Sneeze Fetish Forum

Kaze Wo Hiku

Aiden faking sick to get Barrett to come home so he can take care of him is a wonderful plot, so thanks @SpamKey and, of course, thank you Kaze!

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ohhhh Aidan, you sneaky little butt! I was wondering why he let Barrett go in so easily. I love their dynamic. This was exactly what I needed, I've been in such a mood for colds lately and Barrett had such a nice one. :wub: Though I'm sure the poor guy wouldn't call it nice.

This part was my favorite. Nothing cuter than using a blanket to cover a sneeze.

"Phease, dou’re neber dis nice ben sick. Nob thad I’m....”  He pulled the blanket up.

Hehtschew!

Het’tschew!

That second one is part 6 and I haven't read the first 5 parts so I guess I have a new assignment! 

@queenie Wasn't it??  Loved @SpamKey's request.

@AnonyMeows Aiden and Barrett's dynamic is one of the main reasons I adore these two, most of my OCs are complete opposites but I think it shows the most with them.

OK! Two drabbles for the price of one!  This is actually two parts to one story but I broke them up.  First part is for @Juto who requested nothing but fluff (oh dear...), second is for @happybunny who needed a sick!Liam fix.  Enjoy!

~~~~

Title: We Are the Lucky Ones

Prompt: Lucky by Bif Naked

Pairings: Liam/Gabriel

It was no secret Liam detested summer. As much as Gabriel and the cold didn't mix, the same went for him and hot weather.  Sadly he found himself ducking under every overhang he could avoiding the unforgiving sun while he walked to the pharmacy for his dear boyfriend.

A blast of air conditioning hit Liam as the doors automatically opened. Heading to the back he smiled at Clara.

“Professor’s sick again?” The light blonde haired pharmacist with the purple cat eye glasses asked.

Liam gave a heavy nod, “Sadly yes, Darian said it’s nothing more than a bad cold but gave him antibiotics anyways.” He replied as he sighed for them.

“Hope he feels better.” Clara smiled handing him the bag.  Liam returned the smile and left not happy with the heat wave that smacked him as he stepped outside. Thankfully his building was just around the corner so within minutes he returned to crisp cool air conditioning.

Opening the loft door he grabbed water from the fridge then hurried upstairs.  He found Gabriel exactly how he’d left him.  His ill boyfriend lay huddled in a blanket, handkerchief clutched tightly in his hand; the Kindle he'd been reading sat on the table next to his glasses. The professor opened an eye as Liam bent down.

“Here love.” He whispered stroking that beautiful grey hair. “This will help.”

Gabriel couldn’t even reply as he quickly brought his handkerchief up.

Ehh’tsscheww!

Sniffing hard he managed to get himself upright. “Thank you dear.” His hoarse voice lost from his cold. “I a-a-...”

Hehtscheww!

He sneezed again into his handkerchief. “Appreciate it.” Letting out a hard sigh Gabriel opened the medicine swallowing it with water.

Liam sat beside him, Gabriel leaned back resting his weary head against the writers chest. “This blasted summer cold.” He whined while rubbing his nose. “Leave it to Gabe to catch one.”

“Don't worry love, remember Darian said Nick had been sick too.” Liam said hoping to help as he ran his hand over his boyfriend's arm

Gabriel sounded as if was going to answer but buried his nose into his cloth after taking a sharp breath.

Ehe'hxxxtsooo!

Heh..heh...Heh’ehtscheww!

Groaning he sat up pivoting away from Liam to give his sore reddened nose a hard blow. Sadly it did little to relieve his congestion.

“Lay with me, love.” Liam pulled Gabriel back who did not argue.  Resting the blanket over them Liam listened to his boyfriend sniffle.  Even with the blanket Liam felt Gabriel's frame shivering. “Hold on let me get your sweater.” However his boyfriend wouldn't release his grasp.

“No, stay here.” It came out as a raspy whisper. “You're all the warmth I require.” He snuggled down into the writer's chest.

Smiling Liam pulled the blanket up farther tucking it in around Gabriel's neck. The professor let out a ragged hum, quickly brushing his handkerchief across his nose.

“Oh dear,” He sighed. A sharp inhale followed as he bore his head under the blanket.

Heh...Heh’ehtscheww!

Ehe'hxxxtsoo!

A hard sniffed followed another gasp.

Heh’tschoo!

Nh'xxdt!

A dry cough forced Gabriel up; masking it in his pajamas he felt Liam’s comforting touch on his back.

“Need your inhaler?” He asked his eyes full of worry as he listened to Gabriel’s pained breathing.

The professor shook his head, “Fine, dear, fine.” He wheezed unable to stop shaking from the fit.

Liam jumped up grabbing the cardigan and another blanket, wrapping his love tightly in both. “Want some tea?”

“I-I-I...hhh...”

Gabriel paused blinking rapidly his gaze went to the ceiling. His breath continued to hitch but nothing followed. Lowering his handkerchief momentarily he exhaled then a sharp gasp followed.

“Heh..heh...oh bl-last i-i-i-i...”

He stared forward waving his handkerchief around as if mentally trying to coax the sneeze out.  Another hitch Gabriel buried his nose in the cloth.

Heh’ehtscheww!

Ehh’tsscheww!

“Goodness gracious Gabe.” He muttered blowing his nose again.  Another hard sniffle he rested the handkerchief in his hand.

“I-uh well...dear...” He cleared his throat wincing slightly, “What was the question?” His already chapped face burned in a blush.

“I'll make tea, love.” Liam replied kissing that blush then adjusted the blanket again.

The exhausted older man could only nod as another hard couch racked his body.  “Such a mess.” He said to himself as Liam ran down the stairs.

A few minutes later Liam returned, a mug of hot lemon tea with a dash of honey for Gabriel's throat. “Bless you my dear.” His boyfriend said weakly taking a sip letting out a hum as the liquid soothed.

Liam sat back down adjusting the covers over them. “If you need more let me know.”

Gabriel nodded while drinking in the warmth. Something about how Liam made tea always filled him with a sense of comfort.  It tasted better, sweeter but Gabriel had watched him make it and Liam did nothing special. Maybe it was just because his wonderful dearest put such care into it for him.  A smile formed as did tears.

“Gabriel Lane, something wrong?” Liam shifted closer caressing the professor’s cheek gently.

“No my dear, forever amazed at how l-lucky I am.” His voice cracked as tears escaped rolling down his face, Liam wiping them away.  “You take such wonderful care of me still.”

The writer raised an eyebrow, “Did you think I'd stop?”

Gabriel huffed breaking into a breathy cough, “No dear, I merely...I'm so happy.” He drew his handkerchief wiping his eyes and nose. “You've managed making being sick tolerable. I feel awful but content knowing you'll go to whatever lengths to accommodate me.” He looked over at his partner. “There aren’t words for that kind of love my darling.”

Liam leaned in kissing Gabriel, cupping the professor’s face in his hands. “Anything for you my sky.”

Gabriel smiled running his fingers through that unruly sandy hair, staring at the face he dreamed about every night. How lucky he was.

