Sneeze Fetish Forum

Guardian Angel (original fiction, M/M)

Juto

Keep up the sadness Juto. The graveyard business is booming! :rip::who-let-rip-smiley::rip::dead2::rip::dead2::rip::dead2:

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Juto

• Arty

• Subtly Clashing Wishes

• Kaze Wo Hiku

Okay so.....

I am IN LOVE with this story. Since yesterday I have been reading and I am on page 10 only but I wanted you to know this is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING. Its like my favorite thing Ive ever read its so perfect, I am so excited that theres still so much for me to read. I don't want it to end. I just think youre writing and characters and everything is so wonderful., My heart is so fluttery reading how cute this is. Its the best thing ever. so amazing!!!!!!!!! I want to post compliments a million times to make up for not being able to have done it since you started. Every single post I read is perfect. crazy good., Im on love<3333 dont stop!!!!!

so excited. best fic ever.

So..Im caught up now. I read this even when my eyes were burning. I want to own this as a book. I want to draw fan art..I want endless stories. haha. But right now I can't believe I'm stuck waiting for the next part. This gives me such butterflies. and when it started I was totally with you and thought I could never see Elias as anything but invincible guardian but its crazy how I just fell in love with him and love when hes visible and sick. omg. I love both of them soooo incredibly much. and now im in so much suspense..ive been waiting for something like this to happen. Elias going and having to sneak with his parents there and try not to get caught or something. gahh great work. youre awesome

much love<3333

On 15. maj 2016 at 1:29 PM, Seeking Clarity + Wisdom said:

Amazing! I am happy you were able to redeem Simon. He never seemed like a bad sort. 

Poor Zach! I hope he gets better quickly without needing trip to the ER. 

Poor Elias! He has the weight of the world on his shoulders right now. I hope he gets Zach's things without too much difficulty.

You are doing a wonderful job with the angst. 

Nah, Simon was never meant to be a bad guy. I'd like to think that in a world without Elias, Simon and Zach would have dated. Aww yeah, poor angel. He's managing though. ;) 

On 15. maj 2016 at 1:40 PM, Artemis said:

Poor Elias, he truly has the weight of the universe on his shoulder, and now having to go back to that place without his grace...

Zach, Zach is better off with just Elias.

I approve of the protective gear. 

Great job!!!

Aww thank you :hug: 

On 15. maj 2016 at 1:42 PM, Chi said:

That was just so... Sad.

His parents are so irresponsible and thoughtless, and everything is awful and now Zach might die and I still really can't wait for the next update and-

*Walks over to arty girl zombie*

Do you have a spare grave?

Hahaha well, always room for more zombies I guess :P if you're not picky, you can eat ice cream using her ribs ;):lol: 

On 15. maj 2016 at 0:56 AM, Artygirl22 said:

*digs up another grave* join the undead club how we died is people like Juto who ripped our hearts out with the feels. *glances at Juto* see what you did? But damn I kinda like Simon. 

Aww sorry :sad: I'll make things right, I promise ;) 

On 16. maj 2016 at 5:55 AM, Coffee Chicken Barista said:

YOU HAVE MADE ME FEEL SADNESS!!!! 

AND I HATE IT! BUT I LOVE IT! I'M SO CONFUSED!!!!

TIME TO SERVE THE CHEESECAKE THEN ;):lol: 

On 16. maj 2016 at 6:53 PM, SpamKey said:

*"Quit Playing Games with my Heart" plays in the distance over the sound of ugly sobbing*

How very... 90s :lol: *before... I tear us apart?* Gotcha! Moving on :P 

On 19. maj 2016 at 4:09 AM, kushamisukii said:

Okay so.....

I am IN LOVE with this story. Since yesterday I have been reading and I am on page 10 only but I wanted you to know this is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING. Its like my favorite thing Ive ever read its so perfect, I am so excited that theres still so much for me to read. I don't want it to end. I just think youre writing and characters and everything is so wonderful., My heart is so fluttery reading how cute this is. Its the best thing ever. so amazing!!!!!!!!! I want to post compliments a million times to make up for not being able to have done it since you started. Every single post I read is perfect. crazy good., Im on love<3333 dont stop!!!!!

so excited. best fic ever.

On 20. maj 2016 at 7:10 AM, kushamisukii said:

So..Im caught up now. I read this even when my eyes were burning. I want to own this as a book. I want to draw fan art..I want endless stories. haha. But right now I can't believe I'm stuck waiting for the next part. This gives me such butterflies. and when it started I was totally with you and thought I could never see Elias as anything but invincible guardian but its crazy how I just fell in love with him and love when hes visible and sick. omg. I love both of them soooo incredibly much. and now im in so much suspense..ive been waiting for something like this to happen. Elias going and having to sneak with his parents there and try not to get caught or something. gahh great work. youre awesome

much love<3333

Oh my gosh that's so sweet. Ahhh I'm blushing. A book? Oh dear :blush: 

oh wow! Fan art is ALWAYS welcome. :D I promise a total of 22 more parts plus an epilogue :lol: 

(I see that you can't PM yet, but since you like sick Elias so much - ahem **spoiler** he's coming back and soon :P - so if there's anything particular you want to see between them while Elias is sick and Zach is somewhat recovering, let me know and I'll see what I can do :) ) 

Once again, i'm overwhelmed by the amount of lovely comments to my story. Thanks you all so so much :heart: It truly warms my heart and I find it incredibly sad that I'm actually nearing the ending :cry: oh dear...

oh well...

