Sneeze Fetish Forum

Drabble Challenge - Oliver/Avery

AdrianMarx

I've seen a couple of people doing this and I figured it was the best way to get into writing. I have a basic plot figured out in my head and I'll try to make them mainly chronological but, if I write one set earlier than the ones I've posted, I'll let you know! So, here are the topics.

1 - Kink | 2 - Science Fiction | 3 - Frightened | 4 - Fake | 5 - Pencil | 6 - Squint | 7 - Misplaced | 8 – Joy | 9 - Touched | 10 – Cough | 11 – Hot/Cold | 12 – Sin | 13 – Care | 14 – Frail | 15 – The End | 16 – Three | 17 – Never | 18 – Midnight | 19 – Promise | 20 – Fight | 21 – Pollen | 22 – Embarrassment | 23 – Alcohol | 24 – Mask | 25 – Mistake | 26 – Suspicion | 27 – Disagreement | 28 – Assignment | 29 – Purple | 30 – June | 31 – Calculating | 32 – Fall | 33 – Cry | 34 – Relief | 35 – Breath | 36 – Miserable | 37 – Chocolate | 38 – Violent | 39 – Muffle | 40 – Swift | 41 – Run | 42 – Poison | 43 – Contagion | 44 – Tissue | 45 – Sore | 46 – Enraptured | 47 – Wary | 48 – Pathetic | 49 – Sweat | 50 – Gentle | 51 – Milk | 52 – Ravenous | 53 – Blanket | 54 – Needles | 55 - Sports | 56 - Ruin | 57 - Lovely | 58 - Hospital | 59 - Annoying | 60 - Mother | 61 - Bike | 62 - Idiot | 63 - Puppy | 64 - Control | 65 - Unfair | 66 - Similarities | 67 - Raincoat | 68 - Worship | 69 - Attitude | 70 - Fuck | 71 - Confession | 72 - Floor | 73 - Remedy | 74 - Don’t | 75 - Ego | 76 - Heartless | 77 - Lullaby | 78 - Secret | 79 - Shut Up | 80 - Music | 81 - Grunge | 82 - Solitude | 83 - Magic | 84 - Dirty | 85 - City | 86 - Teacher | 87 - Sky | 88 - Hypocrite | 89 - Tattoo | 90 - Money | 91 - Childhood | 92 - Goodbye | 93 - Victory | 94 - Weather | 95 - Photo | 96 - Rage | 97 - Internet | 98 - Fashion | 99 - Favour | 100 - Lazy | 101 - Airplane

-

38 - Violent

Avery Henderson was one of those boys who just couldn’t catch a break. If it wasn’t one thing, it was another. His constant sniffles were more often than not down to yet another cold though, on occasion, Oliver caught him muffling sneezing fits in Biology class where the flowers just wreaked havoc with his sinuses.

Despite everything, Oliver had never actually heard Avery sneeze. They were always stifled, often with a painful, “Hh-mp!” though sometimes utterly silent. And Oliver had always wondered about him, observed him from a distance whenever he happened to walk by. He always seemed to be alone. For Oliver, that only made him all the more intriguing.

When Avery wasn’t in Biology class, Oliver thought little of it. Probably ill again, his brain muttered and that was an end of it. It was when he arrived late that Oliver found himself sitting to attention. Avery was a model student; the word late had been missing from his vocabulary until he mumbled it along with an apology to Mrs Mathieson on his way to his seat. When he took his seat on Oliver’s right, his cheeks were burning though Oliver found it hard to tell if it could be put down to embarrassment or fever.

Oliver had grown used to his dishevelled appearance but he seemed particularly under the weather today. It took much longer for the pollen to begin bothering him and his stifles were more pitiful and exhausted than usual. Perhaps he kept them up out of habit or maybe, the more likely motivation knowing Avery, he was uncomfortable with drawing attention to himself. Oliver wouldn’t put it past him to keel over and die quietly just to avoid disturbing the lesson.

