Sneeze Fetish Forum

Kaze Wo Hiku

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

Slight cross post. This was done for @Sinister Cries + Wails Kiss prompt thread. 

~~~~

Title: In Sweet Slow Motion

Prompt: This Kiss - Faith Hill

Pairing: Liam/Gabriel 

“Keep your scarf up love, last thing we need is you catching a chill.” Liam glanced quickly over at the professor who obliged tugging the sky blue garment, which matched his eyes, up around to his chin. The wind though mostly shielded by the surrounding buildings still managed to snake around them, while the pair cut through Rochester Park, rustling the nearby trees.  The falling leaves crunching beneath their feet.

“Yes dear, I do wish you'd worn a warmer coat.” Gabriel eyed his partner's trademark black music hoodie as they turned the corner onto 4th Street.

Liam smiled brushing his hand across his nose, sniffing lightly. “I'm fine love, promise. Plus we're not far from home.”  The couple braved the chilly autumn weather for dinner as Gabriel would be returning to Davenport in a few days.  A night of delicious food, some drinks, laughter and basking in each other's company relieved some of the anxiety weighing Liam down lately. He adored autumn but that meant his quirky professor would be leaving.

Reaching his hand over Gabriel grasped the writer's palm in his own pulling him close. “Then keep me warm please.”  He replied exhaling a shivery breath. “I'm flabbergasted that I haven't fallen ill yet, I'm hoping to finally break my abominable streak of luck when returning to work.” His face fell slightly as previous year memories flooded his mind.

“Gabriel Lane you'll be fine.” Liam sniffed running his hand over his nose again.

“I hope so my dear.” Hunching his shoulders, hoping to shield his grey hair from wind, Gabriel drew his coat lapels up.

Returning to the warmth of their loft, Gabriel threw his coat and scarf over the back of the chair as Liam removed a bottle of wine, a gift he'd gotten years ago from someone, probably Cordy.  Uncorking it he poured two glasses handing one to his boyfriend dressed in that impeccable grey three piece suit. Liam had personally requested Gabriel wear it tonight, add the white shirt and shale colored bowtie, it had been a challenge not to simply gawk at the older man the entire night.  Greying and gorgeous definitely described his boyfriend.

“Cheers, love.” Liam raised his glass clinking it against Gabriel’s who smiled before taking a drink. “Wow that's good. I'm not a wine fan but damn.”

A chuckle escaped Gabriel who nodded, “It’s quite flavorful, not insipid in the least.” He set the glass on the counter, “No more for me dear, I need to be coherent to finish packing.”

“One,” Liam started refilling his own glass, “I'm going to assume insipid means good.” A smile parted his lips hearing his boyfriend scoff. “Two, if another glass inhibits your packing then drink up.” He tilted the bottle toward Gabriel's glass who immediately drew it pack.

“Dearest.” Holding the word Gabriel forced his tone to remain light.

Liam smiled running his finger across his nose, “Joking Gabriel Lane.  Just because I’m aware you're leaving d-d--ek-tnxxt...” He buried his face into the crook his arm. “Excuse me.”

Gabriel's eyes widened, “Gesundheit dear. Are you feeling well?”

Sniffling, Liam nodded. “Fine love, no need to bless me remember.”

Flushing a deep red Gabriel ran his hand through his hair. “Apologies dear I forgot, you do it so infrequently.”

“No worries love.” Liam took another sip. “You sure you don't want anymore?” He jiggled the bottle in his hand.

“I'm fine, Liam dear, please limit yourself as well.” The professor’s brow crinkled as his partner finished the glass.

“Yes love I will, it's just...this is good, tastes like spiked fruit punch.  Plus a little drink eases the nerves.” Liam cocked his head winking at his boyfriend who merely shook his head.

