Sneeze Fetish Forum

Warbler drabbles!

stephab13

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awwwww you guys are all so lovely! Thank you!

So I'm mean and horrible and don't have an update. I had my final MST today, so I have three exams (11th, 14th and 17th of June, and other than the last one being on my birthday I'm pretty happy!) and I'm done for semester!

I'm working on a Niff update. And iif there's anything you want to see, please let me know!

Also - because I know how wonderful you all seem to be - of course during my Immunology test I find myself getting sick. So if anyone at all wants to write me anything...? :P Because I'm mean and horrible and want someone else to feel my pain. :P

Okay. It's 2 am. Cute boy just dropped me at home. I am going to sleep before I actually die.

Love you all! And should have an update soon!

Okay gudluck on ur exams and what not. I have my exams next week aswell D: soo u get too writing Drabbles for everyone after mkai pretty please? I love these drabbles

Sooooo.....Goooooood.... Must HAVE MOOOOORRRREEEE!! :drool: I love your drabbles! they are just amazing and so well written! and they just keep sending me to the grave over and over and over stretcher.gif:dead:

Oh, gosh. This has taken me waaaaay too long to get done. Uni's been on, I have a concert in 10 days (and we just learnt choreography tonight... :o ) and my wrist has decided to be evil again, so I guess that's my excuse. Also, my Muse is horrible.

So, I have a shot here for NightWolf, who asked for fetishy!Nick and Jeff with a cold and allergies... It's a little interpretation here (well, what else do you expect from me?) but I hope it's okay? I'm... not entirely happy, the transitions seem a little jarring, but... eh. It's well-overdue. And, it's not terrible... I hope... :P

Also, I have news!!! So... I'm not sure how obsessive you guys all are over them... but did any of you see how Dominic Barnes, the stunning voice and face of Trent, was offering a couple of people the chance to sing with him and Luke Edgemon? I... may be one of those people. So I get to meet him! Not until January - so I have to get through exams and a whole other semester and GRADUATE (OMG) beforehand... but I still can't get over it! I've... had fun arranging potential songs... :P

Okay, I think that's all for now. Feel free to throw prompts at me, and I'll try to get round to them soon! I do have exams, but I'll be done in a month, so... even if I don't update often, I promise I will look at everything and do my best to get things up on occasion!

And, here we are. Drabble 60! (HOMG HOW?)

Prompt: Chromosome

Characters: Niff :D

“Shit!”

Papers flew through the air as (thank absolute GOD for drama and 5 second changes!) Nick propelled himself back from his desk, karyogram slipping between random pages of Life. He threw on a jacket, somehow managed to tie on his shoes, brush his teeth and squirt some cologne as he raced out the door… in less than a minute.

It was his date night with Jeff. A small meal at Two Seeds, before going to see the local production of RENT. And they were meant to be leaving in 5 minutes if they wanted any hope of making their reservation…

Bloody Biology. Stupid assignment. Should have set an alarm.

He must have been flying, was Nick’s only thought as he finally found himself knocking on Jeff’s door.

“I’m sorry I’m so late, darlin’,’ of course my stupid drawl comes out, ‘I was trying to diagnose a trisomy…” His words dropped off as he started to take in Jeff’s appearance – white shirt, black tie, leather jacket, as elegant and hot as always… but so unrecognisably pale and exhausted… “Are you alright?”

Hehhh… hep-TSCH!” Jeff sniffed, but smiled anyway. “I’m still breathing… but maybe no kisses tonight?”

“What’s wrong?” Nick prompted gently, pulling him over to the bed to sit down.

“Honestly, I’m not too… hk’TCH’oo!... too sure. Probably a cold. There’s stuff going around,” he shrugged, resting against Nick’s shoulder.

Nick’s gut twisted over a little. It wasn’t often that Jeff ended up so vulnerable… though at least he didn’t seem overheated… “You still want to go out?”

“Yeah, I… I do…” But he paled further, and stood up quickly. “Excuse me a minute.”

“Jeff?” The blonde was already in the bathroom by the time Nick had registered the weight lifting from his side. “You alright?”

He was answered only with a horrible sort of coughing and retching.

Shit.