The bell for the end of the day came at long last but before he had a chance to engage him in what would have been their first ever conversation, Avery rushed from the room while Oliver tried to pretend it hadn’t knocked the confidence he’d been building up to speak to him. He couldn’t even pinpoint why he was so interested in Avery or why he found such a shy boy so intimidating but those were the facts as they stood. With a despairing sigh, Oliver made his way to his locker and deposited his things - including the night’s homework which he planned to do during RE tomorrow - intent on getting straight home to get ready for Sam Wilson’s party.

And that’s when he saw a tall, rather stocky boy ram Avery’s back against the single-direction swing doors at the corridor’s halfway point. The girl by his side was taller and did all the talking. With the deserted school in silence, Oliver could make out their quiet threats and quips.

“What happened to you at lunch today, Snivelly?” She asked as the boy pushed Avery’s shoulders with a sneer. Oliver couldn’t miss the look of fear in Avery’s eyes, nor the minute wrinkle in his nose as the tickle clearly returned. Oliver bit his lip.

Only rarely had Oliver heard Avery speak when he was called upon in class to answer a question and he’d never before heard him sounding so congested.

“Library,” he choked out hoarsely. She gave a hollow laugh.

“Looks like we got ourselves a right little nerd here, huh, Carlton?” She nudged her partner’s shoulder gleefully. “A nerd who owes me money,”

Avery’s shoulders shuddered with a suppressed cough. Even from this distance, Oliver could hear it echoing inside his chest. This didn’t seem to matter to the girl who simply smacked her gum right by his ear, tapping her foot impatiently.

“Don’t...have any,” Avery managed quietly. This only earned him a harsh shake.

Oliver couldn’t watch anymore. But he didn’t have any kind of vague strength whatsoever. He could never fight those two off. With a sudden flash of inspiration, he ducked into a classroom and pulled the door open again forcefully, saying loudly, “Thanks for all your help, Mr Balentine. I think I understand trig now,”

When he glanced back down the corridor, Avery was leaning against the wall off to the side, the figures of the two perpetrators disappearing round the corner to the nearest stairwell through the slowly shutting doors. Oliver sighed with relief, swallowing his nerves as he caught the other boy around the waist, one hand on his elbow to steady him.

“Hi-mpt!” Avery’s hand flew to his face, his eyes squeezed shut. Oliver continued to guide him down the corridor and the stairs while he stifled his sneezes, not trusting himself to stop. He might end up staring. “Hh-mpt! Hh-mp! Hh...heh..hh-mpt!”

“Bless you,” Oliver mumbled. I’ll make sure they never bother you again.

-

The tags up there aren't all in this drabble but they are ones I fully intend to put into the following ones. I hope you enjoy!

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ooh, this looks intriguing! I can't wait to find out what happens next. :) Poor Avery... But mysterious sickly boys are my type, haha!

Welcome to the forum!

Ooh, this looks intriguing! I can't wait to find out what happens next. smile.png Poor Avery... But mysterious sickly boys are my type, haha!

Welcome to the forum!

Hehe, they're my type too. Unfortunately, no such boys in my neck of the woods as of yet D:

Thank you!

I like it smile.png can't wait to read more

ah thank you i'm glad you like it! :D

Deathy, I have yet to see a thread you haven't posted on

Yep.

I try to ya know give everyone encouragement.

Thanks

I know.

I rock.

Yep.

Thanks

I know.

I rock.

You manage it very well. I certainly feel encouraged to write more c: (Also, I love Death Note and Christian Novelli ^-^)

I'm glad you guys seem to be enjoying this so far ^-^

-

9 - Touched

They’d reached the final flight of stairs when Avery stopped and sat himself down, a horrid chesty cough ripping through his lungs. Oliver winced at the sound, reluctantly sitting down himself and managing to look everywhere but at the boy sat next to him. A millisecond seemed like a century of staring in Oliver’s mind, particularly because he had finally admitted to himself that he had something of a crush on Avery Henderson. He rubbed Avery’s back awkwardly, earning a timid smile.

Breathing seemed to come easier after that. The fit appeared to have cleared out some of the congestion in his chest though Oliver thought he could justifiably wrap an arm around him again and so gave his shoulder a light squeeze.

“Thank you,” Avery mumbled after a long while. Oliver offered him a smile even though he wasn’t looking, too busy rubbing at his chest.

