Sneeze Fetish Forum

Guardian Angel (original fiction, M/M)

Juto

LOL! The bit with each of them sneezing on the opposite sides of the door was fabulous! And Zach accidentally spilling the beans on the kissing was too cute. I hope Simon turns out to be a real friend. Anywhoo...I'm looking forward to "The Professor's Study".

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Juto

• Arty

• Subtly Clashing Wishes

• Kaze Wo Hiku

Quoting doesn't really work on my iPad :( Juto is not pleased! But hurrah for the return of the line space. 

Thanks to all my readers and special thanks to my circle of sweet commenters. Comments are fuel! :D 

Part 67 – The Professor’s Study

During the taxi ride from Zach's house to “The Professor’s Study” Elias was bubbling with excitement and tingling with nerves. 

A few weeks ago he had realised that this particular day marked the first anniversary of his contractual angelical guardian-ship with Zachariah. Certainly a day worthy of celebration.
It had been a turbulent year, full of angst and worry, tears and despair, but it had also been full of Zachariahn smiles and gentle touches, hugs and cuddles. Not to mention a handful of delicious (albeit faked – at least on Zach's part, he convinced himself) kisses. Overall, the happiest year in Elias’s both actual and afterlife. 

Out the corner of his eyes he glanced over at Zachariah who kept his eyes on the window occasionally throwing a guess as to where Elias was taking him. His ward looked adorable with his chestnut curls framing his round face with its plump cheeks and dazzling, cloudy eyes. Upon closer inspection Elias noticed a very faint redness around Zachariah’s nose and cheekbones. Instant worry set in and Elias reached across the middle seat to take Zach's hand in his.

“You feeling okay, Zachariah?” He'd wanted to sound casual, but the barely detectable eye roll from his ward told him he hadn't quite succeeded. 

“I’m fine, angel.” As always, Elias’s dead heart warmed at Zach's personal term of endearment for him. Zach smiled looking up at him. “It's just been a crazy day.” Despite it’s low sound Elias still heard the small sigh that followed Zach's words. He extended his seatbelt, moving as close as he could get before wrapping his arm around him.

“Do you want to go back home and relax?” Elias hoped his disappointment wasn't too noticeable. 

“No no of course not!” Zach sent him a gleaming smile. “This was all just so unexpected, and yes frankly, I had looked forward to a quiet evening, but this is so exciting.” Beaming Zachariah was back and Elias’s dead heart swelled. “But what brought this on?”

“Well,” Elias shrugged, unable to keep from smiling, gosh beaming Zachariah was beautiful. He glanced out the window just as the taxi came to a stop. Thinking he should do his best to act the gentleman for the evening, Elias hurried out and around the car to open Zach's door. Zach smiled and shook his head as he let Elias help him out  and lead him across the tiny square in the centre of town towards a quaint little café named “The Professor’s Study.”

~ ~ ~ 

“Wow!” Zach's eyes hadn't stopped orbiting the smallish café from the inside. Books were stacked on shelves that covered all walls, from floor to ceiling. Most books were old, leather bound, other's were newer, pocket size paperbacks. 

On the short walk from the door to their table Zach had already spotted at least 10 of his favourite works on the shelves. Sitting down, He ran his hands mesmerised over the table top that was made up of plastic bound book covers, and he noticed to his great joy that Elias had booked the “Austen table”. Covers of Austen’s entrancing books and some of the most beloved paragraphs from her works made up the table top. 

Every time Zach’s eyes returned to his dinner partner from having made yet another full circle around the room discovering new little details such as a typewriter in the corner and a pair of old fashioned binoculars pinned to the wall, Elias merely gazed at him, smiling fondly. 

A waiter arrived to take their order and upon realising that Zach was slightly out of coherent reach, still admiring the splendour of the café, Elias had ordered them both the “Da Vinci Cod”, the “Ben Gunn Cheese Platter” and a couple of “Vanity Eclairs” along with a glass bottle of “Water for Elephants.”

Having made his fifth ogling circle about the café Zach's eyes rested once again on Elias. “What in the world…?” He shook his head, trying hard to absorb everything he saw. Elias merely smiled at him, eyes sparkling bright with something Zach couldn't quite determine. It wasn't until the waiter arrived with his plate, setting the steamed codfish down in front of him that Zach's eyes caught a book title to his right. 

“Pride and Prejudice – Jane Austen.
200th anniversary edition.”

Eyes wide, he looked up at Elias, his mouth falling open. His guardian couldn't keep the grin off his face. Zach quickly did the math in his head. He couldn't remember the specific date Elias had revealed himself to him for the first time but it had been roughly 5-6 months, and Elias had told him that he had been Zach's invisible guardian angel for approximately 6 months before Zach had found out about him. He grinned in surprise before leaning forwards towards Elias who rested his chin in his hands, elbows in the table, a captivating grin in his eyes. 

