Sneeze Fetish Forum

Kaze Wo Hiku

Poor Gabriel. I hope he found the right one. I’m sure he hated the cashier blessing him. :mellow:

He should have a cupboard devoted to cold and sinus medications. Maybe Liam checks it regularly and keeps it stocked. :P 

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Alabaster We'll assume he did :)

@AngelEyes That's what I was going for :lol:

On 6/28/2018 at 5:20 PM, Selene said:

I was thinking something similar and then I thought about how Gabriel catches colds all the time. Which THEN got me thinking about just HOW awful Gabriel must have felt that day if he did not even know what medicine to take and how to handle his medicine shopping... Poor Gabriel must have felt super awful and completely out of it that day..

Yeaaahhhhhhh he was pretty out of it, my poor dear, I'm so mean to him.

On 7/3/2018 at 8:04 AM, Subtly Clashing Wishes said:

He should have a cupboard devoted to cold and sinus medications. Maybe Liam checks it regularly and keeps it stocked. :P

Well at Liam's he has a cupboard which Liam keeps stocked, at his apartment everything is on the kitchen table which is always a cluttered mess (when Liam isn't there) but yes, prehaps our neat freak should make Gabriel a better medicine place :rofl:

Something a tad different.  No sneezing, no illness.  It's been so HOT here lately I thought what would happen is everyones favorite image conscious Diva...got a sunburn *dun dun dunnnnnn* Enjoy ;)

~~~~~

Summer sun, summer fun, summer burn

It had been a gorgeous day, the hot summer sun illuminated the beautiful white sand beach. The rolling waves sloshed on seaside rocks, lapping the tide pools with critters and small fish.

Barrett and Aiden had been driving a long the coast in their rented convertible, taking in the beautiful views but also inspecting a few beachside Bed and Breakfasts. Aiden had wanted a cozy Inn for the first leg of their honeymoon, so the two had spent the better part of the weekend, driving around, shopping, looking at all the quaint Inns along the way.

Aiden, of course, had added plenty to his binder full of wedding preparations. Actually he had an entirely different one specifically for the honeymoon.

Everything had been going wonderful, yesterday they’d taken a lovely boat ride out into the bay to see some dolphins. Barrett had made sure each of them had sufficient sunscreen, especially his fiancé, who being fairer skinned than himself, burned quite easily.

Sadly, even with a good amount of protection on, it was difficult escaping the blazing July sun beating down. On their last day, Aiden forgot the wide brimmed sun hat he’d been sporting but as grey clouds hung over the sea, the sun only made guest appearances that day. The two strolled down one of the cobblestone streets, widow shopping, stopping a cafe for drinks and walking on the boardwalk which lined the beach. Even with the cloudcover, however, Barrett began to notice Aiden’s skin appearing a bit pinkish.

“Darling, here let me put some more sunscreen on your face.” He said taking the bottle out of his bag. Aiden stopped briefly while looking in a widow which sold designer handbags.

“Oh Retty, look at that J.J. Edmonds clutch.” Aiden inhaled dramatically while pressing a hand to his chest. “Star would just die if I got her that.” He said admiring the elegant diamond studded swan design. “Perhaps that’ll be her Friend of Honor gift. I should get Cordy one too, I wonder if they carry an all black one?”

Barrett nodded, not really paying attention. “Here.” He squeezed some sunscreen into his hand. “Clothes your eyes.”

“Be careful of the hair, Retty.” Aiden warned, feathering his bangs out of his eyes.

Barrett began rubbing the lotion onto Aiden’s cheeks, nose and forehead, generously covering his fiancé face which definitely showed a slight burn. “Darling…you…”

“Yes, you’re right I should buy it now.” Aiden said slapping away Barrett’s hand. “Goodness knows a clutch that gorgeous will fly off the shelves once the summer line is announced.” The diva clasped his hands together, “Honestly I’m shocked to find one out here.” With that Aiden threw the shop door open and pranced inside. Barrett, still holding the bottle in his hand, sighed. Hopefully the lotion would help a bit but judging by how red his fiancé’s cheeks were he felt Aiden might be in some pain tomorrow.

Back at their hotel room, several hours later, they two relaxed on the bed, Aiden went over all his notes from the past days, while Barrett checked his messages.

“Now Retty, I said no work on this trip.” The designer gave his partner a scowl but the end of his lip was turned up slightly.

Barrett eyed the pile of papers and brochures Aiden had scattered across the bed, “Just checking a few things.” He said.

“This isn’t work, darling.” Aiden snapped playfully. He then rose, heading into the bathroom. A split second later, Barrett heard a shriek sound and a crash. Dashing into the bathroom, he found Aiden standing in front of the mirror looking exasperated. A brush lay on the floor, one of Aiden’s hand gripped the counter while the other traced the outline of his face. “Oh my god, Barrett!” He flung a desperate look at the lawyer. “Why didn’t you tell me I looked like cooked lobster!” Aiden’s voice shot up an octive.

True, Aiden had some sun, his cheeks definitely had a rosy tint to them but Barrett didn’t believe he resembled the crustacean. “Aiden darling, yes you’ve a bit of sun but…”

“A bit! A bit of sun!” Aiden flailed, his hair whisping about, “I’m positively beet colored! No no no…” He leaned forward, arching his head so he could see how far down the burn went in his reflection. “I’ve a meeting with Gregory Sansburg in two days! I can’t meet him like this…ow!” Aiden flinched as he pressed on his cheek bone.

Barrett reached down, grabbing one of Aiden’s many cosmetic bags off the floor. “Let’s see what we have for burns.” He rummaged through the bag, while Aiden whimpered at the mirror.

“I’ll be a laughing stock….Sunburned Summerville they’ll call me…” Aiden mumbled while still examining the damage.

“Darling, no one will call you that.” Barrett continued his search in another bag. “Ah here, aloe vera lotion.” He barely had the bottle out of the bag when Aiden snatched it from him. Squeezing nearly every ounce out of the small bottle, Aiden spread the lotion all over his reddened face.

“Ow…ow…damnit…” He grumbled gently massaging in the cream. “This is your fault Barrett!”

Taken aback, the lawyer raised an eyebrow, “My fault?”

“One, it was you who last put sunscreen on m…ouch!” Aiden winced as his fingers crossed his nose. “Me. You didn’t put on enough. Two! You should have warned I was turning into a tomato!”

