Sneeze Fetish Forum

Warbler drabbles!

stephab13

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh... oh my.

I... I don't know what to say...

BECAUSE THAT WAS ONE OF THE MOST WONDEROUS THINGS I HAVE EVER READ OMFG HOLY SHITZU I KNOW YOU CAN'T SEE ME RIGHT NOW BUT IF YOU COULD YOU'D PROBABLY WONDER IF I WAS MENTALLY SANE BECAUSE I AM SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW AND LITERALLY JUMPING AROUND.sighs. Blaine is adorable. If only he and Kurt were real...

HAHAHAHA Guess we're all in a bit of Klaine withdrawal, huh? (Don't comment. No innuendos. Nope, not happening.)

So this is for gummiflummi and the awesometastic prompt that, as always, I've had to take a wee bit of liberty with (though, all things considered, it's not bad... I hope!). Basis was sick!Hunt that tries to hide it from Sebastian and then goes to a game of his and Sebastian's all worried and grateful and stuff. So... there's Huntbastian. There's a lot of sneezy!Hunter and just... me being sadistic, I suppose. And, yeah... Hope you guys enjoy it as much as I did writing!

As always, constantly welcome to prompts! So please please please send some my way! It may take me time, but I will try to get on to them all!

So, here we are. Though it's hardly a drabble, I swear. Nearly 4,000 words - that's a third of a thesis! :P

Prompt: Go

Characters: Huntbastian

Hek-chngt! Heh’cnxt! Heh… chshhh’oo.”

Ugh. He rolled over to glance at Bas’ bed – still asleep. So he had… probably 10 minutes to go out, have a proper sneezing fit and come back in. Too early to tell whether it was allergies, just the morning, or something else… Throat was pretty dry, but, well, it was first thing in the morning.

Hunter groaned quietly as he sat up, pain shooting through his feet from the cold floorboards. He shivered as he pulled a robe around his shoulders, making his way into the bathroom.

Ishhh’oo. Heh’CHISH’oo.”

He really couldn’t keep this up long. Wiping his nose on his sleeve, it took everything in his power not to groan as he saw the pallor in his reflection. How the fuck was he meant to hide it this time? He settled instead for resting his forehead against the iciness of the mirror, breathing heavily.

NGTCH’uh! Hiii’ESH’ah!

“Hunter…?”

Fuck.

He turned to lock the door behind him before sliding to the ground as a wave of dizziness swept over him. Nope. Just a normal goddamn day in the life of Hunter Clarington.

9 hours and countless sneezes later found Hunter staring listlessly at his French textbook, mouth drooping open and breathing heavily.

“Hey, gorgeous!”

Sebastian slid in to the seat opposite him, but it took an actual kiss on the cheek before he realised that his eyes had been following the same line the last fifty times he’d tried to understand the pluperfect.

“… Are you alright?”

He sniffed, jumping. “Yeah, finde. Why?”

Sebastian’s eyes had narrowed at the congestion, but he seemed not to want to press it. “What are you up to?”

His nose was bugging him. Again. How many times had it been today? He tried to look at the piercing grey of Sebastian’s eyes, but his own kept flickering out, his breath catching. “Uh… The plu… the plu-uuuuh…”

“Bless you.”

He would have rolled his eyes. “Iesh’ah! Heh… nxgt-chiew!

Sebastian just pulled out a Kleenex from the nearly-empty box on the table. “You’re sick.”

“Thadks. But I’b dot…” And of course the congestion kicks in full throttle. He blew his nose gently, eyes squeezed shut for as long as he could hide them without sending warning signals. “I’m ndot sick, Bas. Probably hayfever.”

“In November?” Sebastian raised an eyebrow.

He turned back to his book, trying to keep a straight face. For once, every inch of his body just yearned to be left alone. Where he could cough and sneeze and not have his body’s rejection mechanisms be subject to approval… Where he could just not incite the ridiculous amount of worry that any immune failure of his seemed to provoke in everyone. “Dust thend. I’b… iiish’u-ISH’oo! I’b fide. Really.”

“Mmhmm. ‘Fide’. I see.”

His cheeks burnt. “I rand out of Allegra this mborning, okay? So cand you quit with the… the… JSTCH’oo!... with the worrying already?”

Sebastian placed his hand on his shoulder, fingers digging in tiny circles. “Hunt, you could have just asked me for some.”

He sniffed, turning back to his books, words spinning around in his periphery.

“Hey, do you want help? The pluperfect’s a bitch, but I’ve been told I’m a good teacher…”

Sebastian had trailed his hands down Hunter’s back, one of his hands lifting up towards his face… but Hunter batted him away before he could get close. “Sebastian. Stop babying me.”

His boyfriend withdrew instantly, hands up, and it took all of Hunter’s willpower not to shiver – the skin had been providing more warmth than he could believe. “I’m just trying to help.”

“I’ve had enough of people trying to help mbe, alright? Do I have a mbassive sign on my head saying otherwise? What is it that makes people look at mbe and go, ‘poor Hunter, poor, sick Hundter, he can’t do andything for himself’? I’mb fine and I don’t need any help.”

“Jesus, Hunter. It’s just a translation. Why are you so stressed?”

“It’s ndot… I’m ndot… UGH!” He clenched his fists, fingernails biting into his palms. “I’mb sick of being treated like I’mb weak – like I always ndeed help. Whether that’s study or otherwise.”

“I don’t think you’re – “

But Hunter didn’t want to hear it, too overwrought from everything else. “Go away.”

“Hunter…” The hand was back on his shoulder, lighter, shaking, uncertain, but he shrugged it off violently.

“Leave. Mbe. Alone. HiGISH’oo!

“Bless you.”

Then he was gone, leaving Hunter to drop his throbbing head into his textbook with a sigh.

Turns out that hiding an illness from a boyfriend is much easier when you’ve been fighting. By the time Hunter managed to scrawl out a few sentences and trudge upstairs, Bas was already fast asleep. And when he woke up the next morning, it was in an empty room. So there couldn’t really be anything to keep secret with no one to keep it a secret from.

Hiding it from his friends was a completely different story.

He’d managed to heave himself out of bed (ignoring the pang at seeing the emptiness next to him) and stumble into the bathroom. He couldn’t taste the mint well, but he’d brushed his teeth, washed his face, done his usual daily routine before shuffling down into the dining hall.

Nick had immediately plonked himself opposite, holding out a plate of gluten-free toast and a box of antihistamines, wearing a grin that only set off a throbbing in the base of his skull. “Morning, Hunter! Sounds like you had a pretty awful day yesterday…”

“Hng?” He squeezed his eyes shut. “Thadks for breakfast.”

Nick waved the box. “I’ve got a spare – you can take these. I don’t think they’ll mess with your meds. And, here – “ he rummaged through his pockets, emerging with a few packs of tissues – “Seb said you’re out and he’s down at the field already so he couldn’t bring you any.”

He forced a smile, turning his head down away from the fluorescent lighting. “Thhh-thadks. Really. HhhGSH’oo! Oh…”

“Bless you!” Jeff, this time, his hand on his back as he slid in next to him, leaning over for a kiss from Nick before turning back to face both of them. “Jesus, Hunter. Did you pull another all-nighter?”

He shook his head, but couldn’t reply, body already gearing up for more sneezes. “Hehhh… hi’chish! Hng-GTCH’oo!

“He’s been claiming allergies,” Nick said with a smile, holding out a Kleenex from his packs before.

“Thadks. IiiiiESH’OO! Jesus Christ!”

“That’s my vernacular,” Jeff teased, but the change in demeanour was obvious from before – still light-hearted, but dripping with concern this time. “You look like shit though. Are you sure you’re feeling alright?”

At least the burning in his sinuses had fallen to a manageable level, and he could glare at Jeff as he blew his nose. “Perfectly alright, thadk you very buch.”

“Your voice is going…”

He shook his head. Of course it was going – it had ached all night, and the coughing had kept him awake, each scraping right at the back, and there was that all-too-familiar tightness at the front signalling that laryngitis wasn’t far off either… “I’ve beed sdeezigg all… all dight… ISH’oo!” He paused again to try in vain to clear out his nostrils. “You’d be pretty hoarse too.”

The sneezing really wasn’t helping his head either. It had started shifting too, a probe digging right in to the base and shooting pain throughout his skull. At least any tears that came pricking to the surface he could mask as the agony of a stuck sneeze… but he hated that this was all he was reduced too. A stupid sneezing mess.

Nick pulled a face, pushing his Zyrtec forward once again. “I’ll go make you some tea. It’ll help – cold or allergies – I promise.”

Jeff, meanwhile, was pulling his chair closer. “It’s okay, Hunter. You’re human. You’re allowed to get sick.”

“But I’b… ISH’IEW! … I’b dot.”

