Sneeze Fetish Forum

Drabble Challenge - Oliver/Avery

AdrianMarx

So how in the heck has this been hiding from me for so long? :lol: Awhhh omfg these boys are too adorable!!! Just tell Oliver what's going on, Avery, he wants to help you!!!!

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yup, just finished reading this thread and I must say, this is a very interesting plot line, I'll be curious to see what happens after all Oliver's deadlines are up. Very very cute :) 

*squeaks* Still care, still care!

Poor baby! He'd better get care and cuddles soon, or I may become overly emotional.

On 05/04/2016 at 3:17 AM, Kaze wo Hiku said:

I LOVE the use of "Bloody hell" you might have noticed it's a fave expression of time.

Liking your boys a lot!

Hehe I'm glad you appreciate it ^-^ Thank you!!

On 05/04/2016 at 4:50 AM, Juto said:

Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh, OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :heart: 

Oliver and Avery are back???!!! I can't believe it!! 

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! 

This was one of my favourite stories before i joined the forum but I was devastated to see it end so abruptly with poor Avery stuck in that alley with the puppy :cry: 

But you're continuing it, I can't believe it, I'm so happy I could cry!!! I've been in love with your writing since lurkerhood and aaaahhhhh!!!!!!!! 

*rushes back to read ENTIRE STORY AGAIN* :heart: 

Ahh, I never intended to abandon them. Things got a little on top of me. But hopefully it won't happen again! <3

Juto you're making me blush stop omg :blush:

On 05/04/2016 at 5:13 AM, Coffee Chicken Barista said:

Darling, these are wonderful! I don't think they could be any cuter!

Awh, thank you!!<3

On 05/04/2016 at 5:30 AM, Artygirl22 said:

Ahhhh the puppy is back! !!!!! 

I do have a soft spot for the puppy :P

On 05/04/2016 at 4:47 PM, SpamKey said:

So how in the heck has this been hiding from me for so long? :lol: Awhhh omfg these boys are too adorable!!! Just tell Oliver what's going on, Avery, he wants to help you!!!!

Well, it's been gathering dust for a while but NO MORE!! Ah, I'm glad you like them. Gosh.

On 05/04/2016 at 8:55 PM, Artemis said:

Yup, just finished reading this thread and I must say, this is a very interesting plot line, I'll be curious to see what happens after all Oliver's deadlines are up. Very very cute :) 

Once he starts to properly pay attention to Avery, I'm sure things will start to change. 

On 06/04/2016 at 2:35 PM, RiversD said:

*squeaks* Still care, still care!

Poor baby! He'd better get care and cuddles soon, or I may become overly emotional.

Awh, yay, I'm glad. Sorry I kept you waiting for uhm :blush: two years <3

45 - Sore

"Etshoo! Ugh-"

Oliver scrubbed at his nose which was maddeningly itchy and had been all day. What he couldn't understand was what in the world was setting off his allergies at school. Generally, people with pets weren't in his classes and, when they were, the medication kept the symptoms at bay provided he didn't rub his face all over their dandered uniform.

He blew his nose again, wincing when the tissue brushed against the sensitive skin of his nostrils. They were chapped and red raw, aching to the touch. It physically hurt to blow his nose but he was so congested and his nose was running and, honestly, he just felt like crap.

"Ishchoo! Aknchu!"

Cautiously, he gave a liquid sniffle, thankful it didn't result in any more sneezes because he didn't think his sore nose could take much more. With the bell to signal the start of lunch, he exited the toilet cubicle, splashing cool water in his face to hopefully remove any trace of allergen. His Art teacher had let him out early when he'd been overcome by a vicious sneezing fit not fifteen minutes before the bell and he'd opted just to take his things with him. The mirror on the way into the corridor showed his eyes to be red-rimmed. Good to know he looked just as bad as he felt.

When he threw himself down in the seat next to Avery, he rested his head straight onto his arms and let out a long, low groan.

Avery seemed alarmed. "Oliver? Are you alright?" He rubbed circles in Oliver's back but he couldn't help tensing up to prepare for another sneeze. He just had time to pull a fresh tissue out before it started.

"Eshoo! Itschu! Echoo! Eschoo! Angtsth!"

With another sniffle, he coughed out the pain in his chest and glanced over to find Avery's face dripping with worry.

"Allergies," he explained stuffily. Avery didn't look convinced.

"To what?" He asked in disbelief, resting a hand on Oliver's cheek and swiping at the tears beneath his eyes while simultaneously noting the lack of fever. That could have been his own fever talking, though. He was getting pretty good at masking his situation. It was becoming almost normal but, at the same time, it was really taking its toll. Every night, he felt more exhausted. It was like he was wasting away.

"I don't hhh know," Oliver admitted, pinching the bridge of his nose.

Avery frowned. "What are your allergies again?" He did know. He honestly did. But he was tired and sick and he just couldn’t remember.

"Most animals, especially dogs, and dust. But I don't see any of those around here, do you?"

Avery swallowed and shook his head, shifting to the next seat with the pretence of picking something up from the floor. Oliver didn't seem to notice anyway since he'd rested his head in his hands, a tickle wrinkling his nose for him.

"Everything hurts," he whined, thinking maybe he'd have to talk to his mum about getting stronger allergy meds if this was going to become a problem. "My sinuses are killing me and all this sneezing is giving me a headache. Even breathing is just ow."

Avery bit his lip guiltily. He was just making Oliver feel worse. All the talk of sneezing was making his nose itchy. Shit.

"Breathing?" He asked carefully and Oliver nodded with a worrying cough.

"Chest's tight,” he muttered back.

Quickly, Avery murmured something about heading to the toilet and fetching more tissues while he was there. He needed to keep his distance from now on. At least, enough not to be suspicious. Now that the exposure was finally getting to his boyfriend, Avery didn't know what to do. With the door firmly shut behind him, he bent double at the waist.

"Igntk! Nxt! Kht! Ahngkxt! Angkxt! Hmp!" His breath shuddered a hitched for too long before the tickle finally climaxed, spray shooting out of his nose uninvited and the noise echoing around the cubicle. "Harrahchoo!"

He groaned quietly, blowing harshly to clear his nose. This cold was really beating him down. All he could do was be thankful that Oliver was too caught up in schoolwork and his own suffering to notice that Avery was struggling quite as much as he was. As far as Oliver was concerned, he was getting over this. And, if Avery had anything to say about it, that was how things would stay.

He forgot the tissues.

Waaaaaaaaah!!!!!! This is....

This is.....

You are awesome!!!! Poor avery...Poor Ollie!!!! 

Aw, poor babies! They're so precious! Dear Adrian, you are absolutely wonderful!

Awwe, I just want to wrap them in a blanket and give them warm grits. That was so cute. Oliver....wow, just wow......I feel you, getting so caught up you don't notice anything but dude, take half a step back and look around you.

Avery, you need to take some medicine or something and stay home. Oliver will be with you soon enough, he's just stressed. 

AdrianMarx: Sorry for having a conversation with your characters. This was so cute and adorable. I can't wait to see how it ends but yet I don't want it to end/ 

Y'know :cry: I'm not really sure I approve of you taking that internship with the Empress. *walks away, sniffling, muttering "aww the poor dears"!* WHATS WITH THE ANGST AAAAHHHH MY HEART :heart: 

That being said... (Or wailed...):

Omg the cuteness!! Poor Avery, so sick and selfless and doing everything he can to spare his poor Oliver :heart: 

THEY ARE SO PRECIOUS ADRIAN!!!! I can't handle it... *sighs*

I mean I guess Kaze had to indoctrinate somebody, the fluff was kinda outnumbering the angst :lol: Awwwwh poor Avery, and Oliver has no idea and aghhgghgg I need them to be happy plz :cry: They're too adorable to not be happy!

On 4/9/2016 at 8:38 PM, Artygirl22 said:

Waaaaaaaaah!!!!!! This is....

This is.....

You are awesome!!!! Poor avery...Poor Ollie!!!! 

Thank you!!

On 4/10/2016 at 2:56 AM, Coffee Chicken Barista said:

Aw, poor babies! They're so precious! Dear Adrian, you are absolutely wonderful!

Gosh :blush: thank you. I think they both need a little TLC.

On 4/10/2016 at 3:07 AM, Artemis said:

Awwe, I just want to wrap them in a blanket and give them warm grits. That was so cute. Oliver....wow, just wow......I feel you, getting so caught up you don't notice anything but dude, take half a step back and look around you.

Avery, you need to take some medicine or something and stay home. Oliver will be with you soon enough, he's just stressed. 

AdrianMarx: Sorry for having a conversation with your characters. This was so cute and adorable. I can't wait to see how it ends but yet I don't want it to end/ 

He's really feeling the pressure, poor thing. But, yes, he is being pretty blind. And Avery really needs him right now. Just ahh.

Awh, that's okay :hug: I'm really glad you like it!!

On 4/10/2016 at 9:47 AM, Juto said:

Y'know :cry: I'm not really sure I approve of you taking that internship with the Empress. *walks away, sniffling, muttering "aww the poor dears"!* WHATS WITH THE ANGST AAAAHHHH MY HEART :heart: 

That being said... (Or wailed...):

Omg the cuteness!! Poor Avery, so sick and selfless and doing everything he can to spare his poor Oliver :heart: 

THEY ARE SO PRECIOUS ADRIAN!!!! I can't handle it... *sighs*

But it was so nice of her to offer!

Awh awh Juto thank you. I hope you'll forgive me for what's to come!

On 4/10/2016 at 10:31 PM, SpamKey said:

I mean I guess Kaze had to indoctrinate somebody, the fluff was kinda outnumbering the angst :lol: Awwwwh poor Avery, and Oliver has no idea and aghhgghgg I need them to be happy plz :cry: They're too adorable to not be happy!

Ah. I'm sorry about the angst. Hopefully, they'll be happy very soon!!

Money

Avery hated shopping. Too many people going too many places all at once at all hours of the day and night. He’d chosen the 24 hours supermarket specifically in the hopes that it would be both cheaper and quieter but he had no such luck with the latter.

He tried to keep his head down and not draw attention to how dirty his hair was or how his shoulders kept shaking.

He went straight for the medicine aisle first and grabbed the value cold medicine. He’d had it before and it tasted horrendous but beggars couldn’t be choosers. Next on the list was dog food for his furry friend. As he counted his remaining coins carefully, he hoped wildly that the little creature wouldn’t mind value dog food too. How often were dogs supposed to eat? He wasn’t sure. From what he’d seen, the puppy often got her food from the bins but Avery wanted to give her a proper meal while he could.

Rubbing absently at his tickling nose, he wandered until he found the bread. He chose the cheapest - a small white loaf.

Dismayed, Avery looked down at the change in his hand. It wasn’t much. He wondered if it would be best to skip the medicine and just buy some more food. In the end - and it was likely because Oliver was rubbing off on him - he decided that medicine was important.

Decisions made, he headed for the checkout. There were only a few open and the lines were long. Sighing, Avery joined the back of the shortest line.

“Hnxx!” Avery pitched forward, catching the sneeze in his cupped hand. “S’cuse me,” he murmured, flushing when a woman passing with her trolley shot him a disgusted look.

But his nose wasn’t quite done with him yet. It continued to tickle and itch while the line inched forwards at an infuriating pace. It was only when his eyes started to water and itch and Avery began to question just how much of this was down to his cold.

And then he saw the ornate display of flowers of all shapes and colours by the till and felt his heart sink.

“Hnch! Heh’incx!”

Brilliant.

Avery rubbed at his watery eyes furiously with his free hand, wishing he’d thought to buy tissues but he didn’t think he had enough money left. He’d just have to live with it.

“Ihh…” Avery wanted to get out. He wanted to go home but thinking about home made his heart hurt. He wanted Oliver.

“Ihh..ehh…” If only it didn’t tickle so damn much. “Ishhuh!”

Avery glanced around at the people in the queue with him, trying to gauge their reactions. But he didn’t get a chance before the tickle overwhelmed him and he pitched forward into a fit of silent stifles which left his head spinning.

By the time he placed his items on the counter, he could barely breathe. The display was not four feet from him and he had to keep turning away to sneeze while shoving his items into a plastic bag.

“Huh’eshoo! Hnxt! Hnch! Nxt!”

Without bothering to wait for his change - which would hardly amount to anything anyway - Avery grabbed the bag and ducked out of the shop, stifling sneezes as he went. His chest felt tight and his nose and eyes and throat itched. Hell, it was bad enough having hayfever in the spring and summer months never mind when winter was fast approaching.

---

(Also, I just realised that I wrote two drabbles for blanket. Whoops.)

Oliver..... I can't decide to tell you to finish your work or watch your bf. Don't fail school but at least give Avery a hug and kiss. 

Avery, only a few more days, go help him study and rest as much as you can. 

AdrianMarx beautiful beautiful. *claps*

Awwww poor Avery! :heart: So glad to see that Oliver is rubbing off on him! Now he just needs his boyfriend to realise what's going on so he can come and save him and tuck him snugly in bed and take care of him... Plz! :heart: 

And....I'm gone! Poor baby! Oliver, go take care of him!

On 15/04/2016 at 6:18 PM, Artygirl22 said:

:boom::boom::boom:

Oliver.......pay attention to your bf. :twitch:

Yes Oliver ffs!

On 15/04/2016 at 7:10 PM, Artemis said:

Oliver..... I can't decide to tell you to finish your work or watch your bf. Don't fail school but at least give Avery a hug and kiss. 

Avery, only a few more days, go help him study and rest as much as you can. 

AdrianMarx beautiful beautiful. *claps*

Thank you!!

On 15/04/2016 at 7:51 PM, Juto said:

Awwww poor Avery! :heart: So glad to see that Oliver is rubbing off on him! Now he just needs his boyfriend to realise what's going on so he can come and save him and tuck him snugly in bed and take care of him... Plz! :heart: 

He certainly does need that!

On 17/04/2016 at 6:45 AM, Coffee Chicken Barista said:

And....I'm gone! Poor baby! Oliver, go take care of him!

Oliver can be a little blind to the obvious sometimes :(

20 hours ago, SpamKey said:

OLIVER HELP YOUR BOYFRIEND!!!!!!!!!!

*ahem* I mean... Great drabble...?

*hides in the corner until new update comes*

Hide no more, my friend!

Attitude

Oliver was thoroughly worn out by the time the following weekend came. Taking care of Avery was no easy feat at the best of times but it was like he was making it deliberately difficult. He felt like he was being pushed away, abandoned, forgotten about. He felt like Avery couldn't care less about what this was doing to him. Watching anybody suffer had always been difficult for him, let alone somebody he cared about as much as this.

When Avery shrugged off his concern for what must have been the fourth time that day, Oliver finally fought back.

"What the hell is up with you?" He snapped, anger burning in his eyes. How could Avery not see that all he wanted to do was help. The look of confusion and fear on the boy's face didn't stem the frustration.

"Oli?" He asked quietly, voice croaky.

"Don't call me that!" Oliver growled, suddenly feeling the stress of assignments and caretaking and everything else all at once. "Do you have something against people caring about you because you're sure making this far more difficult than it needs to be. Why can't you just let me look after you like a normal person?"

Avery said nothing which only maddened Oliver further. Did he even return the feelings anymore? Had he ever?

"Heh-ghkt!" Even upon realising Avery's silence was down to the impending sneeze, Oliver couldn't help but keep ranting.

"You just don't give a shit about how I feel, do you?" Oliver went on, knowing that was a blatant lie but it was every niggling anxiety he'd had over the past week and it was all spilling out now. "Well, I'm sick to death of this whole I-don't-need-anybody attitude. If you don't need me, why don't you just tell me so I can stop wasting my time."

That was harsh. It wasn't supposed to come out like that. He meant wasting his time in trying to offer help where it wasn't wanted but Avery apparently took it to mean something else.

"You think I'm a waste of your time?" He whispered, shocked and clearly hurt. And Oliver should have seen it. He should have reassured him and apologised and told him just how much he wanted to look after him. But he didn't.

"That's the impression I'm getting," he said coldly and even as the words were out of his mouth, he knew they were cruel. Without a glance back, he started walking. "Make your own way home,"

Avery watched him go, his whole body convulsing with shivers but not purely from the cold or the illness. From fear, anger. Oliver didn't think he was worth it. Well, maybe he was right. The tears on his cheeks certainly weren't from allergies.

He just stood there, letting his nose run. On any other day, he would have been mortified at the thought. But everybody there was nobody to see. Even if there had been, he wasn't sure if he'd have cared. He barely cared enough about the tickle.

"Ehkght! Hah’ghchu!"

He caught the sneezes half-heartedly in his tissue, not bothering to blow his nose afterwards despite the loosening congestion. God, he was ill. Really ill. He could feel it settling in his chest and now he didn't even have the option of begging Oliver for love. As usual, he'd managed to make a right mess of everything. This had to be why he didn't have any friends besides-

Well, now he had nobody at all.

---

(Forgive me?)

9 minutes ago, AdrianMarx said:

(Forgive me?)

ABSOLUTELY NOT :cry:

*grabs the torch and pitchfork from a box in the attic marked "Camp Libriel Mementos"*

I'm doing it, I'm starting a mob! It's a mob! You've incited a mob!

9 minutes ago, AdrianMarx said:

Well, now he had nobody at all.

HOW. DARE. YOU.

How VERY dare you?!?!?!?

*sobs and waves torch and pitchfork*

6 minutes ago, SpamKey said:

ABSOLUTELY NOT :cry:

*grabs the torch and pitchfork from a box in the attic marked "Camp Libriel Mementos"*

I'm doing it, I'm starting a mob! It's a mob! You've incited a mob!

HOW. DARE. YOU.

How VERY dare you?!?!?!?

*sobs and waves torch and pitchfork*

THIS!!!!!!!!!!

You *beep* *beep* *beep* I can't even *beep* *beep* *beep* with all this angst, oh my *beep* God!! 

HOW *BEEP* DARE YOU???

*joins the mob and summons Excalibur from the fiery depths of "what was buried must remain buried* at Camp Libriel, brushes off rainbow dust and smurf kicks a tiny unicorn away.* 

*Waaaaaiiiiiiilllllssssss*

HOW COULD YOU DO THAT!?! NO NO NO NO!!!!! Make OLI TURN BACK AROUND!!!! AND APOLOGIZE! !!

*joins the mob and summons the Army of Anubis!*

*plays the song: let's start a riot*

ooh ooh ish getting serious. Oh that was awesome. Loved it. I should have known that Oliver wasn't just ignoring Avery. Now, you better fix this. It's dangerous to go alone, here take this *hands helmet *

*joins angry mob! brings own pitchfork and torch*

NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! 

I DO NOT APPROVE!

(But seriously though, this was adorable and sad and it made my heart hurt a little bit...)

NO!

Archived