Barrett was going to bring up how Aiden had darted away from him to buy Star’s gift but decided, the evidence wouldn’t do him any good in this battle. “Darling, you don’t look like a tomato. Yes, there’s a slight burn but we’ll keep putting lotion on it…what are you doing?” He asked as Aiden began tearing through a nearby bag.

“Where is my concealer?” He snapped while throwing items onto the counter. “Ah, here.” The diva began brushing powder onto his face in a poor effort to calm the burn. Barrett said nothing, only watched his fiancé work feverishly covering his face. It made a small difference but truly Aiden’s face was far too red, Barrett figured the diva would need something much stronger than simply powder.

The rest of the evening found Aiden trying every cosmetic he had hoping to conceal his burn to his standards. Barrett exited the bathroom over an hour ago, all he heard since then was Aiden pep-talking himself every time he tried something new only to then hear the cursing which followed soon after.

It was past 9pm when Aiden finally trudged defeated out of the bathroom and flopped dramatically onto the bed. One arm lay over his face before he flinched, muttering an “ow”. “I look awful.” He moaned with a deep sigh.

Barrett who had been doing some reports closed his laptop and laid down next to the sulking diva, head propped up with his hand. The other he took in Aiden’s. “Darling, believe me that never in all your 35 years have you ever looked awful.” He brought Aiden hand up kissing it.

The designer let out a humorless scoff but a small smile formed on his lips. “Thank you Barrett. I know it’s not your fault.” He said looking in his fiancé’s hazel eyes. “I’m just a bit…” Aiden bit his lip.

“Over dramatic? Image conscious? Mr Showboat?” A pillow suddenly hit Barrett in the face, the lawyer let out a laugh as Aiden smirked in his direction.

5 hours ago, Kaze wo Hiku said:

“I’m just a bit…” Aiden bit his lip.

“Over dramatic?

LOL! You think? This was adorable!

I am on my phone so I can't really quote things, but OMG, sunburnt!Aiden was such a delight (well, neither for Barrett, nor for himself, but I was beyond happy 😅) 😍😍😍

I might edit this post as soon as I am on a proper computer because I need to cherish and swoon over all the sweet passages in here (Aiden as lobster? Aiden as beetroot?!:lmfao: 😂 Those were my favourites!!)

I just could not keep my cool and wait to comment until I was on a computer :lol:

Loved the new piece and the fact that Aiden has  honeymoon folder now ♥

Ok, I'm back to edit my post as I said (or threatend to do? depends on your perspective on my fangirl ramblings :D ), because Aiden and Barrett deserve all the love! :heart:

On 6.7.2018 at 8:54 PM, Kaze wo Hiku said:

“Darling, here let me put some more sunscreen on your face.” He said taking the bottle out of his bag. Aiden stopped briefly while looking in a widow which sold designer handbags.

“Oh Retty, look at that J.J. Edmonds clutch.” Aiden inhaled dramatically while pressing a hand to his chest. “Star would just die if I got her that.” He said admiring the elegant diamond studded swan design. “Perhaps that’ll be her Friend of Honor gift. I should get Cordy one too, I wonder if they carry an all black one?”

Barrett nodded, not really paying attention. “Here.” He squeezed some sunscreen into his hand. “Clothes your eyes.”

“Be careful of the hair, Retty.” Aiden warned, feathering his bangs out of his eyes.

Barrett began rubbing the lotion onto Aiden’s cheeks, nose and forehead, generously covering his fiancé face which definitely showed a slight burn. “Darling…you…”

“Yes, you’re right I should buy it now.” Aiden said slapping away Barrett’s hand. “Goodness knows a clutch that gorgeous will fly off the shelves once the summer line is announced.” The diva clasped his hands together, “Honestly I’m shocked to find one out here.” With that Aiden threw the shop door open and pranced inside. Barrett, still holding the bottle in his hand, sighed.

This entire passage was just so glorious! First of all, they kept talking over each other or rather past each other, because each of them had their own agenda and neither really paid attention to what the ohter one was saying. I loved so much how you put the reader in the comfortable armchair of omniscient perspective so we could witness the catastrophe unfold in front of our eyes... :shifty::hypoc: *insert handrub and evil laugh here*

*clears throat*... but I digress...

Let's get to the next part which I loved, namely all the things Aiden compared his sunburn-colour to. He talked himself into such a rage and even though I felt sorry for him, I also had a great time with his melt-down. As I mentioned earlier, I especially loved all the various things he compared himself to.

A brush lay on the floor, one of Aiden’s hand gripped the counter while the other traced the outline of his face. “Oh my god, Barrett!” He flung a desperate look at the lawyer. “Why didn’t you tell me I looked like cooked lobster!”

“A bit! A bit of sun!” Aiden flailed, his hair whisping about, “I’m positively beet colored! No no no…”

I thought the lobster thing was great already, and then a few lines further down, I read the phrase "positively beet colored" :lmfao: I heard Aiden's desperate voice so clearly in my mind when I read that phrase... and laughed out loud in my otherwise empty room xD

And then this, which cracked me up so much :rofl: Aiden really is too creative for his own good, even when he's freaking out about havign a sunburn:

“I’ll be a laughing stock….Sunburned Summerville they’ll call me…” Aiden mumbled while still examining the damage.

I will forever remember and cherish this nickname for Aiden (even though he'd probably hate me for that :lol: )

The ending was very cute as well! The way Aiden dealt with the situation - freaking out, yelling a bit, trying everything to deny the undeniable and conceal the unconcealable, followed by a stage of defeated sufferiing - fit Aiden's character very well and I hope that spending the rest of the evening with Barrett could console him and make up for the sunburn-shock he sufffered.

Thank you again for sharing the stories of your lovely OCs with us! :heart:

• 4 weeks later...

@AngelEyes Thank you!

@Selene I'm so happy you came back to quote the parts you liked :D

On 7/6/2018 at 10:25 PM, Selene said:

I will forever remember and cherish this nickname for Aiden (even though he'd probably hate me for that

More than likely he'll hate me since I gave it too him :rofl:

Ok so here's a few short drabbles from tumblr from a meme ask.  There were symptoms and then settings and people could ask for pairings, it was fun.

First was chills, earache, chest cold at home with sick!River and Colin

