Sneeze Fetish Forum

Guardian Angel (original fiction, M/M)

Juto

What a terrible nightmare! No rest for the weary. So glad that was just a dream. :)

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Juto

• Arty

• Subtly Clashing Wishes

• Kaze Wo Hiku

Why are you always trying to kill me???

People like Zach give me such anxiety can't he just be ok for a bit...please??

Can people's immune systems even be that low without being HIV+ ?? How is he not dead???

So many questions and feels :(

Why are you always trying to kill me???

People like Zach give me such anxiety can't he just be ok for a bit...please??

Can people's immune systems even be that low without being HIV+ ?? How is he not dead???

So many questions and feels :(

Hi Akahana, happy to see you're back, less happy to learn that I am killing you, that wasn't (for the most part) my intention ;)

I plan to torture poor Zachariah a bit more, but trust me, good things will come his way... Soon!

I imagine that Zachariah was very sick as a child and one of the treatments he was given wrecked his immune system for good! He has good days and happy days, but being true to this forum, I only write about his sick days ;)

How is he not dead? Same way Elias is and has been granted wings and a title of Guardian I suppose. It's a mystery, with just a dash of magic and a sprinkle of imagination! Without it, there's really no point to this thread :)

I'm glad you're still following the story. Thank you for your support! And do look forward to happy, surprised and very mesmerised Zachariah in a few drabbles.

@Akahana--Yes people can have a low immune system without having HIV/AIDS. There are a number of diseases that can depress your immune system, such as cancer, diabetes and various autoimmune illnesses. None of which Zachariah seems to have. (That we know of.) There are a number of medications, steroids most notably, that also affect your immune system. But most of the allergy meds, including nasal steroids, can increase the frequency of contracting viral illnesses. He likely uses such medications given his allergies. Plus, increased stress, poor sleep and poor diet will suppress the immune system. He wins on all three of those. He could have structural issues with his sinuses that make him more prone to developing infections. No idea about that one.

I agree Zachariah gets REALLY sick. I think Juto gave him Elias precisely to keep him alive and that's why he not dead. :)

It would be fun to see Zachariah go to the doctor and have Elias tag along. While he's there he needs a flu vaccine. :D

@Akahana--Yes people can have a low immune system without having HIV/AIDS. There are a number of diseases that can depress your immune system, such as cancer, diabetes and various autoimmune illnesses. None of which Zachariah seems to have. (That we know of.) There are a number of medications, steroids most notably, that also affect your immune system. But most of the allergy meds, including nasal steroids, can increase the frequency of contracting viral illnesses. He likely uses such medications given his allergies. Plus, increased stress, poor sleep and poor diet will suppress the immune system. He wins on all three of those. He could have structural issues with his sinuses that make him more prone to developing infections. No idea about that one.

I agree Zachariah gets REALLY sick. I think Juto gave him Elias precisely to keep him alive and that's why he not dead. :)

It would be fun to see Zachariah go to the doctor and have Elias tag along. While he's there he needs a flu vaccine. :D

Thank you scw that was very informative

Edited by Akahana

Hi readers, commenters, sneeze fetishist and all you other fans of fluffy slash!

Soo... For the purely hypothetical incident that Elias should soon find himself on the more visible and graceless side of his guardianship, and say that hypothetically, the author has a few empty slots to fill...

Are there any scenarios that would be of particular interest?

Feel free to PM me if you have a scenario you would love to read with these two. (I'd rather you PM me than post it here... I hate to be too much of a spoiler since I already have a main storyline I'm sticking to.)

I would love to hear your thoughts and ideas.

And in return, I promise to have a new Drabble up no later than tomorrow.

Thanks again to all you amazing people who take time to read my stories and especially to all you lovely people who leave a comment. There is nothing better than being told that all your hard work is being appreciated! Thank you :)

Sorry... Real life and all that. Here it is I wrote it as a continuation of the last Drabble (same illness anyway), but works just fine as a stand alone piece.

I still have a few "open slots" so feel free to PM me if you have a scenario you would like to see play out before the inevitable ending (for there will in deed be one. It is already planned and outlined, so I promise, this story WILL have an ending.)

Enough jibber jabber, here's the Drabble.

As always, do let me know what you think, do you like it? Hate it? Should Elias sneeze more (he will! Have no fear), should Zachariah sneeze more? Should they... I dunno... Kiss?? Hehe *spoiler* soon soon soon...

Enjoy...