“Understandably my dearest but...” Gabriel's speech was cut short as Liam’s head dipped back into his hoodie sleeve.

Ndhn’dx!

Hn’xdht!

Nh'xxdt!

Tsch’xnt!

Standing back up, Liam ran his fingers underneath his watering eyes. “What the hell?”  Sniffing thickly he barely wiped away the tears before his brown eyes clouded again.

“Liam dear!” The concern vibrating in Gabriel's voice cracked the writer's heart.

Trying his best to form any type of reply, Liam blinked wishing his vision would clear. Feeling a soft hand grip his arm he forced a smile but knew it looked more like a grimace. “I'm fine love.”

“Don't be absurd dear you are far from fine.” The professor’s forehead creased with worry.  

Shuffling past the older man Liam grabbed several tissues from the box sitting on the end table. Giving his nose a hard blow lessened some of his congestion. Another quick wipe of his eyes against his sleeve, which still streamed some tears, they felt itchy and oddly dry.  Rubbing his nose with the tissues he turned back to Gabriel who now stood next to him. “See.” He sniffed again, “Nothing to worry about.”

Frowning Gabriel crossed his arms as Liam walked back into the kitchen grabbing his glass.

“What?” The younger man asked taking another drink.

“That was an allergy attack.” The professor stepped forward locking his brilliant blues with Liam's ochre.

Scoffing the writer nearly dropped the glass, reflexes slightly lowered, “Gabriel Lane don't be ridiculous!” Sniffing hard again he fought against the awful itch aggravating his eyes.

“Dearest remember who you're conversing with.” Gabriel raised an eyebrow. “Your eyes are red, puffy and watering. You're sneezing, sniffling and rubbing your nose, you're allergic to something.”

Rolling his burning eyes Liam turned mostly so his boyfriend wouldn't see him wipe them quickly. “Yes I am allergic to something, shellfish, which I haven't eaten.” His nose tickled but he refused to acknowledge it.  “Plus I get hives, not this.”

Before Gabriel could answer, Liam dipped forward again, sneezing wetly into his hand.

Hn’xdht!

Nh'xxdt!

Tears streaming down his face he dug into his pocket for the tissues.

“For goodness sakes dear, you have a handkerchief in your back pocket.” Gabriel said.

Tissues soggy from tears and sneezing, Liam shook his head. “That's yours.”

Reaching behind his partner Gabriel plucked the handkerchief, “Now is not the time to be pertinacious, here.” Gently placing the cloth into Liam's hand, he kissed a tear from the writer's face.  “Come with me.”

Looping his fingers in Gabriel's, Liam was led back to the kitchen bar stools. Scratching at his eyes the younger man sighed before blowing his nose again. “This is hell.” He sniffed then ran his hand under his eyes again. Throat screaming he took another swig of wine.

“Dearest are you sure you're not allergic to anything besides shellfish.” Gabriel ran his hands through Liam's unruly sandy blond hair clearing it from his face.

Managing a nod before his expression slacked Liam covered his running nose with the handkerchief.

Eh’tnxxt!

H'nnxsh!

Growling he scrubbed his nose cursing how the awful itchy feeling lodged in his sinuses wouldn't lessen. “Yes love, I had an allergy test as a kid after I reacted to shrimp.” Liam dug his palm into his eye desperately trying to clear his blurred vision. Suddenly a box appeared before him.

“Here.” Gabriel held out two pills. “I don't say this often but thanks to me I know we have Benadryl on hand. Swallow with water.”

Another wipe of his nose with the handkerchief Liam sighed palming the medicine downing it followed with water which put out some of the fire in his throat.  Exhaling hard he set the water bottle back on the counter. “God my eyes hurt.” He muttered wiping them with the ends of the handkerchief.

“You’re quite flushed dear, I’m going to ring Darian and...”

“No no don’t.” Liam really did not want Nick finding out about this. “Let’s see if the Benadryl works before we go bothering him.”

