Various Hetalia shorts (M)

Hachimitsu Tea

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Title: Human Teddy Bear

Pairing: pre!AmericaxLithuania

Word count: 1,961

As long as he could remember, Lithuania had found his regular Sunday trips to the market relaxing. There was something soothing about wandering down the well-organized aisles, alone at last (because thankfully no one else at Russia’s place seemed to see the draw of grocery shopping like he did), selecting the food items they would need for the week, keeping a running total of the bill in his head. He knew his friends thought his enjoyment strange, but he didn’t care; to him it was a very welcome break from having someone constantly breathing down his neck about something or other the way he did when he was at home. It was even more fun to do the shopping at America’s house where the country wasn’t overrun by monopolies and he had a wealth of choices even between brands of coffee and toilet paper, unlike back in the Soviet Union.

Lithuania had just finished one such shopping trip, and was bringing the loaded bags into America’s spacious house. The place was rather quiet, but at first Lithuania was unperturbed by this unusual silence. It was Sunday, after all; Mr. America could be sleeping in, or perhaps attending church as he had been known to do when he could get himself out of bed on time. The housekeeper made his way into the kitchen, set the bags on the table, and began to put everything away.

It wasn’t until the unnatural quiet was broken by a stream of hoarse coughing that Lithuania realized that something might be wrong. A slight frown came to his face as he put away the last bottle of milk into the ice box. That cough hadn’t sounded healthy, and there was no doubt that it had come from Mr. America. Could his employer be ill? Concern rose in Lithuania’s chest as he ventured into the living room, where he was fairly certain the coughing had originated from.

Lithuania’s heart contracted when he saw Mr. America curled up into a shivering ball on the couch, immersed in an uneasy sleep. Every so often, he’d stir fitfully and let out a miserable sounding groan, but his shivering must have been caused by chills because he never loosened from that tight fetal position. Lithuania approached America silently and knelt down at his side.

“Ddngh… It hurts…” America moaned.

There was sweat standing out from his brilliantly red face, his glasses askew. He really seemed to be in a lot of pain. His concern growing, Lithuania reached out and shook America awake gently by the shoulder.

“Mr. America, are you alright?” Lithuania asked in a low, urgent voice. “Sir, please wake up.”

America’s eyes squeezed shut even tighter for a moment, then slowly eased open. He blinked dazedly several times before his gaze fixed hazily on Lithuania’s face. After a moment, America seemed to realize that perhaps the reason he was having so much trouble focusing his eyes was because his glasses weren’t on properly and he fixed them.

“…L…Lithuadia…?” he asked slowly.

“Are you alright, sir?” Lithuania asked worriedly. “You don’t look well. Are you hurt somewhere?”

“Hurt…? Ugh… By head…” America moaned, pushing his glasses up as he lowered his face into his hands. He gave a deep, congested sniffle, sparking another series of coughs, and then two explosive, painful sounding sneezes. “Huhhhp-SHUHHH!! …HERRUSHOO!!”

Lithuania fished his handkerchief from his pocket and wiped the sweat from America’s forehead, before folding it to expose a clean surface and offering it to the other man.

“Bless you, sir,” Lithuania said as America accepted the handkerchief and blew his nose with a wet honk. “Are you sick?”

America, whose face was still partially buried in the light green cloth, looked up at Lithuania guiltily. Lithuania was reminded for a moment of a puppy whose master had asked whether he was the one who’d chewed up his new shoes, and felt his heart throb before he could get himself under control.

“May I?” Lithuania asked quietly, extending a hand towards America’s forehead.

America averted his eyes off to the side in embarrassment, but neither forbade him, nor turned away from his touch. Lithuania laid his hand on America’s forehead, checking his temperature. America seemed to find comfort in the warmth of his touch, because in spite of his earlier shyness, his eyes fluttered closed and he turned his face toward Lithuania’s hand. The dark-haired man’s cheeks colored slightly at this display of neediness from his normally strong and cheerful employer. He stroked America’s sweat-damp golden hair away from his face, hoping it would relieve even a tiny bit of his obvious discomfort.

“You’ve got a terrible fever,” Lithuania murmured, continuing to stroke America’s hair timidly. “You really ought to be in bed, Mr. America, if you don’t mind me saying so.”

America bowed his head hurriedly, causing Lithuania to jerk his hand away, thinking that he’d overstepped his boundaries. He had just opened his mouth to apologize when America drew a sharp breath.

“Hihhh-PSHIEW!! *cough cough* HRIFSHII!!” America sneezed, pinching his nose in the handkerchief. “Ugh…’Scuse be.”

“Bless you,” Lithuania said again, relieved that he wasn’t about to be scolded. He brought his hand shyly back to America’s forehead and began to stroke his hair again. “Are you alright?”

“HiiiRIPSHHH!! …ALPSHOO!! …Wow, those odes hurt,” America coughed.

