• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Juto

• Arty

• Subtly Clashing Wishes

• Kaze Wo Hiku

On 2. apr. 2016 at 3:40 PM, Artemis said:

-blinks empty like- that was beautiful. Plot twist to the max, I loved it. That explains his jacked immune system.

Hehe it does in deed... *ticks off plot twist on GA's plot resume* :lol: 

On 2. apr. 2016 at 5:51 PM, GeniusArtStuff said:

Oh my GOD THAT WAS AMAZING. :0000 that twist I give 10/10 would read again and again and again 

Awww thanks GAS :hug:

On 2. apr. 2016 at 6:52 PM, SpamKey said:

Noooooow I can post it! :D Juto, you've already heard my thoughts regarding this, but let me just reiterate; this sequence was so perfect, from Elias being so understanding, to Zach's nervousness, to Darian's spot-on characterization (I've said it before, but offering to be a kid's house-call doctor just on the fly is totally something he would do :)) everything is just so perfect! I loved every word of it!

Hehehe yes, noooooow you can post it! So DO!! :lol: thank you so much for your support during his cameo :hug: 

On 2. apr. 2016 at 7:27 PM, monochrome said:

NOOOOOO!!! ;__; I was so shocked and sad when I read that... NOOO JUTO YOU CAN'T DO THIS!! 
Poor Elias, it must have come as such a shock to him D:
It definitely explains his immune system, but it still makes me so sad :cry:

I'm so glad you didn't make Dr. Verago a lousy doctor xD He seems like quite the opposite :) 

Teared up at this ;_;
Have mercy, Juto :laugh: My heart can't take any more of this perfection <3

Hahahah I'm sorry about your heart Monochrome (though, not really :P ) :lol: I'm glad you liked it! 

OH MY GOSH, YES, RUN OFF TO READ @SpamKey's "A Work in Progress"!!!!!!!

On 2. apr. 2016 at 7:41 PM, Kaze wo Hiku said:

Oh you need to read @SpamKey's A Work In Progress :heart:

OK OK JUTO I THOUGHT I WAS READY AND I WASNT. Gah Elias, my angel it'll be okay....RIGHT JUTO??  At least this time Zach HAD someone there with him unlike I'm sure all the other times he had to go by himself and though I get what a strain that must of put on his parents I can NOT forgive their current actions...you never give up on your kid ever....EVER. :nonono:<_< But he has his angel :heart:

Now if you don't mind me I need to go find Fessor for a hug...

:hug::hug: 

On 2. apr. 2016 at 9:05 PM, Artygirl22 said:

O.O c...cancer!!!???? O.O omg....that it explains so much. Poor guy. 

Heh, yeah, it does explain his rotten immune system. :hug: Sorry Zachariah :( 

On 2. apr. 2016 at 1:08 AM, sneezymui said:

Aww hi and thanks ^_^ They are quite addicting, so yeah!

Poor Zack! At least his poor immune system makes sense now... but he'll be okay since he has his angel and now a nice, caring doctor to turn to, right? :cry:

Oh he'll be alright :P I could never not write a happy ending. But I do plan to put them through a bit of hell first :lol::P 

On 3. apr. 2016 at 4:22 AM, Seeking Clarity + Wisdom said:

Oh thank goodness that is out in the open now! I've been full to bursting for months with this little tidbit. Whew!

Nicely done @Juto. All entirely believable, right down to Dr. Verago giving out his personal cell number. There are doctors who do that, and more, for their patients. 

I loved Elias's rainbow of emotions from grief to anger to protectiveness and love. You have also demonstrated that Zach is not as frail as some might believe. 

@Kaze wo Hiku, I agree, parents should never give up on their children. If they can't do what is needed, then they need to find someone who can. I am firm believer that it does take a village to raise a child. (Sometimes it takes a city, about the size of New York.) It looks like Zach just added Dr. Verago to his village. 

I guess I need to go read @SpamKey's Work In Progress. :) 

Aww thanks scw :hug: I'm so halt you liked it. Thanks again for beta-ing it way back when and for providing me with great ideas for more fluffy cuteness :)  and yes, definitely head over to original fiction and read "A Work in Progress" its great!!! 

On 3. apr. 2016 at 5:07 AM, Coffee Chicken Barista said:

Poor Zach!!!! OH NOES!!! This is so sad!!!!! But so good!!!!!!

Awwwww :):hug: it's spicy :P *i don't like it*

On 3. apr. 2016 at 6:13 AM, SpamKey said:

@Kaze wo Hiku thanks for the free publicity :D

Darling, you deserve it!!! :hug: 

Juuuuust some fluffy nonsense to wrap this little sequence up ;)  Happy Tuesday :D 

Part 72 - The actual shot

Elias reluctantly let go of his ward as he heard footsteps moving closer and closer to the door. A very flushed and slightly hiccoughing Zachariah sat back down, gazing adoringly towards his guardian with very wet eyes. Elias gazed back, slightly worried that Zach's flushed face and moist eyes would bring about some unwanted questions from the doctor. He had to stage something, but he only really had time for one thing.

“I'm sorry Zachariah.” He whispered before blowing chilled air against his ward’s sensitive nose, bringing his finger up to wiggle the tip in a way he knew would tickle an already sneezy Zach’s nose, hopefully coaxing out a sneeze or two to explain his flushed appearance. And sure enough, Zach's breath started hitching just as the door swung open. Elias managed to bring a tissue to Zach's waiting hand just in time to catch the first ticklish release. 

“Hi’itsch! Ti’ischu! Snf! Ah… Ah’tsschu! Snf!” Zach wiped his nose as he cast an amused glance to the side and raised one eyebrow questioningly. 