Nick hurried in behind him, grabbing a cup from the bench and filling it with water before dropping by Jeff’s side, rubbing his back gently until the shudders died down, then pulling him back against his chest, helping the cup slowly to his mouth.

“I’ll take that as a no then?”

Jeff sighed, relaxing a little further into Nick’s arms. “I’m sorry. I took Emetrol earlier but apparently it hasn’t taken effect yet…”

“Oh, darlin’…” He brushed back Jeff’s bangs, kissing his sweaty forehead. “It’s not your fault. These things happen.”

“I know… I really want to go out though…”

Nick cocked an eyebrow. “You really want to go to a restaurant when you’ve… well you took meds so I’m going to assume gastro?”

“Well, I wouldn’t risk eating but… yeah, out with you sounds amazing…” Jeff sniffed, his breath starting to hitch a little… “Tish’uh! Hep-tchoo!

“Bless you.” Nick’s gut squirmed again, somewhere deep… but, no. He couldn’t. Not with Jeff feeling as horrible as he currently was.

“I feel a lot better now, if that’s any help?”

Nick shook his head, pulling his boyfriend even closer to him. “It’s okay, Jeff. Don’t worry…” He ran a hand down the blonde’s arms, feeling each tiny hair spark up under his touch. “You’re fighting a fever too, aren’t you?”

He just nodded, and Nick could tell even without glancing into the mirror that he’d be blushing now.

“Are you better enough to jump into bed? Or do you want to camp out here a little longer?”

“Bed’s good,” he muttered, barely offering any resistance.

“Good… That’s good…” Nick murmured sweet nothings in his ear as he helped Jeff back to his feet and stumble through the door into the twin room… very glad that Sebastian was home for the weekend. “Stay here. Sit.” He helped Jeff lower himself onto the edge of the bed before turning around to the closet, searching for any sort of ratty old pyjamas.

“You don’t have to look after me, you know,” Jeff rasped. “You spent so much money on those tickets. Take Trent or someone out…”

“I’ll give them to Trent. He and Jon need to get out, I swear. They’re worse than we are… again…” Nick smiled as he thought back to the two… it had been rocky, sure, and Jon was still… uncertain. But, whatever the hell their relationship was, they were good for each other too. “And, I’m not leaving you here! You looked after me all the time last year. You have to let me return the favour.”

He still hadn’t gotten over that nightmare… All the sickness, the hospital trips, the missing school… Learning to count time by a series of beeps… And that constant uncertainty, just not knowing, when he’d get better, when it would stop hurting, when it would all make sense again. But, throughout it all, he’d had that one major constant in his life – his family… Jeff playing a large part of it.

“And if anyone knows a thing about stomach bugs, it’s me,” he continued, turning back around. “So you’re going to be a good little patient and let me take over for once, okay?”

Jeff was biting his lip, face bright red… and Nick knew he was trying not to laugh. But as a shudder tore through his body, he relaxed, drooped almost, like he didn’t have the energy even to giggle. “Okay, doc,” he finally managed to get out, voice flat… breath yet again catching. “Hhh-PSH-u!

“Bless you!” Nick plucked a couple of tissues before finally sitting down again. “You’re sneezing a lot… even for a cold…”

He shrugged. “Mbaybe I’mb getting worse? I only took stuff to stop mbe spewing.”

Nick hummed. He tugged gently at Jeff’s shirt, pulling it over his head and helping him shrug into one he’d borrowed a long time ago from Nick – cotton, soft, comforting… Handed him a pair of ‘trackies’ too, and tried desperately to think about anything other than the contours of Jeff’s abs… how they seemed to be sucking in, tightening…

IESHU! … Ah, crap. I’mb sorry.”

“You’re adorable. Don’t apologise.” He waited by the side as Jeff blew his nose, then crawled into bed behind him, cocooning them both in the blankets. He had to be careful though… while he’d managed to tighten that control, and was perfectly fine with cuddling normally… this was Jeff. Very very sick and vulnerable Jeff.

Heshoo!

Who, it would seem, couldn’t stop sneezing…

Hhh… h’k’chnxt!

He was suddenly very aware of the warmth pooling at the pit of his stomach… “Bless, Jeff. Poor baby.”

But the stifle seemed to have stopped it momentarily… Jeff rolled over, looking deep into Nick’s eyes, searching… but for what? They were so tired, so dark… and… hungry?