“Don’t worry about it,” Oliver tried to keep his voice steady but a quiver in his words betrayed him. Avery glances up and for a moment, Oliver looked into soft green eyes unashamedly. They were, in his defence, a startling variation of greens, from dewy morning grass to seaside waters. Avery blinked and the moment was lost. Oliver had to catch his breath.

“Hh-mp!” Avery blocked his mouth with his hand, his nose scrunching up with the power of the stifle. Oliver passed him a tissue but not in time to cover the next shuddering, “Hh-mp!”

His delicate frame rattled visible with the force of his contained sneezes. Oliver’s heart went out to him. Poor guy.

“Do you have a lift home?” Oliver asked, hoping Avery wouldn’t be forced to walk any great distance but was ultimately disappointed when he shook his head. Before he realised how odd it sounded, he’d asked him where he lived and subsequently flushed scarlet. Avery only chuckled.

“Not too far,” he smiled, his sinuses giving him a moment to relax and breathe. “About 20 minutes walking distance,”

Oliver’s heart sank. He couldn’t let him walk home like this.

“I only live five minutes away, tops,” he muttered, biting his lip anxiously. “I’m sure my mum could give you a lift,”

As expected, Avery went to protest but was abruptly interrupted by a harsh sneeze which he only managed to half stifle.

“Hh-aimpf!”

Oliver’s mind was made up. And, as the warm heat rushed over Avery’s shivering body on the way through Oliver’s front door, he had to admit that he was touched by the other boy’s concern. Tissue in hand, he snuffled and coughed quietly on the couch until Oliver’s mother bundled him into the car with Oliver in tow, wishing him well sooner rather than later as he disappeared through his own front door with an appreciative smile.

Aww, Avery is so cute! I love these drabbles already. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Thank you! I feel very attached to him, I must admit. c:

Yep.

Thanks

I know.

I rock.

You manage it very well. I certainly feel encouraged to write more c: (Also, I love Death Note and Christian Novelli ^-^)

You're great :) . Deathnote + Chris Novelli <3

I'm glad you guys seem to be enjoying this so far ^-^

-

9 - Touched

They’d reached the final flight of stairs when Avery stopped and sat himself down, a horrid chesty cough ripping through his lungs. Oliver winced at the sound, reluctantly sitting down himself and managing to look everywhere but at the boy sat next to him. A millisecond seemed like a century of staring in Oliver’s mind, particularly because he had finally admitted to himself that he had something of a crush on Avery Henderson. He rubbed Avery’s back awkwardly, earning a timid smile.

Breathing seemed to come easier after that. The fit appeared to have cleared out some of the congestion in his chest though Oliver thought he could justifiably wrap an arm around him again and so gave his shoulder a light squeeze.

“Thank you,” Avery mumbled after a long while. Oliver offered him a smile even though he wasn’t looking, too busy rubbing at his chest.

“Don’t worry about it,” Oliver tried to keep his voice steady but a quiver in his words betrayed him. Avery glances up and for a moment, Oliver looked into soft green eyes unashamedly. They were, in his defence, a startling variation of greens, from dewy morning grass to seaside waters. Avery blinked and the moment was lost. Oliver had to catch his breath.

“Hh-mp!” Avery blocked his mouth with his hand, his nose scrunching up with the power of the stifle. Oliver passed him a tissue but not in time to cover the next shuddering, “Hh-mp!”

His delicate frame rattled visible with the force of his contained sneezes. Oliver’s heart went out to him. Poor guy.

“Do you have a lift home?” Oliver asked, hoping Avery wouldn’t be forced to walk any great distance but was ultimately disappointed when he shook his head. Before he realised how odd it sounded, he’d asked him where he lived and subsequently flushed scarlet. Avery only chuckled.

“Not too far,” he smiled, his sinuses giving him a moment to relax and breathe. “About 20 minutes walking distance,”

Oliver’s heart sank. He couldn’t let him walk home like this.

“I only live five minutes away, tops,” he muttered, biting his lip anxiously. “I’m sure my mum could give you a lift,”

As expected, Avery went to protest but was abruptly interrupted by a harsh sneeze which he only managed to half stifle.

“Hh-aimpf!”