Gabriel exhaled but did not argue only gave a very disapproving teacher look..

“If this is how you feel during allergy season...” Liam started before his voice simply trailed off, the edges of his nose had begun to sting from rubbing.

“Lovely isn’t it.” Gabriel replied softly stepping forward resting his hand on Liam’s back. “So you admit it’s allergies?”

Shrugging the writer sniffed before rubbing his nose fiercely.  “You’re the expert, sorry.” He felt his boyfriend’s hand falter, “If you say it is I believe you but the bigger question is-s-s ugh-h-hh'nkk! Ugh my head is starting to hurt.”  Liam leaned into Gabriel who ran circles over his back, the professor giving off all the comfort he desired.  His head fell slightly before he caught it.  “Sorry wine is taking effect.”

Suddenly Gabriel gasped pulling back enough Liam’s hand braced against the other stool.  “Oh my stars that’s it!  Oh my dear I’m sorry.” He flushed quick stepping back over to Liam who waved him off.

“What’s it, love?” The writer asked as Gabriel hurried over and grabbed his Kindle off the table.  

Smiling the professor placed his glasses on his face and began typing when he returned to the counter. “While living in France, Michael and I had an acquaintance, he worked on a vineyard.”

Nodding Liam flinched at the mention of Gabriel’s ex but the older man didn’t seem to notice as he flipped pages on the tablet.

“The vineyard produced delicious wine, mostly red, however our friend, oh dear what was his name,” Looking up Gabriel stared off into space, trying to coax the name out with a wave of his hand. “Jules...Julian...goodness Gabe it was ages ago but even you should be able to remember...”

“Gabriel Lane.” Liam said tiredly jolting his boyfriend back.  The blush he received nearly matched the wine remaining in the glass.

“Forgive me dear, suffice it to say he wasn’t able to partake in the actual drinking of the wine because....” The professor’s finger traced the lines of the Kindle screen momentarily. “Ah ha! Because he was allergic to it.” Smiling, Gabriel removed his glasses and turned the tablet to Liam who raised an eyebrow.

“Allergic to wine?” He sniffed hard pinching his nose quickly between his thumb and first finger.  “Are you sure?”  Hell or high water Liam was not sneezing again.  Vision still tear stained, the screen took a moment before coming into view.  The article read Wine: The Allergy You Didn’t Know You Had.  

Gabriel held out the water bottle, “Unquestionably. I remember researching it given my issues but thankfully I never had any reactions.  It’s quite uncommon.  Here drink this, let’s work on getting it out of your system.”

Massaging his eyes Liam decided just to take Gabriel’s word for it, he was in no mood to read anything. “Perfect, no wonder my nose itched earlier. Must have started during dinner.” Another hard blow into the handkerchief only spiked the headache forming.  “I feel awful.” He whined resting his head against the counter.

“Oh my dearest, let’s get you to bed.” Gabriel held out his hand for Liam who, still feeling the other effects of the wine, tripped a bit landing directly against the professor’s chest.  “Oh!” The older man gasped grabbing onto his partner.

Embarrassed at his own clumsiness paired with ruining the night, Liam felt as if he and Gabriel switched roles for the evening. “Apologies dear.” He hadn't meant to blush but suddenly his face burned looking up at those magnificent blues.

“Mon amour,” Gabriel's breath caressed his neck as the professor ran a hand over his cheek.  Leaning in Gabriel's lips playfully touched Liam's, “Jamais des excuses pour être vous.”

At that moment time slowed along with Liam's breathing, the only sensation Gabriel's soft lips lightly brushing his own.

Hand positioned behind his partner's neck, Gabriel pulled his beloved into a kiss smiling that he could still taste that sweet wine on his dearests lips.

END

