Sneeze Fetish Forum

2nd Drabble Challenge - beatlelover22

beatlelover22

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/29/2019 at 1:12 PM, Thatonestranger said:

Can you do another Peter Parker one?

I actually wrote that Peter Parker one awhile ago and honestly, I shouldn't be writing Peter Parker because even though Tom Holland is an adult, Peter is generally a kid and I shouldn't be writing characters that are minors 😕 I'm sorry for the inconvenience!!! I'm sure there are lots of good writers that will write him!

Opportunities | 11 – 33% | 12 – Dead Wrong | 13 – Running Away | 14 – Judgement | 15 – Seeking Solace | 16 – Excuses 17 – Vengeance | 18 – Love 19 – Tears | 20 – Inspiration | 21 – Never Again | 22 – Online 23 – Failure | 24 – Rebirth 25 – Breaking Away | 26 – Forever and a Day | 27 – Lost and Found | 28 – Light | 29 – Dark | 30 – Faith | 31 – Colours | 32 – Exploration | 33 – Seeing Red 34 – Shades of Grey | 35 – Forgotten 36 – Dreamer | 37 – Mist | 38 – Burning 39 – Out of Time | 40 – Knowing How 41 – Fork in the Road | 42 – Start | 43 – Nature's Fury 44 – At Peace | 45 – Heart Song | 46 – Reflection47 – Perfection|48 – Everyday Magic | 49 – Umbrella | 50 – Party | 51 – Troubling Thoughts | 52 – Wind | 53 – Future | 54 – Health 55 – Separation | 56 – Everything for You |57 – Slow Down | 58 – Heart-felt Apology | 59 – Challenged | 60 – Exhaustion | 61 – Accuracy | 62 – Irregular Orbit 63 – Cold Embrace | 64 – Frost | 65 Moment in Time 66 – Dangerous Territory | 67 – Boundaries | 68 – Unsettling | 69Shattered | 70 – Bitter 71 – Silence | 72 – Weather | 73 – Pretense | 74 – Patience | 75 – Midnight | 76 – Shadows | 77 – Summer Haze |78–Memories79 – Change | 80 – Illogical 81 – Only Human | 82 – A Place to Belong 83 –Advantage | 84 – Breakfast | 85 – Echoes | 86 – Falling |87– Picking up the Pieces | 88 – Gunshot | 89 – Possession | 90 – Twilight | 91 – Nowhere | 92 –Nothing | 93 – Answers | 94 – Innocence | 95 – Simplicity 96 –Reality | 97 – Acceptance | 98 – Lesson | 99 – Enthusiast | 100 – Game | 101 – Revelation

96. Unbreakable
Fandom: Iron Man (all media types)
Characters/Pairings: Tony Stark/James Rupert Rhodey Rhodes
Prompt: Reflection
Disclaimer: I dont own the previously mentioned fandom, quotes, plots, nor any of its characters.

“Aren’t you ever bored of being so nice and polite?” Tony asks, rolling his eyes as Rhodey types out another perfectly worded, polite email.

They’re drinking wine together on a Friday night in at Tony’s request. Rhodey knows Tony’s had a long week (what made it so long for him, Rhodey doesn’t know) and doesn’t mind spending a night in, as long as he can clean out his inbox.

Tony sips on his glass of merlot delicately — savoring the notes of plum and clove — and licks his bottom lip as he swallows. “You almost done? I want to watch The Bachelor.”

“That show is such shit and you know it,” Rhodey laughs, quickly deleting one last email.

With shaking hands, Tony sits his glass back on the table and starts hitching.

H-hihhh… hih’TSCHEW!

His sneezes sound relatively feminine, so much so that Rhodey cracks a smile. “Bless y—”

But Tony’s not done. “Heh’SSSCHEW! Hahhh… ahhH! TSSH!

Tony sniffles, delicately rubs at his nose and looks at Rhodey with fiercely watering eyes. “It’s the w-wine.”