“You alright?”

Jeff licked his lips, in that manner he always had, that always got right down into Nick, made him instantly lean in. “Kiss mbe…”

“What?”

“I kndow what’s going ond. I cand feel it…” Jeff sniffed, flicking his nose. “And, before you ask, any sort of kink or fetish or whatever… it’s absolutely endearing and I love you regardless, okay? So… ISH’uh!... So kiss me?”

Nick didn’t need telling twice. He hadn’t even realised that he’d closed the gap between them when he found his lips pressing into Jeff’s, all dry and chapped and almost sweet but just his, and his hand was snaking around Jeff’s neck and into his head, pulling him forward, possessively, swimming in his scent, the vanilla and cinnamon and the hint of sickness from that moment, his own tongue lashing out to help moisten Jeff’s, exhaling tiny amounts out to help him with the air he knew otherwise he’d be struggling with, and feeling that all returned, the warmth against him, the straining in, the puffs of air against his skin that made his hair stand on end… He bent a leg up, his hand moving from its cup around Jeff’s jaw and travelling down, floating over his chest, right over his heart, feeling that heart beat to mirror his, the straining and depressing of the breaths that mirrored his, then pushing his knee over to his back, pulling his entire body right up to him, fitting together like sister chromatids during division.

But then Jeff was pulling away, rolling aside… his chest yet again jolting. “Ish’oo! Heh… Hep-TCH! Hehishoo-ish!

“It’s getting a lot worse, isn’t it?” He asked quietly, trying to will his heart to quiet.

Jeff nodded. “Ligke that timbe with your colognde…”

His eyes were reddening too… exactly like the time with the cologne… Nick swore. “I… may be the cause of it…”

Jeff smiled a little. “You were rushigg add you did’t look?”

Nick nodded sheepishly.

“I bedt you did that ond purpose!” But Jeff leant in again, aiming higher, going for Nick’s forehead. “It’s okay. Simbple mbistake.”

“I should get rid of it… You’re sick enough as it is…” Nick sat up, helping Jeff do the same. “Want a bath?”

This time Jeff nodded, just once, before leaning back onto him, letting Nick take his weight, take control.

“Alright. Up you get…”

Jeff was still smirking a little as he sneezed his way back into the bathroom. “Hey, Ndick? Uh…” He bit his lip, and it took all of Nick’s control to not just kiss him then and there on the tiled floor. “Let’s, uh… don’t throw oudt that colondge, alright?”

“How about we get you better and me non-allergenic again?”

Jeff sniffed, blushing. “Add thend we cand have sombe fund.”

Nick too burnt red. “Then we most definitely can have some fun.”

That was... That was... I have no words for how amazing that was like gawd you're an amazing writer<3

:drool: Oh.... My..... God..... you have NO idea how happy you just made me! That was amazing! I love love love it! Thank you sooooooo much! Sneezy Jeff is just so.... GAH! I'm not even coherent right now! *flails happily* I love you! *virtual tackle hug*

I have no life, seriously..cause I've read all the Warbler drabbles at once! and fell in love with Nick :heart: he's adorable!

So frail and cute and always sick awww (and I love that you mention asthma and the inhaler)

Anyway all of your drabbles are awesome, there's a reason why I couldn't stop reading through all of the pages haha! :D

I'll patiently (not) wait for more updates ^_^

• 2 weeks later...

Awwww. You guys are all so lovely. I'm glad that you're enjoying them, whether you're familiar with my boys or not!

So, it's exam time... again... meaning that I'm bursting with creativity. Especially after my concert last night! I arranged all the music for my a cappella choir, and I duetted as well, so if you want links, I'm sure eventually it'll go up on YouTube :P But, yeah, life at the moment is basically sleep, complain, study, repeat :P So... I wanted some Huntbastian to brighten up everything :P

Set around uni age... because I've decided that Seb is on the path to law and Hunt is doing biomedical science :P NERDS. I love them. And so you get this fluffity-fluff from them :P ... Also planning on updating Born This Way soon, if anyone is interested :-)

Okay. And here we go!

Remember, I'm always open to prompting, so if there's anything you want to see, please let me know!

Also, holy hell, HOW did this end up at 25,000 views?!

