Sneeze Fetish Forum

Guardian Angel (original fiction, M/M)

Juto

On 16. apr. 2016 at 8:49 AM, Adrian said:

Oh my gosh. I can't even pick a favourite part of this one because it's all so !!!!! Though Elias's internal monologue is wonderfully sweet and funny omg ahhhhhh

Hehe I'm glad you liked it :hug: 

On 16. apr. 2016 at 11:42 AM, Artygirl22 said:

:boom::boom:

*sighs at the broken pile of blown up zombie* 

oh dear...

:P:hug: 

On 16. apr. 2016 at 1:25 PM, Artemis said:

Dang.......like woah. He is so cute, both of  them. Sooo cute! 

Aww thanks. 

On 16. apr. 2016 at 8:04 PM, Seeking Clarity + Wisdom said:

Oh this was great! I giggled at Elias's inner dialogue with Dr. Verago. And helping Zach out with his ticklish sneezes...*melty* :) Can Zach actually see Elias when he's doped up on  Benedryl? It seems that way. ?

May I humbly submit a bit of cannon? In addition to having a weak immune system, Zachary also has a very sensitive system with respect to medication and requires very little to achieve the desired results. Therefore he generally takes half of an adult dose and frequently buys the children's strength. :D 

Aww thanks. I kinda melt a little too when he does that. 

He can't actually see him, but by some magical coincident he always knows exactly where to look ;) well.. Almost always... 

That cannon is perfect!!! Thank you so much! I shall definitely use that!! :heart: thank you thank you... 

On 17. apr. 2016 at 7:48 AM, Coffee Chicken Barista said:

There are no words. Juto, THERE ARE NO WORDS!!!!!!! 

Cheesecake? 

Haha! Did I make tribe go clap clap? Haha!! 

On 18. apr. 2016 at 3:15 AM, SpamKey said:

OMG Elias's internal monologue :rofl: I cannot get enough of it, it's too perfect! "Doctor, doctor, my boyfriend is being too adorable, something is wrong!!!!" I love it, it's so amazing! :lol:

Only Elias, man... That overprotective moron :P 

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Juto

• Arty

• Subtly Clashing Wishes

• Kaze Wo Hiku

Sorry it's been a while ;) have a two part. Once again featuring the amazing Dr. Hot Guy from Spamkey's "A Work in Progress". :heart: thank you. 

Part 75 – Calling Doctor V

Elias was happy Zachariah’s parents hadn't showed up during the night or this particular morning or the invisible angel would have had a hard time warming up honeybrew on the stove in the kitchen. Zach's morning portion of extra mushy porridge was still steaming hot on the table.

“Bless you.” The angel called out as he heard a few muffled sneezes from the stairs. Zachariah came shuffling in, wearily dragging his feet just as Elias sat the honeybrew down next to the porridge. He turned towards his ward hoping the hot shower had improved his scratchy throat and congested nose. His face fell as he took in Zachariah's appearance. 

With his damp curly hair all tousled from being towel dried and with a pair of baggy sweats and a black T shirt, Zach could have easily passed for a relaxed student, getting ready for his early morning classes. However, the redness around his eyes pointed to an unrestful night, the tiny beads of sweat on his brow told the angel that his ward's fever hadn't gone down and the overall defeated appearance of his entrance into the kitchen had the angel worrying that what he had hoped to be a mere cold was well on its way to becoming something worse. 

He quickly glanced at the setting on the table, noticing a missing spoon in Zach's porridge. Taking three steps to the left, he picked one from the open drawer turning back in time to see his ward, arms outstretched towards the empty chair, apparently thinking Elias was sitting there ready to catch him as he was about to let himself fall into it. 

“No, Zachariah, NO!”

As swiftly as he could Elias skidded the three steps back, catching Zach around his midsection before the younger man could fall into the chair. Wrapping both arms and wings around his ward, Elias eased them down into the chair, adjusting Zach on his lap. 

“I'm so sorry Zachariah, I was getting you a spoon.” Elias bend his head down, keeping Zach's head snuggled under his chin. 

Zach shook his head against his chest, sniffling softly. “Not your fault.” Elias frowned at the thick congestion in Zach's voice and the way his breathing still sounded heavy even after a warm shower. He placed a cool hand on Zach's brow, frowning at the heat and the exhausted yet pleasurable sigh Zachariah let out at his touch. Yep, the fever was definitely still there, maybe even a little higher than it had been before Zach showered. 

“I take it you're not feeling any better then?” Zach shook his head again, burrowing himself closer to Elias, a small shiver running through him. “Aww cutie, I'd really hoped the hot shower had helped.” Zach merely shrugged in his arms, rubbing his nose with the back of his hand. “Please tell me you're not going to school today?” Elias knew better than to order his ward to stay home. It was his job to keep Zachariah healthy and happy but without interfering with his free will. He knew he had to let the younger man decide for himself, and he would, as long as Zach made the right decision. Elias could be very persuasive, but to his great dismay, Zachariah could be equally stubborn. Luckily, his ward saw sense. This time. 

“Don't fe-hhh-eel well…Hh…” Zach rubbed viciously at his nose. 

Elias caught his ticklish pre-sneeze face in time to place a tissue on his nose, letting Zach's own hand keep it in place. 

“Hh… Ah’tsschuh! A’tschju!-uhh!” Zach brought the tissue down to rest in his lap but the ticklish expression remained on his face. 

“One more, darling?” Zach nodded through the buildup, slowly bringing his hand back up to cup his nose only to drop it again as the tickle abated. “Here.” Elias offered, bringing up a finger to gently wiggle the tip of Zach's reddened and quivering nose. Zach's eyes filled with irritated tears as the ticklish sensation came back, torturing him. He gave one small hitch, then another, weakly shoving Elias’s hand away and lowering his head down into the tissue. Elias held him tight, feeling Zach's last energy reserves joining the release.

“Ah’aschju! T’schjuh! Ahh… Ah’tschoo!” 

Zach slumped against him, slightly breathless in the aftermath of the fit. With a hand on his ward’s back and his breath close to his ear Elias both felt and heard the wheeze in Zach's exhale. The angel grew immediately worried. 