~~~~

The French translates to "My love. Never apologize for being you" ;)

Hedgehog reading this story...

Ohhhh, Liam's going to get sick? :o:tongue_smilie::wub:

Um... no, it's just allergies... :unsure::ohwell:

But alright... It's Liam and Gabriel - so I still like it. ;)

I love stories where there is one character who always has the allergies, and then the other person has something happen and is like, OMG, how do you deal with this all the time? Favorite trope! Loved it. And it was Libriel. So bonus!

• 2 weeks later...

@hedgehog I am working on something involving Liam :)

@AngelEyes Heh Liam finally gets some insight.

@ZombieArty22 it does exist, tho I indulged a bit for poor Liam :lol:

Because I felt the need for some Fessor.

~~~~

Title: One Call Away

Prompt: One Call Away - Charlie Puth

Pairing: Liam/Gabriel  (Gabriel-centric)

The bedside clock must have been incorrect, it couldn't be this early. Blinking tiredly Gabriel squinted while clutching his handkerchief over his nose. No the clock really said 4:00am.

A quick gasped forced his eyes closed the professor’s head dipped forward to his chest.

Ehh’kctshew!

Ehe'hxxxtsoo!

Letting out a groan Gabriel shifted, aggravated nose still buried in the cloth.  Blinking his breath hitched hard, no amount of pressing quelled that incessant tickle which had woken him.

Eh...EH...Heh’ehtscheww!

Nh'xxdt!

Gabriel sat up blowing his nose giving it a good rub in the process. The cantankerous professor was used to his awful morning routine but rarely did it wake him this early.  Before he could even compose himself again, his nose flared, a sharp inhale produced another hard sneeze into his depleted handkerchief.

Heh’ehtscheww!

“Enough Gabe.” He grumbled sleepily rubbing his finger against his eye wiping the collected sleep.

Laying back down he pulled his comforter up, his heat not yet kicked on left his bedroom frightfully chilly.  Not needing a cold on top of this Gabriel buried himself beneath his blankets, blue eyes fluttering before he finally drifted off again.

The bedside clock must have been incorrect, it couldn't be this late. A quick second glance Gabriel shot up throwing the blanket off. 8:45am. Blast it he was late! Stumbling out of bed he tripped over a pile of clothes landing face first onto the carpet. Scrambling up he hissed running his left hand over the rug burn on his right arm.

Quickly he grabbed whatever clothes he had readily available in the closet, goodness he needed to do laundry. Liam always did his laundry. A blush surfaced as his dearests adorable face popped into his mind's eye while he threw a light blue dress shirt on.

Gabriel entered the bathroom, wincing at how red his complexion appeared, cheeks and nose flushed from his morning routine. As if on cue a tickle formed, Gabriel unable to grab a fresh handkerchief brought his sleeve up masking the wet sneezes.

Ehe'hxxxtsoo!

Oh my-y-y...Ehh’kctshew!

“Why me.” He whined fishing his tan bowtie around his collar. Normally the proper professor could knot one in his sleep, well had he gotten enough, today stiff fingers tied with anxiety over running late proved too much. Frustrated Gabriel tossed the tie on the sink and stomped out.  

Wall clock read 9:10, his class already started. Gabriel still sent out his “Late” email knowing, much like his dear, some of his students received emails on their little phones.  

Grabbing his coat, Gabriel stuffed his inhaler, a handkerchief and allergy medicine into the pocket. Just as his hand clasped the door handle, he turned running back down the hall.  His lungs yelled in protest but Gabriel grabbed his cardigan off the bedpost, his classroom chiller than normal lately, again he would not catch a cold.  Sadly all his running about finally caught up triggering an asthmatic breath.  Gabriel pressed his inhaler to lips breathing in the healing mist.  Lungs relaxed the scatter brained professor realized his briefcase wasn't next to the door. A quick search, basically Gabriel throwing everything in his front room around, he found it leaning against a bookcase.

Finally he was ready. Rushing to the door he was interrupted by his phone ringing. Blast it, who could be calling?  Gabriel debated on ignoring it, answering would only add to his tardiness.  Against his better judgement he ran reaching for the receiver.

“Hello?” He barely choked out.

“Gabriel Lane? Is everything okay?” The professor nearly dropped the phone hearing his partner's voice on the other end.

“Oh my dear, I...” Suddenly Gabriel remembered how late he was, “I'm sorry I cannot converse right now...I'm horribly...”

“Love...”

“Late, I slept just awful last night, I...”

“Gabriel, love...”

“Slept through my alarm and just barely got out my email so...”

“GABRIEL!”

The professor froze, tears welling in his weary eyes. “Why are you shouting?”

“Sorry love but I need to tell you something important.” Liam replied calmly.  

Gabriel wiped his eyes, “What?” He cried.

“It's Saturday.”

Although the words registered, Gabriel stared forward unable to reply.

“Love? You there?” Liam asked.

Nodding the embarrassed professor flushed beet red, “Yes. Thank you dear.”

Liam sighed, “Good thing I saw your email. I tried getting you on Skype but figured physically calling you might be easier.”

“You caught me in the nick of time dear.” Gabriel shrugged off his coat, the burning embarrassed feeling churning in his stomach forced him into a chair.  “I'm a right mess.”

“Now Gabriel Lane enough, it's an honest mistake, your students will understand.” Liam reassured.

“True.” Gabriel replied, “I’ll send....out...a...”

Pivoting away from the phone Gabriel buried his head into his elbow crook.

Hn’xdht!

Kn’xxt!

“Oh dear.” He pulled his handkerchief from the coat pocket rubbing his nose.

“Go back to bed love.  Call me when you wake up.” Liam said, “I love you.”

A smile formed as Gabriel rubbed his sensitive nose against the handkerchief again, “Yes my dear. I love you too.”

Setting the phone back on the receiver, Gabriel walked back down the hall toward his room ready to bury himself under his blanket.

Saturday. Unbelievable Gabe, even for you.

Ah *loool* Poor Gabe! This was so sweet! :lol:

5 minutes ago, Kaze wo Hiku said:

I am working on something involving Liam :)

:jumpy::thumbsupsmiley::notworthy::clapping::wub2:

It was adorable Kaze. Scatterbrained fessor is definitely a fave of mine, and the way he tearef up as Liam shouted his name was just heartbreakingly fessor-like. 

Wonderful :heart: 

On November 18, 2016 at 1:07 PM, Kaze wo Hiku said:

Saturday. Unbelievable Gabe, even for you.

Oh poor, poor Gabe. How horribly embarrassing. :blush: I'm sending tea and pizza and (if Liam will let me) kisses and hugs. Poor, poor punkin. :nosad:

@hedgehog;)

@Ju-OOooo-To Gabriel tearing up nearly got me :heart:

@ZombieArty22 same

@Sinister Cries + Wails I'm sure Liam won't mind.

@AngelEyes Thanks!

Somehow even when I try to focus on Barrett, Aiden just takes over :lol: No sneezing in this one.