Prompt: Defiant

Characters: Huntbastian

Heh-NGXT!

“Bless you.”

Heh… chgnxt!

“Bless you.”

Ngxt-choo!

“Bless you.”

Heh…

“Oh, Jesus Christ. We should take you home, Hunt.”

“Damn, lost it.” Hunter cocked an eyebrow at his boyfriend as he finally allowed himself to melt into the soft cloth of a handkerchief. He’d been battling what he thought was simply allergies along with stress and lack of sleep due to upcoming exams… but then tonight, after changing and showering and getting ready for one of the few nights that both he and Sebastian could fit into their busy schedules, his throat had started burning, his chest filled with fluid, his head turning to a lead balloon… not, of course, that he could let that get to him. He’d fought much worse for competitions back at school – so surely he could push himself through dinner and a movie, right?

If only Sebastian weren’t so observant. It had only taken a coughing fit or two for the guy to become concerned – moreso than a garden-variety asthma attack should warrant, anyhow. And then, when the decongestant had started to wear off and the sneezing had started up again, he’d turned into a mother hen. It’d be pretty amusing if it weren’t so damn annoying!

“I’m fine, Sebastian, honestly.”

Seb frowned, fingers playing lightly over the tablecloth. “You’ve barely touched your soup, you’ve been coughing and sneezing, and you won’t let me touch you… which tells me that no, Hunter, you aren’t fine.”

“I can take care of myself,” he muttered, shifting awkwardly to avoid the hand now coming to meet his forehead.

Sebastian just clucked, drawing back. “Fever?”

He shrugged. “I’ve always got a fever now. You know that.”

“Cell count?”

“No worse than it was last time.”

“Bloody infiltrate?”

“Non-productive cough... NgJTCH’uh!

“Bless you.” Sebastian shifted over, pulling out a pack of tissues as he placed a gentle hand on his back.

“Thanks,” Hunter couldn’t help but fold into that touch… even trying to protect Sebastian, that closeness, that bond that only they shared, it was too alluring, too powerful. “And, babe, please stop worrying. I’m the med student, I’m the sick one – I know what I’m doing.”

Seb bit his lip. “I know, I know. But it’s my job to worry…” But he picked up his fork again, twirled some spaghetti around. “You need to eat.”

Hunter wrinkled his nose. “Can’t. Wrong noodles.”

He could almost see Sebastian’s inward groan. Instead, his boyfriend picked up a spoon and pulled Hunter’s bowl over. “You aren’t Nick, so cross-contamination won’t kill you… Are you going to make me do airplane noises?”

Hunter didn’t even have the energy to argue back, and instead just pursed his lips.

“Hunt, baby, come on. You have to have something… or else, we’ll go home…”

He sighed. In truth, he wasn’t sure how much he’d be able to stomach… especially with the FODMAPs and meat and God knows what else in that soup. “No. You wanted to see a movie. We’re going to see a movie.”

“And I’m going to spend the entire time worrying about you. I don’t understand why you can’t just admit to not feeling well!”

Hunter pushed his plate away, finally leaning down into Sebastian’s shoulder, sniffling. “Imagine this for a second, okay?” His heart fluttered, and he coughed, pushing deep from his chest… not a good sign. “Sorry. Okay. So, you have a chronic illness, one that makes you get sick often and hit hard. You get bad enough and a cold can kill you, but with good enough control you have a longer life expectancy than any ‘normal’ person.”

Sebastian kissed his temple, nodding, quiet, but still strong, supportive.

“And any time you get anything, you worry. Because in the past, you get a cold that turns into the flu that turns into a week in hospital with a tube in your chest. Or you feel sick to the stomach and you end up on antibiotics that make you even sicker than the bacteria causing the food poisoning because you can’t clear the damn thing.”

Sebastian nodded again… he’d been through similar experiences, Hunter knew – not quite to the same extent, but enough to empathise.

“But, then, sometimes you get good bugs. Bugs that just stick around longer, but don’t need hospital. And when you get sick, you pray it’s one of those. And you hope.”

“Hospital isn’t fun.”