~~~~

Title: I Thank God for You

Prompt: Lucky by Bif Naked

Two days later Liam could no longer ignore the sharp pain in his throat every time he swallowed.  He'd noticed the night before but paid little attention to it figuring it was caused by the weather.  However that familiar throbbing behind his eyes which usually indicated his immune system taking a vacation worried him.

Gabriel was on the mend, thankfully. The medicine seemed to be working the professor’s congestion lessened and he'd been able to get some much needed sleep.

Liam wasn’t about to worry his love with his issues so he popped several painkillers as well as another lozenge and prayed it would help.

“Dear?” Gabriel said later on as the two sat at the counter eating, “Are you well? Your complexion is quite pallid.”

Back to big words, Gabriel was definitely feeling better.  “Fine love, just a bit tired.” He said hoping to not garner any unwanted attention.  One lazy glance proved Gabriel wasn't buying it.

“Liam James do not fib.” Gabriel's brilliant eyes filled with concern. “I can hear it in your voice. I've gotten you sick.”

If Liam could have wished for anything it would have been not to see the pained frown form on his boyfriend's face. “Love, you're fine. I'm simply tired.”

“The only time you're tired is when you're ill.” The professor looked away sniffling.  A quick gasp followed.

Hehtscheww!

“Heavens, this cold...” He muttered wiping his still red nose.

The writer smiled in spite himself, Gabriel looked pathetically cute at times while sick.

“Dearest,” His boyfriend continued after a throat clear. “Be truthful, please.” Reaching over he grasped Liam’s hand in his.

“I've a slight,” The younger man emphasized the word, “Sore throat and headache, I...” But the professor was already off his bar stool.  “And I've taken Advil.”

Gabriel paused before reaching for another cabinet.

“And lozenges.” The writer shook his head. “Don't worry yourself Gabriel Lane. You need to get better first.”

Slowly the older man turned around, “I'm so useless.” He whispered rubbing his eyes.

Oh no. “Love, never ever say that.” Liam walked over wrapping his arms around the professor’s neck who averted his gaze.  “You are so wonderful; I appreciate you wanting to take care of me.” His voice cut he turned coughing into his fist.

“Dearest.” The pain in Gabriel's tone cracked Liam’s heart.

“How about this, we take care of each other? Sound good?” Liam smiled.

“Very well, as I am your senior I will begin.” Gabriel said in his teacher voice.

Liam laughed, “Oh so now the age difference is important?”

The professor shrugged, “In some cases... nevertheless you will march upstairs to bed.”

“Yes Professor.” Liam said pulling Gabriel close, “Only if you come with me.”

“Yes dear.” His boyfriend replied eyes fluttering closed as Liam nuzzled his neck.

The two walked to the bedroom, changing into pajamas.  Liam’s throat continued to ache even with lozenges and his cough grew harsher. Along with the headache by the time night fell he felt beyond awful.  

Gabriel lay next to him drifting in and out of sleep, the cold medicine taking effect. Not wanting to disturb his professor, Liam slowly descended the stairs leaning heavily on the rail. By the he reached the couch his teeth chattered. Wrapping the blanket around his shoulders he laid down, covering another cough in his hand.

Being sick was normally the only time sleep gave easily however the painful pressure in his chest kept him awake forcing a cough every few minutes. Liam gasped for breath as his lungs fought for air, his ribs ached from the spams but he'd no energy for pain medicine.

Pulling the blanket which had slipped from his last fit, the writer sighed closing his eyes, a drop of sweat ran down his cheek.

“Dearest, sit up please.” The gentle voice of his sky jogged Liam back.  With Gabriel's help he sat forward a small cup places in his shaking hand.  “Drink this, it'll help.”

Half-awake the writer swallowed the cough syrup grimacing.  He went to lean on Gabriel but felt a hand steady him. “Hold on dear, here.” Liam felt pills in his hand. “For your fever.” A quick drink of water after, the younger man forced his weary eyes open. Gabriel’s concerned face appeared, “Come back to bed please. I'm cold.” He smiled stroking Liam’s hair that stuck to his face.