“Zachariah, how's your chest?”

With a look of mild surprise Zach pressed his palm against his chest taking a deep breath. Elias mentally cringed at the wheezy sound before Zach's breath caught and he pitched forward cupping his mouth as a harsh, dry cough shook his entire body. “Bit tight.” He croaked when he could finally breathe again. 

Nervous, Elias padded his own pockets, then Zach's, muttering a curse at the lack of an inhaler within reach. “You hungry at all?” As Zach weakly shook his head Elias took note of his warm forehead, his slower than normal pulse and his cackling lungs. He filed the information in his mind, ready to ask the “G” once Zach was tucked back up in his bed.

~ ~ ~ 

A bit later, Elias slowly pulled away from his napping ward, untangling the limbs that had held Zachariah close to his chest as the younger man gave into sleep after Elias had given him fever reducer and a few sips of honeybrew to soothe his throat and warm him up from the inside. 
Nuzzling Zachariah's cheek with his thumb, Elias pondered his next move. After a few puffs from the inhaler they'd had to conclude that Zach couldn't breathe deep enough for the medicine to be effective. It had helped, but even now in sleep Elias heard the small wheeze in Zach's already congested breathing. 

Searching the “G”, reading every relevant article on webMD did nothing to soothe Elias’s worry, quite the contrary. The angel had to conclude that this wasn't something mere honeybrew and sleep could battle. 

~ ~ ~ 

“Dr. Verago?” 

“Uh, yes?” Elias frowned at the deep, confused voice on the phone. 

“It's Elias Fitzwilliam.” Silence. “Zachariah Benedict’s boyfriend?” 

“Of course, yes, Elias. How may I help you?”

Elias took a deep breath before he started to explain Zach's symptoms; how he had been ailing for almost a week before the cold finally sank it's vicious claws in him, coughing lightly all the while as he showed a slight fever every morning and evening. 2 days ago things had taken a turn for the worse. Zach's fever had gone up, he had complained about feeling sore and unwell and his cough had sounded even worse. But it wasn't until this morning that his asthma meds didn't have the desired effect. 

The doctor had listened and only asked a few questions concerning Zach's coherency, mucus production and temperature. 

“Goodness, it sounds like a really bad case of pneumonia, possibly acute bronchitis.”

Elias closed his eyes and sighed as his theory was confirmed. “Knowing Zachariah, I wouldn't rule out either, Dr. Verago.” He shot a worried look at his ward whose fever tinted cheeks, red nose and high pitched wheeze mixed with his congested breathing tore at Elias’s dead heart. 

“Right. My shift ends in 2 hours, I'll come and check on him, maybe do a pulmonary function test. I'll bring a nebuliser and a stronger bronchodilator just in case. His current inhaler is blue, correct?”

“Yes.” Elias quickly pulled the device from his pocket. “It's a salamol, 100 micrograms.”

“Excellent. I'll bring a spare one and a stronger salbutamol for the nebuliser.” Elias thanked the heavens for getting them acquainted with Dr. Verago.

“Thank you.” Elias swallowed against the forming lump in his throat. “Oh, by the way.”

“Yes?”

“I, uh,” Elias scrambled for the words. “I may not be with Zachariah when you get here.” God, his chest hurt from just saying that, of course he would be with his Zachariah, just not in visible form.

“Oh!” The doctor sounded surprised. 

“I'm sorry!” Elias didn't really know why he was apologising. “I'll be there as soon as I can.”

“Huh, I need to give you instructions to the nebuliser. Depending on Zach's condition I won't trust him to forward the instructions to you.” The line went silent and Elias internally cursed his state of in-humanness. What he wouldn't give to actually be Zachariah's overprotective boyfriend. Visible boyfriend. “Can I call you when I'm there?”

“Yes! Of course.” Elias breathed a sigh of relief at the doctor’s plan. Darian said his goodbye with a promise to come as soon as his shift ended and upon hearing Elias’s shaky yet relieved reply of gratitude added:

“Stay calm, Elias.” The angel nodded as he wiped his eyes, surprised to find them wet. When had he started crying? “Zachariah will be fine. He has you to watch over him.”

Waiting for Dr. Verago to arrive Elias laid down next to his ward, placing his head as close to Zach's chest as he could without adding weight to his laboured breathing. The angel memorised the sound of each wheeze, each crackly intake of breath. Zach coughed airily in his sleep and Elias felt wetness trickle from his eyes at the worsened wheeze beneath his ear. 

Hurry up Dr. Verago. I can't bear this! 

TBC…

Part 76 - Frustrations

A little more than 2 hours later Elias heard the back door creek open. Since “boyfriend Elias” couldn't be there in person to let the doctor in – and there was no way the guardian would wake Zachariah – he had texted the doctor, telling him the back door was left unlocked. 

“Zach?” The doctor called from the kitchen and Elias heard the sound of footsteps coming up the stairs. He turned towards his sleeping ward and pressed his lips to his fevered temple before he slowly got out of bed but crouched down next to it, unwilling to remove himself from Zach completely. He muted his phone but kept it in his hand, ready to pick up as soon as Darian called him. He reached a hand out to brush Zach's damp hair away from his burning forehead.

“Doctor’s here, my darling. You're gonna be fine.” At this point Elias didn't know if he was reassuring himself or Zachariah. “You'll be fine.” 

“Zach?” There was a soft knock on the ajar door and Elias saw the face of Dr. Verago peek inside before quickly stepping in and making a bee-line for the bed. 

With growing anxiety mixed with the relief that the doctor was finally here, Elias watched as Darian examined his ward, listened to his chest, measured his temperature with an ear-thermometer and took his pulse.
Zach stirred as the doctor’s cold stethoscope was pressed against his chest. He mumbled something incoherent as his hands searched the empty bedside next to him. Making sure that Darian wasn't focused on Zach's hand Elias slowly reached out to take it, feeling Zach's weakened fingers hold his tight. His eyes fluttered open and blinked a few times before focusing on the empty air beside him. Elias marvelled as their eyes locked; his on Zachariah’s, Zachariah’s on the empty air. Slowly, Zach became more aware of his surroundings and the doctor who continued to listen to his chest. He turned his head towards him. 