~~~~

Title: Looking For Truth

Prompt: Ain't No Man - Avett Brothers

Pairing: Barrett/Aiden

Aiden downed his third glass of wine while aggressively hitting delete on his computer.  A message popped up in the corner.

Just heard, you'll be fine. You're Aiden Summerville.

Sighing Aiden hastily replied a quick thanks to Star.  Bringing his other tab back up the designer put in the new numbers but he was still over budget.

“Damnit!” He swore smacking the desk. Running a hand through his hair he leaned back staring at the ceiling. You're Aiden Summerville.  Phone buzzing jerked him back to reality.

“Yes?” He said tiredly. “What? No that’s...” His grip tightened around the cell.  “Send me the pictures now!” Clicking end, Aiden opened his email. A few minutes later after another loud curse, the diva headed for the kitchen. Something stronger than wine would be needed.  As he pulled down a tumbler glass, a pale tired Barrett appeared in the hall.

“Darling?” The lawyer stood deep circles beneath his eyes, hair tousled, the black robe sat disheveled on his shoulders barely covering the crimson pajamas.

“Retty.” The blond hands placed firmly on hips arching one out. “Why are you out of bed?”

Barrett brought a hand up massaging his forehead grimacing, the headache from earlier hadn't subsided. “What were you yelling about?” Walking forward he wrapped his robe around him.

Aiden sighed, “Delilah now wants the entry hall fireplace decorated as well but refuses to flinch on the budget.”

“Is that all?” Barrett hadn't meant to sound passive but given most of his partners tantrums he'd dealt with budget issues before.  This obviously was the wrong response as Aiden eyes widened in horror.

“Is that all? Is THAT all?” The shorter man threw his hands up before storming past the lawyer. “It’s the Kresge winter fundraiser! You have any idea who is going to be at this party? Star, Katrina, The Harrisons, Theo, Giovanni, Michael, and possibly Ambrosia Von Stahl!” Aiden whirled around hair slapping against his face. “If something goes wrong, if Delilah sees the smallest detail out of order, my career could be over!”

“Oh.” Barrett said hoarsely looking down. Head pounding, black spots danced in his vision. Instinctively he reached out hoping his hand hit the wall first.