The writer shook his head, “I'll keep you up...” His raspy voice broke into a harsh cough.

“Neither of us have anywhere to be tomorrow, my dear.” The professor leaned in kissing Liam’s feverish forehead. “Now come to bed.”

Liam finally nodded in agreement though ascending the stairs took some time; he finally made it into bed, shivering as Gabriel pulled the covers up around him.  The professor lay next to him, pulling him close.  “Much better.”

~~~~~

I've been wanting to use that song prompt FOREVER, I actually tried fitting it into MC but never found a good opportunity.

Those two drabbles are so wonderful. And thank you for a feverish Liam again. :wub:

2 minutes ago, hedgehog said:

Those two drabbles are so wonderful. And thank you for a feverish Liam again. :wub:

Did you ever get a chance to see the 2nd epilogue to FoN?

Yay for Liam and Gabe! I love him calling him his sky. That's just so beautiful. And poor Gabe. I love that the pharmacy lady knows Liam is there for Gabe. LOL. And then then sick!Liam, and Gabe so worried. So much love!

Ok not sure how I missed commenting on the 2 drabbles preceding the 2 Libriel. I know I wrote a comment... In my mind! (Thank you, Eddie Izzard! :D ) 

First, I love Aiden. I love how he seems superficial and frivolous but is actually a deep well of love and caring. 

“Babe stop, if you’re going to stubborn and go in, at least look stunning.” The fashionista stepped back grabbing the suit.

My favorite bit. :) 

Second, I am forever in love with Libriel. :wub: Liam is always ready to care for Gabe and Gabe is clearly capable of giving as good as he gets.

Thank you for the Love. We need it to fight off the Blue Meanie. 

@hedgehog hehehe no problem!

@AngelEyes I plan on making Clara the pharmacist a regular eventually. And yeah I forever love Liam calling Gabriel his sky

@Seeking Clarity + Wisdom Aiden has his priorities :lol:

@happybunny glad you liked it!

Ok new boys based on a concept thats been in my head for a while.  Actually spawned between a conversation @Juto and I had about Libriel but I knew Liam would never willingly cause Gabriel misery (not that Beckett does...you'll see).  So without further ado meet Beckett and Mathias.  Honestly this was a co-op between me and Juto, (and some brainstorming from @SpamKey) so enjoy.

~~~~

Beckett “Beckers” Cunningham - 25, 6’0. Medium length curly brown hair, comes down to below his ears. Amber brown eyes. Doesn’t necessarily have the fetish (maybe he does I dunno yet) but likes hearing his boyfriend sneeze, likes to induce with his wild hair.  Good immune system, allergic to cats.  Photographer, sells his prints online

Mathias “Matti” Petralia - 35. 6’0. Greyish/white straight hair, falls past his ears.  Greek descent so tan skin, dark eyes.  Speaks Georgian Greek as well as Italian, Romanian, German and other dialects of Greek but usually sticks to Georgian.  Left Greece in his late 20s.  Less than stellar immune system, seasonal allergies, allergic to cats, horses, dogs.  Prone to terrible ear infections.Journalist for Newhaven Sun.  Plays the violin.

Title: In Love Like This

Prompt: I Only Want to be with You by Dusty Springfield

"Beckers..." Beckett half smiled in his sleep as his boyfriend whined his name, followed by a congested sounding cough.  "Can't sleeeeeep."

Yeah. Beckett got that. Luckily, his boyfriend looked adorable sporting a woolly scarf and a thick sweater over his pyjamas.  And that adorable red nose he kept rubbing didn't make the picture any less adorable.

"I'm sorry Matti, baby." The older Mathias pouted miserably at his silky words.

"Do you need anything?" Beckett lazily twirled his fingers around in Mathias's mane of greying hair, brushing fever sweaty locks away from his burning forehead.

"I'm so congested" Mathias replied his eyes fluttering as if sleep knocked but couldn't be answered.

"I can hear that." Beckett said grazing his boyfriend's cheek. "Want me to help?" The grin parting his face nearly made Mathias blush.

Mathias sighed, he knew exactly what his partner implied, not that it didn't help, just the journalist always felt a twinge of embarrassment at it.

"Well..." He looked away pulling the scarf to hide his blush

Beckett batted his eyes playfully

"Very well." Mathias agreed, never one to turn down Beckett's adorableness

Beckett leaned back momentarily shaking all the loose parts of his medium length curly brown hair out.  A sultry smile formed on his face, slowly he lowered his head, gently grazing his hair across Mathias's face.

The wispy tickle of hair brushed against Mathias's sensitive nose.  He inhaled sharply but nothing happened resulting in a vicious rub.  

"No luck?" Beckett whispered, "Ok I'll try again.

The brunette slowly rocked his head back and forth in front of his boyfriend's face, listening for that hitch he loved so much.

Mathias gasped, and then groaned, another hard rub followed.  "Giving me a devil of a time." He said smiling weakly to Beckett who frowned.

"I'll get it this time babe, hang on..."  The photographer pulled back, this time ever so lightly caressing Mathias’s redden nose with just a few strands. The journalists face slacked his breath hitched. Gently he stroked the sides of his boyfriend's nose which quivered, Mathias inhaled sharply squeezing his eyes shut.  Beckett held his breath eyes widening in glee.

Ah...Ah...Ah...

Mathias clasped his hand over his nose.

“Oh don’t you dare!” Beckett couldn’t contain the smile plastered on his face, quickly pulling Matthias’s hand away.  The journalist managed a glare before turning his head.

Ah...Ah...Ahh’haeschew!