Lets let Elias let off some steam ;) I think he needs it...

Part 79 -  Confrontation

Elias had walked around the Benedict residence for a good 10 minutes, checking all windows at street level. All lights were off, even the ones on the first floor. Perfect! From the looks of it, Zachariah's parents weren't home. Almost completely hidden by the dark, the angel let himself in through the back door with the key Zach had once given him. 
He walked swiftly but quietly towards the stairs, but as he walked through the living room he stepped on what sounded like something broken. He bend down and picked up a piece of metal, attached to a small screen by a thin cord. Recognising the blue-ish metal as he shone the light of his phone upon the floor he realised he had been stepping on Zach's phone. What was left of it anyway. It looked like it had been thrown against the wall and smashed. Maybe his dad had tried calling him only to realise his phone was still in the house? Maybe his mum had tried and then his dad had smashed it in anger? Elias would never know, and frankly he couldn't care less. He mentally added ‘phone’ to his list of things to buy for his new flat mate. 

Once in Zach's room he quickly set to work. He wanted to pack down the entire room, all of Zach's books and movies, his CDs, his clothes, but Elias had to remind himself that most of Zach's belongings were replaceable and right now, time was of the essence not to mention he only had four empty bags with him and a taxi waiting. 
He placed the empty bags on the bed and quickly filled two of them with Zach's prescribed medicine, his nebuliser, the small safe hidden in the cover of the “Oxford English Dictionary” containing all of Zach's economic savings, his bedquilt, his favourite sweater, the pictures Elias had given him, both the painted and the original and all Elias’s own notes for his Zachariahn encyclopaedia. He discovered the feather keychain on the bedside table and put it in his pocket next to his own set of keys and the keys to this house that he was going to leave as a sure sign that Zach was never coming back. 

The angel looked at the stocked bookshelves and the additional stacks of books that took up an entire wall. Gods, he wished the could bring back all of them. Zach's books were his whole world; his escapism for when his life got too damn miserable. Elias had grown to love Zach's library. Or maybe he just loved them because he knew how happy they made him. Regardless, he felt heartbroken to have to leave most of them behind. His ward’s entire childhood, youth and early teens were scribbled along the margins of those books; thoughts, feelings and emotions that were as much a part of the story as the original writing. Having practically no time at all to sort the most important ones from the lesser made Elias’s eyes teary. But Zachariah was safe. That was the most important thing. 

He quickly pulled out what he believed to be Zach's top 10… 15… No 20…. Wait, there was room for a few more… 25… 27… he quickly located Zach's computer bag that held his laptop and schoolbooks and was able to stuff a few more books into it. 31… 32… 33... and his own back pockets… 35… coat pockets… 36… 37... Ahh, and the first edition of “Pride and Prejudice” that Elias had gotten him for their anniversary. He stuffed it in his inside coat pocket, padding it once against his chest. Oh, wait. He quickly scanned the rows of books, pulling out his own copy of “the Hobbit” that had been passed down from Zach's great grandfather, Cornelius Fairchild, the little boy Elias had sacrificed his life to save. He knew the book was important to Zachariah. He quickly stuffed it in his other inside pocket as he scanned the room for forgotten things. 

Oh no! There! On the bed was the collected works of Hans Christian Andersen from which Elias had read “the nightingale” out loud in hushed tones to his sick ward mere hours earlier before he had been called down by his father. That hateful, neglecting, pathetic excuse for-

And that's when he heard it.

The scramble of keys at the front door. 

The click as the door unlocked.

The bustle of bodies entering the hall accompanied by the drunken musings of Zach's mother. 

“Who did thatch taschi driver schay he wasch waitching for?”

“Shut up you drunken whore and go make me something to eat.”

Shit! They were both home, one perceptively more drunk than the other, although, Elias suspected Zach's father knew how to hold his liquor. He eyed the four stuffed-to-the-limit bags on the bed. There was no way he could make it out unseen. 
He quickly stuffed the thick book down his back, tucking it securely between his shirt and his jeans.

So what if the parents saw him leave with Zach's belongings, what were they going to do? Call the police? Shit! What if they called the police? Thankfully, their new residence was purchased in Elias’s name and Elias knew his boss had taken special care to erase the register of the address. It was for all intent and purpose a safe house. But Zach still had to attend school. Simon knew where he was. There were too many loose ends. Elias ran his hand through his ruffled hair. The rug in the small hall outside Zach's room caught his eye. He knew there was a loose floorboard under that rug. He shook his head, damning Zach's parents for having hidden their goods so close to his-

Ha! Of course! Quickly counting on his fingers the guardian could remember no less than 8 “secret” compartments within the confines of the house where Zach's parents hid their goods. He smiled to himself. He had his leverage. As silently as he could, straining to hear if the bustle of bodies stayed downstairs he quickly removed the rug, lifted the empty floorboard and sure enough… Jackpot! He pulled out his phone and took a quick photo.