“Hi Zach.” Darian smiled at him, stethoscope still in his ears. “It's me, Darian Verago. Your personal house-calling doctor.” Zach frowned, slightly unfocused eyes still looking at Darian. “Elias called me.” Darian explained as he once again listened to Zach's laboured breathing. “He told me you weren't feeling so good.” Elias silently thanked Dr. Verago’s calming way of speaking. He wasn't sure feverish and hazy Zachariah was able to understand much in his current state. “Let's see if we can't loosen those lungs of yours, alright. Can you sit up?”

Sit up? Elias frowned. Zachariah was barely conscious and the doctor expected him to sit up? 

With Darian pulling on his arms and with Elias supporting him from behind, Zach managed an almost sitting position, allowing Darian to place more pillows under his head to elevate it and support his back. 

Next, the doctor pulled out a small electronic spirometer from his bag and fitted the mouthpiece to Zach's mouth using the elastic strap to keep it in place. After a few instructions and repetitions – Elias was growing steadily more concerned about Zach's incoherency, Zach started breathing normally and Dr. Verago monitored the small screen.  

After a couple of minutes of steady, yet wheezy breathing, Zach's cough started again, and he pulled the mouthpiece away and started coughing into his elbow. From Zach's position and the way his shoulders tensed and quivered through the coughs, Elias could tell they were growing more and more painful. His own chest ached in sympathy. He kept a comforting hand on Zach's shoulder to steady him and brushed a soft kiss to his temple when they finally let up. 

Trough the fit, Dr. Verago had muttered to himself and Elias had been able to catch words such as “inflammation” and “bronchi”, “asthma” and “salbutamol”. 
Elias let out an exasperated sigh, running his hand through his tousled hair. He had expected nothing less, but knowing he was right made his chest ache and his eyes go watery. 

He realised just in time that Darian had pulled out his cell and was placing a call. Elias held his phone ready, checking it was still on silent as he prepared to speak in hushed tones. Elias picked up as soon as the Doctor’s name flashed on the screen. 

"Elias.”

“Elias, hi, it's Darian Verago. I'm over at Zach's.”

“Mm-hmm.” The angel muttered in a low voice as he tried to keep a polite tone despite his worry. “And?”

“You were right. Bad case of pneumonia mixed with acute bronchitis, no doubt worsened by his asthma.” Elias sighed. “I'm about to start the nebuliser, but uhh…” The Dr. Looked down at Zach who could barely keep his unfocused eyes open. Elias followed his gaze and read the doctor’s mind. “Zach is not exactly in a fit state to take instructions, so you're gonna have to pay attention, okay?” 

“Of course, I will.”

The doctor frowned. “Are you in a place with bad reception? Sounds like there's an echo on the line. It's very distracting.”

Elias took a few small steps back and lowered his voice even further. He was not ready to leave Zachariah. “I can hear you just fine.” 

Darian put his finger in his ear and pressed the phone closer to the other. “What?”

“I said, I can hear you just fine.” Elias spoke as loudly as he dared, hoping. 

“WHAT?” Darian strained to catch his voice on the phone. 

Elias sighed in frustration and shot an anxious glance at his feverish ward before he tip toed out of the room. 

Resisting the urge to bang his head against the wall in frustration, Elias was forced to listen to Darian’s instructions through the phone, only able to cast quick glances into the room whenever he wasn't required to speak. 

“You think you can manage that on your own?” Elias sighed as Darian finished his instruction to him through the phone. 

“Yes, if not I'll call you.” He heard Zach cough harshly and pull in a painful sounding mouthful of air. The angel blinked back tears. He had to end this call quickly and get back to his ward where he belonged. 

“Make sure you do. I've left the new inhalers and some stronger fever reducers on the nightstand, so when-“

“Yes, I can see that!” 

“Uhh, what?” Elias saw the doctor look around Zach's room and out the window. Too late, Elias realised what he had said in a hurry to end the conversation. 

“I mean, uhh, I'm sure I’ll see that when I get there.” 

“Of course. Then-“

A sudden commotion at the front door made both doctor and angel turn their attention. Elias cursed to himself. Zach's parents were home. He only just heard the whispered “gotta go.” From the phone in his hand before the doctor appeared in the hallway. Mostly hidden behind the doorframe to Zach's room, Darian had a perfect view of the slouched and drunk, walking figures of Zach's parents as they made their way from the hall to the kitchen, dumping jackets, shoes and accessories on the floor along the way. 

“They probably don't even know.” Elias heard the whispered voice of Dr. Verago mumble before both doctor and angel shot a glance at the now sleeping and airily coughing patient. Elias was just about to head back into Zachariah’s room when he noticed Darian leaning out over the handrail to get a better view of the parents in the kitchen. 

Knowing all too well about the weak structure of the handrail, Elias rushed to close the distance between himself and the curious doctor, getting to him in the same second Darian leaned an inch too far out, causing the handrail to cede. 

The doctor let out an airy gasp as Elias closed his arms around him and pulled him back, bringing them both down on the floor. Elias quickly crawled away before the doctor could get a feel of whatever had saved him. Darian looked around, shocked and perplexed, before shooting an anxious glance towards the kitchen. Luckily, the drunk and zoned out parents hadn't heard the small commotion. 

Darian looked around in the small hall one more time, letting his gaze linger on the strip of handrail that had ceded under his weight. 

A dry, harsh cough brought their attention back to Zach's room. In the blink of an eye, Elias was by Zach's bedside, steadying him with a comforting hand on his back. Elias was happy to see Darian give Zach one last check-up, listening to his lungs once last time before he pulled out his phone. Elias kept his hand nuzzling Zach in his sleep as he glanced at the incoming message on his phone screen. 

“Zach is stable, coughing harshly, but the salbutamol is working. I'm leaving now. Parents are home and oblivious. –Darian.”