Heh...Ehh’kctshew!

Breathing, well kinda, a brief sigh of relief Mathias rubbed his nose with his silk handkerchief. “Didi madloba” A blush filled his cheeks.

Beckett softly kissed his forehead adjusting the scarf which had fallen. “Of course my sweet. Need any more help?”

Mathias expression slacked he raised a finger just in time to cover his mouth in the handkerchief.

Ahhhh’tsschew!

“Mercy.” He whispered hoarsely ignoring the wide eyes and prominent smile from his boyfriend. “No I think I'm fine now...”  His breath quickened. Ehe'hxxxtsoo!

Disappointed Beckett pushed his hair back behind his ear as Mathias scrubbed his nose which burned red.  Not that he really could complain he'd gotten his wish, induced sneezing from his gorgeous Greek God.

Settling back down in the bed, he drew the covers up. “One day you'll let me use feathers.” He quipped as Mathias let out a snort.

“Your hair is enough...” Mathias pinched his nose in his handkerchief.

Hep’knxk!

“You know I hate when you stifle.” The photographer pouted his bottom lip giving the best sad eyes he could.

“I know Beckers.” Mathias sniffed thickly.

“And you know how you get ear infections.” Beckett added, fingers walking over Mathias’ pink cheeks.

“Yes yes,” The journalist waved him off. “I must get some sleep. Need to catch the morning train.” The older man heaved a heavy sigh.

Beckett rolled his eyes, “I can't believe Daniel is making you do a story, it's supposed to rain tomorrow.” The photographer had a not so subtle dislike for Mathias’s Editor and Chief who cared more about a story than his employee’s health.

Mathias shrugged, “It’s a quick interview won't ta-a-a”  Ahh’haeschew! “Ta-a-a” He lurched forward cupping his handkerchief around his nose. Ehh’kctshew!

Mathias side glanced at Beckett who pretended not to be looking and failing miserably.  Well aware of the younger man’s enjoyment at his, well misery, Mathias had learned early on in their relationship Beckett wasn’t like his past boyfriend's. Sighing he blew his nose wetly wincing at the rawness he felt.  A quick wipe and he leaned back.

“You were saying, Matti?” Beckett said idly fingerings the loops in Mathias’s sweater. The hard exhale he heard answered his question.  “By the way those last two were glorious.”  A coy smile formed as he kissed Mathias’s feverish forehead again.

“B-B-Beckett S-s-stop...” Flustered by his boyfriend's words and hoping to subdue this next one Mathias turned away.

"Oh no no no" The brunette tutted softly, lowering the cloth from his boyfriend's face. "You are breathtaking my Greek God. Simply stunning."

Mathias squeezed his eyes shut fully aware at how red his face was.  He gasped lowering his head into his elbow.

Ahhhh’tsschew!

Sniffling he blew his nose again then wearily looked over a Beckett who was mere inches from him.

“I love it when you indulge me.” He bent forward nuzzling Mathias’s neck. The older man startled but Beckett held his position.

“Mercy.” Mathias whispered slowly closing his eyes. Another soft caress the photographer drew back.  His messy curls hung over his eyes a quick head flip revealed those amber eyes.

Oh if only he felt better. Mathias smiled cupping his hand on Beckett's cheek.  “Thank you Beckers.” He settled under the covers his scarf hiding the better part of his face.

Neither spoke again until all Beckett heard was the peaceful sound of his lover sleeping.  Rolling onto his side the photographer gazed lovingly at Mathias’s pale face.  Well aware his boyfriend had gone above and beyond for him tonight, he wondered how exactly he’d lucked out finding someone who understood.  Not that Mathias was completely comfortable he knew the embarrassment the older man felt, Beckett strived to show his appreciation.

Exhaling a small hum he leaned forward lightly rubbing his nose against the sleeping mans. Suddenly Mathias jerked and gasped, Beckett shot back not realizing his touch might cause another sneeze. As much as he wanted he'd never forgive himself for waking his sick lover.

Mathias’s eyes fluttered; lazily he brought his hand up rubbing his nose causing it to flare red.  Then he snuggled back down in his scarf; a soft yet congested exhale followed.

Smiling as he pulled the blanket up, Beckett didn't believe his Greek God could possibly be any cuter.

~~~~

Didi madloba - Thank you

That was delicious! I think Beckett has a fetish, or, at the very least, a strong appreciation for sneezing. Anyone else agree with me?

That was cute and yummy! Loving the new boys!

@Seeking Clarity + Wisdom Thanks! To be honest I was quite nervous posting it since I'd never written anything quite like it before. Beckett might have it :D

@Coffee Chicken Barista Thanks!

Ok fan faves River and Colin are back!  This isn't a continuation on their original drabbles as I'm still woring on that. This is how they met. Enjoy.

~~~~

Title: Knowing Me, Knowing You

Prompt: Knowing Me, Knowing You by ABBA

Characters: River/Colin

River stood outside Cedar Towers staring up at the vast luxury apartment complex. This had to be wrong, he must have gotten the address wrong but checking, rechecking and looking a third time, the clerk was in the right place.

Eyes widening behind his glasses he approached the etched glasses entry, a doorman holding it open for him.

Once again checking the address River proceeded to the elevator hitting the UP button. A few minutes later one arrived and he stepped in.

He'd answered the ad for a roommate a little over a week ago but surprised at how fast...Colin, that was it, had rung him. After settling schedules since River worked most of the week they finally were meeting up. Exiting the elevator he walked down a few doors to the address Colin had emailed him.