“It's our anniversary isn't it? Or your anniversary as a guardian?” Elias merely nodded, raising one eyebrow. “Wow!” Zach sat back, still dazzled. “That's strangely… Intimate! Romantic even.” He could feel his face flush. “Uhm, wonderful? Gosh, I can't even..” He shook his head. One year. Unfathomable.

He quickly brought his hand up to rub at his nose as the head shake seemed to have ignited the tickle that had been bothering him all day and unfortunately, he had felt the settling of dust ever since entering the small café. 

Dust, specifically dust allergy, was a touchy subject to Zachariah, one that Elias had discovered on multiple occasions. Zachariah was not allergic to dust, he merely… reacted to it… a little bit. Most people do. It's dust! You don't conclude allergy to pepper simple because you sneeze after inhaling it, ergo, Zachariah was not allergic to dust. He had enough issues that made him appear weak (even a few that he hadn't told his guardian yet) and a small, rather insignificant reaction to dust was not allowed to add to that. 

Nonetheless his already sensitive nose had picked up the feel of dust since entering, it really shouldn't have surprised him though, his own book shelves got dusty, the problem was that now Elias was probably going to think him sick, or worse, allergic. He was just gonna have to play it cool. Elias had taken him out for their first anniversary and it was only the second time in his life Zach had been to a café, so he was not going to ruin it.

“How did you find this place? Zach took a sip of his water, hoping the coolness would prevent his nose form stuffing up and his face from flushing. 

Elias shrugged, taking a sip of his own glass. “I’ve thought about this date for a while but didn't think any public celebration was possible since, well.” He gestured to himself and Zach understood. This dinner would have been impossible if Elias had still been invisible. “But by some stroke of luck,” Zach couldn't help but giggle as Elias theatrically coughed out the name “Simon”. “Here we are.” Zach's heart fluttered as Elias flashed him that all too affectionate smile. He felt his face warm. “I couldn't believe my luck when I found this little café via “G”. It’s so you, of course we had to come here.”

“It's perfect.” Zach tried to return the smile. “Thank you.”He tried to sniffle quietly as he took another sip of his water. Feeling slightly overwhelmed and more affected by the dust than he'd ever admit, he knew he had to excuse himself soon.
Looking over his shoulder Zach spotted the door to the bathroom. He turned and made an apologetic face. “Mind if I just…?” He gestured to the bathrooms feeling the congestion building up in his voice, so the lesser he said the better. 

“Of course.” Elias frowned. “Everything okay?”

Zach nodded swiftly, holding his breath to control the urge to sneeze as he made his way towards the bathroom. Once inside he hurried into one of the smaller stalls, fished a tissue from his pocket and brought it to his nose.

“Ahshjuh! Ah’tschjuh! T’hschoo! Hh… Ah’tsch!-uhh!”

He blew his nose wetly before pulling another tissue to repeat the act. He was stuffing up quickly. He glanced at his watch. It had been 5 hours since his last dose of paracetamols, no wonder he was feeling hot and stuffy. He had been so surprised at this whole ordeal that he had forgotten to bring a dose of pills.

Dammit!

He sniffled deeply, immediately regretting it as the shift in congestion caused his tickle to flare again. 

“T’schjuh! Ah’tsch!-uhh! T’ischoo!” 

Yep, he was definitely reacting to the dust. The tickles flared quicker and more insistent, giving him less time to be pro-active. He rubbed at his nose, trying to ignore the itch he felt in his eyes too. He couldn't rub them, nor his nose for that matter. Elias knew him too well. Zach was aware of a few of his own tells when it came to him feeling under the weather, Elias probably knew hundreds. 

“T’choo! Hn’gxt! Nxt!.. Hh… Hheh… Hh’ATSCHjuh!” Stifling did nothing except provoking the tickle. Apparently, Zach's nose was fighting to expel the dust and what settling congestion his cold-in-the-making was causing him. He groaned, banging his head against the wall of his stall. He couldn't believe his health was ruining this amazing night! He wouldn't let it! 

Ugh! He was just gonna have to tough this out. 

“Hh… Ah’tschjuh! Snf! Dammit!”

TBC…

Again, you already know my feelings regarding this portion but... Still, too precious! Poor Zach; continually unable to catch a break :lol: He really needs to figure out that his angel won't think any less of him just because he had to miss a date >.< 

I want to go to that restaurant! That place sounds amazing. What wonderful date night. Too bad about the dust...nah! :nohappy:

I'm sure, Zach can't trick Elias that much longer now... ^^ (I wonder how he could anyway... I guess, Elias still needs a bit of recovery to get to his best guardian-form again ;))

On 22. feb. 2016 at 2:53 PM, sneezyholmes said:

Oh these two are too precious! 

Aww thank you. 

On 22. feb. 2016 at 7:02 PM, SpamKey said:

Again, you already know my feelings regarding this portion but... Still, too precious! Poor Zach; continually unable to catch a break :lol: He really needs to figure out that his angel won't think any less of him just because he had to miss a date >.< 

Haha true, but really for Zach it's also a question of refusing to ruin any good thing that's happening in his life. As mentioned, this is only the second time in his life he's been to a cafe. The poor kid is really just afraid of missing out on life because of his ever occurring colds. Ugh I feel so cruel. Must to back to some fluff. 