Hunter paused to wipe his nose. “No, it’s not. And, people worry about you. Sometimes unnecessarily. I know I have… control issues. But, I don’t like people to worry about me. Because hospital scares people… so I just… don’t tell them. Unless I have to… I don’t like worrying people, scaring people, especially when it’s unwarranted. My disease scares people enough… enough… enough as it is. hhhhGISHH’oo!

“Bless you…” But otherwise the boy remained silent, running a hand over Hunter’s back as he breathed.

He hadn’t told him that before… hadn’t really told anyone before. Clare got it… but Clare just got things. But admitting that, admitting that he was flawed, that… everything… it just… it felt right. If he’d ever doubted Sebastian, this was all he’d need to remember back. That he wasn’t afraid. That he could be the rock… both of them could. And, somehow, both of them could draw water out of the other too.

“Look, I’m not any more worried about you than I normally am. But will you let me take you home?”

Hunter shook his head.

“Hunt, please. I want to look after you. I’ll make you soup like David used to do, and we can rent a movie and just cuddle up on the couch… as utterly gay as I make that sound.”

That did sound amazing. His stomach growled.

He could feel Sebastian smile in response, the puff of warm air on the back of his neck. “Alright then. You ready to go?”

A final nod. “Thank you.”

“No, thank you. I know this is a huge step for you.”

He nuzzled down into Sebastian’s chest, finally letting him lead on. “I love you.”

Sebastian pulled him in close. “Love you too, dork. Now let’s just get you feeling better.”

Awwww. Poor hunter. I just want to hug him and cuddle him and make him feel better

And huntbastian is my favorite pairing.

I feel so guilty for wanting more. But it was so good. I NEED more. I loved it

I love huntbastian so much!!! Maybe another seb one soon? :D I love these can't wait for an updateee

Awwwwww! This was adorable! Extremely well written! Maybe another Niff update soon?

I cannot even tell you how many times over ive read ALL the stories you post about these guys! it feels so good to be able to now express my gratitude now that im a new member!

So, I swear, this is the reason I cannot sleep (no, nothing to do with exams or starting PLL or the insane amount of caffeine I'm getting by on, no, not at all... whistling.gif ) but, hey. If I feel icky, then I can make my characters do so too. And, while for me it's been allergies, the amount of times I've sneezed today has been inSANE, so I decided to take it out on Seb. Just for Ruskie :P

So here is drabble 62! Hope you guys enjoy it!

Prompt: Powder

Characters: Huntbastian. Again. Because, damn it, they are pretty adorable…

Hep-choo! Hep-choo! Heh… ehhh… eIJCH’oo!

Hunter gave a small grimace as the boy sneezed into his shirt, plucking out a handful of tissues from the box by the bedside table. “Bless, Bas.”

“Ugh…” He could feel the moan rattling through his chest. “Itches so bad…”

He bent over to kiss the back of his head. “I know, baby. The meds will kick in soon.”

“Wand to stop sndee… sndee… hep-choo-heh’ISH’oo!

“I know, I know.” The kid had gone and gotten himself sick yet again – Hunter put it down to stress of looking after Hunter and the Warblers while still maintaining all his extracurriculars AND straight A’s… eventually something had to give. Apparently this time it was his immune system, which refused to clear this cold or flu or whatever the hell it was – even Hunter had managed to get past it, which really was saying something. And now he was left with the wreck of a boy in his arms, every day praying that it would stop, that there’d be some flash or spark of that old, snarky self… not this weak little kid instead.

“Wand to feel better.”

He clutched him tighter, instinctively, like a child their teddy bear when weathering a thunderstorm overhead.

“Hundty’s ndice and warmb. Hundty mbake things good.” Sebastian glanced up at him, eyes foggy with fatigue and cold medicine.

In times gone past, he would have just rolled his eyes at the nickname, at the drunken mess in his care. Maybe he would have mocked him, turned the name back on his roommate, or taken advantage completely of the situation and seen how far he could push the kid. But now all he could do was hum soothingly, a hand trailing down through his hair.

Huhh… ehhiihhehhh…

“Just let it out, babe.”

“Ndo… ihhhehhh… ndo mboooohhhhh…”

This time he did roll his eyes, but a small affectionate smile managed to work its way onto his face regardless, as he stretched out a finger and flicked the tip of Sebastian’s nose.