The doctor looked up, taking in Zach's reddened cheeks. “You feeling okay, Zach? You do look a little flushed.” Darian frowned. “Uhm, maybe I should just take your temperature, to make sure your system can handle the vaccine.” He got up and went to his cabinet to get the thermometer. 

Zach rolled his eyes annoyingly before turning a pair of angry clouds in Elias’s direction. Elias took advantage of the doctors search for his thermometer to lean in and place a swift kiss on Zachariah's temple, breathing a soft “bless you, cutie.” In his ear. Surprise briefly flashed across Zach's face at the unexpected encounter before his lips turned up in a smile and the angry clouds melted into mesmerising dark puddles.

“Ahh, here it is.” The Dr. Verago returned with the thermometer and handed it to Zach who placed it in his mouth. . 

Pleased with the confirmation of a non existing fever, the doctor finished readying the syringe and turned around to rub an antiseptic on Zach's bare shoulder. 

“If you're uncomfortable with needles, there's a really pretty poster for you to look at over there” he smiled broadly at Zach and pointed towards the wall to the left. 

Zach smiled back. “I don't mind needles, Dr. Verago, it's fine.”

“Really? Well you're in a minority then.” Darian gave a small laugh. “As an ER doctor I've seen a bit of everything, but most people seem to dislike it in general. Heh, my partner, Nick, nearly fainted during his flue shot.”

Elias smiled warmly at his brave ward and gave Zach's hand a reaffirming squeeze before his eyes caught sight of the long, thin, and incredibly pointy, steel object in the doctors hand. Elias’s breath caught in his chest and his eyes widened at the sight of the huge and deadly sharp piece of metal that was about to pierce his Zachariah’s skin. An involuntary tremor ran thorough the angel’s body, and he clung to Zach's hand, cringing away and squinting his eyes to tiny slivers as the needle approached Zach’s shoulder.

~ ~ ~ 

“Are you sure you're alright Zach? You're, eh, shaking a bit.” The doctor’s face frowned in concern. “Are you cold?”

Zach tried to steady his arm which was caught in a very tight, strangely panicky, trembling and very invisible grasp. “Huh, sorry, I… Uhm… I guess I am a little afraid of needles after all.” He said trying to sound confused. He shot a glance at the seemingly empty chair beside him, failing to hide his amusement at his angel’s reaction. How could Elias be afraid of a needle that wasn't even going to poke HIM? 
The fingers around his arms turned cold and sweaty and was squeezing it so tightly Zach started to feel the loss of blood flow in his fingers. He grew nervous. Elias had never acted like this before. Zach could only imagine his guardian's panicked expression and tight white knuckles around his arm. He offered him a small smile before he mouthed soundless words of comfort to the empty air. 

“S’okay. It won't hurt. I’ll be fine. Promise”

The doctor smiled knowingly. “Just look at the pretty poster, Zach. The needle is so thin, you'll barely feel it.” Zach felt a small pinch as the needle penetrated his skin. He didn't even wince.

~ ~ ~ 

Elias panicked at the sight of the deadly metal object sticking out of his Zachariah’s arm. Black spots started dancing before his eyes and no matter how much he tried to keep his head still the room wouldn't stop spinning. He bend down and held his head between his knees, it was all he could do not to faint. He kept his hands in their grip around Zach's arm in a pathetic attempt to save his ward’s limb from the deadly object. Cold sweat broke out on his back and the shivers kept wrecking him but he kept his head down and his breathing steady waiting for the doctor to finish. 

~ ~ ~ 

“There we go. All done.”

Zach breathed a sigh of relief as the needle was pulled out and the tight, trembling grip around his arm slowly lifted off one finger at a time. 

As the warm and tingly feeling of the vaccine spread through Zach's shoulder, the grasp on his arm loosened further. Zach's hand started to throb sleepily, welcoming back the blood flow and a cold and sweaty hand tangled its fingers in his own. He cast a worried glance at the chair beside him while the doctor was busy tucking away his equipment. 
He squeezed his hand around the cold fingers in his palm and was relieved when he received a soft, albeit slightly weak, squeeze back

~ ~ ~ 

“So you're not mad?” Zach asked timidly, absentmindedly fidgeting with the lid of his double mocha latte with extra foam. 

Elias let out a warm exhale against his ward’s neck, making the younger man sigh contentedly before leaning further back against his angel’s invisible body on the secluded bench in the park. 

“No, my sweet Zachariah, I'm not mad. I thought I was, for a second, but I could never be mad at you. But my Gods, Zachariah, what I wouldn't have done to have been there with you when….” He couldn't make himself finish the sentence but he tightened his arm around Zach's shoulders, smiling as his ward leaned his head against his. “But you're okay now?”

Zach nodded slowly against him. “I'm okay now.”

“I'm glad.” Elias kissed his hair before pulling back slightly. “I wish you'd told me though, it explains why it doesn't take much to get you sick, but honestly, I get why you didn't”

Zach looked down at his cup.“Yeah, you do have a tendency to go slightly over the top when you're worried, and I had a feeling this might set you off.”

“Ugh, I do, don't I? I can't help it.” Elias let a few fingers slip beneath Zach's scarf down to his neck where he ignited their warmth to make sure Zach would stay nice and toasty in the chilled autumn air. 

“I know,” Zach said with a slight shrug gesturing to the hand on his back.“It's your job, I get it.”

Elias pondered that for a moment, unsure of how to respond without revealing too much. 