Part 46 - Until the meds kick in

"Ah... Ahtsju! Hatschoo! Snf! Eliaaaaaaaas ..." Zach whimpered before he was taken over by a fit of harsh coughs, finishing off his already dying and severely congested voice. "Mbiserable...! Snf! Ha Hhhhatschtju! Hesshu! Snf! And sndeezy."

Zach fought through the hazy fog of his latest illness. His body had chosen to migrate to 'sore city, and his stomach had honoured him with a performance (and an encore) of what he'd had for breakfast 3 hours ago! Elias had had to carry him, bridal style, back to his bedroom as there was no way his own shaky legs could have supported his trembling body.

Elias had gently lowered him back onto the bed, supported by a mountain of pillows to keep him as upright as possible to make his breathing less strained. Utter exhaustion had left Zach's body in a state of insomnia. He was so tired he could barely keep his eyes open, he desired - no - craved sleep, but sleep continued to elude him.

"Bless you, Zachariah. I know. The meds should kick in soon, give you some relief. Anything I can do in the meantime to take your mind off it?" As he spoke, Eliass hands were roaming Zach's upper body, warming up his muscles to relax them. Every few minutes the warm hands would turn cold and weave though Zach's hair on his scalp, loosening the tension and soothing the ache.

Zach wanted nothing more than to simply bury himself in the rich and mesmerising voice of his angel. He had spent too many miserable days in complete solitude before his guardian had entered his life, and just listening to him, feeling his melodic voice caress the spoken language and the way the chocolate smothered, deep vocal would rise and fall with the composition of words could surely lull him fully into sleep.

"Zachariah?"

"Jusdt keeb talking Mbaster Uniberse."

"Anything particular you want me to say?" Zach felt the smile behind his angel's voice, guessing his guardian had heard the compliment in his request. "I could read to you? I could recap next weeks homework for you? I could tell you juicy gossip from the heavens?" Zach's lips parted in a small smile. Trust Elias to carry gossip between worlds. His smile faded quickly as his lungs chose this moment to release a generous amount of the settled congestion. Elias's strong arms supported his shaking frame as the harsh cough ripped through him, leaving painful scratches in its wake. A glass of the most deliciously cold water was offered to him after the fit. Zach sniffled a few times and cleared his throat, regaining the sorry remains of his voice.

"Tell mbe sombething aboud you."

"Alright. Anything in particular you want to know?" The hands resumed their work on Zach's body and head, making the sick boy sigh in pleasure.

"Umb..." Zach considered his range of topics for a moment before deciding on a bold (and rather intriguing) question. "Eber been in lobe?" A slightly embarrassed flush started to tint Zach's own cheeks as he waited patiently for his angel to answer, but Elias was silent. "Elias?" Concern replaced embarrassment and Zach's fingers fumbled in the air, his eyebrows drawing together until his hands rested to cup his guardian's rather hot (even to Zach's fever warm hands) cheeks. Zach unsuccessfully tried to hold back a giggle at his supposed revelation. Elias, are you BLUSHING?

"Uhm N-No." Came the hesitant and very questionable answer. "Uhm You really Want to know?"

Zach closed his eyes and brought his hands down from his angel's face to rest on his own chest as he nodded, barely containing his amusement. "Jusd undtil the mbeds kick ind."

"Just until the meds kick in." His guardian agreed. Well, I suppose there was this ... girl once. Every soldier wants a sweetheart to fight for, and I guess ... she was mine.

Zach's mind had already started to drift when he was abruptly yanked back into full wake by a sudden viscous tickle in his nose. He jolted upright, straight into waiting tissues as the relentless and growing tickle reached its inevitable point of release. Soft, invisible feathers supported his back, one strong arm draped around his shoulders, the other cupping the tissues to his face as he let go.

"Hmptschoo! Eischoo! Ha Haschju! Snf!"

Zach groaned audibly, resting his heavy head on his brought up knees. Soft, cold hands brushed through his hair, nails scraping deliciously at his scalp, massaging away the tension.

Zach sniffled wetly, burying his face in his duvet on his knees. "Whad was her ndambe?"

"Beg your pardon?"

Zach tried to clear this throat and gave an even deeper sniffle before he raised his head and tried again. "Whad was her ndambe?" His head went back down into his duvet, his shoulders and neck to worn out to hold it.

"Oh ... uhh ... Amelia."

Silence.