“You’ve turned into a full-on bass. Live Avi Kaplan bass.”

“Okay, I’b dot that bad.” Hunter pulled a face as he popped open the antihistamines – probably wouldn’t be as much help as the guys were expecting, but they put those in cold and flu medicine, right?

“You are pretty bad. And you haven’t shaven.” He pulled closer, brushing a hand against his forehead as he reached to start working into the muscles of his shoulders. “At least you don’t seem to have a fever yet.”

He groaned. He was so tight… so tired… “Dod’t tell adyode?” he whispered, head resting against the table.

Jeff shook his head. “I think they know already. But I won’t tell. Your secret is safe with me!”

“Tha-k you.” He shivered then, the cold overcoming him, and the balloon in his head swelled again, pressing against his eyes.

“Here.” Nick was back, steaming mug in his hands. “Ginger, lemon and honey.”

And Jeff now reached into his bag, pulling out a pack of acetaminophen. “And this’ll help everything too – especially if you want to be okay to go out later.”

What?

“Sebastian’s game…” Nick caught site of the confusion in Hunter’s eyes – he’d sat back up to sip at the tea. “How much sleep did you get last night? Or, how much didn’t you?”

Hunter almost laughed. “Dot buch,” he admitted weakly before giving in to a string of coughs. “God…” Everything just seemed to intensify, the pain, the burning, the heaviness…

“Okay, into bed with you.”

He didn’t even care who spoke any more. They made more sense than anything he’d tried to tell himself the last few days.

“Come on, Hunt. Get some rest.”

He pushed himself to his feet, trying not to sway with the weight of his head. And Nick and Jeff were right beside him, forcing him onwards… “Ish-ISH’oo!

“Bless you, idiot.”

His alarm blared at him, shrill, piercing, drilling down into his temple with each ring. It took all of his energy to just roll over and slap the damn thing into submission.

Shit. Lacrosse game.

He was dizzy now, head screaming at him for water and more sleep. Either the tablets from before had started to wear off… how long ago was breakfast anyway?... or else he’d gotten worse. Or both.

Probably both.

Against any form of self-preservation that was yelling at him to stay in bed, he forced himself up and into some old tracksuit pants and the Dalton hoodie and scarf. He stopped in the bathroom, but it didn’t take long for him to realise that no amount of cold water or Vaseline could ever make him look human. So sighing, he shoved as many packets of tissues into his pockets as they could handle without splitting and made his way out into the throng of swarming, overexcited boys.

It didn’t take long for Jeff and Nick to find him, luckily. It took even less time for Jeff’s mouth to gape open.

“Hunter! Why didn’t you sleep?”

“I did,” he rasped miserably, rubbing at his running nose. “Didn’t help.” Then his voice gave out, leaping an octave, and he bent forwards, coughing into his hands.

“Oh, Hunter…”

“I’b ndot going back, so don’t evend suggest it,” he warned, shoving as much authority into the fragments of his voice as he could spare.

Apparently not enough. “Hunter, you know we’re going out to Lancaster, right?” Nick asked gently. “It’ll be cold and wet and horrible, and a long way from here.”

“I prombised I’d go, though. I have to go…” He turned aside, sneezing into his elbow. “HhhASH’oo! Ugh, sorry. But I’ll be okay…”

“At the risk of sounding like your mum, are you gonna be warm enough?” Jeff again reached for his forehead, wincing as he got close.

Hunter managed to nod. “I’mb boiling.”

“It won’t last,” Jeff simply said. “I’ll go grab another jumper… Maybe some Lemsip or something too…”

He ran off while Nick drove him backwards, sitting him down on the bench, away from the crowd. His eyes were dark, searching for something in his own…

“I’b surprised you’re ndot forcigg mbe indto bed,” Hunter finally got out, the pitying silence almost as painful as the trampling of feet and yelling surrounding them.

Nick smiled. “We would if we thought you’d stay there. Your stubbornness will be the death of you – you know that, right?”

“Long as it kills mbe before this… this… hiiiISHU! … this cold, I’mb finde.”

Nick winced. “They sound painful, your sneezes.”

“They… JSHU-ISH’oo!... they are,” he admitted. His whole body hurt – but each sneeze just seemed to tighten the vice around his body, putting more and more pressure on. “Heh-hehhh… ishhhh’oo!

“Bless…” Nick wrapped an arm around him, hand rubbing over his shoulder. “Why are you so desperate to go? Seb’ll understand if you stay…”

“We… HngGTCH’uh! … Sorry…” He blew his nose with a groan before continuing, each word scraping at the base of his throat. “We had a fight. He was… he was trying to look after mbe.” He felt his cheeks flushing further. “Add I told himb to piss off…”

Nick snorted.

“So I have to go add mbake it up to himb.”

“You’re a mule,” was all Nick could say. “A stubborn bloody jack-ass. He won’t forgive you if you kill yourself over a stupid little argument!”

Hunter just bent himself forwards, elbows on his knees and cheeks resting against the heel of his hands. Of course he was stubborn. Of course he was an idiot. There was an inherent sort of arrogance that any time in the military could imprint – let alone a whole five years complete with leadership training. The confidence was great… but it also meant he felt he had to do everything alone, and nothing by halves. It meant pushing himself to the absolute limit… and he knew that the excursion today would hurt. But he had to… for Sebastian. For his own stupid little pride.

“Don’t scare him, Nicky.” Jeff’s voice floated from behind him – somehow in his misery he’d missed the footsteps right up to them. He opened his eyes again blearily, the blond smiling at his feet. “Hunter, how are you feeling? Be honest with me, because if you’re coming, you’re coming with us – but I want to know how worried I should be, okay?”

He shrugged, still not lifting his head. “I feel crap. I wadt to go see themb play.”

“Alright… We better get going then. And you can sleep in the car, alright?”

And somehow Hunter found standing, one foot in front of the other, with nothing in his mind other than just getting down to Nick’s Camry.

At first when they got to Lancaster, he felt a little better. His throat was still raw, his voice still shot, his nose more stuffed up than the Queen of England… but despite that, despite the grogginess, despite the cotton in his head, he wasn’t quite as tired, as lifeless. Hell, even the gentle rain made a nice change, washing away some of the sweat from his pores and the burning behind his eyes.

… It didn’t last long.

They’d found a seat under cover pretty quickly. He’d smiled and waved as Seb and the team jogged past, and a few other Warblers found them… And then his knees turned to jelly and he’d been forced to sit, head resting on Trent’s shoulder as Jeff tried time and time again to get him to drink, to eat, to take something, some form of sugar, anything to help at all…

He couldn’t. And then the fever kicked in full-force. Where one moment he’d gone from a retrospectively-nice radiant heat, it seemed that one gust of wind hit a switch, and he’d started freezing, teeth chattering, whole body shuddering, all of it. And no matter how many of Jeff’s “jumpers” he put on, no matter how much tea he forced down, no matter how close the boys moved in to shield him from the wind, it didn’t help. His skin froze while his brain began to poach.

He tried to focus. With each sneeze (and every one of them scoring him a nice sidelong glance of pity and concern, which he couldn’t be bothered to faze out), each cough, he took that burst of blood to his head, tried to turn it out and use it to focus. Bas was pretty damn good… He just regretted the fact he really couldn’t appreciate it, appreciate the set determination in his eyes, or how he looked in those shorts and singlet, or that shimmer in his eyes and grin whenever one of his teammates did well.

Half-time was hard. The team was given a little bit of time to come out and greet their friends… and he really couldn’t afford to worry Sebastian and put him off his game. Though he probably wasn’t nearly as successful as he could have hoped…

“Hey, guys! Thanks for coming out!”

Sebastian jumped the fence, settling down by the group. He gave Hunter a quick glance, but still kept his distance – he’d held on to anger much longer than this, he supposed, and at least that fear of pushing might stop the worry.

“Seb! You guys are amazing!”

If he could have moved, Hunter would have fallen to his knees and kissed Thad’s feet for the distraction… but it didn’t last too long, as with a horrible sinking, he found the burning in his sinuses rapidly intensifying and his breath yes again beginning to mount in his chest.

Hehhh… huhh…

Bas gave him another glance – this one of more concern than earlier, and he wanted to kick himself. “Hunter…”

HiiiISHU-ISHU-ISH!

“Give him a few minutes,” Trent said, hand running down his back. “He’s been on like this all afternoon.”

“I’b fi… fiiiiiGISH’u! Heh… NGTCH’uh! … fide,” he said, nose buried. “Great gabe.”

“Hunt…”

But he was too focused on slowing the sneezes, stopping them, not letting them out, anything… not that it was really effective, just made them bigger, stronger. “Heh-heeeehhh… ish-IEW! I’ESHU! ESH!

“Bless, babe.” Sebastian leant over to kiss the top of his head. “Listen, I’ve got to – “

ShhhhhYA! Hii… NGTCH’u!