On 23. feb. 2016 at 2:36 AM, Artygirl22 said:

Awww poor thing.....

:hug::heart: 

On 23. feb. 2016 at 5:02 AM, Seeking Clarity + Wisdom said:

I want to go to that restaurant! That place sounds amazing. What wonderful date night. Too bad about the dust...nah! :nohappy:

Hehe i REALLY wanna try that Da Vinci Cod! It sounds wonderful. :D I could do without the dust too... I'm NOT allergic, but everyone sneeze around dust. .. Right? :P 

On 23. feb. 2016 at 2:37 PM, hedgehog said:

I'm sure, Zach can't trick Elias that much longer now... ^^ (I wonder how he could anyway... I guess, Elias still needs a bit of recovery to get to his best guardian-form again ;))

Haha yeah, he's not quite back to his regular standards yet, but as explained to SpamKey above, Elias understands Zach's fear of missing out on life and regardless of him thinking Zachariah belongs in his bed with a thermomer sticking out of his mouth it's ultimately Zachariah's decisions to make. Poor Zach just wants some positive experiences :blush: 

continuation coming up shortly :D 

Edited by Juto of Fluff

Happy Friday (EDIT! Actually it's only Thursday. It doesn't really make any difference to me, but I'm sorry if you went into weekend-rejoice-mood ahead of time) :D here's the next little piece. 

Huh, I seem to be referencing "Pride and Prejudice" a lot this week. Oh well... 

A shout out to @Candy Dust and her breathtaking Chad for providing the initial inspiration to Zach's allergy fit. Thank you, dear :hug: 

Thank you so much for all your wonderful comments. I treasure them all :heart: 

Part 68 – A truth universally acknowledged

Elias slowly chewed a piece of cheese on bread as he tried to look at Zach without seeming too obvious. Ever since his trip to the bathroom his ward had seemed different. Every so often this look of pure annoyance would come over him, he would pinch his eyes shut for a brief moment before letting out a small sigh. Whenever Elias had enquired Zach had smiled at him and told him he was just slightly weary, but Elias had noticed how a warm pink colour had slowly crept into his face and how Zach had wiped his brow and rubbed discreetly at his nose when he thought Elias wasn't looking. 

Elias was reluctant to enter into the whole dust allergy discussion, but he couldn't deny that the look on Zach's face was a picture of barely contained torture known only to allergists being exposed to their allergen without the assistance of an antihistamine. His theory was somewhat confirmed as Zach tried to cover up an nose-pinch by running his fingers over his face and through his hair, that annoyed look of distress back in his face.

As discreetly as he could, Elias reached for an unused fabric napkin on the empty table next to them pushing it towards Zachariah with a sympathetic smile. 

Zach frowned at him, giving a barely audible sniffle. “I'm just tired.” The thick congestion in his voice clearly spoke a different matter. Elias knew he had to tread carefully. 

“Zachariah…” 

Zach exhaled heavily through a small eye roll but had to reach for the napkin mid-gesture, his breath hitching once. 

“Hh… H’atch! T’schuh!... Hhah… Ah’tschjuh! Ugh! Dammit!”

Knowing his ward's reluctance to blowing his nose in public, Elias wasn't surprised to see Zach merely wiping at his nose before placing the folded napkin on the table.

“Bless you.” Elias reached across the table to caress Zach's hand in what he hoped was a comforting gesture. “You feeling okay? You look a little flushed.” What an understatement! Zach looked anything but well. His face was even more flushed now, the delicate skin on and around his nose slightly more red than before and that little crinkle between his eyebrows suggested that Zach squinted his eyes against the mild throbbing of a congestion-induced headache. 

Zach kept his gaze down, biting on his lower lip. “M’fine.” Elias kept his eyes
 on him, sensing there was more. “Dust is getting to me a bit.” Zach mumbled with a tiny shrug after a minute of rubbing his nose and sniffling quietly.

Well, now that the subject had been initiated. “I have an antihistamine in my pocket, I'll just…” Elias reached down into his coat pocket.

“It wouldn't work since I'm not allergic.” The look Zach gave him made Elias take his hand out of his pocket and sit back upright in his chair. 

“Of course.” He feigned agreement. “How silly of me.” He resisted an eye roll, sighing at his ward's stubbornness. He looked around, eyebrows raised. No one else seemed affected by it. Returning his eyes to Zach he could tell his ward knew exactly what he was thinking. 

Zach shrugged, desperately rubbing at his nose with two fingers as he tried to keep his breath steady. “I mu-hhh-ust be very… sensitive… hhh...then.” With a helpless look, napkin back over his nose, Zach turned his head. “Ah’tssch! T’schjuh! Hh… T’ischoo!”

