• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Heathcliff

• Cutelittlenose

• Esstrosa

• Bondi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i started animal crossing new horizons in earnest and have put 70 hours into it in the last two weeks and i suspect this pace will only continue

6 hours ago, jejune said:

i started animal crossing new horizons in earnest and have put 70 hours into it in the last two weeks and i suspect this pace will only continue

Admittedly so have I :D the sheer amount of free time I've already put into it... Haha

Looking forwards to the summer update? 

14 hours ago, aName said:

Looking forwards to the summer update? 

yes, very much so! not looking forward to jellyfish attacks though!

I will probably buy the new Paper Mario game even if it gets crap reviews :)

I bought New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe on Switch a few weeks ago. New Super Mario Bros U is a solid game. Maybe not the best game to play after playing stuff like Mario Maker 2 or Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze because it really doesn't live up to those at all, especially the latter game, but it's still fun. I completed it in about a week. I'm playing New Super Luigi U now, which is included with Mario Bros U Deluxe. Once I got used to the wonky controls, I've had some fun with it. Somewhat close to completing that game, which is a lot farther than I thought I'd get.

I also bought Diablo 3 for Switch and Dark Souls Remastered for Xbox One. Might start one of those games soon. Heard Dark Souls is masochistically hard, though also saw a video saying that a lot of Dark Souls is finding the right approach to every situation in order to excel, so that might be cool. :) I'm really not familiar with either of those gaming franchises so we'll see how that goes. 

The Last Of Us 2 (highly recommend if you like story / stealth combat games! I'm biased cause it takes place in my city and it's really cool to run around locations I go to IRL).
And Animal Crossing, still (love checking in on my villagers for a bit each day)

I've been replaying through the Uncharted series recently. I'm currently playing Uncharted 2 which is without a doubt my favorite of the 4.

Highly recommend it for all PlayStation owners!

Currently into Dead by Daylight due to the Fourth Anniversary event, plus it's just been fun to play with friends again~ Aside from that I finally played a bit of The Forest yesterday and, maybe it's because I just like survival games in general, but I've been really enjoying it so far! I wanna get into Bioshock before the year ends, though.

Jedi Fallen Order...its a fun story, plus you get to do a lot of cool lightsaber moves...I am a sucker for Star Wars :)

On 7/8/2020 at 9:14 AM, Bondi said:

I'm playing New Super Luigi U now, which is included with Mario Bros U Deluxe.

I actually loved Super Luigi U much more than I expected, I'm still a sucker for a classic Mario platformer and this was an interesting spin on it. I also enjoyed Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (it looks gorgeous) but personally I think the developer who likes minecart levels can go to hell. :DI have yet to hear someone say "What I really love in video games is a good minecart level."

On 7/8/2020 at 9:14 AM, Bondi said:

Heard Dark Souls is masochistically hard, though also saw a video saying that a lot of Dark Souls is finding the right approach to every situation in order to excel, so that might be cool.

I'm a bit passionate about this game - Dark Souls 1 may be showing its age now, but it's definitely worth a try. I did find this so difficult when I played it - never before has a game made me want to give up multiple times part-way through, but felt so rewarding and interesting to keep going with.

If I can offer some advice- don't do what I did and accidentally walk into the New Londo Ruins at the beginning of the game, because you've gone the wrong way and walked into a late game area at the very start (thank you very much Miyazake!).

And pick the master key as your start-game item as you can take a shorter route into Blighttown (cheating a bit, but this game is hard enough! :))

• 4 weeks later...

Ghost of Tsushima and stellaris ultimate edition PS4. Ghost of Tsushima is excellent! and stellaris I'm not certain about yet but will let you know what I think, when I have played enough to actually have an opinion.

Since Final Fantasy IX recently celebrated 20 years, I’ve started another playthrough. Such a fantastic game. This time I’m going for every skill and spell... it’s time to defeat Ozma. *gameface*

I said I would tell you what I think of Stellaris when I've had a chance to really play it. well I've played it a lot since and so far I find I'm really enjoying it. it's actually pretty good though complicated! just got the Command and conquer remastered set and so far it's also pretty good, I would recommend both to those who enjoy strategy style games.

• 1 month later...
On 8/9/2020 at 8:45 PM, Esstrosa said:

Ghost of Tsushima. it's really good. 

Yes me too! :o:)

Haven't really got anywhere yet but I like the setting and idea so much. Makes me want to watch Samurai films.

If you've got any personal tips about where to go in the first chapter please let me know - it's always interesting to hear about other people's experiences of a game like this.

(Also if you like this, you might like Sekiro, though that's a rather different beast.)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I spontaneously redownloaded A Hat in Time and Psychonauts simultaneously in the hopes that I could beat one or both of them this time around. I'm a sucker for collect-a-thons and they're both such good games

Plenty of Animal Crossing lately.  I'd love to have some decent free time to get lost in a good game (the signature above me is REALLY making me miss getting lost in a good game, I think that's the last game I really fell in love with and got lost in!) but with a game like Animal Crossing I can dip in for a bit and do some stuff and there's no pressure to have the time to complete a whole level  or this or that.

Plus I got Apollo in my village after caving and buying an Amiibo because he is the best villager ever and now I have the best collection of little animal dudes running around.

Trying to beat Breath Of The Wild but that game seem to be beating me instead. (I truly suck at games) 

Getting back into Apex Legends with the new season, along with  Fall Guys just because I need a game that's cute but still got that competitive edge? Also been lurking around in the Long Dark - seriously, if you enjoy various modes of survival in a Canadian wilderness setting, this game is so, so calming, or challenging, depending on what you enjoy. 

• 4 weeks later...

My favorite video games are The Witcher, Mass Effect, Dragon Age and Fallout (3, 4 and New Vegas). But at the moment I'm mostly in a humorous Point n'click period. I remade the famous Monkey Island series, I switched to Anna's Quest and now I'm on the last episode of Deponia. Soon, I aim to make Silence. Are there any other Point n'click fans among you ? ^_^

Otherwise, until my recent TV blackout, I also played Apex Legend, Dead by Daylight, Paladins, and Star Wars Battlefront II MMOs.

@Grey on a Sunday
I also spent long hours playing The Long Dark. I'm also a fan of Survivals like this one and it's one of my favorite survival games. However, I was disappointed with the Campaign mode. By the time I bought it, they had released only one episode out of five. A second episode followed but they finally abandoned the project before the third was released. It wasn't until very recently that I heard that they'd done it all over again and the long-awaited third episode came out. Only, since they started it all over again, all my parts had been completely erased. :unsure:

I have no idea where it is right now, but I think I would wait for the official release of the fifth episode before restarting the game. :razz:

Edited by oOMariusOo