh… HUSHOO!! ESHOO!! EP’UHCHOO!!”

“Bless Germany,” Italy cooed, stroking his boyfriend’s hair lovingly. He heard and felt Germany snuffle self-consciously against his neck and let out a final, desperate “HESH!!” “Bless Germany again!”

“Hmph, seems like I can’t hold back no matter how hard I try,” Germany observed as Italy dabbed at his runny nose for him again.

“Hmm… why don’t I see if I can help you this time?” Italy suggested.

Germany frowned slightly. “And… how do you propose to do that?”

Italy winked at him playfully. “You’ll see. Ready to try again?”

“I suppose,” Germany said embarrassedly, rubbing his nose a bit. It was starting to go a little pink at the tip, and Italy leaned in to kiss it again.

Italy picked up the feather and tickled Germany’s nose again lightly. Germany sniffled, his brow crinkling as his eyebrows drew up toward the center, his lips parting gradually. Italy quickly dropped the feather and held a finger under Germany’s flaring nostrils giving it just the tiniest rub.

“Huhhh…!” Germany drew a deep breath.

Italy gave Germany’s nose another tiny rub, just enough to nudge away the worst edge of the tickle, but not enough to eliminate it completely. Germany twitched his nose again in the way that Italy had always found so adorable, releasing a small, shaky breath. His chest began to expand against Italy’s again, his right eye squeezing shut a bit tighter as Germany wrinkled only that side of his nose.

“Huhh, huhh… Huhhhh…”

Italy gave him another little rub and Germany snuffled desperately against Italy’s finger. Italy shivered excitedly at the gentle suction against his skin.

Germany’s nose twitched slightly to the left this time, his lips parting again, his forehead crinkling even more as his eyebrows drew up to their utmost height. His breaths were coming in constant, needy little puffs now.

“Huhh, huhh… *sniffle* huhh, huhh, huhh…”

Italy could feel a little droplet of moisture as Germany snuffled against his finger again, and he decided he could end Germany’s suffering at last. He lowered his finger. Germany gave one last shuddering pant, his nostrils flaring widely before releasing multiple explosive sneezes into Italy’s shoulder.

“HEPKSHOO!! HUSH!! HESH!! HESHOO!! HUTCHOO!! Uhh… UHSHOOOOO!! HUSHOO!! Heh, huhh… HRUSHOO!! Ughhhh…”

Germany sniffled again, but seemed to be done. Italy happily plucked another tissue from the box and began to wipe Germany’s pink nose.

“Here, blow,” he said with a sweet smile, holding the tissue for him.

“HRUSHOO!!” Germany sneezed one last time into the tissue before complying.

When Germany had finished, Italy pulled him close against his clean shoulder, stroking his hair affectionately as he kissed the top of his head. Poor Germany was blushing all the way to his scalp, but he returned the embrace anyway. Italy felt his heart warming and expanding rapidly at the fact that Germany had sacrificed some of his considerable pride to make him happy and kissed him again.

“Bless you, Germany,” he said with a contented sigh. “And thank you for doing that for me even though you thought it was embarrassing. You’re really sweet.”

Germany considered telling Italy that he’d do just about anything for him, his pride be damned, that he felt that he owed Italy for making him the happiest man on earth, but he figured that he’d embarrassed himself enough for one day. Instead he said nothing, but hugged Italy even closer, returning the kisses on Italy’s soft, sun-kissed tan skin, hiding a small, lovesick smile in the crook of his beloved’s neck.

• 4 weeks later...

Omghhhhh~

I keep visiting this thread because I love it so muuuuuch~~

Can't wait for more in the fuuuuture~! <3

I would loooooove to see a RomanoxSpain with Romano as the victim, if you ever need some idea fodder <3

You are an amazing writer though, so I would read anything you wrote <3

• 5 months later...

Probably needs a bit of a mess warning, and there's also a bit of sensuality, though I kept it pretty tame.

Title: Captured

Pairing: USxUK

Word count: 1,921

It was dark when England opened his eyes. He let out a soft, low groan as his wakefulness made him aware of a painful, throbbing, swollen lump on the back of his head. Where was he? England squeezed his eyes closed again as he tried to piece together what he could remember before he’d lost consciousness. Details about what had happened and observations about his current surroundings were coming back to him with a trickling slowness due to his pain and disorientation.