At this point, Rhodey can barely focus, but he’s trying to focus on the words Tony’s saying to him as opposed to Tony’s sneezes, which for some reason, he finds irresistible.

“The wine?”

Focus, focus, Rhodey thinks to himself, wearing a successful poker face. Do not reflect on the other memories of Tony sneezing. 

Tony nods blearily, his mouth stretching open again. “B-Banner said it could be the sulfites or hihhhh… h-histamines in the wine, but he’s not — hah’TSSSHEW! — he’s not s-sure.”

“Bless you,” Rhodey says, almost breathlessly.

With a sudden, gasping breath, Tony’s nostrils quiver and send him into a quick fit, desperately trying to expel an irritant that isn’t there. “Ahh… ahH! Hah’TSHH! Hh’TSCHEW! Hh’TSH! Hehhh… ehhH! TSSSH!

The last sneeze prompts Tony to blindly grope around the table for tissues, knocking the wine glass to the tiled floor.

“Shit,” he hears Rhodey say, but Tony snatches a tissue out of the box and waves him away.

“Hey, it’s okay,” Tony says, sniffling. “I made these wine glasses unbreakable for a reason.” 

Opportunities | 11 – 33% | 12 – Dead Wrong | 13 – Running Away | 14 – Judgement | 15 – Seeking Solace | 16 – Excuses 17 – Vengeance | 18 – Love 19 – Tears | 20 – Inspiration | 21 – Never Again | 22 – Online 23 – Failure | 24 – Rebirth 25 – Breaking Away | 26 – Forever and a Day | 27 – Lost and Found | 28 – Light | 29 – Dark | 30 – Faith | 31 – Colours32 – Exploration | 33 – Seeing Red 34 – Shades of Grey | 35 – Forgotten 36 – Dreamer | 37 – Mist | 38 – Burning 39 – Out of Time | 40 – Knowing How 41 – Fork in the Road | 42 – Start | 43 – Nature's Fury 44 – At Peace | 45 – Heart Song | 46 – Reflection 47 – Perfection|48 – Everyday Magic | 49 – Umbrella | 50 – Party | 51 – Troubling Thoughts | 52 – Wind | 53 – Future | 54 – Health 55 – Separation | 56 – Everything for You |57 – Slow Down | 58 – Heart-felt Apology | 59 – Challenged | 60 – Exhaustion | 61 – Accuracy | 62 – Irregular Orbit 63 – Cold Embrace | 64 – Frost | 65 Moment in Time 66 – Dangerous Territory | 67 – Boundaries | 68 – Unsettling | 69Shattered | 70 – Bitter 71 – Silence | 72 – Weather | 73 – Pretense | 74 – Patience | 75 – Midnight | 76 – Shadows | 77 – Summer Haze |78–Memories79 – Change | 80 – Illogical 81 – Only Human | 82 – A Place to Belong 83 –Advantage | 84 – Breakfast | 85 – Echoes | 86 – Falling |87– Picking up the Pieces | 88 – Gunshot | 89 – Possession | 90 – Twilight | 91 – Nowhere | 92 –Nothing | 93 – Answers | 94 – Innocence | 95 – Simplicity 96 –Reality | 97 – Acceptance | 98 – Lesson | 99 – Enthusiast | 100 – Game | 101 – Revelation

97. Seeing Things
Fandom: Breaking Bad
Characters/Pairings: Jesse Pinkman, Mike Ehrmantraut  
Prompt: Colors
Disclaimer: I dont own the previously mentioned fandom, quotes, plots, nor any of its characters.

When Jesse’s fever hit 103 F, he thought he saw Mike.

Jesse was curled up on his side (he didn’t know where) on a pile of blankets on the floor. Actually, he’d crawled out from under them and was now lying on the cool, concrete. Maybe he was in a warehouse? He just didn’t know.

What he did know was that a) He was sick with the flu and b) It sucked major ass.