“Come on, Mr. America,” Lithuania said cajolingly. “Let me help you into bed.”

“…Do I have to…?” America asked weakly.

“Would you not be more comfortable there?” Lithuania asked in surprise.

America bit his lip and lapsed into silence. It was a bit difficult to tell, what with his face already being flushed with fever, but Lithuania thought he might be blushing.

“What’s wrong?” he asked in his gentlest, least judgmental voice. Clearly whatever the reason for America not wanting to go to his bed was, it was something that he felt was embarrassing.

“I…” America hesitated, swallowing hard and not looking Lithuania in the eye. “…”

“I’m sorry?” Lithuania said, having missed America’s croaked words.

America licked his dry, chapped lips nervously before trying again.

“…I… dod’t like… bei’g alode…”

“Oh, Mr. America…” Lithuania said sympathetically. He gathered his courage and caressed America’s feverish cheek gently. America lifted his watery blue eyes to Lithuania’s with uncharacteristic shyness. “Don’t worry, I know exactly how you feel. I don’t like sleeping alone when I have a fever either.”

“…Really…?” America asked hopefully.

“Really,” Lithuania confirmed, giving him a kind smile.

After a moment, America returned the smile tiredly, causing Lithuania’s heart to flutter. His employer looked as though he might drift off if Lithuania were to simply give him a blanket and allow him to rest his head in his lap, Lithuania observed blushingly. No doubt sleep would do him good, but he wanted to do something to ease America’s suffering first.

“Can I bring you anything?” Lithuania asked softly.

America contemplated this for a moment. “Sobe bedicide a’d water’d be dice. A’d dude, I’d totally give up Dadtucket for a fire id the fireplace.”

Lithuania couldn’t help smiling at this. “Don’t worry; I won’t make you give up Nantucket.” Especially since it’s part of what makes you so cute, a voice in the back of his head piped up as he stroked the defiant little cowlick. Lithuania could feel himself going red again and bowed his head so that America wouldn’t notice. Meanwhile, the disturbance of Nantucket had America wrinkling his nose against the growing tickle inside it.

“Hahhh-ERRRESHHHH!! Heh-EPSHOHHH!! Ugh… I feel like crap,” America groused.

“Bless you,” Lithuania said politely, getting to his feet. “I’ll go get those things ready, then.”

He had just turned to head into the kitchen, when he remembered that his employer was still shivering miserably and went to fetch a blanket for him first.

“Here you go,” Lithuania said, tucking the blanket in around America. “You should try to keep yourself warm, alright, sir?”

America sniffled again as he nuzzled gratefully into the blanket. “Thadks, you’re awesobe, Lithuadia… Ub, you dod’t hafta call be ‘sir,’ ok? Just Aberica’s fide.”

“Yes, sir…I mean, America,” Lithuania corrected himself with a little laugh. “I’ll be right back.”

America knew it couldn’t have taken Lithuania long to get some water and medicine and build a fire in the hearth but he drowsed as he waited, drifting in and out of consciousness, and it skewed his sense of time. Had minutes passed, or hours? America couldn’t be sure. Eventually though, Lithuania returned, his wonderfully warm hand smoothing America’s bangs aside gently.

“Are you awake?” he asked softly.

America gave a sleepy grunt.

“Here, sit up a little so you can drink this water,” Lithuania instructed.

America reluctantly did as he was told. As soon as he was upright, he felt his stuffy nose begin to run down his lip. Grimacing in disgust, America began feeling around for the handkerchief Lithuania had given him earlier. The sudden release of drainage was making his nose start to tickle. Where was that stupid handkerchief?

Lithuania came to his rescue, wiping his face with a clean cloth. America twitched his nose against the growing irritation, wondering if it would be rude to succumb to the itch while Lithuania was holding the handkerchief to his nose.

Lithuania must’ve noticed the dazed expression on his face and realized what it signified, because he asked, “Need to sneeze again?”

America nodded, his breath hitching. Lithuania covered America’s nose and mouth with the cloth. “Go ahead, let it out. I have you covered.”

“Ahhhh-PHUTSHOOO!! Aaa-PUTCHOOOuhhh…!!”

He began to blow his nose, but had to pause to let out one more sneeze. “Fuehhh-PUKSHUHHH!!”

“Bless you,” Lithuania said, rubbing America’s back comfortingly.

“Ugh, s-sorry ‘bout that,” America mumbled, his cheeks reddening brilliantly.

“It’s ok,” Lithuania assured him. “Don’t worry about it. Here, hopefully this medicine will help.”

America accepted the medicine Lithuania was offering him and washed it down with a big gulp of water, cringing as the liquid sloshed down his sore throat.

“If you stand, I can push the couch closer to the fire for you,” Lithuania offered.