Let’s see, he and America had managed to infiltrate a secret base of Germany’s that they’d stumbled upon by lucky accident. America had insisted on leading the way as the two of them snuck through the long, disconcertingly quiet halls, and England had covered him from behind. They’d located what appeared to be a transmission room, and then… pain and nothingness. They must have been captured; it was the only thing that explained his current predicament. How could big, bulky Germany have snuck up on them so effectively?

England winced as another painful throb overcame his head. He needed to find out what happened to America. Gingerly, he tried to sit up straighter but found that he couldn’t. The reason wasn’t difficult to discern; he was tightly bound to something warm and heavy. A body! Could it be…?

“A-America…?” England mumbled nervously into the darkness.

“…Nngh…”

Yes, there was no doubt about it. That was America’s voice. England wriggled his shoulders, attempting to jostle America awake. He tried to do so gently, not knowing whether America’s possible injuries were worse than his.

“America!” he hissed. “Are you alright? America!”

England felt America’s silky blond head loll against his shoulder, and he realized that they were tied face-to-face, America’s arms and legs tied behind England’s back. Their chests were pressed together, and their hips… England swallowed hard, trying to stay calm in spite of the heat rising rapidly in his cheeks. It didn’t help when America sniffled softly against the crook of England’s bare neck, and then again more strongly. England tried to keep his wits about him, but America’s sniffling wasn’t helping.

“America! Pull yourself together!” England demanded, shaking him again.

“…’Ngland…?” came America’s groggy voice in his ear. He sniffled again, and once more, sending a shiver down England’s spine. “Where are we?”

“Dunno, but it looks like we’ve been captured,” England mumbled. “S’pose we should’ve known better than to attempt to infiltrate the place without proper planning… Are you alright?”

America sniffled again wetly in the crook of England’s neck, sending the already intense heat in England’s cheeks up a few more notches. “Head hurts like hell,” he groaned. There was yet another sniffle, even wetter than the last, and England actually let out a soft whimper this time. “And my nose and eyes are itching like crazy. There’s a crap-ton of dust in here, wherever this is…”

England licked his lips nervously. Of all the times for America’s allergies to be acting up, of course it had to be when they’d been captured and were tied up face-to-face. America pushed his glasses up his forehead and out of the way as he rubbed his face frantically against England’s shoulder, trying to alleviate the itching of his eyes and nose. He winced as the frame of his glasses met a lump on his forehead, but ignored the slight pain in favor of trying to deal with the itch, which was much worse. England’s heart was pounding, knowing it was only a matter of time now.

America knew how his allergy attacks affected England, but there wasn’t much he could do with his hands and legs bound. England cursed his luck; if this were happening in any other private place he’d be thrilled, but in this situation he needed his head clear so that they could work out how to escape. It occurred to him that he’d never experienced one of America’s allergy episodes quite like this before and he was excited in spite of himself.

Another wet sniffle and two soft hitches of breath were all the warning England had before the storm began. America’s nostrils flared against England’s neck.

“Eh heh… hehhh… Het—SHOOoo!! HetKSH—HuhreSHOOOoo!! Ut—CHOO!! HetKSHUH—HetKSHUHooo!!”

It was sweet torture; England didn’t miss a single one of America’s shaky, hitching breaths with their chests pressed flush against each other, was intimately involved in every forward pitching movement America made when he let out one of his explosive sneezes, was highly aware to every twitch of America’s nostrils which were pressed against his neck, and could feel the warm spray hitting him in the shoulder. It was almost too sensual to bear, and England was certain that America was aware of how this was affecting him, what with there not being two inches between their hips.

“B-bless you,” England breathed.

America produced a gurgling slurp of a sniffle and let out a miserable groan. “Sorry… I kdow the—Hwehh… Ugh, the tibi’g sucks, but… Huh-hwehhhh~”

England braced himself for the sneeze, but America warded it off with another loud sniffle.

“I know, you can’t help it,” England said, trying not to let it show in his voice how extremely turned on he was. “I just need to think for a moment…”

“HwehKSHOOuuuh!! Eh—ptCHOO!! UtkCHOOoo—EtKCHhtKISHutKISHOOooo!!”

England’s whole body shook with the force of America’s sneezes, and he found himself lurching forward to meet each one subconsciously. America tried to sniffle deeply again, but found that his nose had grown too congested and ended up making himself cough. England was shaking with suppressed desire as he kissed the top of America’s head.

“Bless you again, love,” he murmured. “Not to sound insensitive, but it’s extremely difficult to formulate an escape plan with you getting me all worked up like this.”