“Zachariah, I hope you know that this isn't just a “job” for me anymore. Despite all the nursing and the caregiving and the… Guarding, I honestly consider you my….”

Crush? Boyfriend? Star crossed lover? Oblivious soulmate? His mind went crazy with proclaimed titles before the angel settled on a more neutral one. 

“… Friend. The kind of friend I would do anything for, who despite his very low sense of self preservation…”

“Hey!” Zach exclaimed in objection as Elias’s fingers bore teasingly into his side, making him squirm away with a small giggle, trying not to spill his coffee everywhere. 

“… I would neglect the entire world for.”

To his great joy, Zach shifted and turned his cloudy gaze to lock on Elias’s sapphire gemstones. How could Zach possibly know exactly where to look? Zach's eyes shone with a rare light as his lips curled up into a true Zachariahn smile. The kind of smile that made a lovesick angel fill to the brim with warm affection and Elias felt his own lips turn up in an answering (albeit somewhat goofy and sheepish) smile.

“Well Master Universe, I'm glad to report that the feeling is mutual.”

They sat in silence for a a little while, the only sounds interrupting the serene autumn afternoon were Zach's muffled sniffles and the sound of a hot beverage being carefully sipped between soft lips and clenched teeth. Elias decided to break the silence, taking on a slightly scolding tone.

“So… strawberries? Asthma?”

Zach’s mouth tightened into a thin line and he looked down at his cup again, clearly embarrassed. Elias recoiled. “I'm not angry Zachariah, please believe that. But from now on I intend to carry an inhaler and an EpiPen with me at all times just in case, and you must PROMISE me to always let me know when you need either.”

Zach nodded sniffling softly and Elias decided that one small bout of scolding was enough. Suddenly Zach raised his head, a barely contained smile brightening his face.

“Needles, guardian? Seriously?

Elias huffed an “I am not amused” sound behind his lips. “At least they're genuinely sharp and potentially dangerous objects Mr. I'm-afraid-of-balloons.”

“Oi!” Zach scolded, raising his finger at Elias. “Brightly coloured, air inflated rubber that blows up at the smallest of touches, wrecking the nerves of everyone within earshot is no joking matter.”

Elias barked a laugh, nuzzling Zach’s hair affectionately. “Of course not, I do apologise.”

Zach shrugged smirking “At least Dr. Verago didn't touch upon my severe feather allergy.”

Elias immediately stopped laughing. “WHAT?” 

Zachariah broke into a fit of laughter at Elias’s shocked outburst. 

“I'm kidding. I'm kidding… Jeez! Calm down mother hen.”

“Arh!, Zachariah Benedict, you will be the second death of me.” Elias placed another tender kiss against Zach's hair before he pulled his ward closer to his chest, wrapping warm arms around him as he considered how insufficiently the word “friend” described his feelings for Zachariah.

TBC…

Edited by Juto

LOL! Elias's reaction to the actual shot was too funny. I'm glad he didn't faint. I'm not sure how Zach would have managed it. :D

My favorite part was the scene at the park. That was perfectly adorable, filled with a lot of love, a little humor and a tickle in the ribs. Kudos to you! :notworthy:

"You will be the second death of me," oh gosh Ioved that line and now plan to use it when people are getting on my nerves. Gotta make them wonder. That was awesome! I would never have expected Elias to be afraid of needles, balloons I get but needles? It was beautifully written.

I don't like balloons either Zach ;)

Awwww Elias :heart: *happy sigh*

Hnnngh so adorable!!!!! I loved it so much, and I just wanted to say once again how much I loved Darian's cameo! You did such a great job with him, I'm so happy!

On 5. apr. 2016 at 0:40 PM, Seeking Clarity + Wisdom said:

LOL! Elias's reaction to the actual shot was too funny. I'm glad he didn't faint. I'm not sure how Zach would have managed it. :D

My favorite part was the scene at the park. That was perfectly adorable, filled with a lot of love, a little humor and a tickle in the ribs. Kudos to you! :notworthy:

Aww thanks scw :hug: I'm glad you liked it. 

On 5. apr. 2016 at 1:24 PM, Artemis said:

"You will be the second death of me," oh gosh Ioved that line and now plan to use it when people are getting on my nerves. Gotta make them wonder. That was awesome! I would never have expected Elias to be afraid of needles, balloons I get but needles? It was beautifully written.

Haha I thought that line was kinda funny. I do try it weave in a bit of humour when I can... Not that I have any. :P blah! I have no problem with needles myself, balloons though, dang those things are scary. :lol: 

On 5. apr. 2016 at 2:14 PM, Artygirl22 said:

:wub: 

Hehe aww :hug: 

On 5. apr. 2016 at 4:50 PM, Kaze wo Hiku said:

I don't like balloons either Zach ;)

Awwww Elias :heart: *happy sigh*

Glad you still like my angel, dear :hug: 

On 5. apr. 2016 at 5:45 PM, SpamKey said:

Hnnngh so adorable!!!!! I loved it so much, and I just wanted to say once again how much I loved Darian's cameo! You did such a great job with him, I'm so happy!

Gosh thank you! :heart: I was thrilled you let me borrow him. He's such an amazing character and I can't wait to have him cameo again, with your permission :) Thank you for the comments pre-upload. :hug: you're awesome. 

On 5. apr. 2016 at 1:29 AM, Coffee Chicken Barista said:

D'AWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hehe... Spicy! :P:hug: 

I have the next drabble ready for upload :D stay tuned...

Part 73 - When I'm gone

“But… Where are you going?” Zach looked at the empty air in front of him, a slight pout on his face as his invisible angel had just informed him that he wasn't coming with him to school today. 