He swiftly wiped at his nose and hid both hands and the napkin in his lap as if wanting to erase this little incident. Elias couldn't help but feel sorry for him. His nose was reddening more with each wipe and his eyes had started to look red and itchy. Elias noticed Zach's fingers twitched and fidgeted as if Zach was really trying not to rub his eyes or his nose. He offered a quiet blessing that Zach completely ignored.

“I don't doubt that for a second.” Elias tried a comforting smile. He was not about to ruin Zach’s already edgy mood with an argument. He reached across the table to cup Zach's cheek. His ward flinched at his touch, causing a brief moment of pain to sear through Elias’s chest until Zach sighed in defeat, relaxing against his touch and Elias understood his reaction. Zach's body temperature was elevated. Only slightly, but enough to make it impossible to blame the stuffy atmosphere, the heat in the café even the dust alone, although Elias suspected the dust was playing a major part in Zach's defeated mood. 

Elias fought back the urge to end this entire night and tuck his ward securely in bed with a thermometer in his mouth and a cup of steaming honeybrew in his hand. It was his choice. Always his choice. “Say the word and we'll get the rest to go and finish dinner at home.” A guardian could hope. 

“No!” The force in Zach's voice took Elias by surprise. A look of frustrated bewilderment came over Zach again and Elias realised he'd only wanted the word out before breathing became too erratic for words. 

“H’atissho! Ah’tschoo! T’schjuh!”

Elias sighed, frowning in sympathy. “Zachariah are you-“

“Ah’tschjuh!”

“Bless you…. Sure we shouldn't-“

“T’sschoo!”

“Bless you… Finish the meal at-“

“Ah’tssch!”

“Bless you… Home? Where you can actually-“

“Hh… T’sscheww!”

“Bless you… Breathe?” 

Zach reemerged from behind the napkin, breathless, tears glistening in his eyes. Judging by Zach's expression, they weren't just allergic tears. 

“We shouldn't have to.” The congested sadness in Zach's voice almost made the guardian knock over their table in order to get to him faster. Yet, he managed to wield his urge and got up slowly, making his way to the other side of the table and crouched down next to Zachariah. 

“Won't you at least try the antihistamine? If you're still sneezing in 20 minutes we’ll head home.” 

Zach shook his head as he wiped his eyes with the back of his hand, giving them an extra firm rub. “It won't work.” He sent Elias a guilty look, eyes red and watery. 

The angel sighed, rubbing his back in circles. “You're not just bothered by the dust, are you?” Zach's downcast eyes and the blush in his cheeks was all the answer he needed. The guardian watched helplessly as Zach once again buried his face in the napkin, sneezing mercilessly.

“T’schoo! Ah’tsch! Hh… Hhh… Ah’tschjuh!” He wiped his nose with the fabric, letting out a heavy exhale through his mouth. 

Elias squeezed his hand. “Let me take you home, please? I can't possibly enjoy the rest of the meal knowing how miserable you must feel.”

Zach looked down at him, taking his time deciding as he searched Elias’s eyes for something. He finally gave a small nod. Elias gently nudged him towards the bathroom where he could clean himself up in peace as Elias paid for their meal and asked for the desert to-go. 

“Thank you for a magical evening.” Elias tried to lighten Zach's mood as he lifted his scarf over his head, wrapping it several times around his throat to make sure his ward wouldn't feel the chilly air on the way home. Zach said nothing, but his eyes, even red and watery, smiled at Elias.

They had almost reached the door when Elias suddenly remembered something. 
“Hang on, one sec.” He quickly manoeuvred back to their table, reaching across it to pull out a brown book-shaped package that had been sitting on the shelve right next to Zach, black letters spelling “To Zachariah” on its back. 

“How did I miss that?” Zach looked, if possible, even more miserable now.

“Happy anniversary, Zachariah.” Elias hugged him close in the little café placing his lips against Zach's forehead deeply wishing his lips could meet Zach's. Pulling back, he glanced around. They were in a public place, other guests probably assumed they were boyfriends anyway, and Zach was in distress. After a quick apologetic glance at the ceiling and beyond he bent down towards Zachariah whispering as their noses touched. “One final time for show?” The soft catch in Zach's breath and the deeper blush now in his cheeks was all the answer Elias needed.

Tilting Zach's head up by gently burying his hands in his curls, pulling down, Elias softly pressed his lips to Zach's. The kiss was short and chaste, but sweet and definitely memorable. Elias, still impressed by his wards acting skills, savoured the way Zach made his body respond to the kiss by letting itself be moulded into Elias’s shape.

Zach pulled away with an apologetic smile as he breathed deep through his mouth. “Can’t breathe, angel.”

Elias smiled affectionately, briefly touched his lips to Zach's once more before leading the younger man out the door with a steady hand on his lower back, their dessert and Zach's present in his other hand. 

~ ~ ~ 

“Oh. My. God.” Zach's shocked expression when he opened the present Elias had given him made the angel giggle. 