“Got to get back out, bless you, so just… stay warm, alright?”

Trent clutched him tighter. “We’ll keep your boyfriend alive, don’t stress.”

“Thanks, guys, again, for coming out here. Means a lot to us.” Sebastian started to move back out, stick slung across his back again.

“Bas…”

He reached out, managed to grasp his hand, found that warm twinkle in his eyes.

“You’re ‘bazing. Do’t worry ‘bout us, kay?”

Sebastian shook his head. “Okay, no worrying, I promise. Gonna let me get back before second half starts?”

He nodded, and Sebastian kissed his hand gently before leaping back over the fence.

“Idiot. Don’t burn.”

But then he was gone, and Hunter buried himself back into Trent, eyes forcing themselves closed as his body rocked with shivers.

The next thing Hunter could remember was waking up in his bed coughing, Sebastian asleep while sitting upright, head near his chest.

He wasn’t sure what had happened… how he’d gotten home, or gotten changed for that matter. But he was in pyjamas, he was in bed, he did have bottled water within his reach… and for once his eyes seemed happy to remain in his head.

Same couldn’t be said about his nose though.

Chhshhh’oo. Heh… heh… HEH! Heh-chshhh’U!

Sebastian jumped. “Hunter? You’re awake?”

He nodded, squinting as he looked for something to blow his nose in. “Yeah,” he croaked.

“Feeling any better?”

“Thidk so…” His hands closed on the smooth fabric of a handkerchief. “What happened?”

Sebastian jumped up, crawling into bed beside him, arms trying to pull him upwards and against his body. “Well… You passed out at some point, or fell asleep, I don’t know what, and we brought you home.”

“Ti… hiii… timbe? Hi-GISH’u!

“Mmm… About 7.”

So he’d only been out a few hours. Could have been worse.

“Jon offered to bring food, but Trent and Luke are on a Thai run and I think they’re getting us stuff too. Trent’s taking first shift of looking after us.”

Hunter sniffed, melting into Sebastian’s embrace, the warm hands rubbing over his arms, pecs rippling under his back. “Us?”

“Yeah, uh…” He laughed, deep and grumbling. “So, I’m not feeling so great myself… It’s a pity you were asleep, because you missed an epic sneezing fit coming home.”

He stretched up, kissing under Seb’s jaw. “Bas, I’mb sorry.”

“It’s not your fault!”

“Ndo. Ndot you getting sick.” He sniffed again, trying to formulate his words. “I’mb sorry for… for arguing, because I kndow you were just trying to look after mbe. And I’mb sorry for worrying everyone too… and, okay, mbaybe I’mb a little sorry for giving you the flu too…”

Sebastian just shook his head, and he knew that little smirk of his, with just that corner of his face perking up, he knew that’d be there. “Hey, it’s alright. I know you’re an idiot – but I love you, and I keep coming back, so that probably makes me an even bigger one, right?”

“Did… did you just say you love me?”

This time Bastian sniffed, clearing his throat. “Hey, be nice, I’m sick too!” But despite the shift in manner, he smiled. “But… you know what, I think I do.”

“Well, that’s a relief, because I sort of love you too.”

If he had the energy, he would have sat up and kissed him square on the mouth. But both seemed aware of that fact, and so Bas squeezed him tighter, planting kisses up and down his head and neck. “You really shouldn’t have come out today,” he finally said, fingers working into the knots in his back.

“I had to see you though,” Hunter rasped. “I’d hate if you cambe back thindking I was still really shitty at you. Especially whend you were just looking after mbe.”

Sebastian smiled. “It means a lot… but next time, I’d rather my boyfriend not risk pneumonia to make up with me, alright?”

“Puts a dambper ond the mbake-up sex, huh?”

“Well…” He chuckled, softly, trying to keep still. “Yes… Also the fact that of my many skills, bringing back the dead is not one of them. Might be more Charlie’s territory.”

HiGISH’oo!

“Bless you.” Sebastian paused while Hunter blew his nose. Again. “Listen, while you’re fevered and groggy and agreeable, I want to get you to promise me something.”

Hunter could only nod, head growing heavy again.

“Promise me that you won’t push yourself to breaking point for me again. Promise me that you’ll start taking care of yourself. That you’ll say to me when you need help and actually let me do something… and that you won’t push everyone else away because of some stupid need to do everything alone. That you’ll let me in and won’t ask me to leave.”

Hunter sighed. “Prombise, Bas. And what’ll you prombise mbe?”

His eyes were already closed, cheek pressed against Sebastian’s chest, head snuggled in to his chin, but he somehow just managed to hear his reply: “I promise not to let you go.”

I've been so patient, because I know once I throw a prompt your way you'll turn it into gold ...in your time of course. And I really don't know why I'm so surprised, but once again you completely blew me away!!! This is pure magic!

I love everything about it ...the denial, poor feverish!Hunter, Nick and Jeff in the mix and of course, there's a happy end :D

It's so sweet it hurts my teeth, when I re- and re- and reread it!

There's never enough Huntbastian! If you have capacities, let me know so I can prompt you some more!

That last line.... I died.... it was soooo cute! I aww'd for about ten minutes! I love you and your writing! You're awesome and you never cease to amaze me!

Oh man. You guys flatter me. Thanks so much for reading it and commenting!!! Sneezy!Hunt is fun. And Huntbastian in general...

So I just thought I'd warn you, the next one I'm working on involves Luke - who is totally, completely my own. He's a little similar to Nick, and looks rather like Adam Lambert. But so you guys can get a feel for him, if you want, I introduce him here: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8542102/42/Between-Friends-A-Writing-Project and he's in 4 chapters from then on. And very much my baby :-) So I hope you guys like him as much as I do!

Thanks again for the lovely comments! And, as always - totally willing for prompts :D

So, everyone, meet Luke! He'd say hi back, but he's rather preoccupied at the moment :P Hope you guys like him! He's a darling... :-)

Prompt: Shame

Characters: Trent, Luke (hayfever)

It was 11:41 in the morning, in the changeover between periods, when he got the text.

Trent, I’m so sorry, something’s come up and I can’t make coffee today. Raincheck?

He didn’t think too much of it. There’d been a lot going on with Luke at the moment – the court case was finally starting to wind down, though that was a blessing and a curse in its own right – and he figured it was just something to do with that. Plus, as disappointed as he was, he wasn’t the possessive-boyfriend type, and he certainly wasn’t about to start now.

Yeah, course, he texted back. Anything I can do to help?

No, I’m alright. Thanks. Tomorrow?

He smiled. I’m holding you to that. Here if you need me :-)

Theoretically, it would have just remained at that. But, even at an all-boys school, kids talk. And he couldn’t help but pick up bits and pieces of everything at lunch, in between classes, even in some classes. Things ranging from Luke running out of class to being carried out to actually being expelled. Though that last had come from Andrew and Trent wouldn’t trust his word farther than he could throw him… but what really worried him was the amount of people that came to ask him about it.

“Hey, Trent – is Luke alright?”

“Trent, what’s going on with Luke?”

“Dude… heard about your boyfriend… everything okay?”

To most of them he just rolled his eyes and told the speaker to mind their own business. Of course he was expected to know every single intricate detail of his boyfriend’s life… and, what was worse, be expected to willingly share all those details.

Private education. Nothing could beat it.

He would have left it like that. Most things Luke would tell him about later – he’d hand over Trent’s latte, take a sip of his own mocha, slide his hand down into Trent’s and then drag him to sit and spill.

But then Jeff came up to him, and it changed a little.

“Trent!”

He’d spun around to catch the brown in Jeff’s eyes. “I don’t know what’s going on with the boy, so please don’t ask me…”

But the blond laughed. “Nah, mate, I don’t care – that’s your business. I just wanted to say – I had Lit with him this morning, and he asked me to tell you that he’s fine, not to worry, and not to listen to the rumour mill.”

“So do you know what happened then?”

Jeff glanced around at the corridor and nodded, pulling him over to the wall – but the grin never failed. “I think he’s just not quite feeling himself. He got sent out of class with a pass for the rest of the day if he wanted it – which I think he took. But he made me promise not to tell more – just that he is fine, if you asked…” He shook his head. “Bit of a silly thing, really – he’s too much like Nick…”

It didn’t help calm him though – instead thousands of images flashed before him… Luke was so wrapped up in everything, felt everything so deeply, and he was so stressed out at the moment – it never took much to set him off, but at the moment? And him not feeling himself? Trent’s stomach dropped. He could be alone crying, at the best. At the worst… he didn’t even want to think about it. No matter how irrational any one of his conclusions was.

“Thanks for telling me,” he muttered, biting down on his lip.

“Yeah, no worries.” Jeff chuckled again. “Listen, I’ve gotta go meet Nick, but I’ll see you at tea.”