~~~~

The book in his hand was shaking so terribly that River could barely concentrate on reading.  Not that he could even see the words, his glasses sat on the table, he didn’t have the strength for contacts today.  Repositioning the blanket which had fallen a bit, River let a loose barking cough into the soft fabric.  A rattle followed a he took a slow breath hoping not to trigger anything further.

“River?” Colin’s worried voice sounded from the hall.  “Do you need anything?”

“No.” The clerk croaked, his voice weak from coughing all night.  Truly he wanted someone to surgically remove his left ear.  What had started as a simple head cold caught probably from Colin had quickly infected his ear and then traveled to his lungs morphing into an awful chest cold.  River’s breathing crackled and bubbled in his chest even when he wasn’t hacking a lung up.  It had been his own fault, ignoring the growing pain residing in his ear canal until it stabbed so hard he nearly collapsed.  That’s when Colin had phone his personal doctor.  Three days later, River still had barely left his room.

“Are you sure?” His roommate asked.

Cradling his head, River cursed lowly. “I’m certa….in…” The words broken up from a harsh heavy cough.  Colin finally wasn’t dealing with anything and River was not about to burden him with this obnoxious cold.  “Please…just…” He  panted which stung his lungs, River grimaced as he forced on finishing the sentence.  “Stay…away.”  Hand pressed against his chest, River regained his breath.  Silence followed.  Leaning back carefully not to trigger any more coughing, River assumed his roommate had given up.

Several minutes later a knock sounded.  River’s weary red rimmed eyes opened.  “Colin…I told…” His frame bent forward as he muffled the crackling cough into his fist.  Another slightly quieter rap came.  Cursing under his breath, the sick bookworm dug with his knuckle at his aching ear causing the blanket to fall off his shoulders.  Shivering almost immediately, River hiked it back up but the jarring movement disrupted his chest, a long congested fit erupted.  Fighting for breath and control, River gasped between the scant pauses until it ended then slumped onto his side. Tears, from coughing, pricked at the sides of his fatigued eyes; River knew Colin only wished to ease his suffering. True, his roommate complained, whined and was generally overbearing but River couldn’t risk infecting someone who was so prone to sickness, he’d never forgive himself. 

Another knock, this one quite faint, River wasn’t sure if his clogged hearing was simply playing tricks.  Summoning enough strength, he trudged to the door.  “Colin…I said…no….” No answer from the hall, only a faint knock.  Confused, River slowly opened the door, peering through half opened eyes out into the hall.  Surprisingly, it was dark, no sign of Colin.  Gripping the loose ends of the blanket in one shaky hand, the clerk risked a better look but pressure rose, River pinched forward hacking into the fabric knot twisted from his grasp.  Tears ran down his cheeks, he managed to steady himself against the frame until the spasm ended. 

River’s head spun, a dizzy feeling of faint swept over him, he staggered leaning most of his weight on the door; his foot kicked something  Blinking to clear his vision, River vaguely made out a box sitting on the floor.  Reaching down, he managed to grab it then quickly shut the door.  Stumbling to his bed, he set the box down then fell into a rough coughing fit, the air burned his sick lungs.  Bringing up the end of the blanket, River wiped his eyes and opened the box.

Here’s some better cough medicine with a great sleep aide and some tissues.  I have enough to share.  Feel better River, it’s not fun talking to myself.

-Colin

A faint smile formed on River’s lips as his unsteady hand broken into the cough medicine.  After downing the medicine, he sat back facing the door.  “Thanks Colin.” He his husky voice wheezed out.  Roughly half an hour later he was asleep.

~~~~

Second was chills and while camping with Liam and Gabriel.  This was hard since Fessor would never ever go camping so I had to get creative.

“I don’t quite understand the reasoning for such emporiums.” Gabriel shrugged as he and Liam walked threw the aisle’s of Gladstone’s Camping Supply.  “Who would actively wish to spend a vast amount of their time in….” He stopped eyeing a small, four person tent set up. “This canvased yurt.”

Liam busted out a laugh which he quickly turned into a throat clear, “Gabriel Lane, I love your no nonsense evaluations of these things.” He stopped looking at a shelf lined with cooking supplies. “Also apparently yurts are coming back in style.” He threw a smile at Gabriel who muttered something inaudible.  “Trust me love, you don’t have to worry.  As much as I love the calm, quiet of the outdoors, I’ll never take you camping.”

“You’ve been?” Gabriel asked mildly surprised.

Liam nodded, “A few times as a kid, mom, Mel and I. Mom knew how much I love water so we’d camp on the shore of Lake Victoria.  The sunrise was amazing.” His fingers glided a long the rack of cooking spices. “Ah, here we go.” Grabbing one he held it up for Gabriel. “Best chicken seasoning around, I can never find it in regular grocery stores.”

The professor smiled, enjoying the little things that gave his satellite such joy.  As they headed for the check out, Liam paused seeing a small camping set up to their right.  “Here, lets pretend.” His brown eyes gleamed at Gabriel who looked perplexed.   They sat in opposing folding chairs in front of a large grey and green tent complete with overhang.  Liam stuck out his hands mimicking warming himself against the iron fire pit a few feet away.  “See, we’re camping!” He laughed.

Gabriel shook his head, “Even this gives me the chills.” He shuddered, running his hands over his tan cardigan. “I couldn’t imagine physically being outside in the bleak cold night air.”

“Well my dear professor,” Liam turned leaning over to his boyfriend, “That’s why two person sleeping bags exist.” He purred giving a wink.  Liam didn’t know what was better, the pause Gabriel gave before the embarrassed blush spread over his cheeks or the full body shiver after.