“That's not even the best part.” Carefully, Elias pushed away their plates of half-eaten eclairs and reached across the bed to turn the front page of the “Pride and Prejudice” 1st edition from 1813, revealing a scribbled note.

With a confused smile at Elias, Zach read out loud, eyes widening more with each word. 

“To Zachariah, 
May you be well guarded.” He giggled at the words. “Signed by…” All humour drained from his face and Zach turned a look of sheer astonishment at Elias who nodded in confirmation. 

“Lovely Lady, Miss Austen. My mentor told me she was more than happy to oblige when he forwarded my request.” 

Elias was more than pleased about the warm hug he received in gratitude, albeit I bit worried about the actual heat coming off of Zach's body. Zach still held fast as Elias touched his hand to his forehead, the other on his lower back under his pyjamas. 

“You are running a small fever now.” Zach slowly released him. “I'll just get the thermometer and a couple of paracetamols.” As if to confirm his state, Zach swiftly turned to the side, bringing up his collar of his pyjamas. 

“Hh’tschjuh! T’schjuh! Hh… Ah’tschoo!”

“Bless you. Dust or cold?” Zach merely rolled his eyes at him, accepting the tissues Elias handed him.” Regardless, thermometer and paracetamols!”

He was half way out of the bed when his ward’s sad voice caught him off guard. “I'm sorry I ruined tonight, angel.”

Elias abruptly turned around holding up s finger. “Zachariah Wentworth Benedict that is utter nonsense and I will hear none of it.”

Despite his sad voice, Zach still cracked a smile. “You've never full-named me before.”

“Well, you've never been this nonsensical!” Zach merely shrugged, looking down at his hands. “It was my fault Zachariah.” Elias sat back down, cupping his ward's hands. “I never should have planned something like this knowing that you might have caught my cold. Even if you hadn't, I should still have picked a less dusty place.”

“Dust makes people sneeze, that's a truth universally acknowledged.” 

Elias raised an eyebrow at his clearly amused ward. “Indeed Zachariah.”

TBC… 

Edited by Juto of Fluff
Because apparently, Juto can't tell days apart... Meh!

This was sweet. Elias was so patient waiting for Zachary to finally give in. I feel a little sad because Elias is going to go all invisible again soon. ? 

And you with your P&P references... Maybe you should write a P&P fan fic. ?

"Dust makes people sneeze, that's a truth universally acknowledged.” 

Unless you're Liam James Black :awesum:

So cute, I feel for both of them Zach being sick and Elias only wanting to have a nice anniversary

Edited by kaze wo hiku

Just...just freaking awwww!! And sneezing everytime Elias was about to say something. Lol

Ahhhhh Juto! Poor Zach, why you gotta be so stubborn :rofl: "It was the dust" I'm so sure! *shakes head scoldingly* You're too stubborn and too adorable for your own good :heart: 

When it is their anniversary, then Zach is 17 now? (just asking...) And what a sweet kiss! (and Zach can't breathe *lol*)

*does happy dance* took me two days but. Finished lol these beautiful stories. Can I just say the idea for a guardian angel was perfect. Also Zach is so cute I thought I was going to die several time. Of course maybe I did die maybe I'm a spirit now coming to haunt this thread. Sorry I'm so late to the party, I brought chocolate chip cookies though.

*practically whines with happiness!*

I love your boys so much! They are so adorably sweet and d'awwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On 25. feb. 2016 at 11:43 PM, Seeking Clarity + Wisdom said:

This was sweet. Elias was so patient waiting for Zachary to finally give in. I feel a little sad because Elias is going to go all invisible again soon. ? 

And you with your P&P references... Maybe you should write a P&P fan fic. ?

Hahaha I would LOVE to do a P&P but I'm afraid I'd ruin the mood with my severe lack of Austen-esque phrasing...

oh, you're not the only one being sad :( he'll be back soon ;) 

On 25. feb. 2016 at 0:10 AM, Kaze wo Hiku said:

"Dust makes people sneeze, that's a truth universally acknowledged.” 

Unless you're Liam James Black :awesum:

So cute, I feel for both of them Zach being sick and Elias only wanting to have a nice anniversary

Hahah well, Dear satellite can go suck on an oyster then and see how he feels :P while the rest of the mansion are happily slurping the aphrodisiacs :heart:  

On 25. feb. 2016 at 0:31 AM, Artygirl22 said:

Just...just freaking awwww!! And sneezing everytime Elias was about to say something. Lol

Ahaha... Yeah, I find that cute to no end :P Elias having to stop himself and mutter blessings before continuing *swooooon*

On 25. feb. 2016 at 0:56 AM, SpamKey said:

Ahhhhh Juto! Poor Zach, why you gotta be so stubborn :rofl: "It was the dust" I'm so sure! *shakes head scoldingly* You're too stubborn and too adorable for your own good :heart: 

:blush: Poor Zach. Allergies don't make him look weak. *joins the scolding head shake* 

On 26. feb. 2016 at 4:45 AM, GeniusArtStuff said:

EEEEEE THEY ARE SO CUTE! I seriously can't stop reading these! 

