Sneeze Fetish Forum

Movies That Make You Cry

Nicole

Twelve years a slave.....my god and All Dogs Go To Heaven..not part 2.the one with the little girl.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I honestly can't say whether I should have expected this or not, but Interstellar almost had me a couple times. I always try to resist reacting outwardly if I'm seeing a movie in the theater, but I think this one would have gotten me if I wasn't there with anyone I knew.

The Imitation Game. YMMV, because my breakdown crying was directly related to a parallel between the movie and my own experience, but...yeah.

Just going to admit right now that I'm a crier. Most tear-jerking movie I've ever seen was Miracle in Cell Number 7, think I bawled almost the entire way through. If you're looking for a good cry, go for that one.

Oh man, I definitely wasn't expecting it, but Interstellar really got to me, too.

Some others that come to mind:

Boys Don't Cry

Persepolis

Turner and Hooch - I saw this a long time ago, but basically,

any animal buddy-comedy where the animal fucking dies at the end and I'm done for. The movie can be complete garbage, but that premise will still get to me.

Big Fish

El Laberinto del Fauno (Pan's Labyrinth) - I remember watching it for the first time at the cinema with my brother and trying to play it cool when I was actually BAWLING my FACE OFF. I saw the ending coming miles away, but it was just... so many things at once.

The Iron Giant - UGH, my tender little heartstrings.

Milk

Rent

Never used to cry during movies; I've just gotten sappier over time, I guess. heh.gif

Oh man, I definitely wasn't expecting it, but Interstellar really got to me, too.

Some others that come to mind:

Boys Don't Cry

Persepolis

Turner and Hooch - I saw this a long time ago, but basically,

any animal buddy-comedy where the animal fucking dies at the end and I'm done for. The movie can be complete garbage, but that premise will still get to me.

Big Fish

El Laberinto del Fauno (Pan's Labyrinth) - I remember watching it for the first time at the cinema with my brother and trying to play it cool when I was actually BAWLING my FACE OFF. I saw the ending coming miles away, but it was just... so many things at once.

The Iron Giant - UGH, my tender little heartstrings.

Milk

Rent

Never used to cry during movies; I've just gotten sappier over time, I guess. heh.gif

Oh man Big fish and Pan's labyrinth......dayum....my tears flow with those. As for Persepolis...i read the book but the movie...the animation...;_; and yeah any movie where an animal dies or alone and abused..

I will cry...

• 1 year later...

I just watched this movie "A Walk In My Shoes" from 2010 starring Nancy Travis. At first it seemed like one of those movies that tries a bit too hard to make you reflect on life, so I was just about to turn it off when I realised I was actually pretty touched, so I watched a little longer, and bam! Now I'm crying.

Pride. Man, that film. I did not have enough make-up on me to put my face right afterwards when I saw it in the cinema. It's not even an overtly sad film but there were so many tears.

Marley and Me...I was bawling at the end. The Fault in our Stars gets me every time too

The Dog of Flanders - The animated version. Oh my God, I was crying so hard I couldn't BREATHE. 

Tuck Everlasting - Suuuuch a beautiful film (and novel!). I can't believe she didn't wait for him.

The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas - I generally break down at Holocaust movies, but this one...ohhhh, this one had me in howling hysterics. 

The Theory of Everything - I watched this on a flight from England to Florida, and I had to lock myself in the plane's lavatory because I was UGLY CRYING and getting stared at from my fellow passengers. :lol:

Brokeback Mountain - "Jack, I swear." :cry: 

Beaches - I always lose it during the "Wind Beneath My Wings" song part. 

Atonement - This movie was so unfair. SOOOOO. UNFAAAAAAIR. 

13 hours ago, Spoo said:

I watched this on a flight from England to Florida, and I had to lock myself in the plane's lavatory because I was UGLY CRYING and getting stared at from my fellow passengers. :lol:

This could've been me! :lol: Bless your soul, Spoo!

The movie that I only watch if I'm prepared for bawling my eyes out is "The Lovely Bones". Good God, that movie is so beautiful and so, so incredibly sad! :cry::heart: 

Also, I have many movies about surfing and I often cry even though nothing sad happens, just looking at the waves, because they are so gorgeous and amazing and I really, really miss the ocean, okay?! The most recent one I cried at was "Chasing Mavericks", I think.