Just as he was about to knock he glanced one last time at the original ad he'd replied to on his phone.

Roommate Wanted: Over 25 please. No pets. Must be quiet. Have own transportation. Deal with eccentricities. Contact Colin.

It wasn't your normal ad needless to say but it was close to his work which sold it for him.

Pocketing his phone he rapped his fist against the door.

A minute later a man a few inches taller than him answered; his black hair had prominent streaks of grey on the sides. He wore a blue collared shirt under a brown sweater. However what struck River was the man's complexion. He was pale, quite pale. Eyes a bit red and puffy, his nose was chapped on either side.

“You must be River.” He said pulling the door open. “Do come in.”

His voice sounded muffled River easily figured his host was suffering from a cold.

“Sorry I'm a bit under the weather at the moment so I won't shake your hand, Colin Fairbanks.” Colin introduced himself with a smile.

“River Cantrell.” River replied taking in the enormous great room. He'd never seen an apartment this big in his life.

“Pleasure meeting you; please sit down.” Colin motioned to his table while wiping his nose with some tissues.

River sat down trying his best not to stare at everything Colin had in his apartment. They were beautiful works of art on the walls, sculptures on the mantel, an intricate chandelier hanging above his head. Whatever Colin did for a living paid well.  Also River noticed an exorbitant amount of tissue boxes collecting in both the living area and the kitchen.

“Thank you for replying promptly to my....” Colin expression slacked, he turned throwing a finger up. Ah’kktshjuh!  Hh’ktschjuh!

“Bless you.” River replied automatically.

Sniffling Colin wiped his nose again. “Thank you. As I was saying, your prompt reply to my ad gave me the impression you don't know who I am.”

River, who'd been admiring the size of the kitchen behind them, focused back on the dark haired man. Confused his brow knitted. “Should I?”

Colin smiled, “Trust me I'm not playing that card.” He paused pulling a few more tissues from the box next to him. “But since you don’t it might effect your decision.”

Completely befuddled at his hosts words River simply shrugged, “I'm pretty easy going so fire away.”

“Very well. Oh can I offer you anything?” Colin put on a pair of glasses before looking up at River.

“I'm fine thanks.” The clerk replied crossing one his ankles together.

“I'm a food critic, I write reviews for restaurants, parties, special events, etcetera, etcetera.” Colin rushed the last part as he cupped his tissues over his face. Heh’etsscheww!

“Bless you again.” River said wondering why Colin hadn't simply called and rescheduled their meeting if he wasn't feeling well.

“Thank you.” River swore he saw Colin’s pale cheeks flush momentarily.

“I work predominantly from this apartment, aside from when I'm attending an event. If you hadn't already noticed I...uh...” Colin shifted in this chair a nervousness suddenly seemed to overtake him. “I don’t have the best health, so I'm not the easiest person to live with.” Gripping his left hand over his right wrist he ran his thumb over it.

“So?” River said nonchalantly. The look Colin shot him quickly made him clarify his statement. “I mean, I'm not trying to downplay whatever you're dealing with.” River sat back raising both hands a bit defensively. “I simply meant it wouldn't bother me.” River wondered if this what Deal with Eccentricities had meant.

The critic held his stare, for a brief moment River was sure he'd lost the apartment deal. About to grab his bag he heard Colin clear his congested throat. “The apartment is yours if you desire. All I ask in return since you work is that if you come in past 10pm you're quiet. I'm a horrendously light sleeper.”  

That wasn't at all what River had expected truthfully for a split second he thought critic decided to mess with him.  However something in Colin’s weary sick smile told River his words were true.

“Wow, thanks.” He stated still a bit shocked how easy he'd landed this plush apartment.

“No thank you River.” Colin said with a soft smile. Maybe it was his imagination but River detected a hint of sadness in the critic’s tone.

Shrugging it off River figured life with the eccentric critic would be interesting no matter what

Lovely bit of backstory. I am interested in this couple. I look forward to more from you about River and Colin. :) 

For some reason I read Colin's voice with an English accent, and River's with a regular American one! Made it all the more interesting.

thanks for the update! :)

• 2 weeks later...

@Seeking Clarity + Wisdom oh they'll stop by from time to time.

@this_is_not_me They are :heart:

@happybunny Heh, he can be English if you want :D

Ok this is for @SpamKey:heart: Based on a conversation we had but I changed it up a bit. Also I adore the song prompt for this one. So Aiden.

~~~~

Title: Mr. Right

Prompt: Material Girl by Madonna

Pairings: Barrett/Aiden

“Aiden Summerville you are impossible.” Barrett crossed his arms over his chest letting out a frustrated sigh which casually blew his bangs.

The blonde diva lay on their bed wrapped in a blanket, bed covers pulled up to his chest and a half empty box of tissues with the used ones surrounding him.

“Sorry to have interrupted your day off Barrett,” He snapped red rimmed eyes boring holes into his boyfriend who merely shook his head. “It's not like I chose to get sick.” Grabbing another handful of tissues Aiden blew his red raw nose.  He inhaled sharply squeezing his eyes shut.

Ah’tschoo!

Ah..ah’tschoo!

Barrett eyed him, “You haven't had a proper night sleep in two weeks. I haven't seen you eat anything that wasn't either take out or cereal in that time as well. You told me Star had just gotten over the flu when you met up with her the other day.” The lawyer palmed his face. “You didn't do yourself any favors.”

If steam had been able to seep off Aiden feverish forehead it would have. Beat red in anger his hand reached for the nearest item, a pillow, launching it at his boyfriend. Sadly sapped of energy from his flu the pillow didn't even make it off the bed.

More infuriated than ever, Aiden whipped off the blanket summoning any strength he could to stand. However he rose too fast a wave of dizziness washed over him; reaching for the headboard his vision darkened. Suddenly he felt the firm embrace of Barrett catch him, easing him back to the bed.

“Careful darling, careful.” The low soft voice of Barrett in his ear caused him to shiver. “I've got you.”

“Retty...” The blonde breathed clutching his boyfriend’s arm.  

“You’re burning up.” Barrett swiped Aiden’s damp bangs from his face.  “Lie still, keep your eyes closed I'll be right back.”

Not even able to utter a response the designer complied drawing the blanket around him.  Hearing the rushed footsteps of Barrett return his eyes fluttered but the cold compress halted any attempt to gaze on the dark haired lawyer.

“There. Just rest darling.” Barrett ran his long fingers over Aiden’s cheeks wincing at how warm his partner felt.  “Just rest.”

“Marry me Retty...” Aiden sighed before fading off to sleep.

Barrett smiled bending down he kissed Aiden’s radish red nose.

“If I'd known you'd accept simply based on a fever induced plea, I'd have kept quiet.” Aiden huffed before swallowing another dose of medicine.  His fever had broken a few hours earlier still he didn't feel quite out of the woods.

Barrett raised an eyebrow as he smirked. “Are you withdrawing your statement?”

Aiden rolled his eyes, “Don't lawyer up on me right now darling.” Setting the glass down he locked eyes his blue with Barrett’s hazel, “Where's the flair? The showboating? It so wasn't an Aiden Summerville production.” He turned rather perturbed from Barrett who covered his mouth from laughing.

“And what about names?” Aiden asked waving around his silk handkerchief Barrett had given him. “Aiden Chase sounds like a schoolboy. No glamour.”

Barrett bit his lip from laughing, of all the things to worry his flamboyant boyfriend. “Well I'm nearly a partner at the firm so sorry darling I'd like to keep mine.”

Sighing the blonde gave an overzealous eye roll. “Fine fine we’ll hyphenate, though I'll have to order new business cards...” His words hurried together as he raised his handkerchief.

Ah’tschoo!

T’schoo!

Frowning he blew his nose then noticed Barrett’s eyes on him. “I know I look awful.”

“Mr. Soon-to-be-Chase-Summerville, you never have ever looked awful.” Barrett bent down kissing Aiden’s cheek.

“Oh your name is first?” Aiden couldn't hide the smile.

“Seniority rules, my darling.” The lawyer grabbed the empty glass off the table. “I'll get you more water.”

“Also,” Aiden called as Barrett stood in the door. “You better buy me the most fabulous Aiden worthy ring ever. I’ll be showing it off to everyone.” The glint in his eye was a sure sign the diva was recovering.

Reaching into his pocket Barrett pulled out his wallet and tossed his credit card to his partner. “Indulge yourself.”

Aiden squealed as he pulled out his phone, “Babe you're the best. Let the shopping commence!”

Barrett merely shook his head walking to the kitchen.

KAZE I
THIS IS SO PERFECT I'M YELLING EVERYWHERE
MY FAVE EVER

*Juto reads. Smile on her face... She looooooves sick!diva!Aidan*

mumblemumblemumble-dawwwww sick Aiden Summerville - sighs... 

Mumblemumblemumble-awwwww dizzy spell and catching and fever awwww so sweet - sigh...

mumblemumblemumble

wait...

.......?

OMG WHAT???

GAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH LFIFFIXKKXKSJWJDMZKSHDNAKXICKDKSOKFEJS!!!!!!

P R O P O S A L ?????????????? 

YAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!

How very anti-Aidan but omg perfectly planned and executed :D  and sooooooo sweeeeeeeet!!!!!!!

Happiness is... Aiden and Barrett getting engaged while Aiden is in a feverish daze. imagegif

You're a good woman @Kaze wo Hiku! :D 

I never know whom of the boys I should commiserate more when Aiden is sick. :P However - this drabble was very sweet. :)

Aw Kaze, you've somehow made them even more adorable! I think these two are my favorites!

Haha, I love that Barrett wants no part of trying to find the perfect ring! The wedding will be epic. 

• 2 weeks later...

Heh appears everyone enjoyed the proposal from feverish Aiden :D

This next one is @Adrian's birthday gift, sparked by an idea he gave me. Warning this is an angst fest. :yes:

Happy birthday dear enjoy :heart:

~~~~

Title: When You Let Me Fall part 1

Prompt: Ring the Bells by James

Looking back, Liam realized all of this could have been avoided had he simply been paying attention.

Early September brought a bit of chill to the air. Gabriel assured Liam he was warm enough in his overcoat and scarf as they strolled the waterfront hand in hand.  Liam didn't totally buy it given how cold the professor’s hand felt in his but kept his mouth shut.

After a bad panic attack yesterday Liam needed to be near the water, craving the calming sound of current passing by to ease his frayed nerves. Originally due to the weather he'd planned on going alone but that sad pouty face of his boyfriend got the better of him.

They'd made it nearly to the Newhaven marina, walking out on one of the many piers which lined the water. The boats sailing in and out brought a sense of peace to the anxious writer. He lowered his guard something he'd regret later.

Liam wasn't even sure how it'd happened. One moment he and Gabriel stood near the edge watching a yacht dock a few piers over. The next moment Liam froze as Gabriel missteps around a some rope lying on the ground. Unable to catch himself the clumsy professor fell over the side of the unfenced pier into the chilly water below.