"Undtil the mbeds kick ind!" Zach demanded through his duvet, urging his angel to keep talking as promised. The soothing massage stopped and Zach felt himself being gently pushed back to rest against the pillows. He turned on his side, making himself more comfortable. Wanting more comfort than the pillows and his warm duvet could provide, Zach's hand fumbled on the mattress in front of him, searching. A warm hand was brought forward and Zach's fingers tangled themselves in Eliass as he pulled the hand and the arm attached to it into a tight embrace at his chest, cuddling the arm like a child would his teddy bear. Jusd undtil the mbeds kick ind. He offered in explanation. "Blease condtindue."

~~~

Elias spun an invented story of him and Amelia, a character loosely based on his sister, how they had been childhood sweethearts before he went to join the fight in the Second World War. It didn't take long before Zach's eyelids fluttered shut and his congested breath evened. A few muffled sentences followed by a "the end" later, his sick ward was snoring softly, still clinging to his guardian's hand at his chest. Finally able to sleep with the heavy dose of meds in his system, Zachariah looked peaceful, happy even, despite the congestion being so thick he could barely breathe.

The worried angel carefully brushed his sleeping ward's curls away from his forehead, placing a damp and cool piece of linen. He hated lying to Zachariah, but what could he have told him?

"No, Zachariah, I had never been in love Before I met you! What I really wanted to tell you was how you have captivated my heart and soul. I am in love with everything about you! The way your hair automatically arranges itself in thick curls, framing your face perfectly, letting those few precious strays fall down towards your eyes. The way your gorgeous raincloudy eyes seem to sparkle with ever affectionate interest. How they always seem to lock on my eyes no matter where I am, invisible or not. How your cute little nose seem to quiver when tickled, turning you into the most adorable sneezer I've ever laid eyes upon. And don't even get me started on your smiles, your laughs, your voice..." He trailed off, not believing he was really saying this out loud, but at the same time relishing the fact that he was able to.

Zach stirred in his sleep, rolled onto his back and continued to roll on to his other side, dragging Elias's arm with him, practically forcing the guardian to follow.

Resistance was useless, not that Elias would ever dream of resisting such an insisting request from the object of his esteemed affection. With a comfortable sigh, Elias settled himself, gently pulling his feverish and snoring ward closer to his chest, listening to Zachariah's laboured breathing as he counted the seconds until the next dose of medicine.

Edited by Juto07ab

Awww!!! How sweet, Elias making up a girlfriend to keep from admitting the truth. He's going to get caught in that lie, eventually, isn't he? Love how he described Zachariah. Totally adorable.

I just read this entire thing start to current update and Im in love with this two, mostly Elias. I was dying when he was sick. Whiny!Elias was adorable.

The nightmare, omg I thought it was real I had to re-read it a few times to make sure Elias hadnt left. Keep up the wondrful work!

*flies Out of the grave*

Awwwwwwwwwww.

Glad you still seem to be enjoying these :)

Awww!!! How sweet, Elias making up a girlfriend to keep from admitting the truth. He's going to get caught in that lie, eventually, isn't he? Love how he described Zachariah. Totally adorable.

Yeah, he's so smitten with Zachariah, but even admitting it to himself is risky. He's still unsure of Zach's feelings, so spinning this story is simply one way to steer his ward away from even thinking about the possibility of a relationship. Off course Zach is gonna call his bluff eventually! ;) wouldn't miss that argument/confession for the world :D

I just read this entire thing start to current update and Im in love with this two, mostly Elias. I was dying when he was sick. Whiny!Elias was adorable.

The nightmare, omg I thought it was real I had to re-read it a few times to make sure Elias hadnt left. Keep up the wondrful work!

Oh my gosh, thank you so much! Wow, must have taken you a while ;) I'm thrilled you're enjoying these.

*spoiler alert* whiny!Elias will be back, possibly in the... Not so distant future ;)

Haha yeah, it was probably the only fight/leaving scene I could have ever done with these 2. Elias would never ever dream of leaving!!

I Will definitely keep them coming, not sure about the pace, but they will come :)

Edited by Juto07ab

*forever zombie state*

I will always enjoy this masterpiece.

Edited by Artygirl22

*spoiler alert* whiny!Elias will be back, possibly in the... Not so distant future

EEEEEIIIIIIIII <3 <3 Can't wait!

It's a very foggy and dewy wet morning here in southern Scandinavia, sooo.... I believe some morning fluff is in order?! Here it is anyway ;)

