Sneeze Fetish Forum

Drabble Challenge - Oliver/Avery

AdrianMarx

Well that was a plot twist! He is still lying. Why you always lyin'? he needs to cut it out and let Oliver take care of him. Then, Oliver should make him know how it feels to be lied to and surrounded by worry! :nonono: Great job as always! 

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AVERY! NO! BAD AVERY! LET YOUR BOYFRIEND TAKE CARE OF YOU, YOU STUBBORN IDIOT!!!!!!!!

Okay, rant done. Gorgeous as always my dear Adrian!

@Artemis A plot twist I'm not sure was a good idea but it's done now.

@Artygirl22:hug:

@Coffee Chicken Barista Well eventually he'll be left with no choice, I'm sure. Thank you, dear <3

I got too excited to wait so here are the next two ahh.

-

Raincoat

“What the hell are you doing here?”

Avery glanced up wearily as Oliver sat down next to him in the common room at breaktime, concern written all over his face. Avery felt an ache in his chest. He hated making Oliver worry so much. Honestly, he was starting to wonder why he was even bothering to keep up this stupid image anymore. Oliver was right there, ready to offer comfort and help. If Avery could just reach out and take it-

Instead, he tried a smile and murmured, “S’good to see you too.”

Oliver wasn’t smiling. “Why are you here?” He asked again. He looked Avery up and down. “And where’s your coat?”

“Um,” Avery tried to think of a decent excuse but nothing sprang to the forefront of his foggy mind. He wiped his runny nose apathetically on his damp tissue and said, “Forgot?”

Oliver sighed.

“You had that awful cough over the weekend and now you’re here without a coat. Why did you even come in today?”

“It’s raining,” Avery said before he realised that this didn’t make any sense to Oliver who didn’t know. Couldn’t know.

Thankfully, Oliver seemed to put this down to his lingering fever and didn’t comment on it. “You should be in bed.”

Avery felt tears well up in his eyes. He didn’t deserve someone like Oliver. He wished he could explain. This was the moment. He could tell him right now and everything would get better. But the words wouldn’t come. Instead, he found himself in Oliver’s embrace while silent tears slid down his cheeks and pulsed in his chest. By the time the tears descended into wheezing coughs, the common room was empty.

Avery hadn’t heard the bell ring.

“We’ll be late,” he croaked, trying to stand and wipe the tears from his cheeks but Oliver held him close.

“It doesn’t matter,” he said gently. After a moment of silently rubbing Avery’s back, Oliver pulled away and caught his eye meaningfully. “What was all that about, huh?”

Avery sniffled and stifled a sneeze silently into his tissue before shoving it into his pocket. “Guess it must be the fever,” he sighed. The moment had passed.

Oliver turned his gaze to the weather outside and sighed at the lashing rain and blustering gale. He looked back at Avery’s shivering frame, taking in the damp patches on his shoulders and elbows. Oliver really couldn’t afford to skip school but he did desperately want to drag Avery home with him. He didn’t feel right just sending him out in this weather. But, at the same time, he couldn’t stay here.

“Here,” he said, pulling his own coat out from under his chair. “Call me when you get home, okay?”

Oliver thought Avery looked hesitant but he couldn’t blame him. He’d feel the same about heading out into that weather with a horrid cold. Oliver’s heart felt heavy. He wished he knew what to do.

“Power’s out,” Avery whispered apologetically. “Can’t call.”

“Okay,” Oliver said nervously, feeling less sure about this decision by the second. But he didn’t know what else to do and the weight of Avery’s health on his shoulders was a difficult burden to bear. Not that he minded. He just wished Avery would show some concern for himself every once in a while.

Once Avery was snugly wrapped up in Oliver’s coat (and his scarf and hat for good measure) Oliver pressed a kiss to his forehead and walked him to the door, making him promise to rest up. And then he was gone and Oliver got detention for being late to class. Not to mention that, since hugging Avery, his nose and eyes had starting itching infuriatingly.  All in all, it was not a good day.

(Avery took shelter in a bus stop, shivering and sniffling. It was draughty but at least it was dry. He didn’t sleep.)

Mother

16 seconds...

"Hh-ngt!"

"Bless you," Oliver sighed automatically, beginning to pack away his books to avoid looking at Avery. Every time he did, he felt his heart clench. He did look just awful but it was no wonder he wasn't recovering. He wasn't resting, intent on pushing himself to the very limit of his capacity and Oliver had had just about enough of having his attempts to look after him thrown back in his face. He tried to understand, he really did, but Avery was making it so damn difficult.

And there was the bell. Avery took the opportunity to let go of a particularly itchy sneeze, pitching forward with his hands cupped over his nose and mouth.

"Ai-tissschu!"

He'd been particularly sneezy today and Oliver was fresh out of tissues to give him. Already lengthy illnesses were drawn out with Avery at the best of times and that nasty chesty cough had been bugging him for too long now. Not to mention the low-grade fever which seemed to plague him constantly. Oliver wondered if sending him home yesterday had been a bad idea what with the weather. He had no idea how long it had taken his sickly boyfriend to get home in the hammering rain.

Discreetly, Oliver kissed his temple while they slung their backpacks over their shoulders.

"I have band practice," he said solemnly, reaching down to give Avery's hand a squeeze. One more try to take care of him. "Are you sure you'll be okay to walk home alone?"

"Hng! Hi-tsng! Hhh..."

Even drugged up on the last of his cold medicine, Avery looked and felt dead on his feet. God only knew if he'd manage to struggle through tomorrow. He'd missed so much school through various illnesses this year already. He couldn't afford to miss any more, what with exam time looming. And he wasn't stupid. School was the best place for him and he knew it; it was warm, for one thing.

All the same, he nodded and Oliver sighed dejectedly.

"Don't come in tomorrow," he told him firmly, stalking away and leaving Avery to stare after him with a sinking feeling in his stomach. It seemed he was never done upsetting Oliver these days. Sometimes, he wished he could just tell him but he'd kept it a secret for so long that telling him just seemed too daunting. And would that mean everything had been for nothing? What if he left? Worse; what if he didn't and Avery was left to leech off him and his mother until he turned eighteen? He'd never be able to deal with the knowledge that he didn't belong, didn't deserve their hospitality. It wasn't the worry that they wouldn't accept him - it was the certainty that they would.

He sighed and stretched and began the trek downstairs. Honestly, he didn't think he could keep this up for much longer.

~

Oliver couldn't stop thinking, missing notes left, right, and centre. Perhaps he'd been too hard on the poor boy. It was just difficult to be gentle when it never seemed to get him anywhere. But he'd learned that shouting would only provide even worse results. His head was everywhere, what with studying and family and trying to help someone who would not be helped. Not to mention the allergies which wouldn't leave him the hell alone. He was beginning to wonder if he'd developed a taste of Avery's dreadful hayfever but, then again, he didn't think it was quite the season.

Still, his boyfriend was sick. He needed to make allowances for him, regardless of how "used to it" he claimed to be. Even if Avery wouldn't look after himself - especially if, in fact - Oliver shouldn't stop trying. And he wouldn't.

Maybe he should visit him, take him some sweets to cheer him up? That sounded good. When he played a distressingly bad note during the quiet part of the song, he heard the entire band quieten down and thought that maybe he should read the music now.

~

Oliver knocked the door with nerves building uninvited in his stomach. It was stupid but it had been ages since he'd been here. There was some excitement in there too at the prospect of seeing Avery's genuine smile again which had been worryingly absent recently. This illness must be hitting him hard. But Avery loved surprises...and jelly babies. This would do the trick.

He smiled politely when Avery's mother answered the door but her face changed before he had a chance to ask her if Avery was okay.

"Mick!" She yelled over her shoulder, a note of panic in her voice. Her eyes never left Oliver and she clung tightly to the door like she thought it might run away. Her husband appeared at her shoulder, eyes hardening when he caught sight of him. Oliver couldn't help but notice how she seemed to put Mick between Oliver and herself.

"You have some nerve to show up on my doorstep after everything!" He roared, making Oliver take a shocked step back. He couldn't process it. Avery must have been terribly upset about their encounter last period to evoke this sort of reaction from his mild-mannered parents. "You and your faggot boyfriend aren't welcome here and, if I ever see either of you on my property again, I will have you both arrested!"

He spat the last word out venomously and slammed the door so hard that the force of the wind - and the shock - near enough forced Oliver backwards. He couldn't breathe. He had to find Avery.

Oh that is not good! Not good at all. Oliver needs to grab Avery even if it has to be by the back of his tee shirt and drag him to a nice warm bed where he can get all better. Is Oliver getting sick as well?! I'm excited for the rest! It needs to have a happy ending!

Finally! !!! Now Oliver knows! 

Now Avery can stop lyin' and get help! 

Here here!7994110.gif

On 5/29/2016 at 0:31 PM, Artemis said:

Oh that is not good! Not good at all. Oliver needs to grab Avery even if it has to be by the back of his tee shirt and drag him to a nice warm bed where he can get all better. Is Oliver getting sick as well?! I'm excited for the rest! It needs to have a happy ending!

I think Oli's allergic to the puppy?

And yessssss he finally knows. Poor bb still has to find Avery, though.

• 1 month later...

I really hope you decide to update this bc I honestly love this story so much :)

• 1 month later...

Before I had become a user here I had read this probably about 5 times! I would love to see it continue but you haven't posted in a while.. but it is a great story nonetheless!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey hello sorry I've been busy with uni and exams and generally procrastinating from everything but here is an update and I hope you like it and things and THANK YOU for such lovely comments!!! :heart:

-

Heartless

Oliver cried that night. He cried because he had no idea where to start looking. Who could Avery possibly be staying with? Where was he? Was he okay? Was someone looking after him?