“I told you, my boss wants to see me about something. Not important. I'll come to school as soon as I'm done.” 

Zach crossed his arms on his chest. He heard a slight giggle and realised he was still pouting. 

“So for once you have to take your own notes in biology.” Elias sounded amused though Zach didn't find it the least bit funny. 

He let his shoulders fall, pouting miserable only to hear another round of giggles. “But I hate biology.” He smiled shyly. “And you always draw such pretty things in my notes.” He batted his eyelids girlishly. 

“Flattery will get you nowhere, darling.” He received a tender kiss to his forehead for his efforts. “I have to see my boss. I'll text you when I'm there.” 

“Fine.” Zach caved reaching his arms out for the customary goodbye hug. He wasn't disappointed. 

~ ~ ~ 
Elias glanced at the gold-rimmed piece of parchment in his pocket. A street address shone bright gold against the beige parchment. Elias nodded, it wasn't far, maybe to walk, but thankfully he had more… uplifting… means of transportation. He wrote a quick reply with his index finger.

“I'm on my way.”

~ ~ ~ 
Zach had slouched all the way through first period history, doodling absentmindedly in his notes. School just wasn't as fun without Elias to fuss over him, make sure he wasn't too hot or too cold, make sure he stayed hydrated, make him straighten his back when he was slouching and make history interesting by drawing historically accurate figures to go with Zach's history notes. But most of all, Zach just missed the warm fingers that used to nuzzle his hair, caress his neck, draw patterns on his back and the sparkling blue eyes he often felt on him even though he couldn't possibly be sure. 

School without Elias was dull! 

Next to him, Zach saw Simon side-eye him, scribbling something on the margin of his own notes before discreetly pushing the paper towards Zach.

“What's with you today?”

Zach penned a quick reply after having checked his teacher wasn't paying attention to them. 

“Just bored.” Simons reply was quick. 

“Wanna ditch biology and listen to music in my car?”

Tempting. If there was ever a day to do it, it would have to be with Elias gone or the lecturing scolding about being careless about his education would never end. But it was still Simon, his friend who obviously had a crush on him and Zach wasn't sure he was comfortable with being alone with Simon in his car for a whole period. Besides, he had missed too much biology lately due to his ever recurring colds, and Zach would rather die than have to retake the class. 

“Can't :(“ 

Simon gave him an exaggerated pout upon reading his answer and Zach shrugged apologetically. As much as he disliked the idea of being alone with Simon, he disliked biology more.

~ ~ ~
Raphael was waiting for him on the pavement in front of a large apartment complex across town from where Zach lived. The archangel dangled a few keys on a chain. “As per your request, guardian.” He handed the keys to Elias who nodded.

“Thank you, Raphael, really. This means a lot to me.”

The archangel gave him a stern look. “You have your orders, guardian. As soon as Zachariah comes of age you will persuade him to leave the Benedict residence. No good will come of staying there.” Elias nodded, clutching the keys. “Until then, this is plan B, in case..” He gave Elias a knowing look.

Elias took a deep breath, nodding solemnly. Raphael stepped aside, gesturing to the door. “Ready for inspection?”

~ ~ ~ 

Zach sourly regretted not accepting Simon’s offer now. His friend was now sitting in his car listening to music and Zach found himself in the back of the biology room fighting to keep his breath from hitching. 
He hadn't been paying attention to what the teacher was saying and therefor hadn't noticed today's assignment before an unmistakable irritant had crept into his nose, making it itch and tickle like crazy.

“Hn’xt! Ng’kxt! Hh… Mp’sshhu! What the..?”

Confused, he had looked up, rubbing his itchy eyes to realise that his teacher had wheeled in a cart of blooming sunflowers and was placing a flower on each table along with a list of questions. Of course this had to happen on the one day Elias wasn't here. Zach quickly rummaged through his bag, pinching his nose against the persistent irritant. No Benadryl, of course. 

“Hn’xt-chh! T’schoo! Hh….hhh…. Nn’nxxxtch! Sniffling as discreetly as he could he brought his sleeve up to wipe at his itchy eyes leaving them dry and more irritated than before. 
He eyed the sunflower on his table with disgust as he tried holding his breath. 

“He’gxxkt! T’isscch-uuh!” Clearly the flower was already wreaking havoc on his nose and eyes. 

“Dammit!”

Pretending to search his pocket for a tissue he took out his phone typing Elias a quick message while he could still see out of his watery and itchy eyes. 

“Sunflowers” 

Even typing the word made the itch in his nose flare teasingly, forcing him to pull up the front of his sweatshirt pinching his nose through the fabric. 

“Mmpt’tsschu! Hnn’xxt-ssh! Uhh, the tickle was unquenchable! Zach shook his head against it as he desperately tried to follow the lecture and ignore the burning tickle in his nose that made his eyes water.

If he hadn't already before, Zachariah really hated biology now. 

~ ~ ~
Elias’s feet had only just touched school ground when his phone vibrated. His face paled as he read the message.

He cursed under his breath. Of course this had to happen on the one day he wasn't there. Sprinting, he set off towards the biology room, agilely manoeuvring between students in the halls. Coming to a halt outside the biology room he peeked inside, quickly locating his sneezing mess of a ward in the back row doing his best to write his notes with half his face buried in his shirt. 

Elias quickly checked his bag, yes, he had a bottle of Benadryl, he was prepared. Mentally cursing himself for not having stocked Zach's school bag with medical necessities, he searched for a way into the classroom. The door was closed and some idiot student had placed his bag in front of it, so there was no way Elias could slip in unnoticed.