Time physically stopped for Liam who felt his heart slow in his chest as his hand reached out grasping nothing. No air entered his lungs, his vision darkened, swaying he forced himself upright. If he passed out, who would help Gabriel? Sucking in a tight panicked breath, Liam jumped off the side in after his boyfriend. The water wasn't deep but they both went under upon entering. Panting Liam lunged for Gabriel's arm but nearly pulled him back under. Frantic he treaded enough to finally feel the sandy floor beneath him.  Gabriel latched onto his partner unable to get a firm grip from shivering.  Liam splashed around finally able to pull both of them out collapsing onto the bank.  Dripping wet, shaking from the ordeal all his attention fell on his love already able to hear the older man’s chest wheeze.

Gabriel sat panting huddled head buried near his chest hugging himself though it made little difference.  He sniffed thickly teeth chattered hard as he fought for warmth.

Liam knew he had precious little time, he needed the get his boyfriend warm. Digging into his pocket he pulled out his phone only to realize it was now a glorified paper weight. The water completely ruined it. Angrily he stuffed it back into his pocket. Running a hand through his drenched hair his mind raced.

Gabriel drew a hard shivery breath triggering a dry cough which he muffled into his shaking fist.

“O-o h-h-h l-l-lov-ve.” Liam ran his hands over Gabriel's shoulders trying to generate any heat he could.  Not good not good. No phone, the loft too far to walk Liam's head spun hoping an idea surfaced. Suddenly he saw something out of the corner of his eye; a cab was parked near the pier landing.

Liam leaned in close to Gabriel who continued to wheeze. “H-hold on-n-n.”

He rose dashing over to the cab, suddenly padding for his wallet. That still remained in his pocket as did Gabriel's inhaler which he assumed was ruined from being submerged.

“H-hey! Y-y-y-you in ser-r-vice?” Liam bent down looking through the window.

The shaggy red haired cab driver glanced up. “Sorry pal I'm not getting my cab soaked.” He huffed hitting the up button on the window control.

Liam threw several inappropriate responses as the cab drove off. Think Liam think!! Grabbing his hair he spun around looking for anything. Suddenly one of the Blue Line buses pulled up. A smile finally appeared as he ran back over to Gabriel, who had a substantial puddle forming around him. Liam  slowly looped his arm through the professor’s.  “Can you stand?” Although still freezing all his darting about halted his teeth chattering.

Gabriel exhaled another hard cough but managed with Liam's help to stand, bracing himself against his partner. The two slowly made their way to the bus, leaving a trail of drips; the anxious writer praying the entire time they'd make it. Already short on breath he couldn't risk rushing his poor boyfriend.  

Boarding Liam quickly showed his pass and Gabriel's then got them to some seats. Gabriel's shivering hadn’t subsided, his lips were light in color, cheeks flushed pink against his pale face, his hair continued to drip down the folds of his coat. Liam wrapped him as tightly as possible against his own cold body knowing he wasn't making much difference.

Sniffling Gabriel's shaking hand slowly rose up brushing his nose. Liam heard a hard sharp pained inhale.

Heh...Hehtscheww!

Heh...Hxxn’t!

Liam swore internally, his time was up, Gabriel's poor health wouldn't be able to fight against this.

The professor pulled out his soaked handkerchief wincing as the cold touched his sensitive nose.

Ehh’kctshew!

“O-o-oh-h-h d-d-dear.” His teeth chattered as he drew closer to Liam resting his head against his partners soaked hoodie.

“Don't speak love, just try to keep warm.” Liam whispered running his hands over Gabriel's coat.

A few minutes later he helped a still shivering Gabriel out of the bus ad they began the slow walk to the loft. A trip that normally took maybe two minutes lasted nearly ten.  The wheezing in Gabriel's chest had a definite crackle to it which worried Liam.  Finally they made it, Liam opened the door ripping Gabriel's coat off him. “Bathroom now!” He commanded assisting the professor. Turning on the shower he stepped back. “Warm up.”

Gabriel's weary blue eyes met Liam's. “B-b-but-t-t...”

“No arguing Gabriel Lane, get in!!” Liam pulled the professor closer. “Don't worry about me love. Just get warm.”

“L-l-liam-m-m d-d-d...” Gabriel started before a hard cough broke up his staggered words.

“I'm not the one who's getting sick!” Liam snapped immediately regretting it as his boyfriend's eyes teared up. Fucking great. “Please love, I'm fine I'll go change, get in!” He pointed to the shower which now steamed with hot water.  Sighing roughly Gabriel nodded.

Liam changed quickly then pulled out a warm set of flannel pajamas for Gabriel his grey cardigan and a blanket. He set them in the bathroom so when Gabriel finished he had dry clothes waiting. Liam grimaced every time a hard raspy cough sounded through the shower. Thankfully he'd found a spare inhaler in his other hoodie.  

As soon as Gabriel emerged he thrust it in the professor's hand. Even after two hits the wheezing in his chest only lessened slightly.  Wrapping the blanket around his boyfriend’s shoulders Liam led him slowly up the stairs to the bedroom.  

As they stepped onto the landing Gabriel tensed pivoting away from Liam who maintained his hold.  Inhaling sharply the professor’s expression slacked before burying his face into his elbow crook.

Ehh’tsscheww!

Ehe'hxxxtsoo!

Ow...oh my-y...Heh’ehtscheww!

Sniffling he rubbed his nose against his sleeve cuff while Liam helped him into bed.

Tucking his exhausted boyfriend into bed with not only the blanket he wore but the comforter and an extra knitted afghan, Liam slowly stroked Gabriel's hair as the love of his life's eyes fluttered closed.  Drawing a pained  breath the professor hacked into his covers, a harsh crackling cough racked his body.