Full of gratitude, Elias shot a quick text back.

“Thank you, Dr. Verago. I'll be there soon. –Elias.”

With a last glance at Zach, the angel followed Darian to the front door, keeping a watchful eye on Zach's parents in the kitchen as Darian tip toed his way across the hall. He allowed himself a sigh of relief and the door silently closed behind the doctor. 

Back up in Zach's room, Elias watched Darian get into his car, but not before he'd shot a short message back to Elias.

“Glad to hear it. Don't ever hesitate to call. –Darian.” 

Zach jerked and bend to the side, coughing into his duvet. Elias held him as the fit shook his entire body and made him whimper slightly with the pain. After a mouthful of water and a few minutes of soothing murmurs, Zach was fast asleep again. Elias settled himself next to him on the bed, carefully curling his arms and legs around his ward's fragile body. 

“I won't.”

TBC…

Edited by Juto

Oh god Juto....this was a wonderful of cute care taking, worried Elias and heart wrenching pain since Elias couldn't "be there"...

AND OF COURSE DARIAN!!!!! :heart:

That made it mostly better...mostly.

AHHH poor Zach!!!! You just can't cut him a break, can you, Juto! :cry: 

(As always, wonderful work with Dr. Hot Guy, you've done a brilliant job as always! :heart:)

Frustrated!Elias was quite entertaining :lol: I feel your pain, Elias, I feel your pain... Even if I did have a hand in causing it... :sweatdrop: 

Wonderful installment! You did a marvelous job with depicting Elias's frustration and worry. I loved this. And, yes, @SpamKey's OC, Dr Darian Verago is an awesome fit in your stories.

On 30/4/2016 at 4:55 PM, Kaze wo Hiku said:

Oh god Juto....this was a wonderful of cute care taking, worried Elias and heart wrenching pain since Elias couldn't "be there"...

AND OF COURSE DARIAN!!!!! :heart:

That made it mostly better...mostly.

:heart: i love adding Darian's calm exterior to Elias's frustrations haha
! Poor doctor. i'm not sure he knew what he signed up for.

On 30/4/2016 at 6:16 PM, SpamKey said:

AHHH poor Zach!!!! You just can't cut him a break, can you, Juto! :cry: 

(As always, wonderful work with Dr. Hot Guy, you've done a brilliant job as always! :heart:)

Frustrated!Elias was quite entertaining :lol: I feel your pain, Elias, I feel your pain... Even if I did have a hand in causing it... :sweatdrop: 

Pffffft! calm Elias is boring :P must write him either mother henning or deeply frustrated haha! poor angel.

On 1/5/2016 at 2:26 AM, Artygirl22 said:

:boom::boom::boom:

*looks at bombsite.. again. Fetches broom*

On 1/5/2016 at 2:16 PM, Seeking Clarity + Wisdom said:

Wonderful installment! You did a marvelous job with depicting Elias's frustration and worry. I loved this. And, yes, @SpamKey's OC, Dr Darian Verago is an awesome fit in your stories.

Aww thanks scw :D I'm glad you like the fit, I may use him again in the future ;)

This is the first in a sequence of 4 parts... just to prove that I CAN write angst :P

Part 77 - Caught

“Ugh, I can't believe I agreed to this.” Simon muttered to himself mere seconds before knocking on the Benedict’s front door. Of course he'd had to act the teachers pet and agree to bring Zach his holiday assignment. They hadn't really spoken since Elias, Mr. Perfect Boyfriend had gone back to his own upper-class university. Simon still felt slight embarrassment over the whole affair. Why hadn't Zach just come out and told him he already had a boyfriend? Simon had had a hard time simply returning to the ‘friend stage’, awkwardness and pride – and he had to admit, remnants of fancy – made him keep his distance.

“Yes?”

Simon was startled as Zach's farther opened the door and glared at him. His beady eyes were small and sunken and there was a distinct smell of alcohol on his breath.

“Uhm, hi, Mr. Benedict. I, Uhm, I just came by to give Zach his holiday homework. The school webpage is down so I carry a primitive, written assignment with me.” Simon forced back a shiver. He had never liked Zach's father. He'd never admit it to anyone, but the much larger man scared the living shit out of him. "Uhm, Zach already knows I'm coming. I texted him earlier."

Without breaking his glare, Zach's father turned his head slightly to side and yelled. ”ZIGGY!”. Simon flinched, looking up, half expecting fragments of concrete peeling off the walls of the house. Zach's father took a step back and gestured with his head for Simon to come in and wait.

After a few seconds, a slightly swaying Zachariah, wearing a dark grey and silver pair of pyjamas and a fleece robe was making his way down the stairs from his bedroom and out into the hall. As he got closer, Simon could easily understand why his crush hadn't been in school these last few days; the boy could hardly stand. He looked ashen and Simon could make out tiny beads of sweat on his forehead and temples. His cloudy eyes seemed hazy and unfocused and he looked as though he was fighting hard to keep them open at all. His nose and eyes were red and itchy looking, a direct contrast to his pale, sickly skin.

“Hi, Simon.” He said, his voice barely more than a whisper. Simon own throat hurt just hearing Zach trying to speak.

“You look absolutely horrible.” Simon blurted out before his brain had time to edit his thoughts. Out the corner of his eyes he noticed Zach's father rolling his eyes.

“Yeah,” Zach whispered with a forced smile, shooting a quick glance at his father. “I'm not feeling too great at the moment.” Zach's father scoffed loudly, making Simon turn to stare at him. He quickly looked away though as invisible bolts of lightning came flying at him from the larger man’s eyes. Simon looked back at Zach in time to see shame flicker across his face before he raised a trembling hand to cup his nose and mouth.

“Excuse me, please… Hh… I… Hheh… H’atschju! Snf! Heschoo! Snf! Whoops!” Simon instinctively reached out a hand as he noticed Zach loosing his balance after the last sneeze. But before he could grab hold of him, he seemed to have regained his balance by himself. Zach let out a small sigh and glanced at the empty air behind him, curling his lips up into a small smile.