Suddenly he felt a warm presence against him.  “Here babe, I've got you.” Barrett leaned heavily against his partner as Aiden guided him back down the hall.  “Rest, I promise I'll be quieter.”

The lawyer huffed lazily, “Of course darling.”

“Besides I need you well, this will be the first time I get to introduce you as my fiancé to everyone.” The designer let out an audible squeal at the end.

Had Barrett the energy an eye roll would have happened however he barely had enough strength to pull his legs onto the bed.  Laying back against the pillow, the lawyer felt the blanket up around him.  “Thank you darling.  You'll be fine.”

“And why is that?” Aiden remarked.

“Because you're Aiden Summerville.” Barrett slowly opened his weary eyes smiling up at the diva.

Bending down Aiden kissed his fiancé’s feverish forehead. “Get well Mr. Chase.”

Okay. Confession time. I love Libriel, but Aiden and Barrett are my absolute favorites of your OCs. Blasphemy, I know, but I am unrepentant. You could write anything with these two, sick or not, sneezes or not, and I would be thrilled. There I said it. Now I will go find a cave in which to shelter from the coming onslaught. 

3 hours ago, Kaze wo Hiku said:

Somehow even when I try to focus on Barrett, Aiden just takes over :lol: No sneezing in this one.

Yes, but it was such a sweet little piece... You're writing skills are amazing as always! :)

Hehe poor Aiden Summerville stressing over his career :lol: good thing Retry (though sick and cute) is there to reassure him :heart: 

I just adore this couple of yours :inlove: no matter how you write them. 

Heh, and thanks for that small nod to Theo ;) I'm sure he'd love to be there. 

Aw man! I've been away from the forums and from the stories section for a while.so glad you have new drabbles! ESPECIALLY SICK LIAM!!!! What a cutie he is. I love him??.

-the second one had me actually laughing out loud! How embarrassing is that? Haha

the last one was adorable with sick Rhetty. He's so much quieter and more subtle than his loudmouth partner! A cute couple for sure. Thanks for your work!

@Sanguine Cheerful Worrier No worries I'm well aware for feelingd for those two.

@hedgehog thank you!

@Juto Oh Theo had a great time ;)

@ZombieArty22 Diva Aiden is the best 

@happybunny glad you liked them :)

Hey.....look who's back ;)

~~~~

Title: Let Me In

Prompt: I Want To Come Over by Melissa Etheridge

Pairing: Vincent/Emmett

Snow fell settling onto Emmett’s shoulders as he stood staring at brick facade of the row house. Shivering he hunched hugging himself tighter. Adamaris’s footprints slowly disappeared from the snow, she'd left nearly 20 minutes ago. Emmett watched the car leave, Vincent standing in the door waving to her had burned more than he wanted to admit.

Vincent and his manager had been together before Emmett entered the picture. She'd also been the center of Emmett’s jealousy as the two continued to work together after their mutual break.  Truthfully the barista had no reason not to trust the musician however jealousy isn't an emotion that normally listens to reason.

Teeth now chattering, Emmett’s nose running he blew it into a small wad of tissues from his coat.

Decision time, either he summon the courage and knock or trudge home. Staying in the freezing winter weather, wind whipping through his hair, aggravating his asthma wasn't an option.

Sighing, he took one step closer. Then another. Shaking horribly, his nose running, he sniffed digging for his tissues.

Ek’ssshew!

Barely masking the sneeze in his wet tissues, Emmett wiped his nose definitely feeling more congested.  Squeezing his green eyes shut he pitched forward this time covering his mouth with his gloves.

Ek’thsc’heww!

“Damnit.” He swore rubbing his nose against his coat sleeve. Wet cold snow matting his hair sending droplets down his neck, Emmett started thinking this was a bad idea. Sadly he'd no time to retreat as his breath hitched again.

EH-Ehh’kctshew!

Ek’shew!

Sniffling his tissues did little good as his nose wouldn't stop. A breath caught in his throat triggering a raspy cough.

“Emmers?” A baritone voice said above him.

Emmett’s head shot up, Vincent stood a few steps up on the landing, his brown eyes directly on the barista.

“V-Vin...I-I...” Unable to summon an explanation, Emmett panicked stumbling back, slipping he landed hard on the snow covered ground.

“Em!” Vincent leaped over the rail grabbing onto his former boyfriend whose body shook.  “You'll catch pneumonia, come inside.” Gently he pulled Emmett close happy when he felt no resistance.

“S-S-orr-ry” Emmett closed his eyes leaning on the musician who led him inside.

Smiling Vincent pressed his lips to the shorter man's head, kissing away the snow. “Let's warm you up shall we.”

Oh dear... poor Emmett! (Would realy like to read a longer story of those two. And... can Vincent get sick, too?)

@hedgehog well I can't guarantee anything really long on them but the idea of sick Vincent does sound very tempting. :D

@Juto I know you do ;)

Quick drabble based on an idea that randomly popped into my head.