And now, he had proof. 

Quickly gathering the full bags and stuffing a few more books inside his coat pockets, the guardian made for the door. He had been away from Zachariah long enough now, there was no way Zach's neglectful parents would keep him here a minute longer. 
As silently as he could with 4 heavy bags, he tiptoed down the stairs. A quick scan of the lower level told him the mother was in the kitchen asleep at the table, but where was Zach's father? 

He listened for a second but there was no indication of where he could be. The guardian shrugged, took a firmer grip on the bags and headed for the front door. 

“What the HELL are you doing in MY HOUSE?”

Elias squeezed his eyes shut in defeat. He had been busted. He slowly turned around, sapphire eyes locking on a darker and more sunken gaze than Zach’s, but the angel wasn't in doubt where his Zachariah had inherited those cloudy eyes.

“Well well… If it isn't queer-ass dramaboy?” Elias kept his face unreadable. This puny human would not get the satisfaction of seeing him cringe. “Elias, was it? So you're the filthy scum who's ruined my son?”

Elias said nothing. He wanted to leave but not before Zach’s father understood the consequences of ever trying to contact his son again. The father eyed the bags Elias carried, hatred visible in his sunken eyes. 

“And now you're stealing from me?” His face was mock surprise, yet his eyes revealed his anger. “You'd better not be taking those to Ziggy!” He nodded at the bags in Elias’s hands. “That pathetic excuse for a boy has to learn his lesson.” He glared at Elias, his lips curling up into a venomous smile. “He'll come crawling back home soon and when he does I will beat every last drop of filth out of him!”

Elias did his best to remain composed despite the fiery adrenaline that cursed through his veins and the thundering roar of is his own rushing blood in his ears. 

“You're wrong!” The guardian fought hard to not let his voice tremble with back-held fury. “He will never return.” 
“Oh I'm sure he will!” Zach's father said with confidence. “And if he doesn't…” He shrugged, sending Elias a evil smirk. “… I could always call the police to report a break-in and theft.” He nodded at the bags again. Elias did his best to remain calm. He knew Zach's father was trying to rile him up, obviously believing that he would be the winning opponent if it came to a fight. But Elias stayed composed. He saw his opportunity to gain the upper hand in the argument and put all the hatred and threat he could possibly muster into the look he gave his ward’s father. To his great joy, the lesser man recoiled slightly. 

“If you ever try to reach out to him, I will be the one calling the police and telling them exactly what they can find at no less than 8 different hidden compartments within the walls of this house.”

Zach’s father tensed, his eyes flickering around to at least 3 of the hiding spots Elias knew about before returning to glare at the guardian.

“You know NOTHING!” The parent spat, but Elias detected a hint of panic in his voice. Satisfied, he pressed on. 

“I know about the abuse, the smuggling, the selling and the hiding, and rest assured, if I ever see your face again, the police will know too.” 

Elias balled his hands into fists to keep them from trembling with anger. He was still a servant of the heavens, he couldn't afford to loose his temper, not even with a man so unloving and neglectful as Zach's father. It took all his effort not to jump at the parent and kick his ass all the way down to the deepest pits of hell. 
He pulled himself together and even managed a courtly nod before turning around, heading for the door. He was proud of himself for having survived the confrontation without actually hurting Zach's father.

“Fine! Keep that pitiful, little slut, homo-boy.” Elias tensed up, his anger returning tenfold at the parent’s words. “That boy is too pathetically weak to last long anyway”

Elias froze mere inches from the door. Every single fibre in his body wanted Zach’s father to pay for what he just said!

“Yep!” Oh God there was more. Elias braced himself. “Should’ve died when the cancer came back. Would’ve been decent! Not this pitiful, sniffling pansy!”

ENOUGH! Elias was fuming with barely concealed hatred. 

Screw the angelical code, screw the contract! This uncaring, inhuman, sack of shit did not deserve to live. Even swamped with rage, Elias knew that any physical damage to Zach's father would give the guardian his own, privately reserved seat in hell, but he would be sure to give the parent a mind numbing scare the man would never forget. 

Thankfully, Elias must have had the green ‘go’ from above, for as he slowly turned around to face his ward's accuser a faint black glow was emitting from him and even the walls of the house seemed to creak in complete surrender to his unworldly appearance. Zach's father backed up against a wall, turning his eyes away.

“Look. At. Me.” The guardian's voice was deep and soft but dripping with venom. It even had a cackling undercurrent to it that made Elias’s own spine shiver slightly. The parent turned a panicked stare at the angel, his mouth hanging open with unspoken fear. 