Liam quickly got under the covers flinching as Gabriel's cold hands pulled him close.  “Sleep my love. I'll keep you safe.” I'll keep you dry. Don't be afraid Gabriel I'm the satellite. And you're the sky.

Letting a low moan the professor’s gripped tightened as he fell asleep.

“Gabriel?” Liam fought to keep his voice steady as he wiped the sweat from the professor’s forehead. “Love, you need medicine, you're fever spiked.”

Those blue eyes he adored opened but then rolled back. Two days after the incident Gabriel had only grown worse. His cough harsh and hacking kept him up the previous night. No amount of cough medicine seemed to suppress it.  A minor fever now spiked to nearly 103° as Liam frantically tried to force Gabriel to stay awake long enough to swallow pills.  His chest still wheezed no matter how often he used his inhaler, already emptying his spare. Even though he needed a refill and replace the water logged ones Liam couldn't leave his ailing love.

“Gabriel please.” Liam's voice broke as tears filled his burning tired eyes. “Really quickly then you can rest.”

Humming in agreement Gabriel barely got his head up high enough to swallow the medicine collapsing back onto the pillow when finished.

“Love, finish the water. You must stay hydrated.” Liam's own hands shook holding the glass for his exhausted boyfriend who forced himself up again. “There good.” Liam tilted the glass. “You'll feel better soon I promise.” He bent down kissing Gabriel's pale feverish forehead. The professor’s eyes fluttered briefly then exhaustion tightened its grip and he drifted back off.

The next day Liam couldn't deny it anymore; Gabriel needed a doctor. His boyfriend's pained breathing was short and shallow leading to rough phlegmy cough. Already having gone through several handkerchiefs Gabriel sat up against two pillows as laying down had become massively uncomfortable.

Liam paced nervously near the edge of the bed. He'd already tried getting Gabriel out of bed once with no luck. Deprived of any strength the professor barely had been able to stand let alone walk. His cough doubled him over before making it to the stairs; Liam wasn't risking anything.

“Dearest.” Gabriel's hoarse raspy voice wheezed. A short sharp breath followed. “You must re...” Clasping his handkerchief over his mouth another deep chest racking cough ripped through him.  Liam dashed over supporting Gabriel during the fit.

“Don't talk love, it only makes you cough.” Liam ran his hand in circles over Gabriel's back.

“Breathing...makes me cough.” The professor’s voice nearly gone still managed a bitter edge to it. “Rest my...dear.”

Liam forced a smile knowing full well how awful he looked. Less than 5 hours sleep in now 3 days weighed heavily on him. Especially since his insomnia now affected Gabriel's poor health. “I will love, promise. As soon as you're well.”

Gabriel scoffed immediately lurching forward into a hard cough.  

Gritting his teeth Liam jumped back to pacing. Still with no phone, his new one arriving tomorrow, his options were few. If only doctors still made house calls! Suddenly a thought occurred; returning to Gabriel who panted from his fit, Liam eased him back against the pillows pulling the comforter up. “I'm calling Darian, I'll see if Jasper is home and use his phone.” Leaning his head against Gabriel's, Liam's tired eyes closed. “I'll make this right I promise.” Kissing his boyfriend's cheek, the writer drew whatever strength he had left and dashed to the next door apartment.

“Success!” Liam blurted out as he walked back in the loft only to realize Gabriel might be sleeping. Two stepping up the stairs he watched as the professor’s red rimmed eyes opened slightly upon hearing him.

“I got a hold of Darian, love. He's coming by after his shift.” Liam took Gabriel's hand in his kissing it. “You'll be okay.”

“For...give me...dear.” The professor’s weak voice barely registered. “I burden....”

Liam frantically shook his head, “No no love please don't!” Pain gripped his chest burning his lungs as he inhaled. “You're not, please don't...” Turning away in a sad attempt to hide his tears the writer finally reached the end of his rope.  Burying his face in the blanket his hands tightened around the edges as he felt Gabriel's comforting touch caress his hair.  Unable to stop himself Liam cried uncontrollably, heavy sobs rocking his frame. At some point he became aware he was apologizing profusely to Gabriel who continued softly stroking his hair.  After nearly ten minutes Liam pulled back sitting on his heels; wiping his eyes against his sleeve.

He couldn't bring himself to even face Gabriel so he turned away as he rose to his feet. “I'll make you tea, love.” He whispered voice ragged from the break down.

“Liam dear, wait.” His boyfriend's worn voice so full of worry it physically ached Liam's heart.

Slowly he face Gabriel who smiled weakly. “That...can wait...lay please.” He maneuvered one hand pulling back the comforter. Too exhausted to argue Liam simply collapsed on the bed, holding tightly onto Gabriel's hand as they both fell asleep.

TBC

~~~~

Yes yes I know I'm mean :lol:

Mean? MeAN?????? Mean doesn't even BEGIN TO COVER IT!!!

Gabriel, oh goodness, please forgive me for ever giving Kaze this prompt. I'm not sure what I expected but :cry: aszdkjfhgkjhsdgb oh goodness just let me hold him and keep him safe and warm and give poor Liam a break so he can get some sleep. Ugh your boys are so wonderful and askdjhfrh thank you for writing me a birthday drabble. And in more than one part??? You spoil me omg. Just- make sure you look after Fessor because he wrote me the sweetest birthday card and now THIS HAS HAPPENED and my poor heart can't take it.

Beautiful, of course, but curse you. How very dare you??

Archived