God damn it, he didn’t know what to do.

He’d be at school tomorrow. He was always at school. Oliver would see him then and everything would be okay.

~

When Oliver arrived at school the next morning, running on two hours sleep, he went straight to Avery's registration classroom and peered through the window in the door. He had his back to him but the illness was still evident. Shivers plagued his body and the lazy rubbing of his temples suggested he'd been lying to Oliver about that headache.

"Heh'ischoo! Hih...hih'ishghx!"

Oliver bit his lip. Those sneezes sounded positively miserable. Without a second thought, he strode through the door and took a seat next to Avery, wrapping his arms around him immediately. But he pulled away and it would have hurt had Oliver not realised why. Avery's nose was twitching again.

"Hh-khxt! Ngkht! Nxt! Ngt!"

"Bless," Oliver whispered, swiping away the few stray tears which had spilled over uninvited. He wrapped Avery up in a hug again, this time determined not to let go. "Honey, I know. Why didn't you tell me?"

He barely thought before pulling Avery into his lap, cradling him. "I don't understand how anyone could be so heartless, especially towards someone like you."

Avery sniffled. Someone like him. Someone who couldn't look after himself. Someone weak. He pulled away again to stifle a sneeze.

"Hih'kght!"

When he looked at Avery, Oliver could feel the anger surging through him again. How could anyone treat their own son like that? He just held on tighter, forcing the anger down again.

“Please, sweetheart,” he whispered. “Come home with me.”

Avery really did pull away then, looking exhausted and unsteady even sitting down. Sweat from the fever glistened on his face though he kept wiping it away with tissues. He shook his head minutely in response to Oliver’s request, whatever he was saying with his poor, hoarse voice drowned out by the warning bell.  Oliver debated with himself for a moment, indecision swirling in his stomach, before he made what he considered to be the coward’s decision and chose to wait.

“I have to get to registration,” he murmured, kissing Avery’s temple as students began to file into the room. “I’ll see you in maths, okay?”

And, with that, Oliver left for his class, grateful for the extra time to process everything. He’d had all night and he still hadn’t managed it. One thing was for certain, however. Avery was coming home with him tonight and that was that.

~

Oliver was forced to worry from across the classroom during his only lesson with Avery but at least he had him in his sight. That was something. He could hear those desperate sneezes even when they were stifled into oblivion and the sound tugged on his heart when he thought about everything Avery had been through without Oliver even knowing. Who had he even been staying with? For how long?

As painful as it was to listen to Avery sneeze, it hurt even more to hear that awful chesty cough rattling in his lungs. Oliver longed to hold him, nurse him. He wanted to take him home and wrap him up in blankets and make him well again. But what he wanted most was to punch Avery’s parents hard. He wanted them to hurt and he wanted to be the one to hurt them.

Oliver paid little attention to his work, his eyes always roaming over to his ailing boyfriend. It was just after the teacher had set them a textbook exercise and the class was working in silence that she crouched down in front of Avery and asked him softly if he’d like to go to the nurse. For once, Avery didn’t put up a fight. He just packed his things silently and left without a glance back, leaving Oliver to handle the worry alone. Still, the nurse was the best place for his sickly boyfriend right now. Oliver would catch up with him during break time and everything would be alright.

~

When Avery didn’t show at break, Oliver couldn’t help but be concerned. But he was probably still in the nurse’s office. Oliver walked all the way there before stopping, hesitant to knock. If Avery really was still in there - which was likely because Oliver couldn’t think where else he would be - he was clearly in desperate need of some rest and he didn’t need Oliver interrogating him right now.

However, when Avery didn’t show at lunch, Oliver felt a cold dread wash over him and he practically bolted down to the nurse’s office, knocking swiftly before he could change his mind.

The nurse was a friendly woman with a kind smile who had always been very sweet to Avery on the occasions Oliver had brought him to see her - often with a high fever. She smiled at him kindly.

“Oliver,” she smiled. “What can I do for you?”

Oliver frowned, feeling the nerves building. “Um, is- is Avery here?”

The nurse looked confused. “Oh, dear, I thought he’d have told you. I had to send him home. Poor lamb’s in a dreadful state-”

But Oliver wasn’t listening. He didn’t heed her cries of his name behind him as he bolted for the door. This couldn’t be happening. Not again.

The heck Avery!!! No no no!! That's not how it goes. You stay on the nurses office, wait for Oliver, smooch and hug him, go home with him, be loved and cared for! In that order!!!

Nooooooooo!!! I just started reading your thread and I've enjoyed being able to pummel through them at lightning speed, since I'm so late to the game! But now I'm left in suspense because I'm all caught up now!! HERE?? IT'S KILLING ME!

Archived