America scrubbed his itchy face furiously against England’s uniform before letting out a congested sniffle. “Odly you, you erotic a’bassador,” he grumbled, but England could still hear fondness in his voice despite his exasperation. “I kdew you could get tur’ed od adywhere.”

England gave America a retaliatory cuff over the head with his chin, but could think of no retort. America had a point, after all.

“Well… h-hold them in if you can,” he requested self-consciously. “At least until I figure something out.”

Trying to force himself back on track, England looked around, trying to get a better grasp on their surroundings. His eyes were starting to adjust to the darkness a little, and he could make out the shapes of various cleaning supplies clustered around them. Had Germany stuffed them into a janitor’s closet after capturing them? That seemed like an uncharacteristically odd choice.

England squirmed, checking the strength and tautness of their bonds. The ropes were fairly tight, but not completely without wiggle room. America had lifted his head from England’s shoulder at last and was attempting to examine the closet too with the different angle their position afforded him. The light seeping through the crack under the door illuminated America’s face enough to catch England’s eye, and he couldn’t help studying his handsome lover even though he knew this wasn’t the time.

America’s eyes looked puffy and red behind his glasses, as did his nose, which was running slightly. The light caught on the allergic tears that were shining in America’s eyes, and England’s heart contracted with a strange mix of sympathy and desire. Although he knew he had more important matters to attend to, he simply couldn’t resist America when he looked like that. England leaned in and kissed America’s lips.

“Igs… not that I’b cobplaidi’g… but is this really a good tibe?” America asked between kisses.

“It’s your own bloody fault for looking like this,” England huffed embarrassedly against the other man’s mouth.

America sniffled and screwed up his face as England continued to kiss him. “If you keep bubpi’g by dose with yours like that, I… I’b godda start sdeezi’g agaid.”

If America thought that that would be a deterrent to a sneeze fetishist like England, he had another think coming. He nuzzled his nose deliberately against America’s pink, irritated one. Their chests bumped gently as America’s breath hitched.

“Huhhhhhtcht!” America let out a surprisingly soft, stifled sneeze against England’s lips.

England hummed approvingly and covered America’s mouth with his own as he nudged their noses together again.

“Hnntcht…Iktsht! Uhh…utkchuhhh!” America’s nose quivered beside England’s as his nostrils twitched, prompting England to lick playfully at his boyfriend’s lower lip. “Hhhscht! Et…choohhh…Ksht! Ekcht…EkCHT!”

The soft puffs of air against his lips that followed each sneeze were driving England mad. The friction created between them each time America’s body jolted with suppressed sneezes didn’t hurt either. England wanted more; he wanted to be even closer. He wriggled against his bindings again, knocking over a broom that had been leaning against the wall, bristled side up. Such was his preoccupation with America’s lips that he didn’t notice the cloud of dust the broom head released as it hit the ground. America’s sensitive nose, however, noticed immediately, and his nostrils began to twitch violently. England hardly noticed when America’s head fell back slightly.

“EhhhhhSHT! Het’NXXTCH! TCHXCH!” He actually succeeded in stifling the first three sneezes, but after that they simply became too strong. “ETSSSCHIH!! ETKSSSCHOO!! Huh-huh-HUHWESHOO—HETKSH-HETKSHIH-HETKISHIH-Huh… HURESSSSSSHOO!! HEPSHOO-HEPSHUH-FUEHHHKSHOOO!! HATSCHOO!! …HrrrehKSHOOOEY!!”

England lost it. He knew he should be disgusted, or even a bit bothered by the fact that America was sneezing helplessly, openly between them, and that at least three of them had hit him squarely in the face before America had had the presence of mind to press his nose desperately into the side of England’s neck instead, but he wasn’t. He simply nuzzled his face into America’s shoulder, wiping the spray away on his uniform, and allowed himself to fully enjoy the fetishist’s paradise that was America’s intense, rapid sneezing fit.

It was at least five minutes before America’s nose calmed down enough to allow him to speak, and even then England could feel that it was running freely down his collar. He had no doubt that his uniform was a complete mess, but at the moment was finding it hard to care.

“Bless you,” England breathed.

“Fugk… sorry… your udiforb’s a total bess dow,” America moaned miserably. “I’d kill for a—Ekshuu!—a ha’dkerchief…”

“There might be one in my breast pocket if Germany didn’t—“ he paused when he felt America’s breath hitch again and he let out a soft, tired “Aaashoo!” against his exposed throat, “—take it when he searched us.”