And then he was gone, and there was nothing at all to stop Trent from rushing upstairs to Luke’s room.

The first time he really halted was at his door though… If he’d stopped earlier to think things through, perhaps he would have seen the various flaws in all those arguments – though, then again, the flaws may only have worried him further.

It was by the door that he listened, hand half-raised to knock. The walls were paper-thin… meaning he could hear everything, or close enough to everything – a couple of groans and sniffing, at the very least. And then, with completely a mind of his own, his fist was on the wood, begging entrance.

“Read the signd.”

He stepped back – and, of course, posted on the oak was BUSY STUDYING: PLEASE COME BACK LATER. Unless you’re armed with caffeine or chocolate. Or a set of gnomes to do my work for me. That’d be nice. He shook his head. “Luke, it’s me.”

“Trendt.”

Trent frowned at the obvious congestion at his voice – but his expression changed just as quickly as the door opened and he was faced with his boyfriend – his very dishevelled boyfriend, wearing old jeans and flannelette shirt, his eyes and nose red against an unusually pale face – probably due to the lack of make-up, though he hadn’t managed to get all the mascara off, bits of glittery black streaking down the sides of his cheeks.

“I take it ndews of mbe dying reached you thend?”

“Something like that.” Trent folded his arms, still standing in the corridor. “What happened?”

“What hehhave they all beend saying?”

Trent snorted. “Everything from you having a meltdown to someone pushing you down the stairs.” He stepped forwards. “Can I come in? Or get you coffee or… something?”

Luke sniffed, but moved aside with a nod. “I’mb sorry. I didn’t wandt to worry you… but I dodn’t think I really succeeded in that, did I?”

“Not really, no.” He sat down on Luke’s bed, patting the space next to him – though the boy didn’t take it, settling instead for his desk and reaching for the tissue box. “So, do you want to tell me what happened?”

And there came that all-too-familiar blush painting itself across Luke’s face. “I, uh… huh-uhhh… h’k’ishhhh’iew!

“Bless you!” Trent’s gut twisted over… He’d seen Luke blush, seen him cry, seen him in pain… but he’d never seen him sneeze. And it was pretty damn adorable, how he still hid his face in the full length of the Kleenex, how embarrassed he seemed by the ordeal… Okay, so Trent was still crushing majorly. No big deal…

“Thandks…” Luke sniffed, finally emerging beet-red. “I’mb ndot actually sick, I swear, regardless of how I sound – it’s allergies…”

“Ragweed?”

Luke nodded.

“Yeah, Nick gets it really bad too.”

“That’s what Jeff… what Jeff…” He broke off, nose twitching and mouth dropping open. “Huh-huhhh… uhhh… iii’ush’OOO!

“Bless you again!”

Luke nearly laughed as he scrunched up the tissue in his hands and plucked a new one out. “You mbight wandt to hold out ond the blessings – I usually sndeeze ind fives… Hhhh’pTSHH’OOO!

Well, at least he’d gotten a smile out. Knowing how self-conscious Luke could get, Trent was always pleased when he could lessen that in any way – even if they were passed the kiss-don’t-tell stage and onto the stealing-each-other’s-watches stage.

It was so cute though! The three times, he’d dropped everything, trail of thought included, raised that Kleenex to cover his face, and his eyes would lose focus and grasp for the light, his nose just… twitching and flaring… His arms shook, his chest swelling, and he’d snap forward, and then resume whatever normal behaviour was.

“You know, for someone so shy, you’ve got quite a loud sneeze!”

“I amb a singer, rembember – strong diaphragm or sombething.” Luke’s eyes began to narrow, eyebrows squeezing together again. “And it hurts mby ears to swallow themb… Hhiieeehhh… KSHHH’OO!

Trent just sat back and waited… and he didn’t have to wait long.

Huh-huhhh… Yeah, onde mbore, combe ond…”

“You talk to them?”

Luke nodded. “If they’re… huh-heh!… stu-stubornd. Hhhhuuuhhh… HRRUSHH’OOO!

Oh, God, and that stutter. Trent could only smile and hope he didn’t look too much like an idiot. “Bless you! So… done with the sneezing?”

Luke blew his nose, then raised an eyebrow, twinkling coming back into his blue eyes. “For the mbindute, mbaybe. Why, you wandt mbore?”

Don’t blush, don’t blush. “No. I want to know if it’s safe for me to…” He moved over to the desk chair, hand snaking up around his neck and kissing him on the mouth – not long, because of the reduced air otherwise available, but still long enough to remind the both of them how lucky they were… And, man, even after sneezing his brains out, he still knew how to kiss, Luke’s tongue slipping in against the front of his teeth, flicking out against his palate before he pulled back away to breathe. “To do that,” he smirked.

Luke shook his head. “You’re bad, you are.”

“I try.” Trent winked. “Seriously, though, I’m glad you’re alright. For whatever reason… I thought that maybe new evidence had come forward or something, and that’s why you went off…”

“What? Ndo… I wouldn’t leave class for that – and I’d combe talk to you first thing too.”

Trent grabbed his hand, pointer finger tracing his name along the back of Luke’s.

“I just…” He shook his head again and shrugged. “You thought my sndeezing before was big. Mbultiply that by tend in the space of five mbindutes and that was mby 3rd period. I got sendt to the ndurse, who gave mbe mbeds and sendt mbe away. Add I was pretty dizzy so Jeff mbade mbe combe back here.”

“And you hid for the rest of the day?”

“I… Well, I’ve beend sndeezing literally all day. I’mb pretty gross.”

Trent squeezed his hand, threading his other arm around Luke’s waist. “Why cancel on me though, if it’s just allergies? I can bring a croissant here – you don’t need to even look at a window.”

“I kndow. But…” He pushed himself back away. “I… Well, I didn’t wandt you to think I’mb sick, add I didn’t wandt you to have to see mbe like this, all… sndeezy and horrible and disgusting and… oh, crap…”

“More sneezing?”

Luke nodded, grabbing out more tissues from his box. “Huh-uhhh… Sorry…”

Trent moved to behind the chair, hugging him from behind. “It’s okay. You don’t need to be ashamed or anything… I mean – “

HP-TSHHH’OO!

“ – You’re pretty adorable, regardless. Bless, by the way.”

Hhhh… huhh…. Hihhh’USH-OO!

“And, you’re my Luke,” he continued as his boyfriend sniffed away. “If I can find you cute when you’re explaining second-order differentiations then I’m pretty sure I’ll always find you cute.”

Luke smiled – properly this time, even the corners of his eyes crinkling up. “Thadks… You’re pretty c-cute yourself. Hhhh’TSHHH’OOOO!

“Bless you, bless you.” Trent kissed the back of his head, ruffling his hair a little as he moved away.

“Look, I suppose I amb a little… a little… heh-heh!” He sniffed. “Little self-conscious about it – but the mbore I thindk about it, the mbore I w-wonder… wonder… whyyyyyHhh’K’SHH’IEW!

“Bless you.”

Luke spun himself around this time, to fully face Trent, smirk on his face. “And besides…” He pointed to the bed. “You dod’t seemb to mbind it all that mbuch…”

This time it was Trent’s time to blush, as he sat down and tugged on Luke’s hand, tried to bring him over.

Hhhhhh’TSHHH’OO!

“Bless you!”

“Oh, shush.” Up went that eyebrow again in a remarkable display of bravery, as Luke blew his nose and then straddled Trent, quivering nose pressed against his in an Eskimo kiss, and there they lay, kissing and waiting… For the sneezes were never far away…

That was so adorable and Luke seems like a cutie as well! Trent and Luke's relationship is really sweet and I loved this update. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Oh, man. I've been working on this for so long... It's mostly just Trent!sickness!vague-fluffiness. And caring Warblers. Because I said so. But I really cannot be bothered to go back and edit it... I just want to get it out! :P Plus, I have to do something. A client of mine got taken to hospital half an hour ago, and I'm waiting for his brother to show up here before they go to the hospital to meet him. And it's 1230 and I was meant to go to bed at 10. So, yeah, that didn't happen :P But at least he's okay - and being taken care of!

Anyhoo. Enough rambling. Have another monstrosity. And hopefully I can get to some better writing soon!

As always, please please please send me prompts. I love filling them - or attempting to fill most of the prompt anyhow :P - and you guys are much better at ideas than I am!

Prompt: Objecive

Characters: Trent, Thad, Luke, Warblers

It snuck in one morning like the fog, thick and choking and silent, hiding in the shadows, watching, waiting. He woke up, his throat screaming for water, and all he could do was pray that it was purely dehydration.

He rolled over and sat up, reaching out for the lamp on his dresser. Clearing his throat, he decided to try his voice out – just to see the damage.