How odd, Simon thought. In case this wasn't already awkward enough, Zach had to prefer looking at the empty air instead of him. He cleared his throat to regain Zach's attention, earning a stern gaze from the hovering shadow of Zach's father.

“Miss Pettigrew sends you her best wishes… And...” He pulled the papers from his shoulder bag. “Your holiday assignment. Enjoy.”

Zach offered him a small smile as he took the papers. “Thanks Simon, I appreciate it.” He broke off to muffle a harsh, dry cough into his sleeve. He cleared his throat a few times before attempting to speak again. Simon could tell even his whispered speech pained him. “Have a lovely Christmas. I’ll see you after the holidays?”

“Sure, feel better, Zach.” Before he could stop himself, Simon had leaned in for the awkward friend hug, figuring a small closure before the holidays would go a long way for him. Zach smiled shyly and curled his arm around Simon’s shoulder. Simon was briefly caught in the heat wave that emanated from Zach. He pulled back with a sympathetic smile. Simon could not help feeling sorry for him. He would not wish Zach's immune system on his worst enemy.

“I hope Elias can find time to come down and take care of you, like the perfect boyfriend he is.”

Simon had meant it in the kindest way possible, but the second the words had crossed his lips he realised he had said something wrong. What little colour that had been left in Zach's face was now gone. He was ghostly white and so tense that Simon feared he could shatter any minute. Oddly enough, all matters of red and purple-ish colours had found their way into Zach's fathers face.

“What did you just say, boy?” Simon recoiled as Zach father once again held him with his menacing glare. He panicked. No lies to save the situation came to him and he could do nothing but stare blankly at the parent whose attention slowly turned towards his only child who was right in the middle of coughing up a lung. Zach managed to fight down the urge to cough deeply by letting out minor coughs in between wheezy breaths, but Simon could tell he was on the verge of passing out.

“D-dad. *wheeze*, pl- *cough cough*, p-please, listen, I… Hhe… I… h’etchu! Snf! *cough cough*, *wheeze*.” Zach gave up on talking and just stared at his dad, pleading.

Simon finally found his voice. “Mr. Benedict, I'm sorry, I was only joking, Zach is not-“

But that was all Simon managed before he was seized by his shoulders and shoved off the premises. He barely had time to regain his balance before the heavy wooden door slammed shut behind him.

~ ~ ~

Elias’s mind was in uproar. He hadn't loosened his grip around his weakened ward’s waist for a single second since he had been called down from his sickbed. Every passing second he'd had to support a little more of Zachariah’s weight, and now his ward was so tense with fear he could barely catch his breath. The angel feared the worst but could do nothing except making sure Zachariah wouldn't fall.

Zach’s father was still fuming silently, but the guardian could tell he was building up to an eruption, the vein at his temple pulsating like never before. Based on the conversation he had overheard between Zach and his father the last time this particular subject had surfaced, the guardian had no trouble guessing what would ultimately be in store for them. His thoughts were for Zachariah alone; praying that his poor ward wouldn't break into a million pieces in his arms.

Zach’s father gritted his teeth, all his attention was on his son and Elias could feel Zach starting to tremble in his arms under his father’s scrutinising gaze.

“Is it true, Zach?” Despite the undeniable anger radiating off of him, Zach's father sounded surprisingly calm. Dangerously calm.

“Ah’schju! H’etscju!” Zach swayed slightly, and Elias tightened his embrace, pressing his face against Zach’s hair both to steady and comfort him. His ward’s trembles resonated in his own body. If it could he was sure his own heart would have matched Zach’s racing rhythm.

“ANSWER ME!” The force of his father's voice made Zach's trembles grow in intensity and Elias knew his grip was the only reason he was still standing.

“Y-yes.” Zach's voice was nothing more than a whisper but one look at the parent’s face told Elias that the word was echoing through his inner ear. His breaths came in heavy and building patterns, the vein at his temple fiery red and angry. Still, he managed to contain his anger long enough to speak calmly.

“I warned you Zach! I told you no son of mine would ever succumb to such filthy and disgusting urges! NOT under my roof!”

“D-dad *wheeze* *cough cough* please!”

“Get out!”

Elias had expected nothing less, but to hear the words actually spoken out loud, and worse, to feel the effect they had on the trembling bundle in his arms hurt more than any strike could possibly have.

“GET OUT!”

Elias knew that Zach's father would never physically hurt his son but his verbal demand was having the same effect. Zach recoiled from the anger, small, strained sobs escaping him in between exhausted intakes and wheezy exhales.

“D-dad-dy?” One word! That one word! An entire childhood of sickness and neglect and yet, Zach's love for his parents was unquenchable. His father however, did not seem to feel the same emotional ties to his son.

“You. Are. Not. My. Son.” Elias hugged his ward tight, willing him to stay in one piece long enough to get him out. The heat from Zach's body felt like fire on his skin and even through the layers of cotton and fleece he could feel Zach's lungs quiver with each shaky intake of breath. He held on, bracing himself and Zachariah for the final blow.

“GET! OUT!”

Tapping into unknown reserves of energy, Zachariah seemed to build up strength to support himself again. Eyes brimming over with tears of shame and despair locked briefly on his father's sunken eyes and Zach mustered a tiny sad nod in acceptance before he turned with his angel glued to his back and with very heavy and controlled steps walked out the door.

As Elias had expected, Zach’s new found energy was short lived. Once outside, door slammed shut behind him, his father's angry roar fading into the background, Zach's legs turned to jelly and all he could do was breathe an almost silent “Elias.” Before his eyes rolled back into his skull and his body went limp.

A silent plea to Forcas, the God of visibility, a flash of bright, white light and a graceless Elias was standing on the pavement with his unconscious ward in his arms. What was his next move? He wasn't entirely sure.

TBC…

Edited by Juto

HOW DARE YOU!!!!!!!!??????!!!!!! WHY!!?! HE'S SUFFERED ENOUGH!!!! :purge::purge::purge:

On a side note, I would never ever kick out my child for being gay. And while sick too. Hell I'd throw a coming out party while taking care of them. And be that embarrassing mother. Anyway....Poor Zach....and damn it Simon!!! But I can't place all Blame on him because Zach has horrible parents. 