America shifted so that he could get at the button on England’s breast pocket with his teeth. Nosing the flap out of the way, he shoved his face into the opening as best he could, probing for the handkerchief. England kissed the top of the American’s head when he let out a muffled “Aashuu!” into his pocket and emerged at last with the item he’d been searching for. He spread it out on England’s shoulder with his teeth as best he could and blew his nose wetly.

“Ughhh… disgusti’g,” he groused, tossing the handkerchief aside with a congested sniffle. “I’ll buy you a dew ode. But od the bright side, I just realized that Gerbady did’t thidk to check our boots for weapods a’d I’ve still got by ebergedcy pocket kdife id mide.”

“That’s brilliant, America!” England said. “If you can get your boot off, I think I can grab it.”

“Roger that,” America replied, and the two of them set to work.

OH MY GOD. First off, welcome back! What an incredible way to return to the forum! That was AMAZING. I love your detail and descriptions and golly, what a scenario, it left me completely breathless!!! A fetishist's paradise, indeed ;D Keep up the great work!!!

• 3 weeks later...

*in puddle of fangirl goo*

Yep. Yep. Not only is your art fantastic, but your writing is divine. I am so thankful we have sneeze fetishists with your talent roaming the forum.

QwQ <3 <3 <3 DAT allergic!America with fetish!English xDDD. OMGHHHHHHHHH~~~~~~~~~

• 3 weeks later...

Title: Bedtime Story

Pairing: Prussia+child!Germany

Word count: 1,343

It had quickly become a ritual after Prussia had found his new little brother Germany and taken him in as part of his awesome family for Prussia to read to the child before bed. Despite his jokester ways, Prussia had always thought that education was extremely important, and so his first order of business upon declaring little Germany his own was to teach him the vital things that every child should know. These things included basic cooking, basic first aid, basic battlefield strategy, basic pickup lines, basic explosive belching and subsequent blame shifting, and of course, reading.

Germany, being the serious, studious boy he was took to all of these lessons like a chick to an awesome white-blond head (except perhaps the pickup lines and belching, which, for some strange reason, the boy simply wrinkled his little nose at in distaste. They’d have to work more on those). In fact it wasn’t long until Germany was reading to Prussia at bedtime instead. Tonight was one such night. The two of them were dressed in their sleepwear, and Germany was sitting in Prussia’s lap on his bed, a book of fairy tales propped open in his pudgy little hands.

“When it struck twelve, something rustled through the air, and in the moonlight he saw a bird coming whose feathers were all shining with gold,” Germany read aloud, his little brow furrowed in concentration. “The bird alighted on the tree, and had just plucked off an apple, when the youth shot an arrow at him… What does ‘alighted’ mean, Brother?”

“It means ‘landed’,” Prussia explained, smiling in approval as his little brother mouthed the word to himself again as if committing the definition to memory.

“The bird flew off, but the arrow had struck his plum-,” Germany hesitated at the unfamiliar word, his brow furrowing more deeply than ever, “pl-plum-idge? Is that right?”

“Ploomage,” Prussia said, correcting Germany’s pronunciation.

“--plumage, and one of his golden feathers fell down,” Germany continued. “The youth picked it up, and the next morning…”

Prussia looked down at Germany again when his words trailed off, thinking he’d hit another word he wasn’t sure how to pronounce. To his brief puzzlement, however, Germany didn’t attempt to sound the word out, or point to it on the page so that Prussia could help him; instead he brought the book to his face, so close that the pages touched his cheeks. Bewildered, Prussia watched as the moment of silence stretched out, and Germany neither moved nor spoke. It wasn’t until a small noise reached his ears that Prussia understood.

“Hhhktch!… Ntch! …Uhhhh…” Germany released the breath he’d been holding with a soft sigh and a tiny sniffle. “…Hiktch! …Uhhhh…”

“Ha ha, gesundheit!” Prussia laughed. Germany had the cutest little sneezes, not that Prussia would expect any less from a brother of his.

“Th-that wasn’t a sneeze!” Germany insisted, his cheeks tinged with the pink of embarrassment, trying to discreetly rub a finger under his nose. “I just couldn’t see the next word on the page!”

“Oh, I see,” Prussia said with a grin, not fooled for a second. “Alright, keep goin’, then.”

Germany sniffled minutely, and began again in a voice that was slightly louder than his normal one in his embarrassment.