“So, uh… Yeah, this’ll be interesting.” It scratched down at the base, and if he’d thrown any volume into it, he knew it’d be much lower than purely waking up should allow. “Yeah, that’s not good.” He broke off, air catching somewhere in his throat, coughing harshly into his hands, unable to control any of it, everything just protesting, screaming, ‘get it out, get it out’.

“Whoa, Trent!” Thad woke with a start from the bed next to his, rushing over. “You alright?”

Trent nodded, eyes streaming. “Throat’s dry. Not an infection.”

“You sounded like you were throwing up…” Thad’s hand was gentle on his back, up and down, up and down, trying to calm him.

Trent gulped. “Glad I’m not!” He bent over, reaching for his bottle by the side. “I’m sorry for waking you…”

“Ah, it’s alright. It’s near sunrise – I’d be getting up soon anyway. And I won’t need coffee, you scared me enough!”

Trent flushed, wiping down his eyes, coughs starting to settle down a little, more intermittent now. “Sorry…”

“No, really.” Thad swung himself across to watch him. “Don’t stress about it. Happens to the best of us.”

He still hated that it happened to him though. Ever since that battle back in freshman year, the never-ending bronchiolitis, everyone had become paranoid – and that paranoia had only been worsened by the pneumonia last year. He was prone to infections, sure – but a cough did not bronchitis make. It just sounded horrible, made anything with any sort of force sound bone dry… It made everyone cringe, even his best friends who should be used to it by now. And it was so loud… he’d thought maybe with Thad as a roommate that he wouldn’t be at risk of waking anyone up. How wrong he’d been.

“I’m glad you’re not barfing everywhere, in any case.” Thad stood up to stretch. “You should go back to sleep – take it easy. I can wake you before breakfast if you want?”

Thad had begun moving to the bathroom door to begin washing, but turned around. Trent shook his head. “I’ll go make some tea and hang out in the common room – watch the sun come up and wait for everyone else, I guess.”

Thad nodded. “Well, I’ll go pray then. See you later.”

And then he was gone. Trent sat back, leaning against the headboard and rubbing his throat. Yep. Today really was going to be an interesting day.

It didn’t take long for him to get moving that morning – but it did take him awhile to decide how he was going to react to this whole thing. A cold is a cold is a cold – so probably didn’t require an inhaler. Cough syrup? Maybe… He settled for pocketing a packet of Halls and slumped down to the common room to make some tea.

Thad joined him maybe twenty minutes later, flicking through the paper. They sat there silently, watching the sun rise and reading the paper, but every time he made any sort of noise of discomfort – a sniff, a little cough, hell, even swallowing, he could feel eyes burning into him, like Thad – and the rest of the Warblers would be no different when they got moving – was just waiting for him to collapse or start coughing up blood or God knows what.

It got easier when Luke showed up – though he didn’t do any better at hiding his impending illness than with Thad an hour earlier.

“Good mor – “ His voice cracked, and he cleared his throat. “Sorry, let me try that again.” Much lower, but at least not wet. “Good morning!”

Thad gave him a sidelong glance as Luke dropped down by his feet. “Morning, guys. You’re up early!”

“As are you,” he pointed out, ruffling Luke’s hair.

“Touché,” the boy agreed. “You sound sick. What’s going on?”

Trent sighed. “Who knows? There’s stuff going round. It’s just a sore throat.”

“And a cough,” Thad added. “And we all know what that means…”

Trent turned his best bitch face on his roommate. “It doesn’t mean anything yet…”

Luke looked up at him, confusion written all over his eyes.

“You haven’t heard my coughing yet, have you?”

Luke shook his head, and Thad smiled. “You will. And it’ll terrify you. But you’ll get used to it.”

Trent swallowed, trying to force the tickling in his chest back a bit. “No matter how I sound, I’m not asthmatic, I’m not dying and I don’t have TB. I promise.”

“… What?”

He went to answer, but it grew too much, the burning down where his throat joined his lungs. Right there. All it took was one inhalation to talk and it caught – and it was a bad one too. Of course. He bent forward, hands clapped straight over his face, stomach tight as a brick wall as he coughed, tried to get the entire fit over.

Luke’s eyes widened and he paled – but he just moved up wordlessly, grabbing Trent’s mug from the coffee table and holding it out for him.

Finally they seemed to die down, and he fell back, gasping. “See?” He said weakly, wincing as he took a sip of tea.

“Are… you okay?”

He wanted to kiss Luke, try to reassure him. But all he could do was smile and focus on making his chest behave. “Fine. Rips my throat, but I can breathe.”

“For the time being.”

His eyes met Thad’s, who looked just as concerned as this morning. “Relax – they’re dry. Just painful.”

“Does that mean I won’t be hearing much of your gorgeous voice today?” Luke now perched himself on the arm of Trent’s chair, his hand on his back, rubbing circles too, but these deeper, stronger, working into the muscles, the fingers splayed out to further the contact… He’d mentioned before to Luke that he liked that… It was amazing to have someone there, someone who’d never shy away from contact, who’d always reach out, who’d provide that contact, that love, without words, without even needing to see his face.

“Not that I have much of a voice at the moment.” He sniffed, closed his eyes for a moment… breathed. In and out. In and out. No more coughing. Please.

“Why don’t you go back to bed, hmm? Get some more rest?”

“I’m okay. Not great, obviously,” he forced deep breaths, reaching for his mug, “but I’m not dying. I can do class and at least watch rehearsal.”

“You say that now,” Thad interjected… but he could barely hear it. Almost like he was choking on Thad’s prediction, he just gave in, diaphragm clenching, everything forcing upwards, blood rushing towards his head as what felt like he tried to cough up his own pleura. Not fun.

They took it out of him, these attacks. Each one seem to drain more and more energy from him, and what did they achieve? There weren’t any toxins in the air, and he was pretty sure he didn’t have any pathogens that far down. So… why?

“Ugh…”

His head was fully pounding now. To be honest, he was just grateful that he hadn’t thrown up. If each spell took this much effort…

Luke slid down and pulled his head over. “Hey, you alright? Relatively?”

He drew a deep, shuddering breath. “Yeah, just… dizzy,” he admitted.

“Aww, honey.” He shivered as he felt soft lips pressing against his neck, strong hand still on his far shoulder. He felt guarded somehow, protected. “What can I do to help? Do you want to lie down? Or have some water? Or ginger or something?”

As much as he was loathe to admit it, it was amazingly nice to have Luke caring for him. Not the usual Warbler hovering – this was different somehow. More intimate, perhaps. The Warblers would be there to clean him up, but Luke would be there to kiss it away. The Warblers would cook for him and make sure he had everything he needed – but it would be Luke who’d sit by his side with a spoon in hand.

“Trent…?”

“Mmm…” It was bubbling up again. Like there were fingers in his chest, and the nails were scratching up and down his lungs, his throat. Because of course it was going to be one of those days. “I… Maybe I will go sleep. I’m not that hungry… I don’t really want breakfast…”

“Sounds like a good idea.” He was amazed at the softness in Thad’s tone. “I can bring you up something before class, something easy… Oatmeal?”

“I don’t…” know if I can stomach it… “Yeah, that’d be great. Thank you…” Wuss.

Luke placed a final kiss to his temple. “Okay, let’s get you back into bed.” They moved forward, Luke helping him to his feet, taking on some of Trent’s weight, and off they went upstairs. And then the last thing he knew, he was back in his pyjamas, Luke tucking him in tightly and kissing his forehead, with promises of being back soon.

The sleep didn’t help. It never did. By the time first period rolled around, he couldn’t even contemplate sitting up – just rolling over in bed to spit in a trash bag with each coughing fit. Thad, Jeff and the school nurse all came to check on him throughout the day, but all of them said the same thing – rest, fluids, no talking, no exertion. Pretty damn boring, really, and not that useful, considering each time he tried to stand up he ended up either crouching over with nausea or flat on his back willing the room to stop spinning…

He couldn’t miss Warblers though. There was no way in hell he was singing – his voice had given out sometime around lunch so that all he could really do was squeak – but, damn it, sitting and listening was not too much to ask. No way. It was just getting there that was the problem…

And thank God for Luke.

Seriously, who else would do it? He’d just accepted it without question. He’d came the instant school finished and sat down next to Trent, put one arm around his waist, fingers digging in to his stomach, and they’d stood up and walked down. With every cough or sneeze, Luke would just help him to a seat or hold him upright, murmuring sweet nothings and kissing him all over until he felt good enough to keep going. And when they finally got to the choir room, he’d just sat on the couch and pulled Trent after him, clutching him against his chest with his head against his neck, and he snuggled in to every corner, bodies fully entwining, as Nick pulled over tissues and a blanket and David went to make tea.

He was a little surprised, to be honest. He was always a touchy-feely person, but normally he was independent. The others would help him out, rub his back, give him hugs, that sort of thing. But now he… almost felt needy. He wanted Luke to look after him. He just wanted hugs and for people to talk to him and Luke there to hold him and reassure him and sing to him and…

What was going on?

