Sneeze Fetish Forum

Drabble Challenge - Oliver/Avery

AdrianMarx

I hated Great Gatsby with a passion. On the other hand, LOVE Catcher in the Rye. And Hundred Years of Solitude was confusing but not bad. So there you have it.

ANYwayyys. These drabbles are so lovely, and I am dyyying to see what happens to poor Avery, yet loving the wait haha... Good luck with your exams! :D

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ANYwayyys. These drabbles are so lovely, and I am dyyying to see what happens to poor Avery, yet loving the wait haha... Good luck with your exams! biggrin.png

Ahh thank you lots yes <3 I am glad you like them.

This was actually supposed to go before Care but I forgot about it. Whoops.

88 - Hypocrite

Oliver rubbed at his temples apathetically in a vain attempt to relieve his headache. Painkillers had had little effect and, really, he just wanted to go home and sleep it off. But Avery needed him here to make sure he didn't overexert himself and make himself worse. If he wouldn't go home, the least Oliver could do for him was the same. Although, it did seem to him that they were back to square one.

"Okay?" Avery asked softly, glancing to their teacher to check if they were being observed. When he got a stern look in response, he flushed and ducked his head to stare at his work. Oliver scribbled down a reply in the following silence which was punctuated only by the periodic sniffles designed to keep Avery's runny nose under control.

I should be asking you that. How's the cold?

-Better, thanks.

One glance at Avery's reddened nose, currently adorned with a tissue to catch the drips, told Oliver otherwise. He wouldn't have commented had another note not landed in front of him

-You should head home to rest, though <3

Oliver had to fight to contain a scoff. Of all people to be advising him on taking care of his health-

"Hnchxt! Aikhnxt!"

"Bless you," Oliver whispered, hoping this would be considered acceptable speaking in class time. Not that it mattered when they were interrupted by the school bell. "Look who's talking," he muttered under his breath so only Avery would hear. The boy sighed, gathering up his things in his arms.

In all his life, he'd never met anyone as harmlessly hypocritical as Avery. How could anyone be so incredibly concerned about other people and their wellbeing but have such a complete disregard for their own? He wasn't sure if there was something Avery felt he had to prove - to himself or to his parents or maybe even to Oliver - or if perhaps he just couldn't afford another sick day, week. Whatever.

"I'm u-used to it. Hh…Ngxt! You're not," Avery mumbled as if that justified something. Oliver frowned.

"Just because you're used to suffering doesn't mean you should," he said quietly.

Avery flashed him a sad smile. "Maybe. I'll see you later,"

With that, he rushed off to what Oliver could only presume was his Physics classroom yet again. That boy would be the death of him one of these days. He was already going grey with worry about him.

Aww, Avery, baby... sadsmiley.gif Your characters make me crazy! I usually have a bit of a favorite between people's fictional couples and it's usually more Avery's character, but Oliver is just so damn loveable I think he might be my favorite... I just can't decide...SMILIE_AV_VISA_CITY.GIF

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwh<3

shit I am so Avery, like when someone else is sick i'm like "Ew stay away from me .. feel better"

but when i'm sick or I talk about my allergies I say "It's not that bad" and.. it really is bad.

ah

Avery and Oli<3 are so cute

Aww, Avery, baby... sadsmiley.gif Your characters make me crazy! I usually have a bit of a favorite between people's fictional couples and it's usually more Avery's character, but Oliver is just so damn loveable I think he might be my favorite... I just can't decide...SMILIE_AV_VISA_CITY.GIF

I usually have a favourite too but I tend more towards Oliver's character as a general rule. Maybe that's why I like writing him so much hehe.

Damn im so avery....im like that...all the time.

So am I. I'm all "I hope you feel better soon. You should rest and things and get better!" but when it's me I'm like "nope I'm fine don't worry oh my god stop looking at me like that I'm fine"

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwh<3

shit I am so Avery, like when someone else is sick i'm like "Ew stay away from me .. feel better"

but when i'm sick or I talk about my allergies I say "It's not that bad" and.. it really is bad.

ah

Avery and Oli<3 are so cute

Me too. A lot of people on here seem to do that. Maybe we're all hypocrites.

Squeals thank you<3

I just had to say again that I love these drabbles... wub.png

Sobs thank you ily <3

Awwwwwh!

Haven't been on this board for a bit, and omigosh I have been missing so much gold!

Seriously though, there's so much awesome on this thread that I don't have the space or the words to address it all.