~~~~

Title: Never Meant To Cause You Trouble

Prompt: Trouble by Coldplay

Characters: Jasper and Noll featuring Gabriel

“This is boring.” Noll sighed leaning his head back against the couch.

Jasper half rolled his eyes not looking up from the book he was reading. Well trying to read. “You've mentioned that, I believe several times in the last half hour.” He paused turning the page. “You didn't have to come.”

The artist continued staring up, shoving his hands into his navy blue pullovers pockets. “And be alone with Celeste? I'd rather be bored out of my skull.”  Another heavy sigh, Noll sat back up adjusting himself as his hip began to stiffen.

Before Jasper could form a rebuttal, both heard a small cough behind them.  Each looked over to see a rumpled college professor, dressed in blue stripe pajamas standing about halfway down the stairs. Hair a mess, nose red and raw, Gabriel’s expression bore a mix of confusion and exhaustion.

“Ummm.” His weary watery eyes half open desperately trying to focus on the two people who weren't Liam.

Jumping up Jasper smiled walking to the stairs. “Hey Gabe, feeling better?”

“No.” He replied hoarsely, masking a brief cough into the back of his hand.  “Where’s my Liam?” The desperation in his weak voice wasn't lost on Jasper.

“Cordelia called him in, some emergency,” The taller man said keeping his tone light. “Liam didn't want you by yourself incase you needed something, so he asked us to come over.” Jasper half motioned to Noll on the couch.

Gabriel blinked as if the information his neighbor had given was taking its sweet time to register.  “I see.” Bringing his hand up he massaged his aching forehead. “42 years old Gabe and you're being babysat.” His eyes closed.

“Well I wouldn’t necessarily...”

“You're 42?” Both men looked over at the blond artist who finally spoke. Noll then turned his attention to Jasper. “Isn't your neighbor like...mid 20s or something?”

Gabriel let out an uncomfortable groan, before diverting his gaze to the floor as he rubbed his nose.

Jasper shot Noll a look that could have cut glass. Noll simply shrugged.

“Anyways,” Jasper ran his hand nervously through his black curly hair. “Do you need anything?”

Gabriel’s expression slacked as he raised a finger in the “just a moment” style.

Heh’nghxt!

Pinching his nose the stifle did not help the pounding headache.

“No.” He croaked out, resting a hand on the rail. “I'm going back to sleep.” He pivoted back up the stairs, “Did my Liam state when he'd return?” He asked looking at Jasper over his shoulder.

“Sorry no, but Liam said he wouldn't be more than a few hours.” Jasper said cheerfully hoping to bring some comfort to the distressed professor.

“Very well.” Gabriel replied trudging slowly back up towards his warm bed.

“If you need anything just ask.” Jasper said, Gabriel merely gave a half-hearted wave stating he'd heard.  As the older man disappeared, Jasper whipped back around to his best friend who shrugged again.  “Must you be a jerk to everyone?” He asked shaking his head.

Noll merely smirked.

"Where's my Liam?" - This was so sweet. :heart: And Noll being his usual self *lol* - Jasper should have known better... I only hope, Gabe doesn't start to think and hesitate again after this...

2 hours ago, Kaze wo Hiku said:

the idea of sick Vincent does sound very tempting. :D

Indeed - bariton singers with sick voices, right? :wub2: (Is he a singer? Not sure, I think, you only said "musician" - I've always imagined him singing in a band and playing a guitar. *g*)

Archived