~~~~

Third, fever and chest cold at home with Noll and Ren. Also got a request that @Hedgehog had wanted in this one.

Ren wasn’t expecting company. Slowly, one hand steadying himself against the wall, he trudged to the door. Imagine his surprise seeing one Noll Kaiser behind it. “Wha….” Ren couldn’t even speak, he bent over hacking into his blanket which laid over his frame. Noll let himself in, positioning a shoulder under the coordinators arm.

“Sorry…” Noll muttered as he led his deathly pale friend back to the bedroom. “I should have called first.”

It didn’t sound like an apology but Ren took it as one. “Why are…you…here…” Reynolds wheezed as he leaned more than he wished onto Noll. As they entered his bedroom another harsh crackling cough erupted from him. Ren gasped as he fought for air, his head spun from the pounding headache.

Noll dropped his cane, putting all his weight on his good side, slowly easing Ren to the bed. A low curse murmured from the artist as his hip screamed.

“Sorry…” Ren wheezed, his brown eyes red rimmed with deep bags under, it was no secret the coordinator hadn’t been sleeping well.

Noll waved him off, crouching down, biting another curse as he grabbed his cane. “Celeste made you some soup.”

It was then Ren noticed a bag next to his bed. Noll reached it pulling out a container. “Should still be warm, I just picked it up.”

Reynolds blinked his tired eyes, stifling a low cough. He pulled the blanket around him but left enough room to take the soup. “Thanks.” He said with a hint of a smile. Noll nodded.

Neither spoke as Ren ate, only interrupted by his deep congested cough.

“You have a fever?” Noll asked nonchalantly.

Ren looked up after coughing hard into a handkerchief. “I did, yes. Why?”

Noll shrugged, “You’ve just eaten soup, have a blanket around you but you’re shivering.” He said pointing at Ren with the end of his cane. “Where’s your thermometer?”

The coordinator’s face turned redder than his cheeks. “It’s around.”

Noll rolled his sea green eyes, “I’ve noticed the thermometer always seems to disappear when I’m around.” The artist pushed up and searched a nearby table, moving some things around. “Found it.”

Ren glared, holding the thermometer in his teeth until it beeped. Noll grabbed it as Ren began to cough harshly, the deep crackle made him wince.

“101.9.” Noll replied. “Why did you tell Jasper you’d be back at work tomorrow?” He asked eyeing the sick man.

“I…” Ren was cut off by his awful cough. Noll leaned forward handing Ren a half filled glass of water. “I was…getting better…” Ren managed threw a set of stifled coughs. “Apparently I was wrong.”

“You’re on bed rest until I say so.” Noll remarked folding his arms.

Now it was Ren’s turn to roll his eyes. “You’re not…my…doc…” He bent forward as a bubbly crackle cough came out. “Doctor.” A sigh escaped as he finally found air. Ren grabbed his inhaler off the bed, taking a puff.

“Maybe not but…” Noll stood up. “I find you back with any temperature at all, you’re fired.” He said hobbling to the door.

Ren managed a scoff. “You always say that.” Leaning back, he began to feel quite tired.

“And so far you’ve listened.” Noll smirked. The artist stood in the doorway, watching the coordinators eyes close. A few minutes later, Ren appeared to be asleep. Noll walked back over resting his hand against Ren’s forehead. He grimaced, it seemed warmer than the thermometer had let on. However, he wasn’t a doctor. Ren relaxed, Noll quickly removed his hand and hobbled back to the front door.

When the door shut, Ren opened one eye, a sly smile formed on his cracked lips.

~~~~

I still have a few more requests to work on so they'll be more of these soon.

Ooooh, I somehow have missed the first one on tumblr. Poor River! He needs someone who can ease his pains. :( But that box from Colin was very nice.

14 minutes ago, Hedgehog said:

Ooooh, I somehow have missed the first one on tumblr. Poor River! He needs someone who can ease his pains. :( But that box from Colin was very nice.

That one was actually the most recent  (as of today) I posted it first since it was infront of me :D

Love that Colin left the meds for River and his comment about talking to himself. Libriel! Gabe's horror at the idea of camping is hilarious! And Noll threatening to fire Ren is great.

• 3 weeks later...

@Hedgehog and @AngelEyes thank you for your comments ^^

Ok finally after many many requests from @happybunny, @Puzzle and all the other fans of sick!Liam, here it is. ;) This was my submission for sickdays on tumblr for the caretaking focus day.  Enjoy!

~~~~

Liam’s forehead thunked against his desk.  These last few weeks had been hell; his poor Gabriel stricken with a nasty flu.  Liam had been doing everything in his power to keep his sky as comfortable as possible.  Cordy had been understanding and given him a few days off but now the deadlines he’d been ignoring were back.  His knee twitched as he looked up with weary eyes at what he’d just written. Nope, not good enough. Smacking the delete key, Liam erased everything he’d written in the past two hours, which sadly was only a short paragraph.  Exhaling, he ran a hand through his hair then rubbed his eyes. God, he needed a cigarette.  Another night of no sleep, Gabriel wouldn’t be happy but this needed to be done.

“Liam dear.”

Liam groaned, he felt a hand stroke his face. Suddenly his head shot up. “Gabriel! What….” Not a good idea, black spots danced in his vision. “What…are…” Liam cradled his head as he focused on Gabriel’s frame. “You doing out of bed?”

Gabriel crouched down, “Dearest, come to bed.  It’s late…” He turned to mask a cough. “You need rest, this can wait.”  The professor’s voice filled with worry over his partner.