Whatever. He was sick. He could be that way for once.

“Oh, look what the cat dragged in.” Sebastian was the first to enter the ‘biohazard’, plonking himself down on the floor in front of them. But he smiled, his eyes crinkling in that soft manner whenever he actually cared for the person rather than what he could get from them. “We missed you in music – are you feeling any better?”

He smiled, though a little forced. “Couple of days, I’ll be alright. Got sick of staring at Thad’s bed all day though!”

“Yeah, the vomit-green will do that to you. Unless he’s got the mustard at the moment?”

Trent couldn’t help the chuckle, but it wasn’t long before they morphed into more deep barking coughs.

“Hey, easy… Deep breaths, come on…”

Luke’s arms again tightened around him as he jolted – which really couldn’t have been comfortable for him, but he said nothing. And when he finally emerged, eyes streaming and gulping down air, he didn’t let go.

“Shit, Trent.” Sebastian burnt red. “I’m sorry, I forgot…”

“Not your fault…” But the next onslaught had taken hold – not in his chest this time but his nose. Like his body somehow enjoyed this ridiculing. This vulnerability. “Oh, God… Heh-ehhhehKSTCH’ah!

“Bless you!” chorused the entire room.

Luke just gave him another kiss. But it was all downhill from there.

In all honesty, he probably should have expected it to happen. Knowing how his coughs turned out, getting through rehearsal with minimal distraction was probably a bit of a tall order. But he’d hoped that he could at least get them through one song without:

My life, you elec-

HrrrASH’OO!

My life

Let’s conspire to

Heh-KSTCH’uh-KSTCHH!

The souls that would die just

Heh’NGT!

Alive…

Like he was allergic to goddamn singing or something. Unless it actually was the vibrations of Luke’s chest against his cheek…

But it built to a point where even Hunter cut them all off. Because as much as everyone said it (or as loath as he was to admit it), they did all have a point. It was ridiculous. He wasn’t contributing anything anymore – he couldn’t make his body behave long enough to pay attention and give feedback. He was just a hindrance.

“Trent… Why are you here?” The leader didn’t look as annoyed as his tone implied – just concerned. “You should be in bed. Not infecting the rest of us.”

He only shook his head, trying to refrain from breaking.

“Yeah, you look horrible…”

“I feel horrible,” he admitted, “but that doesn’t mean I won’t come hang out with you guys…”

Nick just pulled a silver spoon from his back pocket, handing it over – though the meaning was obvious. “Don’t run out of these,” he said cryptically. “You need to look after yourself. Which, yes, does mean being bored out of your mind and sleeping. But you’ll be a lot better off in the long run. I mean, look at what happened to me way back.”

He did have a point.

“Besides, isn’t one of the main objectives of the Warblers fostering a healthy environment? I’m pretty sure I read that crap somewhere in that freaking manual.” Hunter rolled his eyes – apparently his love of tradition wasn’t quite as OCD-like as Wes’ had been. “You all know that I’m here to push you – but by no standard does that mean beyond breaking point.”

“Ugh. Fi… fiiiihiGISH’uh!

“Bless you!”

But it was Luke that finally convinced him. Just a sly wink and a whispered, “If you go to bed, I’m gonna follow you. And I make a pretty hot nurse, I think you’ll find.”

Trent buried himself down into Luke’s biceps. Maybe – just maybe – he could learn to live with this sort of treatment.

And another. Because sneezy!Hunter with a touch of vulnerability is lovely to write (for a change)!

Prompt: Strength

Words: 611

Characters: Hunter,

If Hunter Clarington worked out one thing in life, it was how to push through just about anything. The military was great at that – particularly if they had high hopes for you. And so he rose to that expectation. He’d once led cadets on a bushwalk sporting a fractured foot, and then taken parade for the next month on crutches. When the hierarchy in his division began to fail, he was the one to step up and organise for tutoring and classes for his dorm for the next few weeks. And even at the end of it, when they shit his entire history in the school paper and he was packing his bags, he still managed to lead the school choir to nationals.

So a cold shouldn’t be a big deal, right?

... And then he met Sebastian. And everything began to change.

It started one morning with a sneeze, plain and simple. Just a tiny little thing that he caught in his hands and thought nothing further of. A sneeze does not pneumonia make.

Except this sneeze was followed by another. And another. And they got stronger too, harder to stifle, louder and squeakier as his the congestion in his nose magnified seemingly exponentially. He got up wordlessly – it was still only about 6 in the morning – and made his way to the bathroom. Though of course, that was where he was found just a few minutes later.

EkTSHH’oo! Eh… hehGNXT! HehGNXT!

“Jesus, bless you!”

“Don’t believe ind… hhhKSHHHoo! ind Himb.”

Sebastian rolled his eyes, standing behind Hunter and tracing his arms under Hunt’s and wrapping around his chest. “It’s a figure of speech… Are you alright?”

He nodded once, though in the mirror he could see already his face slackening and Seb’s eyes widening in response. “Heh… Iiehhh… NGCH’OO!

“Bless you, bless you.” The arms tightened around his body, and Seb’s lips pressed down near his ear. “What’s going on? Are you sick?”

He shrugged, though he knew it wouldn’t be believable. Allergies wouldn’t hit him quite like this.

“You’re pretty pale,” he commented, chin nuzzling into his neck.

HehNGXT!

“And you can’t stop sneezing.” Another kiss to the jaw. “And, you’re stifling. You don’t tend to have time to do that for allergies.”

He chuckled, low and brief, watching the reflection of the wry grin behind him. “You kndow how I… iiiUSH’UH!

“Yes, I know your ‘achoo’s pretty well by now.” Sebastian spun him around, placing a kiss on his forehead before gazing deep into his eyes… He couldn’t help but be a little enchanted by those deep grey… “Plus you hid in here. And it’s starting too early.”

“You’ve put a lot of thought indto this…”

“I put a lot of thought into everything about you.”

“Too mbuch thought… HiiiIISHU!

“So, I’ll ask you again,” Sebastian said with that twinkle in his eye, “are you alright?”

“Well…” He sighed. Those firm hands on his shoulders and the concern masked under a cheeky glint got too much. “I mbight have a… GISH’oo!... a cold. Add…” He sniffed, deep and wet. “I’d kill for sombe tissues, if you’ve got andy…”

Bas let go with one hand, pulling a handkerchief from his pocket and wiping Hunter’s nose for him. “That wasn’t so hard, was it?”

HIGISHU-ISHU!” He sniffed again, but let himself be pulled even closer, head turning to the side. “I dond’t like appearigg weak.”

But ever quick on his feet, of course Sebastian had a response. “Hunt… Sometimes the strongest thing you can do is admit you need help.” And there they stood, chest to chest, cheek to cheek, as Hunter finally began to learn to let go.

I guess I don't have to tell you that I'm a sucker for your Huntbastian. I loved all the subtlety.

I'm also starting to develop a soft spot for Luke. ;)

Awesome, as always!

Awwwwh that's adorable :) and I read a few drabbles I've seemed to miss on this thread . Am I the only one who misses Klaine?. I request a Klaine fic :) maybe. Allergies preferebly and if you can't do Klaine then any allergies with charecters work c:

• 2 weeks later...

gummiflummi: Yay! I'm really glad that someone likes Luke! Though, I now have another Warbler... just because... who is going to get interesting. I'll bring him in later, I think, but he'll be interesting with the whole Truke thing... tonguesmiley.gif Thanks for the comment! And I will get to replying to, well, everything. Because I'm hopeless. But have a Warbler drabble as a peace offering?

DeathNoteOwner: Thanks! I have a wee bit of Klaine for you, hope it's alright! Is there anything in particular you'd like to see?

So, as always, I'm at work. As always, it takes me WAY too long to get these up. But I have this little thing I've written in about 20 minutes (gotta love em!) that has - drum roll - OLD SCHOOL WARBLERS! ... Well, it has Wes. I'm thinking this is a little bit after Kurt's transferred back to McKinley, but it can be whenever you want, really biggrin.png So, hope you enjoy it!

Also, please, please, please send me prompts! They're so much fun to fill! And you guys are brilliant at coming up with ideas for me (aka I'm lazy and don't have time often to think of amazing plot ideas tonguesmiley.gif )

Last thing, we totally have a Glee drabble going on. And there are old Warblers, but it's basically just gummiflummi and me doing them, so... please come play with us! There are heaps of views, and 5? of us writing. So we'd really love to have someone else come and play too!

Okay. On to drabble 71. HOMG. And, over 34,000 views. Like... what the hell. You guys are amazing!

Prompt: Life

Characters: Klaine, with side-serving of Wes and Niff.