Jesse felt the sneeze long before it came and as a result, had a good amount of time to reach up, as if in slow motion, and pinch his irritated nose shut. “H-huhhh… hh’GNNNT!

Okay, well that one hurt. He was seeing colors.

“You shouldn’t do that.”

The voice scared the hell out of him and Jesse was almost too afraid to look in the direction of it. He did anyway and saw Mike, sitting in a chair a few feet away.

“J-Jesus,” Jesse said, voice shaking.

His eyes were wide and frightened as Mike walked toward him with a glass of water. Jesse watched a bead of condensation make a trail down the side of the glass and imagined himself as that drop of water: cool and collected.

“Thinking about something interesting?” Mike asked. “You should drink some water.”

Well, his throat was dry, this was true. But also, the water could be poison.

“N-nah, I’m good.”

Jesse found himself swiping under his nose until Mike groaned, disgusted, and pressed a handful of tissues into his hands.

“Just blow, let’s get this over with.”

But as Jesse buried his nose into the tissues, still curled on his side, his nostrils twitched and he gasped with the need to sneeze instead. “H-hahH! Hih’SSSDZCH!

There was a soft groan and a few minutes passed before Jesse realized the noise belonged to him. A chill went through him and he shuddered involuntarily, blindly groping for the blankets. His whole body hurt and he hated it.

“Cold?” The question was directed at Jesse, but when he didn’t answer, Mike nodded. “Yeah, your fever will be dropping any minute now. You’re okay.” 
“Everything’s s-so cold,” Jesse croaked, coughing into a fist. “I don’t f-fihhhheh’TZSSHH! I don’t feel good.”

Mike felt a twinge of guilt and wished he could just feel nothing. “You’ll feel better once your fever breaks, kid.”

Opportunities | 11 – 33% | 12 – Dead Wrong | 13 – Running Away | 14 – Judgement | 15 – Seeking Solace | 16 – Excuses 17 – Vengeance | 18 – Love 19 – Tears | 20 – Inspiration | 21 – Never Again | 22 – Online 23 – Failure | 24 – Rebirth 25 – Breaking Away | 26 – Forever and a Day | 27 – Lost and Found | 28 – Light | 29 – Dark | 30 – Faith | 31 – Colours 32 – Exploration | 33 – Seeing Red 34 – Shades of Grey | 35 – Forgotten 36 – Dreamer | 37 – Mist | 38 – Burning 39 – Out of Time | 40 – Knowing How 41 – Fork in the Road | 42 – Start | 43 – Nature's Fury 44 – At Peace | 45 – Heart Song | 46 – Reflection 47 – Perfection|48 – Everyday Magic | 49 – Umbrella | 50 – Party | 51 – Troubling Thoughts | 52 – Wind | 53 – Future | 54 – Health 55 – Separation | 56 – Everything for You |57 – Slow Down | 58 – Heart-felt Apology | 59 – Challenged | 60 – Exhaustion | 61 – Accuracy | 62 – Irregular Orbit 63 – Cold Embrace | 64 – Frost | 65 Moment in Time 66 – Dangerous Territory | 67 – Boundaries | 68 – Unsettling | 69Shattered | 70 – Bitter 71 – Silence | 72 – Weather | 73 – Pretense | 74 – Patience | 75 – Midnight | 76 – Shadows | 77 – Summer Haze |78–Memories79 – Change | 80 – Illogical 81 – Only Human | 82 – A Place to Belong 83 –Advantage | 84 – Breakfast | 85 – Echoes | 86 – Falling |87– Picking up the Pieces | 88 – Gunshot | 89 – Possession | 90 – Twilight | 91 – Nowhere | 92 –Nothing | 93 – Answers | 94 – Innocence | 95 – Simplicity 96 –Reality | 97 – Acceptance | 98 – Lesson | 99 – Enthusiast | 100 – Game | 101 – Revelation

98. Feeling Guilty
Fandom: Captain America (all media types)
Characters/Pairings: James Bucky Barnes/Steve Rogers
Prompt: Shadows

“How’s your cold?” Steve asked sympathetically, joining Bucky on one of the couches in Stark Tower. They’d been reunited for maybe a week before Bucky caught a nasty headcold from God knows where, and was currently suffering the repercussions.