It was testimony to how ill Sebastian actually was that he didn’t roll away, didn’t even raise hands to his mouth, just clutched Hunter tightly as his body rocked with ear-popping sneezes that wanted so desperately to come out. “USH’oo! HIhhh’GISH’oo! Ishoo-ishoo! Heh… uhhhuhhh… engGTCH’UH!

He had tissues ready. “Bless you.”

“Hade you.”

He grabbed Sebastian’s chin, turning the head aside so he could kiss his cheek, just as lovingly as he would his lips in those rare sweet moments they almost uncharacteristingly shared. An apology as much as a reassurance, a dream as much as reality. “Can I make it up to you?”

Sebastian smiled into his eyes, the ghost of clarity fluttering behind them. “Wadch TV?”

A final kiss. “What do you want to watch?”

But the clarity had faded. “Wandt… wandt…” He yawned. “Powderpuff girls?”

He couldn’t even laugh. “You want… The Powerpuff Girls?”

Sebastian just nodded, nuzzling down into Hunter’s chest.

“Okay, then.” Ever prepared, Hunter stretched out to the bedside table, sliding across his laptop… and within minutes, the voiceover was announcing Sugar and Spice and Everything nice.

But Sebastian just snuffled, his grip loosening… the cartoon somehow managing to lull him to peace.

Hunter closed the laptop with a sigh. “Night, babe.” Then he slid down, body fully taken up by his boyfriend’s, as they both fell asleep in each other’s arms.

You are such a gem!!!!!! I absolutely love you!

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww x100 it's just so cute! And you're just so.... PERFECT! *squee*

Oh, and Nebula just reminded me - that OCD!Hunter shot I promised ages back? Well, I finally got it posted last night. So, if any of you guys are interested and haven't seen it (because I don't actually know how many of you are on Tumblr... Come say hi if you are!) here's a link: http://pi-on-a-skateboard.tumblr.com/post/52380908178/so-at-the-request-of

Hope you enjoy it :-)

• 1 month later...

Oh, gosh, it's been sooooo long! I guess because I've come straight out of exams to going away with cute boy and other friends, and then jumped straight into work. And we're talking 75 hour fortnights... and a LOT of nights. So actually getting stuff done hasn't been easy, because I've either been at work or asleep! (Or flirting with the cute boy,... who I'm going to a party with tomorrow night. Sigh. Wish me luck!!!)

But, anyhow. I FINALLY have an update for you! Any Sam lovers here? ... Well, I've always been amused by the similarities between Jeff and Sam (they do look alike, right? Or is that just me?) So, it spawned this.

Next update will be a Niff one (it's being written now so hopefully it won't be as long away!), and then probably Huntbastian afterwards, but I'll see which direction I get pulled in :P Any requests?

... Oh, and I'm auditioning for RENT! My uni is putting it on... Wish me luck! Anyone have any advice? Because the last time I auditioned for a production was... probably 6 years ago. Which makes me feel horribly old :P

Alright. And, onwards!

Prompt: Grateful

Characters: Warblers, and Sam, because of reasons :P

He sniffed, wiping his nose on the edge of his sleeve as he prepared to ring the bell.

It wasn’t a big deal. Not really. He was just delivering to Dalton Academy. Their biggest competition. With Kurt. And his cousin.

Of course, the fact that he knew he looked dead on his feet if how he felt translated at all, really didn’t help.

Sooner you do it, sooner you get to go home. Here goes…

He sat down on the cold stone steps, boxes of pizza balancing delicately on his knees as he rummaged frantically through his pockets for the Kleenex packet he knew was already empty, nose burning with oncoming sneezes. And that was how he was found by his cousin and his boyfriend.

ESH’ah! Hhhh-HESH’OH!

“Bless you… Sam?”

“Jesus, mate, you look horrible!”

There was warmth on either side of him as he swiped at his nose again, the two boys helping shield him from the wind whipping and swirling around them.

“Thanks, Jeff.” He snivelled, and immediately drove attention back away from his wretched state. “Great to see you, too. Is this your boyfriend?”

“Nick. And yes, I am,” the brunette responded, “but we’ll talk inside, alright? Don’t want you catching hypothermia.”

“You can’t catch hypothermia, Nicky,” Jeff admonished, handing Sam a fresh pack of tissues. “But he’s right. You shouldn’t be out here in the cold.”