Had an argument with Sir Drabble-length and decided to knock him on his ass! Feel free to complain. ;)

Enjoy a silent Zachariah and a deducing Elias. It's still a continuation of the last piece... Or at least it is in my mind... Read it as you please. As always, I love to hear with you think.

Thanks to all you amazing readers and commenters. You all make this so much more fun for me :D

Part 47 - Read my mind.

Zach woke up slowly and was greeted by a most undesirable sensation. There was only one sound to match how he truly perceived his situation. *Groan*! The sensation only worsened when his nose suddenly began to prickle, he lifted his hand to his face, clutching the tissue that was already pressed between his fingers.

“Hm’pftshoo! Hah... Hatschjuu! Snf!” He let out another groan.

Before he had the time to react further or even open his eyes, a thermometer was gently placed in his mouth, the tip making its way to the hollow spot underneath his tongue.

He drew in a ragged breath, feeling the increasing need to cough to clear his lungs. He held it back, waiting for the thermometer to beep.

“I know you have to cough, Zachariah. Can you possibly hold it 10 more seconds?” Zach nodded still not bothering to open his eyes, knowing that he wouldn't be able to see his winged caretaker anyway. He counted in his head, fighting the urge to cough. He could hold it for 10 seconds and probably not a millisecond more.

4… 3… 2.. 1… *beep*. How could Elias have known that exactly 10 seconds would be the sufficient amount of time?

The thermometer was removed and replaced by a couple of tissues. Apparently Elias had already expected Zach's cough to be wet and he was right.

“Tha-” Zach managed before he winced at the scratchy pain in his throat. His voice was almost completely gone and even uttering that one small syllable had felt like rough sandpaper scraping the insides of his lungs and throat. Soft hands were placed around his throat, spreading warmth. Zach slowly opened his eyes, staring blankly at his bookshelves straight ahead, knowing Elias’ face had to be right in front of his.

“Shh… You really shouldn't be talking today Zachariah, you’ve been coughing so much the last few days and now your poor melodic voice is paying the price. Huh, I suppose since you're not going to do any talking today I'll have to prove my worth then.” Zach could hear the smile in his angel's voice and picture the gleam in his eyes that normally came with it.“Don't worry, I think I have a head start already. Don't go away”. Zach couldn't help but roll his eyes, whatever Elias had up his sleeve it was sure to involve spending the day in his bed, not moving, not talking, feeling utterly miserable. His eyes widened when a floating sweater and a scarf came back through his door. The sweater, he noticed, wasn't even his.

”Arms up, please”.

Zach did as requested and found himself in the softest and warmest of sweaters, sweet smelling and… Too big? He raised one eyebrow questioningly.

“It's one of mine” Elias explained as he wrapped a warmed scarf around Zach's throat. “You always seem to snuggle closer to me when I'm wearing it, so I figured you’d be more comfortable in it. I warmed it up a bit for you to keep you from shivering. Acceptable?”

Zach's face lit up in a smile, all snug and warm in the big sweater, feeling the heat spreading from his chest all the way down to his toes.

~ ~ ~

“Hetschu! He… Heg’tshu! Hah… Ahh… Ah’tschju! Haa!”

“Bless you.” Elias gently rubbed Zach's upper back and handed him the steaming mug of honey brew from the coffee table. “Here, take a sip before you cough, it may not hurt as much.” Zach rolled his eyes before taking a sip. How did his guardian know he was about to cough before he had even realised it himself?

Turned out Elias had been right, but Zach's throat still felt sore and scratchy. He started to wonder where Elias had put all the…

“Cough drop? It's the cherry ones. You always seem to smile more when you eat the cherry ones.”

Huh, did he? Zach wasn't aware. But sure enough, if he had to choose, cherry would probably be his favourite. He concentrated in the flavour that swirled around in his mouth. Yeah, cherry was definitely his favourite. He rubbed his neck absentmindedly and felt a lurking tension. He tried stretching his neck but that only seemed to intensify the pain. Huh! It must be because every time he sneezed he…

“Hmm, pitching forward to sneeze can give you a tense neck. Here, let me see if I can't loosen it a bit.”

Zach felt Elias’s fingers, warm and tingly dig their way underneath the scarf to rest on his neck. He imagined his guardian's fingers aglow with a soft and angelic light from the inside as he felt a warm sensation spreading through his sore neck muscles, slowly coaxing the knots to loosen. He leaned into the warm touch, resting his head on his angel’s shoulder as he feebly willed his eyes not to close shut. He noticed the remote on the coffee table twitch and Mr. Darcy froze on the screen, mere seconds before diving headfirst into the lake at Pemberley.