Even knowing it was coming... UWAAAAAAAAAH :cry: Why do bad things happen to good people :angelsad:

YOU CRUEL CRUEL JUTO YOU!!!!!!

14 hours ago, Juto said:

“D-dad-dy?” One word! That one word! An entire childhood of sickness and neglect and yet, Zach's love for his parents was unquenchable. His father however, did not seem to feel the same emotional ties to his son.

HOOOOOOOW DAAAAAARE YOOOOOOOOOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU ARE EVIL!!!! SO SO EVIL!!!!!

Um, I think you might need protective gear. What are they gonna do now? I must know! I must!

OH MY GOODNESS.

This is much too good to be true. I found this on drabbles this morning and I have not put it down yet.

I'm only on page 5 though XD.

i just skimmed this for five SECONDS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNY FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLS WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Chi come to  the new rp im waiting for ya :D)

On 8. maj 2016 at 11:21 PM, Artygirl22 said:

HOW DARE YOU!!!!!!!!??????!!!!!! WHY!!?! HE'S SUFFERED ENOUGH!!!! :purge::purge::purge:

On a side note, I would never ever kick out my child for being gay. And while sick too. Hell I'd throw a coming out party while taking care of them. And be that embarrassing mother. Anyway....Poor Zach....and damn it Simon!!! But I can't place all Blame on him because Zach has horrible parents. 

Oh no gosh, I would never. It's all for the sake of the story. Haha, yeah I'd throw a party too :lol: and join the "embarrassing mother's club" 

On 9. maj 2016 at 4:00 AM, GeniusArtStuff said:

jghi'werglaskfvWHYYYY WHY MY TEARS 

:hug: Awww 

On 9. maj 2016 at 4:45 AM, SpamKey said:

Even knowing it was coming... UWAAAAAAAAAH :cry: Why do bad things happen to good people :angelsad:

YOU CRUEL CRUEL JUTO YOU!!!!!!

HOOOOOOOW DAAAAAARE YOOOOOOOOOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah I know. Sawwy ;) but also, knowing me, you know it'll turn out fluffy :P 

On 9. maj 2016 at 7:50 AM, Coffee Chicken Barista said:

YOU ARE EVIL!!!! SO SO EVIL!!!!!

Hehe. Yep! :lol: I needed to prove that I can wrote angst too. ;) 

On 9. maj 2016 at 2:06 PM, Artemis said:

Um, I think you might need protective gear. What are they gonna do now? I must know! I must!

Oh dear, I think you might be right. 

Ahem...

:batman: will this do? :lol: 

On 9. maj 2016 at 10:30 PM, Seeking Clarity + Wisdom said:

This was so troubling to read. ? I could never toss my child out for being gay. (In fact I didn't, when my child came out to me.) I wouldn't toss anyone out while sick and in their PJs! Zach's dad is the worst! ? There's a special place in hell for him, isn't there? 

Well, Elias, get out that key. I'm sure you've been prepping for this moment. 

@Juto you are certainly demonstrating your ability to write angst. ?

Yeah, you bet the jerk is going to hell! Elias will see to that *oops spoiler* 

Well, I'm not surprised, mother-of-the-year :hug: 

17 hours ago, Chi said:

OH MY GOODNESS.

This is much too good to be true. I found this on drabbles this morning and I have not put it down yet.

I'm only on page 5 though XD.

Oh gosh, Uhm, thank you. :blush: 

5 hours ago, Chi said:

I READ ALL DAY I'M AT PAGE 17 AND THIS IS AMAZING :D 

Here

http://chi-posting-art.deviantart.com/art/Elias-and-Zach-609042939?ga_submit_new=10%253A1463273308

Is this ok?

Oh wow! It looks so cute :lol: Awww :heart: I don't think I've ever written that scenario, but maybe I will now...? Haha! Thank you so much, that was so sweet of you. :hug: 

4 hours ago, batmansgirl said:

i just skimmed this for five SECONDS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNY FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLS WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Chi come to  the new rp im waiting for ya :D)

Hehe. 

4 hours ago, Chi said:

I finished the Drabble.

WHYYYYY

Oh dear, sorry :(  carrying on then...? Stay tuned ;) 

Thank you thank you thank you. 

It warms my heart to read so many sweet comments aww :heart: you guys are the best. :hug: let's get Zachariah to safety so Elias will stop worrying (pffft, like that's gonna happen, EVER! :lol: )

Part 78 – Plan B

The drizzling snow cast a silvery shadow over the road as it melted upon contact with the warmer ground. The soft golden light from the street lamps turned misty as the slow trickle of falling snow obstructed their glow. The streets were practically empty except for a lone car every now and again. Glances through windows showed families gathering around dinner tables, ready to share their stories of the day.

Despite the chilly December air, the guardian was trudging the streets in the still early evening cradling to his chest the only thing in the entire world that mattered to him. Zachariah had been swimming in and out of consciousness for the past half hour since they'd left the house. When he was unconscious, the guardian could do nothing but wrap him tighter in this fleece robe and the angel’s own sweater to keep the cold from entering his already ill body while he listened to his ward's laboured breathing. When he was conscious, tiny moans of misery would escape him along with the occasional tear and lung clenching cough. Elias would wipe the tears away almost instantly, not wanting to cause the cold air to sting Zachariah’s moist eyes and add a further discomfort to his misery. 

Their destination was still an hour away, but when Zach started shivering and choking on coughs the angel sought shelter in an empty bus stop by the road. He sat on the tiny bench in his shelter, shifting Zach to sit in his lap as the younger man bend over to choke up coughs so dry and achy that Elias was afraid his lungs were turning to dust. He kept his cheek pressed against Zach's head while his hand rubbed soothingly on his back. Zach's coughs finally let up but his lungs still sounded painfully wheezy. Elias pulled the medical inhaler out of his pocket, thanking his lucky stars that he had put it there before his ward was called down the stairs. 