Words: 597

Heh’kishh’oo! Heh’kishh!

“Bless you, Wes!”

Hi’itch!

“Bless you, Kurt!”

He glared at them all, anyone within his line of sight. “Come away with us, you said. We’ve got a boat, you said. It’ll be fun, you – Hi’ISHU!

“Bless!”

He glared at Wes too, but accepted the proffered Kleenex grudgingly. “I hate you all.”

“Aww, it’s not so bad,” Nick smiled from his left. “Give the meds time to kick in and you’ll both be fine.”

“Burning to death, away from any sort of phone line and sneezing my head off is not exactly my definition of – hi’itch! Hihh’itch! HiiISHHU!

“Bless you!”

It took all his willpower not to roll his eyes. Even now, they still managed to bless him in perfect harmony. Freaking Warblers.

… No, not really. He did appreciate the gesture… somewhere. Apparently they all went on a holiday somewhere each semester, and this time round they’d hijacked someone’s boat. (Probably Thad’s, he seems the type…) He’d managed to escape the seasickness that seemed to have holed up a good number of them the day before… but today had, for whatever reason, kicked off the allergies. Fun times, fun times. At least they were sympathetic, but…

Heh’kishh’oo’kishh! Heh’KISH’OO!

Bless you!”

… it was still frustrating. Almost like running out of gas 10 miles from Dalton when running late frustrating. Not to mention that he was so accustomed to keeping this poised, perfect image of himself, and here he was, sitting on Blaine’s lap – his boyfriend’s lap – and being anything but.

So not exactly what he’d been preparing for. Though Blaine was pretty understanding really – just laying next to him on the deck chair and grabbing tissues from everyone and, well… distractions. Because Blaine was lying with him. On the same chair. On a freaking boat.

“You feeling any better?”

He sniffed, before turning to meet Blaine, finding only concern in his eyes. He nodded slowly, lip catching itself in his teeth as he tried to bite back further sneezes.

“Come here – roll on your side.”

Not a commanding voice – just confidant. He loved that Blaine could carry that off. So he rolled over, and then Blaine’s hands were on his shoulders and back, fingers working into the muscles there, and he couldn’t help but let out a tiny moan… That felt great…

Wes, whose chest he was now staring at, grinned. “Mbagic hands?”

But he couldn’t express his annoyance, the tingling in his nose growing strong again. “Heh… hitchoo! HiiISHU!

“Bless you.”

Ugh. More blessings. He wanted to go away from people and sneeze in peace. But he didn’t want to move at all – not if Blaine kept this up. And there were tissues and meds and people here… First world problems.

Blaine nuzzled down into the corner of his neck then, kissing his cheek gently first. “Feeling better now?”

He was loath to admit it, but – “… Yeah. Thanks.”

Told you he has magic hands!” Wes said.

“Yeah, he does have amazing ones…” Jeff spoke up – then “Ow! Not as amazing as yours!” as Nick slapped his chest.

Wes jolted up, abs tight as anything as he started gasping – and Kurt knew what was coming. Though he was trying to ignore his own nose too. But, of course, to no avail.

Heh’kishh!

HiCHIEW!

“Bless you both!” He could tell Blaine was trying not to laugh as they both blew their noses in perfect sync.

“Jesus Christ, what the hell are you both allergic to on a bloody boat?”

He bit back a chuckle as he met Wes’ eye and they both responded – “Life.”

HiCHIEW!

Heh’KISH’oo!

Wowie this is amazing. ! I love it . Really though that is the best Drabble In the world <3 love it. Just perfection :3

Yiii sneezy!Kurt! :)

And Hunter was just...*buries head in pillow and screams of joy* w00t.gif

• 3 weeks later...

I'm soooooooo in love with this! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Personally, Niff with sneezy!Jeff and Hunbastian with sneezy!Hunter are my favorites! Keep up the good work!

• 1 month later...

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

HI GUYS! I'm back!

Sorry for the wait... Work. And work. And then the US. And now work and study. What else is new?

... Actually, the US was fun. I got to go be an extra for Buffering - anyone here watch it? It's BRILLIANT. - and so got to meet a few Warblers (Curt, Dom and Titus.) And I got to flirt with Joe Moses. Which was brilliant. And then the normal LA things... Disneyland, Griffith Park and Observatory, Paramount and Warner Bros, etc... HEAPS of fun!

How have you all been?

... So, I do FINALLY have an update. I was trying to get it done before America, but, you know, life gets in the way sometimes... It was a prompt from Ruskie, which I'll go over in the next post WITH the update, but an amazing prompt and hope I've done it justice! I'm always open to prompts so, please, if there's anything you want to see, let me know! Because of this huge arse test I've got coming up - the GAMSAT (which is 6 hours and you have to sit it if you want to do postgrad Med in Australia...) in March - it may take me awhile... but I will get around to them, I promise!

... I think that may be it in terms of updates for the while. Just in case anyone actually reads through these huge blurbs. Because, you know. :P

Thank you all for sticking through these with me. I'm amazed that one person has read these, let alone... I think we're over 37,000 hits now? So thank you. Even if you're just lurking (which, by the way, is cool but it's more fun when you say hi. I don't bite, promise! (unless you want me to?) And if there's something you like... or want to see... let me know!). It really does mean a lot. :-)

Okay, think that's it. Update is on its way! :D :D :D

So, Ruskie sent in the amazing prompt of Sebastian having really bad allergies when playing lacrosse, maybe with it affecting his game. ... As always, I like my creative licence (... well, my muse just has a mind of its own) and this sort of developed... which for me was really interesting, seeing more backstory for Sebastian... but I hope it's okay? If not let me know and I'll give it another shot!

And here we are. Prompt 72, I think! Where have they all gone?!

Prompt: Contempt

Words: 2,088

He was vaguely aware of the sun streaming down on his back as he scanned the field once, but he couldn’t bask in the warmth. Not with the weight of the ball in his net, and no one open within his range. And so he sprinted off, dodging past a tall Worthington guy that looked more like a footballer, always keeping Jeff in his peripheral vision as he raced towards the goal.

“Go, Bastian, go, Bastian, GO!”

“Attack, attack!”

Dalton’s four up front were all occupied, the opponent’s defence unwavering. He had a clear line at goal, but no way of getting the ball to his attackers.

“SHOOT IT!”

With a gasp of air he drew back, then with every ounce of strength he had left, he flung the ball forward.

“YES!”

The grounds erupted as he bent forward, hands on his knees. 20 seconds left to the half and they’d finally levelled the score!

“You little beauty!” Jeff slapped his back as the team formed a circle around him. Not that he could focus on that at the moment…

Heh’kIESH’uh!

He was a little amazed he could keep the sneezing to a minimum… The sun was out, and it was hot and dry, grass everywhere… Every step he took, he could see puffs rising up to spell out ALLERGEN. But, he was captain, and his team needed him. Itching nose and watering eyes or not.

“Bless you!” Jeff smirked a little as the made their way back to midfield. “You’re gonna regret this for the next few days, aren’t ya?”

Sebastian just sniffed. “Yeah, but Hunter… h’kshhh! …”

“Bless.”

He shook his head. “Hunter’s gonna enjoy it. Especially once we bring home that trophy.”

“Bringing home the glory.”

“What else?”

Jeff grinned. “Hunter’s out there rooting for you.”

It was a seemingly innocent sentence, but he’d known Jeff long enough that he couldn’t say (or drink) root beer without cracking up laughing. He settled for swatting the blond on the back of the head.

“Ah, come on. Twenty seconds to show these guys why we’re the reigning champs.”

Sebastian shook his head. “And why you never take on an Australian in a sport. Ever.”

“Yeah, well, I can’t carry the entire team myself.” They jogged back to starting positions, waiting. “Now… Let’s go!”

hhh-hep-CHOO! Hep-choo-HEP-choo!

Jeff watched their captain sniff into his fingers, hands remaining clamped over his nose and mouth. The others looked over from time to time, but each had their own battles to run through. He slid down on the wall beside him, a few tissues playing through his fingers. “You sure you’re okay, Sebastian?”

“It’s sweet of you to ask, Jeff, but I’m fine. Promise.” The brunet pulled his fingers away, accepting the Kleenex. But apparently even a second was enough for the pollen to barrage his nose again. “ihh… KSH! IiiKSH’U! HehhhhHEP-choo!

“Bless you.” He paused as Seb gave a gurgling blow, reaching into his bag for the tissue box again. “You’re not getting sick?”

“Don’t think… so…” His breath hitched, but it led nowhere. Didn’t seem to stop the pained expression, the clenching between the eyebrows though. “Just really bad hayfever today…”

“You don’t seem to stifle normally – just when you’ve got a cold…”

Sebastian smiled, though it didn’t quite meet his eyes. “I think once I start letting them out, I’m not gonna be able to stop. Eh…

“It’s not like you’re doing much of a good job stopping them anyway.”