America sniffled and forced himself unsteadily to his feet, his blanket wrapped around his shoulders like a cloak. Lithuania pushed the couch nearer to the warmth. As soon as it was in place, America flopped heavily back down on it, causing the springs to creak in protest. The warmth of the fire washed over him like a hot bath, causing America to breathe a sigh of relief. Lithuania crouched at his side again, his fingers brushing America’s feverish cheek with a pleasant tickling sensation. The American’s eyes fluttered closed.

“Is there anything else I can get you, America?”

America considered this sleepily. Without saying anything, he disentangled his arms from his blanket and wrapped them around Lithuania’s shoulders and torso. The dark-haired man jolted in surprise.

“A-America?”

“Staywi’be?” America requested shyly, his voice muffled by the blanket. He hugged his housekeeper gently. “…Please?”

Lithuania’s hand came up and began to run affectionately through America’s sleek, golden hair. “Y-yes, alright. If it’ll help you sleep…”

America peered up at him from behind his blanket, giving him a soft, drowsy smile of appreciation. He could feel himself blushing, but he couldn’t bring himself to care. Wiggling over to give Lithuania some room to join him on the couch, America hugged him close. Lithuania’s arms curled around him and he silently invited America to lay his head on his chest. America sighed and his eyes slipped closed as Lithuania’s nervously rapid heartbeat filled his ears.

“Thadks, Lithuadia,” America murmured. “You’re the best.”

He felt Lithuania swallow thickly as his hand rubbed America’s lower back.

“N-no problem,” he squeaked. “Um… S…sweet dreams.”

America hardly heard him; Lithuania’s warmth and affectionate embrace was already lulling him to sleep.

O___O THIS WAS BEAUTIFUL! I love America's shyness and Lithuania is just perfect, it's just too cute! <3

Maybe this is a tad late, but; Romano. Just, Romano and Spain together always make me happy :)

If it's not too terribly much trouble, and you're not too busy, and you're still taking requests, if you ever were- could you maybe write England/teasing!France? And you'd be my favourite!

... Just kidding, you're already my favourite because how do you even write so well? It escapes my comprehension

Maybe this is a tad late, but; Romano. Just, Romano and Spain together always make me happy smile.png

If it's not too terribly much trouble, and you're not too busy, and you're still taking requests, if you ever were- could you maybe write England/teasing!France? And you'd be my favourite!

... Just kidding, you're already my favourite because how do you even write so well? It escapes my comprehension

Sure, I could take a request! Ah, but there are four characters that I don't really enjoy working with, and one of them is France (the other three are China, Russia, and Japan). I'm really sorry! If you had a request involving any other male characters, I'd be happy to oblige ;w;

WARNING: Extremely long reply ahead.

First of all~~~

I realized that the lovely BlackScatter had requested some Spamano ages ago and I totally ignored it! Very sorry about that! It wasn’t intentional; I’m just a little scatter(lol)brained sometimes ^^; Maybe it can double as a birthday present (happy b-day, btw!)?

FJDSKLFJSDKLFJSFFOPEIROPEWTIPROQWRPQ(#%I(#W%(_QJFJKLS... *faints*

Teeeeeeeaaaaaa~~ QwQ *tears of gratitude*.. This is so sweet! Thank you so much for not only taking the time to fulfill the request, but also for my birthday no less! That's amazing, and you are such a delightful writer and kind person, I cannot think of a better present! >w<~

(Also, that pun is the best thing ever xDDD)

He was clearly the victim here, what with there being so many rage-inducing people surrounding him. How much easier would his life be if people just minded their own damn business?

I love that you use Romano's voice when you write sometimes! It's amazing xD. Like, later you refer to Germany specifically and only as "the potato bastard," which had me LOL-ing. You write him so well x'DD. I laughed so much during this fic, and the other half of the time I was fangirl squealing and rolling around from the fluff~ So glad my family is out of the house right now LOL

“N-no! Anyway, that… that wasn’t me just now!” Romano stammered, his face reddening steadily. “It was a squirrel, dammit!”

THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST LINES OF DIALOGUE <3 xDDDD. I LOL'ed so hard xD. It's just like something he would say--just the right amount of swearing, rage, and ridiculousness~.. Also, the plot device you're using here is genius~

The needy sensation grew as Romano snuffled wetly against his finger. “Ehhhhhh…. Hihhhh… Uhh, uhh, uhhhhh…”

It was so intense now that his whole body was tingling. Allergic tears streamed down his cheeks, but he paid them no mind. The tickle in his nose had grown so strong that he was panting; this was going to be a euphoric release. When he could take it no longer, Romano lowered his finger at last.

“HAKSHOOOOUhhhh…!!! …Heh’pish! …Nxxshew!”

GAH~! The fetishyness >w<~~! The build-up is perfect <3~~ Oh Romano~ <3.. Be still my heart *^*~!

“Like hell,” Romano mumbled, puffing out his blushing cheeks in an effort to hold back tears of humiliation. “You’ll fuckin’ laugh. You have any idea how humiliating that is, dammit?”