“Can't have you missing the best part of your favourite I-am-sick-and-miserable-series.” Zach felt strong arms pulling him closer against a warm and inviting body, perfectly shaped to welcome his slouching and tired form. Soft lips and the tip of a nose caressed his hair as Zach drifted off.

“Sleep well sweet Zachariah. I'll be here when you wake.”

~ ~ ~

Zach's eyes fluttered slowly open, he cleared his throat carefully, testingly, but found it still raw and sore. He drew a large breath through his nose, expecting to have to use a considerable amount of force to penetrate the thick wall of congestion, but surprisingly, his nostrils had seemed to clear somewhat during his nap. However, he wasn't prepared for the ticklish attack of mint residue in the air. A teasing minty tickle hit his nose full force and Zach pitched forward into a waiting tissue.

“Hi’ishoo! Itschu! Ha’ischu! Snf! Ha’tschu!”

“Bless you Zachariah. Sorry, the mint attacked your poor nose, it always seems to do though. At least you can breathe freely now.”

Zach had to agree with his angel. The mint scented rub worked wonders on his chest and sinuses but it always seemed to tease his nose with minty and relentless tickles.

“I took the liberty of cooking something light for you while you were sleeping.”

Zack cringed his nose slightly. He was a bit hungry, but not really for…

“Not soup, no! I think you're well enough to stomach something a little more tasty.”

Zach attempted a sniff, curious as to what Elias had made him, but the only thing that made it through his nostrils was more tickly, fresh mint. Before his breath had even started hitching, soft tissues were pressed gently against his nose and mouth. Zach looked at the spot were he assumed Elias’s face was and raised his eyebrows as his hands took over the tissues and brought them down to rest in his lap.

“Sniffing the mint rub smell always makes you sneezy.”

Zach continued to stare at the spot in the air where Elias’s voice sounded from, a perplexed look still on his face. His nose felt fine… Didn't it?

“Give it a minute.”

Before Elias's had finished uttering the last word, Zach's body had confirmed his statement by reacting to the ticklish minty smell. Zach felt his nostrils quiver slightly and he raised his head and took a few shallow breaths before the sneezes had grown strong enough to erupt.

“He’itschu! Ah’tscju! Snf!”

“Bless you, Zachariah. I think you underestimate how incredibly well acquainted I am with your body language and senses. To be fair, I have been in this relationship 6 months longer than you have.”

Zach nodded slowly, feeling slightly overwhelmed by Elias’s words. For 6 whole months, his friend had been by his side, caring for him, and Zach had been completely oblivious. The strangest feeling of guilt tied a knot in his chest and before he had time to attempt a controlled facial expression he felt warm moisture filling his eyes with each blink and his breaths started to come in shorter puffs.

~ ~ ~

Elias had been in merry mood, enjoying guessing his ward's needs before Zachariah himself was aware of what was to come. He did not however expect, or even understand, the sad expression that now haunted Zach's features.

He glanced at the living room clock. He was 26 minutes late with Zach's dose of paracetamols. Was Zach in pain? From his fever? Possibly his congested sinuses?

He tugged lightly on Zach's hand, bringing his ward out of his sad reverie. Zach raised his rain clouded and watery eyes to meet Elias’s. Elias let in a tiny gasp, it seemed like Zach new exactly where his eyes were. Even though he knew he was still invisible, Zach's eyes never failed to lock on his.

“What's wrong Zachariah?”

Zach just shook his head, apparently too caught up in the emotion to talk about it.

“I can't for the life of me guess what action brought you to this state. Are you in pain? I know I'm a bit late on your dose of fever reducer, and I'm truly sorry. Tell me please, what did I do to make you this sad?”

Zach was still silent except from the puffs of air that occasionally escaped him, not sobs, but close. Before Elias had time to ask again, Zach had seized a grip on his arm, pulling himself from his own place on the couch to clumsily crawl into Elias arms and nuzzled his head under his guardian's chin.

The angel hurriedly arranged his body to make Zach more comfortable before he wrapped his arms around the sick boy’s shoulders and pressed a few soft kisses to his curly crown.

Judging by Zach's body language, his mood was neither caused by pain nor illness, maybe his features didn't even portrait sadness, maybe, just maybe, he held an ounce of the affection for his guardian as his guardian held for him? An angel could only hope. Elias’s theory was somewhat confirmed as he noticed his ward make an attempt at a voiceless explanation.