Right at this very moment Elias was not a guardian, he was a heavenly executioner delivering a message to a man who deserved to be damned for all eternity. 

“You. Have. No. Son! That boy, whose childhood you ruined, he will continue to defy you. With every single smile he will mock you! With every single kiss he will go against your wishes and with every. Single. Breath. He will render your entire presence in his life meaningless.” 

Elias spoke slowly, ensuring that every single word was being registered and relished the fact that his words sang like whiplashes. The parent had sunk to the floor, supporting himself against the wall. 

“I have to thank you for the gift that is Zachariah Wentworth Benedict, that much gratitude you are entitled to. But mark my words.” Elias crouched down in front of the slightly whimpering parent, took a firm grip on the front of his shirt and slowly but surely pulled him up into a standing position. He took a step closer, so close that the parent’s panic-filled and fleeting eyes could only look directly into the angel’s own. 

“You will burn in hell, Matthew Benedict. Neither Father nor any of his angels will ever take pity on your soul.”

Elias released his hold and the parent tumbled to the floor and immediately crawled as far away from Elias as he possibly could. Elias felt the angelical, black glow leave his body and his voice return to normal. He stuck his hand in his coat pocket and tossed a small set of two keys towards the parent who instantly shied away from them. 

“Don't bother changing the locks. We won't be coming back.”

He turned around, picked up his overstuffed bags and walked out the door, not looking back. 

TBC….

9 minutes ago, Juto said:

(I see that you can't PM yet, but since you like sick Elias so much - ahem **spoiler** he's coming back and soon :P - so if there's anything particular you want to see between them while Elias is sick and Zach is somewhat recovering, let me know and I'll see what I can do :) ) 

*Incoherent fangirl noises*

DOUBLE POST SORRY BUT FINALLY FINALLY ELIAS TELLS OFF ZACH'S DAD AND I FREAKING LOVE IT!!!! 

YOU GO ANGEL BOY!!!

3 minutes ago, Kaze wo Hiku said:

*Incoherent fangirl noises*

That goes for you too dear ;) 

*Reads Elias Cursing out the neglectful father*

Arty's reactions:

t6Mqs.giftumblr_mtrjyefVAu1qk08n1o1_500.giftumblr_mushfyFLTb1qc7qxko1_500.gif

I haven't commented in a while but I am still ever faithfully reading. I love this story so much and really love where you've taken it lately. It really should be a book I would buy it in a second. Your such a wonderful writer Elias and Zach together just kill me... and yess sick Elias is coming back I love that idea way to much for my own good. 

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I love it! Elias scared Zach's father and taught him a lesson, which is exactly what he deserved. The description of Elias's power is amazing. ;) Please continue! You make so many people happy! :D

And sick Elias... >.< 

• 4 months later...

Hi I'm new to this forum and I know I'm like SUUUUUUUPER late to join this party but I just finished reading this and these guys are ADORABLE

if you ever find the time to continue this please do they are SO CUTE

*Sneaks back into view after - gosh - too long*

So hi, yeah... I'm sorry that I abandoned my boy and his angel mid-story. Real life kinda steered a truck-full of horse shit into my lane back in May and I'm slowly clawing my way out of the huge pile of manure that was dumped in my face Bif Tannen style.

I DO have one more part I've been sitting on since, well forever, really. I still hope to return to this story and finish it one day (I do have notes for everything and the rest of the story all planned out) but I seriously lack energy and ability at the moment. I hope you understand. 

As always, thank you so so so much for all your wonderful support and kind words. Really. It truly warms my heart.

So here's the final piece to wrap up this little kick-out sequence. I hope you like it. I'm not sure how long it will be, but I Will. Be. Back.

Part 80 – Flatmate

Elias’s phone started ringing as he was about to get out of the taxi but stopped again before he could answer. He looked up towards his flat and noticed that Simon had spotted him from the small hallway window and was now on his way out the door to greet him.

“Zach just woke up, he's asking for you.” He informed Elias as he reached the taxi. “He's coughing a lot. Doesn't sound good.” He looked at the overstuffed bags in the trunk. “Go inside, I'll unload.”

Elias smiled politely. “Thank you, Simon.” He grabbed the bags containing the meds and Zach's nebuliser and hurried inside.

Zach was sitting up in bed, hunched over at the mercy of his shredded lungs and the cough that threatened to pulverise them altogether. The palm of his hand was pressed against his chest as if pressure alone would ease his breathing. Elias wasted no time. He quickly pulled off his coat, scattering books on the floor where he stood before he set up the nebuliser next to Zachariah on the bed, readied the mask and pressed the medicine from the inhaler into the device. As soon as Zach's coughs permitted it he held the mask to his mouth and let him slowly inhale the misty medicine. Zach's hand took hold of Elias’s wrist, ready to remove the mask when he needed to cough again. The other hand was still firmly pressed against his chest.

“I'm here now. Everything’s okay.” Elias leaned closer to rest his forehead against Zach’s as he started rubbing soothing circles in his back with his hand. He could feel Zach’s tight breathing through his palm and prayed that the medicine would work.