Liam blinked but then shook his head, “Cordy needs this, I’m behind.”  A dull pain formed in his stomach, “I’ll only…be a few more minutes.” Liam’s tired brown eyes met Gabriel’s sky blue. “You’re still recovering, please go back to bed.  Remember what the doctor said.” His hand latched onto Gabriel’s.

“Very well.” Gabriel said sadly. “Please hurry, I require your warmth.”  He kissed the top of Liam’s head and then started back up the stairs to the bedroom.  Settling back in Gabriel waited and waited, he could hear the rapid typing on the laptop followed by mumbled cursing.  A few minutes turned into almost an hour and the pale light of Liam’s desk lamp still burned and it was the last thing Gabriel saw before he fell back asleep.

“Here’s your tea, your allergy medicine, your antibiotics and a vitamin.” Liam set the tray down next to Gabriel. “I made some toast but you should really be eating more, so I’ll make eggs if you want.  I’m also brewing coffee but I know you like tea when taking medicine and…”

Gabriel reached out grasping Liam’s hand.  “Dearest, I’m feeling better, and while I appreciate your care, please think of yourself. You never came to bed last night.” Gabriel’s eyes were downcast.

Liam swallowed against a hard pain in his stomach.  “I know love, I’m sorry, I just…” Sighing, he sat next to Gabriel on the bed. “I’m so behind, Cordy’s been accommodating but…” His hands began to shake, his heart thumped against his chest, and the low craving for a cigarette rose again. Liam shook his head forcing out that thought. “I’ve so much to do.” He whispered.  

Gabriel cupped his hands in Liam’s which, he suddenly realized, felt warmer. “Please rest if only for a bit, Cordelia will understand.”

If only he could resist those gorgeous eyes. “Fine but I can’t promise I’ll sleep.” Liam said crawling over Gabriel to his side of the bed. Right as his head hit the pillow, the room spun, Liam grunted and pulled his body in closer. He then felt Gabriel’s warm cardigan draped over him like a blanket.

“I’m here dear, please rest.”  Gabriel’ soft voice sounded miles away. Liam’s heavy eyes fluttered closed as his body finally succumbed.

Sleep only lasted a few hours, in the afternoon Liam was once again perched at his desk, typing, editing, deleting, cursing at his laptop. An empty coffee mug sat next to him, he’d drank three cups since waking up.  

Gabriel, against Liam’s wishes, had moved down to the couch so he could keep an eye on his dearest. Even though the professor was still a bit weak on his feet, the leftovers Liam had made last night he’d eaten for lunch, brought back much of his strength.  

“Fuck.” Liam hissed then slapped Skype closed. “Bryce, I’m in no mood for your bullshit.” He said to the blinking notification. “I’ll do the editing myself.” Liam’s knee twitched rapidly beneath his desk.  

Gabriel rose walking over to his partner. “Dearest you know I’m never one to side with Bryce but isn’t his job editing?” Gabriel rested his hands on Liam’s shoulders, he could feel the tension building.

“Yes.” Liam replied with a sigh as he ran a hand over his face and sniffed. “But he’ll tear what I have apart, it’s his thing, I need to…” Suddenly everything went black for a split second. Liam blinked trying to focus his vision on his desk.  

“Liam dear!” Gabriel grabbed into the writer who slumped over. “Heavens, you’re burning up.” He threw Liam’s arm over his shoulder and dragged him to the couch.

“M’fine…” The writer mumbled wishing the room would stop spinning. Laying down on the couch, he quickly huddled near Gabriel who laid a blanket over him.  

“Dearest, I’m going to fetch a thermometer, medicine and a cloth, I know how awful your fevers can get.” Gabriel spoke softly while stroking Liam’s hair.

He wanted to reply, tell his sky he was okay but words wouldn’t form in his dry mouth. Liam’s eyes fluttered, a few minutes later Gabriel’s form appeared again.  Liam felt the thermometer glide over his forehead.  

A distinctive sigh came from Gabriel as he read the thermometer. “101.9. Here I’ll assist you with the medicine.”

Liam’s trembling hand held onto the glass as he swallowed painkillers. He leaned on Gabriel’s shoulder and pulled the blanket around him.  “Just a… break…” His voice no more than a whisper, “I need to…” Everything was growing dark, Liam fought to keep his eyes open.

“You’ll rest Liam James.” Gabriel said in his teacher voice but pulled the writer closer around him.  “You’ve done enough taking care of me, it’s drained you.” He gently placed a cool cloth on the writer’s forehead, Liam winced.

“Cold.”  He said huddling closer to his boyfriend.

“I know dear.” Gabriel kissed the mop of unruly hair, it was the last thing Liam remembered.

Liam woke with a pulsating headache knocking at his temples and a throat on fire.  Thankfully they had lozenges but they only brought a small amount of relief. Liam laid bundled on the couch, staring unfocused at the television, he wasn’t sure what he was watching.  

“Here dearest, can you sit up?” Gabriel asked kneeling down.  

Giving a weary nod, Liam pushed up with assistance from Gabriel who had brought him more medicine, honey lemon tea and some toast.  “I refrained from burning the toast this time.” Gabriel smiled happily. Liam twitched a smile, seeing his quirky professor pleased over the smallest things brought more relief than any medicine.  “What else do you need my dear?” Gabriel sat next to his sick love.

“I need to work.”  Liam’s voice scraped his throat, a dry cough into his fist followed.

“Absolutely not.” Gabriel’s voice was stern as he handed Liam the tea.  “This will help your throat.”

The sweet liquid and touch of honey finally brought warmth to the writer. “You brew the best tea.”  Liam sighed leaning against Gabriel. Even with the tea the tickle in his sore throat wouldn’t subside, Liam coughed again and grimaced when he cleared it.  “I feel awful.” He sighed.

Gabriel adjusted the blanket so it better fit around his partner.  “I know dear, try to relax.”  