Zachariah hugged himself tightly in the thick and warm sweater, placing a kiss on its collar before his hands searched for the base of Elias’s throat where a seemingly grateful and, the angel noticed, slightly blushing Zachariah placed another kiss.

Elias was writhing internally as a fiery hot sensation soared through his body. He wanted nothing more than to seize Zach's shoulders, crash their lips together and let all tenderness, love and care in the entire world flow through his body and into Zachariah. The angel had to pinch himself hard! Zach's gratitude may just be that! Gratitude! Not undying love and devotion. Zach was still sick and probably not in a very make-outy-mood anyway! AND – this he probably should have considered sooner than he did – any intimate relationship between ward and guardian was forbidden! He was putting himself and Zachariah at great risk.

Lightenthemood! Lightenthemood! Lightenthemood! lightenthemoodyousmittenfoolbeforeyoubloodyKISShim!

“So, Uhm” the angel attempted, trying to keep his voice from shaking. “Those blueberry pancakes aren't just gonna eat themselves.”

At the mention of pancakes, Zach jerked excitedly in his arms. Cloudy and shiny eyes peeked up at him through a mass of thick curls and Zach offered him a brilliant smile before he leapt out of his arms and practically ran to the kitchen. Elias took a second before he got up and followed his ward. Thank the gods he was already dead, or that smile, on that boy, with those curls and the most intriguingly coloured eyes Elias had ever seen in his life, would probably have killed him just now! Curses!

I...I.... *falls over dead* CAN THEY BE ANY CUTER??!?! *flails*

*ahem*

@Juto, I can't send PM's yet but in reply to yours Id still love to see more whiny!Elias (hehehehheee)

*ahem*

@Juto, I can't send PM's yet but in reply to yours Id still love to see more whiny!Elias (hehehehheee)

Aww thanks! I'm so glad you like them. I'm such a sap and really enjoy the fluffiest of fluff, so yeah, that's what I try to write! ;)

About your request:

Noted! Mind if I torture him a bit first? I have a feeling my guardian is not going to succumb to illness without a fight. But have no fear, whiny!Elias will be back!

Oh, and yeah, I tried to PM you, but couldn't and then I just copy/pasted the text onto your wall. Whoops :D

*crawls outta of the grave*

Omg!!!!!!!!!!

Awww.... You climbed out of your zombie nest for my boys? :-* thank you Arty!! :D

*crawls outta of the grave*

Omg!!!!!!!!!!

Awww.... You climbed out of your zombie nest for my boys? :-* thank you Arty!! :D

Anytime my friend! *crawls back into grave*

*ahem*

About your request:

Noted! Mind if I torture him a bit first? I have a feeling my guardian is not going to succumb to illness without a fight. But have no fear, whiny!Elias will be back!

Oh goodness yes this is fine XDD

To be fair, I have been in this relationship 6 months longer than you have

Ha! Loved that line.

any intimate relationship between ward and guardian was forbidden!

And now I feel sad for these two. :(

Great stories! Can't wait to read more.

Part 45 - … Always!

So pretending I'm not 3 weeks late to the party... shh, play along:

OHMYGOSH THIS PART WITH HIS NIGHTMARE ALMOST MADE ME CRY! ACTUALLY PHYSICAL TEARS!! My heart... //Yume falls off her chair and sobs

I'm getting too attached to your characters, Juto... WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?? :D

Elias was writhing internally as a fiery hot sensation soared through his body. He wanted nothing more than to seize Zach's shoulders, crash their lips together and let all tenderness, love and care in the entire world flow through his body and into Zachariah. The angel had to pinch himself hard! Zach's gratitude may just be that! Gratitude! Not undying love and devotion. Zach was still sick and probably not in a very make-outy-mood anyway! AND – this he probably should have considered sooner than he did – any intimate relationship between ward and guardian was forbidden! He was putting himself and Zachariah at great risk.

Lightenthemood! Lightenthemood! Lightenthemood! lightenthemoodyousmittenfoolbeforeyoubloodyKISShim!

OHMYGOSH IM INTERNALLY FANGIRLING SO HARD AHHHHHHHH

I think I was thinking the opposite as Elias was... which was something along the lines of...

Kisshim! Kisshim! Kisshim!! BloodyKISShimbeforeyoulightenthemood! :D;)

AFSZDFGHJKLNJBHKGJHFDXGSW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Error 404. Yume is no longer accessible...

To be fair, I have been in this relationship 6 months longer than you have

Ha! Loved that line.

any intimate relationship between ward and guardian was forbidden!

And now I feel sad for these two. :(

Great stories! Can't wait to read more.

Haha thanks. I loved that line too.