THE MOTHEREFFING TITANIC AND TUCK EVERLASTING (A BOOK THAT MAKES ME CRY ACTUALLY IN SCHOOL AT THE TIME IN CLASS..A WALK TO REMEMBER BY NICHOLAS SPARKS)  legit I have the best mom ever I got it as a Christmas present 

On 8/23/2014 at 4:36 PM, Sophie83540 said:

I'm not really a person to cry over movies a lot, I know, I know, there's ice in my soul. But there's a few movies that I've cried during.

Cyberbully

Girl In Progress

Lion King

Bambi

That's all that I can think of right now.

SAMMMMMMMMMME GODDAMIT MUFASA WHHHHHHHHY

I'm a person that cries at like every Disney movie but Zootopia made me cry? idk whats wrong with me, a lot a lot but ya. I think Inside Out makes me bawl aswell. Lilo&Stitch2. The Good Dinosaur made me cry. To name a few.

• 2 weeks later...

I have watched and/or cried at more films since I posted in this thread so here is an update because I an sappy as heck.

Dead Poets Society - NOBODY WARNED ME

Pride - Every single time, I am a mess. The end just ruins me. And it's not even sad crying (well, it is a little bit). It's just so overwhelming. 

Field of Dreams - How about I just hit myself in the head with a rock? I'm sure that would be less painful.

The Voyage of the Dawn Treader - owowowowowowowow so much pain. So many tears. I don't think I've ever actually seen the end because I just burst into tears and everything gets too blurry. Narnia, I swear. It hurts.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On April 12, 2016 at 8:24 PM, Adrian said:

Dead Poets Society - NOBODY WARNED ME

Oh god, Dead Poets Society, watched it in my English class and I swear I had to leave, I was SO not prepared. 

Also, when Dumbledore and Snape die in Harry Potter... I was a wreck... for like a week. I read the books so I knew, but it still got me. 

On 6/21/2014 at 5:58 PM, Deadsh0t said:

Les Mis. The bit where Enjolras and Graintaire get shot while holding hands just gets me every damn time.

This. I just bawl and bawl and bawl at this part. 

Big Fish had my crying, and ET had me crying at the end. 

Blind side, I cryed when Michael put his arm in front of the air bag

The Truman Show...at multiple parts. 

Cyberbully...The entire thing 

There's many more, I'm such a huge crybaby

• 3 weeks later...

Beaches

Terms of Endearment

What Dreams May Come (At least when it first came out. I was about to have a major surgery at the time and had also recently fallen in love, so i was an emotional mess anyway)

Into The Woods. Every time I watch the final song with the mother's spirit singing to the daddy and the baby, I fall apart. I'm tearing up right now just thinking about it. There are definitely others, but I can't remember at this moment.

• Spirited Away 
  • The Color Purple 
  • A Series of Unfortunate Events (mainly the ending)
  • Contagion (There were some heavy moments in that one)

Y'know, I know there are more but, they just aren't coming to mind at the moment...

Well, we can go ahead and add Room and 12 Years a Slave to my list.

Only movie I remember a tear actually coming out for was Titanic in my adult life. 

I think I probably cried for Land Before Time when I was a kid and What Dreams May Come is sad also.

Anything where someone is sad and lonely gets to me.  Everyone told me how funny Muriel's Wedding was supposed to be but there's this scene with her mother waiting expectantly to see her and the face she makes as everyone walks past her and ignores her...I actually get upset thinking about it.  I can't stand anything like that.  The beginning of Oliver & Company too.  The poor kitten getting left behind!  

And anything with older people being sad-unfulfilled dreams,  or missing people from their life, or regrets.  And don't even get me started on if Alzheimers is involved.  Death Of A Salesman (a play, but was adapted into a movie so it counts)...just the title can make me start to feel sad.

So basically I can handle a character dying a brutal, tragic death better than them living a long life and being lonely and full of regrets at the end of it.  :huh: 

• 2 weeks later...

The climax of Wrath of Khan can usually do it to me.  Million Dollar Baby had me and every he-man in the theatre crying like actual babies.  That's all I can think of for now.

Archived