“It’s hard to relax with a pounding pain in your head and chest.” Liam quipped as he closed his eyes.  “Thankfully you’re just what I need.” He curled his aching head onto Gabriel’s lap. The professor softly stroked Liam’s hair and face.

Liam slept for nearly two days straight, when he finally woke up his fever had finally broke but now he was terribly behind in work.  The dull ache bubbled in his stomach again as he staggered to his laptop.

“Liam dear, please, you need food and to stay hydrated!” Gabriel helped his partner up who’d collapsed half way to the desk.

“Gabriel Lane, I appreciate everything you’ve done but I need to contact Cordy, she’s probably wondering why I haven’t responded to any of her messages…. oh god, what if she fires me…I can’t work in an office building you know…”  Liam’s words began running together as his anxiety worsened.

“Dearest, dearest, take a breath, in and out, in and out.” Gabriel slowly felt Liam’s body relax.  “Look at me.” He met his ochre eyes with his sky blue. “Everything is taken care of.”

Liam’s browed knitted, “Wh-what?”  

“I spoke with Cordelia after you fell ill.  She allowed me to finish your works as a Special Guest Author and I edited them to forgo dealing with Bryce.”  Gabriel smiled at his partner as he helped him back to the couch. “Now you’ve plenty of time to recover fully.” He kissed Liam’s cheek.

Shocked and at a loss for words, Liam simply sat down.  “Y-You did all this for me, love?” He coughed again. “B…But, how I mean…why…I…”

“Shhh dear.”  Gabriel’s long fingers traced Liam’s hairline. “As an English professor, it wasn’t a factitious request to ask.  I merely yearned to take some of the weight you bare off your shoulders.”

“You’re so wonderful.” Liam replied then cradled his head.  “I’m happy since writing with a headache probably wouldn’t be the best idea.  Do we have anything to eat?” He asked Gabriel who suddenly looked away.

“I well…” The professor cleared his throat. “I attempted to make eggs but sadly they went up as an offering to Hestia.”  Gabriel blushed. “We do have cereal.”

“If we have Coco Crisps, I’ll love you forever.” Liam smiled and laid back on the couch.

Gabriel frowned as he pushed up, “Now dear, you’ve recovering I’m not allowing you to devour such a sugary unhealthy breakfast.  I’ll find you a better selection…honestly how can one person thrive on such…” Gabriel’s muttering continued into the kitchen.  Liam chuckled a little which triggered another dry cough but he felt better than he had in a few days, mostly thanks to his wonderful boyfriend.

End

Awww. Lovely Liam. Pushing himself to breaking. Yay for Gabriel to the rescue!

Liam pushing himself so much was great to read (it was bad for poor Liam though); and Gabriel's worry and caretaking was sweet. And what a good idea to do the writing for his boyfriend! I'm sure it was extraordinary and flawless. :wub:

Oh my word! I love it ❤️ Liam is so cute! Gabriel's sweetness and caretaking is just too adorable ❤️! I hope we get to see a stubborn sick sneezy again! 

Loved this on tumblr. ❤️ Gabriel is so sweet to contact Cordy and finish Liam's work. 

@AngelEyes Gabriel to the rescue was a prompt from @happybunny I think on tumblr, I loved the idea of Fessor fixing everything :D

@Hedgehog Oh I'm sure it was, Gabriel should consider being a professional ;)

@Puzzle Glad you liked it!  I'll try to write more sick!Liam in the future

@Subtly Clashing Wishes thank you! :heart:

OK OK I KEEP FORGETTING TO POST THIS!!  The amazing artist kotyonoksnz has done a few commissions for me of Gabriel and I FINALLY remembered to link one. Gabriel Lane in all his sneezy glory UNF LOOK AT HIM!! :heart:

Ok I actually do have a drabble too, this was an anon prompt from tumblr wanting G with a bad fever navigation public transit with Liam.

~~~~

“Gabriel….Gabriel Lane stay with me.”  Liam was nearly falling over bearing most of his boyfriends weight.  “We’re almost there.” 

“Yes…dear.”  The professor voice no more than a whisper.  Gabriel leaned his hot head against Liam’s who hissed at how warm his poor sky was. 

After a long agonizing walk from the loft to the bus stop, in which Gabriel had almost collapsed twice, the two finally sat on the bus which was air conditioned.  “C-cold.”  Gabriel murmured as he buried his face into Liam’s neck.  

“I know, love.  I know.  We’re almost there.”  Liam wrapped his arm around Gabriel hoping to stop some of the shivering.  The pair got a few looks from fellow passengers as well, Liam tried keeping his eyes downcast.  Gabriel looked like death warmed over, pale with red splotches dotting his cheeks.  Liam truly hadn’t wanted to remove Gabriel from their bed but as the professor’s fever continued to rise and medication not helping, the writer finally made the decision to leave. 

Suddenly the bus screeched to a halt, Liam used all his strength to keep himself from falling over.  Passengers looked out their windows and a faint hush of questions filled the air. 

“Folks, it appears there’s an accident up a head.  Road is closed.”  The driver said into the speaker.

Liam’s teeth clenched as he cursed.  The clinic was still a few blocks away.  Looking down at Gabriel who was breathing heavily as a sweat drop ran down his ashen face, Liam bit his lip.  “Come on love.”  He positioned himself under Gabriel’s arm.  “I need you to try to stand.”

“Can’t…tired…” Gabriel’s speech slurred. 

“I know but please…”  Liam’s heart began to race.  “We need to get there.”

The driver opened the door for passengers who wanted to exit.  Slowly and steady as he could, Liam maneuvered out with Gabriel in tow.  The professor’s shaking was increasing as they walked down the sidewalk.

“Dearest…I need…”  Whatever Gabriel needed was lost in mumbled speech, Liam continued to assure his love they were almost there.  Gabriel’s hot body roasted against Liam.

Finally, Liam saw a cab and hailed it, nearly dropping Gabriel in the process.  “Inside Gabriel Lane…almost there.”  Gabriel slumped over in the back seat and the driver gave Liam a concerned look.

“Fourth Street Clinic, pronto!”  Liam shouted as he pulled Gabriel back near him.  Pulling the handkerchief he kept in his back pocket out, Liam softly wiped the sweat off Gabriel’s forehead and face.  Almost there…

The commission of Gabriel is marvelous. :wubsmiley:

Oh poor man! I'm glad Liam hailed a cab. (Why didn't he do that in the first place?) Do we get an update once Liam gets Gabriel back home?

• 1 month later...

@AngelEyes @Puzzle @Subtly Clashing Wishes Thank you :heart:

This was a prompt I got on tumblr, anon wanted Gabriel taking care (possibly surprising) Liam after he'd had a bad day. @Juto's OC, CJ makes a cameo.  Enjoy~