And you will never have to :lol:  mu-wa-ha-ha-haaaa-yeah okay, maybe someday you will, BUT I do plan to start a combined OC drabble thread once I finish and of course Zalias will re-appear from time to time.

On 26. feb. 2016 at 4:57 AM, hedgehog said:

When it is their anniversary, then Zach is 17 now? (just asking...) And what a sweet kiss! (and Zach can't breathe *lol*)

Oh, yes. He turned 17 in part 40 I think it was... *runs to check* yep... Part 40 :) 

On 26. feb. 2016 at 5:56 AM, Akahana said:

Oh no this is so sweet <3

Awww thank you :hug: 

On 27. feb. 2016 at 5:10 PM, Artemis said:

*does happy dance* took me two days but. Finished lol these beautiful stories. Can I just say the idea for a guardian angel was perfect. Also Zach is so cute I thought I was going to die several time. Of course maybe I did die maybe I'm a spirit now coming to haunt this thread. Sorry I'm so late to the party, I brought chocolate chip cookies though.

Hi Artemis, and welcome to my little niche of semi-supernatural weirdness :lol: readers who bring treats (and lovely comments) are more than welcome. A good commenter is never late, she arrives precisely when she means to :P 

Why thank you. I thought it was original. :blush: I'm glad you like the idea. 

On 28. feb. 2016 at 1:52 AM, Rachiella44 said:

*practically whines with happiness!*

I love your boys so much! They are so adorably sweet and d'awwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awwwww thank you :hug: 

In case you're "bored of the rings" hehe see what I did there? The next part is coming shortly... 

Hi all you amazing readers who spent time following my boy and his guardian. :hug:

Here's the last Drabble (if I can even call them that) of this little anniversary sequence :)  I'm going to take a few weeks off to sort out domestic life but I promise I'll return as soon as real life permits it :) I do still have 31 drabbles to go :P 

Oh, and after some very positive feedback (thank you ladies) I've decided to bring back an angelical duo for a comic relief. Unlike some writers on here ( *cough* @Kaze wo Hiku *cough* who said what...?) I can't do angst for long before my fluff battery runs low and needs recharging. Let me know what you think and I might bring them back again :P 

Part 69 – Grace

Except for the past 9 nights, the bed was seldom occupied by more than one visible form, again tonight, two bodies made use of its comfort. Both a little worse for wear, both a little too hot for comfort, yet both tangled up in the other’s limbs. One was snoring softly, his pink tinted nose and cheeks the only remnants of a nasty cold, his sapphire eyes hidden behind heavy, slightly reddened lids. The other was fighting sleep, his puffy, cloud-coloured eyes glancing over every surface of his angelical friend, every so often peeking at the clock on the nightstand counting down towards the inevitable. 

10 more minutes. 

Zachariah sighed as he once again drank in the celestial beauty of his guardian, silently grieving the upcoming loss of his angel as a visible part of his life. For how long, Zach didn't know. He smiled as Elias muttered sleepily beside him. The guardian had started the night on his own side of the bed, not wanting to cause Zach any discomfort with his lingering heat since Zach was beginning to feel fever warm too. However, upon feeling Zach's slight shivers caused by the slight rise in his temperature, had in sleep reached out for him, slithering his own warm limbs around his smaller body and pressed his face into Zach’s neck letting out warm exhales that made Zach's toes warm and curl and the small hairs at his neck tingle. 

Zach had been in heaven, nothing in the world could possibly match being the little spoon in Elias’s protective embrace, but Zach only had minutes left to behold his angel and he was determined to make the most of it.

Wiggling, he’d managed to turn in Elias’s arms, once again able to look into his face. He brought his hand up to rub at his nose. Damn cold and damn dust had joined forces against him making his nose flare with sudden tickles. He barely had time to pinch his nose and lower his head into the space between them.

“Hn’xxt-ch! Gkt’nshjuh! Hh… Ng’schoo!”

A tired smile spread on his lips as he heard a mumbled blessing from his sleeping friend. Elias’s one eye opened a mere slit and his hand came up to rub Zach's nose. “Dust or cold?” His voice was heavy with sleep. 

Zach made a face under Elias’s hand but the rubbing did help subdue the tickle. “M’not allergic!”

“Oh, right! Right!”

Nose quivering again Zach turned his head away from Elias’s hand feeling it move to his back as he pitched forward.

“A’tschjuh! Hha… Ah’tschuh!”

Elias sat up and reached for the box of tissues, handing a couple to Zach as he laid back on his side supported by his elbow. “Bless you, you non-allergic, yet dust-reacting cutie-sneezer.” He winked at Zach who stuck out his tongue at him. “Oh, and I forgot ‘mature’.” He added with a smile and a little shake of his head. He received another grimace in response. 