Zachariah didn't have the energy nor the actual lung capacity to draw a deep enough breath for the medicine to work properly but the angel hoped it would hold him for at least a few hours. He realised then he needed to get back to the house some time later. All Zach's meds, the nebuliser Dr. Verago had gotten him a few days before to treat his bronchitis before it became worse, all his notes for his “Zachariahn Encyclopaedia” and some of Zach's most precious belongings were left behind. 

“H’atschju! Snf! Atscju!” Elias hugged Zach impossibly tighter as his shivers started again and the ward grabbed hold of Elias’s shirt with trembling hands.  Zach's cheeks still felt fever warm despite the cold weather hurriedly invading the rest of his body. He had to get Zach inside and warm, but there was still a good long way.
He thought about calling a taxi, but it being December and the busiest Friday for Christmas lunches he doubted a taxi would be able to get here before Zach turned into an ice cube. He considered asking Dr. Verago for help, but discarded the thought. He knew from their conversation earlier that the good ER doctor was neck-deep in snow accidents, besides, if Darian was at work, it would still take him a while to get to them.

Elias weighed his options. There was only one person he could call and the thought sent fiery bolts of anger shooting through his veins. He padded the pockets of Zach's robe. 
“Do you have your phone with you?” Zach shook his head against the angel’s chest, slowly opening his eyes. Elias slithered his hand down into his own pocket with some difficulty, retrieving his own phone. He sent his ward a comforting smile, hoping Zach would buy his calm façade. 
“Lucky for you I am a fully certified stalker.” He slid his phone open and pressed ‘contacts’. “And as such, I copied all of your contacts onto my own phone.” He shrugged. “With a little explanatory help from the “G”!” Zach merely stared at him eyes dull and unfocused.
Elias sighed and pressed his lips against Zach's brow as his thumb scrolled the list of contacts searching for the name of a person he had been ready to kill 30 minutes ago.

~ ~ ~ 

Simon picked up as soon as his phone rang, praying that it would be Zach, hopefully with some good news. 

“Simon!” Simon was waiting for the unknown caller to speak but all he heard was a heavy sigh on the other end. Then.

“Simon it's Elias.”

Simon tensed. His mind spun a thousand different scenarios that would have made Zach's boyfriend call him. In the most believable one, Elias should be ready to kill him after what he had caused over at Zach's. A million different apologies welled up in him but before he could voice any of them, concern fought them back and Simon realised he desperately needed the answer to one question. 

“Is Zach alright?”

Elias didn't speak, but Simon could make out heavy breathing on the other end as if Zach's boyfriend was fighting back anger, or sobs. Or both?

“He's… With me!”

Simon let out a heavy breath. He was safe! Zach was safe! The bubbling queue of apologies spurted out of him like word vomit. He was sorry, so sorry, so worried, anxious even. He had no idea that Zach's parents didn't know about Elias, he had merely wanted to cheer Zach up, but he had been such an idiot and oh God, Zach must truly hate him....

Before he could begin to justly damn himself and his big mouth Elias interrupted him. 

“Simon I need a favour.” Simon nodded feverishly into the phone. He was willing to do anything at this point. 

“Anything, Elias.”

“I need you to grab a couple of warm blankets,  a coat, a hat, a scarf, anything that can possibly provide warmth and come pick us up.”

Shit! Judging by the favour and the requested items Simon guessed Zach was no longer at his parent’s house. Simon could only speculate as to what had happened after he had been forced to leave but he got the sinking feeling that Zach hadn't chosen to walk out. 

Simon quickly scribbled the location he was given by Elias before he hung up with a hastened “I'll be there as fast I can.”
Simon hastily grabbed his car keys, stuffed some winter clothes into a bag and threw a “hanging out with a friend tonight. See ya!” Over his shoulder at his parents in the kitchen before he ran out the door.

Driving to the location he was given it took him no time at all to spot the couple, huddled together, sheltered by the bus stop and after having carefully strapped a coughing, shivering and now thickly wrapped Zach into the car seat still in his boyfriends arms Simon set off, guided through the snowy streets and light evening traffic by Elias.

He held the door as Elias carried a barely conscious Zach over the threshold, through the small hall and the living room and further into the bedroom. Once on the bed, Elias began peeling of several of Zach's layers, leaving him in his pyjama pants, the knitted hat and scarf that Simon had brought and some oversized sweater which Simon concluded was Elias’s. After a quick feel of Zach's feet Elias went to the closet and retrieved 2 pairs of fleece socks, pulling them on top of the ones already there. 

“No cold feet for sick boys.” The statement came complete with a look so tender and affectionate. 

Simon sighed. A comment like that would have melted him in a heartbeat, unfortunately Zach was too busy trying to get a decent intake of breath before his illness claimed him again. Simon winced as Zach was launched into a another fit of dry heaving coughs, falling forward into Elias’s arms. 

Shit, his crush was in a bad way. Knowing Zach it was probably pneumonia or bronchitis, or some unknown cocktail of nasty that Zach seemed to be served more often than Simon wanted to think about. 

Elias seemed calm as he cradled Zach against him, supporting him through his coughing fit. Elias turned to look at Simon, mouthing “water” as he gestured bringing an invisible glass to his mouth. Simon got the request and went into the kitchen returning with a glass of water which he handed to Elias. After a few sips, Zach started sobbing in high-pitched whispers, rubbing viciously at his eyes and pressing a fist to his chest. Elias pulled him closer and started to gently rock him back and forth letting him come to terms with the situation. Feeling he was imposing on what was clearly a very tender and private moment Simon headed out of the bedroom and into the living room, taking in the actual apartment for the first time. 

It was spacious, but not huge. Only the most necessary furniture were present. Simon thought it had a distinct look of being uninhabited. Despite the lack of furniture, pictures adorned every single wall. Some of them Simon recognised as being copies of masterpieces. At least, he hoped they were copies, they looked so accurate he couldn't really tell, others were sketches, black and white drawings and charcoal. 
In the living room there was a couch large enough for two people to lounge in comfortably and, Simon estimated, a collection of at least 10 blanket, ranging from silkily thin to woolly thick, hung neatly over the back. One entire wall was taken up by empty bookshelves. Another wall was occupied by an entertainment centre. Simon wondered. The shelves that were supposed to be stocked with books, films and music only held one DVD. Looking closer he recognised the 1992 BBC adaptation of Jane Austen’s “Pride and Prejudice.” He shrugged. At least Zach's boyfriend was a fan of the classic. Or Colin Firth. Or both. 