“Id’s fide,” Bucky said thickly, swiping under his nose with his good hand.

The cool metal of his other hand felt good near his face and forehead, since he was fevered, but he hated Steve worrying over him and didn’t want him to know he also had a fever.

“Doesn’t sound fine,” Steve told him, trying to judge how bad he really was.

Aside from his flushed cheeks and nose, Bucky looked… like Bucky. Like the normal Bucky. The old Bucky. The Bucky who didn’t see shadows everywhere he turned. Truthfully though, the cold had effectively kicked Bucky on his ass. He was exhausted and really just wanted to take a long nap (preferably with Steve, if possible).

“Trust be, id’s f-fihhh… f-fide,” he choked out.

To Bucky’s dismay, he inhaled sharply and quickly pinched his nostrils shut, stifling a series of sneezes. “HahH! Hh’GNNNT! H-hehh… heh’KKKNT!

“Jesus, Buck,” Steve said, worried. “Those sounded painful to hold in.”

Bucky shook his head, letting his dark locks fall into his eyes for a moment before running his fingers through his hair. “Thad’s just how I sdeeze.”

Steve sighed. “I know but you—”

Bucky’s mouth dropped open again as he gasped with the need to sneeze. “Hh’KKKT! Hih’NNNT!

“Bucky, please, you can’t keep doing that to your nose, you’ll—”

Steve watched Bucky’s eyelashes flutter, watched his nostrils quiver, and knew what he had to do. He quickly grabbed Bucky’s wrist as he brought it up to his nose, preventing him from pinching his nose.

“St-Steve, I’ve godda— h-heh’TSSSCHHUH! TSSDZSSH!

The sneezes shook his core and although he felt guilty for doing it, Steve knew those stifles were hurting Bucky’s head. 

• 2 weeks later...

Opportunities | 11 – 33% | 12 – Dead Wrong | 13 – Running Away | 14 – Judgement | 15 – Seeking Solace | 16 – Excuses 17 – Vengeance | 18 – Love 19 – Tears | 20 – Inspiration | 21 – Never Again | 22 – Online 23 – Failure | 24 – Rebirth 25 – Breaking Away | 26 – Forever and a Day | 27 – Lost and Found | 28 – Light | 29 – Dark | 30 – Faith | 31 – Colours 32 – Exploration | 33 – Seeing Red 34 – Shades of Grey | 35 – Forgotten 36 – Dreamer | 37 – Mist | 38 – Burning 39 – Out of Time | 40 – Knowing How 41 – Fork in the Road | 42 – Start | 43 – Nature's Fury 44 – At Peace | 45 – Heart Song | 46 – Reflection 47 – Perfection|48 – Everyday Magic | 49 – Umbrella | 50 – Party | 51 – Troubling Thoughts | 52 – Wind | 53 – Future | 54 – Health 55 – Separation | 56 – Everything for You |57 – Slow Down | 58 – Heart-felt Apology | 59 – Challenged | 60 – Exhaustion | 61 – Accuracy | 62 – Irregular Orbit 63 – Cold Embrace | 64 – Frost | 65 Moment in Time 66 – Dangerous Territory | 67 – Boundaries | 68 – Unsettling | 69Shattered | 70 – Bitter 71 – Silence | 72 – Weather | 73 – Pretense | 74 – Patience | 75 – Midnight | 76 – Shadows | 77 – Summer Haze |78–Memories79 – Change | 80 – Illogical 81 – Only Human | 82 – A Place to Belong 83 –Advantage | 84 – Breakfast | 85 – Echoes | 86 – Falling |87– Picking up the Pieces | 88 – Gunshot | 89 – Possession | 90 – Twilight | 91 – Nowhere | 92 –Nothing | 93 – Answers | 94 – Innocence | 95 – Simplicity 96 –Reality | 97 – Acceptance | 98 – Lesson | 99 – Enthusiast | 100 – Game | 101 – Revelation

99. Stolen Sweaters
Fandom: Harry Potter (all media types)
Characters/Pairings: Remus Lupin/Nymphadora Tonks
Prompt: Dark

Remus hasn’t felt this miserable in a while.

He’s been reading — an activity he quite enjoys while he’s ill — and constantly gurgling into a handkerchief. It’s the type of headcold one gets only every once in a while. The kind that absolutely bogs a person down, makes them unbearably exhausted but at the same time, just tortured by copious sneezing or a cough that racks their entire frame. Just his luck, Remus has both.

H-heh’DSZCHHUH!

The sneeze sends goosebumps all over his skin and Remus shivers involuntarily. He’s dressed down for the day in a thin, white T-shirt and sweatpants, but it just doesn’t suit him. Anyway, he feels cold.

But when he opens his closet to grab his favorite cashmere sweater, it’s not there. Remus scrubs at his nose, all the while wondering where the almighty hell it could be. The back of his mind suggests Tonks, that maybe she took it, but no, she wouldn’t dare. Would she?

That’s how Remus find himself in Tonks’ room, staring into her closet at his sweater. She’s lying on her bed, also reading a novel of some kind, probably something dark and disturbing and morbid. Remus doesn’t care.

“Tonks, is that… is that my sweater in your closet?”

“Yeah.” She grunts and pops the bubble gum she’s been chewing, still lying on her side. “You can wear it if you want, as long as you put it back later.”

Remus looks at her in disbelief, on the verge of shouting. “Wha— it’s literally my sweater!”

Tonks sits up now, annoyed. “I’d like to wear it later.”

He’s beside himself now. His throat hurts, he can’t stop sneezing and all he wants is his own bloody sweater. “You can’t just take my things!”

Yelling hurts too, but he doesn’t care about that either. 

“Sometimes, I feel like I can’t stand to be in the same room as you,” he grumbles, sniffling.

“That feeling’s mutual.”

Remus mutters some curse under his breath and marches toward her closet. With a sharp inhale of breath, he sneezes and snatches the sweater. “Huh’TSZSSSCHOO!

The sneeze makes him stumble it’s so strong and he’s rearing up for another. “Hh’SZSCHISSSHH!

“Need a handkerchief?” Tonks offers, slyly holding up hers.

“N-no, I don’t need your — hah’TSSSZSCH! — your handkerchief,” he snaps, a forefinger under his trembling nose.

There’s something in Tonks’ eye that twinkles. She’s always been a remarkable — albeit somewhat quirky — young woman, but Remus can’t exactly place what’s made her light up.

“I’m going to lie down,” Remus announces thickly, sniveling into his wrist. “And I’m wearing th-thihhhh… th-this sweater.”

He gasps loudly and pitches forward with another sneeze. “Hih’SZSSSCHH!

“Goodness,” Tonks chirps, smiling. “Make sure to return that by 8 p.m. tonight.”

Remus grumbles something unintelligible and slams the door on his way out, but Tonks knows he’ll come around. He always does.

• 1 month later...

