Drabbles!

Quite Contrary

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*melts in a puddle of goo from the cuteness* :blushing:

that was such an amazing drabble! :D

*is lost for words*

Cute cute cute! Love cute sick boys. And other cute boys who take are of them and make them blow their runny noses... :blushing:

HAHAHA! I actually started singing that. And now it's stuck in my head!!!!

The song from the previous page. About the drabbles of love. Sorry. The thing messed up, trying to clear up any future confusion.

Merged posts - obsessed

Hey everybody! Thank you all so much, again and again! Sorry for the longer wait this time. I had a bunch of inspiration...then it died. :) And now I'm reviving it! :blushing: So here we go. Short one, hope you enjoy.

36 – Miserable

It was dark and quiet as Kai sat on the couch, late at night. He pulled the box of tissues closer, sniffling. The television cast a soft glow on his small, pale figure curled under the blanket, staring blankly at the images on the screen. Kai pulled the blanket up, muffling a coughing fit into its folds. For once, Kai let himself feel sorry for himself. His breath hitched and he snatched some tissues, “Hh…hggshu! snf…uhh…h’ih! snf! H’igsht!

He blew his nose, wincing at the gurgling congestion, disgusted with himself. How did he manage to get this sick again? Kai shivered and snuggled more under the blanket. He wished James was here, instead of miles away, on vacation with his parents. Kai sniffled and shivered again. He knew he had a fever, but he wasn’t sure how high. The entirety of his thin frame ached, his muscles protesting the constant chills, and he was so tired but couldn’t sleep for all the sneezing. Which he was about to do again, “Hhhuh…ish! Hptsh’shuh! Nh…snfff! Igsht!

He sighed, imagining James’ arms around him, holding him tightly. Kai quickly pushed that thought away as impossible. Besides, he wouldn’t want James to see him like this, not when he was feeling so…sick. He coughed again, trying to stay quiet. Kai jumped when the phone suddenly rang, piercing the silence. One pale hand grabbed it quickly, and then bloodshot green eyes stared at it, puzzled. Who would be calling so late? “Hello?” he answered, wincing at the roughness and congestion of his voice.

“Kai?”

“James,” Kai breathed the name.

“Hey,” Kai could hear the smile in his voice, “Trish told me you were sick again. I’m so sorry. I wish I could be there. How are you feeling?”

Kai smiled, hearing the familiar concern, “Better.”

Aww :) I loved that last one. Poor Kai... It's so cute how James makes him feel better over the phone. I can't wait for more!

I'm trying to get back into the swing of this, so I can push them out as quick as I was before. We'll see how it goes ;) In the meantime...mmm. Coffee break :)

63 – Control

James watched absently as Kai took a sip of his more-chocolate-than-coffee drink and wrinkled his nose, giving it a quick rub. Kai sighed contentedly. “So what were you working on today?” James asked him.

Kai smiled, immediately interested in the conversation and dove right into the details of his latest painting. James took the opportunity to sniff quietly, trying to nod and smile in all the right places. But his concentration was elsewhere. He took a sip of his cappuccino. “How is it?” Kai asked.

James glanced up, “Iih…it’s good.”

He grabbed a napkin, wiping the foam from his mouth while trying to inconspicuously rub his nose, a little harder this time. Kai looked at him suspiciously, “You okay?”

James nodded, “Y-yeah. I’m fiiihne.”

For now, at least. The serving girl’s perfume had been so strong though, and he was fighting against a persistent tickle. It was possible that he was losing. Kai accepted it however, and continued with the pains of oil paints and turpentine. The brunet scrubbed viciously at his nose when his boyfriend wasn’t looking. He was not going to have a fit in the middle of this packed coffeehouse….

Hh…nh…hhhg!”

James froze, his breath hitching almost silently. He pinched his nose quickly and glanced at Kai. His boyfriend was staring out the window, sipping at his drink and people watching. The tickle seemed to fade. James sniffled and opened his mouth to ask Kai how his drink was when the tickled flared stronger than before. “Hiihhh…hh’ih…ih! Gshhuh! Nhh…h’ish! Ehh…hh! Hkt-shu!

James snapped forward tightly with each sneeze. He sniffled and his breath hitched again, “Uhh…hh’uh…H’ischuh! Ischt! Hiihh…Ngktsh!

Each time he tried to stifle, the tickle seemed to grow, torturing him. He didn’t have to wait long for the next set, “Gh’ih! Igst-schuh! Huh…Huh’eptshuh! Uh…heh! snf…h’ih’eh…heh! Idschuuh!

He glanced up, sniffling pathetically behind steepled hands. Kai looked at him wide-eyed and passed him another napkin, “Bless you.”

James took it and blew his nose, blushing. So much for self-control.

Love the feedback, as always. :)

Really REALLY cute! :D I just lovee these drabbles.

I don't even like allergies all that much, but I definitely love how you write! Keep going!

• 2 weeks later...

Awwww :rolleyes:

James nodded, “Y-yeah. I’m fiiihne.”

He was not going to have a fit in the middle of this packed coffeehouse….

James took it and blew his nose, blushing. So much for self-control.

I especially loved these lines. :lmfao: That drabble was brilliant! :lmfao:

• 6 months later...

So I actually started this before and then stopped. But I'm starting it again, if anyone is interested. The other thread is here :D: http://www.sneezefetishforum.org/forums/in...c=37839&hl=

If someone wanted to merge them so that it's clear that the old thread is being continued, they could but I don't know how so...I thought I'd just start a new thread. Hope that's okay. Anyway! Still all James and Kai, my favorite boys. And yes, I realized these are too long to really be drabbles but they do respond to the 100 drabble list and they're shorter than a real story. So. :laugh: That's that.

Enough blabbering, here's the good stuff!

4 – Fake

Kai was slumped at the lunch table and the bruise-like rings under his normally brilliant green eyes were disconcerting. Staring listlessly at his food, he pushed it around absently with his plastic spork. James was concerned. He’d been out sick so much this quarter already; if he missed too many more days, the office would drop his grades. He couldn’t afford to be so exhausted. “You okay?” the brunet asked quietly.

Kai nodded half-heartedly. If I could just get him to go home and rest… James rubbed his nose absently, then stopped and stared at his hand. Glancing over first to see if Kai was looking, he gently pinched the bridge of his nose, brushing lightly over the tip just to be sure. “Ehh…H’ngtschu!

James saw Kai sit up, frowning at him a little. He sniffed a little and rubbed the tip of his nose carefully, his nostrils flaring slightly as the itch returned. “Hh…h’ih…itschu! Itsch! H’hh…Eptshuh!

James sniffled back his now runny nose. Kai moved closer to him, concerned. “Are you feeling okay?”

James shrugged and sniffled again for good measure, “I’ve felt worse. I’m sure I’ll be fine when I get a little sleep…”

Kai brushed back James’ hair, “Maybe you should go home early. I could take you if you wanted…?”

James smiled, “That’d be perfect, actually.”

Back at James’ house, the brunet was changed and ready for a nap, but Kai seemed ready to head back to school, his duty done. James curled up on his bed, trying his best to look tired and pathetic. “Kai…” he said quietly, “Do you think, maybe, you could hold me? Just until I fall asleep?”

Kai yawned instinctually, and then blushed a little. “Um…sure. That sounds fine.”

Curling up against James’ warm body, his green eyes already seemed to be slipping shut as James held him close. “Just until you fall asleep,” Kai mumbled, unaware of James’ satisfied smile as the boy in his arms drifted off.

54 – Needles

Kai shuddered as he followed James out of the clinic. “How often do you have to get those shots?” he asked again.

James shrugged, “Once a month, only when stuff is blooming. No big deal.”

Kai looked unconvinced. He hated needles. He glanced at the band-aid James now sported. “I really don’t know how you do it,” Kai said.

The brunet just shrugged again, “I guess it’s better than the alternative.”

He stopped on the sidewalk, looking at a bed of brightly colored freesia. Bending slightly, James picked one blossom and twirled it thoughtfully between his fingers. He paused, then brought the bloom to his face and inhaled deeply. Kai watched as James’ nostrils flared slightly, his breath hitching. Kai quickly pulled a pack of tissues from his pocket, holding them ready. James wrinkled his nose, “Hh…h’ih! Snf…heh’ih heh! H’itsch! Ish! Isht! Snf…

James took a deep breath, waiting as his nose tingled and itched for the next set, “Uh…heh’uh…Hih! Gktsh! Snf…H’isch-isht! Hehhh…snf…hm. Hh! Ehh…Eptshiu! H’ish! Snf…nhh…Idschuh!

Blinking watery blue eyes and sniffling, James glanced at the flower and smiled a little. “Definitely worth it,” he said, tossing the flower on the ground and taking the tissues Kai offered him, ignoring the roll of his green eyes.

One of each boy to get y'all started. Comments are always appreciated! :worshippy:

YAY!!! this is amazing I love it! you should so continue! I also love how you spell the sneezes. thanks so much for writing this! :worshippy::D:laugh:

Ok, so these two are actually connected and there's two more drabbles to this little story coming soon!

27 – Disagreement

James pushed open the door to the art room, staring at the note in his hand, “Hey, Kai? I have a meeting after-”

A congested cough interrupted him and he glanced up, focusing immediately on the boy hunched over one of the tables. Stuffing the note in his pocket, he quickly stepped over to Kai, rubbing gentle circles on his back. When the coughing stopped, he frowned at the dark head, “You’re coughing again.”

Kai shook his head, shooting James a quick smile, “It’s just the charcoal dust. You know it gets to me.”

As if he had a point to prove, he turned his face into the crook of his arm, “Hh…Hgkt! Gkt-tshu! Uh…Heh-mptk!

James’ frown didn’t waver. “Are you sure you’re okay?”

Kai nodded, running a wrist quickly under his nose. He stood to shake out the paper in front of him, but turned again, “H’ih! Nh…Huhh…hptshuh! Snf. Just dust.”

James carefully took the paper from him, blowing off the dust away from the boy. He smiled hesitantly at Kai, and turned to put the drawing away, sliding it into the correct spot so Kai could wash the dust off his hands. James turned back, watching Kai shiver as the cold water hit his skin. The smaller boy sniffled distractedly, then choked, beginning to cough again, his hands dripping water on the floor as he jerked away from the sink. When the fit ended again, Kai looked up to see James standing in front of him, looking worried. “Kai…” he begain.

Dust.”

“What dust?” James asked softly, brushing Kai’s hair out of his face.

Kai pushed his hand away and rushed to gather his things. “I’m fine,” he muttered, shoving his way out the door, “I’ll see you after school.”

75 – Heartless

James wandered out of the long meeting, glad it was finally over. What a waste of time. Walking through the halls, the brunet poked his head into the art room. “Hey, Kai, time to…go?”

James stared into the dark and very empty room. Frowning, he walked quickly to the main entrance, stepping out onto the cold and, again, empty stairs. “Shit,” he said, eyes darting around in search of the dark head.

Shit, shit, no, shit! James panicked, feeling his stomach sink. Kai was gone. James had forgotten to tell him about the meeting; it had slipped his mind, replaced by worry about the returning cough. He yanked his keys out, running to his car, and was out of the school lot before he could think.

James had managed to find his way upstairs before he even realized he’d arrived, almost running into Trish in his daze. Her eyes blazed when she saw him. Chucking a damp towel at him, she spit out, “He waited for you!”

“I know,” James mumbled, his stomach in knots as he stared down at the towel.

Trish stamped down the stairs and disappeared for a moment. In the sudden quiet, James heard coughing and winced at the painful sound. When it stopped, the silence was filled with another muffled sound, “Issht! …Igsht! …Igschuh! ……Yischt!

More stomping announced Trish’s return before she spoke. She barely glanced at James as she snatched the towel back, dipping it in the bowl of water she had brought from downstairs and carefully wringing it out, folding it neatly. Her tone betrayed her calm actions, “You made him walk to the subway. His cough is worse, his fever is spiking, how could you do this? How could you be so-”

Trish broke off when she caught James’ flinch out of the corner of her eye. She stopped her arrangements and finally looked at him. James stood staring at his empty hands. Aware of the sudden silence, he flinched again as though Trish had slapped him. James raised red-rimmed blue eyes to her, his chin dimpling. His voice came out a broken whisper, “Is he gonna be okay?”

Comments=love :yay:

Archived