After a little while, Zach fell silent in the bedroom and Simon hoped he was getting som peaceful sleep. He walked quietly through the living room and out into hall. As he passed the kitchen he noticed Elias was there, hunched over the stove, warming up something sweet-smelling in a small pot. 
Simon was about to ask if there was anything more he could possibly do before leaving and that's when he noticed the older man's shoulders were shaking, his head supported by the palm of his hand while his other hand was clinging to the support of the kitchen table, turning his knuckles white. Simon was wrecked by guilt. If only he'd kept his stupid mouth shut. He heard Zach's boyfriend sniffle deeply and cough to clear his throat before he turned around. His composure was good, but Simon still noticed the slight redness around the bit puffy eyes and the deep, very controlled breathing. Their eyes locked for a second before Elias cleared his throat again. 

“I have to go back and get some things out of Zachariah’s room. Could I persuade you to stay here with him? I don't want to leave him alone when he’s…” He swallowed and Simon cut in.

“Of course. It's the least I can do. Oh, take my car… please.” He handed Elias the keys, but Zach's boyfriend merely eyed them, a blush forming under his red-rimmed blue eyes.

“Uhm, Thanks Simon, but uhh, I can't drive.”

“Oh!” Was all Simon could say as he awkwardly pocketed the keys again. Both men turned their heads towards the bedroom as the sound of Zach's whimpered coughs sounded through the wall. For the briefest of seconds Simon saw the face Elias must have worn as he entered the kitchen; The face of a man so desperately miserable and helpless as the person he loved was suffering. 

Was “love” even the right word? They had only been dating 6 months, but one look at Elias’s face provided Simon with a clear cut answer. 
Composed again, Elias swiftly poured the steaming liquid into a thermos and went back into the bedroom. 

~ ~ ~ 

Elias went straight to the bed and crouched down next to his whimpering ward. Zach was only barely awake, his eyes glazed over and unfocused.

“I’m so sorry, Zachariah darling, I thought you were asleep.” 

Zach gave his head the tiniest of shakes and croaked out a whispered “was” before wincing at the pain it caused him. Elias grabbed one of his still cold hands in both of his.

“Don't talk Zachariah, just listen to me. I'm gonna go back to your parent’s house.” He flinched at the panicked expression that invaded Zach's face but ignored it. “All your meds are still there, your phone, computer, my notes. Simon will stay here with you. I'll be back as soon as I can, I promise.  Is there ANYTHING, anything at all that I wouldn't know to bring back that you want me to bring?

Zach looked lost in thought for a minute but ended up shaking his head. “Are you sure?” Elias enquired. “Anything at all?”. Zach shook his head again and brought up a cold hand to cup Elias’s cheek. 

“You.” Was the only whispered word he had the energy to utter before he closed his eyes and finally gave in to sleep. 

“I called a taxi it shou-“ Simon had entered the room, his phone in his hand. He stopped himself as he noticed Zach was asleep. He stayed in the doorway to the bedroom and continued in hushed tones. “The taxi should be here in a few minutes. I've arranged for the driver to wait while you're there and take you back here.”

Elias fought back his emotions, quickly dried his eyes with the back of his hand and sniffled deeply before he turned away from Zach to nod his thanks to Simon. With one last glance at his sleeping ward he stood and left the bedroom. Simon followed him into the hall.

“What can I do for him while you're gone?” All he hatred Elias had felt towards Simon, all the jealousy and all the malice for what he had caused melted away at those words. He turned to look at him. Simon’s green eyes were full of sadness and guilt. 

“Not much I'm afraid, most of his meds are back at the house. Keep him warm but don't let him overheat. I just gave him another dose of meds for his bronchitis but he's not breathing it in properly. If he should wake up, try and get him to drink something. Water, honeybrew from the thermos, anything.”

He pulled on a coat and scarf while Simon nodded, his face still darkened by guilt. 

“Simon, listen.” Elias put his hand on the man's shoulder. “What happened tonight was not your fault. Zachariah's parents would have found out about us soon anyway. I just wish I had been more prepared. I was hesitant to call you tonight, because, to be perfectly honest, I’m not sure I like you all that much, but you proved tonight that you are a true friend and for that I am forever grateful. I have never been more happy to be wrong in my judgement of character and I hope that despite my being in the picture, that you and Zachariah remain friends.” He shot a glance at the bedroom door through which Zach's fleece socks could be seen peeking out from under his duvet. “Lord knows he needs them now more than ever.” He turned to Simon again, giving his shoulder an affectionate squeeze. “Thank you Simon.”

TBC…..

Poor Elias, he truly has the weight of the universe on his shoulder, and now having to go back to that place without his grace...

Zach, Zach is better off with just Elias.

I approve of the protective gear. 

Great job!!!

That was just so... Sad.

His parents are so irresponsible and thoughtless, and everything is awful and now Zach might die and I still really can't wait for the next update and-

*Walks over to arty girl zombie*

Do you have a spare grave?

11 hours ago, Chi said:

*Walks over to arty girl zombie*

Do you have a spare grave?

*digs up another grave* join the undead club how we died is people like Juto who ripped our hearts out with the feels. *glances at Juto* see what you did? But damn I kinda like Simon. 

53 minutes ago, Artygirl22 said:

*digs up another grave* join the undead club how we died is people like Juto who ripped our hearts out with the feels. *glances at Juto* see what you did? But damn I kinda like Simon. 

Thank you. *falls dramatically backwards, clutching heart from feels* OK now I'm a zombie.

YOU HAVE MADE ME FEEL SADNESS!!!! 

AND I HATE IT! BUT I LOVE IT! I'M SO CONFUSED!!!!