“Sorry if I woke you.” Zach wiped his nose, trying to look guilty. This was by far the best way to enjoy his angel’s mesmerising eyes while they were still visible, but Zach still felt sorry he had disturbed the angel’s peaceful sleep. Elias shrugged, flashing a grin. 

“Nah you're fine, I just slept for the comfort. It's midnight soon and I'll be re-granted grace and then I won't need to sleep.” Elias stifled a yawn as he ran his hand through his used-to-be-combed-now-sleep-tousled-hair. “Ugh! I can't wait to be back in grace.” He rubbed at his nose, frowning. “This depleted state of exhaustion and illness is not something I'll miss.”

“Yeah, I wish I could escape… it… t-too… Ah’tschjuh!.. Ahh..Ahschoo!” Zach had pulled the collar of his pyjama up but Elias had beat him to it, placing a tissue on the collar before Zach could sneeze into it. 

“Bless you, darling. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to rub in it.”

“Thank you. It's okay.” Truth be told though, Elias’s words had only reminded Zach that in mere minutes, his friend and pretender-boyfriend would once again be invisible. 
Zach glanced at his clock as Elias pulled him closer, nuzzling his hair with his nose. 

5 minutes left. 

He sniffled against the prickly sensation in his eyes and nose, bringing his hand up to rub them, hoping to pass it off as a symptom. Naturally, the gesture didn't go unnoticed. 

“Dust still bothering you?” The worry in Elias’s voice only made everything worse.
Zach sniffled thickly again, continuing to rub the back of his hand against his nose as he tried with all his might not to start crying. Elias’s face turned serious as he ran his fingers gently over Zach's face. “Is that why you're not sleeping?”

Zach shook his head. Elias’s questions were making it increasingly hard for him to keep his emotions in check. He felt his eyes warm.

I don't want to loose you, I want you here with me, visible!

“Oh no no, Zachariah darling, what is it?” Elias must have noticed the traitor tears that escaped. 

Zach shook his head again, taking a deep breath to calm himself and prevent any more tears escaping. “Fine, m’fine.” He made a pathetic attempt to wipe the tears off his face in a dismissive manner. 

Clearly unconvinced, Elias placed a hand on Zach's forehead, tutting softly at the heat. “Your fever’s gone up. I'll get you some more paracetamols. Stay here.” He made to get up but Zach's arms flew out pulling him back to the bed. 

“Not yet, not yet. It can wait! It can wait!”

Elias offered him a comforting smile as he gently pried his hands away and got up. “Zachariah, don't worry, I won't go through that entire guilt trip thing again, I'll just get you the meds and come back to nurse that cold out of you.” He affectionally nuzzled the sore spot between Zach's eyebrows, bending down to place a soft kiss there before he pulled back with a whispered “be right back.” 

“No! Stay, please.” Zach's voice broke and he felt his eyes tear up again but he couldn't make himself look away, except to glance briefly at his clock. 

3 minutes left until midnight.

Elias looked down at him, sapphire eyes full of concern. “Zachariah it will only take a minute. You'll feel a lot better, I promise you.” He turned and took a step towards the door.

“DON’T!” Unsteadily, Zach leapt out of bed and caught Elias around his shoulders, but lost his balance, bringing them both down on the floor. Elias spun around hitting the floor on his back with Zach on top. 

Groaning slightly, half bemused and half surprised, the angel sat back up as Zach scooted down from his chest. “That really wasn't the best idea Zachariah. I know you're not allergic,” he rolled his eyes slightly as he looked down at Zach on the floor, “but I haven't vacuumed in a while.” He placed one hand on the floor behind his back to support his body as he attempted to get up. 

“Elias please stay. Please.” Zach could no longer keep the sadness out of his voice. There couldn't possibly be more than a minute left. He turned a pleading stare at his guardian whose face was now lined with worry. 

Concerned, Elias laid back down, brushing the hair away from Zach's face before cupping his face in his hands. “Of course, Zachariah.” Zach grabbed a hold of his wrists, keeping his hands in place as he kept his eyes staring intently into the deepest pools of mesmerising sapphire blue he had ever seen. “Zachariah if you're angry with me for dragging you out-“

“I'm not!” Zach wasn't angry, he just wasn't feeling talkative. Elias’s voice would still be there in the morning, his face, his eyes, wouldn't. He kept his eyes fixed on Elias trying to ignore the dust they must have kicked up as they fell settle in his nose. 

“Oh! Then, if you're worried that I’M upset them let me-“

“I'm not!”

“Okay then.” Elias looked confused. “ Zachariah I promise to take you back one day when I'm graceless and we're both in good health…”

“Be quiet, angel.” Zach's heart sank in his chest, it would probably be mere seconds now. 

Mildly surprised, Elias held his tongue and gazed back, sapphire eyes roaming Zach's face as his thumbs lightly brushed his cheeks. 

The seconds ticked by as Zach fought not to blink, but of course his nose had to choose this time to demand his attention. Trying to fight the itch the kicked-up dust had ignited, he held his breath until the last possible second.