Opportunities | 11 – 33% | 12 – Dead Wrong | 13 – Running Away | 14 – Judgement | 15 – Seeking Solace | 16 – Excuses 17 – Vengeance | 18 – Love 19 – Tears | 20 – Inspiration | 21 – Never Again | 22 – Online 23 – Failure | 24 – Rebirth 25 – Breaking Away | 26 – Forever and a Day | 27 – Lost and Found | 28 – Light | 29 – Dark | 30 – Faith | 31 – Colours 32 – Exploration | 33 – Seeing Red 34 – Shades of Grey | 35 – Forgotten 36 – Dreamer | 37 – Mist | 38 – Burning 39 – Out of Time | 40 – Knowing How 41 – Fork in the Road | 42 – Start | 43 – Nature's Fury 44 – At Peace | 45 – Heart Song | 46 – Reflection 47 – Perfection|48 – Everyday Magic | 49 – Umbrella | 50 – Party | 51 – Troubling Thoughts | 52 – Wind | 53 – Future | 54 – Health 55 – Separation | 56 – Everything for You |57 – Slow Down | 58 – Heart-felt Apology | 59 – Challenged | 60 – Exhaustion | 61 – Accuracy | 62 – Irregular Orbit 63 – Cold Embrace | 64 – Frost | 65 Moment in Time 66 – Dangerous Territory | 67 – Boundaries | 68 – Unsettling | 69Shattered | 70 – Bitter 71 – Silence | 72 – Weather | 73 – Pretense | 74 – Patience | 75 – Midnight | 76 – Shadows | 77 – Summer Haze |78–Memories79 – Change | 80 – Illogical 81 – Only Human | 82 – A Place to Belong 83 –Advantage | 84 – Breakfast | 85 – Echoes | 86 – Falling |87– Picking up the Pieces | 88 – Gunshot | 89 – Possession | 90 – Twilight | 91 – Nowhere | 92 –Nothing | 93 – Answers | 94 – Innocence | 95 – Simplicity 96 –Reality | 97 – Acceptance | 98 – Lesson | 99 – Enthusiast | 100 – Game | 101 – Revelation

AN – No actual spoilers here! :) 

100. Cold Shower
Fandom: Supernatural
Characters/Pairings: Sam Winchester
Prompt: Echoes

“You can ask me any question you want,” Sam scoffed at the woman in front of him. “The answer’s going to be the same: Screw. You.”

The woman frowned at him. “You want to get mad? You want to get mean?”

“I’ve been tortured by the Devil. You’re just an accent in a pantsuit. What can you do to me?”

With a click of her pen, she stood up and turned a faucet. Within seconds, a stream of cold water hit Sam from above. He blinked in surprise, then laughed.

“A cold shower? Really?” He tilted his head back and let the water sweep his hair out of his face.

But within minutes, he was shivering fiercely. “S-screw you,” he sputtered, completely soaked.

A few torturous hours later, Sam felt the water trickling to a stop. Well, he didn’t really feel it — he was nearly numb. But the woman did turn off the faucet to talk to him.

He sniffled, hands still bound behind him, and wished he could rub his nose. Sam had been feeling slightly under the weather the past day and this little experience certainly hadn’t helped.

H-hehhH! Hh’TSCHHH!” Water flicked off the ends of his hair as he sneezed. He sniffled again and glared at her, still attempting to look intimidating, but his sneeze echoed. 

“Can we stop this Sam?”

Sam’s lip trembled and though he willed it away, the second sneeze came roaring back full force. “Hah’PSSCHHH!

“Listen,” she began, a hint of sympathy in her voice. “I need you to give me names and locations.”

“Maybe you can t-tie them to a chair. M-maybe you do worse. B-but maybe — hh’TSSSCHHUH! — maybe you can go to Hell,” he stuttered, trying to talk through the sneeze.

She clucked her tongue. “My, my. It sounds like you may be coming down with something.”

“S-screw you,” he snarled, with as much energy as he could muster.

On 12/13/2019 at 1:23 PM, ReidSeeker said:

Yessssss this is what I WANTED to happen in that episode! I was disappointed lol Thanks for fixing it!!

ME FREAKING TOO! I'm so glad you liked it 😌

On 12/13/2019 at 1:49 PM, aggedy_ann said:

These are lovely

Thank you so much! ❤️

• 3 weeks later...