Mask off. “H’atschu! Ahtschjuh!” Mask on.

“Bless you.” Elias scooted closer to stroke Zach's shoulder affectionately and the ward nodded his thanks.

Mask off. “*cough cough*” Mask on.

After only 2 minutes, Elias happily noted that Zach's wheezy breathing was somewhat normalising and a quick feel of his forehead and cheek proved a lower temperature than when Elias had left.

Mask off. “Hhah… H’atschuh! *cough cough*”. Elias had just placed the mask back on when Simon entered the bedroom.

“I have put the bags in the living room by the bookshelves.” He looked from Elias to Zach and back to Elias who turned towards him with a smile and a nod.

“Thank you, Simon.”

Simon nodded and focused his eyes on Zach. “I'm glad to see you're looking a little better.” Zach's answer was an exhausted smile behind the mask and a small nod. Simon nodded back.

“Is there anything more I can do?”

“No, thank you, Simon.” Elias looked at Zachariah and released his hand from his wrist to bring it up to told the mask on his own before he looked back up at Simon. “I'll walk you out.” He stood and went to the younger man in the doorway.

“Simon?” Both turned towards Zachariah as he removed the mask from his mouth. “Thank you.”

With a brief look at Elias, Simon closed the distance between him and Zach and crouched down to wrap his arms around his friend. “I'm so sorry, Zach. I should have kept my mouth shut.” Zach merely shook his head in the embrace.

“Not your fault.” His voice was still hoarse and airy. “They would have found out anyway. Thank you for your help.” He pulled out to look the older boy in the eyes. “Your friendship means a lot to me.”

“Me too, Zach.” Simon nodded, quickly wiping his eyes with the back of his hand as he stood. “Feel better.”

Zach nodded his thanks and brought the mask to his face once more as Elias let Simon out.

~ ~ ~

Elias awoke a few hours after he and Zachariah had fallen asleep, curled up together on the bed, Zachariah once again dosed up on all his meds. He reached out for his ward beside him, but his arm only encountered the lukewarm bedsheets. His eyes flew open, panic immediately settling in his body. He sat up and looked around the bedroom about to call out, but that's when he noticed Zachariah standing by the window looking out at the falling snow. His arms were wound tightly around himself, his hands holding his elbows and Elias noticed the small shivers that shook his shoulders.

The graceless angel debated with himself of whether or not to disturb Zach's thoughts, knowing his ward needed space to process everything that had happened.

“H’aschiew! Hheh… H’atschjuh!”

Zach shivered again, rubbing his nose with two fingers before coughing lightly but painfully into his fist.  Elias quietly got out of bed, taking Zach's blanket with him. He walked up behind him, ready to place the blanket around his shoulders. Zach gave a small start as the blanket touched him.

“It's okay. It's only me. You're safe.” Elias huddled his ward in the blanket and wrapped his arms around him. Zach's cheeks were still flushed with fever and Elias reminded himself to procure another dose of meds before they went back to sleep.

Zach didn't say anything, merely continued to stare out into the white landscape before him. They stood like that for a few minutes, letting their thoughts drift like the snowflakes until Zach sniffled.

Elias turned to look at him, half expecting him to be crying, but Zach's eyes were dry. The guardian’s worry grew.

“Please.” He pressed his cheek into Zach's hair. “Please tell me you're okay.”

Zach was quiet for another couple of minutes before he spoke. His voice was still hoarse from coughing, barely more than a whisper and he seemed to weigh each word before he let it pass his lips.

“Can I stay here indefinitely?”

“Zachariah, this place was secured for you. It's in my name but in the eyes of the heavens this is your home. Our home.”

Zach nodded slowly. “And can you put up with my constant emotional outburst? My black humour and my pathetic immune system?”

“Zachariah I'm not even going to dignify that question with an answer.” He curled his hand around Zach's head, pressing the younger man's temple against his lips. “You are perfect, my darling!”

“Just answer the question… please.” Zach hastily said before a single hitchy breath made him turn his head and bring up the back of his hand to shield his nose.

“Ahh… Atschoo! Snf! H’atschjuh! Atchjuh!”

“Bless you.” The angel nodded solemnly, waiting to speak until Zach had finished the cough his sneezing had ignited.

“Yes, Zachariah. If that means I also have to put up with your gorgeous smiles, the way you sing in the shower when you think I'm not listening, the way your eyes tear up when you read a sappy, old book you've read at least a hundred times and the way the sculpture of your body seems to fit my open arms perfectly, then yes.” He smiled, running his hand through Zach's hair as his ward sniffled. “I will put up with any little Zachariahn treat you can possibly throw my way.”

Zach swallowed. “And will you promise to never…” His whispered voice was shaking now. “… Ever…”His lower lip started to tremble. Elias closed his eyes against his love, ready to cry with him. “… Leave me?” Tears were slowly trickling down Zach's cheeks now and he turned to bury his face in Elias’s chest.