Oliver’s mind was made up. And, as the warm heat rushed over Avery’s shivering body on the way through Oliver’s front door, he had to admit that he was touched by the other boy’s concern. Tissue in hand, he snuffled and coughed quietly on the couch until Oliver’s mother bundled him into the car with Oliver in tow, wishing him well sooner rather than later as he disappeared through his own front door with an appreciative smile.

AWwwwe i really love this part.

I like how caring Oliver (sykes. I wish) . Is and how cute Avery is c:

Awwwww these guys are adorable! Loving them already :-) I can't wait to see how this all pans out :-)

AWwwwe i really love this part.

I like how caring Oliver (sykes. I wish) . Is and how cute Avery is c:

thank you ahh

(cuddly oli sykes could potentially destroy me)

Awwwww these guys are adorable! Loving them already :-) I can't wait to see how this all pans out :-)

ahhh thanks<3 i hope it's interesting for you c:

Aw, you can really feel Oliver's concern! (He's pretty suave, too, haha. wink.png )

hehe yeah he's a worryguts, is oliver

THIS RIGHT HERE IS AWESOME SAUCE!!! Avery why u so cute?!

THIS RIGHT HERE IS AWESOME SAUCE!!! Avery why u so cute?!

thANK YOU AHH<3 aw i love writing him akdjhgrh

16 – Three

“Hhih...heh…”

Avery wrinkled his nose in annoyance. He’d been like this for the past few hours and still not a sneeze in sight. He blamed the medication. All it ever did was fight off the sneezes too late and leave him with a horrid prickling sensation in his nose which felt like only a fit worthy of King Kong would stop it. He swiped his tissue under his nose quickly, fed up with false starts.

When the tickle returned, he was determined to coax a sneeze out one way or another. The itch grew steadily stronger as he took quick, shallow breaths, his nose wrinkling and twitching of its own accord. For a moment, it seemed to vanish again and he would have sighed in exasperation had it not come back with a vengeance moments later.

“C-come o-o-on hheh…” He breathed, as though encouraging the sneeze verbally would bring it on faster. The tickle migrated towards the front of his nostrils, making a bristley nest there. Letting his eyes fall shut, Avery massaged the bridge of his nose gently until:

“HEH-TXKT!”

The sneeze was free, covered only loosely by his arm. Breathing a sigh of relief, Avery leaned back against his pillows, eyes still closed, sniffling gently.

“That was quite the stifle,” said Oliver from the doorway and Avery bit his tongue in shock. In an attempt to look presentable, he sat up again and started to organise his covers to hide his bare chest. He didn’t like the thought of Oliver seeing him this way. He wasn’t exactly what you’d call muscular but much more on the scrawny end of the scale. Skinny and pale - everything he didn’t want to be.

Oliver gave a soft chuckle and guided him to lie down again, tucking the blanket back in behind him. “No need for that,” he soothed. His voice was soothing, like lemon and honey for his sore head. “How’re you feeling?”

“Better,” Avery said honestly, reaching for a tissue from the box. “Just tired and a little sneezy,”

Oliver smiled fondly. “A little?”

Avery nodded and offered his own smile back. He’d been off school sick for three days now. Honestly, he’d half expected Oliver to have forgotten about him in that time. After all, he barely knew him. Not really. Yet, here he was in his bedroom already. He flushed a little at the thought, hoping he could put it down to the lingering fever if Oliver were to notice.

In a fleeting panic, he snatched up his tissue again and pressed it over his nose and mouth, stifling automatically now that Oliver was here. If he couldn’t stop the sneezes - though he wished he could - this would have to do.

“Hh-mpf! Hh...hh-mp!” Breathe. “Hh-mpff!”

Oliver flashed him a look of sympathy, waiting until he removed the tissue to signify he was finished before pushing a hand through his hair gently.

“All done?” He asked sweetly.

Avery smiled, nuzzling into the cool touch. “All done,”

*rocks excitedly in her chair* eeeeeeeeeee! This is too precious!!!!

can avery stop being so cute.

Okay.

The way you describe how the sneeze builds up , woahhh <3

And like how Avery is embaressed.

and Oliver is caring

<3

*rocks excitedly in her chair* eeeeeeeeeee! This is too precious!!!!

*hugs* omg you're so cute ily

can avery stop being so cute.

Okay.

The way you describe how the sneeze builds up , woahhh <3

And like how Avery is embaressed.

and Oliver is caring

<3

ahh i'm glad you like it i've never really written stuff like this before so thank you<3

i'm getting too attached to these character already i don't wanna hurt them D:

21 – Pollen

Maybe it was strange to watch but Oliver couldn’t tear his eyes away. It was just so intriguing, the way his nose twitched and quivered and his eyes watered just enough to warrant rubbing them. How his breath visibly jerked in his chest though he did everything he could to be quiet, his fingers rubbing the side of his nose desperately to relieve the tickle.

And Oliver watched the show unashamedly. He wasn’t quite sure why he liked watching but he did, though he averted his eyes whenever Avery glanced his way aside from one time when he’d been caught. He’d offered a smile and a sympathetic shrug of the shoulders in an attempt to appear nonchalant though he had a feeling his rosy cheeks had given him away.

Honestly, Oliver would have thought the health of the students should have come before Mrs Mathieson’s insistence over testing the effect of different chemicals on the growth and development of sunflowers. The other classes tended to use basic plants which didn’t carry the same threat of allergy attacks as sunflowers did but Mrs Mathieson seemed to have a strange attachment to her flowers. Avery - not so much.

He didn’t often complain but it seemed the flowers were getting to him something awful today when he let out a quiet groan into his hands, rubbing at the inside corners of his eyes with his index fingers before dragging them along the bottom and relieving an itch at the other side. Oliver had to admit that he didn’t know a lot about sunflowers but they certainly looked the prettiest they had done all year. Did that mean the pollen was high? He wasn’t really sure. He tended to judge stuff like that by Avery’s unfortunate reactions. Unfortunate for him, that was. Oliver found them to be a little more positive.

With his nose and mouth hidden behind his hands, there was no obvious sign of a build up aside from his raised eyebrows and the scrunching of his eyes. Oliver held his breath, reaching over to place a hand on Avery’s back. He wasn’t sure himself if he was hoping to comfort him or shock that first sneeze out of him just to make him feel less awful for fighting it.

Either way, it did something.

“Hh-mp! Hh-mpff! Hheh-mphihhh!” Triples did appear to be Avery’s specialty but he wasn’t done. Oliver could tell. His eyes were watering just enough for a tear to spill over and maybe if he’d had the confidence, Oliver would have wiped it away for him. But he didn’t. So he didn’t. “Hh-tsch! Tsch! Tsch! Tsch! Tsch! Tsch!”

People were turning to look at them. Avery seemed to shrink into himself in a panic. Maybe it was instinct which made him drag Avery ungracefully to his feet and push him ahead of him until they were outside with an apologetic glance at Mrs Mathieson who stood tapping her foot in impatience.

Once outside, Avery managed to regain some kind of control over himself. Ever so gently, Oliver places his hands on Avery’s neck, using his thumbs to swipe away the tears spilling down his cheeks. It took him a moment to realise they weren’t just irritated tears. Quickly, he pulled Avery close to him and gave him a squeeze.

“They w-were all looking at me,” he sniffled miserably, pulling away to let out another soft, “Hh-tsch!”

Oliver said nothing. He couldn’t deny it. All he could really do was take his mind off it so he gave him another quick hug and took his hand, regretting it when he realised how weird it was. It wasn’t like they were going out or anything.

“I think the nurse has tissues,” he mumbled embarrassedly, starting off downstairs.

Dawww!!!! This is awesome sauce!! And im cute? blush.png

thank you!! yes you're adorable omg <3

Oliver said nothing. He couldn't deny it. All he could really do was take his mind off of it so he gave him another quick hug and took his hand, regretting it when he realized how weird it was. It wasn't like they were going out together or anything.

"I think the nurse has tissues," he mumbled embarrassedly, starting off downstairs.

Awww....but also wheeee!! When do we get to see them officially get together?? bounce.gif I want it but I also don't cuz the tension is so cute it's killing me! More...more of adorable Avery and sweet, sweet Oliver! It's too cute...I can't.... dead.gif

Archived