The window? But how would he get Zach's attention? Grabbing his phone he texted him hoping his ward would see it sooner rather than later. 

“In the hall. Excuse yourself!”

He stayed by the door, keeping an eye on his sniffly ward who constantly brought a hand up to either rub his eyes or pinch his nose. Several minutes passed and Zach didn't check his phone. Elias started to worry. His ward's eyes looked extremely irritated and despite his best effort, Zach was constantly rubbing them. Perplexed, Elias wondered why Zach hadn't already excused himself and left the room, but then he remembered the notification email from the school office. Zach couldn't afford to miss more biology or he would have to retake the class. 

The guardian feverishly looked around for a way to get his ward out and away from the flowers. His eyes fell upon the little red box on the wall. Making the decision only took a second. What other option was there? With a small touch of his finger he broke the safety glass and pulled the small leaver. He hunched his shoulders against the blazing alarm that now rang through every corridor in the school.

~ ~ ~ 

”Hn’kxxt!-uuh! Hh... Hh’gktch! Hhah... Ah’mpfftsch-uuh! Oh god!” Zach tried to clean himself up using the few now soggy tissues he had found in his school bag. Students were scrambling to their feet all around him, reacting slightly panicky to the fire alarm 
Unsteadily, Zach got to his feet and reached for his bag. He kept one hand pinching his nose while he used the other to wipe enough moisture from his eyes to allow him to see where he was going. 

A sudden grasp around his midsection startled him and his hand flew away from his nose to steady himself against the wall.

“It's alright, Zachariah, I've got you. Let's get you out of here.”

“H’atschjuh! H’aatschuu!” Zach sneezed helplessly into the tissues he felt pressed against his nose and mouth as he let Elias lead him out of the biology room and into an empty classroom. Elias steadily lowered him down to sit on one of the tables, quickly swapping his soggy tissues for new ones while Zach's erratic breathing continued, his nose still burning with the flower pollen it was fighting to expel. 

“Asschuu! Hh… H’atschjuh! T’schoo!” Zach blew his nose forcefully into the new handful of tissues that Elias handed him before tossing the tissues and turn his hands to rub his itchy eyes as he felt his nose greeting the fresh air by igniting a new tickle. “Argh, seriously…?”

“Don't rub, please Zachariah, you'll only make it worse.” His hands were gently swatted away from his eyes so Zach refocused on rubbing viciously at his nose. “Here you go, fresh tissues. I'm so sorry Zachariah, I should have checked your curriculum. If I had, maybe I would have seen this coming. In any case I should have stocked your bag with medical necessities and tissues. I'm so sorry. I have Benadryl, here, hold on.”

Lost in desperate buildups, Zach kept bringing the tissue to his nose only to lower it again a second later. “Ahh... this… hhh… is killing m-me.”

If his itchy eyes would have allowed it he would have seen a floating bottle of liquid Benadryl in front of him. He heard Elias’s voice mutter softly. “Okay so, 50mg, where was that dosage spoon? Oh here!”

“T’schjuh! Hhh… Ah’tschoo! O-oh G-God make… Hh… Make it… Sto-hhh-sto… H’atscheww! T’schjuh!-uhh!” It didn't matter how many times he sneezed or how forcefully, the burning tickle seemed to be on an endless mission to torment him. He sniffled against it, feeling it flare almost immediately. “E-hhh-Elias? Hh… H’atsch! Atchuh! Hh… H’tschjuh! T’scheww!-uhh!”

“Hold on, Zachariah, I just need to measure the dose. Where are the numbers on this thing?”

“Hh… H’atschuh!... Eh-hhh-enough!” Zach reached out, snatching the bottle and took a swig of the cinnamon flavoured substance, almost gagging as the thick liquid ran down his throat. He pinched his nose shut through the tissue, holding his breath. 

Zachariah! Oh my, you did not just do that!” The bottle was snatched from his grip and an appalled sounding scoff was heard from in front of him. “That was way more than 50mg. What were you thinking?”

“H’atschu! Hh… T’schhu! Hh… Ah’tschjuh!”

Feeling his nose finally giving him a break Zach blew forcefully, listening to what he assumed was Elias reading the possible side effects out loud. “Extreme sleepiness, weakness, confusion. Zachariah do your ears ring?”

“Other than the…hhh… H’atschjuh! The fire alarm do you mean? Was that your… H’atschjuh-uhh, your doing?

“Of course!” Came the blunt answer. “Is your vision blurred?” Zach merely gave the air a defeated and questionable look as he blew his nose again, knowing his itchy and runny eyes spoke for themselves. “Oh, right! Forgive me. Mm, your pupils don't look dilated. Are you hallucinating?” 

Zach couldn't hold back a laugh at the absurdity of the question but his breath caught mid-laugh and he snatched the outstretched tissue hovering in mid-air in front of him. 

“Hh… Hh’atchu! T’sscheww! Hh… Ah’tschuu! Ugh! Enough please. Elias?”

“Mmm?”

“Does talking to an invisible angel count as a hallucination?” 

“Funny!” Although, Elias’s voice told Zachariah his joke had been anything but. “Attitude isn't a symptom stated here. I'm not kidding Zachariah, one symptom of an overdose and I'm calling Dr. Verago.”

“Fi-hhh-fine… Hh’tsscheww!”

~ ~ ~ 

Beholding his puffy-eyed and red-nosed ward, Elias cursed himself. He couldn't shake that feeling of failure he felt growing inside him. He had messed up and Zachariah had taken the fall for it. 
If only he'd been here… He could have done something to prevent this.  At least now “plan B” was secured, just in case. 