“Never, my Zachariah!” Tears escaped Elias’s own eyes, but he quickly brushed them away. Zach needed him to be strong for him now, and he would be. He had to be. “I promise to never ever leave you.”

Zach nodded against him, sniffling and sobbing against his shirt. Elias wrapped the blanket tighter around his shivering shoulder, gently guiding him back towards the bed and carefully helping him under the covers. Zach's tears let up and he was able to produce a tired smile.

“Then I'm okay.” He nodded and lowered his gaze still sniffling.

Elias frowned. Something in Zach's face told him there was more. It would be perfectly understandable under the circumstances

“What is it Zachariah? Tell me please.”

“Elias…I…” Glassy, cloudy eyes looked up into his own as Zachariah seemed to consider his next words carefully.

~ ~ ~

I love you! I know that you're dead, I know that you're assigned to me by contract and I'm sure there are certain rules against it, hell, I know you're not even gay. But I love you. I’m undeniably and incurably in love with you! And I never want to be parted from you from this day forth.

The words had been so clear in his mind. So ready to be spoken, so demanding of the chance to be heard and yet, Zachariah couldn't make himself say them.

If there was one thing his parents’s neglect and absence had taught him, it was to always protect the self. Hoping, wishing for the unlikely to happen would only cause pain.

Zach held his tongue, swallowed his emotional confession and managed to produce a brief smile and a tiny shake of his head.

“I just want to forget this day.”

“Of course. That reminds me.” Elias reached into his pocket and pulled out the golden feather keychain from which there now hung a single key. “This is yours. The one I gave you for your birthday. I told you it was an appendage to an even larger gift that would one day be yours.” He gestured to the surrounding walls. “This is it. So today, nothing special happened besides me asking you to move in with me and you saying yes. And here we are. Two… Flat mates! One slightly under the weather…” Zach couldn't help but smile at his guardian's obvious attempt to make him do so. “…and one visible for a change. This is how we will remember today. Nothing else happened as far as I'm concerned.”

Zach's smile widened and he leaned in to rest his forehead against Elias’s. “Thank you, angel.”

TBC

Ah... Rapprochement with Simon and the founding of a home. Yay! :clapping: 

And to add to the excitement a near confession of love. :wubsmiley:

3 hours ago, Ju-OOooo-To said:

If there was one thing his parents’s neglect and absence had taught him, it was to always protect the self. Hoping, wishing for the unlikely to happen would only cause pain.

Though this made me a bit sad. :nosad: 

His almost confession..... :( But everything else was awesome Juto!! I hope that everything is OK on your end.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Just to let you all know that I have not abandoned this!!! 

The rest of the story is all planned out and staring at me from an endless list of bulletpoints and half-written dialogue.

A good chunk of it is ready for upload soon so I shall return to this in a few days time ;) (I hope). 

Thanks to everyone who've stayed with me this far. You're all darlings and I adore you. 

I still need prompts for like 6 drabbles so if anyone has any last minute requests, send me a PM and I'll see what I can do. 

There will be plenty of sneezes and fluff to come, I promise (mixed with the occasional dose of angst when the story calls for it ;) ). 

Stay tuned. 

13 minutes ago, hedgehog said:

Looking forward to the updates, dear Juto. :)

Absolutely. We are still here and waiting to see how this all turns out. Happy, of course. :) 

OOOHHHHH MY GOODNESS YOU'RE ALL SUCH DARLINGS!!!!! Seriously! It warms my heart to no end.

So my - ahem, very insistent - friend craved the upload sooner rather than later :lol: Here it is lovely. @Coffee Chicken Barista.

A special 'thank you' to @SpamKey for once again allowing me the use of her delicious  professional doctor, Darian Verago and his cutie lab tech and his germs.

A shoutout to @hedgehog for sharing some wonderful feverstuff with me on tumblr. Thanks darling. i hope you like it. There's more to come.

@Melody I AM SWOONING OVER THAT SIG!!!!! I'm normally on my phone so I don't see them. BUT GUUURL!!!!! I love it. ahhh :inlove:

Picking up where we left off... small recap:

Zachariah is sick (well duh!) and Elias is graceless and fussing to no end (as usual) And Dr. Verago is there to offer advice and assistance. They're at their new, shared, apartment after Elias saved Zachariah from his father's cruelty and brought him there with SImon's help (yay).

But we all know what happens when Elias turns graceless :P oops.

Enjoy.

Part 81 – Human urges

Dr. Darian Verago had been by once to check on Zachariah, but had quickly exited the premises with a heartfelt apology as the doctor’s red-nosed, scarf-wearing, sniffling, handkerchief-addicted, sneezy boyfriend had knocked on the door, wondering what could possibly take so long. Evidently, sitting alone in the cold car didn’t suit him much longer but from what Elias knew of Dr. Verago, the man was too much of a mother hen to simply leave his obviously sick boyfriend home to fend for himself.