“The youth picked it up, and the next morning took it to the king and told him what he had seen in the night. The king called his council together, and everyone declared that a feather like this was worth more than the—”

Prussia looked down at the top of Germany’s head with a smile as the child broke off again. He could see Germany pinching his little nose. There was a brief silence between them before—

“Hm’pht! …Hncht! …Ngcht! …Uhhhh…”

“Gesundheit again!” Prussia said cheerfully.

“I told you, I did’t sdeeze!” Germany insisted, giving two soft sniffles and swiping a finger under his nose again.

“Whatever you say, West,” Prussia replied with a smile and slight shake of his head.

Germany puffed out his blushing cheeks in irritation and pulled his knees up to his chest, presumably so that he could hide his embarrassment behind them. Rubbing his nose subtly on his knee, he continued to read.

“A feather like this was worth bore thad the whole ki’gdob. If the feather is so precious, declared the ki’g, ode alode will dot do for be, I bust a’d will have the whole b-buh…” Prussia looked down just in time to see Germany bury his face in his knees before his shoulders lurched. “Ntsh! …Hktch! …Phtchh! …Uhhhh…”

“Lemme guess,” Prussia began with a grin, “that wasn’t a sneeze either.”

“Doh it wasd’t!” Germany snapped congestedly, his ears going red as he wiped his nose on his knee again. “Would you please just be quiet?! I’b tryi’g to… to rea—reah… Eh’ksh! … Hit—choo! …Uhh’kishoo! …Atschi!”

Prussia considered blessing him again teasingly, but the back of poor Germany’s neck was already red with humiliation so Prussia decided to spare him and instead dug out his handkerchief and offered it to him.

“Hold this for me, wouldja?” Prussia asked, lifting the child from his lap and setting him aside on the bed so that Germany’s back stayed facing him. “I just realized that the awesome me is super thirsty and needs some water.”

Mercifully Prussia left Germany alone with the handkerchief to blow his nose in privacy. He could hear Germany doing so as he headed toward the kitchen for a glass of water.

He paused outside the bedroom on his way back when he heard Germany sneeze softly four more times into the handkerchief, giving him time to finish blowing his nose again before reentering the room.

“Ahhh, much better,” Prussia sighed after taking a big gulp of water from his glass. “Ya ready to keep goin’?”

“Actually Brother, I think I’ve had enough reading for tonight,” Germany said, closing the book. “I’m getting kind of tired.”

Prussia frowned slightly in concern. It wasn’t like Germany to want to stop reading in the middle of a story; normally the kid was a perfectionist who couldn’t stand leaving something only partially finished. The tip of Germany’s little button nose was pink, and it made Prussia worried that maybe his poor baby brother was coming down with something. He knew it would only embarrass Germany if he asked him if he was feeling alright, though, so he decided not to comment for now.

“Alright then, get under the covers,” he coached.

Germany set the story book aside and folded the handkerchief as neatly as he could, but didn’t relinquish it, instead tucking it under his pillow as he followed Prussia’s instructions. Feeling more concerned than ever, Prussia climbed into bed beside him and blew out the candles.

“Don’t forget your prayers,” Prussia said.

Germany sniffled quietly as he folded his hands in prayer. Prussia tugged the little boy into his arms and folded his own hands behind Germany’s back.

Dear God, please don’t let West get sick, he prayed. And if it’s in your will that he should be sick, at least let it be short and let him suffer as little as possible. Amen.

Normally Prussia’s prayers were longer than this, asking for victory over his stupid, less awesome enemies, or that he would have many chances the next day to show the world how cool he was, but tonight his thoughts were only on his little brother, who was trembling slightly in his arms. Prussia pressed his lips to Germany’s forehead, simultaneously dispensing his goodnight kiss and checking Germany’s temperature. He felt a little warm; there might’ve been a slight fever there, but Prussia couldn’t be sure. His heart contracted with sympathy as he ran his fingers gently through Germany’s fine golden hair and kissed his forehead one more time.

“Night, West,” Prussia breathed.

“Good d-digh… Dnksht! …Uhhhh… Good dight, Brother,” Germany sniffled.

The child drifted off to sleep quickly that night, but Prussia lie awake for hours, hugging Germany close to share his warmth, rubbing his back, and worrying.

SO PRECIOUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! Seriously, that gave me butterflies, that was so downright adorable!!! God, I love all of these, they're so amazing!

OH GOSH! I think i just died again. XD This is so wonderfully cute and sweet! i love how you made little Germany embarrassed and how Prussia's prayer changes! so PRECIOUS! LOVED IT.

Archived