A flash of bright, white light suddenly burst from the man on the floor beside him and Zach squinted his eyes against the brightness but not before he had caught a brief glimpse of Elias, skin a flawless pink, eyes sparkling blue and with a set of great white and silver wings attached to his back.

Unable to ignore the tickle any longer he gave in, closing his eyes against the ticklish sensation and pressed himself into Elias’s arms. 

“Hh’Ahtschoo! Ah’tschjuuh! Hh… T’schuh!

Zach kept his eyes pinched shut for a second longer, painfully aware that Elias was once again back in grace. The warmer-than-usual hands warming his back against his post-sneeze-shivers was proof enough. 

“Aww, bless you Zachariah. I told you the dust would…”. 

Zach had opened his eyes feeling tears pooling in them as his theory was confirmed and he tried to hold back the sob that was building in his chest as invisible arms drew him into a tight embrace. 

“I'm still here, Zachariah.” Zach gave in, letting himself cry, grateful that Elias was still with him, but at the same time already longing for the friend he didn't know when he would see again. “I'm still here, darling.”

~ ~ ~ 

Holding his crying ward tight, Elias finally connected the dots. Zach's wasn't upset over the failed anniversary dinner, nor his non-allergies acting up. Deep down, Zach was still afraid that Elias would disappear. 

His ward shuddered in his arms and inched downwards. Elias was momentarily confused until he noticed Zach bring a hand to his nose.

“Ah’schoo! A’tschjuh!”

Elias murmured a “bless you” against his hair feeling Zach shiver. “Cold or dust, Zachariah, the floor isn't a place you should be right now. Hold on tight, I'm just gonna lift you back in bed okay?”

“D-don't…  let me g-go. Snf!”

“Never!” 

The small reassurance seemed to make Zachariah relax in his arms as Elias carefully lifted him back in bed. He'd been about to ask if he could get him some medicine now, but the insistent tugging at his arms told him some things were presently more important to Zach than meds. 
Not releasing his grip for a second, Elias scooted down next to him, pulling his smaller body closer against his own. 

Elias couldn't remember Zach being this upset last time he'd been re-granted grace, but he also couldn't deny their relationship had changed. Neither of them knew how long it would be before Elias’s graceless services were needed again. Elias closed his eyes and buried his face in Zach's hair. 

Raphael if you're listening, please don't ever take me away from Zachariah. He's my everything and I will do whatever it takes to stay with him, forever. Please.

~ ~ ~ 

“Tell me, o' high and mighty archangel, how does that not break your heart?” 

Raphael rubbed his temples as he groaned, rolling his eyes at the angelical mentor who was busy drying his eyes on his sleeve. 

“You can't deny that Elias has proved his worth yet again.” Izra’il said sniffling. “He saved his ward from unwanted affectionate attention by sacrificing his grace, even cold-ridden and dead on his feet he managed to watch over Zachariah. All without any help from you.” He pointed an accusing finger at the dismissively huffing archangel. “And why you didn't intervene when the ambulance team was inches from discovering a walking dead is beyond me, but they made it!” He looked back at the screen where a silvery shimmer was curled tightly around a fragile human body, the silent plea hovering as illuminating letters. 

Raphael if you're listening, please don't ever take me away from Zachariah. He's my everything and I will do whatever it takes to stay with him, forever. Please.

“Aww, RAPHAEL!” Izra'il whined. “He's just so… They're so… Ahh the feels!” He slammed a fist to his chest. “They're so sweet, I can't… I'm dead.”

“Yes. You. Are.” The archangel sneered, rolling his eyes before he dismissively waved the lesser and substantially more sensitive, angel out of his office, adding an insistent shove as the mentor didn't make any attempt to move.

The archangel sighed trying to gather his thoughts. Elias was good, no doubts there. His concern for and caretaking of once miserable and alone Zachariah was honourable. Yet, because of his deeds, The patron God of Health and Protection now had to give an official statement to Father as to why one of his guardian's had once again begged for gracelessness, has risked his position and the secret code of angels, and Raphael suspected he would also have to account for the number of chaste kisses. 

He sighed as he made his way to the great halls of the first heaven. 

Ahh Elias Luca Fitzwilliam, you will be the second death of me. 

TBC...

Unlike some writers on here ( *cough* @Kaze wo Hiku *cough* who said what...?)

I regret nothing :zippy:

Zach not wanting Elias to leave was sweet as it was heartbreaking. :heart:

OMG Raphael and Izra'il are back!!! Poor Raph his job gets so much harder with an unruly angel and a spectator XD 

"Ahhhhh my shipper heart!" -Izra'il at some point, probably.

"They don't pay me enough for this shit." -Raphael at some point, probably.

:rofl: Don't mind me... I'm just using humor to cover up my feels :cry:

*falls over zombie like, comes back as angle of the dead and offers heart shaped cookies and tissues around for the feel*

why why you do this. It was so beautiful but why you do this? You should just make this a book. Because it is that amazing.