QwQ.... This is so adorable and heartbreaking </3... I squeed so hard xDD. Poor thing~

Later on, too, when you talk about Romano's lack of choice in most things during his history--I thought that was a really nice detail~

“Did you hear what I said?! Only if I can do it to you first!” Romano repeated insistently. “And you better not tell a single damn person about this, you shit!”

The amount of swearing in this line is just fantastic x'DDD. You know how to make every swearword count and be hilarious~ Just like Romano talks~

The fact that normally shameless Spain was blushing set Romano off as well, only more brilliantly. “Wh-what the hell. You just got done giving me that shitty lecture about how this wasn’t embarrassing! Quit turning red, dammit!”

“I can’t help it!” Spain insisted. “I wanna look cool in front of my little tomato, but my sneezy face is so ridiculous…”

(This is getting long, so I'm going to try and wrap it up xDD)

But this little exchange is equal parts adorable and fetishy-awesome <3. I love how Spain gets a little embarrassed too! <3 SO CUTE~

And the sneezes before and after are expertly written and oh-so delicious >w>

Thanks again for everything, Tea~! YOU'RE AMAZING~! <3

I hope your day today is as lovely as you are~! ;D

UK/US, perhaps? I can sort of relate to not having characters "work for you," I have a few myself :/ But it's enough that you're even considering it! Thank you so much :)

UK/US, perhaps? I can sort of relate to not having characters "work for you," I have a few myself :/ But it's enough that you're even considering it! Thank you so much smile.png

Now that I can do! Did you have a scenerio or cause you wanted to see? How about a preference for who's sneezing?

This is so late, because my phone is a stupid poop who can't send out notifications. But oh my goodness, that one with Romano and Spain made me DIE, i tell you DIE!!!!! :DFreaking amazing. I love it- the concept is so freaking unique and GAH! <3

AND OMG MORE LIETAMERICA AHHHHH *screams and melts into puddle* Oh, oh, its so beautiful XD

Finished! I hope this is ok!

Title: Wake Up Call

Pairing: UKxUS

Word count: 1,190

First off, let there be no mistake in anyone’s minds: America loved cuddling with England. Time or place made little difference to him; few things gave America more pleasure than pulling his boyfriend close, slipping his arms around him, nuzzling his nose into his choppy blond hair, and feeling his warmth against his own body. Today was no exception… but even America had his limits.

England had come home from an overseas business trip to Australia terribly jetlagged. In spite of his insistence that he was going to stay awake (at least until eight, which he deemed at least a semi-reasonable hour to go to bed), England had climbed up onto America’s stomach, nuzzled his cheek against America’s chest, and drifted off to sleep.

At first America had been pleased. By the hour-and-a-half mark, though, America was starting to get desperate: desperately hungry, desperately thirsty, desperate to change positions and work out the worsening kink in his neck, and he wouldn’t say no to the opportunity to use the restroom, either.

But if there was one thing America knew, it was that England got grumpy when he was awoken. It didn’t matter whether the reason for waking him was legitimate; for about the first half hour after he had been rustled out of sleep, the Brit would be in a terrible mood towards whoever had roused him. That was the last thing America wanted when he’d just welcomed him back after their week apart. The younger man figured, however, that he might be safe from England’s wrath if he made it seem like something that wasn’t his fault had woken him. England would probably still be in a not-so-good mood, but at least his irritation wouldn’t be aimed specifically at America.

The American examined his immediate surroundings, hoping to see something that would spark an idea. There was the TV remote, a blanket, America’s discarded socks, a slightly dusty lamp sitting on the end table beside the couch, England’s cell phone… Perhaps America could call England’s phone with his own? But no, England would see on the caller ID that America had been the one to call him.

America chewed thoughtfully at his lip and then reached for his dirty socks. Maybe he could hold one under England’s nose and the stink would wake him up. It seemed like a decent idea for about two seconds until America realized that they didn’t smell that bad, and anyway, how would he pass off the sudden appearance of foot odor under England’s nose as anyone’s doing but his own? Was he really going to be stuck here until England awoke on his own several hours later? America could feel the cold dread rising up in his chest…

That was when England rubbed his nose in his sleep, and America had a sudden brainstorm: what if he made England sneeze? His eyes darted to the dust that had collected on the lamp beside him. A little of that would likely do the trick. Licking his lips in anticipation, America reached up and swiped his finger over the lamp’s surface, gathering some of the dust. He hesitated nervously before bringing his dusty finger right under England’s nose.

At first nothing happened; England snoozed on like he had been for the past hour and a half. Then his nose crinkled and twitched, and America couldn’t help smiling at how bunny-like the action was. It was funny to him that a man as old and stodgy as England could be so adorable. But no sneeze followed. Maybe he needed more dust. America reached up behind his head and collected more dust on his finger, bringing it under England’s nose again.

The Brit’s nose twitched again side-to-side, and when that failed to alleviate the itch, he rubbed it against America’s chest with a wet sniffle.

“Uhh…hehhh…” England’s breath hitched. He rubbed his nose against America’s chest again, more insistently this time, giving a deeper, wetter sniffle. “Ehhh, hahhhh….”

America’s heart was pounding. The sneeze was on its way; he could tell… But then England’s breath stopped hitching. The tickle must’ve died, because the older man gave a sigh of relief and slept on undisturbed. Feeling slightly frustrated, America scooped up another finger-full of dust and held it to his boyfriend’s nose.

“Unnnghehhhhhhhh…” England inhaled, his face scrunching up in irritation. He gave a deep sniffle, obviously in an attempt to clear away the itch, but instead he just sucked some of the dust off of America’s finger and up his nose. His nose crinkled even more, prominent eyebrows furrowed in irritation. “Ehehhhhhh…hihhhh…”

He just needed a little more help, America thought. But before he could scoop up any more dust, England hid his face in America’s chest again, scrubbing his nose furiously in America’s tee-shirt. Their chests bumped as England’s heaved with powerful, needy hitching.

“Haaaaaah… Heh-ASCHOO!!” England sneezed explosively at last. “Heh-YESHHHuh!!”

America was amazed; he couldn’t remember ever having heard England let loose so completely. The Brit’s head lifted from America’s chest as he inhaled desperately again, tears gathering at the corners of his eyes. America had only a second to take this sight in before England was pitching forward into his chest again.

“Hehhhhh-AKSHUH!!” Warm, allergic spray hit America’s shirt. “Huh-yehKUHOOO!! Huh-YESHOOuhhhh!!... Huh-RASHHH!!”

England must’ve finished, because he gave several wet sniffles, rubbed his nose in America’s shirt one more time and looked up at him with a dazed look of relief on his flushed face. The slow blinking of his watery green eyes and lack of the usual “pardon me,” that always followed his normally much more subdued sneezes made America think that perhaps England still wasn’t completely awake, but he couldn’t help the sheepish and slightly guilty smile that spread across his face.

“Holy crap! Bless you, Mr. Sneezy-Pants!” he said, patting England’s back. “You, uh… alright there?”

“Mm, pardon me…” England replied at last, sitting up and reaching for a tissue from the box at the other end of the couch.

America, glad to be able to move again at last, sat up as well, putting an arm around England’s shoulders as the other man blew his nose and kissing the side of his head in a secret apology.

“Well, those certainly came out of nowhere, didn’t they?” England said, just now finding the presence of mind to be embarrassed by his unrestrained sneezes and blushing adorably. America couldn’t resist nuzzling another kiss into his hair. “S-sorry about your shirt. I’ll wash that for you later.”

“No prob,” America assured him with a pat on the back. “Actually, it’s a good thing you woke up ‘cause I’m freakin’ starving. Plus I’ve got a serious case of pinecone-tongue.”

England rolled his eyes with a sort of affectionate exasperation as he climbed off of America’s lap. “As long as you don’t go quenching it with burgers and cola…”

“You know I will, babe,” America said cheekily. He was so relieved that England hadn’t realized that it had been America who had woken him with those sneezes that he allowed the retaliatory pillow that England threw at him to hit him in the chest.

Whatever you'd like in terms of cause of sneezing is fine, but buildup!England would be lovely biggrin.png

The fill two comments up is for you. My notebook computer was being all screwy and not letting me quote your post for some reason ^^;

The slow blinking of his watery green eyes and lack of the usual “pardon me,” that always followed his normally much more subdued sneezes made America think that perhaps England still wasn’t completely awake, but he couldn’t help the sheepish and slightly guilty smile that spread across his face.

“Holy crap! Bless you, Mr. Sneezy-Pants!” he said, patting England’s back. “You, uh… alright there?”

“Mm, pardon me…” England replied at last, sitting up and reaching for a tissue from the box at the other end of the couch.

*weeps openly* OMGH THAT IS PRECIOUS <3 SO PRECIOUS~

And that BUILD UP! Geez.. really, really hot <3 <3 Tea, you know what you're doing~ Not only a great artist, but a fantastic writer too <3

Title: Unexpected

Pairing: PrussiaxAustria

Word count: 2,188

Austria had never particularly had anything against school, but today had been absolutely miserable. In hindsight, he probably should have stayed home considering the shape he was in, but he’d had an important exam today that he’d worked hard to prepare for and hadn’t been able to bring himself to miss. Now that his classes had ended for the day, however, he had a new problem, namely the fact that he’d missed his bus home and there wouldn’t be another one for an hour. It was one of the downsides of living outside the city proper: there weren’t that many buses going out that way.

Austria sniffled, resting his aching, congested head against the cool stone wall of the school’s main entranceway, wondering what he should do until the next bus came. He wanted to spend his waiting time somewhere quiet where his throbbing head wouldn’t be bothered by the clamor of other students, preferably somewhere where he might be able to catch a little nap. His feverish mind mulled over his possibilities sluggishly.

The music club room would likely be abandoned, he thought dazedly. Thank heavens there’s no meeting today.

Austria sniffled again quietly and took a step toward the clubroom when the sudden, burning need to sneeze overcame him for what felt like the thousandth time that day and he scrambled for his handkerchief. He could feel his face contorting into a pre-sneeze expression, although he did his best to fight it off, his breath hitching desperately as he finally located his handkerchief and clamped it over his pink, slightly chapped nose.

“Hddtch! Hehkdch!” He stifled his sneezes quietly, even though he was fairly certain no one was paying him any mind in their scramble to either get home or to their club activities. “Ektcht! …Excuse be…”

Thankfully no one appeared to notice his undignified sniffling and Austria gave a furtive glance around him before turning his face to the wall and blowing his nose softly. The act of stifling left him feeling lightheaded and even more congested than before, and he paused, closing his eyes and leaning against the wall again to allow the room to stop spinning.

In his misery, his mind wandered to his ex-girlfriend, Hungary. Though their romantic feelings for each other had faded, he would have given almost everything to have her open her arms to him and allow him to rest his pounding head on her chest while she stroked his hair and murmured soothing words to him in that soft, melodic voice of hers. They had parted on good terms and still spent time together as friends; perhaps if he asked her… But no, she had swimming club today.

Having regained his stability enough that he was fairly confident that he could walk without stumbling, Austria began his journey to the music club room at a slow trudge. It briefly occurred to him that it was undignified for him to slouch like this as he walked, but he couldn’t find the strength to straighten his back and lift his heavy head.

The beginning of another set of sneezes was tickling at the back of his sinuses, and he held his breath, hoping to ward off the irritation before the need to stifle arose again. Austria’s glazed violet eyes swept the nearly empty corridor as his nostrils twitched and his eyes began to narrow against his will. Satisfied that no one was watching, he pressed his handkerchief to his nose.

“Hehhh… Eh heh, hehhh…” Go away, go away…

Austria rubbed his nose gently through the handkerchief as his hand fell at last on the doorknob of the music club room door and curled around it. It was no good; these sneezes were coming out whether he liked it or not.

“Hahh…Hksht! Hpsht! …Ugh, excuse be…” he said out of habit, though there was no one in his immediate vicinity.

Austria had just been about to push his way into what he expected to be the abandoned clubroom to blow his nose in privacy when the door, whose knob his fingers were still clenching, suddenly swung open. Before his fever-slowed mind had time to process that he should probably let go, Austria was tumbling forward, jerked along by the door. Thankfully, before he could be sent sprawling to the floor in a heap, he found himself colliding instead with a warm, solid chest.

The impact dislodged his glasses, and they fell to the floor with a clatter. Without thinking, Austria curled his arms around the as of yet unidentified person before him in an attempt to steady himself. He didn’t have the presence of mind to be surprised when that person returned his embrace until he heard the voice of the one to whom that wonderfully steady, cuddly chest belonged.

“Whoa, someone’s on the attack today!” observed a male voice full of mischief and laughter. “Easy there, Young Master. There’s plenty of the awesome me to go around!”

Austria’s heart skipped a beat and he lifted his poor, aching head slowly, willing his swimming, slightly blurred vision to focus on the face before him. “P-Prussia…”

“The one and only,” Prussia confirmed with a roguish grin.

Austria wasn’t sure whether to bless his luck or curse it. Though their previous interactions before this year had been indisputably negative, Austria had become aware that something between them was slowly changing. Recently the spite and derision in their clashes had faded, and though they were still heated, the heat was decidedly of a much different sort. The venom in Prussia’s teasing had mellowed considerably into something much gentler and almost playful, and when Prussia touched him these days it wasn’t simply to punch him or yank on that stubborn curl that Austria had yet to be able to tame, but to clap him on the shoulder or even ruffle his hair. Austria wasn’t sure how to define their relationship currently and that did make him uneasy, but he couldn’t help feeling that perhaps there would be worse people for him to run into when he wasn’t feeling well.

The grin had faded from Prussia’s face, and something that looked oddly like concern replaced it. A voice piped up in the back of Austria’s head that his arms were still wrapped around Prussia’s torso, but the warmth and support he found there kept him right where he was.

“Hey… you feelin’ ok, Young Master?” Prussia asked with a small frown. “You don’t look so good.”

“I’b sorry, I… I seeb to have cobe dowd with a slight chill,” Austria found himself confessing softly.

As soon as the words had left his mouth, he regretted his honesty and wished that he could retract it as a rush of embarrassed heat surged into his cheeks. Secretly he wanted to be cared for, but he wasn’t sure it was wise to admit such vulnerability to Prussia of all people. It was too late to take his admission back now though; Prussia had obviously heard him. The taller boy’s frown deepened as he crouched down slowly to pick up Austria’s glasses off the floor and slipped them back onto the shorter boy’s face. He backed them into the clubroom, tugging Austria along with him and shutting the door to give them privacy. Austria shivered helplessly, wondering what was going to happen to him.

“Yeah, I can feel you shakin’,” Prussia remarked, his normally loud voice uncharacteristically gentle as he pushed Austria’s bangs back, away from his forehead. To Austria’s astonishment, Prussia laid his cheek against his forehead, checking his temperature. “Damn, you’re on fire! No wonder you feel like crap!”

Austria sniffled miserably against the beginnings of another tickle in his nose, and to his even greater surprise, Prussia continued to hold him close and even started to rub his lower back in small, soothing circles. He hadn’t expected this sort of kindness and care from his (ex?) enemy, but he was deeply grateful. Austria twitched his itchy nose as he rested his cheek timidly against Prussia’s chest once more. The sneezes developed much more quickly than he’d anticipated, and before he could even think about bringing his handkerchief in place again, Austria was burying his face in Prussia’s shoulder.

“Eh hehhhphcht! Ehkuptcht! …Mb, excuse be… Hephcht! Ekfftchuhhh…”

“Shit, Young Master… you alright?” Prussia asked, still rubbing Austria’s back. “You shouldn’t hold ‘em in like that or you’ll tear up your sinuses.”

“P-please excuse be, I apologize,” Austria croaked, blushing even more deeply as it dawned on him that he had just muffled his sneezes into Prussia’s school uniform. “That was cobpletely udsaditary… I’ll have your udiforb clead for you.”

“Aw, don’t worry about that,” Prussia said dismissively. “Here…”

He guided Austria over to the counter where a box of tissues sat and plucked a few for him. Austria reached out shyly to accept them, but to his shock, Prussia held the tissues to his nose for him.

“Blow,” he ordered.

“Wh-what?” Austria sputtered, horrified. “Dod’t be a fool! I could dever allow you to--!”

“Look, I don’t care, alright?” Prussia insisted. “West used to be a pretty sickly kid, so I’m totally used to this kinda thing. Come on, quit being a stubborn jackass and blow.”

Realizing that Prussia wasn’t about to back down, Austria, feeling rather embarrassed, began to blow his nose quietly.

“Aw, c’mon,” Prussia sighed. “You’ll never get all that gunk out of there with a little pansy blow like that! Put some effort into it!”

Prussia gave him a clap on the back that caused Austria to produce a rather undignified wet gurgle into the tissues. Austria could feel his blush spreading to the tips of his ears and the back of his neck as the movement of the mucus from his nasal passages created a fierce burning itch that was released before he could even consider holding it back.

“Ektshoo! Hehishoo!” To his dismay, the tickle only grew worse. “Hihkitch! Hatschoo! …Hehehmpshoo! …Ehtkish! Hatschi!

“There you go, Young Master, let ‘em all out,” Prussia muttered, rubbing his back.

“Ehhhpitchoo! …Hehfitchhh…Ihkchih! Hipkish! …Ughhh…”

“Damn, your nose musta been tickling like crazy! You were holding those in all day, weren’t you?”

Austria was so embarrassed that he couldn’t even bring himself to look Prussia in the eye, let alone confirm his suspicions. He blew his nose again at Prussia’s insistence and then cleared his throat.

“E-excuse be, I… I apologize for that filthy display,” Austria mumbled.

Prussia rolled his eyes as he tossed the used tissues into the garbage can. “I already said it doesn’t bother me. Anyway, are you feeling any better now that you managed to get all that crap out of your sinuses?”

“Adbitedly by head does feel a bit clearer dow,” Austria agreed. “But it was rather tiri’g…”

“I bet,” Prussia said as he guided Austria over to the couch and coaxed him down onto beside him. “You probably sneezed like a million times just now.”

Austria covered his mouth as a yawn slipped out, prompting Prussia to tug him closer. The dark-haired boy let his head rest shyly on Prussia’s shoulder, surprised by how good it felt to have his former enemy’s arms around him and his fingers stroking his hair gently. Austria’s eyes fluttered closed tentatively.

“Hey, how come you didn’t go right home after school today?” Prussia asked in that uncharacteristically soft voice again. “You really oughta be in bed with a cold like this.”

“I missed my bus,” Austria murmured drowsily. “The next one won’t arrive for another quarter of an hour or so.”

“You shoulda said so,” Prussia scolded mildly. “I’d’ve taken you home in my car right away.”

Austria looked up at him in surprise, aware of how red his cheeks probably were and hoping that Prussia would assume it was his fever causing it. “Prussia… do you mean that?”