Still, Elias hadn't been able to stop his eyes from shooting daggers at Dr. Verago’s partner after the germ-infested man had given into a flurry of sneezes in the doorway, trying hopelessly to apologize in between fits. Elias had immediately stopped his flow of questions concerning Zachariah's health, nutrition, sleep pattern and future health complications as Dr. Verago had ushered his sick partner back into his car with a heartfelt apology directed at Elias along with his 54th reassurance that Zach would be just fine, but that, with his weakened immune system and sensitivity to medicine, it would take a bit longer for him to get better.

At this point, Elias accepted what he could get rather than having the doctor’s ill boyfriend stay close to Zachariah a minute longer. As soon as both the doctor and his partner were out the door, Elias sanitised every surface the boyfriend had touched, and opened as many windows as he dared to clear the air while keeping Zachariah snug and warm in his bed. 

Since that visit, Elias had only allowed Darian to monitor Zachariah's health, oxygen flow and temperature through video chat. The guardian had felt a twinge of guilt at having seemed so violently angry at the kind doctor’s boyfriend, but his guilt decreased steadily as he noticed the doctor’s own complexion change from healthy to… less healthy.

Three days after his initial visit to their new housings, Darian Verago appeared on the video chat weary-eyed, red-nosed, sweaty, and with a handkerchief pressed to his nose and the lower part of his face all through the conversation. Elias tried not to visibly flinch and keep to his list of questions for the doctor to answer as Darian was stifling fit after fit into his handkerchief while the doctor's younger partner – now clearly better than he had been when Elias had seen him - was fussing over him in the background.

About 20 minutes into the consultation, Darian’s utterly defeated state finally got the better of him, making him nod tiredly in front of his computer as he struggled to keep his eyes open and his speech from sounding slurred. Elias watched, annoyed with the doctor’s lack of persistency when it came to giving in to such an undignified human weakness as falling ill.

Just as Darian had nodded off whilst in the process of, once again, reassuring Elias that, at this point in Zach’s recovery, a small fever was still to be expected, the younger boyfriend’s frustrated face appeared on the screen and Elias heard him usher the sick doctor to bed and bid Elias ‘good day!’.

Elias heard a combination of a frustrated and miserable groan from the couple before the screen went black and he was left scowling by himself. What kind of doctor would even let himself become ill in the first place? Inconceivable.

Doctors would make poor guardians, he concluded. He rubbed at his nose absentmindedly and ran his hand across his forehead and through his hair. He felt warm, not sweaty, just hot. He reminded himself to turn the heat in the apartment down as long as he made sure that Zachariah wouldn’t be cold.     

Thankfully though, Zachariah was beginning to show signs of improvement. Under Elias’s constant nursing his fever had finally broken, his breathing sounded less laboured but his ward was still far from well.  The few hours a day Elias didn’t spend curled up around him, keeping his nebuliser in place over his mouth or singing softly to him to keep the fever dreams at bay, the angel had spent trying to make their new home, well, homey. All his ward’s books – the ones Elias had managed to carry – took up space on the shelves along with some of his favourite movies that Elias managed to order online - by himself! He was really getting the hang of this technology - as well as Elias’s own collection of pencils, paint and brushes, sketchbooks and papers.

Despite how much he loved them, Elias had refrained from adorning each wall with pictures he’d drawn of Zachariah. This was to be their home, not Elias’s personal temple of worship. Home. Their home. Despite the unfortunate circumstances that had initially brought them here Elias couldn’t be happier. No more hiding, no more worrying about being found out by Zach’s parents, no more tip-toing into the kitchen at night to heat up honeybrew when Zach needed it. This home, their home, was a refuge. A haven.

He was admiring one of his favourite drawings - a shyly smiling Zachariah, half his face hidden behind chestnut curls – when a deep rattling cough sounded from their bedroom. Shaking his head against a sudden irritation, Elias hurried towards the sound and knelt by the bed in front of Zach who was fumbling with the nebuliser, trying to keep the mask by his mouth in between coughs. It was clear he had no idea how to work the medical instrument.

“Let me. Lie back down.” Elias instructed as he gently removed Zach’s fingers from the nebuliser so the ward could lean back against his mountain of pillows. With a skilled efficiency, Elias quickly started the device, pressing the medicine into the small cabinet and secured the mask to Zach’s mouth. “Breathe steady, Zachariah. Inhale on three.” With Zach’s hand in his, Elias palmed his own chest, breathing deeply with his ward mirroring the motion. “Exhale on three.” Elias removed his hand to run it through Zach’s hair, brushing damp curls out of his eyes. “That’s it. Just breathe nice and slow.”

Zach’s breathing slowly returned to normal, his cough subsiding as the medicine worked its magic on his lungs. Elias put it away after it had finished before climbing into the bed next to his ward. He knew all too well that his presence alone would give him a more peaceful rest, not to mention the fact that he wanted to hold him tight as he slept. To feel their deep connection. To just be with him. Always.  