~~~~

Night At The Museum

Liam stood in the small hallway leading to his front door. The subtle shake of his hand caused him to ball his fist tightly. Gabriel, who had finished pulling his coat from the closet, came up behind him. His soft hands resting on Liam’s shoulder.

“Ready dear?” Gabriel asked, noting his partners white knuckles. Slowly, he moved forward, keeping one hand on Liam’s shoulder, the other cupping the writer’s hand. “If you’re unsure, we…”

“No no…” Liam’s voice wavered as a breathy sigh escaped. “I need this…” Wrapping his arm around Gabriel’s, Liam exhaled again trying to keep the anxiety at bay.

Gabriel escorted his partner down stairs to a waiting cab which took them down by the riverfront. Liam leaned his exhausted head on the cool window, his eyes fixed on the peaceful water.

Liam swallowed hard before letting out a deep sigh. The hand still holding his boyfriend’s squeezed the palm. “Thank you, love. I needed this.” He whispered as he turned back to Gabriel who was smiling.

“Of course dearest but I have an additional surprise for you.” The professor replied, his sky blue eyes sparkling. Confused, Liam noticed the cab turning to head downtown.

A few minutes later the cab pulled up to the Newhaven Museum. Liam paled, the dull ache in his stomach rose. “N-no love…please…” He stammered as Gabriel opened the car door. “I-I can’t…I can’t be a-around people today…I..” Liam’s pulse quickened, his mouth went dry at the thought of anyone seeing him suffering through an anxiety episode.

“Liam dear, look at me.” Gabriel placed his hands on the sides of his partner’s clammy face. “Look at my eyes.” His calm voice soothed Liam who finally made eye contact with those beautiful sky blues. “Have faith my dear.”

Liam swallowed and managed a nod. “I do.” He whispered hoarsely, clearing his throat. Gabriel took Liam’s arm, leading him toward the museum but to the writer’s shock, they walked the grass lined path to the rear of the building. Confused, Liam was about to question when the back door opened.

With his striking black hair, which matched his suit, Theo’s assistant, CJ stood before them. “Magister. Scribe.” He said with a hint of a smile as the two walked in. “Everything is set, if you’ll follow me.” CJ started down one of the back hallways, away from any lingering museum guests. “We will be closing soon but you may ignore that, the room is free for as long as you please.”

“R-room?” Liam was still in shock to where they were. The dim lights of the hallway brought a sense of calm over him. Aside from CJ speaking, the only sounds were their footsteps striking the marble floor.

Approaching large elaborately decorated doors, CJ turned to his guests. “Enjoy yourselves.” He said before pulling one of the doors open.

“My eternal gratitude, CJ. Thank the curator as well.” Gabriel bowed to the assistant then led his still confused partner in.

The ceiling of the spacious room was lined with red satin, items from the Greek era including small statues and pottery sat on pedestals around the room. The only lights were sconces illuminating the art.

“Gabriel Lane, what?” Liam was in awe, he spun around taking in all the aesthetic the room offered. He then saw a blanket on the ground with a basket sitting on it.

“I wished to take you out to dinner.” Gabriel started as he removed his coat. “However, it’s difficult to reserve a private room at many of the restaurants we enjoy. So I rang CJ for help. In exchange for my lecture services, I commandeered this room for some after hours dining.” Gabriel approached his partner. “It pains me when your anxiety disrupts your life, I hoped this would help a bit.”

Tears welled in Liam’s brown eyes, his lip quivered as he looked at the man he loved the most. “You…are amazing, my love.” Grasping ahold of the professor, Liam buried his face now wet with tears into Gabriel’s shoulder. “Thank you.”

“De rein, mon cher.” Gabriel replied, stroking Liam’s hair.

• 1 month later...