“Duh,” Prussia grunted, his own cheeks looking rather red. “The awesome me doesn’t say shit he doesn’t mean.”

Austria bowed his head again, a tiny hint of a smile tugging at the corners of his lips. “Th-thank you…”

“Yeah, yeah,” Prussia said, waving away Austria’s gratitude embarrassedly. “Let’s just get going.”

“Id a bobedt,” Austria sighed, cuddling into Prussia’s side. “I just deed… to rest by eyes… briefly…”

Prussia was still and silent for a moment before removing the blazer of his school uniform, wrapping it around Austria’s shoulders to keep him warmer, and settling himself more comfortably into the couch. Austria yawned again as Prussia removed his glasses for him and hung them from his breast pocket for safe keeping. Warm lips pressed tenderly, lingeringly against the crown of Austria’s feverish head, setting his heart aflutter.

“’Rest your eyes,’ my ass,” Prussia breathed, his voice skeptical but quietly affectionate.

“Just a short rest,” Austria slurred sleepily. “You…have by…”

His last word never made it out of his mouth; he drifted off before he could finish his sentence. Prussia smiled silently down at him, nuzzled another kiss into his hair, and let him sleep.

I adored the PruAus! So in character and the whole 'Gakuen' thing just made it so amazing. :D love how they're in the music room and how Austria is very shy with Prussia, it's cute. I really liked this. :3 and it was my birthday yesterday so this was like a great present. :3

Ah crapsticks... :P

Austria. With a cold. Battling to reach his handkerchief in time through fits of tickling and still trying to appear dignified.

Honestly, I can barely imagine anything hotter.

Title: Winter Chores

Pairing: SwedenxFinland

Word count: 492

Finland breathed a sigh of relief as he returned to the warmth of his and Sweden’s house after having shoveled the snow from their driveway, slamming the door with satisfaction against the harsh winter chill. There was nothing like the feeling of finishing a hard task and simply being allowed to rest afterwards. Nothing, that is, except perhaps…

“FwehhhhPUHSHOO!! FwehPSHIIUHhhh!!”

…the feeling of releasing the sneezes that always seemed to follow Finland when he moved from a very cold place to a very warm one.

“FweKUSHHHHhhh!!” Finland sneezed wetly.

His nose, already drippy from the chill, dribbled down the front of his coat, and he hurried to wipe the mess away before anyone saw. Finland was just in the process of cleaning up his face with a tissue when he found his head falling back and his nostrils flaring once more. His breath hitched, his mouth falling open unabashedly in his solitude, and he pitched forward into his tissue with another wet “FwehUSHHHHoooo!!”

Warm arms wrapped around him as Finland was giving his nose a satisfied honk, pulling him close against a broad chest. Soft lips trailed kisses up the side of his neck unhurriedly.

“Bless ya,” came his beloved Sweden’s deep, quiet voice in his ear. “Catchin’ cold?”

Finland lowered his tissue, his cheeks pinking as he gave Sweden an embarrassed smile. “Eh heh, excuse me. I thought you were in your workshop! No, this just happens when I come in from the chill. Nothing to worry about.”

Sweden checked his temperature anyway with a hand to the forehead, but finding no fever, he kissed the corner of Finland’s mouth.

“Built a fire. Come sit with me ‘n’ warm up.”

“Mm, sounds nice,” Finland agreed with a smile, lacing Sweden’s fingers with his frozen ones.

Sweden began to lead Finland to the hearth when a soft “ah…” made him pause and look back. Finland’s eyes were blinking shut again, his brows furrowing as his nose quivered and lips parted. His breath was just starting to hitch when he suddenly found Sweden’s finger pressed under his nostrils. Finland sniffled, a dazed look of fading desperation coming over his face. He snuffled once more and twitched his nose before giving Sweden a slightly awkward smile.

“Ohyaa, excuse me again!”

Sweden lowered his finger slowly and was just about to suggest further methods of warming up, but he was cut off before he could do so.

“FwehhhhYEPSHHhhh!” Finland sneezed explosively, shaking his head as he did like a dog trying to dry itself off.

A brief silence followed this outburst, and then Finland looked up at Sweden with such a sheepish expression that Sweden couldn’t quite bite back his tiny ensuing snort of amusement.

“Wh—Sve! D-don’t laugh!” Finland whined half-heartedly, though he too was smiling through his blushing.

Sweden cupped Finland’s flushed cheek and kissed his lips. “Sorry,” he mumbled, a miniscule hint of a smile still playing about his mouth. “Too cute.”

Every time I come here it's like stepping into a world of dreams <3

GUHHHHH~~~~! I usually dislike Austria, but you made him so adorable! And PRUSSIA!! WAH~! *heart-throb* x333 He's just amazing >w<~~

And then you go and write that adorable little short about Finland and Sweden~! I swear, you are the best at drabbles~

I can't express my love for this adequately~

Archived