“Mmm, you’re so warm, angel.” Zach nudged closer leaning his chilled – wait! Chilled? – cheek against Elias’s shoulder. Worry immediately shot up in the guardian.

“Zachariah are you alright? Do you feel cold?” Elias palmed Zach’s face, trying desperately to read the answer in his ward’s tired eyes.

“Uhm. No…?” The answer was dragged and ended in an exhausted yawn. Zach already seemed asleep again.

“I’m getting the thermometer.” Elias quickly got up, staggered a bit, but regained his balance and pressed a fist against his suddenly aching brow as he blinked a few time, clearing his vision of black dots. Composed yet still feeling oddly dizzy all of a sudden, he went to retrieve the device which he gently nudged under Zach’s tongue. The thermometer beeped and the guardian frowned at the answer. Zach’s temperature was almost back to normal, but still a little too high. He gently placed the back of his hand against Zach’s cheek, then moved it to Zach’s chest then abdomen. Screw the thermometer, Zachariah was cold. Could his sensitivity to medicine have caused his body to feel cold even with a fever? Was this a sign of danger?

The angel had to take a deep breath to calm himself. His Zachariah appeared fine, tired, well, exhausted, from fighting this nasty cocktail of illness for almost two weeks, but fine. Elias watched, agonizing over Zach’s chilled body now buried under several more blankets as the exhausted ward gave in to sleep. Elias’s soothing hand brushing Zach’s forehead and his gentle shush-ing made Zach’s eyes close completely and his breathing evened out. 

Still puzzled, scowling at the obviously malfunctioning thermometer, Elias went back to the bathroom to put the it back in the cabinet, but he caught his own reflection in the mirror before he could stove it away.

He looked awful!

He brought a hand to his throat as his startled breath tore uncomfortably at it. His normally flawless and slightly pale skin appeared flushed, even dotted with red across the cheekbones. His eyes had a strange liquid glaze and the skin around them looked blemished and bruised. He slowly removed his hand from around his throat, feeling the sudden need to clear it and wincing in pain as he did so. How long had it felt dry as sandpaper?

What the…?

When was the last time he’d had something to drink anyway? In his graceless state, food wasn’t necessary, but fluid was needed to keep his body hydrated. Nectar was preferable, but honeybrew worked almost just as well, but without Zachariah to reminding him… well…

Recognition suddenly struck. He’d seen this look before, but on a different – and more adorable – face. Slowly, as if in a trance, the depleted angel lifted the thermometer to his own mouth, barely blinking before the beep and the flashing red screen announced a fever.

No! It couldn’t be. Not again.

A sudden itchy feeling in his nose made him drop the thermometer and cup his hands around his nose and mouth as he pitched forward. 

“Ehh’tsschew! T’sschhew! Hh… Hh’tscheww!”

Straightening up made his head swim and the angel had to grasp the sink for support before he lowered himself onto the edge of the tub. The small fit had left a pounding nuisance at his temples and his brow. He groaned softly, rubbing the sides of his head in circles to rid himself of the forming ache.

This couldn’t be happening.

He wasn’t better than the doctor who’d let his sick boyfriend infect him.

What about Zachariah? He still hadn’t recovered?

Elias stood up too fast, swaying dangerously in place before plonking back down on the edge of the tub. God, he was pathetic. He let a tired moan escape as he felt a new forming tickle threaten to overpower his already sore and reddening nose. Grabbing the sink tighter with one hand he lifted his elbow to his mouth.

“T’sscheww! Eh’tscheww! Hheh… Eh’sschoo!”

Even sitting down, Elias swayed as the pounding grew worse in the aftermath of the small fit and his eyes threatened to spill irritated tears over his flushed skin. As they did, he felt the moist drops warm on his burning face as they crawled slowly down his cheeks leaving small, wet trails. He drew a ragged breath, guiding his hand to his chest under his shirt. His breathing felt tight and wet, like Zachariah’s had, before Dr. Verago had given him the nebuliser.

Dr. Verago!

Elias had to call him. If he was unable to take proper care of Zachariah in his current predicament, surely the caring doctor could offer his assistance. Momentarily forgetting that the doctor himself had been taken ill, Elias pulled his phone from his pocket, dialling, smothering a harsh cough into the crook of his elbow as he waited for Darian to pick up. But it was the doctor’s hot headed and now ill-tempered boyfriend who answered. He’d obviously checked the caller ID because Elias couldn’t get a word in before the angry voice spoke.  

“For the last time, you overprotective moron! Your precious boyfriend will be just fine. Give the medicine time to work, let him rest, and stop calling.” The line went dead. Elias wanted to scoff, but no excess air made it past his lips.

Exhaustion suddenly overpowered him and he dropped his phone on the bathroom floor, following it face down, hitting the tiled floor hard.

He groaned, first in pain from the slow fall, then in pleasure as the coolness of the tiles soothed his burning skin. He couldn’t possibly get back up. He couldn’t muster the energy.

He would just close his eyes for a minute… Just a little while… Just…

In his dream, he heard a feeble but caring voice call his name from another world.

TBC…