So I'mma go ahead and sign off with a bunch of smileys now.tongue_ss.gif

thumbup1.gifthumbsupsmileyanim.gifthumbsupsmileyanim.gifyes.giflaugh.pngclapping.gifcheekkiss.gif

*throws self onto the pile of people already giving this love*

gora.gif

p.s. screw Avery's parents.

Awwwwwh!

Haven't been on this board for a bit, and omigosh I have been missing so much gold!

Seriously though, there's so much awesome on this thread that I don't have the space or the words to address it all.

So I'mma go ahead and sign off with a bunch of smileys now.tongue_ss.gif

thumbup1.gifthumbsupsmileyanim.gifthumbsupsmileyanim.gifyes.giflaugh.pngclapping.gifcheekkiss.gif

*throws self onto the pile of people already giving this love*

gora.gif

p.s. screw Avery's parents.

Awh thank you so much omg. I'm glad you like them <3

(Yes, definitely. They need punched in the face.)

Haven't been on here in weeks <3 where is Avery getting food?

I imagine he's mostly living off free school meals but he took some money while he was getting other things so he probaby buys some food too ^-^

Wow, I haven't updated this in a while. Sorry! Just a little one and then I have to go study for maths. Ew. I hate maths.

Puppy

Avery was exhausted and cold and the light blanket wrapped around him proved to be minimally effective. Still, it was better than nothing. He had been curled up on his usual bench in the park but one woman had taken more than a fleeting interest in his wellbeing so he’d left while her back was turned. That was Avery all over; pushing people away when they only wanted to help, pretending to be fine just to stem their worrying. Oliver always worried and it was all Avery’s stupid fault.

So, he’d taken refuge in an alleyway (how cliché) not too far away and had immediately been thankful for the darkness. The night had crept in during his walk from the park though, somehow, it didn’t feel any colder. Maybe because the walls were blocking the wind or maybe he just couldn’t feel it anymore. His nose was still itching. He swiped a tissue under it apathetically.

"Heh'ishhuh!" Avery didn't even bother to cover the sneeze. Nobody was around to catch it anyway, were they?

A tiny whimper from the darkness caught his attention all right - he nearly jumped out of his skin. There was someone else there. Endless possibilities raced through his mind: a drunk, a murderer, a drunken murderer, a...

A puppy?

It emerged from the dark with another pathetic whimper as it tripped over its own feet. Avery couldn't stifle a giggle. Poor thing was all caught up in a piece of plactic string wrapped around its legs. Cautiously, Avery squinted into the alleyway further but he couldn't see a mother coming to the resue. Abandoned. Well, he knew how that felt.

"Shh, it's okay," he soothed, the congestion in his voice making even him wince. He took a gentle but firm hold on the puppy's wriggling legs and quickly began to deetangle the creature before setting it upright again. With a swift wag of its tail, it was off in a flash and Avery felt the heaviness return to this chest. It had been too much to hope for the dog to stay in hindsight. Apathetic once more, he muffled some sneezes into his blanket.

"Heh'ishhmmmf! Hih'ishoo! Ishoo! Ishoo!"

He sniffled.

"Hehhh...hhiihhh...hhhhh...hhHIH'YISHooo!"

He was startled out of his misery momentarily by pressure on his leg. He smiled when he spotted the puppy again, this time with its front paws on his thigh and its little pink tongue reaching up to lick beneath his chin. It tickled.

"Hello, there," Avery croaked, lifting a careful hand to scratch behind the puppy's ears. "Are you cold?"

Without waiting for an answer - not that he expected one - he scooped the little creature up in his arms and settled it in his lap beneath the soft, warm folds of the blanket. It just wouldn't sit still and instead put its paws on his chest, still trying to lick his face. He shook his head fondly and let his eyes fall shut with one hand on the puppy's back.

"I'm lonely too," he murmured sleepily. "We can be lonely together."

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! The puppy!! Avery!!

*Melts*

Oooo! Right in the feels! That's so sad! I love it though! The last line killed me! I love your writing so much it shouldn't be possible! I don't really have a favorite, but if I had to choose, I'd probably say it was Oliver because he's just so sweet and caring! I want an Oliver for myself! D: anyway... I'm loving this and I will be waiting anxiously for an update! Stay perfect!

Awwwwh this is ADORABLE "We can be lonely together" oh my.

• 1 year later...