Back with an update. Commission from tumblr who wanted sick!Liam visiting G.

~~~~

The train ride seemed endless.  Every glance at his phone, time seemed to add on.  Liam hunched in his hoodie, folded his arms across his chest.  He’d finally managed to stop shivering almost halfway to Prim. His weary eyes, hung with bags, glanced at the passing landscape as the train sped by.  Only a few more hours.

Having only brought a small duffle bag - and thankful he hadn’t forgotten it - Liam threw it over his shoulder and quickly exited the train car.  The whipping wind smacked his fevered face in the open air station. Immediately he began to shiver again accompanied with teeth chattering. Muffling a cough into his hoodie sleeve, he began the long walk to Davenport.  With the school year a good month into session, the only people on the streets were residents of Prim and students. Hiking his hood over his dirty blonde hair, Liam stuck his freezing hands in his pockets. The chilly air caused his stuffy nose to run, sniffling didn’t do much, Liam kept needing to rub and wipe it using the handkerchief that he normally kept for Gabriel.  Sorry, love. He apologized internally as he softly blew his nose. Hopefully his boyfriend wouldn’t need it.

As he passed Grace’s, Liam’s body screamed for a warm coffee to melt some of the growing ice forming in his bones.  However, he didn’t feel like explaining his appearance to Grace, knowing how awful he looked. Sniffling again, running the back of his gloved hand over his nose, Liam hoped his exhausted legs would get him all the way to Gabriel’s.  A rough dry cough scrapped his throat causing him to wince as he cleared it.

Davenport’s old brick buildings finally came into view.  Gabriel’s flat was just on the other side but as Liam stood at the fork in the pathway, he turned into the biting wind, lowering his head and headed toward Berkley Hall.  A quick flip of his phone told him Gabriel’s class hadn’t started yet. Ignoring the weakness slowing consuming his body, Liam trudged to the hall, masking another crackling dry cough in his arm.

The blast of warm air as Liam entered did not bring much relief.  Shivering terribly, Liam sat down on a nearby bench. Exhaustion finally getting the better of him; his legs nothing more than heaps of jelly.  It took all his remaining energy not to simply lay down on the hard bench. The thought of seeing his love, physically touching Gabriel’s soft lips and running his icy fingers through that gorgeous grey hair, gave the sick writer enough strength to push up.  A few paces forward, Liam’s sniffles got the better of him, he pinched his nose but a few stifles managed to get through.

H’dnxt!

Heh...hh’xxkt...ah

K’dnh’dt

“Fantastic.” He muttered hoarsely, fiercely rubbing his runny nose against the back of his hand.

The door to Gabriel’s lecture room finally came into view.  Liam pushed through, a few students had arrived. This was one of the few times Liam was happy to blend in with people; his appearance passed for a college student.  No one bothered looking up from their phones as he staggered down the back row of seats, slumping into the farthest. He leaned against the cold cement wall triggering a chill throughout his body. A cough shook his shoulders, thankfully Liam managed to conceal it.  His knee twitched in anticipation, Gabriel would be here soon. A few more students filled the room, time still a snail's pace, Liam rested his head against the wall ignoring the chill coming off it, it felt nice against his hot face.

His nose twitched, Liam crinkled it not wanting to remove his cold hand from his pocket to rub it. Sadly, the sensation wouldn't go away, even a hard rub on his sleeve. Inhaling sharply he stifled again.

Nd’dnxht...ah

He needed to blow his nose but too many students in his general area made that impossible, Liam would continue to sniffle softly.

Finally about ten minutes before class was scheduled to start, the side door opened. Liam’s heart fluttered, his body slowly sank deeper into the chair as his quirky professor strolled in. Gabriel dressed in a lovely navy blue suit with matching vest, pocket watch chain dangling from it. His light grey shirt accentuated by a burgundy bow tie. The smile which had melted onto Liam's face watching his boyfriend set up for class quickly faltered as his expression slacked.

H’kxnd

Nx’dhx’t...ah

A dry cough followed which Liam masked into the back of his wrist. He looked up worried Gabriel had heard him but his love was propped against his desk while speaking to a student. Sighing, Liam sniffled again and rubbed his nose. He wasn't sure how long he'd be able to keep his cold at bay. Pinching the bridge of nose, he slowly then massaged his eyes, praying he wouldn't fall asleep. Exhaling triggered another hoarse crackling cough which he only half muffled, the fit took all his breath forcing him to bend forward.  His chest ached as his lungs expelled the sickness. A minute later Liam regained his breath but his hand curled into a ball, he was sure he attracted attention from the few students around him. Just as he was about to look a up, a beautiful voice broke through the low chatter.

“Are you feeling alright? Do you need water?” Gabriel's voice floated up from the lower area.  Liam slowly looked up locking his red rimmed brown eyes with those heavenly sky blue ones.

The look of surprise as Liam's face came into recognition wasn't lost on anyone, all eyes were on Gabriel.

“Dearest...” Gabriel breathed then rushed up the tiered stairs, tripping slightly over one step as he made his way to the back row.

“Hello, love.” Liam croaked before coughing. Gabriel's hand flew to his forehead, the cool sensation and the gentle touch was nearly too much.

“Liam dear...” Gabriel's blue eyes darted with worry as he took hold of his beloved. “You’re burning up.” The pain in his boyfriend's voice stung Liam's heart.

“I know. I feel right...awful.” Even in his state Liam mimicked Gabriel's tone. “You feel wonderful.” He said as the professor slowly pulled him into a standing position.

“Walk with me, here watch your step.” They slowly made their way out the door, Gabriel informed his students he'd be return shortly. “Dearest, why didn’t you simply go to my flat?” Gabriel asked once out in the hall.

Liam shrugged, “Needed...to see...you...” Exhausted, he hoped Gabriel would lead him as keeping his eyes open became impossible.

Gabriel muttered incoherently but held tightly onto his sick partner. A few moments later Liam heard a door squeak open. “Here, dear.” Gabriel helped Liam into a room, there was a counter complete with sink and microwave, a small round table with chairs and a sofa.  Easing his partner down on the couch, Gabriel knelt beside Liam. “I'll fetch a blanket.”

The old couch was lumpy but Liam didn't care, he could finally sleep. He huddled, pulling his body closer before another crackling cough scrapped his throat again.  Suddenly warmth covered him, Gabriel had returned with the blanket. “Oh mon cher.” Gabriel ruffled the hair around Liam's temple. “Hold on.”

Liam weakly opened one eye to see what Gabriel was doing but his blurry vision wouldn't focus. He heard water running and glasses clinking then some of Gabriel's patented cursing and a thunk. A small hint of a smile formed.

“If you could sit up just a smidge.” Gabriel returned with water. “Thankfully we store a few different varieties of medicine here. I found a fever reducer.” Gabriel held the glass as Liam drank.

The cool water put out some of the fire in his throat but Liam still winced as he drank. “Thank you...love.” He sighed laying back down.”I'll be..fine...go to your...class.”

Gabriel nodded while cupping his hand on Liam's face. “Rest my dear. I'll return soon then take you home where I will cater to your every whim.” He softly kissed his partner's hot face. “Je t'aime.”

“Love you...” Liam whispered before falling asleep.

End

Archived