Well, if I know my guardian, he'll find some way or other to bend that rule... As long as it's in Zach's best interest... Right?

I'm happy to announce that your wait is over,,, in like, 5 minutes... :D

Part 45 - … Always!

So pretending I'm not 3 weeks late to the party... shh, play along:

OHMYGOSH THIS PART WITH HIS NIGHTMARE ALMOST MADE ME CRY! ACTUALLY PHYSICAL TEARS!! My heart... //Yume falls off her chair and sobs

I'm getting too attached to your characters, Juto... WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?? :D

OHMYGOSH IM INTERNALLY FANGIRLING SO HARD AHHHHHHHH

I think I was thinking the opposite as Elias was... which was something along the lines of...

Kisshim! Kisshim! Kisshim!! BloodyKISShimbeforeyoulightenthemood! :D;)

AFSZDFGHJKLNJBHKGJHFDXGSW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Error 404. Yume is no longer accessible...

Awwwwww, Yume Gurl... Welcome back to posting-land! I have missed you! :D

Thank you so much for your comment! They always make me grin like a total goof!!! I hope you like this next part...

Another (probably over-fluffy) part. It's the only thing I know how to write.. And I'm not even sorry ;)! Thanks again to Icyflame whose enthusiasm always seem to spark my creativity! And a huge thanks to all my readers and commenters! I love your kind words and enthusiasm! They keep me in a writing mood :D

Enough gratitude...

Please enjoy...

Part 48 - Shooting stars

Elias took a step back to appraise his ward’s frame which had doubled in width in the last 10 minutes. “Aww… You look like an adorable, knitted snow man.”

Zachariah panted with heat under the layer upon layer of clothes that Elias had dressed him in. “Elias this is way too m-much… Hh..Haichoo! Snf! Ah’tschju! Snf! We're going to the rooftop, Snf! Not the North…Hh… Pole… ha’itcho! Snf!”

“Bless you! This was the deal Zachariah. You wanted to go up on the rooftop to see the meteor shower tonight and I'm more than happy to join you, but you're still not fully recovered and I am taking no chances with your poor immune system.”

“Arrh, you're such a…Hh… H'atschju! Snf! Guardian!”

“I swear Zachariah, if you sneeze one more time…”

“Hh…A’tishoo! Snf! Sorry!”

“That's it! We're staying put! You're too sick to go outside!”

“No Elias, you promised!” Zach crossed his arms the best he could over his over stuffed chest, sticking out his lower lip as he mumbled something about unfair angelical mother hens towards the floor.

Elias softened at the sight of his heavily padded and pouty ward! How could he possibly resist such a face? Easy, he couldn't!

“Fine, we're going. But you're wearing a third scarf!” He said as sternly as he could manage with the affectionate grin on his face.

Zachariah's entire face lit up and he smiled broadly at the floating scarf that moved towards him. Elias neatly wrapped the scarf around the existing two before tucking the ends down Zach's jacket. The movement brought him close enough to Zachariah to feel the younger man's breath on his face. He was so close that a slight decline of his head would make their noses touch, and if he inched a little bit closer, their lips could accidentally… Elias tensed! Suddenly painfully aware of where his trail of thoughts were taking him and he pulled away slightly. He heard Zach's heavy exhale and only then realised that Zachariah had been holding his breath. Elias took a step back, composed himself and padded his ward lightly on the shoulder, making Zach blink frantically a few times, apparently just coming out of his own daydream.

“Ready to go?”

Zach’s face lit up again and he nodded enthusiastically.

~ ~ ~

“Do you know that constellation up there, Zachariah?”

“You know I can't see where you're pointing, right?”

Elias gave a slightly embarrassed chuckle. “Right, sorry. Uhm, see the black chimney straight ahead? Just above that. The three stars aligned.”

Zach scrunched up his face, as if trying to recall what he had once read. “That's, Orion, isn't it? The aligned stars are his belt… Am I right?”

“That's right. I didn't know you knew anything about constellations.”

Zach shrugged, curling slightly in on himself. “I loved watching the stars as a kid. Discovering how big the world actually was, the hopes, the dreams, the opportunities. My mum used to say that our futures were written in the stars, that if we concentrated hard enough we could get a glimpse of it.”

Elias frowned at Zach's word as he wondered how the night sky could possibly come up with a constellation portraying booze, drugs and neglect of their only child. Obviously Zach's parents hadn't looked hard enough or they would have changed that. What a terrible thing to say to a kid whose future they had been close to wrecking with their neglect and their “business”. He didn't voice his thoughts, determined to not ruin the cozy mood. He was suddenly aware that Zach was shivering slightly in his arms, he was just about to ask if the younger man felt cold as Zach's finger came up to halt his thoughts, silently asking to be excused for a second. Zach sat up straight and bend forward as the sneezes escaped him.