Opportunities | 11 – 33% | 12 – Dead Wrong | 13 – Running Away | 14 – Judgement | 15 – Seeking Solace | 16 – Excuses 17 – Vengeance | 18 – Love 19 – Tears | 20 – Inspiration | 21 – Never Again | 22 – Online 23 – Failure | 24 – Rebirth 25 – Breaking Away | 26 – Forever and a Day | 27 – Lost and Found | 28 – Light | 29 – Dark | 30 – Faith | 31 – Colours 32 – Exploration | 33 – Seeing Red 34 – Shades of Grey | 35 – Forgotten 36 – Dreamer | 37 – Mist | 38 – Burning 39 – Out of Time | 40 – Knowing How 41 – Fork in the Road | 42 – Start | 43 – Nature's Fury 44 – At Peace | 45 – Heart Song | 46 – Reflection 47 – Perfection|48 – Everyday Magic | 49 – Umbrella | 50 – Party | 51 – Troubling Thoughts | 52 – Wind | 53 – Future | 54 – Health 55 – Separation | 56 – Everything for You |57 – Slow Down | 58 – Heart-felt Apology | 59 – Challenged | 60 – Exhaustion | 61 – Accuracy | 62 – Irregular Orbit 63 – Cold Embrace | 64 – Frost | 65 Moment in Time 66 – Dangerous Territory | 67 – Boundaries | 68 – Unsettling | 69Shattered | 70 – Bitter 71 – Silence | 72 – Weather | 73 – Pretense | 74 – Patience | 75 – Midnight | 76 – Shadows | 77 – Summer Haze |78–Memories79 – Change | 80 – Illogical 81 – Only Human | 82 – A Place to Belong 83 –Advantage | 84 – Breakfast | 85 – Echoes | 86 – Falling |87– Picking up the Pieces | 88 – Gunshot | 89 – Possession | 90 – Twilight | 91 – Nowhere | 92 –Nothing | 93 – Answers | 94 – Innocence | 95 – Simplicity 96 –Reality | 97 – Acceptance | 98 – Lesson | 99 – Enthusiast | 100 – Game | 101 – Revelation

AN – And that’s a wrap! I guess I’m done with this drabble thread. Sort of spoilers for “Spider-Man: Far From Home”!

101. Mist
Fandom: Spider-Man: Far From Home
Characters/Pairings: Quentin Beck
Prompt: Unsettling

“You took everything from me! This is for my family!”

The recording’s volume nearly shook the walls, but Quentin Beck waved his hand dismissively. “One more time.”

“You took everything from me! This is for my family!”

The employees watched on as the simulation expanded to include lightning.

“Pause, pause,” Beck shouted over the roar of the advanced projector drones.

As the engineer stopped the illusion, Beck awkwardly cleared his throat and sniffled.

“Sorry, uh, could you just fast-forward to the end? Thanks.” He sniffled, sinuses suddenly overcome with a foreign itch. “Ah’TSSSHUH! Hh’TSSHHH!

“Bless you!” the group of employees chorused.

Ignoring them, he continued. “Yeah, yeah, perfect. OK, so I’m not — hah’TSHHHAH!” The sneeze didn’t truly catch him off guard, but it was unsettling, nonetheless. He hardly ever sneezed.

“Excuse me,” he said briefly before continuing. “I’m not in love with choreography, but I guess it’ll d-do. Kill thahhh… th-the image.”

Beck scrubbed furiously at his irritated nose, tears beginning to well up in his eyes. What the fuck was up with him?

“Go ahead and decloak drones. Cool. Weapons?”

“You want to weaponize?” the tech clarified, an eyebrow raised.

God, could this take any longer? “Yup.”

“Alright, weapons only. Standby.”

A group of the drones transformed as they swan-dived toward the illusion, firing as they went. The others followed in pursuit but he already knew he was going to sneeze again.

“St-stop,” Beck choked out before doubling over with two harsh sneezes. “H-heh’DTSSSSHUH! TZSSSSHHH!

As the mist swirled around him, Beck realized his mistake. God fucking dammit. “M-mihhh… m-mist off!” he snapped, pinching his nostrils shut. “It’s the fucking mist. I’m ahhh… a-allergic to the g-goddamn — hah’TSSSSHAH! — goddamn mist.”   

Archived