Sneeze Fetish Forum

Movies That Make You Cry

Nicole

I cry constantly in countlessly many movies.

I cried in UP! at the beginning montage of their life and at the end, with the whole "Thanks for the adventure, now have one of your own" and he leaves his chair behind.

I cried for basically the entire last half of Toy Story 3, having grown up with that series, plus I was about the same age and I was moving out at the same time, so it hit hard.

Heck, I even cried in Wreck-it Ralph, when he finally comes to accept himself for who he is, and then tries to sacrifice himself.

Once, when I went to watch the Les Miserables movie with my brother while it was at the cinema, as we were walking out, he (who normally doesn't cry in movies) said "Man, I cried so many times in that movie. How many times did you cry?" I responded "Once." He gave me a funny look and said "Only once?" So I clarified: "Yeah, only once... for about two and a half hours."

So I may be a cold-blooded mercenary, but somewhere deep inside beats a heart of gold. Now if only I could dig it out and sell it. I'd be rich!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. The Breakfast Club.

2. Mary and Max

3. Frozen

Those are my top three.

Last movie I cried to was Her, I think. Such a profound exploration of human intimacy and loneliness, and Joaquin Phoenix is soooo good in the lead.

Last movie I cried to was Her, I think. Such a profound exploration of human intimacy and loneliness, and Joaquin Phoenix is soooo good in the lead.

Was that good? I want to watch it, but my dad heard it was overrated and at the last minute didn't take us :(

Was that good? I want to watch it, but my dad heard it was overrated and at the last minute didn't take us sadsmiley.gif

Oh, I thought it was very good! I warmly recommend it. :yes:

Every single movie. Most recently, I saw "Heaven Is For Real" yesterday. Look up look up look up don't cry. *Looks at friends* good. I'm not alone :P

Every single movie. Most recently, I saw "Heaven Is For Real" yesterday. Look up look up look up don't cry. *Looks at friends* good. I'm not alone :P

My mom and I saw that! It was an amazing adaptation of an amazing book.

Every single movie. Most recently, I saw "Heaven Is For Real" yesterday. Look up look up look up don't cry. *Looks at friends* good. I'm not alone tonguesmiley.gif

The book was so much better. Made the movie seem not as awesome as it is :P

Every single movie. Most recently, I saw "Heaven Is For Real" yesterday. Look up look up look up don't cry. *Looks at friends* good. I'm not alone tonguesmiley.gif

The book was so much better. Made the movie seem not as awesome as it is :P

That is true. I LOVED the book when I liked the movie a lot. There's a fine line.

Ok, this is gonna sound weird, but I ALWAYS cry in movies that have some high-pitched character in grief or something, So basically in Wolf Children I was sobbing the entire last segment of the movie. And some Pokemon movies. Now that I think about it, I cried at every Studio Ghibli movie ^^; Its like something in my brain connects high pitched voices to intense grief and thats somehow wired to my tear ducts XD

Also, Pursuit of Happiness. That movie hit home hard for me, it took only remembering a scene to get me teary-eyed haha.

Also, the movie Colorful. Im realizing more and more that Im a sap XD

• 3 weeks later...

The Notebook

A Walk to Remember

Marley and Me

My Sister's Keeper

Heaven is for Real

I cry at wayyy too many movies... That list up there goes on...

The only film guaranteed to make me cry every time is Beaches. I have to have the tissues nearby

I have to confess to crying at E.T in the past

• 3 weeks later...

Fault in Our Stars

YES. This should be the top post on this forum.

before seeing TFiOS the trailer for If I Stay played and I teared up at that. So that means the movie is going to as sadly beautiful

I finished Brokeback Mountain today and wow, I cried so much after the movie. Like a few people have said, I'm such a sap.

Oh my gosh, I saw "The Fault In Our Stars" last week and bawled like a baby. That was the first time I ever cried at a movie theater. Ever.

• 2 weeks later...

Les Mis. The bit where Enjolras and Graintaire get shot while holding hands just gets me every damn time.

I've been meaning to post in this thread for some time now, but always figured it'd be easier to list the movies that do NOT make me cry, haha. Nola = huge sap. However, I guess I might as well list a few of the ones I can think of off the top of my head....

Mrs. Doubtfire

Fly Away Home

Love Actually

Many Disney movies... :P

Breakfast At Tiffany's (when they can't find the cat...)

What Dreams May Come (think I cried throughout the entire movie)

Million Dollar Baby

practically every movie where an animal dies (see Disney movie above, haha)

Fried Green Tomatoes

Steel Magnolias

most Steve Carrell movies (for some strange reason...)

About Last Night

The Help

Pay It Forward

Passion of the Christ

John Q

The Ron Clark Story

The Blind Side

Hmm, this is probably a good place to stop...I think I've more than made my point! :D

• 1 month later...

This ones weird, but Guardians of the Galaxy. I cried, like, four times during that movie! That just means it's a good movie because just about every expression while watching it! turned.gif

Go Chris Pratt! teehee.gif

Yeah, I watched "Maleficent" for the third time this evening, and I cry even worse each time. I just wanna hug her. :bawl:

The Notebook

Titanic

Forrest Gump

What's Eating Gilbert Grape?

The Lion King

Eight Below

I am Legend (When his dog dies)

Tuck Everlasting

P.S. I Love You

Extremely Loud,Incredibly Close

The Great Gatsby (Leonardo Dicaprio version)

UP (The beginning flash backs)

Land Before Time (When Little Foot's mom dies)

Marley and Me

Bambi

Jeez,I honestly didn't realize how many movies actually make me cry...

FromTheOtherRealm

Bridge to Terabitha (love that movie)

Pay it Forward

Thomasina

My Sister's Keeper

Marley & Me

Aquamarine (at the end)

That's all I can think of at the moment

I'm not really a person to cry over movies a lot, I know, I know, there's ice in my soul. But there's a few movies that I've cried during.

Cyberbully

Girl In Progress

Lion King

Bambi

That's all that I can think of right now.

Archived