“Hmp’schu! He… Hetschoo! Snf! Ahh… Ahh… Atschju! Snf! Excuse me.” Elias dug a hand in his pocket and fished out a fresh tissue to offer his sniffling ward. Elias had checked and double checked his bag before flying his ward up to the roof. He had brought everything Zach could possibly desire in his slightly unwell state, including a thermos of hot honeybrew that he now offered a slightly coughing Zachariah. Elias felt the initiation of post sneeze and cough tremors down Zach's spine, and before his ward had time to ask for it, Elias had let his hands slip underneath the blankets and crawl beneath several layers of clothing before coming to rest on Zach's abdomen where the angel began the dutiful process of warming Zach up. A process Elias enjoyed just as much as Zachariah. The way Zach's bare skin felt under his fingertips, the way his abs stretched to make more room for Elias’s soothingly warm hands and the way Zach let out a tiny delighted moan as the warmth spread throughout his body. Pure bliss!

“You know,” Elias started, trying not to focus on Zach's toasty warm skin as his fingers rested against his stomach. “According to ancient angelic scripts, the stars represent all the guardian's on earth. They are our tethers, our direct connection to the heavens.”

Zach let out a small chuckle. “Like some sort of angelical wifi or personal messenger?”

Elias joined his ward's laughter. “Yeah, I guess you can say that!”

The boys chuckled for a few seconds more before Elias succumbed to the serene ambiance, bringing out his more philosophical side.

“What do you think the stars are, Zachariah? Other than luminous balls of gas, held together by their own gravity and burning at 18 million degrees thousands of light years from Earth.”

Zach seemed lost in thought as he beheld the night sky. Elias almost believed he had fallen asleep before he finally answered, his voice rhythmic and narrative.

“Galactic travellers in the night,

Their bodies aglow, twinkling and bright

Seeking trails to an unknown quest

We are left to ponder, like all the rest.

Where do stars come from? Where do stars go?

Can I wish upon a star? I'd like to know

I squint my eyes, so I might see

The heavenly message they’re bringing to me.

“Your troubles are many, your burden unjust

Go ahead, make a wish if you must

We hear your plea, my boy, we do

Be good to the guardian we assign to you.”

So I thank the stars with all my might

Thank them for my gift, so pure and bright

I thank them again and they leave from my sight

And I curl up to my angel and sigh in delight.”

Elias chuckled lightly, amazed by Zach's words. He pulled his little poet deeper into his embrace, as he looked adoringly into his face.

“Oh my Gosh, Zachariah, did you just come up with that?”

Zach merely shrugged, a slightly smug look on his face.

“Wow, that was… Poetic!”

Zach shrugged again. “I wanted to be a writer when I was younger. I've always loved books, poems, words in general.”

“But you don't anymore?”

Zach hung his head, his voice growing smaller. “It's hard to cling to dreams when every time I reach for something it's snatched out of my grasp and I end up in bed with just another cold.”

“But now that I'm here?” Elias probed, hoping to add a silver lining to those rain clouded eyes.

“I don't know. Maybe it's okay to dream again?”

“I should think so. You and me, travelling around the world, you becoming a famous author… It could happen!”

“Promise?” Zach asked smilingly as he peeked behind him at the empty air.

“Promise” Elias agreed decisively! He peeked up at the stars; Wishing on them, begging them to let Zachariah’s dreams come true!

He has been through enough! Please just make him happy… Please please please.

~ ~ ~

Elias arranged his body to make the sleeping poet more comfortable as they waited for the meteor shower to begin. He spent the remaining wait gently tangling his finger around in one of Zach's curls, watching the chestnut lock wind and unwind around his finger as Zach snored lightly.

Suddenly, Elias saw a bright reflection in the metallic thermos securely tucked into the folds of Zach's blankets and Elias raised his eyes in time to see the shooting star vanish beyond the horizon.

~ ~ ~

After a few light pats on his shoulder, Zach awoke to a night sky alive with shooting stars.

He felt Elias hug him closer from behind and placed his own hands on top of his.

None of them said anything, both were simply enjoying the natural wonder before their eyes. After the 100th meteor had released it's streak of silver glow across the sky, Zachariah closed his eyes in silent plea.

Please! Let me keep my guardian! I'll do anything! Don't ever take Elias away from me.

I love him!

IM SO GLAD I WOKE UP TO THIS!!! That poem, oh my poor heart, so awesome!! I need me an Elias.