“Thanks.” Sam blew his nose, trying desperately not to cringe at the pain shooting through his sinuses. “159.96, by the way.”

Nick shook his head, reaching an arm around his back and bringing it under his shoulder, and Jeff did the same on the other side. “We’ll pay you inside.”

Sam sighed as the boys helped him to his feet. It was nice to be cared for, sure, but this wasn’t his only order for the night. There would be at least 3 more waiting by the time he got back, and his shift didn’t end til 11, and his sister was back home needing antibiotics with not enough spare cash on the side to cover it… His brother needed new shoes too, without holes in them…

He shivered at the blast of warmth the instant they pushed through the heavy oak doors, his knees starting to shake. It didn’t go unnoticed by the couple on his side… Almost as if they had seen what would happen, they pressed even closer to him, Jeff whipping out his phone to call for help while Nick, with only one arm, managed to slide the boxes over so that he was carrying them. Then, at the first bench they saw, they turned around and backed into it, sitting down and waiting.

“Sammy, what’s going on with you?”

“Hng?” He scrunched up his nose, trying to ward off another onslaught of sneezes… or at least buy some more time.

“Why are you working like this? And don’t even try pretending you’re not sick. Cos I can feel that fever, and, I swear to God, you were an inch from passing out before we got you sitting.”

Sam sighed. “I’mb finde, hondestly. Better thand I sound. I – “

“Sam, seriously. I know money’s tight for you, but you can’t kill yourself over it.” Jeff’s hand was on his back, rubbing circles in that calming manner only he seemed to possess.

He sniffed again, knowing that the whole story would have to come out. At least his cousin would seem to have some idea… “Dad was mbade redundandt,” he whispered with a shrug. “Momb hasn’t worked sindce Stacey was bornd. So… I… I have to… excuse mbe…”

“Bless you,” Nick offered with a fresh handkerchief.

He shook his head, nostrils flaring, bending over with hands cupped over his mouth and nose. “ESH’ah! Heh… hiehh… ESH’OH! HI’ESH’OH! Hahhh… YESH’U! … Ow…”

“Is that a case of sinusitis I hear?” An unfamiliar voice joined them, seemed to float from beneath him… Sam opened his eyes to find some dude crouched in front, box of tissues clutched under one arm, the other arm with a hand outstretched. “Bless, by the way. I’m Wes, current Warbler leader and medic, and I know that you’re Sam, so I’ll save you the embarrassment of you mispronouncing your own name.”

Small mercies.

The Asian boy raised a hand up, feeling his forehead, and even through the hazy vision Sam could see the cringe. Then he turned to Jeff, whispering something, with the blonde just nodding along.

“What’s the address you work at?”

Sam, who’d been about to blow his nose for the God-knows-what’th time that night, stopped in shock. “What?”

“You can’t go back to work like this,” Wes simply said. “You don’t look strong enough to stand. Jeff will fill in for you, and you’re going to crash here until you’re well enough to drive home, or until Kurt leaves and gives you a lift.”

“Ndo. Jeff, I can’t let you do that…”

“Sam. You’re my cousin. You’ve got enough going on.”

“And Wes is… sort of a mother hen. Even if he hasn’t met you before… good luck trying to escape from him,” Nick smiled.

“He has a saviour complex,” Jeff added. “Bloody annoying, but he’s great at what he does.”

The senior had swiped at the two boys, but he was smiling too. “Hey, it’s not my fault you idiots get sick all the time!” He shook his head, turning back to Sam. “You can crash our movie marathon if you want, or just crash on my bed. David’s actually already made soup, I’ve got meds and tissues and… well, probably everything you’d need. These guys force me to be prepared for Armageddon every day.”

Even Sam grinned a little at that. “It’s ndot too mbuch trouble?”

“No, of course not! Trust me, we’re used to it.” Wes held out his hand, a couple of pills in his palm. “Here. These will help take the edge off.”

Pushing a hand to his forehead, he finally relaxed into the seat, knowing that he really would be taken care of for once. “Thandks, guys.”

“Any time,” the three replied together.

Awwwe that was so cute how the others tryed to help. I loved this Drabble c: hopefully more to come (:

Archived