Hot/Cold

Avery was bloody freezing. His hands shook the whole way through morning classes and he felt so dizzy that he barely got anything down anyway. Mr Lester had placed a hand gently on his shoulder and asked quietly if he felt like he needed to go home. Avery’s face had paled at the mention of the word and his teacher had frowned before squeezing his shoulder reassuringly and leaving him be. He caught him before he left for break time to let Avery know that his classroom door was always open.

God, he was cold.

As he jostled his way to the cafeteria, he pulled his hands into the sleeves of his school jumper and folded them across his chest in an attempt to conserve what little warmth he could. By the time he sat down next to Oliver, however, he was practically dripping with sweat.

“Avery?” Oliver’s concern would have made guilt tug at Avery’s heart on any other day but he was too busy tugging his jumper over his head to notice.

He fanned at his flushed face with his maths jotter.

“S’hot in here,” he muttered, blinking away the haziness at the corner of his eye.

Oliver pushed Avery’s damp fringe from his eyes and Avery felt himself start shivering again at Oliver’s cool touch.

“You’re burning,” Oliver whispered sadly. Avery pulled his jumper back on, shivering again. “If you won’t go home, at least let me take you to the nurse?”

Avery’s sluggish brain managed to work through that route. The nurse would call his parents to pick him up, almost definitely. He didn’t want her to know. He didn’t want anyone to know.

But he was so cold and he didn’t want to go back outside again.

But he really didn’t want Oliver to know.

So, he croaked, “Yeah. I should head home.”

If Oliver was surprised by how easily Avery had been convinced, it didn’t show on his face. All Avery saw there was relief.

“You want me to wait with you ‘till your mum gets here?”

Avery blinked at Oliver blearily for a moment before shaking his head. “You’ll miss class. I’ll be okay.”

Oliver kissed his warm cheek gently. “Take care of yourself, m’kay?”

Avery sniffled and nodded. Oliver seemed satisfied. Avery wondered if his boyfriend’s recent lack of worry about him - for which Avery was grateful - had anything to do with the mountain of deadlines piling up. This was good; Oliver should definitely be focusing on school and not worrying about his stupid boyfriend who was always coming down with something.

The bell rang. With a final kiss on the cheek, Oliver left for class. Avery sat gathering his strength for a moment, deciding again that he was far too hot and divesting himself of his jumper, and eventually made his way to his locker.

Blanket

The blanket was at the very back of his locker. It would be difficult to explain to any passing teachers should they notice it as he was retrieving his books. (He left his books in his locker, deciding that extra layers and his soft blanket were far more important than homework.)

It had only just struck noon by the time he made it back to the alley and he was shivering again. Even wrapped up in his blanket and wearing all his clothes, he couldn’t make it stop.

“Tshoo! Ugh…” he wiped his nose irritably on his sleeve. “Bloody hell,” he muttered to himself.

Though he’d been having hot and cold flushes all day, his nose hadn’t been bothering him too much. Well, not until now. Now, it itched like crazy and he suffered through many false starts before the tickle finally overcame him and he buried his face in the crook of his shaking elbow.

“HehISHuh! Ishhh! hiHISHhhoo!”

Avery couldn’t stop his rapid descent into horrid, chesty coughs after that though he tried his best. Hell. Everything hurt.

“Bless me,” he muttered eventually, just for something to say.

Something wet pressed against the back of his hand, making him start. He couldn’t keep a grin from spreading across his face when two bright puppy-dog eyes peered up at him. The puppy climbed daringly into his lap where she (Avery was fairly certain the puppy was female) seemed to enjoy sitting. Avery was grateful not only for her company but for her warmth.

“Hey,” he rasped, readjusting the blanket so it would cover them both properly.

Hell, he was cold. Really, bloody cold.

-

Hey. So. It's been a little while since I updated this (oops) but I hope some of you still care? I definitely want to finish this story. I haven't written anything in quite a while, however, so I'm a little rusty. I hope those of you who read this enjoy it nonetheless. Thanks to those of you who stuck with me <3

I LOVE the use of "Bloody hell" you might have noticed it's a fave expression of time.

Liking your boys a lot!

Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh, OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :heart: 

Oliver and Avery are back???!!! I can't believe it!! 

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! 

This was one of my favourite stories before i joined the forum but I was devastated to see it end so abruptly with poor Avery stuck in that alley with the puppy :cry: 

But you're continuing it, I can't believe it, I'm so happy I could cry!!! I've been in love with your writing since lurkerhood and aaaahhhhh!!!!!!!! 

*rushes back to read ENTIRE STORY AGAIN* :heart: 

Darling, these are wonderful! I don't think they could be any cuter!

Archived