He frowned in despair, obligingly stuffing more tissues into Zach's outstretched hand as his ward was once again overcome by that adorably confused expression that preceded his sneezes. 

“Hh’tscheww! Ahh… Ah’tschjuh! Hh… Hh… O-oh… T’schjuu!-uhh!"

Ridden with guilt, Elias held him tight through the fit, stroking his back. “Bless you, darling.” He brushed Zach's curls away, planting a kiss at his temple. “I'm so sorry. I should have been here.”

“It's not your fault, angel.” How Zach managed to smile at him through his misery was beyond Elias. “I wasn't paying attention.” Elias noticed the sudden blush that painted Zach's face, immediately re-scanning the list of side effects. ‘Flushing’ was a symptom, but judging by Zach's shy expression, his blush wasn't a side effect of the Benadryl. “I… I was thinking about how much I missed you.” He sniffled, bringing up a hand to rub his nose as he leaned further into Elias’s embrace. The guardian closed his eyes, letting Zach's words echo through his inner ear. 

His ward shouldn't feel this way. It wasn't right. And yet, the confession made a warmth spread through Elias’s chest. He squeezed his ward tighter, letting him have another peaceful couple of minutes to recover before Elias re-scolded him and started re-checking him for symptoms of overdose.

TBC… 

Edited by Juto
Because Juto accidentally wrote the child's dose, which wouldn't really create the high-on-Benadryl-Zach she had planned... Oops :P

!!!!!!!!!!

oh my gosh this story will be the end of me I swear they're so cute I cannot sakdjfhbvdfx

Oh my gosh, you had me in stitches. . 'You did not just do that! That was way more then 25 Mg.' That was amazing. Getting drunk on allergy medicine. the struggle of any small person....the adult or child's dose? oh this was beautiful. 

Oh my gawd!!! Juto What are you doing to me? Lol and plan B huh? Curious....very curious indeed.

LOL! That was funny! Though, Zach will be fine. An adult can take up to 50 mg of Benedryl at a time. Not that an angel would necessarily know that. 

6 hours ago, Juto said:

“Is your vision blurred?” Zach merely gave the air a defeated and questionable look as he blew his nose again, knowing his itchy and runny eyes spoke for themselves. “Oh, right! Forgive me. Mm, your pupils don't look dilated. Are you hallucinating?” 

Zach couldn't hold back a laugh at the absurdity of the question but his breath caught mid-laugh and he snatched the outstretched tissue hovering in mid-air in front of him. 

“Hh… Hh’atchu! T’sscheww! Hh… Ah’tschuu! Ugh! Enough please. Elias?”

“Mmm?”

“Does talking to an invisible angel count as a hallucination?” 

This was my favorite bit. :lol:

ZACH!!!!! SWEET ADORABLE ZACH!!!!!!!!!!! I love this so insanely much!

On 11. apr. 2016 at 3:57 PM, AdrianMarx said:

!!!!!!!!!!

oh my gosh this story will be the end of me I swear they're so cute I cannot sakdjfhbvdfx

*tries to contain excitement over the fact that AdrianMarx commented on her story* ... *fails*

OHMYGOSH*BLINKS! RE-READS! YUP. STILL THERE! SITS DOWN IN SELF-MADE POOL OF HAPPY FEELS*

Awwww thanks. :hug: I'm glad I can make you go "cannot sakdjfhbvdfx"! To my knowledge it is the best kind of "cannot sakdjfhbvdfx"! :P 

On 11. apr. 2016 at 4:33 PM, Artemis said:

Oh my gosh, you had me in stitches. . 'You did not just do that! That was way more then 25 Mg.' That was amazing. Getting drunk on allergy medicine. the struggle of any small person....the adult or child's dose? oh this was beautiful. 

Aww thank you thank you. :heart: 

yeah, about the dose, please see edit or my comment to Seeking Clarity + Wisdom...

On 11. apr. 2016 at 6:27 PM, Artygirl22 said:

Oh my gawd!!! Juto What are you doing to me? Lol and plan B huh? Curious....very curious indeed.

Uhm... Playing with your feels...? :P Haha in deed! The seed that I planted on Zach's birthday is finally beginning to bloom #queenofplots... 

On 11. apr. 2016 at 10:01 PM, Seeking Clarity + Wisdom said:

LOL! That was funny! Though, Zach will be fine. An adult can take up to 50 mg of Benedryl at a time. Not that an angel would necessarily know that. 

This was my favorite bit. :lol:

Yeah... Uhm.... So what happened was that I accidentally wrote the child's dose of 25mg (all because I wanted Zach to have the cinnamon flavour because CINNAMON IS MY DRUG and apparently, it's mainly for children...? (Don't have allergies, never taken the stuff, clearly, I know nothing!) 

So, I kinda went back to edit as I realised that 25mg (and what little more Zach managed to drink) wouldn't really create the semi-high-and-giggly Zachariah I had planned for the next instalment. Oops. 

Thank you Dr. Scw. :D I promise I'll check with you before forcing my OC's to overdose next time :lol: 

I'm glad you still liked it. :hug:

On 11. apr. 2016 at 10:25 PM, SpamKey said:

Poor Zach, Elias is gone for all of a few hours and everything goes to hell :lol: Typical. (And super adorable!!!! :heart:)

Hehe thanks. Glad you think so :D even though I continue to spoil you... curses! 

On 12. apr. 2016 at 2:57 AM, Coffee Chicken Barista said:

ZACH!!!!! SWEET ADORABLE ZACH!!!!!!!!!!! I love this so insanely much!

