Sneeze Fetish Forum

Drabbles!

Quite Contrary

I can't believe I haven't commented on your drabbles yet—they're awesome! I love Kai and James! Now I am really interested in Kai's backstory. (hint-hint, nudge-nudge :yay:)

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This one is back towards the beginning of James and Kai's relationship, not super early but...not as into as some of these past ones. And speaking of Kai's backstory, here's a little bit of it in this one, ig... :laugh:

43 – Contagion

James was surprised to see Kai in the library afterschool, hiding at one of the back tables with his head in his hands. He approached the table, confused, “Kai, you missed the bus. You should be home resting….”

Kai shook his head without lifting it, pressing one hand against his nose. “Hgkt-shh! Hehh…Hmptk!” he sniffled, “Can’t. I’m contagious.”

James thought for a moment and then sighed. “Oh,” he said quietly, “The other kids?”

Kai nodded, sitting up and rubbing his nose. He didn’t look at James, “I don’t want everyone in the…at Hope to catch this.”

Kai never said that word. Orphanage. Orphan. James felt a slow ache in his chest, wanting to take away all of Kai’s problems, give him everything he should have. “Hhh…Igkt! Hiikt-shuh!” Kai’s quiet stifles interrupted his thoughts.

James stepped forward, covering one of Kai’s thin hands on the table. “You could come home with me,” he suggested softly.

Kai started and blushed, staring at their hands nervously. “I…” Kai seemed at loss, “But - I couldn’t…I’m…I’m….”

“Contagious, I know,” James finished for him, squeezing his hand gently.

Kai’s eyes shut tightly. James brought his other hand to brush against the side of the boy’s pale face, tracing his jaw, tilting it up towards him as one thumb gently brushed his flushed cheek. Kai opened his eyes, looking guilty. “Come home with me,” James requested again, “Please.”

Kai looked torn and James tugged on his hand, just a little. Kai stood unsteadily and followed James out of the library, his hand firmly intertwined with James’.

Thank you all soooooo much for the comments and support so far! It really helps >:D

Awwwww, I like seeing them earlier on! They're both so cute in this little part. I feel like I read these just to catch up with James and Kai and not for the sneezes, which are just a bonus! >:D

Thank you all soooo much for the comments. Scion, that made my day. These characters are like my babies haha so...that people like reading about them is really great. Oh dear, sad boys... :cry: Kai just gets sick way too much...

64 – Unfair

James was fairly excited to be taking a healthy Kai home with him, his parents out of town, to stay over a while. He was just happy that Kai seemed to be feeling well after his last nasty cold. “So I was thinking we could go try that new restaurant and then maybe see a movie afterwards, if that sounds good to you,” James said, pulling out of the school parking lot.

When there was no immediate response from the passenger’s side, James glanced over. Kai was frowning, a hand absently rubbing his forehead as he stared out the window. “Kai, are you okay?” James asked, concerned.

Kai snapped out of it, smiling at James ruefully. “Yeah, I’m fine,” he said, admitting, “Just a little headache. That restaurant sounds good.”

James smiled back, “We’ll get you something for that as soon as we get to the house, okay?”

James handed Kai a pill and a glass of water, joining him on the couch. Kai took them both, swallowing them quickly. Setting the glass on the coffee table, Kai paused and took in a quick breath, “Hh! Hgkt! H’kssht!

James frowned a little, “Bless you.”

Kai smiled at him, blushing a little, “I’m fine, James.”

The brunet nodded, standing to clean up the glass. When he got back from the kitchen, he stopped in the doorway, watching Kai’s back for a moment. The smaller boy tugged at his sleeves, shivering a little. He stiffened, then snapped forward tightly, “Hptshuh! Hhh…Igsht!

James frowned and walked over to Kai, who sniffled quietly, trying not to shiver again. “Cold?” James asked, worry in his tone.

Kai hesitated, “A little.”