EhhhISHHHHhh’A!” Sebastian’s eyes were shut, one hand clutching his mouth, but he still managed to give Jeff the old one-fingered salute. “I’KISH!

“Are you gonna be alright to finish the game?” He asked quietly, aware of several pairs of eyes burning into them. He’d seen Seb weaker than this, sure, but… something was still worrying him.

“Yeah, I’ll – hep-CHOO!

“Do you want meds or something?”

HrrUSH’AH!” Sebastian’s eyes fluttered closed again, but his breathing stabilised, just shallow, panting. “Ugh, done, I think…” His voice was flooded with congestion, eyes streaming, but they still had that stubborn, competitive gleam to them. “Ndo mbeds. That will kndock mbe out. I cand get this under control…”

“We’ve only got seven more minutes left in air-con, then back to the pollen…” He brought Seb’s hands down from his face, staring into his eyes, watching them burn back. Why was he so keen on the torture? It wasn’t like Hunter was out there – too busy catching up on history assignments. And, sure, he was captain, and captain for a reason… but it was only Worthington. Wasn’t it?

“Jeff. I’mb finde. I’mb playing third quarter. Endd of story.”

Nope. There was definitely more to this story. Jeff rolled his eyes, dumping the Kleenex box as he stood to stretch and begin warming up once more. “Let’s hope it stays that way.”

Of course it didn’t stay that way. Why would it? The blond was always right.

It had to be today. He was waiting in the midfield, watching the ball fly up from tackle after tackle down their defence, trying everything in his power to stop rubbing at the side of his nose… and keep his opponent as busy as he was.

Trouble was, recognition was starting to flick in his opponent’s eyes. He’d heard the whispers when they’d started playing – they all had. But the first guy he was on had been completely new. This one… he could hardly bear to even think the name. But here he was – Corey. The same guy that had sent him packing to France. The same guy that had made his life absolute living hell. And if – not if, when – he put all those tiny pieces together… worked out why Sebastian looked familiar…

Maybe he’d changed. Maybe he’d put the judgement aside. But probably not.

H’kesh’hh!

C… The guy… leered at him. “Bless you, princess. Is the grass getting too much for you?”

His voice was a half-octave or so deeper than when they’d last met, but the hatred embedded in his genes hadn’t changed at all. Sebastian could only turn away, rub his nose on his sleeve, and cheer as Tyler finally gained control of the ball and began sprinting their way.

Ignoring him apparently wasn’t the right response though. Corey just stepped sideways, back into Sebastian’s eyeline, blocking him from moving. “Don’t think so, princess. I’m not finished with you yet.”

He wiped at his eyes, which were beginning to water again, all the while his breath hitching. He’d thought just playing was torture… but this? “Heh-heh… MPTSH’hhh!” He snorted, stepping around and beginning to jog towards their scoring end. “Didn’t realise I was your type to finish,” he bit over his shoulder.

The hulk stood silent for half a second as he processed his words, and Bas almost rued the fact he couldn’t see the insult slap him across the face. But he’d been known, even back in middle school, for his smarmy wit, and he didn’t want the chance of that and his voice combined to set him off. He didn’t want to see that final piece fall into place… and transform him from ‘just another Dalton idiot’ to Sebastian Smythe, boy wanted dead or alive.

And then he was off, running full-pelt towards him, nothing else in his sight. Not defending their goal, not stealing the ball and making an attempt at scoring… He could see it in his eyes. Corey knew who he was. And Corey, once again, was after his blood.

He managed to end up near Jeff again, just out of proper earshot, by the time Corey caught up. He was panting, one hand on his stick and the other fluttering near his face, eyes almost shut in allergic desperation.

H’KSH’uh! Heh… MPTSH-iiih’KSHH’OO!

He pitched forward, hand slamming to his knee to keep himself upright.

Huh-huh… eeeehISH’oo! Hep-CHOO!

Corey was now standing over him, hands brandishing the lacrosse stick like they would a baseball bat. “Cover your mouth, fag.”

“Good thing it’s ndot contagious – ndot evend the fags wandt you.”

He walloped the stick into his hand… a direct threat. Sebastian’s back would be next if he didn’t move. “Is that any way to treat your superiors?”

“Hope you don’t meand yourself, condsidering that I’mb captaind and…” He smothered a sneeze into his elbow as Dalton finally scored again. “we’re ndow actually beating you Worthingtond dicks.”

Corey chuckled, without mirth. “Dicks? What’s happened to the mighty vocabulary of Sebastian Smythe? Did you bury it with your mother?”

He saw red. Any sort of control he’d managed to keep flew away, and he shoved, trying to put as much distance between them both. He saw Corey hit the ground, heard the umpire blow the whistle, and Jeff’s arms were wrapped around him, holding him while he fought.

“I… IESH!... Let mbe go! Iih’KSH’OO! IESH’OO! … You bastard! Jeff, let go of mbe.”

The arms moved back, but the hands from the blond slid over his chest and pinned his biceps down, restricting any movement. “He’s not worth it.”

“Mby… IiiUSH’uh!

“I heard,” Jeff said quietly, “and I get it. But he is not worth it.”

Sebastian forced in a breath, trying to shake it. “You don’t…” Another breath. The clouds of red faded slightly, and he became more and more aware of every pair of eyes on him, on Jeff’s fingers cutting into his arm and Tyler’s hand on his chest, and everyone just hovering, edgy. “I’mb okay.”

“You sure about that?” The Australian’s voice was full of sarcasm, so foreign and removed from its usual warmth and calmness. “I’m calling for a time-out.”

“Wh – h’KSH! – Ndo!”

“Seb, don’t push,” Ty warned.

“I’m pulling rank here, Sebastian. You need to cool off. And it’s my job as your friend to look after you.”

“Don’t you dare – hep-CHOO! – try telling mbe – I’KSH’oo’KISH! – that this is ind mby best indterest.”

“Sebastian.” Jeff pulled him away to the side, walking briskly towards the bench yet speaking quietly, almost in a monotone, trying to prevent him flying off the handle again. “Stop and think for a minute, why don’t you?”

“I cand’t,” he admitted. “Because that… that… MPTSH! … that’ll ondly mbake mbe wandt to beat himb… iiiiIIISHH! … indto a pulp evend mbore.”

“Exactly.” They sat down, looking at the rest of the team stand awkwardly on the field. “Why didn’t you tell us this was where you went to school?”

He couldn’t say anything.

“I get it. This is you proving to yourself that you’ve moved on. That you’re a different person. That those memories – whatever the hell they are – they’re distant, they aren’t what keeps you up at night.”

H’KISH!

“Bless you.” He looked up finally to meet Jeff’s eyes… but there wasn’t sympathy there. No pity whatsoever. There was just kindness… “By losing it with that bastard, you’re giving him control over you, over your emotions. He’s going to go home a smug arsehole no matter how many bones you broke… because he managed to get under your skin. And I would hate to see a prick like that get that sort of satisfaction, no matter how much we all want to beat the shit out of him.”

Sebastian rubbed at his nose. He couldn’t really see Jeff’s point yet… but at least he now knew there was one.

“And, what’s more,” he continued, fishing out a packet of antihistamines from his pocket, “you’re not in a state to be playing right now, I’m sorry.”

“I’mb – ish’KISH’oo! …”

“Sebastian, if it were any of us, we’d have on a sub. You’re fantastic, but if it were any of us, you’d’ve benched us with tissues and meds and masks. You’re letting your emotions push you on… and I can’t let the outcome of this game, whatever it is, be linked in that way. You won’t gain closure from a win, no matter how good it feels… But if we lose, that guilt is going to eat you up. And I’m not going to sit back and watch that happen.”

“I’mb sorry,” he whispered. Jeff had this way of cutting into you, seeing what an issue was and… reaching across that. He still wasn’t used to someone with that power using it to protect him rather than hurt though…

“I don’t blame you.” Jeff smiled sadly. “In fact, I’d probably do the exact same thing…”

H’k’iESH’oo!

“Take the Zyrtec,” the blond commanded. “I want to hear your voice from the bench.”

MPTSH! Eh… Iehh… Ish’kish’ki’ESH’OO! Eh… heh… YESH’OO’ESH!

Sebastian really hated allergies.

*squeals* amazing! I love it soooo much! It's so well written and and and just brilliant!!! If it isn't too much trouble, I'd like to request Niff with a sick and allergic Jeff and a worried, care-taking Nick, please?

This was amazing! I was hoping that there'd be an update soon. I would really love more Seb and his crazy cat allergies, if that's possible. (Also, holy shit! You're in Buffering? That's awesome!)

THAT WAS MORE BRILLIANT THEN I IMAGINED!

You are so incredibly talented and this was for sure worth the wait!

Archived