THANK YOU, MAJESTY :heart: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The next part :D 

As always, thank you so so so so much to every single one of you who spends time reading about my boy and his guardian. And a special thank you to everyone who comments :D you're awesome. :heart: 

Enjoy :D 

Part 74 – Drugged Confessions

Elias’s finger hovered over Dr. Darian Verago’s contact information but the angel was still hesitant to press the final button, placing the call. He sighed, pouring another spoonful of blueberry pancake batter into the pan. A few hours had gone by since Zachariah had carelessly taken a large gulp of the liquid Benadryl after the little sunflower incident in biology class. To the angel’s despair, his ward was showing a few signs of a mild overdose but what could Elias possibly tell Dr. Verago?

Dr., I'm worried, my boyfriend is being adorably giggly.” Hardly worth bothering the good doctor with. 

Dr., I'm confused, my boyfriend is acting strangely clingy.” Somehow, Elias could picture the doctor’s confused expression and the accompanying “uhh, and that's bad…?”.

Dr. I'm at a loss. My boyfriend finds my mother-hen-like nursing hilarious.”

Elias sighed as he recalled how Zachariah had giggled all through the last “check-up”. Each question, touch and gesture had turned hilarious in the eyes of his drugged up and hazy ward. Elias, though frustrated by Zachariah's lack of seriousness when it came to his own health, couldn't help but find the entire ordeal oddly… Endearing. According to the Benadryl package ‘endearment’ wasn't a symptom, neither was ‘cuddlyness’. Speaking of which.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaaangeeeeel!” Despite his intention to act a professional caretaker and monitor his ward’s every mood, the guardian couldn't keep from melting at the sound of Zachariah singing his pet name. “Angel?” Nor at the worried tenderness with which he called him from his bedroom. 

“I'm still fixing your dinner, Zachariah. I’ll be up in a minute.” He called back. He heard a creak from the stairs and turned his head towards the kitchen door, arranging his face in a slight scold before he remembered that Zach couldn't see it anyway. “Didn't I tell you to stay in bed?”

An exhausted looking and very flushed version of his ward came dragging his feet into the kitchen. Elias couldn't decide whether to be worried or bemused at Zach’s crooked smile and slightly cross eyed gaze that told the guardian his ward was still suffering the after effects of the allergy medicine.

“Oh, did you?” Zach acted amusingly oblivious. He shrugged with a small giggle. “Must have slipped my mind, I do apologise.” He giggled at his own formality and shuffled closer, still rubbing at his sore eyes and pink nose. After concluding that his ward’s balance was still intact, Elias turned his attention back to the pancake, easing the spatula under it and flipped it in the air, igniting an exaggerated, but genuinely impressed “WOW” from Zach. Elias glanced worriedly at him. 

“Dr., What should I do? My boyfriend seems tired and is easily impressed.” Elias shook his head at himself. He was sure Dr. Verago would find out sooner rather than later just how much of a mother hen he was when it came to Zachariah, but there was no need to present himself as an over-worrier just yet. 

Zach came to stand beside him, lazily observing the floating spatula flip the pancake once more before adding it to the growing stack. 
Elias kept shooting concerned glances at him, noticing how his ward shifted his weight from foot to foot, inching closer to him with each shift followed by a muffled giggle until he was so close that Elias had to raise his arm, tucking it around Zach's shoulder to make room for him. Keeping an eye on the new portion of sizzling pancake batter in the pan he re-tested his ward for symptoms. 
Zach giggled his way through the answers to Elias’s apparently quite amusing questions about his health. When Zachariah broke into an unrestrained fit of giggles as Elias enquired after any ringing in his ears the angel took a deep breath, running his hand through his hair in exasperation.

“Zachariah, please take this seriously.” Elias tried to keep a straight face and a stern undertone in his voice but he couldn't wipe the smile from his face seeing Zach being so adorably bemused and carefree. It wasn't the first time the angel thanked his invisibility for shielding his affectionate reaction. 

Zach's giggles finally subsided and his smile was replaced by a puzzled frown. “Angel please… I'm…fi-hh… Ahh… Fine… H’atscheww!” Zach continued to muffle yet another small giggle into his sleeve but the small shiver that normally followed a sneeze wasn't lost to Elias. He felt his ward squirm closer to him, letting out a content sigh as Elias tightened a warm and fluffy wing around him, engulfing him in soft feathers.

“Are you feeling cold, Zachariah?”

“No.” Zach shook his head a little as he gave his nose another insisting rub. “I just love being close to you.”

Elias froze momentarily at Zach’s bluntness but warmed immediately once he felt Zach’s hand gently stroking his back, nuzzling under his shirt, seeking out skin. Zach sighed, inching closer with a small sniffle. 

Dr., I'm concerned, my boyfriend is being unusually direct and affectionate.” 

Zach wavered slightly and Elias tightened his arm around him, changing their position awkwardly  to support more of Zach’s weight. He was about to pour another portion of batter into the pan when Zach suddenly pressed his face into Elias shirt, squeezing him tightly as he drew a quivering breath. 

“Ah’tsscheww! T’schjuh! Hh… H’ahtschjuu!” Zach blushed a deep shade of red and giggled embarrassed as he tried to wipe away the dampness on Elias’s shirt using his sleeved arm. “I'm so sorry, my nose still tickles.” He rubbed at it to prove his point. 

Elias briefly worried that the allergy medicine was ineffective, seeing that his ward was still feeling sneezy after taking an even higher than recommended dose. But one look at Zachariah assured the angel that his ward WAS feeling better than he had after they'd first arrived home after the sunflower incident. 