James sat next to him on the couch, pulling Kai close to him, pressing a kiss to his forehead, both cheeks, and finally, sweetly, his mouth. He pulled back, his voice soft, “You’re really warm.”

Kai stiffened, his green eyes darkening. James brushed his dark hair away from his face, “I think you have a fever.”

Kai ducked his head, sniffling quietly. “Sorry,” he mumbled.

James frowned and cupped Kai’s cheek, turning his head to look at him again. Kai’s eyes were filling with tears, his expression miserable and ashamed. James brushed away the tears from the corner of Kai’s eyes, shocked. “Hey, love,” he said softly, “What’s wrong?”

The tears continued silently, Kai’s voice trembling, “You wanted to go out. I ruined your night.”

James shook his head and pulled Kai completely into his arms, his hot forehead resting against his shoulder. James spoke softly close to Kai’s ear, rubbing gentle circles on his back, “I have a better idea. Let’s order in some Chinese food and watch a movie. We can stay curled up like this the whole evening, and you can fall asleep on me.”

James felt a hand creep up to press against Kai’s nose. “Hih…Hkt-shu! Hmptk!

Kai sniffled and pressed himself more tightly against James’ chest. His breath caught in a choked sob. “’s not fair. I don’t wanna be sick anymore…” Kai whimpered, and James just held him and let him cry.

Just fyi, Kai is not a cry-baby. He really isn't, I promise, he's pretty tough usually but everybody has their days. Hope everyone enjoys, as usual! :(

Kai stiffened, his green eyes darkening. James brushed his dark hair away from his face, “I think you have a fever.”

Kai ducked his head, sniffling quietly. “Sorry,” he mumbled.

James frowned and cupped Kai’s cheek, turning his head to look at him again. Kai’s eyes were filling with tears, his expression miserable and ashamed. James brushed away the tears from the corner of Kai’s eyes, shocked. “Hey, love,” he said softly, “What’s wrong?”

The tears continued silently, Kai’s voice trembling, “You wanted to go out. I ruined your night.”

Kai sniffled and pressed himself more tightly against James’ chest. His breath caught in a choked sob. “’s not fair. I don’t wanna be sick anymore…” Kai whimpered, and James just held him and let him cry.

OH MY GAWD! AWWWWWWWWWWW!!! This little section killed me.

Double awwwwww!!! I don't blame him! If I were sick as often as Kai, I'd be blubbering all the time! Aw, I wish these boys really existed! And I know how you feel about James and Kai--all my characters are my babies too! They're so close to my heart. :(

Oh the poor honey! But James always takes such good care of Kai. That makes me happy that he's got someone like that.

You rock so much for creating two characters that I wish were real people! :(

Aww thank you everybody!! I'm so glad people liked that last one :) Well, I'm going to be gone for a week (sorry :)) But I'm not abandoning this thread yet, so I will be back! But before I go, two cute drabbles for two cute boys!

15 – The End

“James, you really need to sleep,” Kai tried for the thousandth time.

James frowned, irritated, and shook his head, sniffling stubbornly. “I can’t. My head hurts and my nose is too stuffed. See?” James sniffled again, and then ducked his head into the crook of his arm, “H’idjschuh! Snff!

Kai wanted to laugh; James could be such a baby when he was sick. Not always, but sometimes, when he was really tired, he could be such a pain. He knew the brunet was feeling awful though, so he resisted the urge to roll his green eyes. “The medicine should kick in soon, so why don’t you just lie down again,” he coaxed, “I’ll tell you a story.”

James crawled back into bed, but gave Kai a look of disbelief, “A story? I’m not five, Kai.”

Kai shrugged, lying down next to him on top of the covers. “I’ll bet you’ll be ready to sleep by the time it’s over.”

James couldn’t reply, his breath hitching, “Hhuh…h’ih! Eshuh! Hh…Ngtssh! Snfsnf.

Kai watched the brunet snuggle under the covers more and he started stroking his hair gently. James couldn’t hold back a sigh of contentment, even as he mumbled, “It’s gonna have to be a long story.”

Kai smiled at the challenge. Keeping his voice soft and low, soothing, he began, “Once upon a time…”

Hgsh-schuh! Snff. Sorry.”

Kai pressed a kiss to the back of James’ head and continued, feeling James slowly relaxing beside him. As the cold medicine worked its magic, James’ breathing loosened and evened out, only the occasional sniffle breaking the quiet rhythm. Kai had watched the brunet sleep peacefully for a solid five minutes before he finally got to whisper, “The End.”

100 – Airplane

James looked at the smaller boy critically. His skin was paler than normal, cheeks and nose flushed to match, green eyes dull, chills racing through his body occasionally. In short, Kai was a mess, a sick, miserable mess. James pushed the bowl of soup closer to Kai, saying patiently, “You really should eat something.”

Kai’s expression changed from pure exhaustion to nauseous to ticklish. He lifted a sleeve wearily, muffling a weak double against his wrist, “Hihh…Issht! H’igschuh!

James blessed him and waited, looking pointedly from Kai to the spoon and back. Kai sniffled and looked at the soup like it would bite him. James sighed, then smiled suddenly. He picked up the spoon and dipped it in the soup, holding it in front of Kai’s face, waving it around carefully while trying not to spill. “C’mon, open up for the airplane!” James said, grinning.

Kai stared at him for a second before a slow, tired smile spread across his face. He leaned forward, opened his mouth and let James feed him the spoonful. He sat back and shook his head, amused. “Who raised you, anyways?” he asked, his voice scratchy and congested but there was laughter in it, “It’s supposed to be a choo-choo train.”

James laughed and felt something in his chest loosen when Kai chuckled quietly with him. James dipped the spoon in the bowl, bringing it back up again, but his smile faltered when Kai turned his head away, “Kai…”

Kai shook his head, “N-no, I’m…hh…gonna s-sneeze…Igst-shu! Snf…Huh’tschuh!

Kai sniffled, turning back towards James. James held the spoon closer. “Bless you,” he smiled, “Now, choo-choo train?”

Kai nodded and opened his mouth again.

Thanks for all the support so far!

Awww, I know we all have our days, and I know exactly how Kai feels today :lol: I feel so sorry for him, and I 'm also really jealous that he's got someone to hold him all night long and to be there for him >:D Haha :) I love him even more now!

James is soo sweet! I love it! And OMG!!!!! I thought it was only MY Dad who knew that!!!! I grew up with both and then watched as my neice and nephew were brought up with the same thing too! Works every time! Thank you! Just what I needed to cheer me up today! :cryhappy::D

Hey, I'm back! :proud: And with another (silly) drabble! Hope y'all are still enjoying this :cheers:

59 – Mother

James wandered aimlessly through the department store, touching cashmere sweaters, squinting at sparkly jewelry, and dragging Kai with him. Standing in the center of the cosmetics area, James sighed heavily, “I swear, I have no idea what to get my mom for Mother’s Day.”

Kai shrugged, looking curiously at all the colored bottles of perfume glittering in on top of the display counters. For once, he was glad he didn’t have to deal with this type of thing. “I dunno,” he said.

James sighed again, rolling his eyes. “You’re supposed to be helping me,” James reminded him.

Kai picked up a random bottle and sniffed it, raising an eyebrow when he couldn’t smell anything. “Okay,” he replied and James turned towards him, interested, “How about this?”

Kai sprayed some of the sweet perfume at a very shocked James. The brunet staggered a step back, waving a hand in front of his face, his nose wrinkled. “J-jeez, Kai!” he exclaimed, “What dihh’ih! D-did you do that f-for? Hhhh-hih-hih!

Kai set the perfume bottle back where he found it, laughing at the expression on James’ face. James exploded in a fit of ticklish, allergic sneezes, “H’ish-issht! Hehh…Ischt! Snf. Oh, m-my…Hiihh! Idschuh! Ish! H’ih…Heptshiu! Uhh…Snff! Gsht! H’ischu! Snf! Ha’idschuuh!

James sniffled pathetically as Kai stared wide-eyed, trying to look innocent. A disgusted looking salesman offered James a single tissue before stalking away in a huff. Kai couldn’t hold back the escaping giggle. James wiped his nose and shot Kai a ‘look.’ Still grinning as they hurried out the store, Kai said innocently, “Maybe not.”

And bringing in other characters...cuz the boys can't be alone allll the time :P Just a reminder, Trish is Kai's bff, a sassy little blonde. She was in a previous drabble.

28 – Assignment

James was sitting in the library trying to finish up some homework that was due before class. A small blonde walked up to his table, a determined gleam in her hazel eyes. “James,” she said softly.

James hummed distractedly, trying to concentrate on the words in front of him. The blonde frowned, one hand sneaking over to pick up one of James’ textbooks from the table. She slammed it down on the table with a bang!, half the library turning to stare for a moment. James jumped a foot in his seat, looking wildly around. “Shit, Trish!” he hissed, “What the hell is wrong with you?”

“James,” she repeated calmly, “I have an assignment for you.”

James stared incredulously. “Yeah, well, I have several already and they’re due next period,” he whispered, gesturing at the papers spread around him with annoyance.

“James!” Trish’s tone sharpened along with her gaze, “Kai just interrupted our math class trying to cough up a lung.”

James eyes widened, worry flooding him. He nodded in understanding and began to gather his things.

James found Kai outside his next class, apparently trying to get all of his coughing out of the way before the bell rang. When he stopped, he seemed drained of energy, trying to just breathe normally. James steadied him, gently gripping his shoulders. He led him carefully out of the way of other students. “C’mon,” he said quietly, “I’m taking you back to bed.”

Kai shook his head stubbornly, “No, I’m fine. I can make it.”

Blue eyes softened. “Kai,” James said tenderly, “Look at me and try that again.”

Kai glanced up at him, but his nose twitched, “Hp’tshuh! Hh…Issht!”

James raised an eyebrow as Kai sniffled, silently daring him to argue. Kai looked at James, hesitating, and then nodded in defeat. James wrapped an arm around his shoulders, guiding him to the nurse’s office. Trish came around a corner just as Kai sneezed out another quiet double and gave James a satisfied half-smile, “A plus.”

Hope you enjoyed!

Poor Kai. Annoying Trish. Sweet James! Are you sure they can't be alone forever haha jk! They're so cute togetherrrrr.

Ok, so I have another drabble mini-story. And here's the first bit! Again, more characters. Alex is another (orphan) who's actually Trish's biological brother. He's...kind of an ass sometimes. Yeah. Kai is a good boy, I promise! All I'm gonna say for now, on with the drabbles!

23 – Alcohol

Alex rolled the glass bottle carefully and quickly under the bed as Kai walked into their room. He was bored tonight and looking for a little fun. “Hey,” he said with a slow smile, “Want a drink?”

Kai glanced at him, rolling his eyes. “No, Alex,” he said, dropping his backpack on floor, his voice a little rough, “I have a headache already. And I don’t drink.”

Alex pouted, trying to look hurt. “I know that!” he protested, “C’mon, there’s nothing in it.”

Kai eyed him warily, absently giving his nose a good rub. Alex widened his eyes, offering the glass of mysterious contents. “Trish even had some,” he tried.

That seemed to do it, as he’d hoped it would. Kai hesitantly took the glass and sipped it. He nodded, “It…hh…it’s good. H’ishuh!

Alex looked the boy over. “Getting sick again?”

Kai’s eyelids fluttered, his nose wrinkled, “I thiiiihh! Think so. Yischt!

Kai swallowed the rest of his drink and Alex refilled it from the pitcher on the nightstand. “Here, have another,” he said reassuringly, “It’ll make you feel better.”

An hour and several drinks later, Kai sneezed out a rather messy double and made to stand up, mumbling something about needing a tissue. The room seemed to swim in front of him and he grabbed Alex’s shoulder to stay upright. Aiming himself away from the blond, his breath hitched again, “H’ih… Igksht! H’issht!

As he straightened, his head throbbed and it felt like his brain was sloshing around dangerously inside his skull. He looked at Alex, who smiled innocently. “Oh, fuck,” Kai mumbled.

Feedback? :)

Hmm, that was very interesting! Kai is kind of a little dummy lol! Too trusting, I guess. I miss James. :) But I liked the addition of a new character!

Thanks for the comments! Yeah, so not Kai's brightest move. But you try to trust the people you live with, you know? Especially when they're your best friend's brother. Nobody's perfect...including my boys :bday: By the way, I forgot to mention: this little series of drabbles takes place earlier on in their relationship. Not as early as "Contagion" but no where near "Unfair" either. So...middle-ish early. Okay. I don't know if that made any sense. :kisscheek: Shut up, drabble time.

20 – Fight

Kai woke up the next morning feeling like death warmed up; whatever he had been catching last night was most definitely caught. It felt like a goth-techno rave was going on somewhere between his temples. Kai tried to sit up but laid back down instantly, his stomach rolling dangerously. He swallowed; this is why he didn’t drink. He shouldn’t have trusted Alex….Suddenly, someone snapped the lights on. Kai squeezed his eyes shut, groaning involuntarily. “Hey, sleeping beauty.”

James. Crap. Kai opened his eyes again to see the brunet standing in front of him. He managed a small smile, sitting up as slowly as possible. “Hey,” God, but his throat hurt!

James frowned, his expression warring between confused and concerned. “You okay?” he asked, “You don’t look so great.”

Kai nodded, his eyes fluttering shut, “Hh…hmptk! Hih’hptk-shh! …ow.”

James looked him over carefully, brows coming together. “Bless you…what’s wrong?”

Kai rubbed his nose, sniffling even though the pressure was already killing his head. “Nothing,” Kai lied, keeping his voice soft, “I’m fine. Hihh…Hgkt! Igsht!

Kai winced. James just stared, putting the pieces together in his head. Lights. Movement. Sound. “Jeezes…Kai, are you hung-over?” he demanded incredulously.

Kai felt sick, looking up at James’ expression, the shock in those blue eyes. A soft, “Please don’t shout,” was all he could manage.

James swore, pacing away from the bed and back. “You’re hung-over!” he exclaimed, “What the hell?”

Kai had never seen James so angry before. “It was an accident,” Kai began, desperate to explain.

“How do you accidently get drunk?” James yelled outright, “Jeezes, Kai!”

Kai couldn’t look at James, his face flushed and eyes downcast. His head throbbed. “H’ish! Snf…Hgsht! I didn’t mean to…” he whispered, stifling his sneezes painfully against his wrist.

James didn’t appear to be listening anymore, fuming instead, “I can’t believe you. I can’t believe I drove out here to pick you up and you were drunk last night!”

“It wasn’t my fault!” Kai insisted, his voice cracking.

James didn’t even look at him. “Whatever, Kai. I’m really disappointed in you,” he said, stalking out of the room.

The door slammed shut behind him. Alone, Kai lost himself in the silence.

...feedback? :boxer:

“How do you accidently get drunk?” James yelled outright, “Jeezes, Kai!”

:kisscheek: nice one! *can´t stop smiling* :boxer:

Ohhh, interesting! You are gonna pick up where you left off, huh, huh? :boxer: Seems like that silly James is always getting himself into situations where he has to apologize to Kai for not listening to him haha. That boy needs to use his ears!

Archived