“Bless you, you're fine, I have to wash all your pollen infused clothes anyway…” Elias glanced down and couldn't help but smile affectionately as he noticed Zachariah's head was tilted back, eyes closed and his face frozen in the most adorable pre-sneeze expression with his reddened and slightly quivering nose right at its centre. His hand was hovering on stand-by inches from his face. 

“Need some help?” Elias placed a fresh tissue in Zach’s hovering hand and tried not to laugh as Zach’s unchanged expression bobbed slightly with a small nod. “Aww, my poor ticklish mess.” 
Zach cracked a small smile as his breath hitched once without result. Elias bend down, carefully blowing a tiny stream of air directly at Zach’s quivering nose before placing a soft kiss on its very tip. “Bless-“

“Ah’Tschjuh!”

“…you.”

“Ahh… T’scheww!

“Here.” Elias swapped the used tissue for a fresh one as Zach's face was still scrunched up, nose still quivering ticklishly. “Two more?”

Zach managed a quick nod before pitching forward into the tissue. “Ah’sschew! Ah’tjhuh!... Ahh…”

“… And a straggler?”

Ahh… Ah’sschjuh!”

“Goodness, bless you.”

Zach smiled into the tissues as Elias kissed his head and tightened his grip around his weakened ward.

“Thank you, angel.” Zach smiled through a blush as he wiped at his nose and eyes. “You're such a gentleman, all proper-like and fussing… And cute.” 

Elias turned immobile, staring down at Zachariah, taken aback by what his ward has just said in his semi-lucid and slightly drugged state. The stare turned soft as Zachariah peeked up at him, face partly hidden between a thick mass of chestnut curls. As ever, Elias marvelled at how the mesmerising cloudy-grey eyes always managed to find his own invisible sapphire blue.

“Aww don't look at me like that, angel, you're getting me all tingly and blushy.” Zach’s flush deepened as he waved a dismissive hand at Elias. The angel frowned, shocked. 

“How did you…?”

“Hush angel.” Zach tried to shush him through a giggle. “Gentlemen don't talk of such things.”

“I, uhm…What?”

But Zach had turned his attention to Elias’s wing tucked secure around his body to keep him upright. Zach was running his hand smoothly over the invisible feathers. “You are so beautiful.” He hummed softly to himself. Elias couldn't tear his eyes away. “So very beautiful.” Zach stifled a yawn and turned his face back up to Elias as the ever-concerned angel reached out to feel his forehead. Tired and slightly unfocused eyes looked up at him as Elias moved his hand to cup Zach's cheek, feeling the warm blush still lingering there. “Fussing… And absolutely breathtaking”. 

Zach had only breathed the words which now echoed in Elias’s mind. 

“Zachariah?” He felt his own voice failing and cleared his throat to bring it back. “Are you sure you're feeling-“

But before Elias could have any of his questions answered Zach slumped against him, his body completely relaxed, eyes falling shut. Elias only just managed to drop the spatula he was still holding and support Zach's full body weight as the younger man had managed to actually fall asleep standing up. 

Whoa, extreme sleepiness, alright. 

Blueberry pancakes put on standby, Elias carried his ward up the stairs to his bed as he debated on calling Dr. Verago. 

Dr., my boyfriend called me ‘breathtaking’ before he fell asleep, standing up, what should I do?”

He carefully lowered Zachariah onto the bed and sat down beside him, running his hand gently through his hair.

“Mmmm Don't ever stop fussing over me.” Elias pulled his hand back, surprised to see Zach's eyes open, gazing fondly, albeit slightly dazed, in his direction, a small smile playing on his lips. “You're so adorable when you're fussing.” The blush was back and Elias felt a gentle tug on his arm as Zach pulled him down to lay beside him. 

The angel, still rendered speechless by Zach's drugged confessions lay motionless as his ward made himself comfortable, resting his head on Elias’s chest and curled his leg over one of his. 

Suddenly, a deep and rather congested sounding snoring broke the angel’s daze. His ward was fast asleep. Elias took a deep breath and tucked his phone away in his pocket, deciding to simply let Zachariah sleep off the effects of the Benadryl rather than call Dr. Verago with some rather embarrassing observations. He exhaled slowly as he tried not to focus on what Zachariah had said. It was the medicine talking, it had to be. Zachariah couldn't possibly…?

No no! What an absurd thought! Elias was still torn between feeling worried and finding his ward’s behaviour dangerously endearing. 

Curses

The guardian knew he had to be more careful from now on. One more overdose like this and he wasn't sure he'd be able to stick to the restraints of his contract. 

TBC…

Oh my gosh. I can't even pick a favourite part of this one because it's all so !!!!! Though Elias's internal monologue is wonderfully sweet and funny omg ahhhhhh

Dang.......like woah. He is so cute, both of  them. Sooo cute! 

Oh this was great! I giggled at Elias's inner dialogue with Dr. Verago. And helping Zach out with his ticklish sneezes...*melty* :) Can Zach actually see Elias when he's doped up on  Benedryl? It seems that way. ?

May I humbly submit a bit of cannon? In addition to having a weak immune system, Zachary also has a very sensitive system with respect to medication and requires very little to achieve the desired results. Therefore he generally takes half of an adult dose and frequently buys the children's strength. :D 

There are no words. Juto, THERE ARE NO WORDS!!!!!!! 

OMG Elias's internal monologue :rofl: I cannot get enough of it, it's too perfect! "Doctor, doctor, my boyfriend is being too adorable, something is wrong!!!!" I love it, it's so amazing! :lol: